• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Saoirse (Irish Revolutionary Period Historical Questlog) *COMPLETED*

Well, I kind of have a sense of déjà vu here... and the last time we didn't shoot, we died.
That being said, I really don't want to kill Joseph either.

I'll hold off on voting and read what everyone else has to say for a little longer.

Well, I kind of have a sense of déjà vu here... and the last time we didn't shoot, we died.
That being said, I really don't want to kill Joseph either.

I'll hold off on voting and read what everyone else has to say for a little longer.
(Yeah your dejavu is kinda justified because it is pretty much the same as the other situation but hush. This time the ending no matter what option is chosen has a ending I preset in advance, no dice rolls as this is the last decision, whether this leads to your death or not will not matter as this will be the last choice of the story. But I won't say what happens, think about it and see what fate has in store for you all.)

(Well everyone, this is about it, the last decision to make. Make this count, I will have more to say once the decision has been made, and I post the epilogue. Everything has culminated to this moment. I would heavily advise talking this over and discussing it, as this is the big one. I hope you all had fun, see you on the other side. Option 2 was chosen unanimously!)

"We should push through the church to flank the enemy," you suggest to Fionn.

"Good idea!" Fionn says.

You quickly rush forward, hurrying to the old stone church that flanks the town hall, hurrying to cover behind the church as bullets ping off the heavy stone. You raise your rifle, smashing open one of the stained glass windows, knocking the glass out with the butt of your rifle, quickly clearing a path to get through. A soldier offers you a knee, and you clamber into the church, toppling inside the building as you land on the floor with a thud. Your unit quickly enters the church, as you head to the other side to get out of there.

"Something feels wrong about sneaking through a church," Fionn says.

"All of this is wrong. This whole goddamn war," you say.

You quickly use your rifle to smash open another stained glass window, climbing out of this window, finding yourself right at the side of the town hall as the rest of your unit joins you. A burst of rifle fire forces back the anti-Treaty defenders from the window, as they dive for cover. You press yourself up against the the town hall's outer wall, firing your rifle through the window at the men inside as they retreat to further cover

"Give yourselves up!" Fionn roars. "You're surrounded, there's no way you'll get out of here! Other then through surrendering or in a box. Be reasonable and come out!"

"Fuck off, you godless sons of bitches! We'll die before we surrender!" the voice comes back along with a hail of gunfire.

"Bastards," Fionn says. "Get a few grenades. We'll clear them out, alright."

A pair of men grab their grenades, pulling the pins out and lobbing them through the window. You stay low, plugging your ears as they go off with an explosion and a volley of screams. You rush to the door, booting it open to get a look at the destruction. The area is torn apart by shrapnel, with a half a dozen dead Irishmen spread around the room. You wince at the sight of them, before shaking your head. You have a mission to do.

"Secure the building. Make sure no one else is here," Fionn says.

Your soldiers quickly spread around the building, looking for survivors. You look at the wounded and dying in the room, shaking your head in disgust as you look at those there.

"Dammit, the survivors are escaping out the back!" one of the soldiers says.

"Dammit! After them!" Fionn yells.

You quickly burst out of the town hall, rushing after the escaping soldiers. You raise your rifle, firing after one of them as he slips off behind a building, before seeing another moving towards the stables, planning to steal a horse. You rush towards the stables, hurrying to catch up with the larger silhouette. You race after him, reaching him just as he nearly manages to clamber onto a horse. You raise your rifle, pointing it at the back of his head.
"Hold! Hold, or I'll shoot you!"

The figure stops, before slowly raising his hands, He turns to face you, as you stare at Joseph, who looks darkly at you.

"Hey, Michael," he says darkly.

"Joseph!" you say, taken aback. "Jesus, Joseph. What are you doing here?"

"Fighting for the cause," Joseph smiles. "Seeing as you bastards have taken the whole place, we're retreating to the hills to continue this as a guerilla war."

"There's no point in fighting, Joseph! The war is over, goddammit! Just lay down your rifle and make peace!"

"I know there's no point in it, Michael. I know. But I can't surrender. Not after everything I've done. I just can't give up."

"I can't let you leave, Joseph!" you say. "I have a duty to my country!"

"And I have a duty to mine, and I won't be captured," Joseph says. "So if this is how it ends, this is how it ends."

Joseph sighs, shaking his head slowly.

"If I'm to die, then I'm to die a soldier," Joseph says.

"You try to get on that horse and I will shoot you, Joseph!" you say.

"I'm not going to get on the horse. I don't want to go off and continue hiding in the hills, eating scraps, freezing when the sun goes down and killing my countrymen. I'd say my time has come."

"Then drop your weapons, and this can be over!" you shout.

Joseph slowly unbuttons his holster, placing his hand on the revolver handle.

"Drop the gun, Joseph!" you snarl.

"No, I don't think I can, Michael. I'm tired of fighting, but I won't abandon my cause. I'll go out like a soldier. Now, I'm going to draw my pistol, and I'm going to start shooting for as long as I last. You want to protect them, pull the trigger and get this over with, because I'm dying a soldier."

Joseph pulls out his gun, aiming it at your chest.

1. Kill Joseph

2. Don't shoot

1. Joseph is a soldier, an enemy, and our brother. I think the best way to end this war is to end it the way its supposed to be. We are all trying our best to secure a future for Ireland and it's a damn shame that it has come to this, but it must be done this way. If we don't shoot Joseph, we'll disrespect him as a soldier, as an enemy, as a brother as well as a brother-in-arms. We must kill him and crush everything he stands for. Only then can we pave the way for a bright future for Ireland.

If we let him live and take this war to the hills, we'll condemn him to a slow death.
Either way, we will kill him by shooting him or not.
So, let him die by a bullet shot by his own brother. Just as Rory died by the bullets shot by his own friends.

This war was started by Irishmen. Let it be ended by Irishmen.
It is tough, but it must be done.
We've done everything we could.
Many of us have given our lives.
We must let it end now, before you start hurting people with your misguided kindness.

I agree that it must be ended by Irishmen, but not the ones under the the orders of England. I never said it was kindness. It’s not. Any possibility to be truly kind died a long time ago. If it didn’t, making decisions would never be so heartbreaking. We are a soldier now. Attempts to do what is kind will get us killed. But it’s not kind, neither to ourselves or Joseph. It’s what is right.

It’s not what will make Michael feel good; it’s what he can think about and think « It was difficult, but I don’t regret my choices. » It’s what makes him able to go home after war, the heart heavy but filled with pride. It’s what lets him look in the mirror every morning without punching the glass. It’s what holds him back from throwing himself under the train.

War takes its toll on everyone, citizens and soldiers alike. It divides us. There is no « it has to be done ». There are ideals. Hopes. Wishes whispered when the ground is shaken by explosions. All the thoughts of pawns like us, caught in the middle of something bigger than us. Let’s stop playing by the rules, even if by doing so, we’re only fools.

So let him pull the trigger. Again and again. And when his pistol is empty, when we are the only ones standing, give him a hug and cry on each other’s shoulders. Just be a fool, just this once.

I agree that it must be ended by Irishmen, but not the ones under the the orders of England. I never said it was kindness. It’s not. Any possibility to be truly kind died a long time ago. If it didn’t, making decisions would never be so heartbreaking. We are a soldier now. Attempts to do what is kind will get us killed. But it’s not kind, neither to ourselves or Joseph. It’s what is right.

It’s not what will make Michael feel good; it’s what he can think about and think « It was difficult, but I don’t regret my choices. » It’s what makes him able to go home after war, the heart heavy but filled with pride. It’s what lets him look in the mirror every morning without punching the glass. It’s what holds him back from throwing himself under the train.

War takes its toll on everyone, citizens and soldiers alike. It divides us. There is no « it has to be done ». There are ideals. Hopes. Wishes whispered when the ground is shaken by explosions. All the thoughts of pawns like us, caught in the middle of something bigger than us. Let’s stop playing by the rules, even if by doing so, we’re only fools.

So let him pull the trigger. Again and again. And when his pistol is empty, when we are the only ones standing, give him a hug and cry on each other’s shoulders. Just be a fool, just this once.

We won't be fools, we'll be worse, we'll be dead.

You could say it's about kindness, you could say it was difficult, you could say it was about hopes and dreams, you could say we're puppets of England, you could say all sorts of things but I say you must end the fights you start. We all know what's right and wrong in our hearts. You know you're doing a foolish thing. And yet you insist. You say that it's the right thing to do and you fool yourself into thinking it is indeed right. I repeat again, Joseph is our brother, but he is also the enemy. And because of that, you have to kill him. There is no other reason other than that alone. You could say its because of this damned shame of a war, you could say it's because we're puppets of England, you could say it's because the anti-Treaty forces are stubborn, but in the end, when you put a gun in a man's hand. . . and he wants to kill you, you better make sure you kill him first.

We already know what will happen if we let him go.

I will not argue anymore. The choice you make will show your true character.

2. Merry Christmas to you too. Or Hanouka. Or what you are all celebrating. Raise your glasses, soldiers!

Proud professional dumbass since 1914.

Edit: Did someone talked about the mercenary with a mouth?!? I just can’t resist this murderous dork :hearteyes:

Last edited:
2. Merry Christmas to you too. Or Hanouka. Or what you are all celebrating. Raise your glasses, soldiers!

Proud professional dumbass since 1914.

Edit: Did someone talked about the mercenary with a mouth?!? I just can’t resist this murderous dork :hearteyes:
Yep, next quest is about Deadpool our glorious merc with a mouth. Please comment on the interest check I mentioned you in, it’ll help gather interest.

Well, I guess there's no point in me thinking about this even longer. So I'll do what I'm best at - voting for option 2 and throwing our protagonist's life away with both hands again. I still haven't learned my lesson from last time, it seems. So be it.

Merry Christmas etc. from me as well! :)

In any case, I'd like to say sorry for my little outburst earlier. When I was writing that, I was just tense. I just had a lot of things in my mind while I had a lot of things to do as well. It's no excuse, yes, but at least now you know the reason. I'd like to say that whatever choice you guys make, I'll be there with you. I've often opposed you all on many grounds, but we've still made all those decisions together, as a group. And in those decisions it was hard to know what was right, we all just wanted to do what was best for the story. We'll probably come to plenty of disagreements, possibly a few fights in the future, but to that I say we should remember that we are all there for each other. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong, but in the end, I do hope you'll be there to correct me when I'm wrong. That's all I could ever ask of you guys.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and with it, a Happy New Year.

Heisenberg, you know that I love to debate with you, right? The decision making becomes interesting for everyone when different valid points of view are exposed. We can also be wrong, you know. And yes, I know that there is a possibility that Joseph kills Michael as well, but I still prefer that to the alternative. Perhaps that indeed makes us fools, but not in a bad way. Anyway, you didn’t said anything harmful. And even if you did (unless it was a truly horrible insult), everyone has their bad days. You even apologized. I want to continue to debate with you, even if sometimes we lash out a little.

Happy New year to you too!

Edit: While we are at it, I want to find a nickname to you too. There are Omen, Felis (already short), Vip or Viper...but for Heisenberg? How? I know who that physician is, but the only nickname that comes to my mind is Heinz. Not really the same thing.

Last edited:
(I am glad you guys quickly got aside any tension, and cleared things up, I was sitting on the sidelines prepared to step in, but I am truly glad you guys got that solved quickly, it truly makes me happy to see the camaraderie that has come out of these questlogs. And how quickly you guys can come back to this. And being respectful. I think this kinda atmosphere is going to really help out the Deadpool quest as it’s meant to be something fun, and since I plan to make it even longer than the others this change of pace should help make it even more fun and upbeat.)

I'm a bit late to say this, but I didn't mind your "outburst" either, Heisenberg. Maybe the debate got a little heated at one point, but I think it just shows that it's a good story if we can get this invested in the characters and the choices they make. Also, I feel I tend to be a bit wishy-washy in my replies sometimes, so I think it isn't a bad thing if others are a bit more direct in stating their opinion, or the discussion will never get anywhere, haha.

Sorry for the late reply, I had internet connection problems. I just kept getting cut, but now all of this is mostly resolved. In any case, I've wanted to say some things to you back then but. . . now I've mostly forgot them. So, I'll just give you all a cookie. And by the way, I prefer being called Heis. That's what my friends call me and I think you guys count. If we keep this spirit of camaraderie in our next questlog, we'll be able to enjoy the story no matter what happens. So. . . I'll just stick around see what happens.

I've been following the discussion and there are very valid points on both sides. I've refrained from contributing thus far because...well, I am still very conflicted about this choice. At first, I was leaning towards being selfish in avoiding the hard decision to kill our brother, but the more I think about it, coupled with reading Heis' points, the more I realize that this is a decision we can not walk away from. We both knew what we were signing up for when we joined our respective causes, and the duty of a soldier demands that we put a bullet through the head of the enemy that is threatening both the lives of our comrades, and our own life. There's an old Chinese saying that roughly translates to "There are no fathers and sons on the battlefield.", and I think it applies well here: we cannot see Joseph as our brother, out here on the battle field, he is merely an enemy.

We've hit a tie. It looks like it's all up to you now, Omen. You got to start this story, now you get the chance to end it. We'll wrap things up here and head straight for the Deadpool story of yours. I think one day in the future, I'll look back at the fun times we had here and it'll put a smile on my face. In creating this Saoirse, you always kept us on our toes because we were placed in a dangerous environment. And at other times you had put us straight into a moral dilemma, the ones where we had to make heart-wrenching choices that could change the course of the story forever. We lived and died here in these pages. Over and over again. You made us feel like we were Michael, that we were really fighting a war for independence, and that we were taking real risks that wagered our lives and the lives of our friends and family. You've created a special place for us, Omen, and for that you deserve our thanks.

Also, in a sense, you've created a legacy for yourself. In making this story, you've made humanity all the more richer in experience and understanding. When someone comes to this story to read all the adventures, all the little comedies, the sad tragedies we've been through, he'll feel a little like us. He'll feel just like Michael, an Irishman, and a man who fought for the freedom of his country.

(Happy New Year everyone! So here it is, the result and final choice of this quest, it has been a long journey, and I feel this is a fitting way to ring in the New Year! I’m probably gonna be biased as I am exhausted from staying up late with family, which is probably a bad idea, but I think nonetheless this is the best way to move on to the next one. So this is what I have to say, when I think about this decision I actually think about it in the way you Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller thought originally in this quest, you were adamant about not taking any sides, knowing at some point it would probably tear the family apart, and cause bloodshed, and that’s unfortunately how this thing turned out. The majority chose after a tough decision to stick with the Free State while knowing how radical Joseph was went with the IRA, which was different from the original goal of keeping him safe. Civil wars tear families apart and cause division and bloodshed, and that’s what’s happening here. Then you have the actual situation, right now the IRA has been seriously crippled and this is their last line of defense and last ditch effort, this is their last stronghold and as was said earlier the IRA is desperately trying to call a ceasefire since they know they are on the brink. With this quick sweep they have been horribly weakened in an already weakened state and I think the likelihood they can do much even with a few survivors is close to 0. Lastly, I truly think that throughout all of this Michael has been looking out for Joseph, and I think Joseph deep down throughout his bravado and patriotism and loud attitude really doesn’t have it in him to kill his brother he simply is trying to bluff this, and I don’t even truly think he wants to be killed he may be a fool but I don’t think he’s that much of one. And I don’t think Michael has it in him either, I think brotherly love can triumph over the rules of war and it’s brutality, that family can triumph over dogma and beliefs, and that love can usher an era of relative peace, and so I think in the end Option 2, not shooting is the best and the decision Michael would choose in the end. And with that Option 2 has been chosen by tie breaker. I hope you enjoyed this and I will see you on the other side.)

You pause, unable to to pull the trigger. Instead, you take a deep breath.

Joseph fires his pistol, two shots flying far over your head. Joseph's determined face contorts into a confused, emotional one, as he snarls at you.

"What the fuck are you doing, Michael! I don't want to kill you! I want to die a hero! They'll sing songs about me."

"This isn't a great song of heroes and glory, Joseph," you say, dropping your rifle. "This is a song of sorrows, of dead fools and brothers killing brothers. I don't want to sing that song anymore."

"Pick up your rifle, Michael!" Joseph says, gesturing with his pistol. "You've won! You don't have to die for your cause! I do!"

"I don't care for causes anymore, Joseph. None of us need to die. For any of this. I've buried too many friends on either side."

Joseph walks forward, anger flashing on his face. He grabs you by the collar, jamming the barrel of his revolver against your head.

"Pick up that fucking rifle and finish this, Michael!" he screams, tears running down his face.

You stare down at your rifle as it sits in the mud, before shaking your head. Joseph scowl drops, as he drops his revolver.

"You bastard," he says sadly. "You won't even give me a fucking ending to this whole shit show."

Joseph releases his grip on you, letting out a sigh. He raises his hands, putting them behind his head and dropping to his knees.

"What are you doing?" you ask.

"Surrendering. What else can I do?" Joseph softly.

You embrace Joseph, holding him tightly, as tears stream down your face. This isn't how it was supposed to go. You thought you were heroes, patriots, fighting for what was fight. You're not. No man is. You're just a bunch of poor peasants, pig farmers, fools who wanted to be something. You're not a famous King like Brian Boru or a famous patriot like Wolfe Tone.

You're just a pair of brothers who wanted to do more than mucking around in pigsties, who wanted something greater than that little farm in Dublin, who wanted a song to be sung about them. In the end, that's all that soldiers and rebels ever are.

With the final sweep of the IRA-controlled territory, the Free State regains control of the country. The IRA fighters move into a guerrilla phase, performing ambushes, assassinating key Free State leaders and bombing infrastructure. Still, the fact that the anti-Treaty forces have far less support than the original IRA in their fight against the British, means that the anti-Treaty forces can't survive with this guerrilla warfare like you once did. Frank Aiken is nearly captured, with the Quinn brothers, his lieutenants being killed or captured. Frank Aiken manages to escape, although little more than a week later he calls a cease fire in an attempt to minimize the death and destruction from his new position of leadership in the IRA.

The month after has little fighting, mostly just waiting, as you patiently wonder what's to happen. Due to the fractured nature of the IRA, many continue fighting despite the ceasefire, although the violence is hugely decreased, and you personally don't see any action against these remaining groups. Then, Frank Aiken gives the order. "Dump arms, and return home". It's that simple. Toss your rifle aside and go home, and the war is over. With that, your enemy is defeated. Eamon DeValera supports this move, sending out the following message: "Further sacrifice on your part would now be in vain and the continuance of the struggle in arms unwise in the national interest. Military victory must be allowed to rest for the moment with those who have destroyed the Republic". It's a spiteful message, sure, and the man's an absolute coward, but he's surrendered, and the battle comes to an end.

It isn't a major battle that ends the war, not a decisive victory or some great battle. No, it's a bunch of old friends growing tired of shedding each other's blood, or killing civilians, or executing prisoners. Instead, it's a few words, and a desperate plea for an end to the fighting.

The Republican prisoners, Joseph included, are held for several months, but they're released with time. In November of 1924, a general amnesty is declared for acts committed during the civil war, and it all comes to an end.

After the war, it seems there's finally a chance at peace. The Free State treats the anti-treaty rebels surprisingly well, and they're released after sometime. Many of these anti-Treaty leaders would rise up in politics as leaders of the nation, such as Eámon DeValera, President and Taoiseach, Sean Lemass, Taoiseach, and even the son of a man executed in the civil war, Erskine H. Childers, who would go on to be president. His father, Robert Erskine Childers, ran guns for the very first Volunteers, and was executed for holding arms in the civil war.

After the war, you begin to rebuild the newfound nation. Two political parties rise up from Sinn Féin, known as Fianna Fail and Fianna Gael, the former made up of anti-Treaty politicians, the latter pro-Treaty politicians. These parties are joined by Sinn Féin, which becomes a more old-fashioned party focused mainly on the joining of Northern Ireland to the Republic, but of course, more parties rise up, such as Labour, the Green Party, Social Democrats and many more.

However, it's not long before Fianna Fail is voted in, with Eamon DeValera taking power. The Statute of Westminster is signed, which gives Ireland substantial power in the United Kingdom. Through political maneuvering, the power of the British over the Free State is diminished, until the statute is used to overturn the Anglo-Irish Treaty, and Ireland succeeds from the UK, becoming the Republic of Ireland. It's a joyous day, but you can't help but feel bitter that the man who waged a war that got heroes like Michael Collins killed would end up later using the political methods to gain freedom like Collins had suggested.

As a free, independent nation, Ireland prospers. It advances quickly thanks to the prosperous economic policies of Taoiseach Sean Lemass, who had fought with the rebels in the Treaty War. The county slowly begins to end the sectarian conflict that plagued Ireland for generations, while outgrowing the zealous Catholic restrictions that plagued the nation.

Your life story is far simpler, after the war. You get married to a girl you went to school with, having a child. Your wife, Fiona, passes, unfortunately, although the relationship was never that... romantic, to say the least. Mary and Arthur help raise them with you, as you become a favored uncle to their child, who never learns the unfortunate circumstances of his conception. Which, technically is true, both for Arthur and the blood father. Ma passes, as with all things, and time goes on. Joseph helps out as well, of course, but he's busy settling down with his own family, a pair of kids of his own, twins named Rory, after the late Rory O'Connor, and Jack, after his wife's father. You name your daughter Saoirse, the Irish word for freedom. It seems fitting, after all you struggled for. You settle down to a simple job as a plumber, which may not be the most glorious job, but soon gives you your own business after a fair bit of work.

It's a summer day, as you walk through the seats at a football match, leading your little girl along to see Ireland play France. You can't wait to watch the match, even though Saoirse's far more into it than you. You quickly find your seats, sitting down. You wrap your arms around your daughter, leaning back in your seat as you sigh in satisfaction.

"When's it starting, Dad?" Saoirse asks.

"When it starts. Be patient," you smile back. "You're too giddy."

"I want to see the match."

"And you will, it'll be happening right in front of you. Eventually," you chuckle.

Before the ceremony begins, you all stand, as the Irish team begin to sing the national anthem and flags are waved. You join in, of course, as does Saoirse and every Irishman in the stadium, at the top of your lungs.

You can't help but feel a swelling of pride. Tears well in your eye as you put your hand over your heart, and sing along with the national anthem. You're not proud of the flag, or the anthem. Well, you are, but that's not what brings tears to your eyes. You didn't fight for a colored flag or a catchy tune. You fought for the little girl by your side, who will be raised as a free citizen in a country that is hers, not to be oppressed because of her race, religion or creed, but instead, to live free as an Irish citizen.

That is why you're proud. That is what freedom truly means.

The struggle for Irish independence was a long and brutal one. Many men lost their lives on both sides. Irish citizens suffered under British oppression for hundreds of years, as Catholics were discriminated against and treated as second class citizens. Poverty was rampant under British rule, as the rich took advantage of the poor. Food was actually shipped out of Ireland during the Great Famine, where a million lives were snuffed out, and a million more souls being forced to emigrate. To this day, the Irish population hasn't recovered to its pre-Famine numbers.

The troubles in Northern Ireland would eventually lessen as religious divides were cast aside. To this day, these tensions still exist, however. Still, the relationship between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland included, has improved greatly, to the point where they're tied to the hip economically and culturally.

In the end, there was a struggle between ideas, with heroes on both sides. In the Easter Rising, there were simple soldiers and policemen trying to keep order at home while there comrades fought the Germans across the seas, and Irish patriots desperate to free and liberate their country. In the War of Independence, although there were certainly many abusive and oppressive figures on the side of Britain, there were also many soldiers just performing their duty to keep order and PTSD-stricken veterans who were making a living the only way they could, with people trying to free their country and end a long, painful oppression. In the Treaty War, there were those who wanted peace, who were willing to go with pragmatism and take what they could, versus those who felt betrayed by their country and wanted to free their independence, a goal so many of their friends had been given for. Even in later years, with the Troubles in Northern Ireland, there was just those trying to protect their newfound country and their cultural identity, versus men who still considered themselves as soldiers in the war of independence, forgotten by the greater nation as they tried to end British rule and the oppression of Catholics.

In the end, there were victors and victims, but thankfully, the bloodshed could come to an end, and independence could be achieved peacefully.

Hopefully, you've enjoyed the story of a nation at war with itself, of brothers fighting brothers, of conflict, loss and passion. If nothing else, I hope you've learnt something about this time and its struggle for independence something that is very little mentioned in history.

THE END

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R Pryno Pryno Felis Felis

Thank you so very much once again for sticking with this for so long, you guys have made this experience great and Heisenberg you have no idea how happy I felt hearing those kind words they really showed I got my point across and made this the best it could’ve been. I really had a message to tell through this and of course throwing you guys into some serious moral dilemmas like many people would’ve had to, and also hearing that you felt for Michael really shows I did a great job and I am so glad.

I truly feel humbled that you thought of this as special and the memories that this created I will cherish as much as you guys will. I do hope this helps to at least in some way help create more empathy and humanity for understanding as you said.

We lost some people unfortunately along the way but with this I think 2019 will be a great year. Also because my Deadpool one will probably be my longest yet, at some point I will probably even if no one grows bored do some more of these on the side just to keep things from being stale with just that. But for right now I want Deadpool to be my focus. Thank you again everyone and I will see you once the Deadpool Quest starts! Just remember we have an OOC there, and if you want to say last things about this it can be done here. Once again I appreciate everything thank you!

I’m not crying. You’re crying.

This is indisputably the best possible ending. We did it. Writer and readers, hands in hands. Group hug? :P

I’m not crying. You’re crying.

This is indisputably the best possible ending. We did it. Writer and readers, hands in hands. Group hug? :P
Haha glad to hear I got you that emotional my master plan worked muhahahahaha! Anyway yes group hug!

Also glad to hear you loved the ending.

The ending is good.
I thought by killing Joseph we'll just bring an end to our troubles. I thought we had no choice. I was consumed by the bitter and hatred in this war. There was just so much killing, so much death that seemed so senseless that I thought I was saving our lives and the lives of our comrades by killing the enemy. I thought I had it all figured out, but it turns out everybody's just been hurt and they feel the same way as us. They did have hearts. The people they killed, they killed out of fear, out of hate, out of a sense of duty, but at the end of the day they were just trying to survive. In a story filled with so much violence and bitterness, you can find the humanity in all of us. Sometimes, it doesn't stick out for long, but know that its there.
In this ending, I'm glad that we didn't let this war kill our own brother, our own family, the people who we fought for.
In some situations, I let my temper get the better of me, to the point where I lose control.
My temper is a powerful thing, it brings out my aggression, my will to act, and with it the power to change my fate.
But it is also a beast that must be controlled and put in its proper place. Lest it brings chaos and destruction to everything in its wake.
I'm glad you stopped me and in doing so you saved me from killing Joseph, you saved me from making the greatest mistake I could ever make in this war.

I'm in the group hug. We've gone through so much together and for so long. We deserve this little time to ourselves.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, but yes! I'm in on the group hug, too.

I'm really glad about this ending, too. It's honestly happier than I dared hope for, so yay! ^33^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back