• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Salem Academy

Main
Here
Other
Here
I have a question regarding Poison Cooking if you wouldn't mind. Neo Alice Neo Alice

Does the power activate even if it is a precooked food but needs to be microwaved? ie. A hot pocket or TV dinner.

I have a question regarding Poison Cooking if you wouldn't mind. Neo Alice Neo Alice

Does the power activate even if it is a precooked food but needs to be microwaved? ie. A hot pocket or TV dinner.

In those cases, no. Microwaving it won't activate it.

But things like... Noodles (like ramen) idk how to explain it right but those that need you to put hot water in the cup before eating them, that will activate it

Also also, questions for telekinesis:

Can you move multiple things at once as long as you see them or does it take effort and you need to train in IC? Can telekinesis, at first or after training rebuild things? Final one (probably), when do our powers surface? At birth or at puberty or..?

Also also, questions for telekinesis:

Can you move multiple things at once as long as you see them or does it take effort and you need to train in IC? Can telekinesis, at first or after training rebuild things? Final one (probably), when do our powers surface? At birth or at puberty or..?

If you move a person, then you'll need to focus until you train ic. But objects don't require much focus, so you can move a least 4 at the same time

However remember that not seeing it equals to not controlling it. Be careful of how you move them since you need to be able to see them all

You can't and will never be able to rebuild anything just with telekinesis, you can only move things with your mind so even if you put the pieces back together you can't make them stick like that if you're not seeing it

Everyone gets their power at 14, on their birthday.

In those cases, no. Microwaving it won't activate it.

But things like... Noodles (like ramen) idk how to explain it right but those that need you to put hot water in the cup before eating them, that will activate it

Thank you for your response! So, it's basically when any ingredients are combined. Do all the ingredients have to be food? For instance, would the power activate if he added sand to water? Also, is there anything noticeably different in poisoned food? Like the taste, texture, or aroma?

Thank you for your response! So, it's basically when any ingredients are combined. Do all the ingredients have to be food? For instance, would the power activate if he added sand to water? Also, is there anything noticeably different in poisoned food? Like the taste, texture, or aroma?

Well no, those mix won't activate ir (i don't know why would You want yo mix water anda dando but well)

They get a faint purple aura but taste and look good, by training You may hide it

Just trying to get a feel for the power and its limitations. Sneaking a little sand into someone's water bottle when they're not looking could have made for a rather nasty surprise.

Just trying to get a feel for the power and its limitations. Sneaking a little sand into someone's water bottle when they're not looking could have made for a rather nasty surprise.

If you put sugar or salt on water it will become poisonous, and won't be as noticeable as sand (aside from the faint purple glow)

i finally finished up my CS!

that took much longer than i anticipated

Since i think we have enough accepted characters to start, i'll make the IC thread as soon as i finish the Lore and post it. All of you who still have a WIP/Placeholder CS please finish it

olive.tree olive.tree read your boi and YES please! thing is tho, sherry went through a major character change holy moly. she'll probably only get to have that fluffiness once people start tolerating her :< buT if you're still down for that, YES PLEASE!!! i love the idea of her learning the ability to take back promises bc she doesnt wanna dissapoint the resident dad.

alternatively, i also like the idea of her immediately covering her ears and completely not listening to anything he's saying and him possibly misinterpreting that as her being rude

Neo Alice Neo Alice hey hey! i do believe i'm basically done though ill be adding in some fears and likes and dislikes soon. ^_^ and possible some extra stuff into personality just bc i feel like its a lil empty t-t

please lemme know when there's something i need to change or if its too much or if im missing somethin ^w^ and thank you again!

on another note, more questions! hope you're ready for em.
plot-related
> kinda. where will the ic be starting? like they been rescued already and are just chillling right now? fresh off the compound?
> would it be possible to return to the ruins of the compound? or at least attempt to?

power-related
> what would happen if someone said two promises that contradicted one another? like i promise to kill you, then immediately after, i promise not to kill you/protect you from harm?

olive.tree olive.tree read your boi and YES please! thing is tho, sherry went through a major character change holy moly. she'll probably only get to have that fluffiness once people start tolerating her :< buT if you're still down for that, YES PLEASE!!! i love the idea of her learning the ability to take back promises bc she doesnt wanna dissapoint the resident dad.

alternatively, i also like the idea of her immediately covering her ears and completely not listening to anything he's saying and him possibly misinterpreting that as her being rude

Neo Alice Neo Alice hey hey! i do believe i'm basically done though ill be adding in some fears and likes and dislikes soon. ^_^ and possible some extra stuff into personality just bc i feel like its a lil empty t-t

please lemme know when there's something i need to change or if its too much or if im missing somethin ^w^ and thank you again!

on another note, more questions! hope you're ready for em.
plot-related
> kinda. where will the ic be starting? like they been rescued already and are just chillling right now? fresh off the compound?
> would it be possible to return to the ruins of the compound? or at least attempt to?

power-related
> what would happen if someone said two promises that contradicted one another? like i promise to kill you, then immediately after, i promise not to kill you/protect you from harm?

Plot Related:

The IC starts on their first day of classes. They have been on the academy for a week or two resting and recovering since the rescue, but this will be their first day attending to lessons. They are all assigned to the same classroom together

Going back to the ruins will be possible but by then it won't be nothing there. The scientists cover up their messes

Power Related:

They can't promise something opposite to a previously unfulfilled promise. Their body won't let them. Quick clarification though, they can both protect someone from harm and kill them if they truly believe that the only way of protecting that someone is to kill them themselves. I can't stress this enough: the promises work on the brain on the promiser, so according to their beliefs they can exist some loopholes. Especially since their words play an important part (i.e. if i promise not to stab you, i can still cut you)

I just read your (probably) finished sheet and she’s such a fun character! Gotta love a little bit of self loathing in a character, and the whole ‘thinking she’s a psychopath’ thing is really cool.

I’m totally down to play out those sorts of scenarios :-D

oh extra extra thing! relationship plotting related thing! i asked Neo Alice Neo Alice for permission on this detail thing so its okay!!

Tamriel Tamriel Kmbrly Kmbrly CystalChompound CystalChompound proiettile proiettile Yuu Vee Rays Yuu Vee Rays olive.tree olive.tree Kwayzar Kwayzar Kent Kent NightMovez NightMovez OrWangatan OrWangatan Clouds Clouds
the idea was that the scientists forced the children to make promises to her. (And feel free to resists the scientists' attempts!!)

although, it should be noted that this is a feint and merely a smokescreen to deter rebellious kids a lil bit, like she cant actually hear anything, but like to make it seem like this stuff real, they used one of the kids they deemed no longer needed for testing to break a promise or something. They probbly showed it to the kids too. The feint might probably only work for a lil bit though, depending on whether your character decides to test the waters and attempts to break any of the promises they were forced to make.

Tbh the point of this idea was that now shell need to work hard to get anyone to like her, much less tolerate her. Fun times for me, not so much for her.

She probably was outwardly treated nicer too by the scientists to really ostracize her from the other kids and to manipulate her into associating some positive things to the compound.

Very excited to plot w yall on her messy af relationships haha ^^

Last edited:
honestly, i think that soruka would immediately test what he could and couldn't do... i think they'll be pretty good friends lmao

I don't think that would work with Vera. She becomes super rebellious once she's caught and she figures out what they are doing, so she doesn't speak unless forced. So unless they forced her to make a promise she doesn't want to make, she won't be vocalizing anything. There's also the fact that she considers all the other forced occupants of the Compound as family, she more than likely couldn't hate her.

I’m working with the narrative that Curtis spent his time with the scientists isolated and usually drugged, so that’s not gonna work out with him. He’s meeting everyone for the first time on Day 1 :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back