• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sanctuary

yoikes

The (Not So) Evil Mastermind
The planet where this RP sets in is a planet similar to Earth, but also vastly different. it is filled with alien creatures, roaming the wild. Hiding behind the tall grass, hiding behind the clouds and the one that dive under the strong waves. Not to count the dangerous, carnivorous giant plants and insects, and many other secrets still hidden out there.

Brent_Hollowell_Concept_Art_Illustration_07.jpg

deep_sea_creature_by_xia0ma0-d3endwt.jpg

080eb4111426bb01eb5da3a6a8f9b51e--creature-concept-art-creature-design.jpg

In this world, Humanity is trying to survive.

According to records, after centuries or nomadic lifestyle. we managed to find the perfect place for a permanent stay.

The Ancestor built the Sanctuary next to the lake that gives life, a place surrounded by mountains and cliffs, their walls are disguised by a forest of tall trees, and protected by the Warriors.

But we did not settle.

Those who are fit and young, old and curious, went out to explore the world. The built small bases across the world, and eventually the big ones that they call Frontier, and those who explore the Explorers.

Every children in Sanctuary, when they are of age (17 years old), they are allowed to choose.

Stay, or see the world.

To those who choose the latter, they will be given the standard equipment given to Explorers out there, enough supply of food, weapons enough to stay alive, a map and plenty of prayers, and then sent outside the wall where they must survive until they reach a Frontier base.

Somewhere out there.

----

The setting of the RP is kinda Monster Hunter ish, if you know the game. If not, then a quick Google search will do the job.

As written above, the goal of the characters in this RP is that they can survive to reach one of the Frontier base (There will be 3 of them), and become both as an Explorer, and as an adult.

Seems cool, but is the only goal to reach these bases? Or is that just where the characters would meet?

They all will depart together, and in the journey they could group together, or turn against each other, or got separated for reasons, but they all will meet in a base.

There will be a map where you can plan which base your character is going to try to head to.

Interested! I think there'd have to be more depth in plot to try and raise the survivability of this one (like antagonists, weather conditions of each base, and even lifestyle differences of each base which attract could attract a specific set of people).

I think that the antagonist will mostly come from NPCs, or us, or maybe i can add something new... Like criminals, robbers, killers, you name it- who are kicked out of Sanctuary and managed to survive by occupying the small bases (that are mostly unguarded, as it is mainly function as some kind of a supply base / resting place for the new kids) or making small villages in the forest.

As for the base / Frontier, good idea! A Frontier for sea exploration, land exploration, and sky exploration!

By foot!

Unless you happen across one of the vehicle stored in the small bases, a boat from one of the bases by a river or a carriage (you still need to capture and tame a beast to pull the carriage, or ride it!)

Cool. I imagine the sky one will either be at the top of a mountain or held up by a million flying creatures and the sea base would have like a metal exterior so 50-foot waves, krakens and the like could not get in, and for more aesthetic: the base has multiple floors and the bottom hs like three inches of water and growing from small leaks, or

Sounds interesting. If you want I can make a character that is the lead of a rogue organization of explorers who were abandoned out in the world. I can make him sadistic, perhaps strategically inclined, and hellbent on expanding his little army by hunting down newer explorers, and making them choose between joining him, or dying.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. If you want I can make a character that is the lead of a rogue organization of abandoned explorers out in the world. I can make him sadistic, perhaps strategically inclined, and hellbent on expanding his little army by hunting down newer explorers, and making them choose between joining him, or dying.

hahaha man i was kind of thinking of something along the lines of this!

Cool. I imagine the sky one will either be at the top of a mountain or held up by a million flying creatures and the sea base would have like a metal exterior so 50-foot waves, krakens and the like could not get in, and for more aesthetic: the base has multiple floors and the bottom hs like three inches of water and growing from small leaks, or

Close!

The sky one is pretty much correct, with tamed dragon-like beasts you can ride on ships like this
005.jpg

tumblr_oggoiybYXo1ssr51lo1_1280.jpg

The sea one is more like a fort, something like this
Janjira-Fort-12.JPG

Sounds interesting. If you want I can make a character that is the lead of a rogue organization of abandoned explorers out in the world. I can make him sadistic, perhaps strategically inclined, and hellbent on expanding his little army by hunting down newer explorers, and making them choose between joining him, or dying.

Ooooh sounds nice! maybe a cult leader too

I'm currently drawing the map of the world right now, as i build the world piece by piece. It might take a little while before we could officially start, but feel free to talk about what you want to see in this RP and what are you planning to do in this RP!

Okay, so obviously there are airships, but what other kinds of technology is there? Is there Artificial Intelligence, or guns perhaps?

Okay, so obviously there are airships, but what other kinds of technology is there? Is there Artificial Intelligence, or guns perhaps?

Maybe some gunpowders that are still in experimental stage, which will result in some early type firearms like canon and muskets. But since they are still being experimented on, it's still seen as unpractical and weird by the people in Sanctuary. In Frontier however, it is starting to be seen as future weaponry as they worked very well against giant beasts.

But no AI or computers, too advanced.

i see a good chance for pirates, hehehe

Good idea, maybe a bunch of survivors who found a boat in one the river base, and then modifies it into a pirate ship, and uses it to raid other river bases in particular the one used by bandits / cultist / other survivors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back