• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom SAO (open and accepting as many as possible)

MJ ._.

Nothing
Hello SAO fans!

Welcome to OOCCC~ <3

Thanks for coming *Please have a cup of hot chocolate*

Character Sheet: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/a-reason-to-fight-private.323228/
Main Page: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/a-reason-to-fight-private.323232/
636051564725907913-465822945_Cover pic part 1.jpg

Last edited:
So um, basically, anyone who's interested can help make the plot?
I'm interested.

I'm interested,

But about the plot I have to ask how do we deal with the canon characters, since the original story was very Kirito-centered (you know it's true XD)

I'm interested,

But about the plot I have to ask how do we deal with the canon characters, since the original story was very Kirito-centered (you know it's true XD)

That's why we need a different plot. I'm not planning to use canon characters. Everyone has the seed and can make the whole process again and again. Of course your character can be a survival of the first incident.

I've come up with a rough idea of a plot:

Let's give a reason to players to avoid disconnecting for days and keep them in our own virtual world. For example; there is a group called A doing something in real world but using online games to contact each other and invite new members. And there is a group B that wants to stop them.
Now the question is what the goal of group A is and why group B needs to stop them. Please help me to figure it out!

TheRealBmike TheRealBmike , 54160 54160 , takki takki

I have an idea (The same as SAO setup, but completely different plots)

History. The tragic event of players getting trapped in a virtual world is history. No one has been able to create a code that can send electromagnetic waves to the players' brains, which is illegal. when they log out, except for one person, namely Kayaba Akihiko. That man created Sword Art Online, solely for pleasure and fun. With his selfish attitude, players inside his game, called Sword Art Online, accepted the challenge of beating him in the game and giving the remaining players a chance to log out. The heroes Kirito and Asuna, beat the game.

Many VRMMORPG have been created by this one package, called the World Seed. It has appeared out of nowhere, just after the game SAO was cleared. Many scientists and players theorized that it was the trophy for clearing the game, yet no one knows the true origin of the World Seed. Many games developed and became famous by using the Seed to create their games. The Cardinal System had a downfall on popularity, but it still exists.

Six years later, a person threatened that he would do the same with the game Alfheim Online. The game where Aincrad, Sword Art Online's world, resides. Many professionals failed to figure out the most dangerous phrase of the sentence, "--do the same with the game Alfheim Online." But, it has quickly died out because no one tampered with the game's software.

TheRealBmike TheRealBmike 54160 54160 MJ ._. MJ ._.

I've come up with a rough idea of a plot:

Let's give a reason to players to avoid disconnecting for days and keep them in our own virtual world. For example; there is a group called A doing something in real world but using online games to contact each other and invite new members. And there is a group B that wants to stop them.
Now the question is what the goal of group A is and why group B needs to stop them. Please help me to figure it out!

I understand the premise is they are not trapped in SAO

I have an idea (The same as SAO setup, but completely different plots)

History. The tragic event of players getting trapped in a virtual world is history. No one has been able to create a code that can send electromagnetic waves to the players' brains, which is illegal. when they log out, except for one person, namely Kayaba Akihiko. That man created Sword Art Online, solely for pleasure and fun. With his selfish attitude, players inside his game, called Sword Art Online, accepted the challenge of beating him in the game and giving the remaining players a chance to log out. The heroes Kirito and Asuna, beat the game.

Many VRMMORPG have been created by this one package, called the World Seed. It has appeared out of nowhere, just after the game SAO was cleared. Many scientists and players theorized that it was the trophy for clearing the game, yet no one knows the true origin of the World Seed. Many games developed and became famous by using the Seed to create their games. The Cardinal System had a downfall on popularity, but it still exists.

Six years later, a person threatened that he would do the same with the game Alfheim Online. The game where Aincrad, Sword Art Online's world, resides. Many professionals failed to figure out the most dangerous phrase of the sentence, "--do the same with the game Alfheim Online." But, it has quickly died out because no one tampered with the game's software.

TheRealBmike TheRealBmike 54160 54160 MJ ._. MJ ._.

Then ALO would be a second SAO (death or alive game)?

Then ALO would be a second SAO (death or alive game)?

Yes, with a twist. Players still have the power to log out, but it will be the last time they will visit in VRMMORPG. If a player logs out, he/she can't FullDive again. If a player dies, he/she would be braindead. So um, double disaster.

Yes, with a twist. Players still have the power to log out, but it will be the last time they will visit in VRMMORPG. If a player logs out, he/she can't FullDive again. If a player dies, he/she would be braindead. So um, double disaster.

It doesn't sound bad, but besides not being able to play a VRMMORPG again, I was thinking that they expose to the risk of a disability (you know, brain, limbs, neuron damages...)

It doesn't sound bad, but besides not being able to play a VRMMORPG again, I was thinking that they expose to the risk of a disability (you know, brain, limbs, neuron damages...)

Yeah, it can be. How about both? Not being able to FullDive and an average risk of an illness inside the head.

That's a good plot but to make it less canon like I suggest putting money on the stack and people who need it more that their lives.
In each realm (Aincard, Elfheim, Gun Gale...) there is a tournament that pays the winner hefty amount of money. To enter the tournament one must bet on something valuable. In order to avoid players from harming each other in real world logging out is not allowed. If you log out you won't be able to use currency in game ever again (Because using currency needs your real life information).

And about real life penalties; it has happened that people who had turned foes during a game have sought revenge in real life so you must be extra careful to not let your real info leak out. For example there is a team called red circle that plays for money. If you join them then betray or abandon them they will punish you in real life. The condition to join this team is giving your real info to the leader. These kind of gilds are increasing and governments are worried about them. (let's call the out of boundary gilds or OBG)

Also on group A and B; Group A are those who sell categorized information online. Each member has reason to do so and group B are hired agents or government officers who are against selling information.

There are also smugglers, drug sellers and black markets finding their way in virtual world.

So um, what's the game we're playing in?

So um, what's the game we're playing in?
They can move to all themes and gain strength from them but the tournament we are in happens on cardinal server so it can be sword art or alfheim. You choos one.

and br0th3ls? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (ok...no)
I don't think anyone pays for that on virtual games. They can advertise but as it's legal in most countries there is no reason for them to act like a gang. Also, we want to focus on fighters.

interested
Welcome! I'd like to know your idea about the plot.

MJ ._. MJ ._.
I think we have enough players. I'm not rushing you but please finalize the plot and build a character skeleton cause im hyped.

Alright so I logged in today with the thought of asking if anyone was interested in a SAO RP. I am so happy to have found this! I'm interested! And I love the plot idea!

So far from the gist that I read it would be a Colosseum roleplay due to the tournament in which I'm assuming characters are supposed to combat one another. Quickly make the MMO and perhaps the roleplay a PVP game along with trying to deal with the backgrounds of factions and groups that play for money.. which makes it sound even more like a Colosseum battle tournament to be honest.

Since you asked about alfheim and the original sword art online, beyond fairies being able to fly for a short period of time it would seem combining the two wouldn't be particularly hard to do. Could be done by recycling assets which is pretty easy or building a game on top of another.

I'm definitely interested!
Welcome! Please get engaged with plotting!

Alright so I logged in today with the thought of asking if anyone was interested in a SAO RP. I am so happy to have found this! I'm interested! And I love the plot idea!
Cool! Let's go ahead~

So um, MJ ._. MJ ._.
What type of RP is this?

So far from the gist that I read it would be a Colosseum roleplay due to the tournament in which I'm assuming characters are supposed to combat one another. Quickly make the MMO and perhaps the roleplay a PVP game along with trying to deal with the backgrounds of factions and groups that play for money.. which makes it sound even more like a Colosseum battle tournament to be honest.

Since you asked about alfheim and the original sword art online, beyond fairies being able to fly for a short period of time it would seem combining the two wouldn't be particularly hard to do. Could be done by recycling assets which is pretty easy or building a game on top of another.

I agree with Thane Korino. But I still don't know what kind of rp it is... XP
I'm going to make the main thread any way. The plot will be there regarding your advises. Yet it will remain flexible for more suggestions.

This search thread ends here. :blowkiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back