• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
All heaven has broken loose.

It had been just an ordinary day for those in the eastern provinces of the empire. Fishermen were dragging in a fresh haul and framers were tending to their fields. Yet in the southeastern corner of the realm a battle raged on between the imperial army and the Dragon Goddess. No one wished for them to fail, but everyone feared the outcome should the imperial soldiers succeed in their mission. And they were right to. No more than an hour after her defeat, the Dragon Goddess’ absence was felt by all along the eastern coast. A powerful burst of energy from her body sent a shockwave across the land that uprooted trees, flooded valleys, destroyed fertile land, and drained rivers. Panic and fear quickly set in among the people as their homes and their lives were all destroyed in an instant. To make matters worse, the sky had changed in that there was now a whole world hovering just above the mountain tops.

The spirit world had long been hidden behind a veil, but now that it’s creator lay dead that veil no longer existed. At first the people of the western provinces were intrigued by the sudden appearance of the spirit world. They cheered and praised the emperor for his brave decision for surely nothing bad could come from this.

How wrong they were. Within several hours, spirits of all kind descended into the mortal realm and many of them were not the benevolent kind talked about in stories. Humanity was beset upon by monsters that saw them as easy prey, and many of them were. Within days entire villages were consumed, razed, or cut off from the rest of the world. Spirits and all manner of creatures began building nests and staking their claim on the souls of humanity.

While the common men suffered, the Imperial city and its adjacent provinces endured and survived, Their high walls and skilled defenders kept out all threats to the Emperor. The who despite now possessing the Dragon Goddess’ power, had yet to do anything to put an end to the chaos devouring his land.

The further one got from the imperial city, the worse off they were. Rumors of the undead had spread throughout the land, along with talk of demon armies and spirits abducting people. Many of these lands lost their Lords in the battle with the goddess or in the madness that shortly followed and now they had no leaders. As if they didn’t have enough problems already, crops were dying and the people were going hungry, causing some to resort to stealing from their own kin. Bandits are on the rise in the east, along with opportunists seeking to claim what little authority remains there.

All is not lost though. Word spreads that some minor lords still protect their lands and their people, and enclaves from the demons are rumored to have formed in the east where little hope survives. The future of the middle kingdom hangs in the balance and the fate of two worlds could be decided by the actions of a brave few. This is where our story begins.

7553d296edfcc0096f3434230b915e5b.jpg

Last edited:
"Everyone! Please calm down!" A soft-hearted tone called out over a group of what looked to be commoners, all huddled within a shallow cave lit by torches. The catastrophe had reshaped the land and many of these tiny caves were commonplace now. "Things are...bleak right now. The world is turned upside down and our beloved China is unrecognizable. To make matters worse it doesn't seem as though the imperial army...or any army, is coming to rescue us." People really didn't like that part. Many of them began to yell and some of them, especially the younger ones and those who were alone, began to cry. "Please, listen to me. We can survive this! We don't need the emperor. I am an elementalist, I can protect us." Shi Ce held his hand out with his palm aimed towards the ground and fired off a bolt of wind. It sent a gust in all directions, sweeping across the feet of the commoners. "We only need to find a place that is safe and we can start over!"

That idea gave some of the people hope and a few smiles appeared in the crowd. "I know of a place!" A young woman declared. She raised her hand and the crowd parted around her. "Well it is more of a rumor, my lord. Something my husband and I heard when we were hiding from bandits a few days ago." Her eyes went to the man beside her and he nodded his head at her. "The bandits were talking about an abandoned village that their leader had ordered them to investigate. According to them it was completely empty and hadn't seen any spirit activity." When she stopped talking all eyes turned to Shi Ce. On top of being an elementalist, he was also the only person present of noble birth and that meant he was probably the only person with a proper education.

Right away Ce smiled and nodded his head in agreement. "That sounds like just the place we need. So let's not waste anytime, everyone pack your things and prepare to depart." Immediately the crowd dispersed with people rushing to gather what few items they still possessed. Ce approached the married couple and they both bowed their heads, to which he quickly dismissed. "We are all equals here. I trust you know the location of this village, so please take the lead and I will focus on protecting our group." Again the couple bowed and which smiles on their face. "We would be honored to help you, Lord Shi Ce."

The group headed north from Jiaozhi to Li Province. The trip had taken them two days so they spent much of the time getting to know one another.
"I came here from Guangdong in the north. It was not as bad as all this, but several avalanches wiped out an entire village and the crops have suffered from the loss of the river."
"I lost my family back in Jing. My two sons were out fishing and a massive wave appeared out of nowhere. It drowned every fishboat. The bodies never even floated back up. My poor wife she...died shortly after; broken heart I think."
"I heard that the capital is untouched. Shouldn't we be headed there instead of Li? "
"What if the rest of the realm ends up like Jiaozhi? Where would we go then?"

Shi Ce had experienced more stress in the past two weeks than he had in his entirely life. All of a sudden he had to care for these people and their safety and find a place for them all to live. He knew that if his father were here still...things would be much easier.

"There it is! Just as the bandits said." The husband rejoiced with his wife, both holding hands tightly as a village came into view. Unlike everything they had come across, the village was still in one piece. Sure some buildings had been knocked down or crushed by fallen trees, but nothing was burnt and there were no spirits or demons running through the streets. Without hesitation the people rushed into the village, dozens of footprints left in the dirt as they stampeded towards the familiarity and safety this place offered them.

"A well and there are still some buildings that remain intact. This is better than I imagined." Shi Ce said as he watched the village from its northern entrance.

d89b638340a5ea70d32e918580acb998.jpg

Verus Verus Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Pumpkid Pumpkid

Jin Feng
Jin had a long trip ahead of her, but she wasn't even sure what she was looking for. All she knew was to find an academy that teaches Chi for free. She didn't even understand the concept of chi except to feel the flow course through her and onto the wound. She had done it so many times it was like breathing, yet her abilities did not even make a dent on her father. Not only that, her entire village was also falling ill leaving thr young to fend for themselves. Whatever is happening, it's also affecting the environment. Their crops hasn't grown anything not even a bud almost like the Earth was drained of something. Jin's thoughts travel to Que, she wished she didn't have to leave him behind with father, but he wasn't truly alone after asking their babysitter, Yang to take care of him. A fellow rancher and father's good friend who has shared his wealth with the family considering he lost his own, he treated them as if they were his own. If there was anyone reliable, it's him.

Jin carefully scoured the area for any suspicious movements, mostly animals. She stood still listening carefully and softens her breathing. After a good minute, she pressed on, encountering a village filled with travelers? Every person seemed to wear an expression of dread, exhaustion and overall fear. Whatever happened lead the folks to this village.

"What happened?" She mumbled earning a whimper from Vix, her pet fox. Down the trail, Jin found an older man in despair covered in dirt and holding his scraped arm. Jin immediately approaches him and kneels down. "May I?" He seemed perplexed at first before permitting her to look over his scrape. She pulls out a cloth and wipes the dirt off first then puts her hand over the scrape to heal it. The elder man watched in awe, checking for any scars or tricks. "That was amazing! Th-thank you so much." Jin gave him a kind smile, "you're welcome. Be careful next time, ok?"

1620364497825.png
Xilong
interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
While many spirits had simply been running rampant and destroying things or Assaulting people for whatever reasons they had seen fit. One particular spirit was simply walking smugly down the streets it’s clothing looking as if it were a noble.. or had taken them from a noble. strange reddish hair flowing behind it, two sets of horns upon its head too along with hands like that of a dragon. A strange combination of attributes that seemed to lend itself to the apparent elegance the spirit carried. perhaps they brought good luck? or maybe were some sort of helpful spirit.. the truth was a lot more.. disappointing, for this spirit was Xilong. and despite his appearance and demeanor if anything he was considered a nuisance since the barrier between the worlds had broken.. Xilong had well fallen through into this world and decided he might as well stick here, as everyone else was going here too. having found some images of what looked similar to himself upon first arriving Xilong had just assumed people would clearly like and respect him that so far hadn't been proven whatsoever. luckily for him just down the road there seemed to be a relatively intact village surly people would be happy to see him yes? of course he'd approach it. form its northern entrance.. spotting some person Xilong would have said something if not for the fact he'd tripped on a rock landing face-first into the muddy dirt with a THUMP sound.. "just perfect.. way to make a first impression" he mumbled to himselfm

While the villagers seemed steeped in their despair, some, mainly the younger generations, were actually smiling and reveling in the familiarity that this village brought them. It was their lucky days to have found something in such good condition and in an area that was relatively peaceful. The past two weeks had been hell for some of them so they were grateful for this. As they split up to scour the village in search of any useful items and to get a better feel for the integrity of the buildings that were still standing, the people started to let their guard down.

When Jin was healing the old man, someone had noticed her arrival and her skill. Quickly the woman rushed over and bowed her head to Jin. "You have come at the perfect time." Excitement was present in the woman's voice as she spoke, but even more than that was the sound of relief in her tone. "We have many injured and could really use the help of a healer." The woman looked at Jin with wide eyes swelling with desperation. There were no healers among the group, not even a regular physician to treat basic wounds. If any of them were going to have a hope of properly recovering, it would only come with Jin's assistance. "Please."

Still standing under the village's northern gate, Ce's eyes slowly traveled upward to the sky. Could he still call it that now that there were islands, mountains, and rivers flying overhead. Even with average eyesight one could see demons and spirits flying about in the air, and it would be beautiful if it weren't fear inducing. With a heavy sigh his attention came back down to the village. There was plenty to work with here. They just had to be willing to do the work and do it fast, which meant they might not be able to rest for long. "Father, what should we do?" Their journey was long and many were suffering from injuries so they did need to rest, but they wouldn't be safe if they didn't prepare some sort of defenses.

"I should join the re..." He was just about to go speak with the others when a sound like something falling and a faint voice emerged from behind him. Slowly, Ce turned around and his eyes darted about trying to find the source of the noise. Nothing in the trees, nothing in the air, nothing...it was laid out on the path. "A demon!" He shouted at the sight of the figures bright red hair and horns. Ce's heart skipped a beat and nearly jumped out of his chest as adrenaline began to swell up inside of him. Right away he raised both of his hands and aimed his open palms at the demon. "Ha!" He exhaled and a burst of condensed air rocketed towards the creatures at high speeds. It gave off a whistling sounds and creating a swirling pattern of dust and debris as it traveled down the road.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Pumpkid Pumpkid

1620364497825.png

Xilong
interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Xilong had only just managed to pull himself from the mud he previously regal-looking garments not soiled the golds and whites covered by a mucky brown being more distracted by his own ruined appearance he failed to notice the surprise and fear the man whom he’d previously approached had to the spirit presences. “Demon well I-“ Xilong looked up only to see the blast of wind far too late and being thrown back into the mud again this time, tossed onto his back, resulting in him being completely covered in mud much to Xilong‘s distress, more so than being attacked by the human, having been thrown back down the road the spirit once again got up this time marching towards the fellow a somewhat sour expression now upon his face. “Ok that was completely uncalled for do you know who I am?” Xilong voice wasn’t exactly demanding in nature more akin to a child who expected to be treated better. “Of course you don’t then I shall inform you I am Xilong, great spirit of..” he’d pause for a moment not having through this far his reptilian eyes darting around to look for something that made sense.. “villages...aaannd.... summer?” the spirit added on the conviction of his words faltering ever so slightly clearly he’d made a bad first impression but surly this human would know exactly who he was.. maybe? “And since I’m so generous I’ll let your little display slide as clearly I’d just surprised you“

Users who are viewing this thread

Back