• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sands on the Solar Winds

Shireling

A Servant of King and Country
Overview
"Sands on the Solar Winds" is a science-fiction nation builder in the tradition of "Ashes of Creation" and "Interstellar Empires." A series of player-created original species and civilizations compete for resources and political prestige in a somewhat near-future setting. We already have roughly six members and are looking for as many as would like to join. You may also join halfway through. Posting schedules are flexible, and participation in all of the main plot segments is not mandatory. We will be hosting out-of-character communications offsite (PM for details) but all in-character information as well as nation and character sheets and lore entries will be here on RPN.

SSW is narrative-based, with a chapter structure and (very) light dice mechanics. The main plot will consist of a series of international crises that will allow your characters and nations either to assist the other factions in the galaxy or take advantage of the situation for their own motives. Players can also start subplots, which can be tied into the main plots and will generally be resolved by one on one writings then posted to the subplot threads.

The environment is not especially competitive, but will allow for player interaction and competition. There will be a focus on building community around the setting which is the reason that, while posting requirements will be lenient, you will be expected to be at least somewhat active in out of character discussion. All in all, the aim is to create a setting with long-term viability and appeal with a deep lore and interconnected story points.

Current Map

starmapblackV1png.png

Nation Sheet Format and Sample Nation Sheet

NATION SHEET

Faction Name:
Homeworld/Home System:
Composite Race(s): (racial stats)
Form of Government: (government stats, paragraph description)
Social Values: (stats, paragraph description)
Military Organization: (military stats)
Ground Forces Overview:
Space Forces Overview:
Technology Policy: (stats, paragraph description)
Notable Technologies:
Social Policy: (stats, paragraph description)
Population Policy: (stats, paragraph description)
Religion/Beliefs: (stats, paragraph description)

-Notable Individuals-
Name:
Race:
Biographical Information:
Skills:

TLDR
Space nations in space, create your nation, help or hinder other people, take part in the cool main quest, etc.

Current Members are: Crumbli Crumbli Petroshka Petroshka General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch Danzo Danzo KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor

I'm new, but I'm defiantly interested in this idea. I would be willing to work as a human race, but could you give me a idea of what I would need to prepare?

I'm new, but I'm defiantly interested in this idea. I would be willing to work as a human race, but could you give me a idea of what I would need to prepare?

Exactly how new are you? Because if you have any experience with collaborative fiction or nation builders, its fairly simple to explain. If not, its a bit more involved.

Exactly how new are you? Because if you have any experience with collaborative fiction or nation builders, its fairly simple to explain. If not, its a bit more involved.
New enough that what you just said made little sense. I've played some d&d and read your guides, but except for that, nada ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw this a while back, and it peaked my interest. There still room for more players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back