• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sanctuary of Healing

OOC
Here

Link Nightingale

Teller of Tales
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
“I tell ya, boss, it was the fucking ghost of the Weild I tell you, came out of nowhere after I finished off the three Goblins that were trying to kill me, asked me if I was alright, then after I said that I was alright, disappeared the moment I turned my head.” One of the young adventures said as he sat at a table with a few older adventures who was now ribbing him for being scared.

There had been many rumors about the Weild, a forest located about a mile or so away from the village, the most notable one being of the ghost that lived there and of an ancient sanctuary and the caregiver there who had been known to heal any sickness or illness who guarded a corpse that refused to rot, and of course of the powerful monster's that lived there, that acted like guards to protect whatever lay hidden in the heart of the woods.

"Now, now boys, 'nough of the ribbing, just about everyone that's a local has seen glimpses of the so-called ghost, He ain't doing any harm." yelled one of the woman adventures from a few tables over, before other locals soon chimed in with their tales of seeing this so-called ghost that called the Weild it's home, what no one knew was that a group of strangers will soon come together, each looking for something different and who would uncover the truth behind the mystery of this rumored Sanctuary and its Caregiver.

Lightbloom walks into the starting town with a small bag on his back. He pauses at the entrance for a moment. It's a nice, small town, and Lightbloom particularly likes small towns. It's a welcome change from the large elven city he came from. "Darkbloom..." He sighs, wishing things could go back to normal. "I will find you and bring you home."

SoulHunter SoulHunter cinnarinn cinnarinn Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Link Nightingale Link Nightingale

The sound of the so called "giant's" approach was heard by those who passed by him in the street. Heavy footsteps made heavier by the moderate armor around most of his body. Accompanying his footsteps was the jingling of gold from a hard day's work. The exposed parts of his body were his hands, now free of it's cumbersome gauntlets, and his head. His helmet hung at his side and his green eyed gaze was locked straight ahead on the entrance to the blue rabbit guild.

He ducked as he entered the building before standing upright. His eyes, once locked straightforward, began to wander about the figures within as he walked to the bar.

Angus had been in town for a few days. His frame occasionally casted a shadow over those he walked by. But usually earned little more than a glance. He had been in town for some time, occasionally accomplishing low level and moderate level jobs by himself. In truth, he had been gathering supplies and practicing with his new and unwelcome condition.

I slightly contrast to the rest of his firm body, his arm simply swayed to and fro at his side limply. Once he reached the bar, he took his sheathed sword off and rest it. Indeed, the keen eye might notice how awkwardly his left arm simply "hung" at his side. He reached over to his left arm and simply pulled it into his lap.

"I'll take a drink. Apple Cider. No alcohol." He wished his mind sharp for what was soon to come. What rest upon the giant's mind was exactly what the people spoke of. The Weild.

But in parcing through the conversations, Angus had begun to listen to the one who claimed to have been there and come back alive. And who was frankly catching a bit a flack for it. "Little Fear seems only healthy." Angus spoke to no one in particular -- but his voice was loud enough for multiple.

"Too much fear can breed terror and panic. But a little bit of fear can keep you on your toes. Keeps you bit less complacent." He spoke generally, only able to really draw on his own experiences. "But it seems a bit strange. If it's some spirit, I'd think it would want to guard the forest -- or something. Unless it's someone who up and died there." He said, wondering how the locals might answer. In truth, there wasn't much he knew about the Weild. But what they say could well help him make sense of what he sees when he attempts to go there. And how best to react to what it is he'll encounter.

As he finished speaking, his drink appeared before him. Something sweet was just what he could use at the moment. It had been a long day, but he wanted a bit of sugar to keep the mind sharp and body active for just a little bit. But certainly not something to keep him up all night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back