• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Samurai] Lofi-Champloo [Open Again]

Mx.Trinity

Pro Stranger
To set the mood:

22a524cd7d2016991c9db083e42921eb.png

So... you wanted to be a samurai, huh? Well I got bad news for you pal... your luck just ran out. That's right. You just got a bounty on your head... so what are you gonna do about it?

Look... since I like you I'll give you some info: Most of you ronin and vagrants don't make it to the next sunrise; but if you play your cards right... maybe you can find someone to help you out. Me and my crew are meeting up... just before dawn. You've got till then to get your ass over to us. Ain't no point tryna run this game solo... you're gonna need help. I've run into a few of you so maybe it'll be a good turnout. Who knows, well... I gotta run. Maybe I'll see you maybe I won't. Ciao

0aa0be8fdef5531ee6a6f71caf30edca.png

This will be a tight group of up to 10 people. Let me know if you're interested or have questions. This will also be a detailed RP Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
Fiiinnnnneeee....just make a regular samurai retainer, or a...ashigure.

Wonder what I should main as a weapon? Yari, naginta, nodachi, or yumi?

I'm with morgroove, interested but there's far too little information about what's actually going on. Judging by the name I'm wondering if this is going to as cartoony and unreal as Samurai Champloo or if you're looking for something more real? What's actually the plot? Who will I be playing?

I'm drawn in at first glance but left wondering about a lot of things. What's your vision here?

Why the hesitation?
I like your premise (Samurai Champloo is a timeless classic, after all), but the intro post doesn't give me much to go on, I don't know anyone on this site well enough to guess at the quality of their writing, and I want to have a look at the turnout before I promise anything. Basically just the usual, and nothing against you personally.

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi I've made a Mugen hahaha so yes there will be unrealistic aspects to the roleplay. It won't be a historical re-enactment hence why it's here in the fantasy check.

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze The plot for this roleplay is that each of us are going to be either a ronin or a vagrant. We form a group of comradery and we help each other out with our quests. These quests will revolve around removing the bounty that is on our heads. The combat I'd like to be semi-realistic. However with that being said, each character will take on a trait(s) from something in the real world. For example someone could take the animal "cat" and have enhanced vision, super quick reflexes. That's one example of many, insects and the like are also permitted.

Reason for the traits is that we won't just be fighting humans. Afterall this is a fantasy setting. All of this will be covered in the Prologue. I wanted to see how many people would be interested before I started writing the bulk of story, but that's a good paraphrased synopsis, for now.

Edit: Oh! Our main objective aside from the bounties will be to keep each other alive! This will be very important to the story

Semblance Semblance

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, after reviewing the information available should I reserve a spot?

Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze I understand if that's made you lose interest btw, just let me know so I can make sure to reserve or open the spot for you.

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi you too, just lemme know!

Also if you have any more questions, no matter how specific just ask.

Can I play a big-ass nobleman's son who killed his father over a matter of honor, and now wanders as a ronin with a nodachi and his pa's full ō-yoroi armor? (the really menacing 'shogun armor' you often see in japanese works, with the spooky mask, shoulder-plates and everything?) We need a big dude, right?

Can I play a big-ass nobleman's son who killed his father over a matter of honor, and now wanders as a ronin with a nodachi and his pa's full ō-yoroi armor? (the really menacing 'shogun armor' you often see in japanese works, with the spooky mask, shoulder-plates and everything?) We need a big dude, right?
Lol there aren't really any restrictions as far as body type or anything like that goes, so feel free!

Can I be a duo they'd be the Twin Headed Hell hound. One with quick reflexes but low strength and a small frame, the other a larger frame thus longer reach with their polearm and more strength but less speed. Would that be fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back