• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Evelyn

Mood
Concerned / Alert

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher)

Mention
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack)

Evelyn went quiet as Asher replied, her full attention just focused on him as he tried to express what hat happened - what the teen had been feeling. Her expression as always difficult to read though that predatory-protectiveness was still clearly lingering. Evelyn let out a sigh for a moment though softening her expression a little. "Ash, on that second point - the new kid looks fine, so don't worry. You'd barely know he'd nearly drowned if you looked at him, Nathan's having to force him to sit down and rest." She smirked a little. "Kinda funny that was soo high on your list of concerns given you didn't even want to know their name when they got here." Evelyn remarked but her voice had a teasing and joking tone to it. She knew that Asher cared and she sounded proud of Ash for actually showing that.

Her expression growing more serious again after a moment. "As for 'he who shall not be named', yeah it does suck they're here Ash, no arguing -and if they come over and cause a problem I'll deal with 'em. If you want." That same predatory look returning that she clearly had a plan if things came to it, though then just shrugging and acting like its no big deal and indicating that Asher is free to decline her help if he wants.

"But no offense to your highness, but what part of your own orders of 'lets pretend they don't exist' are you following?" Evelyn's tone suddenly shifting just suddenly blunt as she quoted Ash. "Unless your plan is letting them control you again like this, play with you once they see you curl up at their very sight - ignore 'em." With Ash in particular Ev' never beat around the bush, giving him just a flat reality check.

"You've got someone else who'd rather hang out with your sorry butt right now. -And I doubt you wrangled their butt out of that room of theirs to just mope around looking like a dead fish." Acknowledging Jack's words without looking in his direction or speaking to him at all. Evelyn instead having her eyes focused just on Asher, a stern and caring sisterly expression. Only taking a brief pause breaking her gaze as she lifted her Tofu burger and took a bite out of it before sitting back up straight giving Ash some space again.

puma-ladies-ace-tank-top-black-front.jpg
wccbr004_caine_f.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
s-l640.jpg
ELOISE-BACK-STRAP-ESPADRILLE-WEDGES-LIGHT-TAN_AY6-592.webp

Last edited:
Nate

Mood
Happy/ a little emotional

Interact
Dawnstar Dawnstar (Felix)

Mention

Nathan Chuckled a bit as Felix Joked about his ribs falling off. He could see his friend returning more and more to his playful self and it was certainly making him feel better about the situation. As his hand reached the boys chest Nathan could tell why Felix didn't want more ice at the moment he was very cold and the skin seemed a bit dry. Nathan allowed his hand to linger for a couple moments as he smiled at Felix and the butterflies returned to his stomach. He blushed a bit as he then settled next to Felix to watch whatever it was the boy wanted to show him. Nathan watched as Felix searched through YouTube for the desired video only a few moments later and it seemed he had found what he was looking for as he queued up a video titled "FKG first time - inline.".

Nathan settled in watching intently as the video started. Nate didn't immediately recognize that the small boy on screen was Felix mostly due to how much padding he had on but he thought it kind of looked like his friend. However as soon as he saw Felix's dad it clicked and he realized they were watching a video of the first time Felix ever tried skating. This along with just how cute little Felix was brought a smile to his face. Watching the video Nathan actually found most of it pretty cute and just kept smiling as the determined little Felix just kept getting back up and trying again and again. Nathan had always admired that kind of tenacity and often found himself a bit envious of people who seemed to just have that quality about them. Nathan found himself looking over at Felix quite often just watching the boys expression as he seemed to cheer up even more as the video played. It was clear he enjoyed watching this and thought it was a bit funny seeing himself flail around helplessly. As the end of the video came Nathan cringed seeing young Felix ram into the back of a car. Only feeling worse as the camera picked up the sad and painful look on the boy's face as the video stopped.

Nathan looked over at Felix meeting the young boy's gaze. Nathan smiled he clearly didn't like how that video ended but he knew Felix was fine after all he is sitting right next to him. After a few moments of just looking into his eyes Nathan realized that Felix was clearly wondering what he thought about the video. He took a moment to compose his thoughts before starting to write out his message. "Sooo can we like put you back in five year old Felix's body cause like you were soooooo adorable and cute... Not that your not cute now but little Felix just <3<3. Also I... I wish I had your tenacity but i'm just a weak little wimp crybaby." Nathan looked away from Felix as his Ipad spoke a few little tears welling up in his eye.

efb41f6ca66479d7c1831b86b7a22ab1.jpg

Felix

Mood
Nostalgic / Slightly embarrassed

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathan)

Mentions
None

Nathan would suddenly receive a poke to the cheek as he looked away in tears. "Nate... Nate!" Felix trying to get his friend to face him properly instead of just looking away from him. Felix then putting a hand on his friends shoulder, gripping tightly and supportively and continued while giving a determined smile. "Why do you think I wanted to show you that..? You saw how-like bad I was back then. Yeah I was like 4 or 5 or something but like, you saw I was bad. Like- I could barely stand up even less than you can on 'em." Felix took his hand off Nathan's shoulder.
"After I got hurt there I was apparently soo afraid. I tried to give up. I didn't want to ever get on skates again. I-like even tried chucking them away by hiding them near the trash can." Felix had a thoughtful, reminiscing smile for a moment. "But my Dad wouldn't let me get away with that, and-like..." Felix laughed a little. "Look at me now. I love skating more than almost any other thing. I've probably spent more time on 'em than I have at school!" Which might sound like an exaggeration but given that Felix easily has spent 20-30 hours a week on skates, and even more during holidays basically non-stop since he was a little kid the math very well may be right.

Felix looked down at the phone again smiling cheek to cheek. "...Whenever I'm afraid - and I don't think I can do something I just think about this video. Or the other videos my Dad took when I was super young and I think about how something I found super hard and upset me, that I cried over and frustrated me and I never wanted to do... Became my favourite thing ever, the one thing I think I'm best at. If I can do that-like I can try whenever it's hard.." Felix looked Nate directly in the eye. "So.. I thought that maybe if I showed you this maybe it'd help you not feel like.. As frustrated, or like afraid I guess? If that makes sense, Kay?"

"...And hey,- like no way I don't wanna get even shorter!" Felix then replied to Nathan's wish to Felix being returned to his Five-years old self. Nathan clearly seeing Felix defensively blush a little at being called cute and adorable. Felix actually looking a away a little at realising he'd turned a bit red. "And I'm not cute..."

fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg
puma-sunglasses-PJ0001S-009.jpg

Last edited:
Asher
Mood
content.

Interact
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack) Dawnstar Dawnstar (Evelyn)

Mention
None

Asher just listened as both his friends responded before suddenly just shaking his head and putting a smile on. " yeah... Yeah your right no point letting him ruin our night... I already almost did that once." He spoke confidently as he pulled himself from the dark reaches of his own head. They were right it shouldn't be too hard to avoid Jordan he would likely be caught up having fun with his friends all night. And Asher certainly didn't drag Jack out of his room just to have himself mope around all night. If Jordan was going to have fun then Asher was going to have fun too. Asher began eating his food at a much more normal pace his mood returning to Asher's normal middle ground attitude. As all the emotions from the evening began to fade he noticed his arm tingling a bit. something that normally happened when nothing was covering it for a longer period of time simply due to the fact that it wasn't use to the fresh air. Asher fidgeted a little shacking his arm as if he was trying to wake it up or something as he tried to push his insecurity to the back of his mind.

"Oh and I'm glad to hear that Felix is okay he looked a mess earlier... to be fair that whole thing is kinda my fault but... but we have moved past it. Also even if I don't like someone that doesn't mean I want them to die!" he said that last part Jokingly as he lightly Nudges Evelyn with his shoulder. Then looking to his friends sat on his either side he smiled knowing that these two people were some of the most important people to him that he had in his life and they were both with him right now. Asher honestly had no clue how he never shook Evelyn off. Sure she would get mad at him sometimes and he at her. But no matter what he did she always seemed to come back. She had always been a rock for Asher and he truly cared about her after all she was one of only two people who were consistently part of his life. And Jack well Jack was a much welcomed addition to his small circle of close friends. " Umm have you two been properly introduced? I know you like to keep your circle small Jack but like your probably gonna have to get used to Ev being around at least sometimes. She's been like a sister and a best friend for like all of my life soooo." Asher formally introduced the two not knowing that they had their own bit of drama earlier. Then taking a big sip of his soda as he waited for the pairs reaction to each other. He had noticed that they had seemed to be ignoring each other but figured it was just Jack not being the kind of guy to introduce himself or strike up much conversation. And that Evelyn was just well being her "detached" self.

"This girl has stuck by my side through some pretty bad stuff... Really bad stuff. " he added remembering some of the times she had stuck by his side despite how hard he tried to push her away. Asher knew without her their was a good chance he would be in juvey or worse by now and he hoped she knew how much he truly did appreciate her.
GUEST_d7c1e40b-f418-4c8b-adb2-764c49f81255
peacocks-beach-white-shorts.jpg
713N2MyyVrL._AC_UY395_.jpg

Nate

Mood
Happy/ a little emotional

Interact

Mention

Nathan reluctantly looked back to Felix. Tears welling in his eyes as Felix explained his purpose for showing the video. Wiping the tears away with his are as he began to regain his composure. A small smile appearing on his face as his friend spoke. Once Felix finished Nathan once again grabbed his IPad to preare his response as Felix turned away seeming a bit embarrassed. " Okay... I I get it... I really liked watching the video but I just I don't think I can be like you. Everything makes me so scared and... and I just freeze up its like I have no control." Nathan paused letting the IPad speak as he thought a bit more. Was that really true? Sure that had always been how things went in the past for Nathan but when Felix was teaching him how to skate everything was fine. Sure he got a little scared a couple of times but he never just froze up completely like he usually did. "Except... except when you were teaching me I mean I got scared a couple times but like I...I kept going I dont know why? But like it didn't feel as scary with you there holding me... You you made me feel safe... You made me feel like even though I was really scared everything was going to be okay. And and it was but if I was on my own... If I was on my own I probably would have died." Nathan added as he thought more about the situation.

Nathan hadn't really considered it before everything moved so fast he didn't even have time to think about it. But Nathan knew he would have never gotten as far as he did if it wasn't for Felix. Heck he knew he would have never even put the skates on by himself. Yet he skated and he had fun so much fun he wanted to do it again and get better so they could skate together. Nathan thought back to the moments right before he actually got to his feet for the first time. He remembered hearing his mom freaking out in his head but then he saw Felix. Felix wasn't scared he was confident and that confidence radiated from him when Nathan felt it, it was almost like his mothers voice disappeared and he wasn't so scared anymore. Sure he was still a bit nervous but it was nothing like the debilitating fear he normally felt. This Caused his mind to wander to all the times he got so scared he just shut down and one thing remained consistent his mother's voice. Every time he was scared he heard his mother freaking out and telling him it wasn't safe and that he shouldn't do it. For the first time Nathan began to realize that his mother's protectiveness seemed to be what made him so afraid of everything.

"I guess... when I get scared I just Imagine how my mom would react I can just hear her freaking out worried that I'm gonna get hurt and I just shut down... But when I was getting ready to skate and I started to hear her... I saw you and I saw how confident you were and I... I just knew that you would keep me safe then I couldn't hear her anymore." He added that final statement smiling at his friend as the IPad spoke

Felix

Mood
Supportive

Interact

Mentions
None

As soon as the British voice began to play from Nate's iPad, the brief short-lived embarrassment Felix felt over being call cute and adorable just faded away instantly. It wasn't that strong, just Felix would always be self-conscious being called it by other kids, most people just wanting to tease him or bully him around it like they do for his size. He never minded when his Dad or Cayleb would call him it, actually Felix would find it pretty funny to play into because it seemed to make them both smile and laugh.

"My Mom hates it as well. -Like skating and... all the fun things Dad teach me and let me do." Felix feeling a bit sympathetic over their 'overbearing' mothers. "But- like.. Neither of them are wrong that it's dangerous and I kinda love it 'cus of that." Felix laughed a little for a moment, before his expression soured a little. "-I can't promise you won't get hurt. You will probably fall down a lot, and come home covered in bruises and be aching. I know I do. ...And so I get why your afraid but.."

Felix gently nudged Nathan with his elbow. "I know you looked like you were having a lot of fun too. -and so.. I want to keep teaching you if you want to. I want to help you learn to skate on your own, and like-I said I can't promise but I will still try and keep you as safe as I can. ...And maybe like once you get good enough you'll be able to do what I can. Look back at your ability to skate and tell yourself 'If I could that, then I got nothing to be afraid of here' when you try something else dangerous. It's what I always do!" Felix trying to help shake off some of Nathan's anxiety, he can't promise it wont hurt. That it won't be ever dangerous but he saw how much Nathan liked it and... Felix did want a skating buddy too but that wasn't just it right now. No it was also about helping Nathan be more brave, a little more confident and able to do what he wants.

"It's why I showed you that video right? Like when I'm afraid to do something I can look at this and know I-like 'I already smashed my fear. If I can do that with Skating, or with the Climbing Wall, or -you get it-..I can do it with whatever this is!' ..Kinda -like makes things a little less scary once you've got past a bunch of other scary stuff. You know?"

fashion-3d-printed-mens-summer-surfing-shorts-quick-dry-beach-swim-trunks_1553603348667.jpg

Last edited:
Jack

Mood
A bit nervous

Interact
Asher, Evelyn

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia Dawnstar Dawnstar

Jack sat there in silence as Asher and Evelyn spoke. He had no clue who this Felix kid was, nor did he have a desire to find out. He had barely even processed that quick episode where Asher went to save that drowning kid and came back. It had happened all so fast- the kiss, the swift rescue from Asher- it all seemed so unreal. But that was all behind him now. He was focused on growing his new friendship with Asher to be even stronger now after that previous mishap.

The brown haired boy felt tense as he was indirectly mentioned by Evelyn, though not by name. Surely this girl was disgusted by the sight of him, he thought. Had he just made an enemy in his room by not wanting to talk to this girl? Possibly, but Jack didn't feel he was in the wrong here nor was anything his fault. So what if he didn't want to talk to people, he thought, people should respect that, shouldn't they? He just sat in silence and ate his chicken with fries.

He felt himself tense up as his eyes widened when Asher started speaking to him again. This time, he was talking to Jack, asking if he had met Evelyn before. Well, the answer to that was certainly a "yes," but the last those two left off, it wasn't so good. Evelyn had seemingly frustratedly given up on the boy when it became clear Jack was too shy and didn't want to talk much to her. Even though the two had already met, unbeknownst to Asher, Jack couldn't help but feel a little angry at Jack for attempting to introduce him to new people at this party. The whole point of him originally sticking with Asher the whole time was to avoid situations just like this. Why was Asher trying to get Jack acquainted with "new" people? Asher had just helped him avoid a social interaction with that Hannah girl, gaining Jack's trust further. Why was he doing the complete opposite here?

Jack's cheeks went red as his eyes went wide as he stared down at his plate of food and went silent, the mood becoming extremely tense and awkward. He figured he'd just keep his mouth shut. Yes indeed, both Evelyn and Jack had met, but of course, it wasn't exactly a pleasant meeting towards the end of the encounter. Asher was right though, Jack liked to keep his "inner circle" extremely small, why in the world was he saying that Jack would have to get used to Evelyn? It was all a load of garbage for all he cared. Just because Evelyn was like a sister figure to Asher didn't mean he had to get acquainted with the older teen girl too. Besides, Jack didn't need some silly "older sister figure." He was an only child after all and had been an only child for his whole life. He had survived just fine without many friends and zero siblings. Yes, Jack could tell Asher had good intentions with his words, but what did he know about Jack? He didn't know what Jack needed, they had only been friends for around two days now.

Sure, it was nice and all that Asher had that older sister figure to talk to here at the home and it was certainly good for him that Evelyn had helped him through some tough times, but Jack didn't need that. To him, he thought he could handle things in life just perfectly on his own. He didn't need her, nor anyone. He'd told himself now that Asher was the only person he'd stick around from now on and that this boy would be his only friend. He had to keep his inner circle small in his mind, after all. Jack just took a big sip of his soda, refusing to look at either Asher or Evelyn. He felt as if Evelyn's eyes were glaring at him and piercing through his soul, but he didn't want to look up and find out if it was true or not in the moment. All he knew was he had made an awful impression on this girl and the older teen most likely resented him for it and for shutting her out of his life so early on. "How nice...." Jack muttered very faintly in response to Asher telling him about how great Evelyn had been for him. He still refused to look at either of them and just stared down at his food blankly, his cheeks slightly tinted a shade of bright red.

Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

Nathan smiled carefully watching Felix as he spoke. It all made sense and Nathan thought maybe Felix was right maybe one day he would be able to look back on this. Maybe he would be able to say you know what I thought skating was scary and I thought I would never be able to do that but I did. Maybe he wasn't as much of a wimp as he thought he was. He thought back to the video some more and how helpless Felix was on his skates to begin with. The Image of the cute little Felix falling again and again making him chuckle a bit. He knew one thing for sure he was glad he had Felix to teach him or he would have never found it fun that he was sure of. Nathan continued to chuckle lightly to himself as he typed on his IPad.

" Well I did have a lot of fun skating and your a really good teacher. And like you made me really feel like I could do it!! I really do wanna learn I just... I still want you there with me." Nathan Smiled to his friend he felt extremely grateful to suddenly have Felix in his life. Finally he had someone his age to hang out with that not only didn't make it seem like an inconvenience to hang out with him due to his deafness but even seemed like he wanted to hang out with him. Most people weren't generally mean to Nathan but that doesn't mean they really wanted to take the extra time required to include him in on things but Felix just seemed to do it without a care in the world. "But I don't know if ill ever be a super awesome, good looking, fearless, skater boy like you." he added as he Gave Felix a quick hug Being careful not to squeeze to hard. "Thank you for everything."

Nathan noticed the skin at and around Felix's bruised rib was really dry and glanced down seeing a bit ashyness on the skin. It seemed the ocean along with the cold Ice had really done a number to the boy's skin. Nathan reached for his bag rummaging through it a bit before pulling out some moisturizer and setting it in front of Felix. "I just noticed your ribs were really dry... so idk you might want to put some of that on but I guess thats up to you. I am gonna go get us a treat!! be right back!!" Nathan set the Ipad down as it was still speaking and quickly hurried off to grab the saved sorbet this wasn't really a keep Felix from doing anything situation. It was more of a I saw you eyeing it and Made sure you got some thing. Basically Nate wanted to impress Felix in some way show him he cared and he hoped Felix wouldn't take it the wrong way. Nathan returned quickly wit the sorbet handing one to Felix as he sat down and started typing on his Ipad again. "I saw your eyes light up when you saw these earlier so I had Evelyn Hide a couple for us." He took his first bite as the Ipad spoke. He savored the taste of yet another delicious creation of Evelyn's making smiling wide as the sweetness and watermelon flavor made his taste bud go crazy with delight.

Evelyn

Mood
Cheerful / Cold

Interact

Mention
Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack)

Evelyn smiled as Asher seemed to snap out of his cowering mindset - it didn't suit her friend at all. "Hey, I never said you were heartless! But you were the one who I believe muttered behind Mrs Richardson's back 'Yeah he's welcome to kiss my butt' or something You know before grabbing and threatening the kid who'd just been signed off the hospital that morning." Evelyn letting a little more slip than she realised, having overheard days prior to Felix's arrival it had been delayed due to medical clearance. "People talk Ash', though I know you don't want everyone to know your a good guy under all that.." She nudged Ash' back being in pretty high spirits and enjoying her tofu-burger. It felt kinda nice to just sit back and chill out feeling very similar feelings about the fourteen year old. Ev' had been in foster care her entire life she could remember, nothing dates back to her prior to being just abandoned and she'd seen soo many people come and go, broken or breaking. Ash' was far from perfect but he'd been there with her throughout a good half her life almost - more than anyone else.

Then Ash' started the introduction process between her and Jack. Ev's cheerful face not faulting at all still seemingly happy and in control as she leaned back in her chair taking a sip of one of her own Soda's. "Ash' we've met. You took such a liking at dinner last night to 'em, I remembered. So when they didn't come down for breakfast. I brought 'em food up, went and said hi, asked 'em about their hockey." Evelyn then just shrugged, she still seemed cheerful though her tone had this frosty-coldness Ash would recognise - very impersonal, no names or nicknames, no letting anything out. "Your friend wasn't interested. Maybe I'm just not enough fan. Point is I tried, and they asked for me not to talk to them and pretend they're not here."

"Easy enough. One less person for me to worry about.."
Evelyn just casually raising her can of soda like raising a toast to someone before taking sipped on her drink, not once even looking in Jack's direction during all of that. She didn't sound upset, she didn't sound like she felt anything on the matter. Just this coldly-distant cheerfulness.

wccbr004_caine_f.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Felix

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix hugged his friend back pretty tightly, purposefully squeezing Nathan as hard as he could to playfully get a squeak of a reaction out of Nathan. He was happy to see Nathan cheer up and stop crying - but more over than that he just playfully wanted to get a reaction. Felix seemed like he was pretty much back to his old self mostly, Nathan backing off and having this chat relighting a bit more of a fire in his eyes again though it still wasn't running as golden-hot with energy as normal it was back.
"Hahaha, well I'm not gonna just hold your hands the whole time. If you wanna get better you're gonna have to put work in!" Felix informed Nathan. "Buuut-like, I'll be there to help pick you back up and get your back on those wheels when you fall! You're my student now." Felix grinned widely looking really happy to be able to say that. "And- I don't know about that, when you're having fun and forgetting about your fear you're already super cool and cute looking on 'em. Just need to get you a little more brave and teach you some awesome moves!!" He nudged Nathan giving a bit of a wink. Felix accidentally letting slip the word cute but it not registering in his head that he'd said it. It was true though.

As Nathan ran off Felix continued to laugh a little bit and felt the rubbery-dry skin of his chest, and did decide to apply a little of the moisturiser to it. When Nathan returned however Felix's eyed opened wide seeing the delicious treat brought over. "Yeess Nate!" Felix quickly taking the sweet watermelon treat and quickly digging in, and only by sheer coincidence avoiding brain freeze from the delicious and heat-beating treat. "Mmnnmmmm this is soo good! What even is this called anyway?" Felix questioned with his mouth full of the stuff, not sure what iin the world these were called, only that it was cold, sugary and delicious.

Meanwhile Nathan would see playing on his own phone, sat on Felix's lap in full screen was another video. "FKG & CJ - 7yo Inline basketball part 1" It appeared to be another video of young Felix, a little older than before and a lot more confident (though still pretty sketchy and wobbly when trying tricks) rolling around with another kid who looked about the same age as him - though as the little kids introduced themselves to the camera side-by-side Felix was clearly a few inches taller than his opponent. The two boys playing basketball while on rollerblades against a hoop hung on the outside of Felix's garage. The two boys just having silly fun back and fourth and only occasionally being a show-off to another and the camera trying to do like a twirl and spin - with about a 60/40 success rate of landing it sketchy and then posing vs faceplanting, sliding along the concrete unharmed due to the pads and relatively-tame speeds and then just getting back up and trying again.

Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

As Nathan had headed off to get the sorbet treats it hit him. Something Felix had said hadn't registered right away but as he walked he realized. Wait!! Did Felix just call me cute? He DID HE TOTALLY DID!!! Wait... does that mean he likes me too? Well obviously he likes me but does he LIKE me? It's not normal to just call your friends cute right? Like normally boys don't just call boys cute do they? Unless they like them? Nathan's head was overrun with thoughts was this the proof he needed was this proof that Felix liked him too did this mean Felix liked boys? He thought so it seemed like that was the case. Even though he could just be reading this whole thing wrong this gave Nathan the sign he needed to maybe start exploring his feelings. To start seeing if Felix did truly feel the same way and see where things go. As Nathan made his way back to Felix he was over the moon. The biggest possible smile spread across his face a bit lost in his own world as he sat down enjoying his sorbet.

Nate was so absorbed in his own world he almost completely missed Felix's question. Nate snapped out of it though as he saw Felix's lips moving. Luckily Nathan had been unable to take his eyes off is friend as he contemplated what all of this meant. He smiled picking up his Ipad "OH yeah its pretty good isn't it!! Ev' makes a lot of really good stuff when she decides she is in the mood. Ummm I think this is called Sorbet... Yeah I am pretty sure that's what it is." Nate honestly wasn't completely sure what the delicious treat was called he just knew it was good. Nate then looking down at the video playing on his phone giving a little chuckle as he saw Felix and his friend just being goofballs skating and playing Basketball. "okay how about we shove you back into this version of you.... still cute and stuff but your a little bigger." Nathan allowed the Ipad to finish before adding. " I'm Just kidding I like you... Exactly the way you are." He smiled as he placed a hand on Felix's torso running his fingers gently across a few of the scars on the boys' body.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Mildly Frustrated

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix was very much enjoying the frozen treat, his only upset was that the disposable cups Evelyn had used to serve them up was already close to empty - the preteeen having devoured the frozen treat soo fast it was a wonder he didn't have brain freeze. Though if you asked his friend Cayleb it was because Felix's traded half his brains away doing the crazy-stuff he does without a fear in the world. Felix having his last oversized mouthful of the frozen treat when he can't help but laugh a little at hearing Nathan's message play, having a briefly catch himself to make sure he didn't somehow choke on the frozen ice.
"Heyy, not like I was that cute was i!?" Felix shook his head a little though looked to the phone. The video on screen of him and his friend, along with several others in the playlist besides them at various different ages. His Dad liked taking a lot of home videos as Nate would clearly be able to see looking at all the thumbnails on the video page, having a lot more videos of Cute KId!Felix at various ages.

"...Kinda miss being like that age tho.. My parent's never fought or argued back then, and none of the other kids cared about what we wore except for like if one of us got light-ups; then we were like the coolest!" Felix grinned at the memory - it was clearly something he hadn't outgrown the love of given the amount of glow-in-the-dark and the wheels on his skate. In fairness he hadn't really outgrown them size-wise either just socially embarrassed.
"-And I was still taller than Cayleb then! ..But that it didn't last much longer, everyone else started having growth spurts and I just- didn't."
He pouted a little, in slight overdramatic playfulness. Heart on his sleeve despite his 'acting' there was some genuine frustration showing here, Felix clearly somewhat self-concious about now being just the shortest kid of his age he knew - that kids two or three year years younger could match or beat him. Even with his skates on Felix was only just about the height of Nathan, and he kinda felt tiny compared to him when his friend was riding around on 'em and Felix wasn't. Being short was stupid!!

"Huh- hey careful that kinda tickles!" Felix then squirmed and twisted a little as Nathan started feeling along the patchwork of scars on his chest. The newer and fresher ones being especially sensitive after they healed over. He tried not to retaliate, Nathan clearly not trying to tickle him.

Asher
Mood
content.

Interact

Mention
None

Asher could feel the tension grow the moment he "introduced" his friends and it quickly became a very awkward situation for him sitting between his two slightly conflicting friends. Asher wasn't sure how to respond or what to do. Given the description of events relayed by Evelyn he knew how he could handle this situation if it was only her stubbornness that he needed to combat. However that was not the case he also had his new friend Jack who he really didn't know that well yet. One thing he did know though was that his Stubbornness was much harder to break through and Asher hadn't yet developed any tricks for doing so. He sat quietly for almost a minute trying to figure out how to respond, How to defuse this situation.

After about a minute sitting quietly eating his food and trying to gauge the situation Asher spoke softly trying to keep any sort of confrontational tones from his voice. "Ah so you two did meet. Don't umm Don't take it personal Evelyn Jack just well he doesn't really like talking to people I guess." Asher paused he really wasn't sure if his plan for Jack was going to work or backfire in his face. Especially given he had no real clue where the boy's head was at with this whole situation given that he is a man of so few words. That of course only making things worse. "Umm Jack I... don't take anything the wrong way man... I'm not like trying to force you to be friends with her or like make you talk to her or anything I... I was Just saying we are really close friends and that she has been a rock for me so it is likely that she will be around us sometimes... Like I get that you don't like talking to people and stuff and that's fine I was just saying you are probably going to have to get use to her presence Ya know?" Asher hoped he had read Jack's body language correctly and that he was addressing the correct concern but he really had no way of knowing. He also had no clue if what he said would fix the situation even if he was correct about what was wrong. Jack was a tough nut to crack and Asher certainly hadn't figured out how to do it yet.

Asher then just sat quietly in the awkward air trying to eat his still overflowing plate of food. The one thing Asher knew was that things were going to be miserable if he wasn't able to reduce or eliminate the bit of conflict that his friends seemed to have. Asher couldn't help but chuckle to himself a bit as he realized. He of all people was the middle ground in this situation, He was the voice of reason per say. That Idea seemed wild to him given how he usually was. Being the middle ground was not something anyone would likely expect from Asher and yet here he was trying to help his friends to be at least civil with each other. Not that either were being hostile necessarily but there was certainly still a fair amount of tension between them and Asher was literally caught in the middle of it right now.

Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

Nathan chuckled a bit Felix may not think he was cute but Nathan had his own mind made up about that fact. As far as he was concerned Felix was extremely cute. Nathan didn't completely understand why he felt that way but he knew that he did. "Hey don't worry about it... Maybe you are a little shorter than other boys out age... But I like it... It's part of what makes you well you and I like you sooo I wouldn't change a thing!" Nathan smiled as his Ipad spoke. While gently running his fingers along the scars on Felix's torso. Felix's sudden squirming causing Nathan to quickly pull his hand away. "s...sorry I just think they are kinda cool... You probably don't though ill... Ill ignore them." Nathan certainly looked a bit concerned seeing that his touching of Felix's scars could have caused the boy to hurt himself from the tickling sensation. But the worry on his face only lasted a couple of seconds before he put his empty spoon in his mouth a look of confusion suddenly spreading across his face as he looked down noticing his sweet treat had sadly all been consumed. Nathan placed the small disposable dish on his empty plate with a clearly over exaggerated look of sadness at the sorbet's disappearance.

" So you think your good to go for a little walk or?" Nathan typed on his Ipad standing as it read aloud waiting for his friend's answer he gathered all the trash from the boy's meal preparing to toss it in a bin as they headed out for their walk. Nathan was already pretty confident that Felix would be Jumping at the chance to do something other than sit there so he knew they would be off before long. As he smiled at his friend so many questions continued to fill his mind Nathan knew he needed to talk to someone. He knew he needed to figure out what all these thoughts and feelings meant and how he should proceed because he hadn't the slightest clue. Knowing there was likely only one boy here who would be able to help much with this situation Nate pulled out his phone shooting Asher a quick text. "Hey I need to like talk to you about some stuff...ya know about Felix. Maybe later tonight? or tomorrow?" with the text sent Nathan slipped his feet into his flip flops grabbing his camera bag and slinging it over a shoulder as Felix got ready to go.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Mildly Frustrated

Interact

Mentions
None

Felix still pouted for a moment after Nathan's initial reply. A little short, that was an understatement of the year! Felix picking up his old basketball jersey that he felt like h's worn since-like forever, the few darkened patches where there had been stains later washed out. Still wasn't like Nathan said anything to upset him with it. Even Ash' after he stopped being such a Jerkface wasn't mean about it. It made Felix kinda upset to think about... Even with his friend trying to encourage him. Saying it was just part of him.

Shaking his head the preteen just threw the Jersey up and over his head. He couldn't, no he wasn't gonna just mope around. Felix kinda running hands through his hair trying to fix it up for a moment before giving a goofy smile, the sunglasses falling from his forehead down onto the bridge of his nose and - then laughing a little. "Haha, hey." Felix kinda just blinked at the shades for a moment before pushing them more comfortably on his nose. "Oh but the scars are cooool! -Just-like it really kinda tickled when you did that. If you wanna touch 'em you can, doesn't hurt or anything."

"Huh. Oh wait, really-? Yeah."
Felix did throw himself to his feet quickly as Nathan inviting him to go for that walk. Slipping his shoes back on quickly as he got moving pretty fast but it didn't seem like he was in very much pain now - only a slight twitch on his face now the swelling and the spasm in his chest had subsided. He wasn't at full speed still but he wasn't going to be wincing or struggling at all, just in some mild discomfort. "Aaah-oww... Okay, Yep all good. Just gotta-go at like little slower than normal..!" Stating the obvious of what Nathan had been saying the whole time, though he had a smile on his face. Felix then grabbing Nathan's phone from the lounger and carrying it with him for now, not having any pockets in his swim trunks otherwise.

unknown.png

Jack

Mood
Slightly irritated

Interact
Asher, Evelyn

Mention

Jack cleared his throat, staring down at his plate of food, "No need for introductions...." he said softly. He took a bit of an aggressive bit of one of his pieces of chicken. "I appreciate this whole 'thing' you hope to get going for me, but I can assure you I don't need to 'get used to her presence,'" he said, almost mockingly with air quotes. He rolled his eyes. Once again, he wondered what did Asher know? For all Jack was concerned, he was full of it. There was no way he needed to "get used to her presence," the whole idea sounded stupid. Of course Jack could continue to avoid the older teen goal for as long as he was trapped in that stupid house. Besides, school was set to start pretty soon, so he'd have to focus on that anyways. It also seemed, thanks to Jack's own doing, that Evelyn had just about had it with him and his frustrating stubbornness. Luckily for Jack, it seemed like she had no problem leaving him alone, but Jack could help but think she might hold some sort of ill-will towards him, although it clearly wasn't the actual case.

Jack just shook his head and rolled his eyes again, refusing to look at either of the two teens near him. He just continued staring down at his plate, looking a bit grumpy, as he continued eating his chicken and fries. "
What a load of shit," he thought to himself in his head. Of course, Jack always thought he knew was was the best for him. His justification was usually the fact that he believed he had gotten through life just fine surrounding himself with one or two people and keeping withdrawn from others. If he had made it this far on his own intuition, what was to say he couldn't make it here at the foster home using his own better judgement? He really wanted nothing to do with anyone here at the home with the exception of his new friend Asher.

Evelyn

Mood
Irritated / Confused / Jealous / Protective

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher) Edric Blight Edric Blight (Jack)

Mention

As Jack spoke and began using that mocking tone and aggressive tone, for the first time throughout all of this Evelyn's head turned and her eyes focused to look Jack in the eyes as he munched down on that chicken and proclaimed his intention - adding what Evelyn could only read as a personal insult with him adding air quotes. The teen girl looking both baffled by the sheer ignorance and also just hurt, despite Asher's attempted reassurance that it wasn't personal.

Evelyn immediately looking back to Ash her expression one of her clearly being both irritated, yet also just astonished. "...Given your friend doesn't seem capable of comprehending the basic social concept; that for some reason you have and might chose to hang around with more than one friend at a time, and that, in turn it might require him to at minimum get used to tolerating somebody else's presence other than yourself for at least five minutes - and that in no way needs us to, nor are you asking for us to become friends or even interact outside that." Evelyn took a deep breath from her run-on-sentence. Jack's shyness and stubbornness pressing into purposeful ignorance and unwillingness to even listen to what Ash, who was supposedly his own friend was saying that had more than kinda pissed her off. "All despite the fact Ash, that you kindly even decided explaining this very basic part of the normal social contract to him. Yet he just.. Ignored everything you just said..?"

"Well why should I get in the way of you and what your new 'friend' wants then. This is either personal or your not allowed other friends. I'll see you later Ash." The teen girl's expression immediately shifted putting a slight mocking empathises of her own on one word and then just smiling as calmly as ever as if nothing had ever happened. She turned picking up her remaining food and drink, legitimately forgetting one of the primed can ready to explode now just sat on the table - before simply striding off down the beach, putting her sunglasses down over her eyes as she went and flicking her back-length hair over his shoulder behind her.

Jack wasn't simply being shy or stubborn at this point, he was being an ass. Or maybe this was to become Ash's next manipulative relationship, guilt tripping Ash into not hanging out with anyone else because they are 'don't like talking to people or somethin' - Ev' was unsure if that was the objective reality of what was happening, or if a haze of protective jealousy had taken hold. Maybe both. Twice in one day now that new hockey kid's stubbornness had pushed her out of her cool. Or maybe it was the perceived risk to her own friendship with Ash' that had done it.
Evelyn needed to go clear her head somewhere...

wccbr004_caine_f.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Nate

Mood
Happy

Interact

Mention

Nate Smiled nervously as Felix got up he could see the boy was still in some discomfort but he stopped himself from intervening trusting that Felix would take things at his own pace. And that the boy would tell him if he didn't feel up to moving around. The boys headed off Nathan making a point of walking past a trash bin as they went. After depositing the trash Nate gingerly took his phone from Felix typing out a short message. " Just like tell me if you need to slow down or take a break ok?" he handed the phone back with a slightly concerned look and a reassuring smile. Just wanting Felix to know that he was still concerned but was putting everything in Felix's hands. After all it was his body it wasn't like Nate could feel what pain or discomfort his friend was in.

The two boys walked practically hand in hand just without actually holding hands. Nathan had considered trying to hold Felix's hand but couldn't gather the courage to actually do so. Nor did he really understand why he had such a strong desire to do so. But figured it must be this "crush" he apparently had for his friend. Of course he still wasn't sure he knew exactly what it meant only that it made him feel lots of ways he had never felt before and filled his brain constantly with questions and worries and desires to do things like hold Felix's hand or hug him or just be close to him. It was all so confusing to the young boy and he knew he was going to need some time to himself at some point to just think through things.

The sun was slowly setting more and more in the evening sky as the boys walked along the beach enjoying the beautiful scenery and nice weather as the evening breeze cooled the otherwise hot summer air. Nathan looked around at the crowds of people spotting a group playing volleyball he tried to imagine what it sounded like when someone smacked the ball with their hand. He chuckled a bit to himself as he imagined a slightly airy thud which he proceeded to actually try and produce with his mouth quietly but still audible enough to be heard by Felix. The sound of course sounded nothing like that of someone hitting a ball but the Idea amused Nathan non the less.
71mP6KAwbBL._AC_UY395_.jpg

Asher
Mood
empty/defeated

Interact

Mention
None

Asher sat listening as Jack spoke squeezing his hand into a fist under the table causing his knuckles to turn white. Not because he wanted to punch Jack or anyone for that matter he just found himself frustrated and didn't know how to deal with it. He didn't understand the issue or how to solve it. Jack's stubbornness was certainly something to be rivaled and he was beginning to question how he ever managed to get through it in the first place to actually become friends with the boy. Though he figured the few hundred dollars he spent on a hockey stick probably helped. This thing I am trying to do for him? I... I'm not trying to do anything I am just... She is my friend too he has to realize even if he doesn't want to be her friend or talk to her. She is still going to be around I mean it's not like I am just going to shove off my best and longest friendship for him. Ugg I don't know what the hell to.... His internal monologue was cut short as Evelyn spoke up clearly frustrated, clearly upset. Asher sat stunned as she essentially read the riot act.

As she finished her rant and stormed off. Well as close storming off as Ev' ever got with her very apathetic outer shell. Asher didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to say as Ev' turned her back walking away he turned towards her opening his mouth prepared to beg for her forgiveness on Jack's behalf, to beg her to stay but no words came from his mouth as he just turned back towards his plate and started eating again in silence. Asher didn't know what to to do, What he could do. Everything he had done today ended up just blowing up in his face. Nothing has gone right and now he just felt the wait of it all come crashing down on him. He wasn't sad nor was he angry he had spent to much time the last 48 hours feeling both of those emotions and it was as if he was just incapable of feeling either right now. Instead Asher just felt nothing the only thing he knew was that his safest bet was just to do nothing but eat his food and wait for this disaster of a night to come to an end. He resigned to his fate and just continued slowly eating not saying a word not moving a muscle that wasn't required for eating. He wondered if he made the right decision with trying to change himself. Ever since he decided he was going to be a new man nothing had gone right and he just wanted to turn everything off again push everyone away and not have to care. Luckily something inside of him wasn't going to let that happen deep down he knew that wasn't the right answer no matter how much it felt as if it were.

Asher sat quietly the rest of the party hardly acknowledging anyone around him. Even if Jack got up to leave before him all he would do was give a simple nod in acknowledgment before shutting off again. It was now getting late the party was winding down most of the guests had already left leaving just the kids who lived at the home and the staff. The beach now lit only by the moon and some Tiki torches that had been lit a couple hours before. Asher quietly got up deposited his trash in a bin before grabbing the extra soda Evelyn had left. It was warm but Asher didn't care he hoped the caffeine would help him feel a little better somehow as he opened it and took a drink. Luckily it had been long enough that the soda settled and didn't spray all over him. As he drank the Soda he silently walked back to the house and headed straight for his room. The Idea to stop by the rec room and watch one of his favorite shows crossed his mind as he knew a new episode would be airing. But he decided he didn't even have the desire to do that right now. Instead he just got to his room closed the door setting the can of soda on his bedside table as he plopped down on his bed. He pulled his phone out opening a folder containing every Photo him and Ev' had ever taken together and just started scrolling reliving each moment in his head as he saw the pictures.

Felix

Mood
Happy / Self-conscious

Interact

Mentions

It'd been a good afternoon - Yeah Felix was beaten up and battered by everything that'd happened but he was always the kind of kid to bounce back and recover fast. Felix practically having forgotten about the fact he's got a black eye except when he goes to touch his face for something. Eventually though after a few hours of walking around, chatting, staring at the sunset and downing some more soda's Felix eventually decided to retire back to the house for the evening - returning Nathan back his shades. Felix parting ways with Nathan to immediately go and use the bathroom after the like three to five soda's he'd downed this afternoon.

Yet before the preteen could retire upstairs he found himself stopped by one of the members of staff. After today Felix kinda bracing himself to get told off but then relaxing as they simply informed the preteen that some packages had arrived for him. Felix finding himself confused, bewildered on why he had stuff arriving in the mail. Kid never got mail from anyone and he'd only been here like.. A day. Felix rushing upstairs to find out what had been left for him, finding two larger boxes and two small packages sitting outside his door. Felix opening his door and brining them inside and putting them onto his bed to figure out what was here. Felix sat himself on his bed, gently kicking his dangling feet with anticipation and picked up one of the smaller package to look at it.

"Who sent me all of this..?" He turned the package over and saw a return address listed. The preteens eyes going wide.
"Wait, that's... Cayleb?" Felix rushing over to his desk and picking up his phone and finding a few text messages on there from Cayleb and his parents wishing him a belated birthday now he's out of the hospital and hoping he'd like the presents. ..Felix practically tearing up a bit as he read the messages. He'd basically forgot his own birthday because of everything that'd happened, never got a chance to celebrate it outside the nurses brining him some cake while he was admitted. He'd begged and hoped Cayleb's parents would take him in but it just didn't work out - not with his family situation as it currently was making legal custody hard.

Felix gently rubbed his eyes trying to brush off the mostly-happy tears before rushing back to his bed and starting to open one the smaller of the packages. Tearing through the cardboard and paper wrapping to reveal. 'Long Seeve, Extra-soft Fleese Zipped Jumpsuit, Tiger Onsie with Hood (Ages 8-9)' Felix just kinda stared at it, blinking in confusion and then laughing. Cayleb knew Felix liked tigers, they were like just the best animal obviously. Best colors, they were fast, and like-had sharp teeth, and were really cute!! Yet Felix as he picked up the plastic wrapped PJs couldn't help blush a little bit. It felt really childish to me smiling at it, it even had a stuffed tailed on it! ...Yet at the same time look how fuzzy and soft they looked. It'd be one thing to wear something like this at home but here... Around all these other kids who might make fun of him.

Yet before Felix spent too long mentally delaying it he suddenly saw Jer-, Felix meant Ash' practically storm past and immediately head to his room. Felix's eyes lighting up suddenly as he looked to his desk, remembering he had the older teens weird arm wrap thing. Hopping to his feet and still holding the Pjs under his arm without realising it, the preteen grabbed the arm wrap and took off down the hall quickly to return it. Finding Ash fully having shut the door just before he got down the hall Felix sighed a little and went and knocked onto the door only know realising as he does so that he's still carrying the present after doing so. Oops. Oh well can't do anything about it now.

...Felix knocking again with the teen likely not answering at first. "Ash. It's Felix I got your arm-cover thingy. Can I come in..?"

kids-reversible-sleeveless-basketball-jersey-t500r-blackwhite-playground.jpg

Last edited:
Evelyn

Mood
Annoyed / Focused

Interact
Nobody

Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang. "Kill Confirmed" The green and purple laptop that sat upon Evelyn's lap echoed aloud. Evelyn had left the party pretty early today. After all that'd happened she couldn't think straight - she couldn't clear her head. Meditation would do nothing, watering her plants nothing, and it was too late in the day to start cooking - so to plan D she went opening up one of the latest shooters she had and going to town with it. You wouldn't think it looking at her but Ev' could be a mean player when she put her mind to it. Right now she had her mind focused solely on wiping the enemy team.

She parted a corner and reached point blank with an enemy she saw on radar. Punch, stab. "Kill confirmed.".
"What's wrong with me? I let that hockey-head get to me twice. No way Ev'. You are in control, you don't need anyone else. It's just that boy. Manipulating everyone with his sob-story and 'I don't like talking to others', and then just disregarding his supposed friends feelings. Ash' gonna get sucked in again- huh on stupid camper..." Evelyn was speaking aloud to herself untill her train of thought interrupted. Ev' saw her health bar take a dive, bullets whizzing across the map as she span around and lobbed a grenade in that vague direction without fully being able to take in stock of what was going on.

'Boom' "Kill confirmed."
"Huh only onel? I defiantly had two shooting at me. Arcs were too far apart. Where'd they go?" The game doing its job as a distraction as Ev' worked to try and track down her virtual assailants. Drowning out of her confusion, her own self-loathing and frustration through simulated violence. Still it bugged her. She wasn't normally like this. She didn't like this. Why was she getting worked up over some new kid who probably won't even survive two weeks here.

wccbr004_caine_f.jpg

Last edited:
Asher
Mood
empty/defeated

Interact
Dawnstar Dawnstar (Evelyn)

Mention
None

Asher having Just settled into his bed felt an overwhelming disgust as he heard a knock at his door. He had no desire to talk to anyone Of course someone had to bug me don't they... Why cant anything go my way today! He thought rolling his eyes in disgust. Just as he was about to probably pretty harshly turn away whatever unidentified visitor stood at his door he heard another knock and Felix's young voice followed. Asher rolled his eyes he still had no desire for company at the moment but he supposed out of the people that might have come knocking Felix was one of the better options. Ash still wanted to turn the boy away but he knew he couldn't after all Felix did have something of his and if he was being honest Asher did want to check on the twelve year old. Asher was about to respond when he was suddenly hit by the realization. He hadn't had his arm covered for most of the evening. Despite that fact he still became instantly self conscious over the scars that trailed up his arm. Asher Jumped out of bed tossing his phone down a selfie of a much younger him and Ev on the Ferris wheel of the Santa Monica pier displayed on the phone both of them looking happy as they smiled away at the camera.

"uh Just... Just a second!!" Asher said as he quickly made his way towards his closet flinging it open he quickly grabbed a Santa Monica High school hoodie throwing it on as he made his way over to the door. Asher took a deep breath preparing himself for the interaction before turning the handle and swinging the door wide open. " Oh hey Felix um come on in" He gave the boy an awkward smile as he headed back to sit on his bed his hair a total mess from throwing the hoodie on moments ago. "You can just toss that on my dresser ill take care of it from there." As Felix entered the room he would see a pristine and meticulously organized space pretty sparse of decoration other than a full sized mirror hung on his closet door and dry erase board with a workout schedule written out on it. the only things on his desk were a few books some notebooks and a pen and pencil each Item was carefully stacked or laid out very neatly. A pullup bar hung above his door and a small set of weights were stacked in the corner.

Asher sat on his bed turning to Felix with a smile. "i'm glad you stopped by I wanted to check on you... How are ya doing if it feeling better? I know we said we are putting that stuff behind us but I still feel like an ass for doing that to ya. Hope it didn't completely ruin the party for ya. Can I... Take a look?" Asher spoke with concern as he looked at the boy who earlier in the day seemed to pretty much be he his worst enemy or something but now here they were no malice no anger for one another. Sure they may not be best of friends or anything yet but at least they were co-existing. Asher was trying his hardest to be sincere and not show how he was truly feeling at the moment because regardless of how he Felt it wasn't Felix's problem and he didn't want to be rude to the young boy. He just hoped nothing bad would come of this interaction.

Felix

Mood
Sincere

Interact

As the older teen answered Felix he nervously smiled to himself, it felt deeply weird to knock on the door on the guy who beat him up earlier like this but.. A promise to get along was a promise, and Felix seriously did need to thank him now for what happened at the beach. As the door was opened and Asher invited the boy inside Felix nodded and followed in shutting the door behind himself before looking around for a second. Felix defiantly didn't expect and but did appreciate how well organised the room was, and like all the weights and the whiteboard - it was pretty familiar for the hyper-athletic preteen. "Oh urm right yeah." Felix nodded and headed over to the dresser to put down the arm-wrap, he didn't really get why Asher wore it- well he kinda did he saw the scars for a moment but he didn't understand the pain behind them.

Felix then heading over towards Asher though clearly still feeling a little uncomfortable with the teen so opting to just stand leaned against his desk instead of sitting besides him. "Huh like from the fight you mean..? Oh urm.. Sure yeah you can have a look, but like- I'm okay. Chest is still pretty sore where you like jammed your knee into -like my ribs. -Like right atop where I just got the stiches out too!" Felix nodded to Asher's request- putting the transparently plastic-wrapped Tiger PJs down on the desk before lifting and basically just taking off his basketball jersey so Asher could see. The massive surgical scar up the indent of Felix's underweight chest, along with the smaller messier scars dotted all over that same side of his chest. All the marks had healed over but were still a little pinkish, fresh and sensitive - so while healed not quite 100% healed yet. Whatever caused these original injuries was clearly real bad.

Felix's body language was pretty chill and relaxed, he didn't seem super upset or anything here. "But it's feeling a lot better now than it did earlier. Just was-like stupid of me to try and go swimming like that. I think I pulled a muscle or something trying to swim, like-with Nathan holding onto me too." There was a slightly rosy blush to his cheeks for a moment thinking about that moment though it clearly hadn't clocked in the preteen's head. As for the injury the swelling does appear to have entirely gone away, though it's still bruised but not too bad.

Felix then pausing for a second as he clearly looked to be almost swallowing his preteen pride little. "Um Ash.. Thanks for urm like- you know... Swimming in to come save me. After you know everything that happened, I - yeah.." Felix's thank you was a hard one to let out after all that happened, Felix clearly conflicted still on how to feel about Asher but it was friendly clearly genuine and not forced by anyone else. "...Hope you're doing okay..? I didn't really-like hold back when we fought either." Felix adding kinda making a motion towards his own black-eye clearly referring to Asher's own and likely the rather mean set of stomach punches.

kids-reversible-sleeveless-basketball-jersey-t500r-blackwhite-playground.jpg

Last edited:
Jack

Mood
Irritated, Content

Interact
Asher, Evelyn

Mention

The irritated boy tuned out Evelyn as she coldly spoke. Her tone was almost mocking now, just as he had done. But he didn't care what she had to say- he wasn't going to talk with her- or anyone for that matter, except for Asher of course. He had already made up his mind on that. He sat in silence eating his food, eventually finishing his meal. Maybe he was being a bit of an asshole in that very moment, but he didn't care right now. He was a little pissed at Asher for even suggesting that he'd "need to get used to her." He was fine if Asher hung out with her, but he certainly wouldn't have any part in it if they did hang out together. Jack was a lone wolf, of course now letting Asher into his life- but that was it, he told himself. That was the only person here at this wretched home he'd let into his life. He sat in silence once he had finished his meal, while Asher did the same, scrolling on his phone. Jack just stared blankly out at the water.

Eventually the beach end of the summer party ended, and Jack went to his room alone, slipping away from all of the kids near the end of the party. Luckily for him, it seemed that he was the first kid to get to the house, so by the time he got back, there was no one in the house- it was empty. He sighed as he opened the door, entering the house from the back door from the courtyard. He looked around frantically, making sure that there were no kids around. The house was quiet- eerily quiet, but Jack didn't mind that too much of course. He rushed up to his room, opening the door quickly and closing it, locking the door behind him. He closed his eyes and sighed. It was an eventful day, and honestly, Jack couldn't even believe that Asher had managed to get him up and out of his room and down to the party.

Jack opened his eyes, looking around in his room for something to do. For the boy, that was enough social interaction for the night. He eyed his TV and his Xbox, thinking he'd just play some video games to help clear his mind and calm him down, as he usually did. He wasn't much of a gamer, but when he did game, it helped to calm him down a bit and clear his head. He turned on his console, the Xbox coming to life with the press of the power button. He grabbed his control and waited for the console to boot up. He plugged in his head phones to the controller and hopped onto his bed, selecting his favorite game- of course: NHL. He enjoyed the casual fun and playing the virtual hockey game in order to ease his nerves and have a bit of an enjoyable time. He cranked up the volume on his headphones and placed himself into a game, playing as his favorite team: the San Jose Sharks. From there, he sat back on his bed, and enjoyed playing the video game.

Asher
Mood
empty

Interact

Mention
None

As Felix removed his shirt Asher was a bit taken back by what he saw. Sure the twelve year old had been shirtless in their earlier encounter but given the situation Asher hadn't really noticed the scars covering the young boy's body but now it was all he could see. The boy's young torso covered in different cuts, scraps and scares. The visual took him completely by surprise not just because he had them but more so how carelessly the boy removed his shirt not even caring that he was now putting his scarred body on full display. Asher pushed his thoughts aside for a moment wanting to focus on the injury he had given the boy and make sure he was okay. Asher leaned forward grabbing the boy around his waist pulling him closer with some force though it was clearly not aggressive even if the sudden jerking motion mad it feel a bit aggressive. Asher was just taking a bit of charge of the situation so he could get a good look at Felix's ribs. He moved his hand up gently yet firmly palpating he ribs after being satisfied he made the right call earlier about Felix not breaking anything he released the boy and his eyes wandered to the now much closer scared torso of the twelve year old.

Asher looked up to Felix's eyes " oh yeah no I'm fine don't worry about me... It was all my fault... I shouldn't have a dick like I was. Sorry for hurting you." Asher then looking down to his hands sat in his lap. " oh and I mean its not like i'm just going to watch someone drown to death if I can do something about it. So don't mention it." Asher then felt his stomach churn as he thought about what he was going to say next. Asher knew he didn't like talking about his scares and he hoped Felix wouldn't freak out. But then again Asher knew he never let anyone see them if he wasn't prepared to talk about them. He took a deep breath before speaking again. "What... What happened? L..like how did you ya know get the scares? They look pretty fresh." Asher paused allowing Felix to respond as he continued looking into his own lap fidgeting with his hands. Something about this situation didn't only make Asher feel nervous or uncomfortable those feelings he understood. What confused him though was sitting here fidgeting with his hands thinking both about his scares and the scares covering the young boy's body made Asher begin to feel like a little kid again. Maybe it was the fact that the last and pretty much only time he dealt with theses feelings was when he was a little kid.

After allowing Felix to speak Asher continued with a final question. "Doesn't it bug you... like people seeing them?" Asher was to say the least dumbfounded by the fact that the twelve year old seemed not to care one bit. A part of him was a bit jealous That Felix could just stand there shirtless without a care in the world. Asher felt almost ashamed that he cared so much about his scares. He wondered if he was just a vain person. Was that why he cared so much? He had no clue but as he asked his question he sunk down a bit into himself feeling even more conscious of himself
render

Users who are viewing this thread

Back