Sanctuary

Yeah, a few. The last I saw you said something about classes to follow so I figured I was better off waiting.

Yeah, a few. The last I saw you said something about classes to follow so I figured I was better off waiting.

Added that last night. Edited in the chargen post. Mostly guidelines, to be honest. Anomaly isn't really using any of them. 

Feel free to use them as jumping-off ideas and come up with your own if you like. 

I was just reading the other CS and I can't help but notice they're written in first person. Is this just a coincidence or is that what you want? No problem either way, just checking.

I was just reading the other CS and I can't help but notice they're written in first person. Is this just a coincidence or is that what you want? No problem either way, just checking.

I have no strong preference either way, but cohesion can be nice so if you want to follow the trend feel free.

Ok.

With the skills, you say Pick 2 Skills to be rated 4, Pick 4 Skills to be rated 3, Pick 3 Skills to be rated 2 so that counts for 7 of the skills, what happens to the rest? Do they stay at 1?

Any Skill you haven't put a point into remains at 0.  This may be subject to change if it has any wonky results. 

I'm picking the Academy Assassin archetype. What does the Whisper spell do, or do I get to choose?

It creates a very small zone of silence around you - footsteps, gunshots, shouts and struggles, all mystically silenced within about two feet of the caster's body.

YES, THIS IS CEPHALOPOD

I've decided to scatter you across the Reach. Individual, maybe duo threads. It'll take me a put longer, but you three get priority now.

Here's something to help establish tone. Both the music and diorama in this video were part of the inspiration for this setting.

Also it's a good show.

I am just debating the best way to get Cord out of Unterland and where to put him.

I kind of want to have him in the Scatter with Pixel's thief...

Forgive the noob question, but never played a dice game before so not sure if/when I should be rolling or what it would mean. I could also use a recommendation for a dice generator website.

I've been using this roller since the last site update.

http://coyotecode.net/roll/

As for what to roll, generally I'll ask for a specific roll although I'll also accept requests to roll if you feel otherwise stuck.

In this case, Jacques probably wants to sneak by. So, you roll a number of 12-sided dice equal to your Dexterity. In this case, that's 4.

The Difficulty is the number you want the dice to roll equal or higher than. By default, it's 11, but that is reduced by your relevant Skill and any applicable modifiers.

In this case, the Skill is Stealth, which for Jacques is 4. That means the Difficulty is 11 - 4 = 7.

So you roll 4 twelve-sided dice, and any die that shows 7 or higher has beaten the Difficulty and is a Success. The more Successes, the better, but usually one is just fine.

What that would mean, in this case, is Jacques making a particular effort to avoid detection and get from his current location to, for example, the alley. You can feel free to roll before your post to help structure it (how skilfully you succeed, or what unfortunate happenstance leads to failure), or post a description up to what strikes you as a dramatically critical moment before rolling so I can swoop in and handle the other half in a follow up post. 

I'm probably making this seem more complicated than it is so if @Wixard @Dusky or @PixelWitch want to help out because I am not good at explaining that would be great.

I am just debating the best way to get Cord out of Unterland and where to put him.

I kind of want to have him in the Scatter with Pixel's thief...

If I need to rewrite anything, just lemme know. :)  For what it's worth, Cord will pursue anyone who claims to know more about what's going on than the next guy, as long as they aren't a common street urchin. Wouldn't be hard to get him away from home.

Need to drop him somewhere out of Unterland, having already set off. Perhaps I'll pair him up with Renate when Frixz finishes her stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back