• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot](closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Evelyn

Mood
Focused

Interact
kakemha kakemha

Mention
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Evelyn spent the next several minutes happily eating away, if slowly at her small plate of pancakes while looking out the nearby window. There was a thought on her mind about what she had just witnessed, that thought turning to an image and mixing with her imagination. She stopped eating and began daydreaming for a moment, a while letting her mind silently play out a scene in her mind before laughing to herself and coming back to reality.

She peered over at the other two kids in the room, if just for a moment before putting her half-finished plate of pancakes on the couch besides her. Waiting for a moment the kids were looking way she then pulled out an A4 sketchpad she kept stored, hidden just between the couch where she sat and the wall along along with a number of art pencils. She liked drawing here on the couch, like this exact spot. It had good lighting, and it was comfy, and she could see the room. There was a bunch of reasons.

Suddenly the sound of led meeting paper could be heard, a quick and swift scratching of creativity across the large paper. Evelyn as she still sat cross legged began to sketch a imagine on the notepad before her. To start with what appeared to be the rather unusual outline of some kind of person on the lower left side of the page, but seemingly only reaching a little more than half way up the total length. The figure while hard to judge much at this point appearing to have the early signs of a adventurer esc-ascetic, there was clearly some kind of armor, maybe a hood being drawn, oh and what looked to be a sword strapped to the figure's back. Her art style clearly something between anime-drawing and fantastical sketching.

1626158675e2cc4034e27ca32a2c8b773d1990c3d6_thumbnail_600x.webp
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
Sterling_Silver_Whitby_Jet_Large_Pentagram_Necklace_P1862..jpg
p388539_2.jpg

Last edited:
Dez Hess
Interactions: Nate Sharpe

Dez stared at the boy as he went through a series of conflicting responses, increasingly aware that it was too early in the morning for this. It was beginning to echo across her face. Thank God he'd started explaining, even if he gave a little poke the made her face scrunch up, mouth falling open for a second. He was the one coming to her at ass-o'-clock in the morning for help.

But then he got into what he was feeling and they were intrigued, every trace of annoyance vanishing as their brain finally began to kick into motion. The pieces niggled at her, a puzzle she'd never before seen. It wouldn't have been fair to expect her to solve it, not when she'd never had a crush or a friend who'd had a crush, when her mother barely spoke to her and Baba and Ant had never had that initial moment of a crush to share with their offspring. So she came to the conclusion that seemed most right to her, ignoring Nate's panting as she issued her verdict. "Maybe it's just that simple: You're sick. Shaking, stomach ache, panting. I don't know why you'd be embarrassed, though. It's not like not wearing pants is that big a deal, right? We all live together." She leaned against the frame, face settling into a distasteful frown. "Just don't get me sick, too, okay?"

Asher
Miller
Calm but Aggresive
https:///www.Asher-Miller.com/The Santa Monica Home

Asher Watched as Jack continued shooting for a short while longer. Contemplating his next move Asher didn't hate interacting with people.. people just tended to not like interacting with him but as far as Asher was concerned that was their problem not his. He watched as the boy had decided to take a break leaning on the goal as he waited for his breathing to normalize.

Asher made his way over to Jack. " you know Short stuff I don't think I have heard you say a single word since you got hear... In fact you seem to avoid everyone like they have the plague." As he Approached the unsuspecting boy he ripped the hockey stick from Jack right hand as he spoke spinning it in his hand. " I'm starting to think that you think your better than all of us." He looked Jack in the eyes as he delivered the line his face giving nothing but mixed signals a hint of playfulness or was it anger, disgust? it was hard to tell.

coded by reveriee.

The boy who had just been relaxing and taking a short break from his practicing felt himself jump as he was startled by an unexpected voice from behind. The voice was cold, piercing, mocking, and condescending. Jack turned around to see Asher standing behind him. His eyes went wide as he simply stood in shock and stared at Asher as he began to speak.

Jack was caught completely off guard as the boy approached him and promptly ripped the hockey stick from his right hand. Jack had been keeping a loose grip on the stick, as he was taking a short little breather waiting to regain his energy and for his breath to normalize, so gripping the stick tightly was the last thing on his mind at the moment. Jack said nothing and kept his eyes wide open and his mouth slightly open in surprise and fear.

The young boy gulped nervously as Asher delivered his line. This was the first time the two had been face to face, and Jack was reminded of why he despised making friends and meeting new people so much. Jack stood frozen and speechless, not able to tell what Asher was going for. He saw hints of harsh and genuine dislike, but with a bit of playfulness to the voice. It confused him and made it even harder to find words to verbalize.

He gulped anxiously again as he began to speak, "N- no.... n- not at all..." he said stuttering, closing his eyes and shaking his head quickly. He felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he felt his heart rate begin to increase. He was visibly nervous.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Apprehensive
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathan took a moment to absorb Dez's words a frown slowly twisted his face. Sick? Really but I feel fine except when I saw him? ?that cant be right. " Are you sure? I mean it sure sounds like being sick but I don't know i've never felt like this before." He looked up at Dez for the first time actually paying attention to the girl he came running to for help rather than being focused on himself and he realized that she definitely seemed a bit annoyed. "oh... I'm sorry you were still trying to sleep weren't you? Well Evelyn made some pancakes!!! I don't know if there is any left tho."

Nathan stood there for a moment contemplating his next move. "I.. I can go bug someone else and leave you alone." he said as he threw a thumb over his shoulder not wanting to bug the tired girl further, he turned to make his way down the hall contemplating what to do next. he knew he needed to get to the bottom of this. "oh! Evelyn!!" he actually spoke quietly seeing as nobody was around. He took off full sprint through the house barging through the door to the rec room where he pause looking around for a moment realizing he probably grabbed everyone's attention. he walked through the room trying to look casual as he approached Evelyn giving Felix a shy smile and a wave as he passed the boy. Tapping Evelyn on the shoulder he held up his I pad which read "I need to talk to you"

coded by reveriee.

Felix

Mood
Annoyed / Full

Interact
None

Mentions
KaiMedia KaiMedia mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Felix spent the next several minutes cheerfully eating away at the mound of pancakes that were prepared for him, definitely sweetening it with syrup as he went. For an outside observer there may be questions to how such a small, fairly thin kid could pack it all away but that was neither here nor there. Felix couldn't really help himself though, these were soo chocolatey and delicious - It was almost enough to make him feel better about what just happened, almost.
The fact that older Jerk had tried roughhousing him like that - If this was some kid at school Felix would've defiantly fought back but he didn't understand why he couldn't here. Was he actually afraid, or no.. Felix needed to clear his mind.

He got himself up from his seat while finishing up what pancakes he had and putting the plate in the sink. There were still some pancakes left on the main plate, but someone else could have them. He snatched up his rollerblades as he passed hocking them with two fingers through the ankle cloth-loops. Felix did briefly pass that Nathan kid as he exited, laughing a little to himself about before and waving back. Once out in the hallway, Felix dashed up the stairs and ducked into his room - likely making enough noise doing so that anyone else on the floor like Dez' could hear.

Felix didn't shut his door once he entered, instead just sat down his rollerblades by the door, and headed towards the bed. And... Flop! Felix just let himself fall face-first on the cool bed sheets in front of him taking a few moments to just lay down and maybe clear his head.. and maybe rest off the pancakes he just overstuffed himself with. He defiantely couldn't sleep, but he hoped he'd be away from Jerks like Asher up here, and the cool clean bedsheets were just nice to lay on.

His room was like any other here, a relatively small space with a single bed, small desk, wardrobe. What did make Felix smile though as it did while getting the tour was what the people at the home here did to try and make him feel more welcomed - the sheets were a set of spiderman sheets and pillows, clearly the the best of heroes - and off the side of his room was remarkably his fairly tall and heavy punching bag from home hanging up that his Dad bought him. It was a real surprise when he first saw it during the tour up here but it really made this small room feel more like home than anywhere he'd been the last month since arriving in this city. There was also a small gold-plated trophy sitting on his desk, Felix's U12 aggressive rollerblading meet he won a few months back facing his bed. He was very glad that was here too.

Same jacket/hoodie and t-shirt combo as in photo.
MV5BYTA2NDY3NzktMzBhOS00NzFlLWJiMmQtNGU0MGI0NWIyYWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzYwNjU@._V1_.jpg
51CfGrAXOLL._AC_UX342_.jpg

2007e905d70078882ef241cc0f54eeb2--yellow-belt-black-belt.jpg
unknown.png

Evelyn

Mood
Focused

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mention
None

The sketch continued to take form, the heroic figure appearing almost like they were backed to some kind of cliff edge looking off-balanced and scared. A second figure begining to be hastily outlined, a tall-tall figure taking up the majority of the remaining 60% of the page towering up and over the hero in a warped posture. This second figure bearing some of wicked looking spiked crown, and having an arm and hand covered in ice reaching out across the page grabbing the inexperienced hero by the neck.... Though it was all still very much linework with minimal detail it was quickly taking some basic form.

Evelyn then blinked and looked confused as she looked slowly to her side at Nate like seeing someone foreign for a moment. It had taken quite a few pokes before she actually snapped out of her focus. She hadn't noticed him arrive despite the noise he made, nor Felix leave. Yet as she then looked at the Ipad she tilted her head a little, put down the partial-sketch on the couch besides Nathan and pulled out her phone. Ev' could sign basic stuff but the words 'I need to talk to you' like this never meant basic and simple - and if he was going to write stuff on the Ipad, she was going to write in kind back. Type type type. She then looked up at him with a curious smile on her face.

Sender
me
Find another spider in your room?
me
Jk. What up?
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
p388539_2.jpg

"Thanks Evelyn!" Miyako said when she complimented her food. It felt nice for someone to acknowledge her cooking every once in a while. Her head turned as Mrs. Richardson entered and introduced the new kid, Felix. She didn't say anything but saw how Evelyn guided him to the island for some of her pancakes, she just kept washing the dishes. Soon enough she was all done with the dishes and they were all left out to dry. Rolling down her sleeves, she noticed that most people were out in the Rec Room doing their daily activities. Although she didn't have anything to do, she decided to go over to the couch with her book in hand, and took a seat and decided to read for a few minutes. Opening her book to the next page, she started to read, keeping to herself. She was reading a book in Japanese however, so no one she knew in the house could read it. But some might be familiar with the book and its author, No Longer Human by Dazai Osamu. A lot of her books were in Japanese, having a lot of the classics in Japanese as well. She liked to keep her roots close to her. She flipped to the next page as she read on.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Apprehensive

Nathen had continued Poking Evelyn. It took several times before the teen looked over at him from her sketch book and realized what was going on. Nate waited patiently as she pulled out he phone and began typing rolling his eyes as the first message cam across. Hey in his defense it was a really big spider! Of course it hadn't dawned on him that the lighthearted teasing was probably more because he asked a girl for help than anything else.

Nathans message took a while to compose as he deleted and rewrote several times. " idk Dez says im probably just sick but that doesn't sound right I feel fine right now." The first message sent and his fingers continues to quickly tap on the screen. " When I saw Felix idk I just got really embarrassed about bein in my underwear which is weird right? then when I started walking towards him like my knees felt light they wouldn't hold me up. and my hands started shaking. and it felt like something was flying around in my stomach. Then it happened again after I got dressed I was about to come in here and I felt the same way so I went to talk to Dez." The message sent as he nervously looked up at Evelyn. "is Dez right? am I just sick? cause this is the weirdest being sick I've ever felt." he quickly sent the last text before waiting for a response Worry written on his face.
coded by reveriee.

Asher
Miller
Calm but Aggresive

Asher looked jack over for a moment as he spoke in a way sizing up the younger boy. Asher could tell he was clearly nervous maybe even scared. He contemplated his next move the voices of several others ringing through his head "Asher its okay to be nice not everyone is out to hurt you. You don't have to let them in but you could at least not push everyone away." he heard Mrs. Richardson say in his head. He sighed deeply as he rolled his eyes. yeah and look where that advice got me He thought to himself as he dismissed the thought.

" oh.. it does talk...and Sure you don't " Asher Spoke rather dismissingly as he pretended to hit a puck with the hockey stick dragging the blade across the concrete. " what other reason would there be its not like big bad Hockey player Jack is just too scared to talk to anyone.... No that would be ridiculous" His voice think with a knowing tone. As he took another fake shot again dragging the blade on the ground much longer this time. "I'll bet your to scared to even tell me to give you your stick.... I bet I could walk back inside with it right now and you would do nothing about it." A wicked grin across his face as he spoke " Unless I'm completely wrong?"

coded by reveriee.

The boy gulped and just stood there in shock, eyes still as wide as a full moon. He cringed internally each time Asher dragged his favorite hockey stick roughly across the concrete. He felt hopeless and defenseless. He repeated Asher's harsh words to himself in his head. He thought back to watching his favorite hockey team and players in person and on TV. He knew that a professional hockey player would be able to get up and defend himself, as he often remembered seeing many of his favorite players get into fights, or even exchange a few vulgar words. Jack felt useless, he didn't feel he had the courage to build up that much strength and defend him like his hockey heroes did in real games. He felt his heart beating out of his chest nervously, and the ever-present sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He knew this kid was bad news.

He thought about cursing Asher out. Besides, he had seen his idols on TV and in person do it for years during games, so why couldn’t he do the same? He WAS a hockey player after all, and hockey players were supposed to be tough. But the young brown haired boy didn't have it in him to stand up for himself. He shifted his weight awkwardly from one foot to another. Maybe he really was a scared wimp, he thought to himself. He felt awful as the sinking feeling in his stomach seemed to get worse.

Finally after about a minute of silence and standing there in speechless shock, Jack began to speak. He decided he would play the peaceful diplomat. It wasn't in his nature to get all worked up or mad over something, and he certainly wasn't one to yell. "L- listen," he said softly and timidly, "I dunno what I did to you... I- I don't want any trouble.... I- I'll stay outta your way... c- can I please just have my stick back?" the boy asked as he winced a little, the words seeming so hard to spit out.

Dez Hess
Interactions: Nate Sharpe -> Felix Gray

Dez’s face screwed up as she absorbed this new piece of information. Not like any sick he’d felt before… Immediately, she thought zombies but shoved it aside. Not only would those symptoms make a piss-poor zombie, but Nate was just about the worst candidate for a subject zero she could imagine.

She was tugged out of her considerations by his apology and she blinked, a look of bewilderment crossing her face as the final dust finally fell off it. She was going to tell him it was fine, that she liked being bugged by him, but he was already leaving and she couldn’t bring herself to do anything but watch him.

Shit,” she muttered under her breath as she turned back to her room. She hoped she hadn’t made him feel too bad—He was like the younger sibling she’d never had and would never have asked for, a piece she hadn’t understood one could desire until he was in her life.

...She should get dressed and go apologize. Why oh why did this have to happen so early? Did she really need to be running on four hours of sleep? Maybe she could go back to bed afterwards… At least get a nap partway through the day.

She poked back into her room, beginning to change into a ratty Lauren Bousfield shirt that she could drown in and some sweatpants, then heard some bumping around. She sighed as she heard it—Was it possible she’d be expected to go deal with that? She should probably go check it out. And then she could apologize to Nate and then she could eat pancakes… If there were any left. And who knew when she’d have the option of pancakes made by someone other than herself again.

She slid on her house slippers and puttered off in the direction of the noise, stopping when she came to a door that she hadn’t seen open before. She peeked in… That was the new kid, wasn’t it?

Before she could think better of it, she positioned herself in front of the crack and asked, “You sick?” Hey, she might as well investigate Nate’s mysterious whatever the hell, right?

Last edited:
Asher
Miller
Calm but Aggresive

" Oh going with the soft approach are we?" Asher spoke mockingly as he leaned on the hockey stick a little. " Look at me do I look like the kind of guy that responds to the soft approach? " He stepped closer to Jack only inches separating the two boys. He moved the stick behind his back to keep it out of Jacks reach. As he smiled at the boy. "c'mon your a smart kid you clearly know who's in charge here."

Asher took a couple steps back preparing to repeat the same prosses as before he acted as if he was lining up his shot. " And I get the feeling you know exactly what its gonna take to get this back from me." he said as once again he dragged the blade across the pavement before resting the stick across his shoulders and hooking his arms around it. " So what do ya say Jack? You got what it takes to get back your precious little stick or have I just acquired myself a new toy?" He shifted his stance slightly staring down the other boy that stood across from him. Asher was genuinely curious what jack would do. was he going to remain timid? or was he gonna get some fire in him and stand up for himself? "So? what's it gonna be Jack? i'm not getting any younger over here."

coded by reveriee.

Jack nervously shifted his weight as he stood there. Hundreds of thoughts raced through his mind all in one instance. He was overwhelmed. He din't want to lash out at the kid, but his standoffish attitude was pissing Jack off a bit. He balled up his fist and clenched it, but soon stopped himself and unclenched his fist. He took a deep breath and sighed softly. Jack knew he didn't have it in him to fight. Not only did he not have the strength but he also lacked the will. He also knew the boy who was one year older than him might do some damage to him physically and figured it wasn't worth it. Jack was never a fighter, even when he played hockey for his travel team. He usually just watched as his teammates got into fights back then, the most physical he got was grabbing onto the jersey of an opposing player to prevent him from joining a one-on-one fight.

Jack just frowned and silently bent over, fishing the two pucks out of his net. He put one puck in each of the shorts of his pockets. He then picked up the goal post and put it on his shoulder. "F- fine," he said softly looking away from Asher, "Whatever, i- it's not worth it. You clearly need it more than I do," he said muttering as he sadly walked away, carrying to goal post on his back and going to go back inside. Maybe he would play another day. He began to walk off the court, defeated, leaving Asher standing there with Jack's favorite hockey stick. Jack was sad that he couldn't do anything to get it back, but figured he would deal with it, as he brought a couple of extra sticks with him to the home. "What a prick," the boy thought to himself in his head as he rolled his eyes, his back turned to Asher.

Felix

Mood
Annoyed / Apologetic

Interact
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Mentions
None

Felix would have been happy to just lay there, the cool fresh blankets and pillows doing a wonders as he laid on his stomach, face buried in them. Yet it was just moments later when he suddenly heard someone at the door speak. Felix rolling over a little to see who it was, then blinking in amount of confusion as he didn't recognise the person. "What!? No!" He replied a little too aggressively with his previous anger still bubbling in the back of his head before pausing and realising what he just did, and shaking his head.

The small boy then sat himself up on the side of the bed to talk properly, and ran a quick hand past his somewhat styled hair. His body language clearly looking like something had upset him but it clearly wasn't Dez' as his expression rapidly softened apologetically after lashing out ."Ahh fudge- sorry, didn't mean it like that. I just mean I was a little carsick coming over but now - I'm good now!" He replied earnestly if massively underplaying the severity of the carsickness, before giving a playful smile for a second. Felix having assumed Dez' saw what happened outside with the CPS lady. "Might'a also eaten too many pancakes..?" He joked still tasting the rich chocolate in his mouth.

He looked the teen over still looking a bit confused though. "Urm, I didn't see you downstairs. You just get up or somethin'..?" He questioned though lets be honest looking at Dez' it seemed pretty obvious. "Cause I'm Felix. I just, kinda sorta got here." Again with a playful joking tone despite his body language clearly still showing him a bit wound up at something, he was still a friendly, (and perhaps unusually for the home) outgoing young kid.

Same jacket/hoodie and t-shirt combo as in photo.
MV5BYTA2NDY3NzktMzBhOS00NzFlLWJiMmQtNGU0MGI0NWIyYWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzYwNjU@._V1_.jpg
51CfGrAXOLL._AC_UX342_.jpg

2007e905d70078882ef241cc0f54eeb2--yellow-belt-black-belt.jpg
unknown.png

Evelyn

Mood
Playful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mention
kakemha kakemha

Evelyn's eyes traced across the room as Miyako came over to join her on the couch. She smiled and curious peered over a the book for a moment, though Ev' could not read a word from it. Not wanting to disturb she shrugged and just smiled, then she looked back to Nate and her phone. Hopefully for Nate she could find out what was going on. Ev's eyes darts back and fourth across the same few lines then to Nate, then back to the phone. She had this long look of contemplation of her face before putting a hand to her mouth and making a opening gesture for Nate to open his.

Once he did, Ev' leaned in and tilted her head with this very serious look on her face for a moment examining the mouth like she was some doctor before sitting back up, putting a hand to her chin and nodding before texting back with a whimsical smile on her face - pausing every so often to think what to write.
Once written she looked to Nathan with a supportive and reassuring look, reaching out to again ruffle his hair a bit.

Perhaps Evlyn was being a little manipulative, but she just found this adorable - Nate potentially having his first crush - or food poisoning - probably just lovesick, which sorta-kinda was a form of sickness! At least that's what she would go by if anybody asked. She had no idea if this was what Dez' was going for or if she fully missed the mark on the other teens intentions but no matter.

Sender
them
is Dez right? am I just sick?
me
hmm, butterflies and weak knees, mean it srs 🤔
me
Ash and I had this b4!
me
but no worry! u gonna be fine 👍 not that kind of sick. not contagious no big deal
me
might not want 2 make the new kid think u avoid him tho? mrs Richardson said 2 make him feel at home! he already had ash on him!!! ☠️
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
p388539_2.jpg

Last edited:
Nathaniel
Sharpe
Apprehensive

Nate slowly opened his mouth as instructed getting more nervous that something was wrong with him as the moments passed. His stomach beginning to feel uneasy as Evelyn conducted her examination. He had no clue what she was looking for but doctors looked in your mouth all the time so maybe she knew what they looked for? Nathan closed his mouth as she finished her exam he looked at her this sinking worry in his eyes. He didn't want to be sick. being sick always suck but even more now with it being the last week of summer and a couple new kids having arrived in the last few days.

As Evelyn looked back up to him from her phone a small wave of relief washed over him. Her gaze assuring him he had nothing to be too worried about. As she ruffled his hair he let out a small giggle and slightly pushed his head up to meat her hand. Nathan couldn't deny that he loved the affection from the older girl. He looked down at his I pad reading the first two messages. Looking back up to Ev' with a questioning look mouthing "you too" he pointed to her as he Silently formed the words in his mouth. Before looking back to continue reading. As he finished reading her texts looked up to some random corner of the room tapping his chin with a finger as if in deep thought.

After but a moment Nate looked back to Ev' smiled and wrapped her in a hug. before stepping back and pulling his Ipad back up to his face tapping away on the screen.

coded by reveriee.

Sender
them
might not want 2 make the new kid think u avoid him tho? mrs Richardson said 2 make him feel at home! he already had ash on him!!! ☠️
me
you and ash had it?
me
your sure im fine? 🤒
me
What do I do if it keeps happening every time I get close to him?
me
also yeah don't remind me.... Why is Ash like that? Like he can be fun but then most of the time he's just mean.

Evelyn

Mood
Playful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mention
None

Evelyn's couldn't help but gently laugh at Nate's responses, the boy was always very emotive and excitable. She watched closely as the panic began to wash away, and a smile appear on his face and the laugher as his hair of ruffled. Her guard was never quiet as high with Nate than other, is for no other reason than... Actually she never could put words to why. Still her attention remained mostly fixed as he eventually mouthed the words "you too" questioningly, to which Evelyn simply nodded back.

She was perhaps a little caught off guard by the hug, but she didn't resist - if it made Nathan feel better 'whats the harm' she thought. Once he'd managed to get his thoughts togeather though she took a look again at her phone and paused to consider before typing again. Her expression reassuring if playful as she went. Pressing the final send button with a dramatic flourish.
Once the message was fully send she waited for Nate to read it, before holding her hand up in a thumbs-up, thumbs-down motion trying to let Nate respond and gauge how he was doing. If he seemed pretty happy with the messages, she'd give him another quick headpat.

Sender
them
also yeah don't remind me.... Why is Ash like that? Like he can be fun but then most of the time he's just mean.
me
yeah ur be fine! :) very normal
me
hmm.. it get better. might take a bit. but it'll get better! 👍
me
my advice, take deep breath and have fun.
me
find what the new kid likes, make him feel welcome. once u start having fun and stop thinking about it ur forget bout mean butterflies in no time
me
for Ash...
me
💩💩💩
31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
p388539_2.jpg

Asher
Miller
Too many to count.

Asher watched as defeat washed over Jack's body the boy's timid nature clearly prevailing in this moment as he collected his things and headed towards the house. The boy looked sad almost as if Asher had just taken a part of his soul. Asher loosened his hold on the stick letting it fall to his side in one hand. His eyes silently looking between the boy and the stick in his hand. Many different emotions flooding over his body. Asher threw his head back looking u to the sky. Dammit Ash there you go again. God man why are you such a relentless ass. Ev's voice filtered through his head " Ya know Asher you can be a real jerk sometimes."

"wait" he called out to jack a bit of anguish in his voice as he began walking towards the boy. Sure Asher was standoffish and sure he was a bit of an ass but he never actually want to make someone feel as bad as he had clearly made Jack feel. Though he was sure he does on many occasions he usually doesn't see it, but right now the pain was on full display and Ashers true nature couldn't allow it to continue. "Here... This is yours." he held the hockey stick out to Jacks side so the boy could see it despite his back being turned to Asher. "I... I can pay to replace the blade if did to much damage to it." for the first time his voice sounded a bit soft maybe even a little timid.

"Maybe it is best for your sake if you stay away from me."
coded by reveriee.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy
  • outfit

Nathen Carefully read the texts as they came through looking between his screen and Ev's face he could tell there was something going on. Like she knew something he didn't and it seemed she wasn't going to let him in on the secret. This annoyed Nathan a little but he decided to just deal with it. He decided If it was important she would tell him. He laughed as the messages about Asher Popped up on his screen then looking back up at Ev' he gave a big thumbs up with an even larger smile.

His eyes than quickly wandered to the sketchpad sat on the couch he examined it closely before he began to realize that he was pretty sure what inspired the epic scene that was forming on the page. He looked up to Ev' signing "Whats that?" he was pretty sure he knew the answer of course but was looking for some confirmation. He waited for her response before signing " can I see when its done?"

coded by reveriee.

Jack dragged his sorry self off of the basketball court, two pucks in his pocket and the goal post being carried on his back.

Jack perked up and turned around as he heard Asher's voice call out to him. He looked at him nervously expecting him to start hurling more insults and jeers, but was surprised to turn around and see that the expression on the boy's face had changed. Jack raised one eyebrow over the other in complete confusion as the boy who had just bullied him now was handing over his hockey stick. Now Jack was once again speechless, but for different reasons. He was surprised by Asher's change in demeanor. Jack's mouth was open a little in surprise as he now stood in front of Asher frozen like a statue. After a couple of seconds of Asher holding out his stick to give back to him, he gently took it, closed his mouth and nodded. "Th- thanks," he said softly taking the stick. The boy held the blade up to his face. It wasn't too damaged luckily. "Thanks," the boy said quietly again, "i- it's fine....." And with that, Jack turned his back on Asher and went to go back inside, goal post on his back and now reunited with his hockey stick in one hand. He gave Asher one last nod as he said his last line, and went off the court saying nothing. Jack was astonished at the fact that Asher seemed to have a change of heart, but the boy was still a bit hurt from his words from before. He decided he'd practice hockey some other time tomorrow and go back inside and avoid all social interactions and human contact. He made a mental note to stay out of Asher's way even more than he had been before.

Dez Hess
Interactions: Felix Gray

Dez couldn’t be sure, but that didn’t seem a proportionate response to what was, after all, just a question. She cocked a brow, though it relaxed as he did. A ghost of a smile painted her face as he avoided cursing—Had Dez ever met someone who said ‘fudge?’ She didn’t think so—brought back to the moment by his mentions of carsickness and pancakes. That would go with nausea, but that wasn’t what Nate had been complaining about. Besides, five seconds around the new kid wasn’t likely to get Nate sick. Interesting. She pushed the door further open, enough to stand in the doorway instead of act like a creep.

She straightened as he began to engage in an actual conversation, very carefully not eyeing the stairs. His mention of pancakes reminded her she was on a ticking clock. This was what she got for engaging, she supposed. She nodded. “Figured you were the new kid. Got a rude awakening this morning, though it’s…” Exciting. Intriguing. “Fine. At least there’s pancakes.” She offered him her best attempt at a smile. She’d been working on them since she got here, was proud of her results, but it was still sharp, a mean edge to it. At least now it seemed like they were both in on whatever joke she was making instead of it very much being at his expense.

“I’m Dez. You lucked out coming here. It’s not that bad, all things considered.” She peeked around his room. “Like your room,” she said, smile slipping from her face as she took in the sheets and punching bag. Her stomach growled and again the pancakes called for her. She made eye contact again. “You’re in your room, so… I assume you wanna be left alone.” It wasn’t a question, more an escape hatch planted in the conversation to get her something better than her own cooking on a morning she didn’t even want to be awake. She just hoped he’d take it.

Evelyn

Mood
Playful

Interact
KaiMedia KaiMedia kakemha kakemha

Mention
None

Evelyn watched closely as Nate gave his thumbs up reply and smile. Ev' returning her own and giving the promised headpat, seeming pretty satisfied with her positive manipulation. The also took Nate's laugh as agreement to Ash' pophead nature, she immaturely smiled to herself. Ash did seriously need to learn how to chill out. Time after time he'd pick on the newbies, just so far he'd been lucky enough most haven't ever tried fighting back... Yet. She mused to herself for a moment before realising Nate had something on his Ipad and going to check.

Oh he was looking at the sketch. Evelyn picking up her sketchbook and showing it to Nate - the early sketch showing a battle between the barely-equipped adventurer and this powerful yet damaged icy-prince. It was clearly a dramatic battle, a tale for the ages. Yet it did have some definite similarities though perhaps to recent events. Ev' signed back, though it took her a little longer than normal. Her sign language wasn't the best but she could manage. "It's just a drawing. Of how I saw things happen." Evelyn smiled and gave a small wink, before looking back to the sketchpage and thinking. At the second part of the question Ev' merely nodded to Nate as she tapped on the page. She was more than happy to let anybody see her work. Yet it was work she needed to make more progress on, and perhaps inspiration she thought as she began to stare at her set of pencils.... Trying to decide which would be good for adding some finer details.

"Miyako." she suddenly spoke to the girl sitting on the other side of the couch without turning. "What's that you're reading? Is it good?" She asked with a curious glint, before picking a pencil for her drawing and looking over at her. The bright pink of the books cover having caught her attention when she came to sit down.

31XCU+f2kEL._AC_.jpg
334076a.jpg
p388539_2.jpg

Miyako hadn't noticed Evelyn sit on the other side of the couch, as she was immersed in the book she was reading. It startled Miyako a bit to hear Evelyn call out her name and ask her a question. "Oh um, I'm reading Dazai Osamu's, No Longer Human." Miyako answered the first question. "Yeah, it's really good so far. It's pretty popular here too, I'm sure there is an english translation." She said, answering the second question. Putting a bookmark into the book, to indicate where she stopped. she looked up to avert her gaze to Evelyn. As usual, she had her sketchbook in hand. Miyako had thought Evelyn's sketches were beautiful, she herself couldn't draw, unless you count Japanese calligraphy. "You should read it, if you get the chance. Well not this copy, of course. But the one in english." She recommended to Evelyn. If anyone asked her about the contents of the book however, she could go on about it for hours on end. Books was something she was very passionate about, they sucked you into another world, you probably never even thought about.

Nathaniel
Sharpe
Happy/Concerned

Nathan watched as Evelyn answered his inquiries satisfied that he was correct and excited to see the final result he smiled while Signing "well i'll let you get back to it then" he turned to survey the room not finding what or rather who he was looking for a look of contemplation spread moments later he snapped his fingers with a smile thinking he was cleaver ooo he had roller skates with him I bet he went outside to do that! Nathan was sure his deduction skills would be correct not knowing of course that Felix had escaped to his room. He headed out of the rec room and towards the doors to the outside.

The scene that greeted him however was not what he expected as he stepped out the doors. He saw Jack on his way back in side Sadness scrawled across his face and looking over the boys shoulder sure enough there was Asher a bit of a grumpy look took over Nathans face as he realized that Asher had clearly done something to the boy. Nate waited at the door and held it open for jack as he reached the threshold clearly having his hands full. " A... are you okay? What did he do?" His Ipad spoke as he let the door swing shut following the young boy "you wanna talk about it... Im a good listener." Nathan had now picked up pace to get in front of Jack turning to face him as he walked backwards. "well....Kinda anyways" he put on a large goofy smile as he poked fun at his inability to actually be a "good listener" at least in the literal sense.

coded by reveriee.

Jack slowly dragged himself off the basketball court. He frowned as he approached the back doors to get back into the house. He was caught a bit off guard as he saw Nathan waiting at the door, he appeared to be holding it open. Jack had never talked to Nathan before, but knew he communicated through typing out what he wanted to say into his iPad and letting the iPad use text-to-speech in order to transmit what Nate wanted to say, as Jack had seen Nathan around doing this sort of thing before. As Jack's hands were quite full, the gesture was greatly appreciated.

Jack looked at the boy and just nodded as his frown turned into more of a neutral expression on his face. The nod was a silent gesture of appreciation from Jack to Nathan, but also one to tell Nate that Jack was fine. "I- I'm fine...." Jack said softly looking down at the ground, "thanks..." Once Jack was fully inside, the door shut behind him as he made his way into the building, leaving Nate standing there behind him at the door. The boy noticed that Nathan was now following him, and he seemed really worried about Jack. Jack really didn't feel like dealing with talking to anymore people, and wanted to get Nathan out of his hair as politely as possible. He appreciated the boy's concern, but he wanted to go back to his room and be alone for a while. "I'm fine," Jack said again softly as he made no eye contact with Nathan as he kept on walking forward. "I'm ok, th- thanks..." he said quietly. "Listen, go off somewhere, don't worry about me..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back