• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom SAO: Alternate Aincrad ~OOC~

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Should we implicate the dice? The only problem with that is how we can only roll a dice after a post is posted.

Holy moly, how did I miss this conversation until now

SAO normally runs on a 1-100 skill level basis, where every single skill must be grinded for, and are not related to leveling up, from what I remember.Something where combat and quest xp are not the same xp as skills. Not entirely sure how well that would translate here, though. Just having skills raise with levels and designated points is ok with me tho, that seems more managable.

That's true. For the sake of the rp and being a bit easier than just having skill level raise with the player level can be easier but, we can do the grinding too. Like the more you use a skill, it levels up. Otherwise, skill will be super level based and someone who is level 1 has no chance against let's say a level 5. (I understand that this is how the anime was but for the sake of the rp I feel like it's not the most effective way to do skills. Not to mention we can just control when the skills go up so it can still be fair. We can always do scenes where a certain skill is used to complete a quest so it will level up kind of thing. Just a suggestion

The addition of skills seems like something that will need to be monitored. Something like that is better left to a google doc or google sheet. I can whip something up quick if we want that, or we can just try to keep it in mind when rp'ing. We could always present a vague "this person kind of knows what they are doing with knife throwing" etc.

Let's stick to a vague idea then. I don't know how much of a document creep this will become. Reinventing DnD is not my intent here xD

Should we keep the dice roll at 15 sides max for the damage we do and the damage the enemy does? or higher like 25?

So, we are going to have to post posts early then roll a dice and then finish the post kind of thing? If i understand correctly.

So would you guys like to start soon? And where should we meet? The first-floor boss or something? My character is not too big on the fighting part of the game and she's pretty well known for her performances and the fact that she chose to use support magic. From my experience, people don't like to play support lmao. It wouldn't be too far fetched for her to need some major saving or for her to save someone else. Also, should the bosses drop the same stuff? Like the black coat, etc.

Since the boss is around level 15 we should start before that unless you want to change the level of the floor one boss and i dnt mind it dropping the same thing

My character isn't 100% on combat itself either-- he is really only out there for collecting monster materials. I think meeting before the first boss would be good.

Also... sorry for no reply. Apparently notifs decided to stop watching this chat. I will have to start checking in instead of relying on notifs ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back