Saiyans Have No Limits (OOC Discussion)

I mean that there was the doctor vanishes, appears with a needle, catches up, sedates....kinda not letting other characters act in the meantime.
I mean the doctor grabbing the needle makes sense. They simply did it in the time it took for not only Lin to run, but for your oc to catch up. They grabbed the needle and ran at top speed, so the arrival isnt a problem. As for the sedation honestly, I'm fine with it, although it would be unfair for your character if they naturally would have stopped it.

Although, if the hug is to remain can she actually be sedated? Like I was trying to be lowkey about it but Lins fear of being restricted is intense and highly deep-rooted. Like if Niras guard is down she will literally kill her just to get out of the hold, or more so attempt to.

I mean if the fear escalates to that sort of level Nira would release, but yeah could get a solid cut on Nira if you want, something she would tank through in her efforts but would be damaged from.

there pretty much protecting the person given how the normal Saiyan approach is not the best for a panicking person....though the actual fight has another idea in it. Like depending how Kat is if she can tell more about the person through crossing blows (eventually). IE Nira is not attempting to harm them at all and sticks on the defensive, the needle just seems its gonna cause more issue once she wakes up and the entire thing repeats itself.

Sudden sedation just seems a cop-out for what could be a cool scene to cement a understanding between the two/character relationship. or at least the start of one.

I mean if the fear escalates to that sort of level Nira would release, but yeah could get a solid cut on Nira if you want, something she would tank through in her efforts but would be damaged from.

there pretty much protecting the person given how the normal Saiyan approach is not the best for a panicking person....though the actual fight has another idea in it. Like depending how Kat is if she can tell more about the person through crossing blows (eventually). IE Nira is not attempting to harm them at all and sticks on the defensive, the needle just seems its gonna cause more issue once she wakes up and the entire thing repeats itself.

That's why the doctors can use a controlled IV drip to keep her sedated and drowzy but conscious in a medical room, presuming they can get her sedated with the needle to begin with. Lol.

Sudden sedation just seems a cop-out for what could be a cool scene to cement a understanding between the two/character relationship. or at least the start of one.
Actually once she wakes up she'll be reasonable. What she's doing right now is a combined reaction from her memory being recalled, the migraine, as well as waking up in a new environment. If she gets sedated she'll still be violent but she'll at least listen.

True....but i guess a fight before that for the understanding might be better? Just from story standpoint? but in end its up to you?

Just going for "What would Nira do?" combined with "What would make the most interesting interaction"

Nira proving themselves in this, even if they dont realise it......but can realise it later.

Yeah, especially given a fight/force in a packed hospital is one of the sillyiest things you could do given the power levels involved. Would have likely been same result either way....just this way the hospital takes less overall damage.

Yeah, especially given a fight/force in a packed hospital is one of the sillyiest things you could do given the power levels involved. Would have likely been same result either way....just this way the hospital takes less overall damage.

That's highly debatable. With Nira's power of almost 40,000 compared to Lin's 8,500 (ish), Nira could have restrained her with literally no significant effort. A needle goes into her arm, and Lin's out cold. No damage done at all. Just a scared and struggling cat for a handful of seconds before everything calms down and can be dealt with later more appropriate.

Was unaware of Lins exact power level (last time i looked it wasnt listed), but yeah even if she could restrain her, a AOE Ki Blast goes off and damage done unless tried to KO her straight away which given head injury was a bad idea. Nira is thinking this through logically and isnt going to risk the hospital for that lol

Was unaware of Lins exact power level (last time i looked it wasnt listed), but yeah even if she could restrain her, a AOE Ki Blast goes off and damage done unless tried to KO her straight away which given head injury was a bad idea. Nira is thinking this through logically and isnt going to risk the hospital for that lol

Well there's always an excuse to say "I'm the logical one." Nira's method has caused no more good than the hypothetical since Lin can't use Ki.

So even though she thinks this was the logical method, she was wrong for jumping to conclusions and has caused more harm than good.

Nomiya was right that Nira's going to get in trouble for this. The moment the patient was on the medical facility premises she became the responsibility of the medical staff, not Nira. Thus she was interfering with Medical Branch affairs which resulted in damages to the facility itself and result in grievances from the facility's staff and patients. But since she doesn't seem to care much for authority barking at her, I think she'll be fine.

But that's later.

Welcome back Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

So that character took me a while to make haha

Hey there.

Okay, so a handful of things to adjust/fix and we should be good.

1) Ki is just energy. It's not capable of bending light for camouflage. That has to be done with technology or a natural adaptation of some kind which the Saiyans do not possess.

2) Ki is already essentially a semi-solid, being made of superheated air (plasma), which has the ability to make physical contact and exert physical force on a surface (which is why people get pushed backwards when they try to block a Ki blast with their hands). But forming Ki into "solid objects" is physically impossible because it cannot exist in a fully solid state. Otherwise it's not energy anymore.

3) With a maximum power of about 20,000+, he's a 1st Class warrior. Not a 3rd Class. And even when suppressing your full power the Saiyan's technology has ways to see what you're really made of since all of that energy is still there inside you. You might be able to hide it from the perception of humanoids whose senses are limited. But all that Ki is still there and Saiyan tech would read it to determine what your true Class would be.

4) There's no evading the tail weakness in the RP. It was a deus-ex-machina in the anime/manga to have Nappa and Vegeta rid themselves of the weakness because then the Z fighters would have been able to hold their own without Goku and we wouldn't have had such an interesting and ultimately classic battle between the two most popular characters in the show.

5) Learning to hide and sense your Ki is a technique that you can't learn from simply hunting. There's literally no reference for it. Hunting teaches you to move quietly and with purpose, how to use the wind and terrain to hide your scent as much as possible, and how to ambush prey to overtake them and survive. Nothing in those activities involves the hiding or sensing of Ki. Someone has to teach him how to do it.

6) Learning various forms of martial arts by the age of 12 is kind of pushing it. Yes, it can be done. But if you go this route then I expect to see his fighting style come off as a bit rough around the edges. Every time he was taught a new style as a kid his focus would likely have been on the new style and he either would forget or grow rusty on things he learned before. So alluding to this would be a wise idea.

So that's my analysis and advice for the character. Presuming this is all addressed and changed, you'll be good to go to participate!

Hey there.

Okay, so a handful of things to adjust/fix and we should be good.

1) Ki is just energy. It's not capable of bending light for camouflage. That has to be done with technology or a natural adaptation of some kind which the Saiyans do not possess.

2) Ki is already essentially a semi-solid, being made of superheated air (plasma), which has the ability to make physical contact and exert physical force on a surface (which is why people get pushed backwards when they try to block a Ki blast with their hands). But forming Ki into "solid objects" is physically impossible because it cannot exist in a fully solid state. Otherwise it's not energy anymore.

3) With a maximum power of about 20,000+, he's a 1st Class warrior. Not a 3rd Class. And even when suppressing your full power the Saiyan's technology has ways to see what you're really made of since all of that energy is still there inside you. You might be able to hide it from the perception of humanoids whose senses are limited. But all that Ki is still there and Saiyan tech would read it to determine what your true Class would be.

4) There's no evading the tail weakness in the RP. It was a deus-ex-machina in the anime/manga to have Nappa and Vegeta rid themselves of the weakness because then the Z fighters would have been able to hold their own without Goku and we wouldn't have had such an interesting and ultimately classic battle between the two most popular characters in the show.

5) Learning to hide and sense your Ki is a technique that you can't learn from simply hunting. There's literally no reference for it. Hunting teaches you to move quietly and with purpose, how to use the wind and terrain to hide your scent as much as possible, and how to ambush prey to overtake them and survive. Nothing in those activities involves the hiding or sensing of Ki. Someone has to teach him how to do it.

6) Learning various forms of martial arts by the age of 12 is kind of pushing it. Yes, it can be done. But if you go this route then I expect to see his fighting style come off as a bit rough around the edges. Every time he was taught a new style as a kid his focus would likely have been on the new style and he either would forget or grow rusty on things he learned before. So alluding to this would be a wise idea.

So that's my analysis and advice for the character. Presuming this is all addressed and changed, you'll be good to go to participate!

Yep camouflage was probably pushing it, I was thinking along the lines of changing the color of his aura to match his surroundings like a chameleon but it's not necessary.

I wasn't going for solid objects per se. It's more like manipulating ki to look like weapons, kinda like Zamsu's scythe. I will change the wording accordingly.

His power is less than 20,000 but I assumed scouters could be fooled by suppressing their ki? I'm Just following the anime logic on that one. If that isn't the case I'll just leave him in second class. I was only going for the over 9000 joke to begin with.

If you say the tail weakness can't be overridden then that's fine, but that makes me wonder how often tails are going to be getting grabbed haha.

I will retcon the creatures on Monty-Pym to be ki sensitive so that ki sense becomes a necessary part in the way they hunt.

This is really the only point I will argue on. Let's say he started learning these martial arts as early as possible, let's say age 5. That gives him roughly seven years of training starting when he's most impressionable. Rather than simply learning these styles, these movements are being ingrained in him; sort of like how learning a different language or an instrument is easier at an early age. It should just be muscle memory. Also the styles I listed are really just subsets of one martial art. This is what makes him unique as a fighter among other saiyans.

Yep camouflage was probably pushing it, I was thinking along the lines of changing the color of his aura to match his surroundings like a chameleon but it's not necessary.

I wasn't going for solid objects per se. It's more like manipulating ki to look like weapons, kinda like Zamsu's scythe. I will change the wording accordingly.

His power is less than 20,000 but I assumed scouters could be fooled by suppressing their ki? I'm Just following the anime logic on that one. If that isn't the case I'll just leave him in second class. I was only going for the over 9000 joke to begin with.

If you say the tail weakness can't be overridden then that's fine, but that makes me wonder how often tails are going to be getting grabbed haha.

I will retcon the creatures on Monty-Pym to be ki sensitive so that ki sense becomes a necessary part in the way they hunt.

This is really the only point I will argue on. Let's say he started learning these martial arts as early as possible, let's say age 5. That gives him roughly seven years of training starting when he's most impressionable. Rather than simply learning these styles, these movements are being ingrained in him; sort of like how learning a different language or an instrument is easier at an early age. It should just be muscle memory. Also the styles I listed are really just subsets of one martial art. This is what makes him unique as a fighter among other saiyans.

Understood. Thank you.

I don't mind shaping Ki to weapon shapes. That's fine.

Nice throwback with the joke if that's the case. But yes. The more advanced Saiyan tech which reads power levels can detect all that Ki built up inside because even if it's suppressed, it's still there. So his full power would be known to the doctors and higher ups in the chain of command.

As for the fighting style, coming from someone with 20+ years of martial arts training, I can attest to the fact that although children are indeed impressionable and muscle memory is indeed a thing, the same things which make children so inquisitive, curiosity and short attention spans, are the reason they forget/get rusty on things that were taught between one style and another.

I've literally watched it unfold as a martial arts teacher. Child trains in one style for 3 years, gets very good technique, burns in muscle memory, has great focus. Trains in another style for 4 years, same thing. Trains in a third style for about 2-3 years, same thing. Then, when he went back to the first style, his body remembered some of what he'd learned, but he was incredibly rusty and had to learn the basics all over again. Obviously he picked them up rapidly due to the time he'd spent training, the hand-eye coordination he developed, and the visual memory accompanying his muscle memory helping to bring it all back. But that rust and forgetfulness was a factor upon his return.

Everyone is different, so this child I observed was not "the gospel" when it comes to martial arts training or the effect that switching styles has on children. However, it's a solid fact that muscle memory does not fully compensate for changes of styling over long periods of time. The basic principles are still there, but there is a lot lost in translation along the way. If anyone tells you otherwise, they're either lying or they're in denial of how easily the human brain and body can desynchronize over time, especially when atmosphere and execution methods differ and you have to ingrain all-new patterns and angles into your repertoire. The brain simply can't hold onto all of it, and the body can only do so much on its own. They need to be in sync or it's a shit show.

Anyway, that's neither here or there. I'll accept him learning the different styles and be proficient as a fighter. But a "master" he is not. That's my only stipulation. So long as we agree on that, we're good here.

Sound fair?

Users who are viewing this thread