• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Asher
Miller
content
https:///www.Asher-Miller.com/The Santa Monica Home

The walk back to the house was calm and quiet it being paired with a beautiful sunset made Asher fall into quiet contemplation as they walked thinking about the revelations he had come to earlier on the ferris wheel. Asher quietly thought about his life up to now finnaly a simple few words his theripist had repeated to him many time through the years started to truly sink in. " You may have had a rough start in life but your past only defines who you can be if you let it." Until this moment Asher didn't realize just how much he held onto his past all the pain he suffered so young the disappointment and the betrayle from the one that was meant to love him the most.

"Don't let your past difine who you can be" Asher quietly muttered to himself as the reached the home a small amount of new found joy, hope, and passion beginning to grow inside of him as they headed inside greeted by the smell of supper. "Hey Jessica!" He said with a smile so genuine it looked odd on his face not something that would normally be there for once he actually seemed genuinely happy "hey this is Nick... He's new actually just got here like minutes before we headed to the pier. You should have come it was a lot of fun... And Nick this is Jessica she's... Well she's Jessica." He said with a teasing smile a new found playfulness in his voice.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
1627309880393.pngJessica shook her head. Wasn't it convenient that the boys showed up right then. She waved at Nathan and sighed. "Fine. But you owe me a walk outside tomorrow," she teased as Miya headed back inside. She stayed for a little longer, enjoying the sun and fresh air for a few more minutes, before resigning to her fate of being cooped up inside for dinner. Almost as soon as she stepped back inside, she could smell the delicious aromas of food. She thought of maybe sneaking just a taste of something before the food was served, but she figured stealing cookies earlier had already been a risk and she should lay low for a while in case any of the staff noticed the missing cookies. She smiled at Miya signing to Nathan, glad she was socializing with one of the boys. That was when she heard a voice greeting her. Turning, she frowned confusedly at Asher. He seemed abnormally happy and he was...teasing her? She shrugged off her confusion, making a mental note to ask him about it later. "Hey, Asher! Nick. Nice. Oh and I was there...just not exactly on an approved trip," she said with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "Yep. I'm Jessica. The one and only,"she turned to Nick with a proud smile. "Nice to meet you. I was actually thinking about starting a game of pool if you guys want to join me?" she offered with a teasing grin. "I've yet to see your pool skills," she said to Asher. "but I still bet you won't be able to beat me. You either, Nick."

Last edited:
Santa Monica Home - Rec Room
Mood: Content / Shy
Felix made his way back feeling pretty good about the way, it'd been fun, way better than he thought today might go especially after the mess he was hours earlier today. Still he felt good, if it perhaps felt a bit weird walking back to this place. It wasn't like this place felt like home, he barely even knew where anything was here yet - only having arrived this morning, had breakfast, goofed around out front and been to his room. So he got pretty quiet returning back and seeing the girls out front, really just out of a hint of shyness at being reminded he was definitely the new kid alongside Nick.

Before joining the others in the Rec Room he decided to first head to the bathroom, having drank perhaps a bit too much with lunch and having held it in during the entire walk back up here. It was quick and was soon at the sink washing his hands, as awkward as it was with the thick red cast on his wrist; it was nearly healed and it felt just fine, this time next week the cast would already be off but.. Just looking at it just made a whirlwind of emotions fill his head, his mind almost wandering for a moment back what happened before he was snapped out of it by the sound of a piano from the next room.

Confused and curious Felix finished up, drying his hands and popping through to the rec room, having also cleaned up the icecream mark on his red-t-shirt and grey-jeans. He was a little shocked seeing Nathan playing the piano, like what, that didn't make sense to him. Like he's deaf right? Why, how can he play piano? He still skirted his way around the room and sad down on a couch in the corner to listen and watch. Taking out his phone if only to have his hands occupied as he'd idly look through the photos he took on the trip out today.
He wasn't sure if he should join Nick who was getting introduced to one of the girls or not, but then again the Jerk was was over there... And after how he introduced himself earlier it'd be weird to just be all friendly now, like he didn't want to say a thing about him coming to his room earlier and about what was discussed about his family or Nathan. So he kinda just awkwardly watched everyone from the couch, even as a game of pool was being offered.

Nathaniel
William
happy
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

As Nathan Sat playing the piano peacefully feeling the vibrations radiate through his body letting himself absorb the music.

Poke

He felt the pencil contact his body he smiled always finding it funny the different ways people would try and get his attention. Poking or nudging some random part of his body was definitely the most common. He turned smiling at Miyako as she signed to him joy filling his face he loved getting to use sign language as it didn't happen very often. He looked around as he considered Miyako's proposal his eyes falling on his friend idly scrolling through his phone on the couch alone.

His heart was conflicted the desire to be kind and endulge Miyako fighting his want to stop Felix's apparent boredom. Finnaly his mind settled on what he thought to be a acceptable compromise looking back to Miyako.

"Sure but first come with me I want to introduce you to someone." He smiled getting up from the stool at the piano and heading over to Felix with Miyako following "Miyako this is my..." He paused hesitating on his next words cheeks turning a light rosy color "friend Felix" He finished signing nudging Felix lightly with his foot to bring his attention away from his phone.
coded by reveriee.

Miyako followed Nathaniel over to Felix, she hadn’t seen him around before so she assumed he was new. When Nate introduced her, she smiled and said, “Welcome to the Home, hope you have a great time here.” While saying this however, she bowed to him. She did this out of habit, her parents taught her to do it when ever greeting someone and she did it all the time when she was still in Japan. She even bowed to greet all the boys when she first came here, looks like old habits never die. Since Felix was new, she really hoped that he wouldn’t try to touch her in anyway, it would be kind of awkward explaining to him why she didn’t like being touched. She would still be in a slight bow, until he spoke.

KaiMedia KaiMedia Dawnstar Dawnstar

Mood: Shy
Interact: kakemha kakemha KaiMedia KaiMedia
Felix laughed a little as Nate came over and nudged him, putting down his phone besides on the couch him - currently a random photo from the gallery a friend took of himself at the skatepark balancing atop a half-pipes safety railing, visible on screen to anybody who peaked. "I was still watching you know? -Just kinda surprised you can play- You know since- with urm.." He said and trailed with an awkward smile as he gently tilted his head motioning towards the keyboard. He then hesitated as he watched Nate sign some more to the girl besides him, just looking lost and having no idea what was being said, and looking back and fourth at the pair as if for some reason trying to judge if the girl really understood the sign language.

"Oh urm. Thanks! -I think." Felix responded, sounding a little uncertain after all being at the foster home alone kinda sucked atleast in his own case. He looked at Miyako really awkwardly as she just bowed to him and kept it for a few moments. "Urm, well I'm Felix? I just got here this morning." He introduced himself. Felix' eyes darted to Nate a few times as if looking for confirmation if she was a nice one or not, especially after his first and then confusing encounter with Asher.
"I guess you're like not from around here, I mean like with like your accent?" He tried to strike up a slight conversation, though he had that nervous new kid nerves now not knowing how long this girl had been here for.

Last edited:
Nathaniel
William
happy
https:///www.Nathan-William.com/The Santa Monica Home

Nathaniel laughed shaking his head as he awkwardly tried to explain being surprised that Nathan could play while also trying not to mention him being deaf.pulling out his ipad he typed "It's okay you can say it.... I'm deaf." Before having the speach to text read it aloud.

He continued typing "This is Miyako she's still pretty new here but she seems pretty cool to me and she knows sign language!!! Which is awesome!!! Oooo she also play the violin!!!! N.not that I know what it sounds like but if I sit close enough it feels very beautiful." He put on a bit of a sad face as the tablet read the not hearing it part before continuing to type a final message.

"Oh!!! And she doesn't like to be touched just FYI!" Nathaniel then noticed Felix's phone laying on the couch with the picture open. He reached down grabbing the phone without hesitation for a closer look. Nathaniel couldn't help but see all the possible things that could have gone wrong in this photo but that did not stop him from enjoying the picture of Felix doing what he loves.

Man Felix is a crazy k

coded by reveriee.

When Felix spoke, she stood up straight again. "Well it looks like Nathan, said everything that needs to be said." Miyako said, laughing a little. "And to answer your question, Felix, I'm actually Japanese." She said to the boy. She was kind of thankful to Nathan for telling Felix she didn't like to be touched, it again would be awkward explaining why, so she hoped Felix wouldn't ask about it. "What do you like to do in your free time?" She asked Felix. She noticed some tension between Nathan and Felix, was it a crush, Miyako thought so. How she knows, let's just call it woman's intuition. She turned to look at both of them and said, "Anata wa kare ga sukidesu yo ne? (You like him, don't you?)" She said in Japanese, so the boys didn't understand.

Dawnstar Dawnstar KaiMedia KaiMedia

Mood: Content
Interact: kakemha kakemha KaiMedia KaiMedia
Felix looked back and fourth, listening to the Ipad's mechanical voice give the introduction for Miyako. Awkwardly he rubbed the back of his slightly listening. "Meanwhile I dunno know how to play like, any instrument. Never really ever been that good at music at school either." He added with an awkward smile, the most musical thing he could do is really really bad sing-alongs to a few pops or some cartoon-theme songs. He nodded a little on the instruction about Miyako not liking to be touched and then just sighed as Nate stole his phone from him, not that he had anything to hide in there.

Looking back to the girl herself he smiled a little laughing a little realising about the odd bowing before.
"Yeah guess he did, but that's cool. Is Japan like it is on TV, like cherry blossoms everywhere, and like, its always all super clean?" His only references were from watching shows, so he pretty much only had stereotypes but he was earnest and genuine in his curiosity. Then she asked about what he liked to do he continued.
"Oh urm I mostly love going skating." He motions his casted hand toward Nate and his phone Nate. "He's seen a few of the videos of me like just tearing up it on a halfpipe near where I used to live!" Sounding a little prideful, cocky as he said that bit. "Also like, like playing basketball and soccer a lot." The twelve year old confirmed, pretty much confirming his type as 'the sporty one'. "Also like to draw, been doing it a lot while I've been waiting for this to be taken off, and you know shipped around a bunch -its mostly just doodles." Or maybe not? Felix lifts and turns his casted arm slightly showing some of the doodles he did on it, some of them simple but there were a lot of them on there some of superheroes, some of just random doodles, a Pikachu and an Eevee - They weren't amazing or anything but he had some basic talent, you could tell what everything was.

He gave a confused, raised eyebrow at the Japanese spoken but didn't understand it.

cody-simpson-paradise-tour-585x3531.jpg
Nick Kuznetsov
Nick and the rest of the boys made their way back to the house. It was an enjoyable afternoon, but still Nick was adjusting to his new life and to his new living arrangements. He felt like he was ready to go back to his room and unpack and just realx and unwind a bit. As the boys made it into the house, Asher introduced Nick to a girl that loved at the house that he hadn't met yet. Her name was Jessica. "Hey Jessica it's nice to meet you. I would be down to play pool, but I need to unpack my stuff from my room and move everything in. I'll play with you some other time." Nick nodded to both Asher and Jessica as he made his way upstairs to his room.

Once he got into his room, Nick just plopped down onto the bed. Staring up at the ceiling as he thought about how his life would be different now that he was here.

Interactions: Jessica ( ocean_eyes ocean_eyes ) Asher ( KaiMedia KaiMedia )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back