• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

rebirth

vltra

• The year is 10 ABY. Three months have passed since the death of Grand Admiral Thrawn, and in his wake, an overconfident New Republic once again stabilizes its hold over the galaxy. The belief that Thrawn's death would mark the Empire's final defeat, that the Grand Admiral had been the last of what remained of a true organized Empire, quickly spread throughout the Republic and its citizens.

They were wrong, their faith misplaced. The Empire took advantage of their overconfidence—without hesitating, retribution rained down onto the New Republic unlike anything seen before. Droves of Imperial Star Destroyers arrived, blasting anything in their path to fire and ash; countless men wielding crimson blades led battalions of troopers to full planetary occupation, and all that remained was a broadcast delivered across the galaxy.

It started with a crackle. "Coruscant has fallen," a voice echoed solemnly through a cloud of static. "Palpatine has returned. I repeat, the Emperor has returned, and he has taken Coruscant.

We call for aid—for anyone who is willing and able to help, this message is for you. The New Republic is divided; we need your assistance now more than ever. Find your way to the nearest New Republic stronghold or outpost if possible—for a better future; for those who were killed defending their home on Coruscant; or for Luke Skywalker, who tragically lost his life in the conflict, any assistance is appreciated and will be adequately rewarded."

◈ ◈ ◈​

Greetings everyone! This is a reboot of an RP that a friend and I started a little over a year ago. Our original idea was to start a few years after the Battle of Endor and redo the events of the Legends comic, Dark Empire, but that snowballed into a larger project. Now we're basically rewriting Star Wars in its entirety—minus the movies, of course, and a few shows—to accommodate for both Expanded Universe and Disney Canon content. We've decided it would be a better idea to redo it completely before getting in over our heads, and include a few more people in the journey.

The RP revolves around a fairly simple concept: the Emperor has returned to the public spotlight, now inhabiting a clone body, and with him he's brought the Empire. The New Republic has been reduced to a Rebellion-like organization once more, and are on the run from the Empire and Emperor. Things aren't pleasant, and hope is quickly running out, but all is not lost, which is where the players come in. The RP will start a little while before the Empire's big reveal so characters have a chance to be set up and established beforehand .

The goal is to create a story that's both narratively interesting and fun to write, so there's a lot of creative freedom we'd like to give to people who are interested. Nothing too off the rails—instead, thinking within the limitations of the universe is something we're going to be promoting.

Our idea was to have players on both sides of the conflict in order to further the story. We will be hosting a Discord server, however, joining is completely optional and is not required. I will have the link ready for anyone who is interested, and an OOC thread will be created if this gets enough attention.
Main | Guidelines | Characters

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the OOC thread if anyone would be interested in stopping by.

Hey! Can I get a plot synopsis? I'm on mobile and the code puts the stuff on the side of my screen, so I can't read it.

Interested! Any preference from you (the GMs) whether you want more New Republic or Sith characters or a balance inbetween?

We would like a balance in terms of players on both sides, but the co-gm and I will be NPCing a lot of characters for both the New Republic and the Empire/Sith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back