Saiyans Have No Limits (OOC Discussion)

Just due to it being in backstory, Do Saiyans still fire Kids at Weaker Planets to prepare them to be conquered?

I don't see why not. It's more efficient than sending fully grown and seasoned warriors with higher power levels who are better used where threats are higher.

What should I use to determine the Power Levels of the Characters I have made? It's pretty much the only thing I have left to fill in.

What should I use to determine the Power Levels of the Characters I have made? It's pretty much the only thing I have left to fill in.

It depends on their experiences and their genetics.

For example, my character, Nomiya, is a 1st Class Saiyan. But only just. Her power is 20,050, and the minimum for 1st class is 20,000 exactly. So she's just barely 1st Class and she's about to hit her Genetic Limit. The reason is because her father was a 1st Class warrior with a power much higher than hers, and her mother was a 3rd Class warrior which means a power of 4,000-11,999. So thanks to those genetics and her experiences in combat as a Combat Medic for the last 12 years, she's a 1st Class warrior with a power of 20,050.

So depending on who your character's parents were, and their experiences in combat, I will leave it to you to choose what their starting power level is. If you're uncertain about whether or not it crosses a boundary or might be pushing things a bit, you can always come back and ask me if it's okay.

Hello everyone! Just checking in to see how those who haven't finished their characters are doing!

There's no rush at all to begin this RP, but if I could get a status update that'd be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I am done. My character sheet is complete.

Hey there!

Only one thing sticks out to me which you should definitely adjust is their weight. As Mesomorphs, they should have a solid build without being bulky, but not being "thin" either.

At 7' 2", a weight of only 160 pounds would literally make Uma a walking toothpick with next zero muscle mass whatsoever to speak of. Similarly, at 6' 2" and only 120 pounds, Hale is also a walking toothpick.

Given Uma's build in his image, I'd adjust his eight to no less than 230 pounds (and even that might not be enough for the build he has given his height). And for Hale, I'd raise her weight to somewhere between 150-170 pounds.

Other than that, they're good to go!

Just looking through characters which look great. Just curious though
Benthelame Benthelame Is Uma short/based on Satsumaimo (Sweet Potato)? curious with all Saiyans seeming to be named after Vegtables. ChoShadow ChoShadow Not surea what Nomiya is though.
Went with Nira (Garlic Chives) due to liking sound of the name plus the whole Stamina Boosting thing.

Last edited:
Benthelame Benthelame Is Uma short/based on Satsumaimo (Sweet Potato)? curious with all Saiyans seeming to be named after Vegtables. ChoShadow ChoShadow Not surea what Nomiya is though.
Went with Nira (Garlic Chives) due to liking sound of the name plus the whole Stamina Boosting thing.
I didn't try naming him after a vegetable. Every time I do that, it just turns out terrible. My saiyans are always an exception to that rule.

I actually named her after a completely different Japanese food: Okonomiyaki

ChoShadow ChoShadow how should I go about figuring out my character's power level?

Since it's a Frost Demon, it's really up to you.

For the sake of keeping things interesting I'd like the power levels our characters start with to be fairly well varied. Nobody at the exact same level as anyone else. Know what I mean?

So if you could, please, check the power levels of the other characters and pick a power level somewhere in the range of those you are finding which gives you a little space to occupy.

If you still need help, let me know and I'll give you some more options.

Since I had some time and was super bored today with nothing to do at home (such a sad life I lead, lol), I sketched Nomiya if she were a Super Saiyan, wearing Saiyan armor, and if she undid the scrunchie in her hair. I hope you enjoy!

Nomiya.png

Snow is done now.

Mhmm. I see.

There are a couple things I'd like you to make adjustment to. Once they're done, I'll take another look.

So first, I see he's 100+ years old. However, even so, the phrase "Snow has many years of experience in both fighting and philosophizing, not easily matched," is a bit too open ended and could be a God-Modding excuse, not that I believe you would do so. But it's just too easy to say "Well he's been around for so many more years it's only natural he'd know how that technique is done or what to do in this situation." And that's very easily abused to make him near omnipotent with respect to combat which, no matter how old you are, is a load of BS. Know what I mean? So if "not easily matched" can be removed, I'll be satisfied with the change.

Second, the Personality section is basically all about him being a calm guy who occasionally gets angry which tells us basically nothing about him. It tells us about his temperament.

Take Nomiya as an example. Everything about her personality reinforces the first sentence about her being "tough," but not it's not talking about physical toughness. Being tough is who she is. It's not just another trait. Does that make sense?

So if you can rework the personality section to be more about who Snow is as opposed to just describing at length a single aspect of his temperament, then I think he'll be good to go.

Are those sections OK on Nira? I fleshed out Techniques etc, but as i was writing backstory it turned into also writing her personality at same time so combined the two into one section if that was still ok.

As for Super Saiyan images, gonna be a pain to add that to the image for me other than recolor for the hair lol.

Are those sections OK on Nira? I fleshed out Techniques etc, but as i was writing backstory it turned into also writing her personality at same time so combined the two into one section if that was still ok.

As for Super Saiyan images, gonna be a pain to add that to the image for me other than recolor for the hair lol.

Lol. Recoloring the hair is all good. I just did drew Nomiya in Photoshop from scratch over the last two or three days and colored her today to finish the pic for fun.

Anyway, Nira's fine. I saw plenty of personality in that section. So you're good.

Yeah, One of her techniques now i think about it is actually from a Movie...though i think methods are diffrent as that one had the guy brute force there way up a beam, this was more explanation of how she does it without overpowering. Seemed a good idea for a special technique thats Anti-Beam Struggle, the Rest was to aid in countering/defending by instead of dodging/blocking but redirecting.

One attack i gave them seemed a fun idea, though its advanced version would be clsoest to Hellzone Grenande if anything, Just with bladed waves of Ki vs Explosive Blasts. Was trying not to copy the show at all but then i think "Wait wasnt there something similar to that?" after i have already written it lol.

Yeah, One of her techniques now i think about it is actually from a Movie...though i think methods are diffrent as that one had the guy brute force there way up a beam, this was more explanation of how she does it without overpowering. Seemed a good idea for a special technique thats Anti-Beam Struggle, the Rest was to aid in countering/defending by instead of dodging/blocking but redirecting.

One attack i gave them seemed a fun idea, though its advanced version would be clsoest to Hellzone Grenande if anything, Just with bladed waves of Ki vs Explosive Blasts. Was trying not to copy the show at all but then i think "Wait wasnt there something similar to that?" after i have already written it lol.

Yeah. Unfortunately it's hard being original with Ki blasts since there's only so many ways you can use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back