• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Saoirse (Irish Revolutionary Period Historical Questlog) *COMPLETED*

(Was a bit worried lol Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller good to see you again. Anyway it seems Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You get low, charging in with your bayonet raised. The Auxiliary lets out a yell as you slam into him, thrusting your bayonet upwards as you jab it between his ribs and into his soft stomach. You pull out the blade with a sickening squelch as the man falls to the ground with a desperate scream. You jab the bayonet into his throat, plunging it into the soft flesh as you hack open his throat with a torrent of blood. The Auxiliary's screams turn to wet squelching, and that turns to silence quickly after.

You look up, to see the first lorry of nine officers has been easily wiped out. You don't think you see a single loss on your side. The second lorry has already stopped at position two, and is exchanging fire with them.

"Let's go help those bastards!" Tom Barry yells.

The group quickly rushes down the road to position two, where the Auxiliaries stand a chance. That is, until you arrive. You quickly take cover as you arrive at the second lorry, opening fire. There's a short, brutal exchange of firefire. You quickly see an IRA man, foolishly crouched halfway out of cover, shot in the head and killed instantly.

"For god's sake, surrender!" Tom Barry screams. "No more men need to die!"

"We surrender, we surrender!" a voice among the Auxiliaries calls out, as the gunfire stops. "We surrender, hold your fire!"

"Thank Christ," Tom Barry mutters. "I'm sending men over to collect your rifles. You are now officially prisoners of the Irish Republic."

1. Collect the prisoners' rifles

2. Hold your position

2. Are you insane? Sending men, to pick up their rifles for them? Good God, man. The moment you start walking towards them you'll make a nice big target! Don't play nice here, this is war, and an ugly war at that. The moment our people get the upper hand, they'll just kill some goddamned bystander for the heck of it. I don't care if these are auxiliaries you're dealing with, they're British, and they're as brutal as they come. If they want to surrender, they have to come to us first, with hands in the air, rifles on the ground, and they need to walk slowly. And be prepared to blow their brains out if they so as much dare to make a move.

For goodness sake, you don't have to die just because you care about the people around you. You're a soldier, man, not just some innocent. You have a rifle in your hands. Own it. And always always go for the kill. When the time comes, don't shy away from murder and death.

(Option 2 has been unanimously chosen with 3 votes!)

You hold your position, your rifle raised. There's a long pause, as a few men begin approaching the Auxilaries to collect their rifle. You watch patiently, your rifle aimed.

Suddenly, the Auxiliaries open fire, firing their rifles in a hail of bullets. Instantly, one of the men sent to collect the rifles has his head explode, as another is shot in the stomach, chest and arm, collapsing on the ground as he quickly bleeds to death. The others all quickly scramble for cover, desperate to escape the hail of bullets.

"Fucking cheats! Return fire, return fire!" Tom Barry screams.

You open fire, as the rest of the IRA do the same. You quickly fire, as the hail of gunfire overwhelms them, and it's clear they won't last.

"We surrender!" an auxiliary calls out, casting down his rifle. "I swear to God, we surrender to the Republic!"

"Fuck off," Tom Barry shouts, personally shooting the surrendering auxilary. "You don't get to pull that card again, you cheating bastard."

It's not long before the last auxiliaries are gunned down by your forces, and the return fire stops. There's a quick pause after the last enemy drops, before Tom Barry shouts out an order.

"Hold fire!"

You all hold fire, as you stare at the defeated enemy.

"Any of them still standing?" Tom asks.

As silence is the reply, he orders you to move forward, checking them out.

"What's our losses?" someone calls.

"Three men," Tom Barry calls back.

You walk out, moving towards the IRA. You quickly find one lying on the ground, blood pouring down his face as he bleeds badly. His weapon is cast aside, as he tries to crawl away, to escape the IRA. You look down at him, at the pathetic struggle to survive, raising your rifle.

1. Execute him

2. Spare him

Come on. He is not trying to trick us. He is not even able to trick us right now! He’s a british, but more than that, he is a subordinate that tried with other subordinates to steal victory. All of his comrades are dead. We don’t know his motivations for being at this position. Maybe he believed it was a just cause. Maybe he is trying to feed his family with his salary. He suffers enough. This guy will suffer PSTD and probably crippling injuries for the rest of his life. Even with that, he still wants to live. He’s running away from the monsters that stole the lives of his trustworthy companions.

Do you really want to kill him?

(Option 2 has been unanimously chosen with 3 votes!)

You hold your position, your rifle raised. There's a long pause, as a few men begin approaching the Auxilaries to collect their rifle. You watch patiently, your rifle aimed.

Suddenly, the Auxiliaries open fire, firing their rifles in a hail of bullets. Instantly, one of the men sent to collect the rifles has his head explode, as another is shot in the stomach, chest and arm, collapsing on the ground as he quickly bleeds to death. The others all quickly scramble for cover, desperate to escape the hail of bullets.

"Fucking cheats! Return fire, return fire!" Tom Barry screams.

You open fire, as the rest of the IRA do the same. You quickly fire, as the hail of gunfire overwhelms them, and it's clear they won't last.

"We surrender!" an auxiliary calls out, casting down his rifle. "I swear to God, we surrender to the Republic!"

"Fuck off," Tom Barry shouts, personally shooting the surrendering auxilary. "You don't get to pull that card again, you cheating bastard."

It's not long before the last auxiliaries are gunned down by your forces, and the return fire stops. There's a quick pause after the last enemy drops, before Tom Barry shouts out an order.

"Hold fire!"

You all hold fire, as you stare at the defeated enemy.

"Any of them still standing?" Tom asks.

As silence is the reply, he orders you to move forward, checking them out.

"What's our losses?" someone calls.

"Three men," Tom Barry calls back.

You walk out, moving towards the IRA. You quickly find one lying on the ground, blood pouring down his face as he bleeds badly. His weapon is cast aside, as he tries to crawl away, to escape the IRA. You look down at him, at the pathetic struggle to survive, raising your rifle.

1. Execute him

2. Spare him

1. Yes, I do want to kill the bastard.

The moment you let this man live, you'll give him the opportunity to kill more of your people. By sparing this man's life, this British man, you can kill a few more Irishmen with your naivety. Don't give him a chance, even if he has his reasons, you have your reasons. He had his chance. And look where that got you. The blood of an Irishman is in his hands. Even if he was not personally responsible for it, his unit was. If you're going to just sit there and do what's right, he'll take his chances and ruin people's lives, and soon there won't be anything left to look forward to. There are no heroes and villains here, just soldiers and criminals.

I've thought of bringing him as a prisoner, for interrogation purposes, but he'll just slow you down and might not be worth your time.

Kill him fast, before you make it more painful for yourself and everyone around you.

Ughh, I hate to be the tiebreaker in such a situation.
I've been going back and forth between my options for a while now, but I think I'm going to decide on number 2. Heisenberg's argument is sound, and he is probably right, but I just can't bring myself to vote something I quite likely couldn't go through with myself.

(Intriguing results here, you guys have very interesting views on the morality here and the next action to take. This is part of the reason why I love to do this. Anyway it appears Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes! And we will now be moving onto the Dillon's Cross Ambush as you guys voted to do both.)

You lower your rifle, frowning as you shake your head. Tom Barry strolls out in front of you, he sighs, shaking his head, as you spare the wounded man.

"We don't spare any desperate souls today, not after that fake surrender," he says.

Tom Barry raises his rifle, pulling the trigger. The gun clicks empty, as he raises his rifle, smashing the butt into the man's head. He quickly begins to smash the butt of the rifle into the man's head, as he begins to bash open the man's head, crushing his skull and spewing grey brain matter and chunks of skull onto the floor.

"War is hell, isn't it?" Tom Barry says darkly, looking up at you.

"Yes, it is," you nod.

"Come on then, let's finish up here and get out the hell away from this blasted town! I want the second truck destroyed and inoperable, and any wounded killed. Then, we get out of here!" Tom Barry orders with a yell.

Hours after the ambush, you've all retired to another village far away from Kilmichael, where your safe-houses lie. The local pub is as nationalist as it gets, and you've all retired there for a drink. You sit next to Joseph and a few other men, a pint in your hands. Tom Barry strolls into the center of the room, holding a sheet of paper in his hands.

"Ahem! Order, order!" Tom Barry yells. "It turns out I've made a grave mistake in counting our number. We can't have only lost three men for eighteen British officers. Not only did one of them survive, but it's worse. I have in my hands the British report, and we didn't fight with thirty six men."

The room falls silent, as everyone stares at Tom Barry, who grins.

"No, instead, the British report tells me that we fought with over a hundred IRA soldiers, all wearing steel trench helmets! One hundred fucking men!"

There's a chorus laughter, as it's clear the British are trying to save face after their horrific defeat. Tom Barry laughs the loudest, a wide grin across his face.

"Why don't the British tell the truth? They should tell the public about the machine guns we had, or about the aircraft support we had, or the calvary charge, or how we drove a dozen Mark 1 Tanks down the road!" he laughs, as the men all cheer. "Fucking hell, why don't they say Brian Boru himself fought with us?!"

The men all laugh, yourself included, as Tom Barry holds up his hands for a brief moment of silence.

"Another round of drinks, on me! Dia Bheinn Éireann! God bless Ireland!"

Weeks Later...

You spend a few nights hiding out, before the group slowly returns to Cork. And as the weeks pass and go, however the aftermath of the Kilmichael shows the British won't take the defeat lightly especially with tensions so high in the aftermath of Bloody Sunday and with such an embarrassing defeat.

The British forces in the West Cork area took their revenge on the local population by burning several houses, shops and barns in Kilmichael, Johnstown and Inchageela, including all of the houses around the ambush site.

On the 3rd of December, three IRA volunteers were arrested by the British in Bandon, beaten and killed, and their bodies dumped on the roadside. With the war escalating, back in London, barricades blocked off the ends of Downing Street where the Prime Minister's office is located in fear of IRA attacks.

Then on December 10th a day before the Dillon's Cross Ambush martial law is declared for the counties of Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary. The British military now had the power to execute anyone found carrying arms and ammunition, to search houses, impose curfews, try suspects in military rather than civilian courts and to intern suspects without trial.

Before you know it, and in the face of this adversity the planned Dillon's Cross Ambush is underway...

You walk with Joseph and an IRA volunteer, who shares the lovely name Michael with you, down the busy streets of Cork by Dillon's Coss. Across from you, walking in the same direction, is commander Seán O'Donoghue, Seán O'Donoghue wears the uniform of an off-duty British officer. You try to avoid looking at him to avoid drawing attention to him and thus the many imperfections in his disguise that could get him caught and killed.

The plan is simple. Two lorries of Auxilaries should be coming down the road, transporting Captain James Kelly, your target. You're outnumbered and in a busy city center, so you're going to have to work hard to win, especially since you'll be trying to minimize civilian casualties, while the Auxilaries won't necessarily be trying to do the same. Plus, thanks to the fact you're in a city, you're not well armed, instead armed with revolvers hidden on your persons, as well as a grenade each, also hidden on your person.

Seán O'Donoghue stops, leaning against the wall of a pub and lighting a cigarette. You quickly move behind a waist-high stone wall with Joseph, finding another two soldiers low down against the wall there. You move next to them, crouching low so you're hidden from the street view. The last soldier in your six man crew stands next to you, leaning against the wall casually. As you can't see the road of Seán O'Donoghue, you're to wait for his signal. Sean O'Donoghue is to slow the head lorry down, and then you strike.

"They're coming," the man against the wall says, staring at the road.

"Hello there, officers!" you hear Sean O'Donoghue say.

"Let's do this," the man leaning against the wall, rising his pistol.

You rise up to see a pair of lorries slowing down in the street. Your comrades release a volley of grenades. Surprisingly, most miss, bouncing off harmlessly against the sides of the truck. One lucky throw lands in the second grenade, going off and immediately disabling the truck in a burst of smoke as men frantically get out of the vehicle.

1. Toss your grenade

2. Respond with gunfire from cover

3. Charge their position while they're disorientated

(Intriguing results here, you guys have very interesting views on the morality here and the next action to take. This is part of the reason why I love to do this. Anyway it appears Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes! And we will now be moving onto the Dillon's Cross Ambush as you guys voted to do both.)

You lower your rifle, frowning as you shake your head. Tom Barry strolls out in front of you, he sighs, shaking his head, as you spare the wounded man.

"We don't spare any desperate souls today, not after that fake surrender," he says.

Tom Barry raises his rifle, pulling the trigger. The gun clicks empty, as he raises his rifle, smashing the butt into the man's head. He quickly begins to smash the butt of the rifle into the man's head, as he begins to bash open the man's head, crushing his skull and spewing grey brain matter and chunks of skull onto the floor.

"War is hell, isn't it?" Tom Barry says darkly, looking up at you.

"Yes, it is," you nod.

"Come on then, let's finish up here and get out the hell away from this blasted town! I want the second truck destroyed and inoperable, and any wounded killed. Then, we get out of here!" Tom Barry orders with a yell.

Hours after the ambush, you've all retired to another village far away from Kilmichael, where your safe-houses lie. The local pub is as nationalist as it gets, and you've all retired there for a drink. You sit next to Joseph and a few other men, a pint in your hands. Tom Barry strolls into the center of the room, holding a sheet of paper in his hands.

"Ahem! Order, order!" Tom Barry yells. "It turns out I've made a grave mistake in counting our number. We can't have only lost three men for eighteen British officers. Not only did one of them survive, but it's worse. I have in my hands the British report, and we didn't fight with thirty six men."

The room falls silent, as everyone stares at Tom Barry, who grins.

"No, instead, the British report tells me that we fought with over a hundred IRA soldiers, all wearing steel trench helmets! One hundred fucking men!"

There's a chorus laughter, as it's clear the British are trying to save face after their horrific defeat. Tom Barry laughs the loudest, a wide grin across his face.

"Why don't the British tell the truth? They should tell the public about the machine guns we had, or about the aircraft support we had, or the calvary charge, or how we drove a dozen Mark 1 Tanks down the road!" he laughs, as the men all cheer. "Fucking hell, why don't they say Brian Boru himself fought with us?!"

The men all laugh, yourself included, as Tom Barry holds up his hands for a brief moment of silence.

"Another round of drinks, on me! Dia Bheinn Éireann! God bless Ireland!"

Weeks Later...

You spend a few nights hiding out, before the group slowly returns to Cork. And as the weeks pass and go, however the aftermath of the Kilmichael shows the British won't take the defeat lightly especially with tensions so high in the aftermath of Bloody Sunday and with such an embarrassing defeat.

The British forces in the West Cork area took their revenge on the local population by burning several houses, shops and barns in Kilmichael, Johnstown and Inchageela, including all of the houses around the ambush site.

On the 3rd of December, three IRA volunteers were arrested by the British in Bandon, beaten and killed, and their bodies dumped on the roadside. With the war escalating, back in London, barricades blocked off the ends of Downing Street where the Prime Minister's office is located in fear of IRA attacks.

Then on December 10th a day before the Dillon's Cross Ambush martial law is declared for the counties of Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary. The British military now had the power to execute anyone found carrying arms and ammunition, to search houses, impose curfews, try suspects in military rather than civilian courts and to intern suspects without trial.

Before you know it, and in the face of this adversity the planned Dillon's Cross Ambush is underway...

You walk with Joseph and an IRA volunteer, who shares the lovely name Michael with you, down the busy streets of Cork by Dillon's Coss. Across from you, walking in the same direction, is commander Seán O'Donoghue, Seán O'Donoghue wears the uniform of an off-duty British officer. You try to avoid looking at him to avoid drawing attention to him and thus the many imperfections in his disguise that could get him caught and killed.

The plan is simple. Two lorries of Auxilaries should be coming down the road, transporting Captain James Kelly, your target. You're outnumbered and in a busy city center, so you're going to have to work hard to win, especially since you'll be trying to minimize civilian casualties, while the Auxilaries won't necessarily be trying to do the same. Plus, thanks to the fact you're in a city, you're not well armed, instead armed with revolvers hidden on your persons, as well as a grenade each, also hidden on your person.

Seán O'Donoghue stops, leaning against the wall of a pub and lighting a cigarette. You quickly move behind a waist-high stone wall with Joseph, finding another two soldiers low down against the wall there. You move next to them, crouching low so you're hidden from the street view. The last soldier in your six man crew stands next to you, leaning against the wall casually. As you can't see the road of Seán O'Donoghue, you're to wait for his signal. Sean O'Donoghue is to slow the head lorry down, and then you strike.

You rise up to see a pair of lorries slowing down in the street. Your comrades release a volley of grenades. Surprisingly, most miss, bouncing off harmlessly against the sides of the truck. One lucky throw lands in the second grenade, going off and immediately disabling the truck in a burst of smoke as men frantically get out of the vehicle.

1. Toss your grenade

2. Respond with gunfire from cover

2. Fuck, I don't know! Just. . . shoot. SHOOT.

Option 3 doesn't sound too healthy to me, so no.
I'm usually all for holding off on using "one-time items", but I suppose right now may be the best time to use the grenade anyway since allies and opponents are still two distinct groups. Later things may get more chaotic and it may do more damage to us than them. Also, I guess there is always a chance we might get a second lucky throw. Since I assume we will start shooting eventually anyway, I'm voting for option 1.

It’s true that using a grenade will prevent us from using it later. Besides, we don’t want to kill our captain with a chaotic weapon like that, now, do we?

2!

I haven't been receiving any notifications so sorry for my prolonged absence. Just give me a tag and I should see it in the future.

I'm all caught up now and excited to see that someone new has joined us, welcome!

Now, on to the choices. I don't think 1 is viable as it has already been shown that grenades are inaccurate, and the fact that the British are already frantically evacuating the vehicle only means that a lucky throw will not result in any casualties anyways. 3 is also equally pointless to me, in the time that it would take for us to leave our cover and charge the enemy, they would have ample time to regroup, and then gun us down. We also have to keep in mind that there are two lorries, so we would be exposing ourselves to the second group of soldiers as well. That leaves only choice 2, where we maintain our advantageous position and kill as many soldiers as we can while they are disoriented.

(It's great to see you again! ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R we now have some good numbers back with 4 participants, it's fairly similar to our original group of folks. Anyway Option 2 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

You raise your pistol, opening fire as the other lorry successfully pulls up. Immediately, over a dozen Auxiliaries begin piling out of that lorry, joined by the least wounded from the other lorry. They quickly fall into formation, their more powerful rifles raising as they open fire at you.

Quickly, their high numbers and better weapons quickly overwhelms you. Their gunfire strikes down one of the men next to you. Another bullet slams into your chest, punching you backwards as you collapse to the ground. You lie on the ground, blood pouring down your chest as it fills your lungs. You cough and splutter as you writhe on the ground. It doesn't take long before the rest of your squad is dying alongside you, outnumbered and outgunned.

(Well, we've hit another precipice where we've met an unfortunate end. I will admit this one wasn't due to a bad dice roll like all the others, this round of choices had some bad choices that would realistically get you killed. Here think about it, you and your comrades are only armed with pistols, you knew there were going to be 2 trucks. The other was going to pull up, and this choice didn't account for the other truck coming. And since those auxiliaries in the lorries were bound to be armed with rifles it was definitely going to overwhelm you and the others especially considering you were also outnumbered. And now that we have a new member I have to go over this again. Felis Felis dying in these doesn't mean the story ends, because it wouldn't be fun if some stories ended here. On choices that are up to random dice rolls it will mean it will kill you again. Also if we can get a good amount of votes in today I will make the next post for today. Instead of waiting a while. Anyway time to get back to it!)

You rise up to see a pair of lorries slowing down in the street. Your comrades release a volley of grenades. Surprisingly, most miss, bouncing off harmlessly against the sides of the truck. One lucky throw lands in the second grenade, going off and immediately disabling the drunk in a burst of smoke as men frantically get out of the vehicle.

1. Toss your grenade

2. Respond with gunfire from cover (This option killed you last time)

(It's great to see you again! ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R we now have some good numbers back with 4 participants, it's fairly similar to our original group of folks. Anyway Option 2 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

You raise your pistol, opening fire as the other lorry successfully pulls up. Immediately, over a dozen Auxiliaries begin piling out of that lorry, joined by the least wounded from the other lorry. They quickly fall into formation, their more powerful rifles raising as they open fire at you.

Quickly, their high numbers and better weapons quickly overwhelms you. Their gunfire strikes down one of the men next to you. Another bullet slams into your chest, punching you backwards as you collapse to the ground. You lie on the ground, blood pouring down your chest as it fills your lungs. You cough and splutter as you writhe on the ground. It doesn't take long before the rest of your squad is dying alongside you, outnumbered and outgunned.

(Well, we've hit another precipice where we've met an unfortunate end. I will admit this one wasn't due to a bad dice roll like all the others, this round of choices had some bad choices that would realistically get you killed. Here think about it, you and your comrades are only armed with pistols, you knew there were going to be 2 trucks. The other was going to pull up, and this choice didn't account for the other truck coming. And since those auxiliaries in the lorries were bound to be armed with rifles it was definitely going to overwhelm you and the others especially considering you were also outnumbered. And now that we have a new member I have to go over this again. Felis Felis dying in these doesn't mean the story ends, because it wouldn't be fun if some stories ended here. On choices that are up to random dice rolls it will mean it will kill you again. Also if we can get a good amount of votes in today I will make the next post for today. Instead of waiting a while. Anyway time to get back to it!)

You rise up to see a pair of lorries slowing down in the street. Your comrades release a volley of grenades. Surprisingly, most miss, bouncing off harmlessly against the sides of the truck. One lucky throw lands in the second grenade, going off and immediately disabling the drunk in a burst of smoke as men frantically get out of the vehicle.

1. Toss your grenade

2. Respond with gunfire from cover (This option killed you last time)

1. Throw the grenade, it sure beats dying.

I feel like charging could be an intriguing option since our pistols should give us an advantage in cqf and we would be shielded from the second group by their own soldiers. I also have faith in our grenade skills though, so let's give that a shot first.

(Looks like we have an all for one unanimous vote with 4 votes for Option 1!)

You pull out your grenade, popping out the pin. You chuck the grenade through the air, as it lands with a clank inside the trunk. It goes off, showering the inside of the truck with shrapnel that tears through the canvas as the second truck is immobilized. The Auxiliaries are quickly left confused and disorientated, as you draw your revolver from your coat, raising it through the air and firing.

An incredibly wounded Auxiliary collapses out of the truck, heavily bleeding on the ground, as Sean O'Donoghue rushes for cover. The dying auxiliary lies still, but it seems all the others besides him seem only somewhat wounded. They draw their rifles, immediately returning fire as pot shots slam around you.

"Fuck, we're still outnumbered!" Joseph yells.

"We don't have a fucking chance!" another man yells.

You continue firing, as rifle fire continues and bullets fly past you. Your commander is separated from you and is on the other side of the road, meaning that it's as much up to you as anyone else here to command the group and keep things working.

1. Retreat and disperse

2. Hold your positions

We will probably all, if I must say, péter au frette, casser nos pipes, bref, crever comme des merdes.

That means that we will all freaking die. However, if we disperse, they will tear us down anyway. Probably even more easily since we will run around like idiots instead of staying under cover. Therefore, we shall hold our positions. 2.

However, if someone has a better plan, I’m listening.

Hmm, it kind of seems we're basically back to where we started over, except for that we disabled the second truck. And I have no idea what the better strategy is in this case.
But I feel like if we hold our positions, it really comes back down to the old option 2, which killed us before. So I want to go with option 1 and retreat. We are in a city, so there may be other cover we can use, and maybe we can get the Auxiliaries to disperse as well and have a chance of taking them on fewer at a time or something. Then again, I really don't know if that works, but oh well.

For me, retreating is a no go both tactically and strategically. By turning tail and running, all we will do is expose our backs to the enemy, while inhibiting our own ability to fire back. This means that while some of us will surely be able to shake off the British in the crowded city centre, we are increasing the overall risk to the unit in exchange for a slightly increased chance of survival for a few individuals. Strategically, this choice also signifies to our comrades and the enemy that we will retreat easily, creating uncertainty and upsetting morale. How can we expect our brothers in arms to have our backs when we have an history of turning our backs on them? We also need to keep in mind that the British have set a precedent for retaliating harshly, so if we fail, we can expect innocent civilians to be slaughtered for naught and for the surviving members of the unit to be hunt down ruthlessly. All in all, it is clear that the only viable choice is to stay and rally our troops. If we die, at least we die together and become martyrs.

(I'm pretty tired rn, so I feel like I kinda rambled on here haha. Hopefully my points were still conveyed.)

(Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

"Hold your positions! Don't fall back you yell!" as the IRA soldiers stand alongside you, opening fire on groups that are quickly overwhelming you.
You continue firing back, as they quickly begin overwhelming your group. They begin pulling the wounded back towards a nearby pub where they can take cover, but even with their numbers, they still outnumber you, and have far better weapons. Those that remain quickly fall into formation, their more powerful rifles raising as they open fire at you.

(Welp, this time due to a bad dice roll you guys died again unfortunately, so this battle is going to go in the historical direction. Since there were only 2 options the 1st one to move forward shall be chosen by default!)

"Let's get the fuck out of it," you say. "Come on!"

Providing cover fire with your revolver, you quickly begin falling back, rushing off into the streets. You hurry through the alleys, moving down through the side-streets as you quickly disperse. You already have a preplanned path out of here, and it doesn't take long before you manage to escape off, disappearing into the crowds.

You quickly head off, moving through the streets once you've escaped the early fighting. It's not long before you manage to regroup at your destination, a small apartment that's servicing as a nearby safe house, where Brendan's cousin has his family. Seán O'Donoghue. After you account for all your losses, you crowd around the downstairs lounge, as Seán O'Donoghue addresses you.

"Today was a failure, but we didn't lose a single man," Seán says. "We have opportunities to try again. If nothing else, we've made our presence known. Now, all of you, head home. The meeting for tomorrow is the same time as planned. Tiocfaidh ár lá." (Our day will come.)

You all nod, quickly making it off into the streets as the IRA plan disperses. You walk with Joseph back to Brendan's house, your hands in your pocket as the cold night settles in.

"What a disappointment. We didn't kill more than a single man, and we didn't even get our target."
"We didn't lose any lives either. Let's just thank God above for that and head home."

You walk along the road, before you hear distant, terrified singing. You pause, trying to focus on it as it's interrupted by aggressive shouting.

"What the hell is that?" you ask.

"It's coming from Dillon's Cross."

The two of you quickly move towards Dillon's cross. You walk down the streets, as the screaming gets louder.

"You will do as I command, or I will blow your fucking brains out onto the street!" a voice screams.

"God save our gracious Queen! Long live our noble Queen!" a half-sobbing voice screams.

"Louder!"

"God save the Queen! Send her victorious, happy and glorious...!"

You move along the streets, where you come across a brutal scene. Standing outside a bar in the busy street, dozens of men lie on the grounds, Auxiliaries strolling above them, aiming their rifles at the soldiers. Two Auxiliaries stand over a kneeling man, who is completely naked, his clothes sitting besides him. They press the rifle against his head, as a red-faced man barks and screams at him, as he forces the naked man to sing "God save the Queen", the British national anthem.

"Long to reign over us! God save the Queen!" the man is forced to sing.

It's clear he's been singing for quite some time at the top of his lungs. He's exhausted, with sweat dripping down his brown as he freezes in the cold.

"They're not even IRA. Those bastards just rounded up civilians to do this. It's humiliating."

"Let's get the hell out of here, we don't want to risk getting caught."

"Michael, we have to help them! We can't leave them," Joseph says.

1. Help the poor bastard

2. Leave him to suffer

We'd have to get a really good dice role for choice 1 to succeed when we are so outnumbered, so 2 is the way to go. (Unless 1 means create a diversion instead of confronting the auxiliaries directly. The Omen of Death The Omen of Death could you clarify?)

That is extremely reassuring. Well, not really. I mean, yes, it would be completely immoral to leave him at the Auxiliarie's mercy, but we are talking about Joseph's idea. Joseph. Our dear impulsive, angry, extremist brother. And we are only two.

So yeah, I'm in. 1!

(Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

"Hold your positions! Don't fall back you yell!" as the IRA soldiers stand alongside you, opening fire on groups that are quickly overwhelming you.
You continue firing back, as they quickly begin overwhelming your group. They begin pulling the wounded back towards a nearby pub where they can take cover, but even with their numbers, they still outnumber you, and have far better weapons. Those that remain quickly fall into formation, their more powerful rifles raising as they open fire at you.

(Welp, this time due to a bad dice roll you guys died again unfortunately, so this battle is going to go in the historical direction. Since there were only 2 options the 1st one to move forward shall be chosen by default!)

"Let's get the fuck out of it," you say. "Come on!"

Providing cover fire with your revolver, you quickly begin falling back, rushing off into the streets. You hurry through the alleys, moving down through the side-streets as you quickly disperse. You already have a preplanned path out of here, and it doesn't take long before you manage to escape off, disappearing into the crowds.

You quickly head off, moving through the streets once you've escaped the early fighting. It's not long before you manage to regroup at your destination, a small apartment that's servicing as a nearby safe house, where Brendan's cousin has his family. Seán O'Donoghue. After you account for all your losses, you crowd around the downstairs lounge, as Seán O'Donoghue addresses you.

"Today was a failure, but we didn't lose a single man," Seán says. "We have opportunities to try again. If nothing else, we've made our presence known. Now, all of you, head home. The meeting for tomorrow is the same time as planned. Tiocfaidh ár lá." (Our day will come.)

You all nod, quickly making it off into the streets as the IRA plan disperses. You walk with Joseph back to Brendan's house, your hands in your pocket as the cold night settles in.

"What a disappointment. We didn't kill more than a single man, and we didn't even get our target."
"We didn't lose any lives either. Let's just thank God above for that and head home."

You walk along the road, before you hear distant, terrified singing. You pause, trying to focus on it as it's interrupted by aggressive shouting.

"What the hell is that?" you ask.

"It's coming from Dillon's Cross."

The two of you quickly move towards Dillon's cross. You walk down the streets, as the screaming gets louder.

"You will do as I command, or I will blow your fucking brains out onto the street!" a voice screams.

"God save our gracious Queen! Long live our noble Queen!" a half-sobbing voice screams.

"Louder!"

"God save the Queen! Send her victorious, happy and glorious...!"

You move along the streets, where you come across a brutal scene. Standing outside a bar in the busy street, dozens of men lie on the grounds, Auxiliaries strolling above them, aiming their rifles at the soldiers. Two Auxiliaries stand over a kneeling man, who is completely naked, his clothes sitting besides him. They press the rifle against his head, as a red-faced man barks and screams at him, as he forces the naked man to sing "God save the Queen", the British national anthem.

"Long to reign over us! God save the Queen!" the man is forced to sing.

It's clear he's been singing for quite some time at the top of his lungs. He's exhausted, with sweat dripping down his brown as he freezes in the cold.

"They're not even IRA. Those bastards just rounded up civilians to do this. It's humiliating."

"Let's get the hell out of here, we don't want to risk getting caught."

"Michael, we have to help them! We can't leave them," Joseph says.

1. Help the poor bastard

2. Leave him to suffer

1. Fuck this, for most of the decisions I've made I've often chosen to sit on my thumbs. I've tried to keep us alive, even if it meant suffering one loss after another, because if we didn't stay alive to fight I thought it wouldn't have mattered. But now this is the time to take risks, even if the choices we make seem like madness at first sight. The auxiliaries are torturing a naked man, forcing him to sing the British national anthem or to die. It seems that they deem him an important target for their wrath. Why is that? Perhaps this man could be worth our time. Even if we do risk life and limb for his hide, we could hazard fate, and take control of this situation with guns blazing.

Besides, we have the element of surprise. And if we kill them quickly, mercifully even, this man'll be thankful to us. What better way to gain a man's friendship, possibly an important man's friendship, by helping him in his time of need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back