• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Saoirse (Irish Revolutionary Period Historical Questlog) *COMPLETED*

(Looks like we have another tie, and another tiebreaker is needed. At this point you've made yourself and Joseph known to them, and not making him pay for that is not gonna accomplish what was needed to be done. Besides Joseph would probably pull the trigger if you guys don't. And Pryno Pryno I am definitely gonna add that detail. Definitely works well therefore Option 1 has been chosen by tiebreaker!)

You fumble to pull your revolver out of your pocket, feeling its heavy weight in your hand. You raise your gun, pointing it at the man's dick, as his eyes widen in shock and terror. You take a deep breath as you stare down the iron sights, aiming right for the baby maker of the little fucker.

"Téigh cac a ithe, éigneoir," (Go eat shit, rapist.) you say.

You press your finger against the trigger, squeezing it tightly as the gun recoils back in your hands. In front of you, Carter recoils in pain and agony, grabbing at the bloody remains of his dick, bleeding profusely.

You let the suffering continue for a bit longer before you finally send him off with a bullet to his skull, the man's neck snaps backwards as the black of his skull explodes, spraying brain and blood against the wall. Carter's now limp body crumples to the ground in front of you, as you release your breath. You look at the other Black and Tans, who all sit there in shock. There's a brief pause as silence fills the bar, as it takes a moment for everyone to comprehend what you've just done.

1. Kill the other Black and Tans

2. Get out of there

Well, that was epic. And gore. But epic.

We should probably get away before everyone gets out of their torpor. I’m outta here!

(Looks like we have another tie, and another tiebreaker is needed. At this point you've made yourself and Joseph known to them, and not making him pay for that is not gonna accomplish what was needed to be done. Besides Joseph would probably pull the trigger if you guys don't. And Pryno Pryno I am definitely gonna add that detail. Definitely works well therefore Option 1 has been chosen by tiebreaker!)

You fumble to pull your revolver out of your pocket, feeling its heavy weight in your hand. You raise your gun, pointing it at the man's dick, as his eyes widen in shock and terror. You take a deep breath as you stare down the iron sights, aiming right for the baby maker of the little fucker.

"Téigh cac a ithe, éigneoir," (Go eat shit, rapist.) you say.

You press your finger against the trigger, squeezing it tightly as the gun recoils back in your hands. In front of you, Carter recoils in pain and agony, grabbing at the bloody remains of his dick, bleeding profusely.

You let the suffering continue for a bit longer before you finally send him off with a bullet to his skull, the man's neck snaps backwards as the black of his skull explodes, spraying brain and blood against the wall. Carter's now limp body crumples to the ground in front of you, as you release your breath. You look at the other Black and Tans, who all sit there in shock. There's a brief pause as silence fills the bar, as it takes a moment for everyone to comprehend what you've just done.

1. Kill the other Black and Tans

2. Get out of there

2. RUN! DON'T THINK. RUN!

Sorry, I'm late for being late for the party.

(Hi guys, I am truly sorry yet again for the long delay. Life has been hell for me these past few days and weeks. Gonna try to keep up with the posts. Anyway Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You quickly turn, racing to exit the room as you grab Joseph, yanking him out with you. The Black and Tans quickly reach for their guns, raising them quickly and aiming as you hurry for the door. You run to shoulder the door open, but the gunfire goes off. Bullets slam into you, knocking you through the door as you stumble forward, before crumpling into the street, blood pooling around you. Joseph only manages to make it a few steps forward before the bullet to the chest causes him to collapse.

The two of you quickly bleed out in the street, as your assassination attempt comes to an end.

(Looks like you guys got a bad dice roll there and got killed, you guys should know the drill by now. So Option 1 has been chosen by default!)

You aim your revolver, firing again as the next Black and Tan collapses backwards as you fire two rounds into his chest, killing him instantly. Joseph fire, killing another, before a swinging fist knocks your revolver out of your hands, where it clatters along the ground. The Black and Tan quickly looks at you with a snarl, before looking over at his rifle.

You're outnumbered and outgunned here, so it's best to do what you want to do as quickly as you can. Otherwise, this is going to get bloody quickly, and not in the way you're trying to get.

1. Go for the revolver

2. Take it to fists

(Hi guys, I am truly sorry yet again for the long delay. Life has been hell for me these past few days and weeks. Gonna try to keep up with the posts. Anyway Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You quickly turn, racing to exit the room as you grab Joseph, yanking him out with you. The Black and Tans quickly reach for their guns, raising them quickly and aiming as you hurry for the door. You run to shoulder the door open, but the gunfire goes off. Bullets slam into you, knocking you through the door as you stumble forward, before crumpling into the street, blood pooling around you. Joseph only manages to make it a few steps forward before the bullet to the chest causes him to collapse.

The two of you quickly bleed out in the street, as your assassination attempt comes to an end.

(Looks like you guys got a bad dice roll there and got killed, you guys should know the drill by now. So Option 1 has been chosen by default!)

You aim your revolver, firing again as the next Black and Tan collapses backwards as you fire two rounds into his chest, killing him instantly. Joseph fire, killing another, before a swinging fist knocks your revolver out of your hands, where it clatters along the ground. The Black and Tan quickly looks at you with a snarl, before looking over at his rifle.

You're outnumbered and outgunned here, so it's best to do what you want to do as quickly as you can. Otherwise, this is going to get bloody quickly, and not in the way you're trying to get.

1. Go for the revolver

2. Take it to fists

1. REVOLVER. NOW.

First rule of survival: never use a melee fight style in a gun fight. 1!

Edit: Heisenberg, are you ok? XD

(Lol this is actually giving me a bit of a laugh I wasn't expecting this intensity from you guys, although it's only you two now, it's a shame things fell apart here. I am still hoping I get time for the next idea I have that I have said I constantly want to do. I will probably invite the old gang over to that once an interest check is made see if we can make it like what was done before, otherwise this quest is still going to continue as usual. Anyway Option 1 was chosen with 2 votes!)

You leap down onto the floor, quickly scrambling for your revolver, you grab it, quickly pointing and firing at the men reaching for their guns. You hit one of them in the back as he crumples to the ground. You fire again, blowing out the side of the skull of the second. The third man lets out a terrified shout, turning to stare at you as you aim right between his eyes to blow his face apart. You stand slowly, grinning.

You pull the trigger, as a hollow click runs through the gun.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," you say, as you realize you're screwed as the exact same moment that he realizes what's going on.

1. Throw the gun

2. Charge him

3. Reload

We should keep the gun, even though it is empty. Even if we throw it at his face, there would be a risk that someone else catches it. Reloading would take too much time. So 2!

(Lol this is actually giving me a bit of a laugh I wasn't expecting this intensity from you guys, although it's only you two now, it's a shame things fell apart here. I am still hoping I get time for the next idea I have that I have said I constantly want to do. I will probably invite the old gang over to that once an interest check is made see if we can make it like what was done before, otherwise this quest is still going to continue as usual. Anyway Option 1 was chosen with 2 votes!)

You leap down onto the floor, quickly scrambling for your revolver, you grab it, quickly pointing and firing at the men reaching for their guns. You hit one of them in the back as he crumples to the ground. You fire again, blowing out the side of the skull of the second. The third man lets out a terrified shout, turning to stare at you as you aim right between his eyes to blow his face apart. You stand slowly, grinning.

You pull the trigger, as a hollow click runs through the gun.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," you say, as you realize you're screwed as the exact same moment that he realizes what's going on.

1. Throw the gun

2. Charge him

3. Reload

2. HIT HIM HARD AND FAST, TAKE HIS GUN, AND KILL THEM ALL WITH HIS GUN!

Welp, in the meantime, focus on this. Tag us every once in a while.

(Alright Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You charge forward, bashing into him as you knock him against the wall, before you toss him onto the table. You raise your gun, before you begin to pistol-whip the man as you smash the heavy iron gun into his face as you smash his head against the table, bashing teeth and blood across the table. You repeatedly smash the gun against him until his face is nearly caved in, before you pause, looking over to Joseph. The last Black and Tan still standing pins Joseph to the ground, keeping his arms pressed against the ground with his knees as he begins to punch him.

You quickly fumble for the bullets left in your coat pocket, grabbing one as you flick out the chamber, shaking out the shells inside. You quickly pop the bullet into the chamber, clicking it into place. You raise your revolver, firing and striking the man in the side of the head, blowing out his brains and knocking him to the ground. You pause, sighing as you walk over to Joseph, reaching down. Joseph grasps your hand as you yank him to his feet, looking at you with a heavily bruised face.

"God above, my face stings like a bitch," Joseph says.

"Let's get out of here," you say, as Joseph stumbles to the bar, leaning heavily against it as he grabs a half-finished pint of Guinness, bought by a long-gone patron who disappeared when things got rough.

Joseph drinks it down with a few chugs, before clambering over the bar as he grabs a bottle of whiskey. He climbs over the bar again, heading to the door with you.

"Pass the drink," you say, as he uncaps the whiskey before passing it over to you. "If nothing else, this'll be a story for the unit."

"Here here," Joseph says, as you take a long drink of the burning liquid. "At least we avenged Mary."

"Mary doesn't give a fuck about justice or being avenged," you say. "Let's be honest, this was for us."

"I suppose," Joseph we says. "What'll we tell Arthur?"

"We'll see what she wants to do," you say. "We'll tell him for her, if she needs."

In the late, dark back roads, you find it easy to escape off into the night. It's a long, cold work home, as you drink to warm yourself and deal with the stress of the night. By the time you get there, the bottle's empty, and it's early in the morning. You walk into the house, exhausted, drunk and tired. Ma sits in the kitchen, praying over her bible again. You walk in, sitting down next to her.

"Where is she?" you ask.

"She's in bed."

"Is she alright?" Joseph asks.

"No," Ma says.

"Of course not," you say. "The poor girl. I can't imagine what she's going through."

"Where were you?" Ma says. With worry littered on her face as she remembers you both were out for almost the entire night.

"We killed the men who did that to her," Joseph says.

"Good," Ma says. "Did anyone survive?" Her face of worry starting to slip away.

You shake your head slowly.

"We killed every last one of them," Joseph says.

"Good," Ma says again. All the worry wiped away clean from her face, having become a darkly grim expression glad that the vile men that defiled her daughter got what was coming to them.

"We'll need to leave for a while," Joseph says. "We didn't wear masks. Everyone in that bar would've seen us. Best case scenario, they'll be enough of them to draw a picture of us and the Black and Tans will be on the look-out for two brothers of our descriptors. If we're unlucky, one of them would've recognized us, and then they'll know our names."

"Are Mary and I at a risk?" Ma asks. Worry returning to her face.

"No. They won't have heard what we were asking about. I'll make sure to have a few of the unit looking after you, though."

"Where will we go?" you ask.

"We'll head down South. They need good men down there as much as anyone else. I know they're fighting hard in Cork. We'll go meet Fionn now, and organize something. We meet up with the head down there."

"We have to leave soon," you say. "We can't stick around, they'll be searching the area in the morning for us."

"We'll pack our things," Joseph says.

Ma stands, pulling you both in as tears stream down her face.

"I love you both. You're two strong, good sons."

"We love you too, Ma," you say.

With that, you pack your things, gathering up everything you'll need. You kiss Ma goodbye, say a silent goodbye to a sleeping Mary, and quickly head off into the night to get out of there.

Months Later...
You travel with Joseph to Fionn's, where he secures you with a letter to head down to Cork. The two of you quickly head to Cork, where you meet with the leaders of the IRA forces down there: Liam Lynch, Tom Barry and Sean O'Donoghue. They organize a room down with another IRA volunteer by the name of Brenda. In exchange for helping out with the farm, you get free room and board from him. You quickly get involved with the IRA down there, organizing drilling, training and ambushes alongside the vast rebel forces down there.

For the battle of independence, the war gets worst, especially for Cork. In March, the Mayor of Cork is murdered by a group of Black and Tans. In response to increased internment, Munster and Cork get especially violent. 24 prisoners of war are hung by the British, and Sean Tracey, the man who started this all, is killed in Dublin. In August, Terence MacSwiney, the new Mayor of Cork, dies on a hunger strike, attracting vast international attention.

When November rolls around, the violence only continues. On the 21st, Bloody Sunday happens. Michael Collins and the Squad, his anti-spy squad, assassinate 14 undercover British Intelligence officers in a single day. In a reprisal attack, the British forces attack a Dublin v Tipperary football match, killing indiscriminately, killing twelve people including one of the goalies. Two prisoners of war and an innocent man are executed at Dublin Castle in addition to this, purely as acts of spite against the entire Irish people. This event is known as Bloody Sunday.

It's late November now, only a few days after Bloody Sunday and you're down in Cork. You sit in a small room Brendan's farmhouse in Cork, discussing matters with a group of other IRA soldiers. Liam Lynch, a small, bespectacled man you'd normally look over, stands at the center of attention, commanding the entire group.

"We're low on arms, low on manpower and all-around we're doing worse than we can. Fighting this war is going to be tough," Liam Lynch admits.

"If we quiet down on the ambushes and go underground while doubling our recruitment efforts, we can make up our numbers in no times," Tom Barry, a young commander with a mess of black hair suggests.

"Not a chance in hell, Tom. If we reduce attacks, the British will think they can quash out the rebellion here. If they subdue Munster, if they take Cork, this rebellion will falter here as badly as in Ulster. Connaught will be a mop up, and with that, their focus on Dublin will wipe us out completely."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"We attack. We double-down, and hit hard and fast. Make sure those Brits understand that this isn't going to be easy for them. I've already lined up two targets. Tom, I want you to head to Kilmichael shortly, to set up an ambush. It'll happen a week after the Sunday Massacre. You're to hit a group of Auxiliaries, around eighteen men. I'll give you twice that. I want this group blown out of the fucking water. Make sure the Brits know who is fighting this war."

"Aye. There'll be no survivors," Tom Barry nods.

The plan for Kilmichael actually represents a serious change in the IRA method of waging war. Rather than small, occasional ambushes from locals, the IRA has began organizing flying columns of soldiers, permanently mobile units of soldiers that stay at various safehouses to rest and resupply to avoid capture, while hitting hard, aggressive attacks. It's a show of total war, thanks to the escalation in violence the Black and Tans caused.

"The second ambush I'm planning is a bit more distant. In early December, I plan to capture or kill Army Intelligence Corps Captain James Kelly, to put a face to this slaughter. A simple six man unit hits their lorry, killing their men with grenades and sweeping through the survivors with rifle. Understood?"

"Whose to lead it?" a voice asks.

"I'll give that to Seán O'Donoghue."

"Perfect," Seán O'Donoghue says. "We'll get the target."

"Good, good," Liam Lynch says, handing out two lists of names to either chosen commander. "These are your men."

"I've a problem," Seán O'Donghue says. "Two of my men, Paddy Trahey and Patrick Donohue, were killed Tuesday by a Black and Tan. He snuck into a meeting wearing civilian clothes and killed them with a grenade, alongside Seamus Mehigan."

"Bollocks. Take the Dubliners. Dubliners, are you free?"

"Aye, commander. We'll be free," Joseph says.

Liam Lynch nods, looking down at his notes.

"Good, good. Or... I suppose I could switch you with Dennis and Liordan, if you'd rather head out earlier to Kilmichael. Seeing as I'll have to shift names around either way, it's your choice."

1. Take part in the ambush at Dillon's Cross

2. Take part in the ambush at Kilmichael

(Alright Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You charge forward, bashing into him as you knock him against the wall, before you toss him onto the table. You raise your gun, before you begin to pistol-whip the man as you smash the heavy iron gun into his face as you smash his head against the table, bashing teeth and blood across the table. You repeatedly smash the gun against him until his face is nearly caved in, before you pause, looking over to Joseph. The last Black and Tan still standing pins Joseph to the ground, keeping his arms pressed against the ground with his knees as he begins to punch him.

You quickly fumble for the bullets left in your coat pocket, grabbing one as you flick out the chamber, shaking out the shells inside. You quickly pop the bullet into the chamber, clicking it into place. You raise your revolver, firing and striking the man in the side of the head, blowing out his brains and knocking him to the ground. You pause, sighing as you walk over to Joseph, reaching down. Joseph grasps your hand as you yank him to his feet, looking at you with a heavily bruised face.

"God above, my face stings like a bitch," Joseph says.

"Let's get out of here," you say, as Joseph stumbles to the bar, leaning heavily against it as he grabs a half-finished pint of Guinness, bought by a long-gone patron who disappeared when things got rough.

Joseph drinks it down with a few chugs, before clambering over the bar as he grabs a bottle of whiskey. He climbs over the bar again, heading to the door with you.

"Pass the drink," you say, as he uncaps the whiskey before passing it over to you. "If nothing else, this'll be a story for the unit."

"Here here," Joseph says, as you take a long drink of the burning liquid. "At least we avenged Mary."

"Mary doesn't give a fuck about justice or being avenged," you say. "Let's be honest, this was for us."

"I suppose," Joseph we says. "What'll we tell Arthur?"

"We'll see what she wants to do," you say. "We'll tell him for her, if she needs."

In the late, dark back roads, you find it easy to escape off into the night. It's a long, cold work home, as you drink to warm yourself and deal with the stress of the night. By the time you get there, the bottle's empty, and it's early in the morning. You walk into the house, exhausted, drunk and tired. Ma sits in the kitchen, praying over her bible again. You walk in, sitting down next to her.

"Where is she?" you ask.

"She's in bed."

"Is she alright?" Joseph asks.

"No," Ma says.

"Of course not," you say. "The poor girl. I can't imagine what she's going through."

"Where were you?" Ma says. With worry littered on her face as she remembers you both were out for almost the entire night.

"We killed the men who did that to her," Joseph says.

"Good," Ma says. "Did anyone survive?" Her face of worry starting to slip away.

You shake your head slowly.

"We killed every last one of them," Joseph says.

"Good," Ma says again. All the worry wiped away clean from her face, having become a darkly grim expression glad that the vile men that defiled her daughter got what was coming to them.

"We'll need to leave for a while," Joseph says. "We didn't wear masks. Everyone in that bar would've seen us. Best case scenario, they'll be enough of them to draw a picture of us and the Black and Tans will be on the look-out for two brothers of our descriptors. If we're unlucky, one of them would've recognized us, and then they'll know our names."

"Are Mary and I at a risk?" Ma asks. Worry returning to her face.

"No. They won't have heard what we were asking about. I'll make sure to have a few of the unit looking after you, though."

"Where will we go?" you ask.

"We'll head down South. They need good men down there as much as anyone else. I know they're fighting hard in Cork. We'll go meet Fionn now, and organize something. We meet up with the head down there."

"We have to leave soon," you say. "We can't stick around, they'll be searching the area in the morning for us."

"We'll pack our things," Joseph says.

Ma stands, pulling you both in as tears stream down her face.

"I love you both. You're two strong, good sons."

"We love you too, Ma," you say.

With that, you pack your things, gathering up everything you'll need. You kiss Ma goodbye, say a silent goodbye to a sleeping Mary, and quickly head off into the night to get out of there.

Months Later...
You travel with Joseph to Fionn's, where he secures you with a letter to head down to Cork. The two of you quickly head to Cork, where you meet with the leaders of the IRA forces down there: Liam Lynch, Tom Barry and Sean O'Donoghue. They organize a room down with another IRA volunteer by the name of Brenda. In exchange for helping out with the farm, you get free room and board from him. You quickly get involved with the IRA down there, organizing drilling, training and ambushes alongside the vast rebel forces down there.

For the battle of independence, the war gets worst, especially for Cork. In March, the Mayor of Cork is murdered by a group of Black and Tans. In response to increased internment, Munster and Cork get especially violent. 24 prisoners of war are hung by the British, and Sean Tracey, the man who started this all, is killed in Dublin. In August, Terence MacSwiney, the new Mayor of Cork, dies on a hunger strike, attracting vast international attention.

When November rolls around, the violence only continues. On the 21st, Bloody Sunday happens. Michael Collins and the Squad, his anti-spy squad, assassinate 14 undercover British Intelligence officers in a single day. In a reprisal attack, the British forces attack a Dublin v Tipperary football match, killing indiscriminately, killing twelve people including one of the goalies. Two prisoners of war and an innocent man are executed at Dublin Castle in addition to this, purely as acts of spite against the entire Irish people. This event is known as Bloody Sunday.

It's late November now, only a few days after Bloody Sunday and you're down in Cork. You sit in a small room Brendan's farmhouse in Cork, discussing matters with a group of other IRA soldiers. Liam Lynch, a small, bespectacled man you'd normally look over, stands at the center of attention, commanding the entire group.

"We're low on arms, low on manpower and all-around we're doing worse than we can. Fighting this war is going to be tough," Liam Lynch admits.

"If we quiet down on the ambushes and go underground while doubling our recruitment efforts, we can make up our numbers in no times," Tom Barry, a young commander with a mess of black hair suggests.

"Not a chance in hell, Tom. If we reduce attacks, the British will think they can quash out the rebellion here. If they subdue Munster, if they take Cork, this rebellion will falter here as badly as in Ulster. Connaught will be a mop up, and with that, their focus on Dublin will wipe us out completely."

"Then what do you suggest?"

"We attack. We double-down, and hit hard and fast. Make sure those Brits understand that this isn't going to be easy for them. I've already lined up two targets. Tom, I want you to head to Kilmichael shortly, to set up an ambush. It'll happen a week after the Sunday Massacre. You're to hit a group of Auxiliaries, around eighteen men. I'll give you twice that. I want this group blown out of the fucking water. Make sure the Brits know who is fighting this war."

"Aye. There'll be no survivors," Tom Barry nods.

The plan for Kilmichael actually represents a serious change in the IRA method of waging war. Rather than small, occasional ambushes from locals, the IRA has began organizing flying columns of soldiers, permanently mobile units of soldiers that stay at various safehouses to rest and resupply to avoid capture, while hitting hard, aggressive attacks. It's a show of total war, thanks to the escalation in violence the Black and Tans caused.

"The second ambush I'm planning is a bit more distant. In early December, I plan to capture or kill Army Intelligence Corps Captain James Kelly, to put a face to this slaughter. A simple six man unit hits their lorry, killing their men with grenades and sweeping through the survivors with rifle. Understood?"

"Whose to lead it?" a voice asks.

"I'll give that to Seán O'Donoghue."

"Perfect," Seán O'Donoghue says. "We'll get the target."

"Good, good," Liam Lynch says, handing out two lists of names to either chosen commander. "These are your men."

"I've a problem," Seán O'Donghue says. "Two of my men, Paddy Trahey and Patrick Donohue, were killed Tuesday by a Black and Tan. He snuck into a meeting wearing civilian clothes and killed them with a grenade, alongside Seamus Mehigan."

"Bollocks. Take the Dubliners. Dubliners, are you free?"

"Aye, commander. We'll be free," Joseph says.

Liam Lynch nods, looking down at his notes.

"Good, good. Or... I suppose I could switch you with Dennis and Liordan, if you'd rather head out earlier to Kilmichael. Seeing as I'll have to shift names around either way, it's your choice."

1. Take part in the ambush at Dillon's Cross

2. Take part in the ambush at Kilmichael

1. Get the big fish, not a bunch of small fry. It'll be much harder, with you being farther from friendly territory, but somebody has to kill the brains of this operation.

Supplies aren’t the main priority: soldiers, yes. Capturing (I’m a little ahead on this one, but he would be more useful alive than dead) James would make more publicity and reassure those who want to join on our success chances. 1!

Supplies aren’t the main priority: soldiers, yes. Capturing (I’m a little ahead on this one, but he would be more useful alive than dead) James would make more publicity and reassure those who want to join on our success chances. 1!

Wait, if we pick option 2 we get supplies? That's plenty important if we're to maintain a presence here.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
From what I deduce, the second option cuts the enemy from their safehouse (which contains supplies and maybe documents with information on their next operations) and gives us access to these safehouses, since we secure them.

The first option gives us the possibility to kill or capture a member of the british Army Intelligence Corp. While killing him would be symbolic (the folks care less about safehouse than about known faces) and evince to those who are hesitant to enlist in the IRA that we have a chance, increasing recruitment. Capturing him would have a similar effect (since it gives us the possibility to execute him publicly once we are done with him) and gives us the possibility to interrogate him. Army Intelligence Corp, remember? That could prove useful.

Obviously, it’s only my interpretation of this choice. I could be wrong, but I put my bet on the table. Now, before you change your vote or keep it the same, think about it: which stake is the most important?

(On vacation right now and soon to come back, but I will intervene and pose a question since I actually thought about this while over here. So what I was mentioning, is that with the Killmichael Ambush, I was only saying that the IRA strategy was changing, saying that the IRA was starting to become more aggressive, especially in the aftermath of Bloody Sunday, it's becoming much more like guerrilla warfare, with IRA units hiding out in various safehouses and operating from them and constantly moving to resupply and avoid capture while hitting British units much more often. And comparing this to more of a total war with the Black and Tans escalating their own violence and brutality.

Anyway posing a big question here. Would you guys like me to retcon the choice here and just have it so that you can participate at Kilmichael and the Dillon's Cross ambush? Because Kilmichael is pretty significant and wouldn't really want to skip it also the fact that it allows for a bit more action as you can then do both. It also would help to make the events somewhat more personal than simply then hearing what happens. So do you want to do both or do you just want to stick with your votes here?)

(On vacation right now and soon to come back, but I will intervene and pose a question since I actually thought about this while over here. So what I was mentioning, is that with the Killmichael Ambush, I was only saying that the IRA strategy was changing, saying that the IRA was starting to become more aggressive, especially in the aftermath of Bloody Sunday, it's becoming much more like guerrilla warfare, with IRA units hiding out in various safehouses and operating from them and constantly moving to resupply and avoid capture while hitting British units much more often. And comparing this to more of a total war with the Black and Tans escalating their own violence and brutality.

Anyway posing a big question here. Would you guys like me to retcon the choice here and just have it so that you can participate at Kilmichael and the Dillon's Cross ambush? Because Kilmichael is pretty significant and wouldn't really want to skip it also the fact that it allows for a bit more action as you can then do both. It also would help to make the events somewhat more personal than simply then hearing what happens. So do you want to do both or do you just want to stick with your votes here?)

Yes, I'd like a scenario where I'd get to see both situations. You're doing good work, Omen, keep it up!

(Alright I am back from my vacation, and so getting your opinions we will do both. So we are starting with the Kilmichael Ambush!)

You sit in the dusk-lit rocky hills alongside the Macroom-Dunmanway road, with a unit of thirty four riflemen, missing two members, all split between three ambush positions. You've been camped out here since last night, waiting patiently for the time to ambush the enemy. It's a perfect position, although you've noticed that it's lacking in any good escape routes should the tide of warfare not go in your favor. It's clear Tom Barry is here to slaughter, not retreat.

"They should be here shortly!" Tom Barry shouts at the top of his lungs from the top of the road. "Get ready for them. I'll be be getting them to slow down, then you open fire when I raise my fist. Got it?!?"

"Hold fire, hold fire!" Tom Barry screams.

Tom Barry walks down to the road, as you see them approaching, driving towards Kilmichael. A single motorbike and sidecar, driving along quickly.

"I thought they were coming from Kilmichael?" you ask Joseph.

"Doesn't matter, we kill them either way!" Joseph says.

The car slowly approaches, as the rifles aim at them. Tom Barry moves towards it slowly, as everyone waits patiently to open fire. Tom Barry walks calmly towards it, before he pauses as it grows closer, frantically waving his hands in the air.

"Don't shoot! Hold fire, hold fire!" he yells. "What in the name of fucking Christ are you doing here?"

You stare down, at the two men armed with rifles in the vehicle, standing in the middle of the ambush zone. If the British arrived now, they'd be literally shielding them from the gunfire.

"We're here for the ambush," one of them says sheepishly. "We received a mobilization call."

"Damn fucking straight you did, but you're in the center of the ambush point."

"I see them!" someone hisses.

You all stare down the road, where a lorry is driving towards your position.

"Oh for God's sake! Is God a Black and fucking Tan?! This couldn't be worse. You two, head down that side street, now!"

The motorbike quickly turns, heading back down the road at a frantic pace towards the next side street. The rest of you quickly get into postion

"Good evening!" Tom Barry says, smiling as he walks towards the lorry, holding up his arm with a flat palm, waving at the driver.

The first lorry begins slowing down, right at the ambush point. Tom Barry's hand closes to a fist, as the fighting immediately begins. A grenade flies through the air, as the cab of the lorry explodes. You open fire, but thanks the location of the lorry, it's a close-ranged, brutal fight, as you're left metres from the confused yet charging auxiliaries. You pause as one rushes towards your position frantically, rifle drawn. He's more trying to escape the gunfire from the other side, but nevertheless he's rushing towards your position.

Time to act.

1. Open fire with your rifle

2. Charge in with your bayonet

3. Call for the second grenade to be thrown to mop up the survivors

3 is out of the table. We need our man alive (if possible). Since this auxiliary is going toward us and not in a good position to shoot (running and distracted), it’s time to paint our blade in red. 2!

May I join in at this late point? The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
I'm aware this quest started before I even became a member here, but I recently spotted it, got curious what it was about and then couldn't stop reading until the last post. :) It's really interesting!

May I join in at this late point? The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
I'm aware this quest started before I even became a member here, but I recently spotted it, got curious what it was about and then couldn't stop reading until the last post. :) It's really interesting!
(What kind of question is this...? Of course you can join this! I am really humbled to see that you actually read everything and that it was great enough that you actually wanted to join! Just drop a vote and I will count it, I am gonna give some more time for Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller to make a vote, and then keep going.)

(What kind of question is this...? Of course you can join this! I am really humbled to see that you actually read everything and that it was great enough that you actually wanted to join! Just drop a vote and I will count it, I am gonna give some more time for Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller to make a vote, and then keep going.)
Great, thank you! :D Well, I just didn't want to... I don't know, intrude on anyone, I guess, haha, so I asked to make sure it was fine.

In that case, I'll go ahead and agree with Pryno for my vote. Option 2!

(Alright I am back from my vacation, and so getting your opinions we will do both. So we are starting with the Kilmichael Ambush!)

You sit in the dusk-lit rocky hills alongside the Macroom-Dunmanway road, with a unit of thirty four riflemen, missing two members, all split between three ambush positions. You've been camped out here since last night, waiting patiently for the time to ambush the enemy. It's a perfect position, although you've noticed that it's lacking in any good escape routes should the tide of warfare not go in your favor. It's clear Tom Barry is here to slaughter, not retreat.

"They should be here shortly!" Tom Barry shouts at the top of his lungs from the top of the road. "Get ready for them. I'll be be getting them to slow down, then you open fire when I raise my fist. Got it?!?"

"Hold fire, hold fire!" Tom Barry screams.

Tom Barry walks down to the road, as you see them approaching, driving towards Kilmichael. A single motorbike and sidecar, driving along quickly.

"I thought they were coming from Kilmichael?" you ask Joseph.

"Doesn't matter, we kill them either way!" Joseph says.

The car slowly approaches, as the rifles aim at them. Tom Barry moves towards it slowly, as everyone waits patiently to open fire. Tom Barry walks calmly towards it, before he pauses as it grows closer, frantically waving his hands in the air.

"Don't shoot! Hold fire, hold fire!" he yells. "What in the name of fucking Christ are you doing here?"

You stare down, at the two men armed with rifles in the vehicle, standing in the middle of the ambush zone. If the British arrived now, they'd be literally shielding them from the gunfire.

"We're here for the ambush," one of them says sheepishly. "We received a mobilization call."

"Damn fucking straight you did, but you're in the center of the ambush point."

"I see them!" someone hisses.

You all stare down the road, where a lorry is driving towards your position.

"Oh for God's sake! Is God a Black and fucking Tan?! This couldn't be worse. You two, head down that side street, now!"

The motorbike quickly turns, heading back down the road at a frantic pace towards the next side street. The rest of you quickly get into postion

"Good evening!" Tom Barry says, smiling as he walks towards the lorry, holding up his arm with a flat palm, waving at the driver.

The first lorry begins slowing down, right at the ambush point. Tom Barry's hand closes to a fist, as the fighting immediately begins. A grenade flies through the air, as the cab of the lorry explodes. You open fire, but thanks the location of the lorry, it's a close-ranged, brutal fight, as you're left metres from the confused yet charging auxiliaries. You pause as one rushes towards your position frantically, rifle drawn. He's more trying to escape the gunfire from the other side, but nevertheless he's rushing towards your position.

Time to act.

1. Open fire with your rifle

2. Charge in with your bayonet

3. Call for the second grenade to be thrown to mop up the survivors

1. I'd prefer to keep my distance, one of 'ems rushing towards you, but there's still a lot more of 'em out there. Plus, your buddies are shooting all over the place. I wouldn't want to get closer to the danger zone, where all the bullets be flying, just to stab this sucker.

I nearly missed this, sorry for the delay.

(Was a bit worried lol Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller good to see you again. Anyway it seems Option 2 has been chosen with 2 votes!)

You get low, charging in with your bayonet raised. The Auxiliary lets out a yell as you slam into him, thrusting your bayonet upwards as you jab it between his ribs and into his soft stomach. You pull out the blade with a sickening squelch as the man falls to the ground with a desperate scream. You jab the bayonet into his throat, plunging it into the soft flesh as you hack open his throat with a torrent of blood. The Auxiliary's screams turn to wet squelching, and that turns to silence quickly after.

You look up, to see the first lorry of nine officers has been easily wiped out. You don't think you see a single loss on your side. The second lorry has already stopped at position two, and is exchanging fire with them.

"Let's go help those bastards!" Tom Barry yells.

The group quickly rushes down the road to position two, where the Auxiliaries stand a chance. That is, until you arrive. You quickly take cover as you arrive at the second lorry, opening fire. There's a short, brutal exchange of firefire. You quickly see an IRA man, foolishly crouched halfway out of cover, shot in the head and killed instantly.

"For god's sake, surrender!" Tom Barry screams. "No more men need to die!"

"We surrender, we surrender!" a voice among the Auxiliaries calls out, as the gunfire stops. "We surrender, hold your fire!"

"Thank Christ," Tom Barry mutters. "I'm sending men over to collect your rifles. You are now officially prisoners of the Irish Republic."

1. Collect the prisoners' rifles

2. Hold your position

Sorry for the absence, things were a bit hectic for me lately.
I am inclined to pick option 2 again. I don't know how likely it is, but if the Auxiliaries suddenly change their mind about surrendering (or anything else unexpectedly happens), I'd prefer to still be in cover. I'm pretty tired right now, though, so my judgement of the situation is probably less than sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back