• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom San Francisco

The Regal Rper

Mad Scientist

• san-francisco-san-francisco-bay-1112x630.jpg

"What about San Francisco? If you want news on it, look up any article, newspaper clip, or watch the damn TV. San Francisco is gone. Been gone since the day it turned into a giant ball of flame. Nothing remains there, but memories- and that's all I have to say."
- Richard Ruthford

San Francisco, SF or known by its official name as the City and County of San Francisco is the cultural, commercial, and financial center of Northern California as well as the birth place of the United Nations. San Francisco is a peninsula, within the state of California and is the second most densely populated city aside from New York. It is the fourth-most populous city in California, following Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Jose and is also well known for its tourist popularity.

The city itself and the surrounding area is known as the San Francisco Bay Area and the climate in San Francisco is known for its cool summers, fog, steep rolling hills, eclectic mix of architecture, and landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, the former Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, Fisherman's Wharf, and its Chinatown district. Aside from these well known facts, San Francisco is also home to the Titans Tower and the great battle that occurred on Alcatraz; both of which preside on the San Francisco bay.

Index
1.History
1.1 American History​
1.2 Earth 429​
2. Geography​
3. Places of Interest​

History
American History
For more information on the history of San Francisco consult the wikiepedia link. The general information and knowledge related to the city will remain the same with only slight adjustments included.

Earth 429
Titans Tower, is the renown base of operations of the former members of the original Teen Titans. Situated in San Francisco bay located south-south east of the state, Titans Tower III was crafted by the current Justice League member and former Titan, Cyborg, based off his father's designs for the original tower Titans Tower I. The history of Titans Tower goes back to the original formation of its core members, who overtime have either left the Teen Titans or moved on to bigger more daunting matters:

Overtime in the past, the expansion of the Teen Titans would grow throughout missions and battles they would later face in the future, causing growth to the small division of heroes through the years, eventually passing on the mantle of the Titans to future members before their own separation from the group.

Geography

Places of Interest

Last edited by a moderator:
large.jpg

Agent Love

Agent Love turned to the remaining... two. Jenna, or more factually, Sodom, was determined to be too great of a liability to allow out under League sponsorship. It was nearly a gruesome sight. With all the pressure Waller exerted, then demanding the three explain why they were members of the League, Sodom snapped and attempted to attack Waller. Keyword: attempted. Waller took the Hellhound out about as quickly as the Commander did, albeit with significantly more force. Enough that the damage Sodom took ultimately hurt Jenna, resulting in a n necessary trip to the infirmary. It was fairly difficult to pin down what was more intimidating: seeing the beast from the pits of Hell finally lash out or seeming Waller in action; neither seemed human.

This left just Kary and Aya in the Tower. It was an oddly barren situation, in all honesty. Their team, which just a day ago was comprised of four with one new addition was now pruned down to two. More specifically, Love and Aya weren't even part of the original team. As a matter of fact, almost all of Team Arrow was gone.

Skylar, Liam... they must've been back in Star City. Jenna was in the infirmary. Sodom was in confinement. Team Arrow was precisely as Waller stated: dissolved.

Even with that sullen thought, there was a course of excitement from the Tower. This was Titans Tower. THE Titans Tower that housed some of the greatest heroes to come from the League. At least two of the original Robins, Cyborg that went on to being a world leader before his eventual passing, Starfire--Thrall's mother--Beast Boy, Raven Roth and that just barely scrapes the surface. This fact was only compounded even more with the beginning of the tour when Agent Love took them to the Ground for and to the Memorial Hall. The Titans Tower harbored over forty heroes in its original run, although that did include the first two iterations.

Agent Love went into a fair amount of detail about the ups and downs. The loss of Terra, a beloved member. She explained that when the Tower housed the original Titans, there were often romantic relationships. Some pushed the team to grow, most provided distractions. Waller intentionally aligned an all-female team to avoid that complication. The major focus here was the relationships Beast Boy had with Terra and eventually Raven. The loss of Terra matured him considerably and ultimately made him a better hero. Starfire was another example in that she learned a majority of Earth culture here in the tower--not unlike Aya.

Nothing was more impressive than the large statues dedicated to the ORIGINAL Titans: Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy. There were others, sure, but those five were the ones that proved to the League at the time that the Teen Titans initiative was absolutely worth it.

The rest of the tour was somewhat lackluster by comparison, but it still had plenty of interesting traits. Agent Love showed them how to properly enter using the platforms on the side of the tower which took them to the third floor and garage. The shop and sheer amount of tools present was impressive, but it was of course made by and for Victor Stone. The next two floors were entirely designed for training and even had a modular, outdoor field. Above that were laboratories, rooms for study and so on. Finally, the suites where they would get to stay. Massive rooms in all honesty.

Massive... sixteen suites. Rooms nearly as big as the entire apartment Kary had. For just three people. It was a slight reminder of how alone they were. This facility could house far more than it did, but it didn't. Agent Love also explained these were just half the rooms; this was the female section. One might think getting to see the recreational floors above would be more interesting, but the atmosphere was akin to throwing a party only for no one to show up. The glamour wore off by this point. It became more apparent that even Agent Love didn't quite want to be here.

"Alright, ladies, I'm going to be blunt with you. You are guinea pigs in this facility. If I can make real agents out of you, you may get a larger team. And, you may ask, why would Waller reinstate this building for just two people. It's simple. We have to report everything that goes on in the Tower, but not here. This is an outlying facility sponsored by the United League of Justice, but officially, it is part of the estate of the late Victor Stone and operated by S.T.A.R. labs," Agent Love told both of them after allowing a soft sigh to escape her lips. "You went through a lot, I know. Waller is a strange man at times, but I'm going to tell you the situation he was in. The Arrows were no good for you and they ruined their reputation in Star City. That Green Arrow was a pathetic imitation of his namesake and whether he was your friend or not, Red Arrow was dangerous. They were doing harm to the League and Waller had to salvage the situation. This is the best he could come up with in the shorthand. If you want to be part of the League in any capacity, I would suggest doing your best to perform in the role you're given whether you want it or not. I'm not going to be your friend here, but I am going to help you on a less than professional level for a sec'. Forget the mess that just happened and take this place on as a challenge. You are against the odds, I won't lie... so am I. If you want to know how to win, prove that this place is worth it for training potential Agents."

Rui Rui NecroKnight NecroKnight

Last edited:
Rui Rui
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Kary felt very exhausted, mentally that was - when they made their way to Titans Tower. Kary making a mental note to NEVER try and throw a punch at Waller - despite what she possessed in her arsenal, and what she learned before her 'liabilities' were disabled. Even she was surprised at the speed, reaction and even strength behind Waller. When Jenna' dog had attacked, Kary felt the worse happen - having not been awaiting such a reaction, from the angry pooch. Kary felt more bad, when even the Commander didn't react - yet how Waller reacted, but some fear into her. Namely recalling her conversation with Dr. Reynolds - well, Waller was in no way, unarmed. She even 'thought' he hit that dog with a force - that even she might shy away from.

Nevermind the situation - what made her more worrysome was when Jenna passed out. Not having known the woman for very long, but knowing that her dog getting hurt or vice versa was bad. Good thing that Waller didn't kill it - otherwise, she might have been really, really - almost deathly afraid of Waller then.

As they headed for San Francisco - the dreaded sight of the Battle of Alcatraz. Something she had seen, when she had been just finishing school and saw that day on her PDA. A few weeks later - would she get that 'lightbulb' in her head. That would say to go to position X and await for further orders. It didn't matter anymore at that.

What she did realize, on her way to the new location, was something...interesting. When the Watchtower was behind her, she could breathe more easily, think more calmly and not suffer from shivers against her body. It was something she now realized - she hated being helpless. It was the main reason, she took to being a vigilante after Kary found out, on how she was created in reality. Kary hated seeing people be taken advantage, by the stronger. Now she had felt that same thing herself - both on a mental and physical level. If there was a purpose to strife for - she wanted to never feel helpless again.

---

Most of her problems were forgotten the moment, they arrived at the Titans Tower. This place looked amazing, Kary had never imagined being able to be here - not imagine, join the Titans themselves. Well technically, she was a Junior Agent and not allowed to leave anywhere at that. But that didn't hinder her mood for a second - as she looked around the place. Then the suites - which made completely forget her petty hate for the ULJ.

Kary kept listening and looking around the place - one plus about being half-cybernetic, allowed one to actually multi-task different things and not get confused or forgetful. Her focus soon was back at Agent Love - when the woman started speaking. Kary' mood returning to the usual dull eagerness - when the mention of guinea pigs came.

Then came the mention of Waller - well, he was beyond strange in her opinion. She also listened to her judgement on Team Arrow - despite her wish of holding loyalties, Kary found it harder to fight against it. When Team Arrow was called out on their behaviour at that. Green hadn't given her any methods to aid in education her and Red...well, she had been eager to tear into Red Arrow, for leaving her high and dry with that mis-matched call and not informing her proper about Aya.

Kary looked around the place and hearing Agent Love' declaration of having this place - be like a fresh start. It would take some effort on her part - but she was nothing, if not stubborn and eager to work for a task. Kary rubbed her face at that, speaking up - when Agent Love had finished speaking.

"Ma'am, if I may ask. What will be our goal in-general?" asked Kary, she had stepped into a bucket once - best she get all her needed questions answered immediately, instead of running around blind again. "Since we are here - what will be the object we are here to achieve? As I recall, we're to be trained as Agents. Yet we currently are Junior Agents..."

"What will the expectation, tests or responsibilites - that we shall have or are entrusted with? Will we be evaluated based on our performance here, on the field or in some different fashion?" she added. Wondering - what Waller and the League wanted to see from them. How hard should they push themselves and how far was good enough and how far wasn't. Also, when it came for them to move beyond their Junior Agent status - if the importance would be on intelligence or how their performance is. While finally - since they were now Junior Agents, what would they be held accountable for and what would they needed to do and know.

Last edited:
<will edit for bb later>
Aya was just thrilled by everything. It was all so different! Her home was so bleak...but then this? There was a bridge that was said to posses golden gates that she had yet to see, and many of the passing people wore the tied-dye upon their shirts.

She saw small green vegetables known as broccoli, and the pine-Apple on their pizza. All was so new and odd, no book given to her by the lanterns could ever compare in their dull descriptions.

"This is amazing Kary?! Is it not? Why do they wear the sandals and socks? And what are the small canines upon leashes doing? Are they assisting the humans in walking? There is no sled for them to pull, what is their purpose?"
These questions persisted until Aya wore herself out.

Once they arrived at the Tower, her energy was renewed. She could practically float she was so excited.
"IT IS SO MUCH THE SHINY!" She squealed, immediately running through the premise, quickly mapping the layout. Love would have her hands full...

Aya returned in time for Love's dialogue, nodding when appropriate.
"Yes ma'am! I am most ready!" She replied, her smile bright as Stars seemingly danced in her green eyes.
"Kary, we shall have so much fun here! It will be jubilant! Khlorztagian, even!" She paused, "That is to say, fun!" She paused once more, her face growing more scrunched up and confused, "But, I do have one issue. What are the guenia pigs? John showed some of the geographic locations of Earth to me, and I believe there was a country called Guinea. Do these pigs come from Guinea? Do you mean pigs as a literal term for the pink animal possessing pork that makes the 'oink' sound? Or the term pig in English 'sling' which is to insult?"
NecroKnight NecroKnight Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Last edited:
large.jpg

Agent Love

Agent Love listened to both girls. At first, both shared the same spark the Titans Tower could bestow on any fledgling hero. This was the place that the Teen Titans became the Titans. This was the place sidekicks became heroes. Even though that era was over, the atmosphere and nostalgia was still there. This was the place the immature and inexperienced went to become heroes. Robin became Nightwing, the third Robin became Red Robin, Starfire was here before she became an intergalactic beacon of peace, Raven was here before she was the bastion of magic--the list went on.

And, Waller sent them here to become Agents.

Nevertheless, that glamour wore off after a while. Well, at least on one of them. Aya seemed as bubbly and energetic as ever. Kary was melancholic, although that was likely because she got it the worst. Not that she didn't deserve it, but her punishment was expedited while the others was slightly delayed. Their duel with the Commander sealed the fate of Team Arrow, but Kary was dealing with consequences long before that. Even the idea of being a Titan didn't seem to pull her out of that slump.

Again, not that Love made it any better. Agent Love sighed after she realized she would be working with Aya. As a secretary, she had tact. As a leader, she simply did not. Her eyes darted over to Kary as she gave her first set of instructions, "Agent Hope, I know your magical connection to infinite internet has been severed, but do me the service of translating idioms for Aya." There was no lack of sarcasm in her voice.

On a more serious note in a more serious tone, she added, "Your title doesn't matter here. Agent, Junior Agent--forget for now. You will be trained in protocol as an Agent on any level, you will be trained in close quarters combat, general combat tactics, the status quo of the world, field survey and most importantly: teamwork. As an Agent, you need to be able to adapt. You will not always get the team you want or to fight with your companions. For example, I am part of the Vanguard. I fight with Waller himself. Imagine that. I fight... with Waller." She allowed a pause to sink in. She fought alongside the same man that made a Hellhound look tame. The same man that slammed the beast into his table with enough force to knock out Jenna. She was his comrade.

"And now, I fight with you. I have to adapt. In this case, I have to do a lot of compensating. I think you get the gist. As for evaluations, those are me to perform and you constantly be aware of," Agent Love explained, in a somewhat degrading and then daunting way. She inhaled again before she continued, "It is 1343 now. Have your stuff put up and meet me on the Fifth floor conference room at 1500," Agent Love said, giving them their final piece of instructions before she turned around to walk out.

Rui Rui

"Yes, ma'am," replied Kary, sighing as Agent Love left her with Aya. Kary leading her an Aya back to their suites - from where they would need to set things up and meet up with Love namely one hour later.

Her eyes looked over Aya for a moment - the alien girl was more cheerful than would be warranted for such a situation. Kary had time to think about things - namely, what her arrival had done. Kary had gotten a good wake-up slap at that - yet like any human, or human-like being, she was looking for people to blame. Kary knew it wasn't Aya' fault in particular - but before her arrival, Kary' situation had been better and growing. Until the perky alien came along and everything crashed down upon them. The likely alien girl didn't know any better - but the a few times, Kary had gotten the urge to simply tell Aya to shut up. But that wouldn't make anyone better - not her or Aya.

On the way to their Suite - Kary decided to explain to Aya the human idioms. "No Aya. Guinea is just a country' name. A guinea pig is an animal, a small rodent like creature. The saying being guinea pigs is just a human saying - meaning we are to be test subjects. Or in a longer description - being the first people who are tested, before others are brought in."

"In our current situation. We are being tested to see, if this place here can help turn people like us into worthwhile Agents that can protect the world," sighed Kary, placing her stuff away in the nearby closet and then lying down onto the bed. Kary wished that Aya would understand - what she was going through and stopped acting to cheery. In human terms, acting like that during a time of trial - was akin to mocking the person and the pain they were going through.

Aya nodded towards Kary as a signal of understanding.
"Yes...yes of course..."
Her green eyes had grown to dinner place proportions, shimmering and glowing with the light of a thousand suns.
"Is that...my bed...?!"
The bed featured a king sized mattress, a pale pink canopy over top. It wasn't particularly special, but it was nicer than the average model.
It was the single nicest bed Aya had ever seen. She actually wept.
In a flash, quickly followed by the snap that accompanied her teleportation, Aya was on the bed, rolling around on the soft comforter with a few joyful giggles escaping her.
"This place will be perfect! So long as I can sleep here for all my days."

large.jpg

Agent Love

"You're here early, Shift," Agent Love commented once she saw Shane enter the conference room. He was the first--and by a solid margin. An entire hour before the designated time. Far from a bad thing, but Agent Love was also far from optimistic for this team.

"I would assume that you came to see which teammates show up first," she said, adding to her previous claim. Before Shane entered, she was scrolling through pertinent files on the tablet she toted around consistently. Now, she had formally set it down to address him. It felt more like business than anything. "It's a common mentality for those from the Armed Forces, but I don't recall you climbing high up the ladder before coming here," she continued on.

Granted, if that was why he was there, then he was there for effectively the same reason she was. There was no fault in that. In fact, she was trying to get a feel for him now. She wanted to see how he would react. If he had some pride. Or, if he was the squeaky-clean soldier his profile made him out to be.

Last edited:
Years of waiting on the sidelines, watching while others risked their lives. But no more. Finally he could use his abilities to help those in need. He didn't think much past that.
As they approached the large T shaped building, Shane's face was plastered to the window screen. It was definitely a sight to behold, but most of all, a shock of nervous excitement ran down his spine. As he came to enter the building, he couldn't hide a slight smile over his attempt at a serious face.

As Shift entered the conference room, he was met by an agent. Definitely easier on the eyes than the old commander at the barracks. Approaching, his hairless brow perking up at her comment. Shift stood a short distance from her, saluting in respect, at least how he was taught to do. As she finished, he lowered his hand to his side.
"Yeah, best to see who's ready for what's to come." He lied. In truth, he simply could not wait another hour to come to the legendary titan building.
"But yeah, they sent me over due to my special set of... Skills. But you probably know that." Bright white teeth began to shine as a subtle smile overgrew the young man's face.
"In truth, they were probably just sick of me ruining their furniture. Though I'd be lying if I didn't say I've always wanted to join the league... In some way." He relaxed his body as he spoke, looking toward some images on the wall as he did so, before realising who he was speaking to. Quickly, he returned to a stiff expression, in an attempt not to offend her.
"Uh, Maam." He quickly finished his rant properly. These agents could often be sticks in the mud, after all.

large.jpg

Agent Love

Agent Love allowed a slight chuckle to escape her lips. Then a brief period of silence. It was slightly unnerving. She gave no real indicator as to what she thought was funny... but after that delay, she definitely did. "You don't possess a special set of skills--yet. What you have are untrained, unregulated Meta-Human abilities, Shift, Agent Love explained. Her tone wasn't harsh. Not like a drill instructor. More along the lines of a strict professor stating simple facts.

It was odd to see how she read between the lines, though. It served a point. Her goal was to make these Meta-Humans stop feeling special. To ever get them to train seriously, she had to drill it into their minds that their powers did not make them formidable enough on their own. In her experience, dealing with Meta-Humans required reminding them of the 'human' part. Given the fact these junior agents were also fairly young didn't help, either.

"But, that is why you're here, isn't it?" she asked. Rhetorically, of course. "To join the League as a fully-fledged Agent, you have to go through approved training with your abilities as well as standard conditioning," she explained a little more. With her explanation, she went full circle and referred to what he said. That he always wanted to join the League.

In this exchange, Agent Love was hardly being abrasive, but she was definitely creating the atmosphere that she was the teacher and he was the student. He was the private, she the sergeant. The metaphors could go on, but the point was made. After that, she chuckled again. The same type of chuckle she began with. "Just call me Agent Love. You may be ex-military, but I'm not," she explained.

Shift gave a rather surprised expression as the agent began to chuckle, how peculiar, she was definitely different to the ones that had organised his arrival here. Then again, he had hardly had a conversation with them, and the fact that she seemed more human relaxed him once more.

As she continued to talk however, a very subtle frown grew upon his face. Untrained was definitely the right way to put it, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it, he definitely didn't want to appear weak. On that note, he quickly covered his frown in a fake, almost obnoxious, smile.

Pausing for a short moment, he began to reply in a nonchalant tone.
"I understand Lo... Agent Love. I need to prove myself before moving up." Shift looked toward the ceiling. You could clearly see everything going on in the city from up there. As long as their missions involved helping those they watched over, he was more than happy to stay. He then looked back toward Agent Love once more.
"Though that shouldn't be an issue." His smile grew as he stated.

"So how are the other... Recruits?" He asked, unsure of what to name their positions.
"Or will that be covered when they arrive?" He finished with a clueless expression. Shift had grown increasingly curious since he was assigned to this 'team' position. He would be spending a great deal of time with them after all.

Kal'Aya
Aya was present in the room in a literal flash, interest piqued by the voice of a newcomer.
Thin walls.
"Hello! Are you here to accompany us? I am pleased to meet you!"
She extended a hand to the hairless male, a bright smile lighting up her face and the room.
"Who are you?" she asked, her voice still bright as ever. She still had her hand extended, waiting, the awkwardness of such unapparent to her.
"I'm Kal'Aya, but please, call me Aya. Are you an alien as well? I am Aurian, what are you? I could guess; I'm fairly well-
traveled. Slaving does have it's bonuses, yes?" Her talking was incessant; the girl was a nervous chatterbox, it seemed. Either that, or she was mentally short a few cells. Never-the-less, it was at least somewhat endearing, despite the poor English.

Last edited:
Rui Rui
Randomfella Randomfella

Kary had been lying in bed gently resting - when she also heard the newcomer had arrived, namely judging by the footsteps that came. Aya as usual was jumping around and speaking about how exciting and wonderful this new experience was - the woman in question, still didn't understand the basics of decency. Namely she didn't recall even two cents - of what this change had done to her new teammate namely - Kary in question.

Then Aya just had to run off, to welcome the new individual - despite Agent Love having stated, that they were to arrive at around 1500 hours. Kary contemplated letting Aya go and remain here - but knowing how that ended last time, Kary quickly got up and dashed after Aya, managing to reach the Conference Room. Just after the girl had opened her mouth and blabbed a good amount out already.

"Aya. We were supposed to wait, until 1500 before coming here. Agent Love was likely in the process of interviewing somebody at the moment," she replied. Not knowing if this newcomer was another recruit, Agent or somekind of other individual. She then addressed the man, in the room - giving a quick nod of her head, as a gesture of respect and friendliness. "My name is Kary, nice to meet you, Sir."

With that note, she grabbed onto Aya' shoulder and tried pulling her away. "It's also considered impolite to barge in on a meeting," she spoke, giving a 'sorry' look at Agent Love. Indicating that this wasn't their agenda, to have this newcomer see the already messed-up situation, of the Titan Tower. "Come now, Aya. Let's us return to our rooms."

The unexpected green flash caused Shift to flinch in surprise, before looking toward it to see a red headed... Or was that pink headed? Girl smiling toward him, her hand extended. "I guess that answers my question." He thought to himself as she continued. Nevertheless, he quickly attempted to regain a cool demeanor. Smiling back, his eyes perked at her question.
"I guess I look and act enough like one, but I was born here." He chuckled "...Wait, what was that about slaves?" He questioned himself internally, almost missing that part of her constant talking, her accent strange, yet somewhat intriguing.

Extending his hand gently to meet hers, he continued.
"My name is Sh..." His words were cut off by another young lady entering the room, this time with long flowing green hair, how Shane missed the small amount of hair he once had... He was caught off guard for a short moment, almost overwhelmed. This team was looking better every minute, and that was more in the literal sense.
"Shift." He finally finished his sentence, softly shaking Aya's hand, and nodding toward Kary.
Pulling his hand back toward his side, he rested his body on a nearby wall, revealing his overly bright teeth in a sly smile toward the both of them. "Hopefully we'll have more time for introductions after this." His mouth closed in a small friendly expression as he stated in response to Kary's request for them to leave, looking toward Agent Love, and back to the two of them once more.

Rui Rui NecroKnight NecroKnight Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Dante 'DEADMAN' de la Cruz

This was to be the new Titans? For fuck's sake.... It looked like they were really scraping the bottom of the barrel for this team. Dante's unamused eyes looked down on those gathered from his position above. For quite some time, he'd been just casually floating invisible near the ceiling, choosing to just watch and learn for now. No, it wasn't because he was worried that these other Titans might be better than him, who gave you that silly idea?!

Either way, that clearly wasn't the case. What he saw was a rather motley crew: A multi colored soldier-boy, complete with saluting action; a bubbly, alien chatterbox that didn't seem to have a 'mute' button; and a high strung, serious girl that seemed intent on reigning in the bubbly one. Well, if nothing else two of them were easy on the eyes.

Then again, they'd probably be a giant pain in the ass for him. The soldier boy would likely be that guy who walked around with the regulations book tucked under one arm, after all. The girl, Kary... She seemed like she might be a bit of a buzz kill, but then again maybe her patience was just worn thin by the other. Eh, he could give her the benefit of the doubt for now. He could see how being around someone that bubbly could grate the nerves. As for the bubbly one... She probably didn't have enough common sense to pay for street savoir faire....

He almost snickered at his own wordplay. Almost. He'd have to remember that one for later.

For now, though, he figured it was time to make his presence known with one of his favorite tricks: The Cheshire Cat.

He often found it fun to scare his targets with this trick while on the job. True, more often than not he could kill them in an instant before they even knew he was there. That, however, wasn't as rewarding as making them experience fear. After all, the bastards he hunted down thrived on the fear of others. Before their passing, it seemed only fitting that the damned experience the same terror their victims felt. That and a healthy dose of excruciating pain...

It started out innocently enough. He floated down towards the one who was trying to leave, a wide grin spreading across his features. Then, when he was eye level to her, his mouth materialized, but nothing else did, so all that was visible was a floating smile. Well, it looked more like a frown given he was upside down, but the point remained....

"Oh, no need to leave just yet. It wasn't a meeting so much as the toy soldier deciding to be super gung ho and show up extra early." Dante decided to clarify, though to anyone else it would look like just a talking mouth. "Since we're all here though...." He paused, the grin slowly rotating as Dante did until it was right-side up. "Can't we get our group meeting started sooner rather than later? Seems kind of silly to keep us waiting when we're all clearly so eager..." He quipped as glowing emerald eyes slowly materialized above the mouth. All the while he was watching them, seeing if they'd flinch or show any fear.

If this trick was enough to scare them, they wouldn't last long, after all. Why the hell was he so worried about this before? These guys were nothing special...

Oh well, that was enough fun for now. He closed his eyes and let the rest of his body materialize, a cocky smirk still on his lips as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, since everyone else went through the trouble of introducing themselves.... I'm Dante de la Cruz, but I also go by Deadman. Since none of you are my targets, I'd prefer if you called me Dante. When I get called 'Deadman' it makes me think I'm working. Ya know, because criminals always, ALWAYS pull out that same played out line 'Don't you know who I am? If you don't let me go right now, you're a Deadman'" he rolled his eyes as he mimicked that usual cliche that seemed to be a graduation requirement for villain school. You'd think one of them would eventually realize that demanding to be released while being held 30+ stories off the ground wouldn't end well....

At least it gave him a decent codename if nothing else.

"So how about it, Love. Can we get this freakshow on the road?"

large.jpg

Agent Love

1423. There they all were. For better or worse. Shane was as green as a spring leaf. Didn't seem to have an ounce of guile in him. Aya was a ball of energy with no Earthly sense to her. Her level of knowledge might change, but her personality was likely set in stone. Love was well-aware Kary likely still had a heavy weight on her mind, so she was hard to assess. Partly due to the fact half her brain was basically shut off; if her primary coping mechanism was intellectualism before, she now needed a whole new approach to life and stress. Then there was Dante. Dante was the opposite to Shane in a lot of ways. While still naive and overeager, he was a problem child. He had a lot of things going against him--mostly his own attitude.

Dante seemed to need an immediate adjustment. Agent Love allowed her eyes to narrow on the young man before she replied. "You will address me as Agent Love, de la Cruz. Not Love. Not Ma'am. Not whatever is running through your mind right this moment," Love replied to him, stiffly taking over the room. Shift saw her earlier was more relaxed, but her attitude swiftly adapted to those in the room. She was still a far call from militant, but her authoritative tone was still there.

"I decide what happens and when, for instance," Agent Love continued on, although she transitioned into a whole new action. While one hand held her clipboard and tablet combination, her freehand was behind her back. Was. Her action times were insane. In the time most of them had even processed that she pulled her arm out, she had already fired a disc from a modified firearm at Dante. Even if he could react--and he could phase out re-actively--the disc was designed to deal with his abilities specifically. Not matter manipulation: ectoplasm. The disc itself did one thing and one thing alone: suppressed his powers. Even if he wanted to shift out of it, he couldn't. This was just one of the ways Love intended to keep them in check.

"Each one of you will be equipped with a personalized suppressor. Take Deadman there as an example. His is temporary... until I put on the permanent one. I assumed he would be resistant. The devices work by nullifying your specific abilities. This is the first stipulation of being a Titan. Until I deem you trustworthy, even your abilities are under my command," Agent Love explained. Her gun 'folded' down and she returned it to a compartment on her back before pulling out three more discs--each considerably larger than the one on Dante.
These discs had some type of synthetic mesh around them, likely for comfort, around a single metal plate. No flashing lights or LED's, just a hard metal surface with three slight indentations.

"Agent Hope will not receive a suppressor nor will her remaining abilities be suppressed,"
Agent Love continued on. She looked to the other three, then scooted each individual disc at them to make sure they received the correct one. "This is non-negotiable, so do take the device and apply it firmly to any flat portion of your body. For you two men, I would suggest your chest. For you, Aya, I would suggest the thigh. You could place it on your back, but I've heard reports that becomes uncomfortable for sleep. And, yes, you will sleep and bathe with these."

Note: The walls aren't thin.

It wasn't even something he did consciously anymore. Whenever he saw the hint of a threat, he just instinctively went ghost. That subtle movement of a hand coming from behind the back. Many times it was a false alarm, but he still lost tangibility every time he saw that motion after so many close calls. Even if consciously he couldn't react fast enough to dodge, subconsciously his natural defenses triggered in a futile effort. His intangibility lasted perhaps the amount of time it took to blink before he was forcefully brought back to tangibility.

"What... the hell?!" He looked down in shock at the device that had latched itself onto his chest. As Agent Love explained the device, shock turned to fear, and fear into anger.

"So... this is how it's gonna be...." he murmured before his emerald gaze snapped up to Agent Love, his eyes narrowing in anger at his so-called superior. "This is the thanks I get for doing your fucking job? The Injustice League abandons San Francisco for decades, my old man dies picking up their slack, and now you stick a fucking leash on me after I spent the last three years doing the same?!" He made no effort to hide the anger in his voice, his fists clenched as he slowly walked towards her.

"I should have known better than to think this UJL would actually amount to something. We're all just a bunch of unruly dogs to you, aren't we? We're just a bunch of stray mutts and you're the appointed Alpha Bitch" He feigned a bow to her. No doubt she knew Dante had a problem with authority. Given his upbringing and his life until this point, such a thing would hardly be a surprise. Her method of addressing it though... If she thought she could just subdue Deadman that easily, she had another thing coming. No, trying to subdue him by force would just cause him to rebel just like he did against his mother, teachers, and anyone else that thought pain of force would work against him. His pride would never allow him to bend like that. Nor would it allow him to show fear...

"So this is really how the new Injustice League operates." he mused as he reached her desk at last, glaring down at her. He reached to his waist, producing a M1911 Colt .45 pistol from its holster. "I was meaning to ask why my guns were all unloaded while I was sleeping last night... Did you think I wouldn't notice the difference in weight?!" He snapped, pointing the gun at a wall and pulling the trigger...

'Click'

"I guess I have my answer. In spite of the fact I came here willingly because I wanted to help, in spite of the fact I've been at this three years already, you don't trust me. Or is it even about trust?... " he holstered his sidearm, leaning on her desk now as he watched her. After several tense moments, he picked up the device she had laid out for him. "I'll play your game for now. Not like you've given me any choice in the matter, it's clear walking out now is something your Control Program won't allow. So I'll play along, but let me make some things clear....." He lifted his shirt and fixed the device on his left pectoral.

"Trust is a two way street. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I came here, but you burned that bridge.... No, you fucking dropped a nuke on it. So I don't trust you, and I don't like you. You may think you're in charge, but you sure as hell ain't any kind of leader I'd want to follow. I'm only sticking around because I have to, and because I want to be there when you realize all this bullshit...." He paused to point to the device now affixed to his chest. "Is going to cause innocent people to die. I hope your conscience can handle a second Alcatraz." He stood up, shaking his head as he stalked away from the desk, shoving his hands furiously into his pockets.

He couldn't let anyone see he was shaking...

For as long as he could remember, his powers were his escape, his safety net. He could rely on his powers to get him through any obstacle, literally and figuratively, but now... He had nothing. He was no different than an ordinary human, and that was terrifying. Now he couldn't hide behind his powers, so he hid behind words instead. He refused to let that bitch know how shaken up he was. No way in hell was he going to give her that satisfaction.

He made his way to the corner of the room, leaning against the wall in silence. He was stuck here now, and he could only hope he was wrong about what he said...

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

"I used to think the same way, Dante..." replied Kary, whom for the most part had kept her silence. The young woman in question soon looking at the guy whom was skulking in the corner. The devices in question had been...well a rather harsh way of teaching them how to do things or rather to keep them under control. Since she doubted, many superpowered beings would listen to an ordinary human - if they stood on an equal footing, then they were more willing and forced to listen - whether they liked it or not.

His reaction reminded him of her own - when it had happened to her. But for the most part Kary had enough time to come grip to the situation. Albeit, him pulling out a gun was going too extreme - he was basically asking for it, with his attitude. She had honestly expected, needing to jump between Love and Dante - if he had pointed it at her. Although, knowing Agent Love and Waller in general - she would have likely mopped the floor with Dante.

She knew, she needed to get over what happened - so maybe talking with another might aid in moving forward - or atleast, letting her experience be a warning to another. "I can't do anything wrong, since I have my powers. What do they know, whom are ontop of their satellite, all day huh?" she humored him, albeit her voice lacked a humor behind it. "I got shown, what happens when you think, like that. A galactic-level disaster...fortunately for me, it had been only a test. But it proved a point..."

"You think that is bad...."
she asked pointing at his chest, then moved to tap her head - making the immitation of a key, locking her head and then throwing the key away. "You don't know nothing..."

To be honest, the strange figure appearing in such a manner was unnerving. However, Shift expected more strange things to occur here, and managed to keep a stern, strong figure. This 'Dante's' abilities seemed far less threatening than his mouth, however. "Does this guy ever stop talking?" Shane thought to himself as he watched the young man continue to rabbit on about his edgy vigilante persona.

Shift glanced toward Agent Love, wondering what she would think of this, surely she knew more about each of them than they knew of one another. Then she started to take command.
At first, her attitude relieved Shane, clearly she had a strong personality, a good attribute if she was to be leading him and the others.
However, Shift couldn't help but flinch as she wrapped her arm from behind her, shooting the would-be invisible man, it was insane how quickly it all happened, and yet time seemed to slow, as if it were blocked by the tension in the air.

As she procured a disc for him, Shane analysed it, staring intensely at the device. He didn't know anything about this kind of technology, but anything that could take away his powers, even temporarily, was daunting.

His focus was cut off by Dante going off on a complaint filled rant, perhaps understandably, but he definitely had it coming.
As he pulled out a .45 however, Shift froze in position. Should he jump in? Strike him before he could act? What if he couldn't control his powers when he did so? Agent Love didn't seem to react instantly to it, causing him to pause.
As the scene played out however, it became clear what the confrontation was about. But Shift needed to seem un-phased by the commotion, so once more he loosened his body, and let out a tooth filled grin.

"Too bad that disc doesn't do anything about his mouth. Now that's the kind of weapon that could drive you insane." He mocked jokingly as Dante finally went to brood in the corner, Kary soon seeming to try to comfort him. It caused Shane to wonder why exactly she didn't have a disc. It seemed she had quite a history with this institution. In many ways Shane was eager to learn more about all of them.

Finally, Shift observed the disc in his hand once more, still reluctant to apply it. He stood up straighter once more, a small somber smile now present, he turned toward Agent Love.
"And how long do you think it will be before we can be trusted?" He questioned softly.
"Sorry, it's just a bit unexpected, and does seem a little unnecessary... For some." He continued, slightly groaning at the sight of it, before finally pressing it toward his chest. It seemed his attitude wouldn't get him out of this one.
"Hopefully it's element resistant." He let out a single, short chuckle.

Rui Rui NecroKnight NecroKnight Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

large.jpg

Agent Love

Agent Love listened to them. Aya was still pondering over the device, but the other three were definitely vocal. She expected as much. Especially from Dante. In fact, his exact reaction was predicted with enough accuracy that it justified the forceful application of the device. However, she even saw wavering confidence in Shift. No doubt, this was quite factually a difficult change to deal with--regardless of their ambitions or attitude.

Agent Love let out a soft sigh once Kary rebuked Dante. Not that it would help, but because it meant she could get a word in edgewise. "Lance Corporal Gabrielle de la Cruz," Agent Love spouted off, demanding the attention of the room with a simple name. A name only Dante truly knew, but one it wasn't hard to otherwise deduce. "Served a total of seven years, denied promotion to NCO three times in his career and was considered a combat specialist. That is the man you are talking about, Dante. The Angel of Death... an admirable soldier. Every report I found on him noted him as disciplined, intelligent, competent and loyal. Those same reports also state your father was a combat fanatic. He denied advancement to stay in the field longer--and by the reports in in marksmanship and close quarters assessment, he was a damn good at it."

Agent Love allowed that a moment to sink in. There was no scrutiny. In fact, there was a genuine sense of admiration in her voice. "It's true, he became a vigilante, but last I checked... your father did not possess powers, Dante. He was a fantastic soldier that took on organized crime without the ability to phase through bullets or lift things with his mind. No... his mind was focused on the mission. His body was honed into a weapon. Even if disarmed, he was dangerous. That's how he survived the streets. I read the reports and they are nothing short of impressive," Agent Love continued to explain. She was transitioning to her point.

"You are nothing like that, Dante. You couldn't last a minute in the ring with your father, you can barely fire a gun and you have no understanding of combat tactics or field survey analysis. Quite frankly, you have no idea what you're doing. To be honest, I'd choose your father over you in virtually every scenario. I was a mercenary for several years before joining Waller--and even then, I crossed his lines repeatedly. By every account, your father--in his prime--was a man I would trust on my six," Agent Love explained further, hammering her point home.

"You are undisciplined. You are untrained. You rely on your abilities to do anything. You're hardly a man. My job is to make you one. The Titans Initiative is designed to make you into a soldier that could compete with your father, then to teach you to use your abilities to push you even further--to make you a hero. Not the other way around. We are not here to teach you to be a ghost. Likewise, we are not here to train Aya to be a pyromaniac, Shift into a living tank or Kary into a cyborg menace. You are here to become Agents, to utilize your powers effectively as Agents and to work as a team. Otherwise, you'll end up a body in a ditch," Agent Love then said with a fair amount of solemn reality.

Agent Love then looked each member of the group in the eyes. She gave them a moment to process what she was saying. She shifted from her focus on Dante to a more generalized statement. "As long as you think you need your powers, I'm going to keep them from you. You've all been treated like special snowflakes up until this point. You've got it in your heads that you are something more than the average person. Fact is, you aren't shit right now. I'd rather have a trained soldier like Lance Corporal de la Cruz over all four of you. Until that changes, you don't deserve to progress with your abilities." Agent Love finally told them all. In so, she effectively gave them their ultimatum. She put them in their place and defined their role.

Agent Love explained to these junior agents just how far down the totem pole they were.

"You don't know nothing..."

Dante just rolled his eyes. That statement could easily go both ways. This girl didn't know anything about him, what his life had been like, or what he was even thinking. No, she was really fucking far off. Shit, he knew firsthand how far south shit could go if your powers chose not to work properly. Or, as was his case on his first mission, if you have someone that is able to effectively render them useless. No, he could appreciate the need to improve. The only problem is, that's not how it came off to him at all. No, this came off as Alpha Bitch putting a leash on them.

Sure, it was scary being without his number one coping mechanism for the first time in his life, maybe he flew off the handle a little more than necessary, but he had his reasons. He had survived this long thanks to split second decisions. Decisions often made under extreme duress. Adding this little control factor into the mix, that'd make things all the more complicated. What if someone's life hanged in the balance? Shit like this would make any of them hesitate, wondering if their powers would be given back in time to act. If they started hesitating like that, they were little better than useless. That, in fact, was why he said those strange devices would get people killed.

"Lance Corporal Gabriel de la Cruz,"

If Dante's head had snapped up any faster, he'd have given himself whiplash. Perhaps A.B. wasn't so bad after all... As she spoke about his father, he felt a smirk starting to widen once more across his features, much like it had when he made his first appearance. He didn't care about what she said next. She was trying to compare him to his father, and even Dante wasn't so brash to think he was anywhere close to standing on the same level just yet. No, his father was a fucking Legend. A Legend he aspired to be like someday. Hell, he'd even considered joining the military to follow in his footsteps before the Titans Initiative was brought up to him.

"The Titans Initiative is designed to make you into a soldier that could compete with your father,"

He didn't need to listen any more past that point. She'd said all he needed to hear. By now, that smirk was a full on shit-eating grin that he made absolutely zero effort to hide. Perhaps Agent Love knew that this tactic would be more enticing to Dante than her earlier demonstration, or maybe it was just sheer coincidence. For better or for worse though, she had his attention, and she had him fired up.

His head fell back in a deep, excited laugh for several moments. Oh yes, she had him fired up, perhaps without even meaning to. As his head relaxed back into his natural position, he threw his arm out sideways to slam his fist into the wall with a resounding 'boom'.

Dante wasn't shaking anymore.

"Well then...." His voice betrayed his excitement. "What the fuck are we doing just standing here then? When can we get started?"

For just a moment, Deadman's gaze flicked off of Agent Love to look at the other male in the room. Just because he hadn't openly retorted to his little remark didn't mean it went unnoticed. That score would have to be settled later...

"I can't be the only one itching to get started, right?"
He added with his trademark smirk, letting his eyes leave Shift to bounce between the others in the room, waiting for them to give some kind of reaction.

One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

"Dante-" sighed Kary, trying to play the voice of reason in the modest collection of various people. Aya was too bubbly for the situation, Shift too rookie and naive and Dante seemed to regain his modest mood - once talks shifted from getting his powers cut to speaking about his father.

Albeit, he seemed to miss the point of Agent Love' talk - they needed to grow beyond their 'snowflake' ideal and become as any average persons training to be a law enforcement officer. The average job she had, was learning and training to be a mechanist - doing the oddjobs repairing various appliances and cars, whenever she had the time - getting some apprenticeship from the nearby car shop. Maybe she needed to get a hobby - all this over-thinking was bad for health.

Although Kary wasn't again the idea of getting some training done - it would help take her mind of her thoughts and build up teamwork, if they needed to do some phyiscal exercises as a team. She hadn't been able to blow off steam, for awhile now - especially after the Watchtower visit.

"-it wouldn't hurt to have a little patience, and taking a seat and letting Agent Love finish her explanation. While your not the only one, open, to starting our training - your the most vocal about the situation, Spooky," she teased, giving a smile in reply. Having managed to crack a joke at the 'new guy' expense. It was a tiny one at that, but it was a step in getting here moving forward again.

large.jpg

Agent Love

"-it wouldn't hurt to have a little patience, and taking a seat and letting Agent Love finish her explanation. While your not the only one, open, to starting our training - your the most vocal about the situation, Spooky," she teased, giving a smile in reply. Having managed to crack a joke at the 'new guy' expense. It was a tiny one at that, but it was a step in getting here moving forward again.​

Ah yes, that does transition into one of my next points, Agent Love said, following up immediately with Kary. Agent Love knelt down slightly to pick up a briefcase that was below her and sat it on the table above. This was obviously more formal than the discs they have just received. Something more pristine. The discs were proprietary measures, but the contents of that briefcase? Officially licensed League gear. She unlocked the case once the group at their discs applied, Aya being the last to reluctantly place it, then began to pull out and gently place four dark-stained cedar boxes in front of her.

"You will earn everything here--including your names. It was brought to my attention that there already existed an Agent by the name of Deadman... now there is actually no rule against duplicate titles, but it did give me an idea. I have full authority over you four, including what your official name in the League is. Your new identity. So, when your badges were made, I programmed in four names I felt suitable. Just until I think you earn the one you want," Agent Love explained. Her tone was an odd mix of authority and glee. It seemed she took pleasure in 'naming' her subordinates. This was not the same tone she used with Dante, either. This was new. This was odd.

She pushed each smooth box gently towards the four. Inside each box was a set of perfectly fit WTComms v1, WTBand and a League Identification Badge--with the exception of Karoline. She was given her Comm unit earlier, meaning her box contained only a Band and Badge. "Each come with instructions. Read them religiously. These are yours and yours alone. Of all your gear, these are the most fundamental. There is no asset more valuable than communication and the bands provide more data than the discs. Difference is, you'll eventually lose the discs. Even I still wear a Band," Agent Hope explained.

"As for your badges. These are your official forms of identification. They are accepted globally. They use DNA recognition when needed, so no one else can use it. You will have restrictions based on where you are in the world and your rank, but you won't run into many problems unless you want to leave on lockdown or eventually make it to the Watchtower. As for the Titans Tower, these badges are the only way you're getting in or out. As you see, they have a 3M chip used by most vendors. In essence, these can also be used as credit chips anywhere in the world--within reason. Don't think this means free money; it's intended for missions alone. In fact, it's deactivated for now. The point is, you won't need your wallet on a mission. Just these. If you want money, go cry to your parents," Agent Love continued to explain, going over some of the details of their badges.

"Oh, and as for your names. Shift, Spark, Scorch and Spook. Shift, you luck out. Your name fit the pattern. Karoline, you are now Agent Spark. Aya, Agent Scorch. And, Dante, Agent Spook. These are your official titles. Officer scans your badge? You come up as League Junior Agent Spark. No way around that. I will only be calling you by your titles as well, so get used to it," Agent Love explained to them in a fairly matter-of-fact way.

New names. New gear. While not all of them may have liked their new names, one thing was certain: it was beginning to feel real.

"So, Agents, any questions?"

Rui Rui NecroKnight NecroKnight Randomfella Randomfella One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost

"As long as you think you need your powers, I'm going to keep them from you." The notion rattled in Shane's head for a minute, he really couldn't understand it. Weren't they brought in specifically for their abilities? As far as Shift knew, he wasn't some sort of master fighter who could break down a wall with his bear hands. No, but hands made of solid iron or carbon, now they made it easy. But perhaps that was the point Love was trying to make. At least this way he didn't risk accidentally hurting one of the others during training, now that was a relief.

Soon after she finished, Dante continued to rant on, eager to jump into the fray. The idea of the four of them running straight into a mission worried Shane, he knew almost nothing about them, or their powers. He wouldn't show it though, giving him a closed mouth smile in response, brow raised as if to add further mockery. Perhaps this guy had a problem with Shift, not that it really mattered to him.

As Love pushed the box toward them, Shane inspect it intently, now this was what he was waiting for. Real league gear, communications, identifications, all vital for their missions. "The only way in or out?" Shift's mind flashed back to his early training, and the amount of clothing and accessories he ruined during them. Though he snapped back into attention as his name was mentioned. An open smile extending across his face.
"Sounds superbly satisfying." He responded with further alliteration, his tone hiding laughter. "Spook!" Laughter filled his head, she may as well have named him casper or something. Spark and scorch were interesting names, though he was sure he would soon find out the exact reason for them. Thankfully he could keep his, he thought it was a pretty good one after all.

His mind returned to his original thoughts.
"And what if our equipment is lost..." "Or more likely." He thought to himself mid sentence. "Or damaged?" He asked, looking toward Agent Love.
"I don't exactly have a good record with gadgets." He gave an awkward chuckle as he continued.

Kary pouted at that, as she had been called over from her name as Ghost to Agent Spark. She didn't know whether to be annoyed, confused or simply laugh at the obvious poke at her. She wasn't sure, why she was given such a callsign - was it because she was a cyborg, her occasion of almost breaking-up when she got an earful from Waller or the fact, she might short-circuit if dumped in water? Albeit, in the last case - she was water-proof on that regard. Otherwise, she'd been found out years ago.

Atleast she could admit, it was better than getting labeled Spark-y. It was a good thing they didn't add a -y end to her name - that would have too much of a humiliation to take. Kary then looked over the Band and Badge - atleast it was good enough, that she finally got these. It begged the question of why didn't Red or Green Arrow ever provide her these things.

She turned her attention back to Agent Love - when the woman had asked, if they had any questions. The badge seemed reasonable in its application, and the idea of having useable money - mission only, but something there - was also a good thing in her opinion. Namely Kary was interested in the various add-ons that one could install and sync in with their WTBand at that. "Agent Love. I assume, that the choice of having the extra add-on installation that are made to sync with the WTBand will come at a later date?" she asked. Namely Kary was curious on when, could they have the various chemo, baro or other receptors or sensors installations offered to them. Some of these things could vastly improve her situational awareness. Plus for her adapting body it would be a most easy surgery to have such things installed and make her a more valueable member of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back