• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom SAO: Alternate Aincrad ~OOC~

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So Old and I discussed how this is an Alternate Aincrad. There will be no original characters in it. We also discussed how there will be RPG like classes which can reflect/symbolize a character's personality. For example, I'm going to use one of the two characters I already have made, they are a bard and a dancer.

Yep, and I think I am going to use a "lancer", or some other fancy variant of the word.

A thought came to mind that an interesting part about the sword art online system was that despite the anime making skills such a big deal, we never really get to hear many of them. The books may be different, but the three I read made no difference. So, that basically means we can invent our own skills.

Most of my skills will be song and dance-related. I know there isn't magic in SAO but would you like a bit of magic?

I guess we can ask Flore, but if they are indifferent, I think I will say only defensive or support magic. They made it a whole point to hype up Alfheim (fairy game) by saying that SAO was completely magic-free, and that Alf was more fantastical. Maybe even no magic-- relying on items that carry similar effects.

That's what I assumed. The bard class and dancer class doesn't really work without the support "Magic" like heals and buffs. I suppose it doesn't have to be magic though, just a perk of the class maybe.

The dancer class just has routines that take up stamina points like a "healing waltz" and "Scarlet Salsa" (A 10% buff per second she dances kind of thing)

Then the bard class would play certain instruments and sing certain songs for the buffs or heals.

Then basic support magic would be good. I imagine that the effect of the dance/instrument is based upon the pace, instrument, or style. I imagine an npc bard who specializes in speed magic and is like a pied piper, dancing with a flute of some sort.

Ya think of it as different styles of dance and music each one more complicated depending upon the buff or heal.

I've decided to do the dancer class because I feel like it will be more interesting. I'm going to make her a fan dancer too.

I will only have one "character" that I put the most effort into, but I am always available to provide the npcs or take a more narrative role. Three characters alone can not make a plot without bending over backward, so I, or all of us can handle npcs.

If we are treating this as a game, we could always implement dice. It would be a very crude way to go about it, and without an already established system might accidentally make an unbalanced system, but it would make it carry more weight than having every confrontation act just as we demand. That would make implementing health be, well, necessary, but also easy.

I am completely fine dealing with Npc's or multiple characters.

I have done a few rps with dice and the system makes sense. It will probably be unbalanced like you mentioned however and characters can die. Are we all ok with our main character potentially dying?

I don't mind about attribute points and I don't mind about Minecraft weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back