• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Asher
Miller
Concerned
https:///www.Asher-Miller.com/The Santa Monica Home

Asher chuckled as Felix made sure to let him know he was still a jerk. This seemed reasonable to him and figured it was probably best if the young boy kept that perception of him in tact. Asher knew that he would do other things to upset Felix in the future there were no doubts about that. Eventually Felix sat back up his crying subsidding a bit Asher just smiled pulling on his shirt slightly as it was sticking to his skin from the wetness of Felix’s tears.

“I promise... What happened between you and Nathan is between you and NathanI just want you to tell me because you clearly need to talk about it but I'm not going to run around telling everyone allI might do is try and help you fix it.” Asher patted and rubed Felix’s back trying to reassure theboy as he spoke.
coded by reveriee.

unknown3333222332.png

Mood: Tearful / Embarrassed
Interact: KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher)
Felix paused for a moment unsure where to start or what was important. As Asher rubbed his back however and promised to not use what he was about to say against him he sighed loudly and began trying to explain. "...I.. Really dunno what happened. I" He looked to Asher for a moment before his eyes darted across the room to where his skates sat haphazardly as a pile near the door.
"Nathan.. Shortly after we met said he thought my skates were cool, and so like I showed him a couple of videos I had on my phone of me doing tricks, flips and stuff. His eyes lit up like all excited, and it seemed like he wanted a go. So we went outside, and I tried teaching him for a little bit..."

"He struggled and fell a bunch but I kept catching him and we tried again, and again and he seemed to enjoy himself. He was laughing and I was having fun teaching him the very basics. It was cute watching him flail and wobble trying to cross the car park. But he did well for his first time.." Felix had a sad but affectionate smile on his face that was likely revealing far more than he wanted it to.

Felix then tensed up a bit and his expression becoming more worried.
"Then-then I dunno what happened. We sat down, got the gear off cus he needed a rest. Nathan accidentally touched my hand with his and I... Sorta was an idiot, and freaked out a bit over it. I didn't shout or anything! ..Just kinda sharply moved away and I don't know why... I guess, cus like I my grandparents are super religous and they already think I'm not... 'normal' and I didn't want them to... Like if the staff or someone thought I was... And told them ...They'd never take me in..." Felix was becoming a little incoherent and rambly at this point and starting to tear back up again. He was trying his best to try and play it off as 'freak accident' and hide the fact he'd had a tiny crush on Nate while and after he was wearing his gear earlier, but Asher will likely be able to see plainly through the confused and closeted pre-teen's words - Felix was trying to not lose what might be his only chance of leaving this place and going home.

"Nate, I mean Nathan then freaked out cus' I freaked and just ran off into the house... And he just ignored me completely! Refused to even look at me after that even when I tried to explain and I called out to him... Guess I.. Guess I really scared him or something."
Felix was legitimately confused at this junction, having no idea what caused Nathan to burst out crying, but it clearly had him really upset as well.

Ruka Ishihara
Ruka grinned, "Yep! We're actually eating lunch somewhere else! Like out of this house! Now you won't have to eat my fried rice every day!"

His eyes then flickered over to Aaron, who he was about to explain the whole outing situation to before Nathan did. He smiled once more, "Well Nate, I actually was bathing at the beach not too long ago!" Which was an obvious lie and a bad attempt at a joke, Ruka just wanted to lighten the mood.

The boy then waved his goodbyes, "Alright, I'm going to take a shower! Remember! Lunch trip!" He quickly said before heading up the stairs.

On his way to his room, he suddenly heard Felix talking.. to himself? Ruka was surprised to hear Asher's voice.. didn't he and Felix not get off on the right foot? He shook his head as if he was getting rid of the thoughts. This wasn't his conversation, he shouldn't be listening in. Struggling, he pulled away from the door, tip-toeing to his room.

He let out his heaviest sigh yet, throwing himself on his bed. He looked at his phone and then at his posters on the wall. His eyes then went over to his poorly drawn tattoos on his arms.. he had drawn these because of his dad.. everything was because of Dad. He laughed, at his dad, at his mom, and at himself. He missed his mom. He really really did.. even if he acted like he didn't. The blond then pulled himself up off of his bed, making his way to the showers.

Before he did, he made sure to send a quick text to Asher.

if i take too long in the shower, come get me!!! i'll be pissed if you guys leave without me </3

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties KaiMedia KaiMedia

Last edited:
Asher
Miller
Concerned

Asher Listened intently as Felix did his best to explain the events that had happened. He studied him closely as he spoke trying to pick up on any small cues the Felix didn't realize he was there doing his best to fully understand the situation. He noticed Felix's expression as he talked about Nate skating and this was defiantly a hint but then came the word cute in reference to Nate paired with the expression and Asher began to see what was going on. Asher couldn't help but smile as he thought of how similarly he acted in these kinds of situations when he began exploring his sexuality. The thing Asher didn't like though is that like so many other kids Felix was afraid to be who he was because of how so many people looked at the LGBTQ+ community something Asher wished would just go away.

Asher continued to listen as Felix concluded now coming to the realization that one of the contributing factors that caused this to blow up like it did was Nathans resistance to just telling people he is deaf to often did it cause confusing situations but Nathan still refused. Asher sighed attempting to compose himself.

" Okay so first of all I am guessing Nathan didn't tell you that... he's deaf did he? If he isn't looking at you he has no clue you are talking. So I don't think he was specifically ignoring you he just didn't know" Asher said comfortingly hoping this news would help ease Felix's mind a bit. Then however his expression changed it moved from nothing but compassion to a Stern look with just enough compassion behind it to know he wasn't mad just serious. " I need you to tell me the truth Felix... Do you like Nathaniel I mean do you think he's cute... Do you have a crush on him?" he looked directly into Felix as he spoke each word seemingly bearing more weight than the last.

Asher's phone buzzed in his pocket, but he knew now was not the time to pull his phone out to check the text so he made a mental note to check it as soon as he could.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
unknown3333222332.png

Mood: Very confused / Very Embarrassed (Mildly dehydrated)
Interact: KaiMedia KaiMedia (Asher)
Felix was at first a little confused as he saw Asher's expression change so much in response to what he was saying, he couldn't really figure out what was going on in his head. Hearing Nate was death made his eyes grow wide, with this one statement answering like five different questions and at the same time making many many more. "He's deaf, like can't hear anything at all? ..So when I called for him he..?" Felix head dropped into his hands facepalming about how much of an idiot he'd been, not picking up on any of the many clues. Thinking that obviously he should have been able to figure that out! Him almost never talking, his slow start picking up on a few of the conversations, the weird gesturing probably being sign language. All the above just making Felix just feel like an absolute idiot. Given this was a common issue for Nathan it's obviously not that obvious.
After a few moments he raised his head, his forehead briefly stamped with a criss-crossed red mark matching the material of his cast, though he suddenly did look like a load had been lifted from him and the few remaining tears seemed to draw to dry up.

Then Asher started putting Felix's feet the fire, asking him very directly and very straight up how he felt about Nathaniel a question that made him increasingly uncomfortable with each and every word, increasing, in, weight. Felix turned his head to face away from Asher not ready for whatever judgemental look he was about to get. "...No, yes, Maybe I don't know! Like I've only knew him for what like at most an hour. All we did was hang out a little bit and I taught him a very most basic bits of skating... It was nice just seeing him having fun and laughing, you know?" Felix was trying to rationalise away his feelings, but was growing more and more blushed by the second, quickly looking like a ripe tomato.

"..So like... -So what if I thought he looked cute out there..? ..I know that's weird! But just-I dunno, I just know that I really, really want to be his friend and hang out with him, that's all..!" Felix was clearly not ready to just come right out and say the words having grown up around people who defiantely wouldn't accept this kind of thing. He was too afraid to stick a label like that on himself again, but the writing was on the wall here. "I can't really explain it... So.. I dunno? Maybe..?" All the while throughout this, Felix was still avoiding looking to Ashur, not knowing what kind of disgusted expression the older kid would have of him and he was afraid to find out.

Felix braced for the worst as he turned his head very slightly towards the Stupid Jerk; expecting shouting, yelling, a punch, new threats telling him to stay away from Nathan, a threat to talk to the administrator... Not because he felt any anger from Asher but he just couldn't imagine any other outcome based on what he was used to with his family, and with his old school on this kinda stuff. To his mind, he was just some new kid suddenly saying really weird things about somebody's friend.

Last edited:
Asher
Miller
Concerned

To be honest Asher was not surprised by Felix not really coming clean about his feelings. and while Asher could see them for the most part he knew Felix might not fully see or understand them. he remembered when he first had feelings for a boy he tried to deny it act like they weren't there or maybe he was just misreading them. Anything he could tell himself to deny the fact that he was gay knowing the hardships that would bring knowing that so many people in this world would hate him and treat him different for who he was. Asher knew pushing... forcing Felix to admit something he was not ready to admit would do no good, it would only harm the young boy this was something he had to be ready for something he had to admit for himself.

" okay... Okay that's okay Felix if you just want to be his friend than you need to talk to him. Explain the misunderstanding he will understand you can still be friends. If you don't know how you feel thats okay too it takes time to figure these things out." he said as he stood up from the bed " But I need you to know something... if... if you do like him or any other boy that's okay... there is nothing wrong with you and anyone who says there is just has a mind to primitive to understand that some people are different than they are not wrong just different." Asher squatted down next to Felix as he spoke h hand gently resting on the sides of Felix's legs. "The only thing you need to worry about is how you feel in here" He said pointing to Felix's heart " Then once you learn to accept who you are nobody else's opinion matters okay" He finished squeezing Felix's legs a bit and giving a big smile before getting up and heading for the door. " oh and last thing you should get ready we are all going to the pier for lunch and some fun." he shut the door pulling out his phone seeing Ruka's message he texted back.

"oh we wont leave without you ill let you know" before heading next door to his room and getting cleaned up a bit for the outing.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
[as the kids all processed everything that was going on and tried to prepare for the outing several of them didn't want to go on Mrs. Richardson was having a few issues in her office as well. As she finished her meeting and was getting everything set for the outing she had planned she received a phone call about an emergency placement due to some financial troubles with another home. Of course that would mean the outing would have to wait. " Attention everyone we will have to delay our trip out for a little bit do to an emergency we are going to be having another young gentleman come stay with us... we will still be going so everyone please be ready to leave we just need to wait for his arrival before we can go." The kids heard the announcement sound over the loudspeakers in the house Nathans iPad vibrated with a written transcription appearing on the screen.]

cody-simpson-paradise-tour-585x3531.jpg
Nick sat in the backseat of the 2019 Ford Fusion as it made its way down the highway at a blistering pace. That was a little bit of welcome relief,the traffic on this highway could be terrible at times, but since it was around noon most people were at work so Nick figured that was why the road wasn't very busy right now. Nick sighed as he now made his way to what would be his second foster home as in as many months. A week before his 14th birthday, his parents were involved in an accident. Hisparents were on their way to pick him up from a friends house, when all of a sudden a drunk driver blindsided his parents car and sent their car flipping off of the road. Both of his parents died immediately on impact and now Nick was left alone with no one, no where he could go too which is why he was forced into a foster home. Nick started to tear up in the back seat as he thought about his parents, the boy clutched onto the soccer ball that he was holding in his lap. Soccer might be the only thing that would get him through this. He was supposed to be moving away to go play for a prep school, but now that his parents are gone that wasn't going to happen. He did make the varsity team at his school though and he's only a freshman! Not many kids got to play varsity as a freshman so he was thankful for that.

Soon enough Nick looked out to his right and saw the Santa Monica beach, it was beautiful he always liked coming here. A few minutes after that the car pulled into a parking lot in front of a large house. Nick took a deep breath and started to grab his bags from his car. He had 2 large suitcases along with a backpack and a duffel bag. Waiting outside of the building would be a woman with a smile on her face trying to be as friendly as possible to the new arrival. Nick tried to smile back, but just didn't have it in him right now, the man who drove Nick here took his 2 suitcases, while Nick had his backpack over 1 shoulder and his duffel bag over the other shoulder and made sure to have his soccer ball in his hands as he walked up to the woman who looked like she was in charge here.

KaiMedia KaiMedia

Ruka Ishihara
Ruka had been humming along to his classical music in the shower. As he was just about done, he walked out to hear Mrs. Richardson's voice over the speakers. A new person? Ruka silently hoped it wasn't another 12 year old.. but you can't have everything in life. He looked over at his phone to see Asher's reply and quickly typed up another text,

well i'm out now so there's that lolol

After the boy finished dressing up in his shirt and shorts, he walked downstairs, his earbuds in his ears while his eyes were on his phone. Once he got there, he grabbed a sucker from his secret stash and laid down on the couch, turning on the TV and watching whatever was on. His eyes would occasionally go from the TV to the door, as if he was waiting for the new arrival to walk through the door.

KaiMedia KaiMedia

[ Mrs. Richardson gave a warm smile as Nick approached. " Hello Nick I'm Mrs. Richardson. I'm sorry for the hectic nature of all of this but we are glad to have you stay with us here at The Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls. now we were actually getting ready to go to the pier for lunch and to have some fun when I got the call about you so why don't I give you a quick tour and introduce you to some of the kids then we can all get ready to go." her words were soft but quick as she finished she led Nick inside giving him a tour around the home and showing him his room. As before she ended the tour in the rec room " Mhm Children this is Nick he is going to be staying with us for a while please introduce yourselves and make him feel welcome we will be leaving shortly so please be out front in 15 minutes I don't know about you but I am starving." she smiled before heading off to make the final preparations for the trip.]

Nick Kuznetsov
Nick lightly smiled back as he couldn't get himself to give her a full smile even though the woman seemed very nice. She gave him a quick tour of the house which was nicer than the last place he was staying at. Here he had his own room and it was a pretty decent size. Not as big as his room back in his own house with his parents, but that room was gone now. That part of Nick's life was gone now, and so he would have to adjust to this. Nick dropped off his stuff in his room and decided that he would unpack everything later.

They ended the tour in the rec room where a couple of other kids were hanging out. Nick stood there in his Grey Nike athletic shirt, a pair of black team workout shorts from his soccer team at school and a pair of Nike shoes. Nick just stood there and lightly smiled as he looked at the other kids, some were younger and some were around his age. Nick then turned to look at Mrs. Richardson before she walked off. "Thank you Mrs. Richardson for getting me set up here I appreciate it."

Interaction: Everybody

Nathaniel
William
emotional/Happy
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathan forced a smile as Mrs. Richardson walked in with Nick not wanting to make a bad first impression, He walked over typing as he went. As he Reached the older boy he smiled genuinely happy to meet someone knew as always, he offered his hand while his iPad spoke. " Hello my name is Nathaniel but most people call me Nate or Nathan. It's very nice to meet you." Nathan noticed a small logo on Nick's shorts of the high school that the older boys attended.

" oh... hey you go there you must know Ruru then" Nathan smiled as he turned and pointed to Ruka as his iPad spoke. "Ruru come say hi he goes to your school" he continued looking over at the older boy sitting on the couch.

coded by reveriee.

Ruka Ishihara
Ruka's eyes had been on the TV before they flickered over to the new kid. His mouth almost dropped, he had to quickly catch his sucker to stop it from falling. He didn't look too bad.. Ruka abruptly stood up at Nate's request to greet the other he quickly made sure to brush himself off.

He prayed to whoever was listening that he didn't say anything dumb in the next 5 minutes. He walked up to the boy, giving him an awkward wave.

"H-Helloo! I'm Ruka Ishihara!" He said, silently cringing at his stuttering at the beginning of his sentence before putting on one of his best smiles.

"So I hear you go to my school? How.. cool!"

KaiMedia KaiMedia Timv9 Timv9

Nick Kuznetsov
Nick turned away from Mrs. Richardson has she exited the room, and as Nick was turning towards the other kids one of them had already made their way over to him. The kid looked a little younger than himself maybe two or three years younger than he was. Nick was about to say something, but before he had a chance too the kid who was now right in front of him extended his hand out to him so that they could shake and Nick heard a voice coming from the ipad. Nick shot the kid a puzzled look at first before he extended his own hand to shake. Nick realized that the the kid was typing into the ipad so that he could talk. So either the kid must not be able to talk or he just doesn't like to talk. Either way the kid seemed nice, so Nick smiled and shook his hand "Hey Nate, my name is Nick, its nice to meet you too." Nick looked down as he saw Nate look at the school logo on Nick's athletic shorts, the boy then pointed over to a kid he called Ruru. Nick gave another puzzled look at thought to himself Ruru? What kind of name was that. He then looked over at the boy who looked like he was about Nick's age, maybe a year or two older. Nick didn't recognize him. Nick was only a freshman and school had only started back up about a week ago so Nick was still getting to know people, and to be quite honest with everything that was going on in his life right now he wasn't really feeling that social when he was in school. In middle school Nick was a popular kid, a star athlete with a lot of friends, but in school right now Nick wasn't socializing that much.

A moment later the kid named Ruru walked over to Nick and Nate. The guy seemed pretty energetic as he introduced himself, he then put on a smile that Nick had to say was definitely a nice smile. "
Uhh hey man nice to meet you Ruku right? Or is it Ruru? And yeah I guess we do go to the same school, i'm a freshman so i don't really um know a lot of people there yet, just some of the guys on the soccer team thats it." Some of Nick's blonde hair got out of place and went down infront of his eyes a little bit. Nick took a quick second to push them to the side so that he could see clearly at two of his new housemates.

Interaction: KaiMedia KaiMedia gingingin gingingin

Ruka Ishihara
Ruka let out a light chuckle, "It's Ruka, but everyone calls me Ruru"

The boy's gaze darted around, and then he quickly remembered Asher. "Ah! I almost forgot.. ahem if you'll excuse me for a moment Nick~" He said, an edge of playfulness to his voice.

"ASHER!!!! THE NEW KID'S HERE!! COME AND INTRODUCE YOURSELFFF!" He shouted, loud enough for the other to hear. He then went back to Nick, his expression replaced with another gentle smile.

"Are you hungry? I'm sure ya heard about the little lunch trip we're going to be taking..!"

Timv9 Timv9 KaiMedia KaiMedia

unknown3333222332.png

Mood: Calm / Cautious (Mildly dehydrated)
Interact: KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathaniel), gingingin gingingin (Ruka) Timv9 Timv9 (Nick)
Felix held his breath for a moment, and tried to still his resolve, having calmed down significantly after the long talk with Asher upstairs. That said he felt nervous at the thought of joining the group in the Rec Room though only because he could already hear a voice mention Nate was in there.
He gritted his teeth, let out a resigned sigh and silently slipped himself in with a smile on his face hoping that all that Asher wasn't completely full of shit with what he said upstairs.

Given his old clothes had gotten a little damp and the group was planning to properly go out in public the boy had decided to change out of his old clothes and was now to wearing something that actually looked coordinated instead of purely chucked together.
[ A red camo-print t-shirt, from afar looking like it matched the red-doodled-on cast that was on his right arm. He'd changed his pants to that of light-grey jeans. accessorised by a cheap yellow-white-black belt that made to look like a typical studded-belt but due clearly meant for a more junior-audience; being of course more colourful and each of the coloured square-stud was cheap plastic (a few missing) instead of metal but it looked half-decent for kids clothes. Felix was still wearing his simple black-metal bead on leather cord as a necklace as before. He'd slipped on a pair of small black, high-topped sneakers with neon-yellow laces. ]

Felix didn't want to put himself at the centre of attention so at first so wanted to focus on just getting a drink and silently glided through towards the Kitchen section to grab find and grab himself a glass. Quickly moving to the sink, he fumbled with the cold water-tap with his casted hand filling himself a glass and likely alerting most to his presence if they didn't see him enter.

If Nate had noticed him by this point and looked over, Felix would try and flash his friend an apologetic smile.
Regardless of Nate's notice he turned to look towards the new-new kid and gave him a wave with his casted-hand, meanwhile downing the well-needed drink. It felt soo nice to Felix's dehydrated state having the water run down his throat and clear it for him.
"Urm, hi!" He tentatively opened before wiping his mouth. "I'm Felix. The other-new kid today, so urm don't bother asking me where anything is, kay?" He let out a small laugh punctuating his last part.
Felix took obvious note of the soccer ball, and having overheard a bit of the discussion while entering he nodded to it.
"Doubt I'll be much of a challenge if your on a team and all but if you ever wanna practice later, I'm happy to go in goal?" He didn't know if a high-school freshmen would care to practice with a middleschooler but, he made the offer anyway.

Last edited:
Nick Kuznetsov
Nick chuckled a little bit "Ah okay so Ruka it is, still a little bit of a weird name but not too bad." Nick chuckled a little bit again obviously just messing around. These kids were already much nicer than the kids at the other home he was at. At that home no one really talked to him that much, not that Nick went out of his way to talk to any of them to be fair. Nick was still in so much shock about how his life had turned upside down he just kept to himself. Ruka then excused himself for a second, Nick thought he was going to walk away but instead yelled for someone named Asher to come introduce himself to the new kid. Nick blushed for a second, being called the new kid was a bit embarrasing but well thats what he was. The new kid in a new home with no friends and no one to look out for him. Nick mentally sighed as he didn't really want to think about his situation, but that's what it was for the time being.

Nick snapped out of his mental anguish just long enough to hear the end of Ruka's question. "Oh, um nah i'm not really that hungry i'm alright." Just as he said that his stomach growled a little bit and it was probably just loud enough for Ruka to hear. Nick again blushed for a second, "Well I guess that was a lie huh." Nick chuckled for a moment before another boy came up to introduce himself.

Nick noticed another boy walking towards him, this kid also looked a little younger than him, maybe about the same age as Nate. Nick noticed the cast on his arm, Nick had broken his arm when he was ten years old when he had fallen out of a tall tree he had climbed up with some friends. Nick felt a little bit bad for this kid he didn't even know, Nick knew how much it sucked to have a broken arm. He gave a small smile as the boy walked up and introduced himself. "
Nice to meet you Felix, I'm Nick, being the new kid can be be annoying sometimes so i'm glad we can do it together." Nick shot a genuine smile at Felix. Then Felix brought up soccer and said that he would play goalie for him. This drew a puzzled look from Nick, how did Felix know he played soccer? And thats when Nick realized that he was still holding his soccer ball in his hands. Nick looked down at it and chuckled. "Oh wow I didn't realize that I was still holding on to this thing." Nick then took his eyes off of his soccer ball and back onto Felix. "Sure Felix I would love that, I could always use the practice. If i'm going to be playing varsity this year i'm going to need all the practice I can get." Nick then figured he should go put his ball back in his room. Nick looked at Ruka, Felix and Nate. "Excuse me for a minute guys i'm going to put my ball back up into my room before we go out to lunch, i'll be back down in a few minutes." And with that Nick made his way out of the rec room and up towards his room.

Interacted: (Ruka gingingin gingingin ) (Felix Dawnstar Dawnstar ) (Nathan KaiMedia KaiMedia )

Asher
Miller
Happy
  • outfit

Asher was getting cleaned up in his room when he heard Ruka call for him. he quickly finished changing putting on some body spray he headed out of his room and went to head downstairs when he saw well who he could only assume was the new kid. Asher walked towards him begining to extend his hand.

" Hey I'm...." he stopped dead in his tracks realizing he knew the new teen that would be staying with them. Only in passing due to Jordan but he knew him all the same. " Hey Nick right?" he smiled putting his half extended hand down " Your on the varsity soccer team right? With Jordan?" his voice changing to less than happy as he spoke his ex's name. "Your the new kid?" he finished giving the boy a light smile.
coded by reveriee.

Nathaniel
William
Whirlwind of emotions
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathan was happily following the conversations of the others in the room when he saw the door open and saw Felix walk in. Nathan was unsure of how he felt weather it be happy, mad, sad, or something else all together or maybe all of them? He couldn't help but watch him as he walked in with a look of as many mixed feelings as he was having. As Felix approached to introduce himself Nathan instinctively moved over to put space in between them, the one thing Nathan was certain of is he didn't want what happened earlier to happen again.

Nathan did his best not to stare at the boy but this proved to be very hard he caught himself repeatedly looking over to him unsure of how to feel or what to say. Nathan smiled as Felix mentioned soccer as is usual with most British kids soccer was Nathan's favorite sport but only to watch not to play. To be fair though that was really cause nobody ever wanted to play sports with the deaf kid or really do any physical activity which lead to Nathan not having the most active lifestyle.

Moments later the older boy excused himself from the room which left him and Felix standing side by side. Obviously the other kids were in the room to one of them standing right next to the two boys but in this moment all Nathan saw was Felix. He stared into Felix his expression slowly turning to that of sorrow and apology. He knew he should say something but he couldn't move.
coded by reveriee.

Casper froze as Nathan suddenly hugged him, turning to him with what could only be described as shock, especially considering Nate had spoken and if he could speak then why the tablet talk, right? But after a moment, he was far too caught up in the fact he'd been hugged and thanked for that, beaming up at Nathan as he nodded.

This did nothing to make Aaron less angry and he plopped down on the couch, tapping at his thigh unceasingly. He thought for a moment that maybe that was it and all he'd have to do was argue with Casper who was already back to staring at him, but then Nathan spoke to him and no, it wasn't that simple. Why could it never be that simple?

Ruka echoed the sentiment on top of encouraging Casper's desire to go there and it left Aaron near twitching. He did not, he decided, like Ruka. Especially not when he was so quick to 'remind' everyone. He didn't want to go. He stared at the television fighting the urge to frown or curl or do anything other than just stare even as Casper settled beside him, leaning against his shoulder apologetically.

Then the announcement came on and that was the very last straw- Another new person and they didn't even get to avoid the trip. He stood, Casper sliding off him with a yelp. He didn't bother to look at even Casper as he said, "I'm going to... my room." The words were ash in his mouth, but he wasn't going to spend a moment longer around strangers, no matter what Casper wanted.

Casper straightened up, shock and confusion painting his face as he said, "Aaron?" Aaron didn't stop, though, and Casper huffed, flopping onto the couch unhappily. It only lasted a moment however as he soon realized that he'd get another opportunity at a new friend and a trip to the beach meant he could draw beach stuff and thinking about drawing at the beach got him so excited in general that he pranced back to the table all his supplies still sat on, flipping it back open and sketching all through it as he hummed happily to himself.

He waved to Ruka as he came back in, far too focused on drawing to do much else even if he really was interested in the newcomer yet to arrive.

Though he didn't notice Mrs. Richardson entering the rec room, he definitely heard her in the relatively quiet space. It was enough to capture his attention immediately. He looked up to the newcomer and blatantly stared, more curious about an older new face than he had been about Felix.

Mrs. Richardson's words were tuned out, instead taking in how he was dressed- Was he a jock? That would explain the ball...

He paid little attention, perhaps even a little zoned out until Ruka shouted. He jumped at the sound, whirling to Ruka with wide eyes. Felix's entrance was among the many things that failed to grasp his attention, instead still focused on Ruka. He tried to imagine what it would be like to still be hungry after the good breakfast they had but couldn't, though he knew Aaron must have been hungry again by now... He bit at his lip, brow crinkling. He should go get his brother.

He stood and left the room without a word, uneager for the conversation ahead of him but even less eager for Aaron to starve because he was being a stubborn butt.

No attention was paid to Asher, instead sliding into his brother's room to try to argue with him in earnest.

Nick Kuznetsov
Nick slowly made his way upstairs as he still had his soccer ball in his hands. He wanted to put the ball in his room before they left to go get lunch. Nick was realtively happy with how things were going so far. All of the kids were pretty nice and the woman who seemed to be in charge was taking them out for lunch. Over the las month Nick had been at a different foster home and the people there would have never taken the kids out anywhere. For a month straight Nick never got to leave that place and it just drove him crazy. He hated that other foster home, and while he would of course always miss the home he grew up in with his parents maybe this place wouldn't be so bad.

Nick made his way upstairs, and as he got to the top of the stairs Nick caught sight of another boy walking down the hallway and it looked like making his way downstairs. Nick blushed as he caught sight of the boy he hadn't met yet. He was... well to put it quite simply cute. Nick thought that this boy was cute, Nick had been dealing with another pressing issue while dealing with the death of his parents and the fact that he was now living in a foster home. Nick was dealing with figuring out his sexuality. Nick had thought that he was just going through a phase of growing up because he started to notice some boys more that he noticed girls, but as the days turned into weeks turned into months it became more apparent to him that maybe he actually liked boys instead of girls. Nick didn't know what to do with this information, so he decided to keep it to himself until he knew more. At this moment though he couldn't help but blush a bright red on his cheeks and his heart started beating very fast. He heard the boy start to talk but then stop, he also noticed that he put his hand out to shake but then lowered it. Nick was a little bit confused, had he done something wrong already? Then the boy spoke up again and already knew that that his name was Nick and that he played varsity soccer. He also knew one of his teammates Jordan who was a sophomore. Nick saw the smile on the kid's face but could tell that he didn't seem very happy that Nick was there. Nick tried to lighten the mood as much as possible even though Nick seemed to be very nervous. "
yeah I'm Nick and yeah I do play varsity soccer, I'm sorry but do I know you?" Nick had lightly chuckled before he spoke as he tried to lighten the mood as much as he could. "I um guess you know me from school? Nick looked away from the kid whose name he didn't know because he felt like he couldn't look at him, but the Nick forced himself to look at the kid again. "Uh yeah, I'm um the new kid I was in one foster home for a little less than a month and now this is my second one." Nick looked away again.

Interaction: (Asher KaiMedia KaiMedia )

Asher
Miller
Happy
  • outfit

"oh sorry where are my manners I know you because of my ex but you probably have no clue who I am... I'm Asher it's good to meet you... But I should probably head down and make sure everyone is ready we'll be leaving soon so don't be to long up here" Asher said excusing himself from the conversation with an awkward wave. It would be a lie to say he wasn't attractive but Asher put that thought aside. After Jordan he is in no mood for a boyfriend at the moment. Asher made his way downstairs as he walked towards the rec room he could see through the small glass windows on either side Nathan and Felix stood there awkwardly.

Asher knew that while yes Nathan and Felix needed to talk now was far from the right time. Asher quickly opened the door to the rec room poking his head in "Felix! I need your help with something." he said somewhat awkwardly but commanding none the less he stepped back out of the room waiting for Felix to join him hoping the young boy would accept the way out of that situation. He planned on just heading out front with Felix not like he actually needed anything besides they will be leaving soon enough.
coded by reveriee.

Ruka Ishihara
Ruka snickered at Nick's comment about his name, "If Ruka doesn't work for ya you can always call me Ruru~!"

"Well! Lucky for you, we're going to be heading out for lunch soon!"
He added before nodding to Nick as he said he was going to put his stuff up. He then sighed, putting his sucker back in his mouth. He sat back on the couch, and proceeded to just scroll through his social media.

Once he got bored of that, he laid back on said couch and sighed once more. He checked his phone for the weather, bright and sunny. He then mentally pat himself on the back for not wearing his jacket.

Ruka then thought about all the fun things they'd do when they got to the pier.. though Aaron didn't seem too happy to go along with it. Ruka rolled onto his side, his cheek in the palm of his left hand. The blond then picked up his phone for the 324th time and opened his camera.

Maybe his appearance was a bit.. on the scary side. Blond hair, tan skin, terribly-drawn tattoos, the list could go on and on. He chuckled as he looked at his "work of art" on his arms, before putting his phone back down, and waiting for the trip to begin.

Timv9 Timv9

Last edited:
[mrs. Richardson, headed outside to prepare to leave only seeing Asher and Felix she sighed giving the boys a nod before heading back inside and wrangling up all the other kids. Though some of them gave her a little trouble it was nothing she hadn’t dealt with before and it wasn’t long before they headed down towards the pier the group walked to the pier as they normally did as it wasn't too far away though the home had a bus for trip that were further away Mrs. Richardson didn’t see the point in using it for a trip to the pier on such a nice day. The arrival to the pier was a little hectic getting everyone checked in and distributing ride passes and lunch cards. But after a few minutes of the group standing around waiting for their names to be called to get everything they needed the group was inside and headed to the dining plaza for lunch there was a large assortment of types of food to choose from ranging from burgers to tacos funnel cakes and more. Everyone was able to go to the restaurant of their choice and place their own orders. As the group ate the we're each given a buddy to stay with throughout the day while they had fun at the pier.

Felix and Nathan
Aaron and Casper knowing the two wouldn’t leave each others side anyways
And then Asher, Ruka and Nick
Everyone was told after they finished eating the we're free to go do what they wanted but they had to stay on the pier. And that they were all to meet back here at five. ]

unknown3333222332.png

Mood: Excited / Anxious
Interact: KaiMedia KaiMedia (Nathaniel)
After leaving the Rec Room with Asher the two of them waited around for a while outside, making just idly chatter about about the trip out. When the group finally gathered to walk down to the pier Felix was kind of excited. He didn't mind the bright sun or the distance, it was nice to be allowed properly outside for the first time in like a month and he'd gotten really bored or just exercising in his room to burn off energy.
He did give the occasional glance over at Nate wondering if he'd be okay with how tired he looked after earlier but assumed with it being nearly midday now that he'd be fine.

Once the group was all checked in, Felix was soo ready to eat properly his noise excitedly dancing from food item to food item he could smell. It didn't take long for him to settle on what he wanted though; a nice big juicy burger, with melted cheese, ketchup, and all the trimmings the place had to offer, and probably looking way too big. Felix had a pretty simple pallet, and to him something classic like this you just couldn't beat! With it in hand and sat next to Asher as far across from Nate as he could, he just chomped down till there was nothing left on the paper plate it'd been served on but greasy stains and ketchup. He didn't order fries or the like with it, finding most sold at these places too salty for his taste.

Then the buddies were assigned, and of course, it was to be Nathan. Felix shouldn't have been surprised given they were about the same age but he knew this was going to make things difficult if Nate didn't want to talk with him. There was a long moment of hesitation before Felix knew how he'd approach this.
...Well now was better than later he guessed, as he tried to steel his resolve and put all hoping the stupid jerk wasn't completely made of shit with his support earlier. Planning something Felix pulled out his phone and began to type something and once Nate seemed was done eating he began to make his way over. Felix flicked his head for a moment getting some hair out of his eyes, double checked his clothes to make sure he didn't have any sauce on his face or his fresh clothes, and secretly hoping Nate would think he looked cool as Felix thought he did.

Sitting himself down besides Nathaniel, he caught the familiar but still confusing smell of cologne again and without saying a word he just presented his near-dead phone (only 12% battery left) to him with a message written on the notepad app. He didn't really want to make a scene here, especially with Mrs Richards right over their shoulders so this seemed like the better way of handling things. That said Felix's full stomach felt like it dropped like a little after presenting this message..
"hiya Nate sry for scarring you b4. didn't mean 2 upset you. can we be friends? =) p.s I try calling 4 you after you ran away but then Ashjerk told me your deaf? O.o?" Felix didn't know what else to really do but approach this directly and just hope for the best. Asher did say Nathan isn't the kind of person to just hate someone, and they'd just been forced to go round with each other for today so was else could he...? Felix peaked up from the phone to check Nate's expression, a hopeful glint in his eyes while equally holding his breath.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back