• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Samurai] Lofi-Champloo [Open Again]

This is pretty realistic. It has fantasy elements like demons and stuff but the combat is realistic enough. Like I told the other guy, aint no one gonna be slicing boulders with a katana unless they use some kind of martial skill or their spirit guide allows such a thing (hint: no animal of any kind can allow such a thing)
ah, right, they're just pretty particular with time periods and fc's, so realistic probably wasn't the best term to use, that was my bad ;; i should learn how 2 speak english
but that's good, I was hoping for an rp just like this, so y'all are a godsend

ah, right, they're just pretty particular with time periods and fc's, so realistic probably wasn't the best term to use, that was my bad ;; i should learn how 2 speak english
but that's good, I was hoping for an rp just like this, so y'all are a godsend
Mhm. No worries.

ok ,, so this is embarrassing but since I haven't delved too far into japanese culture and history, I'll say that I've only been acquainted with pretty basic concepts and such, which I can totally understand could be a deal-breaker for my joining. Kick me out if I'm so terribly uncultured, but I thought that instead of disgracing all of japan by trying to pretend that I know what's going on, I'd rather make either a foreign character or someone who has yet to be immersed into society (i was thinking parents on the run, maybe paranoid, not entirely sure yet.) Of course, I'll take it upon myself to research a bit more, but if you'll still have me I think I could still make a pretty well-rounded character :> so yeah, don't laugh at me and lemme know whatcha think

edit: *cough* jouji episode six *cough*
You won't need to have any complex knowledge about japan for this roleplay. All you need to know is that it takes place in the Feudal era and there are no guns. But yeah, should I reserve a spot for you?

This looks really cool! Is there anymore information/details about the plot/setting you could give us?

You still have room? I'm a long time L5R (1st ed) tabletop player. Love the genre. Didn't scan all the posts yet, but was thinking of a Ronin archer as what I did see mostly seemed to be close combat. (I certainly may have missed something.)

You still have room? I'm a long time L5R (1st ed) tabletop player. Love the genre. Didn't scan all the posts yet, but was thinking of a Ronin archer as what I did see mostly seemed to be close combat. (I certainly may have missed something.)
I believe we have room, welcome aboard!

Btw, we each get two characters?
I believe so...? I don't want to answer on behalf of anyone, but I think I saw that we were encouraged to have two characters as a way to avoid letting anyone get behind, in a sense that if one character is occupied you can still interact with your other one. Probably.

I believe so...? I don't want to answer on behalf of anyone, but I think I saw that we were encouraged to have two characters as a way to avoid letting anyone get behind, in a sense that if one character is occupied you can still interact with your other one. Probably.

Ill tell you that its a strong probably. But dont hold your breath. It honestly depends on the number of players you know?

Yes, as I mentioned before I'd like each of you to create two characters. One to roleplay and maintain the story and the other to serve as a place holder for when and if your other character gets locked in an interaction and youd like to move forward. Basically like being two places at once if it comes to that :)

Yes, as I mentioned before I'd like each of you to create two characters. One to roleplay and maintain the story and the other to serve as a place holder for when and if your other character gets locked in an interaction and youd like to move forward. Basically like being two places at once if it comes to that :)
I definitely like the idea, I'll have to say I've never roleplayed with two characters in a single rp before but there's a first time for everything :^)

This is pretty realistic. It has fantasy elements like demons and stuff but the combat is realistic enough. Like I told the other guy, aint no one gonna be slicing boulders with a katana unless they use some kind of martial skill or their spirit guide allows such a thing (hint: no animal of any kind can allow such a thing)

THE HONORED STONE-CUTTING BLADE IS NOT JUST A 'KATANA', YOU BAKA GAIJIN.

It's been in the Oda line for GENERATIONS! This hallowed blade, honored be its name, is a Nodachi!

It's a really big, two-handed katana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back