What's new

Realistic/Modern Saoirse (Irish Revolutionary Period Historical Questlog) *COMPLETED*

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
(Well I have to admit, I am both surprised and unsurprised by the voting results here. What actually baffled me was some of the reasoning, some of you ik consider things in a more pragmatic and logical way than making emotional decisions or what may be seen as more moral. But some of you seemed to flip completely, seeing how people would make decisions is very intriguing, and this is a case of that, but also to tell stories that people enjoy and can possibly think from or in lighter hearted ones have fun from. Now anyway Option 1 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

You nod, feeling rage boil up through you.

"We can't let this man die because of our actions! You're right!"

Joseph draws his pistol, nodding at you.

"We rush them, then get the wounded man out of there before he's executed. Then, we draw them off, letting the other men escape."
"On three," you whisper. "One, two..."

You quickly rush forward, opening fire with your revolver. One of the Auxiliaries' heads explodes as he collapses backwards with a burst of blood. The second one goes to raise, his rifle, before Joseph fires, shooting him in the chest and killing him instantly.

"Hey! You fucking traitors to the Crown! IRA!" one of the soldiers screams.

Quickly, half a dozen riflemen rush out of the bar, as you reach down, grabbing the man's arm.

"Joseph, help me! We need to get him out of here!" you yell.

Joseph leans down, grabbing the brutalized man as you yank him to your feet. You manage to get him to your feet, before the rifles went off. You feel like you're punched in the chest, as you're knocked to the ground, bringing down the injured man and Joseph with you. You collapse to the ground, as pain begins to shoot through your body as you let out a desperate gasp for help. Another volley of shots goes off, and your pain ends.

(Well, the expected result came out of this, and you've died again. I have to admit this roll was stacked against you and you got a bad roll but got close enough that comparatively something good came out of it? If you consider two dead Auxiliaries a good thing? So considering that, and the fact there were only two choices as usual Option 2 is now chosen by default!)

You shake your head.

"No, Joseph. We can't. They hopefully won't kill him. If we get involved, they definitely will, along with us as well. Let's get out of here before we draw suspicion."

You turn, moving away from them.

"We're done here. Let's go head home."

It's a long walk home through the darkness, as you're just left feeling worse about the night. You reach Brendan's house, pushing open the door and heading into the small bedroom that is your own. Hopefully, you can just get some sleep.

...

A hand roughly grabs you, wrapping around your arm as you're shoved against the bed. You immediately look up, seeing a dark figure standing over you as their hands reach towards you. Even in your groggy haze, your instincts kick in and you lean over, grabbing the knife hidden in the holster to the side of your bed, drawing the blade as you slice it through the air. You slash the knife as the hidden figure desperately jumps backwards in a blind terror to avoid getting stabbed.

"For fuck's sake, Michael, calm the fuck down, would you?" Brendan yells at you.

"Shit!" you mumble, dropping the knife as it clatters to the ground. "Sorry, I was asleep and my training kicked in. Are you ok? What's going on?"

"Shit is going wrong fast, Michael! Black and Tans are all over the place, charging into the city!"

"What?" you ask, confused. "Have they come to arrest us?"

"No, they've just driven in to the city center in order to cause chaos. They've started detaining civilians, and then they've just started fires everywhere. They're chucking bombs about the place to terrify people, and they're raiding and looting everything they can! It's fucking madness!"

You nod, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"Ok, are they nearby yet?" you ask.

"They're nearing quickly," Brendan says.

"Well then, you need to deal with this and get out of here, ok? You need to go grab your mother, get your ma out of here, and go grab your brother and take him out of here too. They don't need to be a part of this."

"I'm an IRA soldier!" Brendan says meekly. "I should take part in trying to stop them."

"Too fucking bad!" you say. "You have a family to take care of here. God knows I wouldn't be trying to serve if I thought Ma or Mary were in danger, or even Joseph, the stupid fool. Where is he, anyway?"

"He's still in bed, " Brendan tells you as you quickly push past him and towards Joseph's room.

"I can help with the fighting!" Brendan says.

"Fighting? We're guerilla fighters. We don't attack the fucking British forces when they're at their most pissed. It'd be like punching a soldier in the bayonet. I'm just going to see what's happening here and see if I can help the fire brigade."

You shove open the the door, to where Joseph sleeps in his bed.

"Joseph, we need to get up, you understand?" you say, giving him a slow shake.

"What?" Joseph mumbles from the sheets.

"Get up, Joseph!"

"Ugh, you're worse than Ma," Joseph groans. "Just tell me what you want."

1. Explain the situation to Joseph

2. Thump Joseph

3. Drag him out of bed
 
I kind of just want to drag our brother out of bed, but if that (or thumping him, for that matter) causes an argument, it won't help much, I guess. I also kind of want to tell him what's going on, but then he may insist on something that gets us killed yet again. Can't we just tell him there's a fire or something?
Well, since hearing the news probably gets him fully awake faster than anything else, I'll just vote option 1 anyway.
 

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
(Sorry for the delay, my 19th birthday just passed, so I was spending time with family and friends, anywho Option 1 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

"The city's up in flames, Joseph! The Black and Tans are trying to take over the whole place!"

"What are you on about?" Joseph says, tossing the pillow against the wall and rising. That's bullshit Michael. They...!"

"Fucking get up and check with me, then! We need to go find out what's happening, don't we?" you say.

Joseph nods, pulling himself up to a sitting position as he looks at you. He stares at you for a moment, before you raise an eyebrow.

"Come on then," you say.

"I sleep naked," Joseph says, semi embarrassed.

"God above," you groan. "I need to go get dressed. Hurry up, would you?"

You hurry off to your room, quickly pulling on trousers, a shirt, and a jumper and forcing on your boots. You hurry to slip on your cap, moving out to the hallway. Joseph hops out of his room on one leg, struggling to slip on your boots, as you grab your coat, pulling it on.

"Let's go, then," you say, as Joseph nods, scratching his thick beard.

"Aye, let's see what's happening."

"Wait!" Brendan says, rushing out of the kitchen carrying a pair of revolvers. "You'll need these."

"We don't need weapons, Brendan. We won't be fighting," you say.

"We'll need them for protection. If the Black and Tans are on a rampage, it's better to be safe than sorry."

Joseph reaches out to grab his revolver, before you grab his arm, stopping him.

"Aye. I agree. And I agree that it's also better to be safe than sorry should we be stopped and searched, as they're doing to every man, it seems. They find these on us, they'll shoot us and toss us in the River Lee."

"And if we don't have them, they might shoot us for being Irish and we'll be left with no way to stop them," Joseph says.

1. Take the revolvers

2. Leave the revolvers
 
(A late happy birthday from me, then, @The Omen of Death! :D)

Well, both Michael and Joseph have a point here, but I'll vote 2, leave the revolvers.
While I wouldn't mind being able to fight back, I have a feeling the Blacks and Tans are better-equipped compared to us, and such situations didn't work out too well the last few times. Also, they don't seem to single out people and shoot them at the moment, since they appear to be busy causing general destruction (bad enough). So if we want to help people get out or put out fires, it's best we have a chance to not get ourselves shot for carrying arms. Maybe.
 

ViciousVip3R

Merchant of Death, Quest Log Fanatic
(Happy birthday Omen!)

Pretty busy with work, but I'll do my best to stick with you guys. The black and tans are literally here to wreck havoc, so I don't think they need an excuse to shoot us. (It's also martial law, so they can basically do whatever they want.) It's better to carry revolvers so we can exercise the option to use them later. If we see soldiers searching civilians and decide to let them search us, we can always just ditch the guns.

1.
 

Pryno

Probably a Malkavian
Happy birthday! Funny, we only have a few months of difference. In that case, happy return to school!

Let’s be sneaky and not bring guns. The time is not for fighting, it’s for laying low and saving a maximum of civilians from this hell. We want to save the skin of a maximum of people, us included. 2.
 

Heisenberg

The One who Knocks
(Well I have to admit, I am both surprised and unsurprised by the voting results here. What actually baffled me was some of the reasoning, some of you ik consider things in a more pragmatic and logical way than making emotional decisions or what may be seen as more moral. But some of you seemed to flip completely, seeing how people would make decisions is very intriguing, and this is a case of that, but also to tell stories that people enjoy and can possibly think from or in lighter hearted ones have fun from. Now anyway Option 1 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

You nod, feeling rage boil up through you.

"We can't let this man die because of our actions! You're right!"

Joseph draws his pistol, nodding at you.

"We rush them, then get the wounded man out of there before he's executed. Then, we draw them off, letting the other men escape."
"On three," you whisper. "One, two..."

You quickly rush forward, opening fire with your revolver. One of the Auxiliaries' heads explodes as he collapses backwards with a burst of blood. The second one goes to raise, his rifle, before Joseph fires, shooting him in the chest and killing him instantly.

"Hey! You fucking traitors to the Crown! IRA!" one of the soldiers screams.

Quickly, half a dozen riflemen rush out of the bar, as you reach down, grabbing the man's arm.

"Joseph, help me! We need to get him out of here!" you yell.

Joseph leans down, grabbing the brutalized man as you yank him to your feet. You manage to get him to your feet, before the rifles went off. You feel like you're punched in the chest, as you're knocked to the ground, bringing down the injured man and Joseph with you. You collapse to the ground, as pain begins to shoot through your body as you let out a desperate gasp for help. Another volley of shots goes off, and your pain ends.

(Well, the expected result came out of this, and you've died again. I have to admit this roll was stacked against you and you got a bad roll but got close enough that comparatively something good came out of it? If you consider two dead Auxiliaries a good thing? So considering that, and the fact there were only two choices as usual Option 2 is now chosen by default!)

You shake your head.

"No, Joseph. We can't. They hopefully won't kill him. If we get involved, they definitely will, along with us as well. Let's get out of here before we draw suspicion."

You turn, moving away from them.

"We're done here. Let's go head home."

It's a long walk home through the darkness, as you're just left feeling worse about the night. You reach Brendan's house, pushing open the door and heading into the small bedroom that is your own. Hopefully, you can just get some sleep.

...

A hand roughly grabs you, wrapping around your arm as you're shoved against the bed. You immediately look up, seeing a dark figure standing over you as their hands reach towards you. Even in your groggy haze, your instincts kick in and you lean over, grabbing the knife hidden in the holster to the side of your bed, drawing the blade as you slice it through the air. You slash the knife as the hidden figure desperately jumps backwards in a blind terror to avoid getting stabbed.

"For fuck's sake, Michael, calm the fuck down, would you?" Brendan yells at you.

"Shit!" you mumble, dropping the knife as it clatters to the ground. "Sorry, I was asleep and my training kicked in. Are you ok? What's going on?"

"Shit is going wrong fast, Michael! Black and Tans are all over the place, charging into the city!"

"What?" you ask, confused. "Have they come to arrest us?"

"No, they've just driven in to the city center in order to cause chaos. They've started detaining civilians, and then they've just started fires everywhere. They're chucking bombs about the place to terrify people, and they're raiding and looting everything they can! It's fucking madness!"

You nod, rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"Ok, are they nearby yet?" you ask.

"They're nearing quickly," Brendan says.

"Well then, you need to deal with this and get out of here, ok? You need to go grab your mother, get your ma out of here, and go grab your brother and take him out of here too. They don't need to be a part of this."

"I'm an IRA soldier!" Brendan says meekly. "I should take part in trying to stop them."

"Too fucking bad!" you say. "You have a family to take care of here. God knows I wouldn't be trying to serve if I thought Ma or Mary were in danger, or even Joseph, the stupid fool. Where is he, anyway?"

"He's still in bed, " Brendan tells you as you quickly push past him and towards Joseph's room.

"I can help with the fighting!" Brendan says.

"Fighting? We're guerilla fighters. We don't attack the fucking British forces when they're at their most pissed. It'd be like punching a soldier in the bayonet. I'm just going to see what's happening here and see if I can help the fire brigade."

You shove open the the door, to where Joseph sleeps in his bed.

"Joseph, we need to get up, you understand?" you say, giving him a slow shake.

"What?" Joseph mumbles from the sheets.

"Get up, Joseph!"

"Ugh, you're worse than Ma," Joseph groans. "Just tell me what you want."

1. Explain the situation to Joseph

2. Thump Joseph

3. Drag him out of bed
2. A hammerfist to the face will surely wake the daylights out of him. The situation is dire. People are going to die. And by Lord Almighty above, the Blacks and Tans will shoot you, fuck you, then set your house on fire. Words won't get to your little brother's head fast enough. Sometimes, when the going gets tough you gotta show your bro some tough love. . . to the face!

(Sorry for the delay, my 19th birthday just passed, so I was spending time with family and friends, anywho Option 1 has been chosen with 3 votes!)

"The city's up in flames, Joseph! The Black and Tans are trying to take over the whole place!"

"What are you on about?" Joseph says, tossing the pillow against the wall and rising. That's bullshit Michael. They...!"

"Fucking get up and check with me, then! We need to go find out what's happening, don't we?" you say.

Joseph nods, pulling himself up to a sitting position as he looks at you. He stares at you for a moment, before you raise an eyebrow.

"Come on then," you say.

"I sleep naked," Joseph says, semi embarrassed.

"God above," you groan. "I need to go get dressed. Hurry up, would you?"

You hurry off to your room, quickly pulling on trousers, a shirt, and a jumper and forcing on your boots. You hurry to slip on your cap, moving out to the hallway. Joseph hops out of his room on one leg, struggling to slip on your boots, as you grab your coat, pulling it on.

"Let's go, then," you say, as Joseph nods, scratching his thick beard.

"Aye, let's see what's happening."

"Wait!" Brendan says, rushing out of the kitchen carrying a pair of revolvers. "You'll need these."

"We don't need weapons, Brendan. We won't be fighting," you say.

"We'll need them for protection. If the Black and Tans are on a rampage, it's better to be safe than sorry."

Joseph reaches out to grab his revolver, before you grab his arm, stopping him.

"Aye. I agree. And I agree that it's also better to be safe than sorry should we be stopped and searched, as they're doing to every man, it seems. They find these on us, they'll shoot us and toss us in the River Lee."

"And if we don't have them, they might shoot us for being Irish and we'll be left with no way to stop them," Joseph says.

1. Take the revolvers

2. Leave the revolvers
1. Take the revolvers. And take control of your DESTINY one bullet at a time.

Yikes, I've been meaning to vote before, but the connection got cut off. I should have picked have picked the #2 option which called for punching Joseph in the face.
 

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
(So looks like the group is split and a tie breaker is needed. So while it's just about impossible to stop every single Black and Tan from doing more damage, you guys could possibly distract them from their destruction of the city by giving them someone to shoot at, by taking a pistol and doing something. But it's up to you guys what to do with the pistol so Option 1 has been chosen by Tiebreaker!)

"Fine, then. Cheers, Brendan," you say, taking a heavy revolver in your hand.

You check to see if it's loaded, before nodding.
"Perfect, let's do it," Joseph says, stuffing his revolver in his coat pocket. "Do you have a gun for yourself, Brendan?"

"I do," Brendan nods.

"Then get your family out of here. Last thing they need is some bastard Brit getting their hands on them."

You move forward, shoving your way out of the door and into Cork City. Immediately, you notice the smoke, as it wafts up into the air, filling the sky with an almost liquid darkness that pours over the city. You can hear the screams and cries in the distance, as well as gunshots. You quickly hurry down the streets towards them, as the air gets hot and fills with ash. Soon, you're confronted by a row of buildings, all either going up in flames or fully ablaze. You watch as people desperately try to escape the buildings, hurrying to escape as smoke fills their lungs and burns lick their flesh.

Meanwhile, standing right next to them, seemingly uncaring to their pains and struggles, are a group of Black and Tans. Some wear their uniform, others don't, but they have balaclavas pulled up their face, covering their mouths to obscure their face and stop them from breathing in smoke. They laugh, splashing petrol into the burning buildings, helping the fire spread, although due to the old wooden frameworks of the buildings, they're already burning at an incredibly rate.

You look around, wondering how to deal with this. You could confront the bastards doing this, or just keep a low profile and try help the people.

1. Try stop the arsonists

2. Help those fleeing the flames
 

ViciousVip3R

Merchant of Death, Quest Log Fanatic
The fires have already been started, so confronting those bastards will do nothing to help our people. It's better to help those fleeing the flames.

2.
 

Heisenberg

The One who Knocks
(So looks like the group is split and a tie breaker is needed. So while it's just about impossible to stop every single Black and Tan from doing more damage, you guys could possibly distract them from their destruction of the city by giving them someone to shoot at, by taking a pistol and doing something. But it's up to you guys what to do with the pistol so Option 1 has been chosen by Tiebreaker!)

"Fine, then. Cheers, Brendan," you say, taking a heavy revolver in your hand.

You check to see if it's loaded, before nodding.
"Perfect, let's do it," Joseph says, stuffing his revolver in his coat pocket. "Do you have a gun for yourself, Brendan?"

"I do," Brendan nods.

"Then get your family out of here. Last thing they need is some bastard Brit getting their hands on them."

You move forward, shoving your way out of the door and into Cork City. Immediately, you notice the smoke, as it wafts up into the air, filling the sky with an almost liquid darkness that pours over the city. You can hear the screams and cries in the distance, as well as gunshots. You quickly hurry down the streets towards them, as the air gets hot and fills with ash. Soon, you're confronted by a row of buildings, all either going up in flames or fully ablaze. You watch as people desperately try to escape the buildings, hurrying to escape as smoke fills their lungs and burns lick their flesh.

Meanwhile, standing right next to them, seemingly uncaring to their pains and struggles, are a group of Black and Tans. Some wear their uniform, others don't, but they have balaclavas pulled up their face, covering their mouths to obscure their face and stop them from breathing in smoke. They laugh, splashing petrol into the burning buildings, helping the fire spread, although due to the old wooden frameworks of the buildings, they're already burning at an incredibly rate.

You look around, wondering how to deal with this. You could confront the bastards doing this, or just keep a low profile and try help the people.

1. Try stop the arsonists

2. Help those fleeing the flames
1. My my, what a perfect opportunity to put a bullet in their backs. I know, I know, they're having so much fun burning down the neighborhood. But why can't we give them a little pat in the back with some .45s? A couple of bullets should do the trick. Shoot. Shoot. Run like hell. Pay tit for tat. They like causing so much damage to the Irish people? Why we ought to dish out some damage of our own. You can stick and help the people if you want, but bear in mind you could easily get gunned down by a Black and Tan just because he feels like it. You already have a gun of your own, use it to your best possible advantage.

The people can take care of themselves, they're tough Irish folks. A blazing fire won't sap their will to live, they will fight to survive. But you have to fight for them, with your weapon, shoot those sons of bitches down before they cause even more damage to the area, those Blacks and Tans. As long as they draw breath in this land, they'll use all the strength they have, all the willpower in their bones to destroy Ireland. That is unacceptable. Kill them before they cause more trouble.
 

Pryno

Probably a Malkavian
There is indeed a dire need to rescue the people. Furthermore, even if we kill the Black and Tans, it will not cause the fire to stop spreading. However, it is spreading even faster because of them.

You are correct, Heisenberg, when you say that they could shoot us in the back if we try to rescue the citizens. We would be pretty vulnerable at this moment, but they have plenty of other vulnerable targets so it is not a garantee. They would also surely shoot as us if we attack them, but we will be prepared and ready to take cover. Im brief, the risks are pretty much equivalent.

Which leads us to the tranching factor: time. How many people can we save in five minutes, with Joseph? Not many. A rescue is not as simple as simply getting them out. We have to enter a house in flames, find them despite the smoke and carry them, considering that they are almost the same weight than us. Try to carry someone from their bedroom (in which they could be, since it was already night when the Black and Tans attacked) to the outside. How much time would it take you? We are more used to ranged weapons than to melee. Our arm muscles are not that developped.

Now, how many Black and Tans can we kill in five minutes? Probably this whole group. Besides, the screaming of the burned and the noise of flames crashing could cover the sound of our gun, if we are lucky.

But why choose at all? There is a way to save the citizens way faster: the citizens themselves. More accuratly, those that are already out of their house. Gather them. Give them hope. Make them rescue those that are already trapped. There are more citizens than IRA members here, and both have pretty much the same experience in getting people out of houses in flames, which is not much. We have the discipline, but they have the will to survive and a pretty good motive to oppose the Black and Tans, since they are all in the same boat. Those that they could rescue are not strangers that are beaten up in the streets: these are their neighbors, maybe even their friends or their family. They will want to save them if we give them a push. If the IRA gives them a plan, something to do that is logical in this mess, they will follow.

My vote is the following: mobilize the safe citizens to encourage them to rescue those that need help (which is pretty much 2, but less time-consuming) and then, as soon as we can, shoot the Black and Tans bastards.

@ViciousVip3R @Felis @Heisenberg, are you with me?
 
That's a sound argument in my opinion, @Pryno, and your idea sounds good, too. I'd like to support that vote.
I'm all for options where we have a chance to get people out of the burning houses and stop the ones spreading the fires.
 

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
(Sorry for the delay, was seriously hoping for some discussion since it seemed like one was going to pop up, remember you can discuss this and talk, you don't have to wait for me to tally the votes and then move on! But alas, Option 2 has been chosen by 3 votes!)

You rush over to the fires, grabbing a stumbling man and helping him stay to his feet. An ash-covered hand pats you on the back as you grab another, helping him move out from the fires. You move to the edge of the flames, grabbing a badly burned man who had fallen among the ashes. You grab one arm as Joseph grabs the other, yanking him from the ash. You scramble to help the last few people escape the burning buildings, as they're quickly engulfed in flames. Once you've helped all you can out from it, you turn, to where the Black and Tans have finished their work burning down these houses, ruining people's lives, destroying their homes. They turn to you, one of them spitting as he gestures for you to leave.

"Get the fuck out of here, paddy," one of them threatens.

You stare at the Black and Tans, feeling your revolver grow heavy in your pocket, before another group of Black and Tans walking down the street arrive, carrying rifles as they stroll towards you. You sigh, turning around and moving away from the scene.

You move along the streets, quickly moving through the streets as you wonder what's going on. Dozens of buildings are up in flames, as various RIC and Black and Tans are looting and committing mass arson. Huge sections of the city are up in flames, as homes are destroyed.

It's not long before you reach the fire brigade, at the center of the city outside the burning Cork City Hall and Carnegie Library. Surprisingly, however, they're not attempting to put out the fire. Instead, they're crouching low behind a fire truck.

"What the fuck is this?" you ask, rushing over to the fire fighters.

A bullet pings near you, bouncing off the ground, as you scamper to hide behind the truck. You turn, looking at them, rushing near an ash-covered man with a thick mustache. He looks at you, scampering over.

"You need to get out of here! This whole place is dangerous!" he barks.

"What the fuck's going on? Why are you pinned down here?"

"Black and Tans took over the city hall and are burning it down from the inside. However, they've slashed our hoses so we can't use them, and left a few men by the city hall window to take potshots at us in case we keep trying to put out the fires."

"The Black and Tans are sabotaging firefighting attempts? Those fucking bastards," Joseph says. "This is why we need to fight, Michael."

"Fight?" the firefighter says, scowling. "Look around you. The second largest city in the country is being burned to the fucking ground because of this war. We were content before 1916. We had peace. Death, and this is all you bastards brought us!"

"We're trying to help!" you say. "We...!"

"Can it. I'm in no mood to argue politics. I'm trying to save as much as this city as I can."
You step back, still crouched behind the fire truck with Joseph.

"We need to help some way, don't we?" Joseph says.

"What can we even do?" you ask.

1. Create a distraction to try lure away the Black and Tans

2. Just watch the flames consume the city center
 

Heisenberg

The One who Knocks
There is indeed a dire need to rescue the people. Furthermore, even if we kill the Black and Tans, it will not cause the fire to stop spreading. However, it is spreading even faster because of them.

You are correct, Heisenberg, when you say that they could shoot us in the back if we try to rescue the citizens. We would be pretty vulnerable at this moment, but they have plenty of other vulnerable targets so it is not a garantee. They would also surely shoot as us if we attack them, but we will be prepared and ready to take cover. Im brief, the risks are pretty much equivalent.

Which leads us to the tranching factor: time. How many people can we save in five minutes, with Joseph? Not many. A rescue is not as simple as simply getting them out. We have to enter a house in flames, find them despite the smoke and carry them, considering that they are almost the same weight than us. Try to carry someone from their bedroom (in which they could be, since it was already night when the Black and Tans attacked) to the outside. How much time would it take you? We are more used to ranged weapons than to melee. Our arm muscles are not that developped.

Now, how many Black and Tans can we kill in five minutes? Probably this whole group. Besides, the screaming of the burned and the noise of flames crashing could cover the sound of our gun, if we are lucky.

But why choose at all? There is a way to save the citizens way faster: the citizens themselves. More accuratly, those that are already out of their house. Gather them. Give them hope. Make them rescue those that are already trapped. There are more citizens than IRA members here, and both have pretty much the same experience in getting people out of houses in flames, which is not much. We have the discipline, but they have the will to survive and a pretty good motive to oppose the Black and Tans, since they are all in the same boat. Those that they could rescue are not strangers that are beaten up in the streets: these are their neighbors, maybe even their friends or their family. They will want to save them if we give them a push. If the IRA gives them a plan, something to do that is logical in this mess, they will follow.

My vote is the following: mobilize the safe citizens to encourage them to rescue those that need help (which is pretty much 2, but less time-consuming) and then, as soon as we can, shoot the Black and Tans bastards.

@ViciousVip3R @Felis @Heisenberg, are you with me?
1. Fuck this, let's roll.
 

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
(Sorry for the delay everyone, but Option 1 has been unanimously been chosen with 4 votes!)

"Fuck it," you say. "We have the guns. Let's give those Black and Tans something to shoot at."

"Yeah, alright," Joseph nods. "On three?"

"Three, two..."

You step out from behind the fire engine. A bullet thuds into the ground next to you, skipping off the street. The two of you raise your guns in unison, opening fire on the building. Bullets thud around the window as the soldiers firing from inside duck down.

"IRA! IRA soldiers are attacking! Two in sight!" you hear.

"Ok, let's go," you say, hurrying down the road.

You fumble to reload your revolver, rushing down the road. You twist around, aiming at the window and opening fire. The soldiers begin bursting out of the now flaming city hall, rushing after you as you turn, rushing down the street.

You burst down the street, hurrying around the corner as you rush as quickly as you can. Your boots thud along the pavement as you rush as quickly as you can, occasionally turning around to fire back at the men who are sprinting after you,

"Michael, we need to get out of here! What's the plan?"

"Stop shooting and run faster! Maybe we can lose them!" you say.

You continue to rush down the street, as the gunfire intensifies.

"They're shooting at us! Plan?!" Joseph yells.

"I'm thinking!" you between breaths as you keep sprinting away.

"I don't see them, what's the plan?" Joseph asks, breathing heavily as he sprints.

"Ok, fine. I have an idea."

1. Hide

2. Keep running

3. Stand and fight
 
We can't keep running forever as we'll eventually run out of breath, so the sooner we find someplace to hide, the better, right? I'll vote for option 1.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top