• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Salem Academy

Main
Here
Other
Here
I don't have any questions I can think of. I'll wait for more people.

If it's alright, I'd like to ask some questions please ^_^ Neo Alice Neo Alice
Plot-related:
- is it correct to assume that some of the kids have been there for far longer than the others?
- if the compound had recess idk, were most of them allowed to mingle or was that a privilege distributed based on power threat and good behavior?
- how much information can/did the kids have on each others powers?

Power-related:
- is there a time limit to how long the other person has to keep their promise? Like if she got them to promise her to get this hard to procure thing, do they have their whole lives to get it for her or they gotta get it as soon as possible bc otherwise theyll die.
- like if someone promised to never lie to her, is that a lifetime deal unless she states a duration?

Neo Alice Neo Alice , can we make up our powers as it says on the cs? Or does it mean something else? If so, can i use someyhing between a cross of telekinesis and upgrade.

New powers are only for secondary characters (meaning 16 yo or above, or teachers)

You can't fuse 2 abilities a call it a new one, it must be completely original (not based in the ones for protagonists at all)

If it's alright, I'd like to ask some questions please ^_^ Neo Alice Neo Alice
Plot-related:
- is it correct to assume that some of the kids have been there for far longer than the others?
- if the compound had recess idk, were most of them allowed to mingle or was that a privilege distributed based on power threat and good behavior?
- how much information can/did the kids have on each others powers?

Power-related:
- is there a time limit to how long the other person has to keep their promise? Like if she got them to promise her to get this hard to procure thing, do they have their whole lives to get it for her or they gotta get it as soon as possible bc otherwise theyll die.
- like if someone promised to never lie to her, is that a lifetime deal unless she states a duration?

Yes, some kids were a full year and others a fer months

It was a privilege to be allowed to be with others, however kids with dangerous abilities that were a risk to safety (Collapse, Replicator) were usually kept highly sedated and restrained while kids with dangerous abilities that had a weakness (Gaging them, covering their eyes, immobilizing their hands, etc.) Could have this privilege if they behaved properly

About your power, it depends on the words used on the promise. But it will always be as fast as posible. But if (example) someone promises to give her something their body will make them do it, but lets say that they can only get the object after an hour (because that's how long it takes to go and come back or just because is the only moment available to grab the object) then they won't have consequences

Things like "i promise i won't lie to you" are vague and not permanent, after telling you one truth the effect will pass. If they promise "i will never lie to you" then it is permanent ( just in case you wonder, if the character that makes the promise truly believes that a lie is actually a truth then they won't have a consequence by saying it as a truth)

The consequences only happen when the character is unable to keep the promise (Maybe they can't walk but promised to run? Or they got caught robbing something for you and now they're in jail so they can't give you the object? You get the idea)

Also their body wont force them to keep the promise unless they are planning to break it in the first place or are delaying doing what was promised on purpose

Also, she can't control a promise (i mean you could force someone to promise something by threatening them with a gun but that doesn't mean you have more power over the promise itself) and she can't release someone from a promise they made to her for now (if she does some training IC maybe she will). So if someone promises the kill her then... You know, she can't do anything about it (aside from running or fighting)

CystalChompound CystalChompound

You can't turn stones into gold with upgrading, it's not alchemy. You can only make it stronger. A stone could be as hard as diamond but it won't turn into an actual diamond. You're limited to improving characteristics of the object (A katana in your hands can cut steel like if it was butter, a a gun shooted by you would created minimized explosions where the bullets impact instead of just piercing or bouncing)

Also the effect is not permanent until you train it IC. From the moment your character is no longer touching the object with their hands it stops being "upgraded"

Last edited:
[ spoiler=Put your title here]The spoiled info[/spoiler]
Just make sure there is no gap between [s

CystalChompound CystalChompound

You can't turn stones into gold with upgrading, it's not alchemy. You can only make it stronger. A stone could be as hard as diamond but it won't turn into an actual diamond. You're limited to improving characteristics of the object (A katana in your hands can cut steel like if it was butter, a a gun shooted by you would created minimized explosions where the bullets impact instead of just piercing or bouncing)

Also the effect is not permanent until you train it IC. From the moment your character is no longer touching the object with their hands it stops being "upgraded"
Ohhh okay. So upgrade only upgrades its characteristics but not it's actual value?
Also also, will we be using discord or ooc for this?

Oh, that’s also handy. I’m learning so much! Also, I finished her! Might change some aspects later, but I finished her!

Hey hey, Neo Alice Neo Alice , for questions in relation to upgrade. If i use weak materials, for example toilet paper. Does it thicken as if it was 10 plies of tissue sfuck together or does it become so strong to the point i can block blow w it?

thank you so much! those are super informative. ^w^ Neo Alice Neo Alice

i still have a couple of questions and thoughts, if that's a-okay
power-related:
- so the way the power activates isn't restricted with the prefix of "i promise [insert promise]"? is it like any verb said to her kind of deal then? is "i will kill you" or "i'll be helping this person out with kitchen duty" applicable for her power to activate?

- so they can resist it, but how far can they push the slight resistance without toeing over the absolute not-doing-it line, the line which leads to death? can they procrastinate on doing it for a little before the compulsion starts to rear its head and the longer they go on with that procrastination, the stronger the compulsion until eventually, that compulsion cant be resisted at all?

- in direct connection to the previous question, let's say, someone was to get her a hamburger, and they promised, but like they're hesitating with handing over the burger to her bc idk maybe they wanted to eat it or something. and let's say the body does force them to try and hand the burger over, but the person resists it enough that they dont hand it over. is the compulsion an immediate insta-kill or a build-up kind of thing?

- is it also correct to assume that her promises do give a lil boost to the body's capabilities a lil? as an example, let's say there's a battle, and someone said "i promise to come back alive to you after this battle." will the body exert extra effort in making sure it stays alive like with an adrenaline boost or something? or is it something that could happen if she trained her ability? or is this is and never will be a feature?

on that note, i'll probably have her annoy someone to death until they jokingly say "i s2g ill kill you". any volunteers lmao[/b][/b]

Neo Alice Neo Alice
Can we change powers if we want to, cause i just realize i have a hard time even making a cs for Upgrade due to the rule where its properties instantaneously dissapear once the connection between touch is lost.

Hey hey, Neo Alice Neo Alice , for questions in relation to upgrade. If i use weak materials, for example toilet paper. Does it thicken as if it was 10 plies of tissue sfuck together or does it become so strong to the point i can block blow w it?

Being resistant isn't a natural characteristic of toilet paper but i would be a little stronger. But that's not its main feature, enhanced toilet paper can absorb a lot of liquid and clean quite easily almost anything (not solids)

thank you so much! those are super informative. ^w^ Neo Alice Neo Alice

i still have a couple of questions and thoughts, if that's a-okay
power-related:
- so the way the power activates isn't restricted with the prefix of "i promise [insert promise]"? is it like any verb said to her kind of deal then? is "i will kill you" or "i'll be helping this person out with kitchen duty" applicable for her power to activate?

- so they can resist it, but how far can they push the slight resistance without toeing over the absolute not-doing-it line, the line which leads to death? can they procrastinate on doing it for a little before the compulsion starts to rear its head and the longer they go on with that procrastination, the stronger the compulsion until eventually, that compulsion cant be resisted at all?

- in direct connection to the previous question, let's say, someone was to get her a hamburger, and they promised, but like they're hesitating with handing over the burger to her bc idk maybe they wanted to eat it or something. and let's say the body does force them to try and hand the burger over, but the person resists it enough that they dont hand it over. is the compulsion an immediate insta-kill or a build-up kind of thing?

- is it also correct to assume that her promises do give a lil boost to the body's capabilities a lil? as an example, let's say there's a battle, and someone said "i promise to come back alive to you after this battle." will the body exert extra effort in making sure it stays alive like with an adrenaline boost or something? or is it something that could happen if she trained her ability? or is this is and never will be a feature?

on that note, i'll probably have her annoy someone to death until they jokingly say "i s2g ill kill you". any volunteers lmao[/b][/b]

They must say they promise, or swear or a word like that. A statement is not a promise. I doesn't have to be a prefix exactly, just that they use the word and is directed at your character (if they are promising something to other person it won't work)

They can't resist it, they only get killed if by external reasons they can't keep the promise. They can't procrastinate bc the promise is in their head, so if they try to their body will make them do it anyway. But if the promise is made at 9 am but the place that sells the hamburgers she wants only opens after 2 pm then they won't be forced until after 2 pm (and only if they weren't actually going in the first place)

Uhm... Someone that promises to return alive from a fight would get a boost to evasiveness (even if they're not good at it) and wouldn't be able to hold back (so no mercy from them). They would get tired but their body will force them to keep the pace, like if they were a puppet. Just remember you can't bent reality and they could still lose the battle. They will do anything within their power to win, but that's it. You can't actually give them the victory

Neo Alice Neo Alice
Can we change powers if we want to, cause i just realize i have a hard time even making a cs for Upgrade due to the rule where its properties instantaneously dissapear once the connection between touch is lost.

It's ok, what power would you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back