• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hexblood Bandit

Your typical witch burdened by college debt.
Nothing is visible to you, not even yourself. Your voice cannot traverse the darkness and only silence answers you.

Just as the panic sets in, a fluttering of wings is heard, and you see a scaleless dragon rapidly approaching your location. With every beat of its powerful wings stars appear and paint the sky behind it. It harmlessly soars just above you and continues on to a now visible lake. The dragon dives into the waters and a red haze erupts from the lake. Snap!

Hey everyone! I will be running a DnD-lite roleplay and am looking for some partners willing to explore the setting. Here are some important details in the setting:
  • Set in the Forgotten Realms with a few twists to the lore
    • FR is just the background do not be surprised if I contradict an established piece of lore
    • You do not need to know anything about FR lore, but knowing some bits could make it easier to establish your character
  • High Fantasy, magic is widespread and fantastical
    • Takes place on a set of islands called the Moonshae Isles, but I will not be using the lore associated
    • Red outline marks the Sarifal Kingdom, and the story will start somewhere in Sarifal-Gwynneth
      Sarifal Kingdom.png
  • Supernatural influences will be very present, so expect fey, celestials, fiends, and outsiders to be barging in on the Material Plane
  • Set in an Elven Kingdom ruled by the immortal High King (or Coronal), with his descendants vying for the position of a proxy King/Queen
    • The Coronal is worshipped by the dragonborn as their creator
  • The current King waged a war of reclamation against the goblinoids in an attempt to regain the love of the people
  • A Succession Crisis happened 7 years ago and the people are still rallying for the Exiled Princess to return and depose the King
    • Think Napoleon’s exile
  • Coastal cities are being raided by the devilish Sahuagin
  • Crime Syndicates are heavily involved in dwarven politics

I have a bunch of ideas in my head regarding conflicts between different regions, factions, and people but primarily want a character-driven roleplay. Roleplay a nobleman enrolling into the Cambro Academy, a soldier serving in the frontier, a criminal seeking his fortune. Give me some inspiration or character idea I can work with, and I will try to curate the roleplay to that specific character.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, otherwise fill out the Character Sheet below and I will follow up with a PM.

CS​
  • Name
  • Species* (Think typical fantasy races but no gnomes, goblinoids, or anything too outlandish)
  • Appearance (pictures are fine)
  • Ideals
  • Bonds (Can be a pet, friend, spouse, family member, etc.)
  • Flaw (No Gary Stu and no Mary Sues)
  • Background (2-3 sentences about your character’s origin)
  • Abilities (What are your fields of expertise? Skills you have accumulated over the years? IF you plan on being a spellcaster, name the type of caster, and then explain what you could generally do, so for example illusions)

Attachments

• Sarifal Kingdom.png
    Sarifal Kingdom.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 1608536084815.png
    1608536084815.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Could be exploring the aftermath of the mess with Kazgoroth and Bane as well as the Ffolk adjusting to life without the Earthmother with Chauntea taking her place.

And I do have a pair of characters in mind. One is a wandering Mage, the other a fighter.
dc11ujd-9081a825-4b14-4b4f-b0a5-f11968f6052b.jpg3af3d6eea0a63440abc157f20a4ca9a0.jpg

Here is some more lore for anyone interested in the setting.

General-
  • Before the Coronal conquered most of the Moonshae Isles, the islands had a bunch of city-states warring with each other
    • The Coronal is still kicking it today despite being over 1100 years old, the Kingdom of Sarifal is roughly 750 years old
    • Most people believe the Coronal is either some sort of demigod, the elven pantheon 's (Seldarine) Chosen, fey, or some other immortal
    • Sycorax, the scaleless dragon, was instrumental in the Coronal's early war campaigns but died at the battle of Synnoria roughly 600 years ago
  • The Coronal is mostly withdrawn from worldly matters, however the cult surrounding him ensures that he keeps some level of influence
    • The crowned king must visit the Coronal in the Prismatic Palace to truly be recognized by the nobility
    • 200 years ago the Coronal purged the royal line using the dragonborn (few people know why), afterwards he made a new heir
  • Jumping ahead the dragonborn are relatively rare (not rarer than tieflings), due to poor management of them in consecutive wars
  • Eight years ago the Karador's magical Academies backed Prince Beiro, and wrestled the title of monarch away from the more popular candidate Princess Naivara
    • For a year and a half afterwards Prince Beiro had to put down an armed rebellion by Naivara; things ended when the princess was captured and exiled to Flamsterd
    • Around this time the Sahuagin broke the Triton front on the Sea of Swords and have launched attacks on the coastal cities
  • With his popularity down among the people, King Beiro is attempting to reclaim Norland from the goblinoids
    • He married the daughter of Archmage Wynne of RSA
Notable Cities-

• Karador: The capital of the Sarifal Kingdom isalso the arcane capital of the Moonshae Isles, and home to many of the islands' most powerful and influential spellcasters. Magic items, relics, academies, and much more can be found here
    • Karador resides in the middle of Myrloch Lake, so it acts as an important liason between the Sarifal and Gwynneth regions
    • Karador is also one of the most diverse cities, with all types of species calling it home
    • The proxy king resides in the Jade Palace
    • Notable factions include the Karador Adventurer's Guild, Karador Instiution of the Fantastical (Mage Guild), Royal Sarifal Academy (Mage Guild), Forsworn (Tiefling mercs), Royalists Faction, Reaper Sisterhood (small all-female gang), Onyx Thorn Company (large gang), Chargers (gang made up of former-academy spellcasters)
  • Caer Corwell: First settled by human monks, Caer Corwell ("The Fall of Corwell) has developed massively due to the influx of dwarves and drow. Thanks to its rich source of architects, this sprawling city has plenty of places where you can admire stunning views. Visit the monastery dedicated to Deneir, a nearly 1,500 year old monastery that had been renovated by elves, dwarves, and humans.
    • In this setting drow have been brought back into the fold of the elven gods after Lolth's demise, and primarily worship Eilistraee or Ghaunadur (eldritch being)
    • Dwarves have settled throughout the Highlands and are technically vassals to the Sarifal Kingdom
    • Notable factions include the Art and Architecture Guild, Caer Corwell's Adventurer's Guild, Mages' Guild, Merchant's Guild, Deneir Monastery, Eilistraee's Dancers (Clerics of the drow goddess), Darkmantles (Servants of Ghanadur), Ten Families (Dwarven Cartel that uses golems), Mirehounds (large human gang)
  • Dynatt: Literally a stone's throw away from the fey-inhabited Llyrath Forest, the former capital of the Sarifal Kingdom is a city inhabited by elves and dragonborn. While Karador is a newer, more fantastical city, Dynatt has long been the cornerstone of the Sarifal Kingdom. This is the city where the Coronal launched his first campaign, the city where thousands of dragonborn died defending the Netherese Scrollsfrom invasion, the city where legends have died and are made. Frustrated with the King Beiro, the denizens of the city are crying out for Princess Naivara to return from her exile at Flamsterd.
    • In this setting dragonborn were created when the Coronal (High King) slayed Kholkikos, the firstborn son of Bahamut
    • Beiro is an half-elf, and Naivara is full elf
    • Boundaries between the Feywild is weak here so the fey cross over regularly
    • Notable factions include the Dynatt's Adventurer's Guild, Cult of the Coronal (dragonborn that worship the coronal as a demigod), Illesere's Champions (thieves guild that worships the elven god/goddess Erevan Illesere), Noble Faction, Naivara's fans, Dynatt's Miltary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back