Saiyans Have No Limits (OOC Discussion)

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Here we will discuss any and all things regarding the RP and just shoot the breeze between posts!

Glad to meetcha!!
---------------------------------------------------------------​

Character Skeleton

Name: (Please be original, no copy cat names from the franchise, thank you)
Picture: (Anime preferred)

Power Level: (Starting power level, ask me to help you choose it)
Techniques: (The basic techniques your character knows, even if they're not original to them and were learned from someone else. No copy cats of franchise attacks.)
Special Traits: (What makes your character unique as a fighter?)

Years of Experience: (How long has your character been in the Saiyan Corps or whatever profession they occupy?)
Role: (Vanguard, Medical, Intelligence, Communications) (If not a Saiyan, ignore this)

Height:
Weight:
Body Type:
(Mesomorph, Endomorph, Ectomorph)
Voice: (Please find a voice example, either song or spoken dialogue)

Personality: (Please give us a one paragraph personality description (about 5 sentences))

Biography: (Please give us at least a basic bio of one paragraph (about 5-7 sentences) about your character)

Last edited:
Saw the interest check and decided to give this rp a go. Funnily enough I share similar opinions with ChoShadow about the Dragon Balls and all that noise.

I have added the Lore Page!

Please go read when you have time!

Yes, my character Nomiya is functioning as a catalyst for the events that kick off the RP. If you'd like your character to have any relation or familiarity with her or a link to her circumstances and what she's trying to do, I'm open to discussing the possibility!

Enjoy!

Hey everybody!

I've added info on transformations and power scaling for said transformations to the Lore Page linked at the top of this one. I'm trying to keep things simple, so hopefully you like what you read!

I would not mind at all. Do you have some finer details to share now so I can approve of them early?
I dont have much finished for him but so far my idea is hes nonchalant and easily bored. He seeks out opponents with interesting skills rather then powerful foes, he finds that its far more fun to fight someone with some creativity then to fight someone who has just power and nothing else. I also know i want him to excel in his speed and ki skills.

I would like to know more details about the different branches of the Raid Corps before i think about what kind of role/class he would be.

I dont have much finished for him but so far my idea is hes nonchalant and easily bored. He seeks out opponents with interesting skills rather then powerful foes, he finds that its far more fun to fight someone with some creativity then to fight someone who has just power and nothing else. I also know i want him to excel in his speed and ki skills.

I would like to know more details about the different branches of the Raid Corps before i think about what kind of role/class he would be.

Okay!

The four branches all operate separately, but as stated in the lore page they maintain communication and cohesion amongst themselves while answering to the Royal Family.

The Vanguard branch handles combat, and just like in any military-like branch you have Commanders (always 1st Class at minimum), Lieutenants (either 1st or 2nd Class), Captains (2nd Class), and everybody else (any rank of 2nd or lower). They usually operate in tight nit groups of around 15-30 individuals to a group.

Commanders take up about 2.5% of the Vanguard. Lieutenants 7.5%. Captains 12.5%. And everyone else is 77.5%.

Medical Branch is exactly what it sounds like. Anything and everything to do with medical. Contrary to the Vanguard Branch, the Medical Branch doesn't bother with Classes. You have Combat Medics (like Nomiya), Mobile Medics (the ones in tents at outside bases near combat zones), Evac Medics (deployed most commonly in losing battle situations), and standard Base Medics who remain in established base locations either on or off world.

The Intelligence Branch gathers information on planets they're going to Raid such as inhabitants, power levels, populations, etc. They also handle the gathering of intelligence during war time against enemy races. The internal workings of this Branch are largely classified, but the general idea is that, from highest to lowest ranks, there's a Head of Intelligence (HOI), a Chief Officer of Intelligence (COOI), Head of Logistics (HOL), Head of Operative Allocation (HOOA), Head of Information Organization (HOIO), and then you have the operatives/agents taking up the rest. Arguably they have the most dangerous jobs given their proximity to the enemy on a consistent basis.

Finally we have the Communications Branch which is a large, multi-headed organization run by a Chief Executive Officer of Communications (CEOOC). Beneath him are personally hand-picked subordinates who take charge of Long-Range, Short-Range, Interstellar, Inter-Galactic, and Royal Communications. And beneath these individuals are a host of teams delegated to maintaining and enforcing communication lines and streams at all times.

Hope that helped!

Heya i just noticed the game and was reading up a bit, Had a concept for a Saiyan since that seems to be a thing (Was origionally a Android in another game that fell apart but easy enough to convert.)

There thing was going to be a rather unique look for a Saiyan on the entire Ki as a whole, going for a far more Zen approach to things after exposure to multiple other cultures. So actually became far stronger than they should be less from raising their Ki Level, more more in how they used it combined with Martial arts. So rather than a Knowledge of what Key is, its more of a better Understanding/Feeling of what it is.

If that concept works i mean, Would likely put them somewhere between 1st Class and Elite, though has perhaps beaten some of the lower level elites despite that in how they approach a fight. Not sure which division to put them in....was thinking maybe Intelligence branch to justify the travelling aspect as a Scout/Recon type. Threw together a recolor of the older character to try and get a more Saiyan color scheme (May make a few more adjustments)
Nira.png
Any thoughts?

Oh also, do you use a discord at all for faster communication or is all communcation on the site?

Last edited:
Heya i just noticed the game and was reading up a bit, Had a concept for a Saiyan since that seems to be a thing (Was origionally a Android in another game that fell apart but easy enough to convert.)

It's an interesting concept to be sure. I only have one issue with it, but it's kind of a philosophical one which could potentially be debated.

So here goes:

The issue I have with the idea of "zen" making the character stronger is that zen, by its very nature, isn't strong. It's controlled. And while being in control of yourself and your Ki is inherently beneficial, it does not increase the level of Ki your body is capable of outputting, nor does it increase the level of strength your body possesses.

So, here is the compromise I can offer.

While your character won't be "stronger" than their power level would suggest, they will have the following traits working for them:

* Your character can be in Intelligence as a Scout/Recon unit, or whatever you decide on ultimately
* Your character can most certainly be in great control of their Ki with their Zen approach to using it
* Their natural feel for what Ki is and how it flows through the body will make them more responsive and will make using powerful Ki-based attacks easier, but they'll still feel the effects and become exhausted if they do too much (but it will take longer to reach that point)
* Their natural ability to use and understand Ki will help them learn to mimic other techniques more easily, though it will never be a "see it once and now I've got it" scenario (they'll have to practice and fail several times before getting it right)

If this all sounds fair to you, then I believe you are ready to start working on fleshing this character out and getting them ready for the RP!

The idea was it didnt increase there Ki or Strength, but how they applied said Ki and Strength, effectively allowing them to overcome stronger obstacles due to that.
Picture it like a Punching, Stronger Person is Punching to the Body, She is Punching to the Kidney, Head etc. The other side is less likely to have their emotions drive them towards poor decisions.
Regarding the Bullet points in Order.
  1. Cool ill work with that.
  2. That works
  3. I suppose it would be they are more efficent with it, hence why it takes longer to reach that point and there endurance is higher, less waste for same results.
  4. Will be interesting to see, or maybe they make there own version taking the origional as the inspiration rather than straight up copy.

The idea was it didnt increase there Ki or Strength, but how they applied said Ki and Strength, effectively allowing them to overcome stronger obstacles due to that.
Picture it like a Punching, Stronger Person is Punching to the Body, She is Punching to the Kidney, Head etc. The other side is less likely to have their emotions drive them towards poor decisions.
Regarding the Bullet points in Order.
  1. Cool ill work with that.
  2. That works
  3. I suppose it would be they are more efficent with it, hence why it takes longer to reach that point and there endurance is higher, less waste for same results.
  4. Will be interesting to see, or maybe they make there own version taking the origional as the inspiration rather than straight up copy.

I see. I can understand the intended effect. Still, I'm wary of allowing such a point because it opens up the potential for God-Modding because it becomes rather easy to make up whatever reasons you want to justify overcoming a specific obstacle.

I've had that happen in the past with other role-players, so I always have to watch for potentially God-Modding allowances like "I know how to use Ki better so I can use it in ways you don't expect, like pushing it into your body and severing the nervous system at the base of the skull to paralyze you from the neck down with one well placed chop of the hand with Ki going into your body from it."

No joke, that was a real life explanation in a past Dragon Ball RP I made years ago.

So as long as you ensure that you keep it reasonable and don't take things too far or try to explain away overcoming an unbelievable obstacle because "I know Ki," then I will be okay with the concept you're working with. Sound fair?

Just got done seeing DBS: Broly, and suffice to say it's put me in the Dragon Ball mood. I think I'll give this a try.

Yep that sounds good, It was also going to give her a line of progression that was a little diffrent than standard....sets her apart from the Saiyan Stereotype, had a few ideas involving the Tattoo's on that image but eh can see what comes around. Maybe with a saying like "Strength isnt the only way to Strength" or "Overcoming a Limit? Well theres plenty of bigger things for most Saiyans to overcome than that first".

Yep that sounds good, It was also going to give her a line of progression that was a little diffrent than standard....sets her apart from the Saiyan Stereotype, had a few ideas involving the Tattoo's on that image but eh can see what comes around. Maybe with a saying like "Strength isnt the only way to Strength" or "Overcoming a Limit? Well theres plenty of bigger things for most Saiyans to overcome than that first".

Perhaps!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Cool, anything of note I should know before start working on a new frost demon (besides what's listed in the lore)?

Lore has been updated with some more information
Cool, anything of note I should know before start working on a new frost demon (besides what's listed in the lore)?

I was thinking, in this particular RP and for the purpose of keeping things simple, that there would only be the "final" form which is the true form of the Frost Demons.

Frieza's family, thanks to a mutation, were so strong they had to develop transformations to help control and contain their immense power. But in this RP the Frost Demons are normal Frost Demons and don't have that mutation that made them uber powerful.

So in this one, there is no "first form," "second form," "third form," "final form" like Frieza had in the show. Just the final form which is your "base" form for the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread