Saiyans Have No Limits (OOC Discussion)

Also....OOC was not giving me update alerts via email, so only now seeing the responses.

Oh the ships got Fire inside it.....Ok ima edit the response.

Yeah, so had Nira dump water on herself and jump inside to get that life force.....waiting for a response seems silly, same with shooting the person whos on fire is unfair like she said lol

Protects from Heat from very short duration. Its things that works IRL like running through flames in a wet blanket/towel...Nira's picked up little things like this from her travels.

I mean tbh in a Fire its the Smoke that gets you more than the Heat, but it can help a little but its very fleeting. A Damp blanket is better but even then thats very short and just buys a couple more seconds. However when its a situation like that? those few seconds can count. But IRL? its the absolute last resort.

Damp Cloth over face can also help against smoke.

Doctor gets snappy when called out lol. But yeah, pointed out the things missed in her initial post with the speed and everything....Nira notices the little details so really hard to get BS past her especially if she was actually there when it happened.

Heh. We got a bit of a catfight in the IC now which is kind of a funny coincidence that we just rescued a cat girl.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Jz-ahn Jz-ahn And yeah, Nomiya's being a bit of a bitch. Lol.

Her pride as the best medic in the Corps was called into question, so she's protecting it as best she can. Typical Saiyan.

She's young and prideful, and she's got a lot to learn and a lot of growing yet to do. Lol. So please try to forgive her OOC at least. She'll get better. I promise.

Nah its fine, Janes not much older, but Older mentally. Likely from her exposure to diffrent cultures and growing up off world.
Shes more pointing little things out, throwing the odd trick around and playing some games.

Nah its fine, Janes not much older, but Older mentally. Likely from her exposure to diffrent cultures and growing up off world.
Shes more pointing little things out, throwing the odd trick around and playing some games.

Heh. Nice.

Yeah, she might just want to keep quiet and just shake her head at Nomiya or she's never going to shut up. XP

Just realised i typed Jane not Nira there for some reason lol. But yeah there are a few traps shes fallen into already. The fact the story changed so she had to add more details, assuming Nira was a Vanguard grunt...not Information meaning shes a bit more up on things than others. The fact shes getting the reaction out of Nomiya.....and During this entire time shes been focused on the argument instead of worrying about the person in the other room.

Just realised i typed Jane not Nira there for some reason lol. But yeah there are a few traps shes fallen into already. The fact the story changed so she had to add more details, assuming Nira was a Vanguard grunt...not Information meaning shes a bit more up on things than others. The fact shes getting the reaction out of Nomiya.....and During this entire time shes been focused on the argument instead of worrying about the person in the other room.

A lot to learn. XD

Yeah was how i was going with Nira....Shes not as obvious as she looks,

Yeah was how i was going with Nira....Shes not as obvious as she looks,

True.

However I am obligated to say something about this exchange, and I doubt you'll like it, but it does need to be said:

I'll let it slide this one time because I like this rivalry dynamic that's starting to build between our characters, but Nira broke Rule #1 of the RP in this exchange which normally would have, and by all right should have, resulted in you being immediately ejected from the RP.

Metagaming.

Part of Rule #1 in the RP is "stay in your niche," meaning you do what your character is best at. At no time do you suddenly take on knowledge of other niches or roles occupied by other characters because you found a loophole or an excuse to give them knowledge they otherwise shouldn't possess. Nomiya's "the best Combat Medic" in the Saiyan Race as of now, and Nira's coming along and telling her how to do her job and basically proving she knows it better than Nomiya just completely subverted that element of her character and passes it to Nira. I may as well not have written all of that about Nomiya being the best and having accomplished everything she did because Nira just came along and showed us, "Oops. I'm better than you with all of the training and experience you possess."

As Nomiya pointed out, and as it was my attempt at basically telling you all this in the IC in as not-so-subtle of a manner as I could, Nira's not a medic of any kind and she shouldn't have been able to tell Nomiya anything about how to do her job.

Everything in Nira's profile says she's basically a negotiator. A diplomatic character whose experience with other cultures means she knows how to talk to people and negotiate them into joining the Saiyans, staying out of their way, or allying with them to spare the need to invade the planet with any aggressive means.

Having established that about her in the profile you submitted, it's your responsibility of keeping Nira in that negotiator niche.

I cannot and will not tolerate Nira telling anyone else how to do their job because "inter-stellar traveler and culture expert."

- Excerpt from Rule #1 - "...oh it'd be convenient if he/she knew how to do that because, hey, I can link that knowledge this way!"

So from now on Nira stays in her culture-enriched negotiator niche/role and doesn't demonstrate any level of intimate or advanced knowledge of anyone else's roles in the RP because "she's been around to other cultures." Culture is not an excuse to know how to do other people's job better than they do. Whether you know medical procedures better than me in real life because you're possibly a fire fighter, EMT, or had any other military medical procedure training is one thing. But regardless of what you know, you don't let your character do that kind of speaking for you in the RP. That's called Metagaming, and that's a violation of Rule #1 in the RP.

And it doesn't happen again.

Understood?

It was more pointing out some very basic things in her observations, the small details out of place. The knowledge i used was based of real life training that is given at a very basic level, I believed that some characters would have very basic level/understanding of first aid but not to a combat medic level....which is why i felt Nira was able to point out things from that basic understanding, as well as catching Nomiya out in several parts that conflicted, not from medical knowledge, but from previous observations and active listening....none of which was that unlikely.

For example she switched between the cat was fine to, it was me that saved her life. Her actions where straight up rushing in, but then stated she looked closely, stated she looked them over for raised areas, but the person in question is covered in fur. None of that was from any advanced medical knowledge.

I think she should come about soon, she apparently had no actual injurys other than some singed fur.

Well yeah ik that lol, but I mean like, what is happening to her right now?

She's just getting checked over to confirm Nomiya's assessment that she has a possible concussion. She'll probably have a bandage around her head and a pat on the back when she wakes up.

It was more pointing out some very basic things in her observations, the small details out of place. The knowledge i used was based of real life training that is given at a very basic level, I believed that some characters would have very basic level/understanding of first aid but not to a combat medic level....which is why i felt Nira was able to point out things from that basic understanding, as well as catching Nomiya out in several parts that conflicted, not from medical knowledge, but from previous observations and active listening....none of which was that unlikely.

For example she switched between the cat was fine to, it was me that saved her life. Her actions where straight up rushing in, but then stated she looked closely, stated she looked them over for raised areas, but the person in question is covered in fur. None of that was from any advanced medical knowledge.

Understandable to an extent.

I will admit that it is 100% my fault for not stating it in more detail in the Lore Page, but in Saiyan society if you aren't in the Medical Branch of the Raid Corps you won't get any medical training except for self-aid such as binding a gash or splinting your broken leg. Outside of that, the Saiyans consider further training irrelevant because it's more efficient to dedicate all of your training to your primary objective than to give crash courses in other fields when they have people whose entire lives are dedicated to said fields. All the time they waste teaching Intelligence assets medical procedure could be spent sending them into the field or training them further in what they need to know to be effective in their duties. Let the medics to the fixing.

That's the basic philosophy of Saiyans.

For the sake of argument to defend Nomiya's responses just a bit, as she is my baby after all and she didn't speak very well for herself:

The first thing Nomiya said in response to Nira was that getting Lin to safety was top priority. The reason she said that was because she presumed Nira would understand, without needing further explanation, that they were sitting on a powder keg that could go off at any moment with no known time frame for detonation.

Nomiya's logic was: If you're a medic, what's your priority upon seeing an unconscious victim lying on top of a burning fuel tank? Removing them from the tank itself and getting them to a safe distance, or checking to make sure the surroundings are clear?

To Nomiya's mind, Nira's logic in this entire exchange seemed to be: I see a burning fuel tank with a victim unconscious on top of it... I'm going to look at the trees nearby and see if they're on fire too because they might explode before the fuel tank does.

Nira also said: "So which was it? She had no injurys or she was on deaths door? You took time to look or there was no time?" Nomiya answered both questions previously, and did so seamlessly. She said she observed no significant injuries and that Lin was safe to move, which was correct. She also said she took the time to examine Lin, which was also true because the one second she described later was more than enough. If you gave Nomiya a flash image test where each image appeared on the screen for about half a second before disappearing, and then asked her, "What injuries did that victim suffer?" She'd ace the test without batting an eye. That one second she described was longer than she needed to assess the injuries and make a judgement call.

And lastly, Nira said she didn't see Nomiya's eyes move... Well, yeah. Nomiya's back was to her 95% of the time since Nomiya got in, moved past Nira, blew the smoke away, and then moved to Lin's side. So Nira saying "you forgot to fact she is covered in fur that hampers your little glance not that your eyes actually moved to do so," was a completely false statement. Throughout most of that incident Nomiya's back was to her, so Nira wouldn't have seen her eyes or been able to claim with any validity that Nomiya did or did not look where she said she did.

So that's Nomiya's argument laid out a bit more eloquently. She didn't do a good job speaking for herself, but there you go. Despite her seemingly being ill equipped to argue her point, she was on it more often than Nira gave her credit for.

But anyway, that's over now and it's time to move on. Lin should be waking up soon, and that'll be on Jz-ahn Jz-ahn to decide when and how she does so. I'm actually kind of hoping that our little angry cat girl pushes the medics working on her away and storms out. That would make for a funny scene. Just sayin'.

Understandable to an extent.

I will admit that it is 100% my fault for not stating it in more detail in the Lore Page, but in Saiyan society if you aren't in the Medical Branch of the Raid Corps you won't get any medical training except for self-aid such as binding a gash or splinting your broken leg. Outside of that, the Saiyans consider further training irrelevant because it's more efficient to dedicate all of your training to your primary objective than to give crash courses in other fields when they have people whose entire lives are dedicated to said fields. All the time they waste teaching Intelligence assets medical procedure could be spent sending them into the field or training them further in what they need to know to be effective in their duties. Let the medics to the fixing.

That's the basic philosophy of Saiyans.

For the sake of argument to defend Nomiya's responses just a bit, as she is my baby after all and she didn't speak very well for herself:

The first thing Nomiya said in response to Nira was that getting Lin to safety was top priority. The reason she said that was because she presumed Nira would understand, without needing further explanation, that they were sitting on a powder keg that could go off at any moment with no known time frame for detonation.

Nomiya's logic was: If you're a medic, what's your priority upon seeing an unconscious victim lying on top of a burning fuel tank? Removing them from the tank itself and getting them to a safe distance, or checking to make sure the surroundings are clear?

To Nomiya's mind, Nira's logic in this entire exchange seemed to be: I see a burning fuel tank with a victim unconscious on top of it... I'm going to look at the trees nearby and see if they're on fire too because they might explode before the fuel tank does.

Nira also said: "So which was it? She had no injurys or she was on deaths door? You took time to look or there was no time?" Nomiya answered both questions previously, and did so seamlessly. She said she observed no significant injuries and that Lin was safe to move, which was correct. She also said she took the time to examine Lin, which was also true because the one second she described later was more than enough. If you gave Nomiya a flash image test where each image appeared on the screen for about half a second before disappearing, and then asked her, "What injuries did that victim suffer?" She'd ace the test without batting an eye. That one second she described was longer than she needed to assess the injuries and make a judgement call.

And lastly, Nira said she didn't see Nomiya's eyes move... Well, yeah. Nomiya's back was to her 95% of the time since Nomiya got in, moved past Nira, blew the smoke away, and then moved to Lin's side. So Nira saying "you forgot to fact she is covered in fur that hampers your little glance not that your eyes actually moved to do so," was a completely false statement. Throughout most of that incident Nomiya's back was to her, so Nira wouldn't have seen her eyes or been able to claim with any validity that Nomiya did or did not look where she said she did.

So that's Nomiya's argument laid out a bit more eloquently. She didn't do a good job speaking for herself, but there you go. Despite her seemingly being ill equipped to argue her point, she was on it more often than Nira gave her credit for.

But anyway, that's over now and it's time to move on. Lin should be waking up soon, and that'll be on Jz-ahn Jz-ahn to decide when and how she does so. I'm actually kind of hoping that our little angry cat girl pushes the medics working on her away and storms out. That would make for a funny scene. Just sayin'.
Already planning on such lol

Users who are viewing this thread