• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
mood
amused
outfit
interactions
Lyla, Cade ( apolla apolla ); Ghost ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ); Sam, Finn ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )
Ruby Spark

Ruby still had it in fresh memory how she was the one standing on that wretched stage a year ago, listening to the same boring elevated words about serving the country as an army of ghosts or whatever that bullshit was supposed to mean. In all honesty, she grabbed the chance to stay alive only for the sake of staying alive. If she was dead, she would not be able to rain her vengeance upon the bastards who cost her her family and maybe, just maybe, this place could actually prove helpful, considering all its resources and gadgets. Maybe if she played nicely and was a good girl for some time, they would start trusting her despite her own mistrust was more than obvious. And once she was allowed to leave this place without having almost an army accompanying her, then she would enact her revenge. For now, all she could do was stand there in her gown and a glass of club soda, with Lyla by her side and pretend she was not ready to throw up from all this pompous bullshit.

Two figures approached them and Ruby tensed a little. While she and Ghost got along nicely, even got close a bit. While Lyla was definitely the best friend in S.I.N., Ghost was close second and Ruby was glad she had them, otherwise she would be probably done for after attempting to break out of this prison. But Samara, that was a different story. It wasn’t like Ruby didn’t like the girl. They were not close enough to say that but when it came to mistrust, well, let’s say S.I.N. was not the only thing Ruby was not quick to trust. Sam and her powers frightened Ruby in a way and she was not entirely sure Sam had it under control. And so every time they met, just like now, Ruby tensed a little and kept her respectful distance. After all, the feeling seemed to be mutual anyway.

The other two girls seemed to have the same idea as Ruby and when they proposed sneaking out of here, Ruby was ready to say yes. Lyla was faster and she signed them up to which Ruby eagerly nodded. “Please, let’s!” she sighed and set her glass down, almost untouched. She needed a proper drink, not some sparkling water. Lyla immediately had an idea where to get help and took Ruby’s hand, leading her towards Finn and… Oh, joy…

While Lyla was talking to Fin, Ruby forced her face to return to neutral after that wince from seeing Cade formed on her features. Of course, Cade had his own piece to share and of fucking course, he was the buzzkill. “Could’ve known you’d be against having some actual fun.” she mumbled and gripped her clutch even harder as her need for a cigarette returned. “Who are you? Her father?” she scoffed after and Ghost added a few more arguments that put an amused grin on Ruby’s face. “Seriously, now’s our chance. Lead the way, Finn. And you…” she glanced at Cade with a disregarding look. “...either come or get out of our way. Either way, shut the trap and get on with the plan.”

coded by natasha.

mood
on the hunt
outfit
interactions
Griffin ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom )
Riley Gallagher

In situations like this one definitely was, one simply had to find their own entertainment and figure out a way not to go insane. Riley prided himself on being able to handle almost every situation and turn it into something he could enjoy. Although admittedly, Henry made this one way too easy for him by bringing a fresh batch of pretty girls to pick his nocturnal companion from. There was something about this place which Riley couldn’t understand but damn, why were all the girls so pretty here? Or maybe it was just the whole effect of being here for several years already without having a chance to encounter anyone from the outside world unless it was his target? Riley wouldn’t know and quite frankly, he didn’t care anymore. The choice was clear, live or die. And Riley valued his life way too much to throw it away just like that.

“I’m not afraid of a little pain, brother.” Riley chuckled, regarding that masochist comment. “Quite the contrary.” he added with a meaningful wink and turned his attention back to the stage. The dark haired beauty was returning all his looks and Riley knew she needed only very little work now to fall in his arms. That was not too hard. Henry was still talking and Riley encouraged him to finish. Jack’s chase comment amused him though. “Well, yes. But I thought we were talking about appetizers.” he smirked shamelessly like the fuck boy he could be and tucked his hands in his pockets just as Henry finall stopped yapping and left the stage.

New recruits walked down from the stage and Riley never lost his black haired beauty from his sight. "Shall we divide and conquer, or do you think there are power in numbers?" Griffin asked and Riley thought for a moment. “Let’s stay together, they’re doing the same thing anyway. And honestly, with you by my side, I’ll look more trustworthy.” he grinned and was ready to move when Cade’s name was dropped. Riley pursed his lips and didn’t say anything. He was a fool but not an idiot, he was very much aware that Cade was not, to put it lightly, too fond of him. Looking around, Riley tried to look for a few more familiar faces but the room was too full to see anyone. “If he did, he needs to tell me how he did it.” Riley shrugged and returned his attention to his future conquest.

"Looks like it's time for a bite..." Griffin announced after a while and Riley nodded moving forward. The girls looked frightened and kept looking around as if trying to find some sort of shelter. That’s why Riley was here. He came closer and his gaze met with the baby blue eyes of his selection. His lips twisted into a charming smirk before he spoke. “Hey there. Name’s Riley. This is my pal Jack. We figured that maybe you girls wanted someone to show you around?” he asked, his voice laced with charm and seductive undertone. Now the ball was in their court.

coded by natasha.

mentions
None.
interactions
Ghost, Jack ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ), Lyla, Cade ( apolla apolla ), Ruby, Riley ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ), Finn.
outfit
Samara Seabrook.
Samara wasn't necessarily one to go against the wishes of the S.I.N. corporation, especially when those wishes were directly stated by the Leader himself. But she had been around for a long time, had worked her way up to Level 2, and had almost the most freedom of any recruit level. She had seen and attended far too many of these ceremonies to care much about them anymore. Sure, she understood the importance of recruits. But Sam was hardly a recruit. Instead, a few of those recruits would be annoyances of her, fledglings she would have to help train and in turn, take the brunt of their uncontrolled, potentially unpredictable and underdeveloped skills. She had come to hate the first day of recruit training and understood now why Remmy had hated it as well. They were either scared or cocky, ready to conquer the world, or too afraid of their own abilities that they could barely move at all. Though she honestly preferred the latter, it was nice to have recruits to take out some of her anger on when she needed it. Wrapping her arms around Lyla in a light hug, the aqua-haired beauty appreciated the gesture.

Her green eyes slid over to Ruby, each appraising the other with what seemed like a tentative stare. They were both so similar, yet so opposite in many ways. Animals run from fire, and so she automatically felt an aversion to the spicy redhead. But Sam was also fully aware of her own reputation: one, as Remmy's righthand woman, and two, as the uncontrollable beast. Though they were cautious against one another, that was as far as it had gotten. Not friends, not enemies. Just existing in the same space. "Thank you, Lyla. You look gorgeous as well," Samara responded, bringing herself back to the present. In moments, they were alongside Cade and Finn, and the pieces of Lyla's plan began to fall into place. It was a risky move, considering the latter was the son of their fear-instilling leader. But Finn was also known to host some great parties in his off-campus apartment, and so Sam hoped he was game that evening. The shapeshifter focused her steely gaze on Cade, tilting her head curiously. He had always been strictly loyal, never questioning or breaking the rules, the perfect soldier, a solid Level Two. But he was a good partner as well, in the times they had worked together on missions.

"It was my idea," she said evenly, her eyes daring him to question her decision and ideas. They were evenly matched, the same level, hierarchical equals. "You and I both know these things are all for show. The recruits will mingle with instructors and other soldiers. Some will try to show off while others will try to hide. There will inevitably be a fight instigated by some overconfident recruit that they'll lose," Sam said, pausing to consider if maybe Cade had been that recruit in his year. Letting the thought go, she shrugged her shoulders and continued, "The point is, we've seen it all before. We've had a stressful past few months. And we deserve a bit of fun. So Ghost and Ruby are right. It's now or never." "I'm in," Finn spoke up, grabbing Sam's attention for a moment. He looked a little uncomfortable with the decision but nevertheless didn't take it back. Instead, he finished his glass of what was probably water and returned it to the bar, slipping his hands into the pockets of his slacks. A rare smile crept onto Samara's lips and she nodded her head in approval. "Perfect," she purred, glancing out over the room. The recruits had been removed from the stage and began to mingle about the crowd. This was the perfect time to slip out.

Two familiar brunettes caught her eye, and the shapeshifter let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. "You all go on ahead. I'll go see if the other two are interested. Though, I might be interrupting their hunting," she said, glancing at the group one more time before silently slipping through the crowd. As soon as she reached Jack and Riley, Sam hooked her arms through the two men's. "There you two are, don't you know it's time for your medication? Those rashes won't go away on their own," she said, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she glanced between them. Her eyes found the female recruits the boys had approached, and her eyes faux widened. "Steer clear ladies, these two can be contagious." The women's eyes widened and they continued down the row away from them. Sam let out a light laugh, unhooking herself from Jack and Riley. "Alright, now that they're gone, we're heading over to Finn's for a bit of an after-party. You two in?"
coded by natasha.

mentions
None.
interactions
Cade, Lyla ( apolla apolla ), Ruby ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ), Ghost ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ), Sam.
outfit
Finnegan Payne.
Maybe it wasn't necessarily like Finnegan Payne to want to leave a ceremony as important as the recruitment ceremony early. But, the words of the fleeting thought were out of his mouth before he even had a chance to consider them. He wasn't oblivious to the fact that Cade primarily hung around him to please the much more powerful of the Payne family, though he did enjoy the companionship nevertheless. So, it wasn't surprising for the larger blonde man to turn his sharp gaze on Finn, questioning what he had just said. Sounding like he was questioning his loyalty. The brunette technokinetic immediately felt the need to backpedal, to take back what he had said or try to come up with some excuse about how he meant something else than what the words sounded like. Did he want to go home to his quiet apartment, read a couple of books, and settle in for the night? Absolutely. But not at the cost of his loyalty to S.I.N. being taken into question.

Almost like a bell to save him from whatever situation his mismanagement of words was about to get him into, Lyla appeared with three other women in tow. They were all visions in their respective ballgowns, somehow each representing their different personalities. The pink-haired weather goddess pulled him into her arms, and Finn felt his entire body stiffen. No, she was pretty, and a girl, and what was she doing bringing her face that close to his? His heart immediately began to race, and he was sure everyone in the room with enhanced aural senses could hear it loud and clear. "W-w-what are you..." he began quietly but trailed off when her soft words filled his ear. "Can we get out of here?" His eyes widened in surprise, and he wasn't sure how to respond. Sure, he had been considering leaving. But that was for some alone time, not a party. And when it came to having people over to his apartment, especially S.I.N. soldiers who were not supposed to leave the compound, it was always a party.

Cade was less than enthused with Lyla's proposition, immediately shooting the idea down. The other three girls spoke up, each defending both Lyla and their idea to leave the party in search of one of their own. There was no telling what a conflict of personalities would do, especially those that were strong and connected to enhanced bodies with inhuman powers. The result would likely be a fight, and Finn had done much better in conflict negotiation class than hand-to-hand combat. So, when Samara made her final statement, the brunette quickly nodded his head and said, "I'm in." Despite being a Level One, there were still rules that, when broken, were quite punishable for him. But, given who his father was, there were few faculty and staff that were willing to take the chance in punishing the Payne heir. So, he might as well take his chances and give his friends the night they apparently needed, even if it caused him anxiety and cost him a night of quiet, relaxing reading.

Sam commented on attempting to find the others, not even waiting for a response, like questioning who those others might be, before stating they should go ahead and slipping into the crowd. Letting out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding, Finn nodded at Ruby's words. "Right. Follow me." He knew the S.I.N. compound like the back of his hand, knew all the ins and outs, the shortcuts and secret passages. So, it wasn't that hard for him to lead them off-campus without the questioning stares of the higher-ups taking notice. Slipping up the elevator he had a pin code to access and through an unmarked, often unlocked door that they usually used for escape parties to his apartment, Finnegan held it open for everyone as they took a step into the cool refreshing night air. "I think I-I still have the al-alcohol from the last time y-y-you all were over," he said quietly, stumbling over his words a bit as they walked through the city streets. Did he know how to be an appropriate party host? Absolutely not. Did it ever seem to matter? Also not really. As long as they were back in the compound before they were noticed, everything would be fine... Right?
coded by natasha.

mood
thrilled
outfit
interactions
everyone rn
Lyla Braye
Lyla was used to Cade's overprotectiveness, but that didn't mean it was always appreciated. She immediately wrapped Finn in her arms when she reached him, asking him if they could leave, but Cade was quick to shut the idea down. She let go of Finn, stepping back and frowning over at Cade. She was ready to tell her brother figure that the idea was hers, but the other three girls apparently all had her back and by the end of their different answers to him, her frown had flipped into a grin. "Come on." She told him, watching as the others started to follow Finn. Sam disappeared in the other direction, but Lyla only watched her for a second before her eyes flicked back to Cade's.

"You can't make me not go, and you know what kind of trouble I'd get into if you snitched. So just come." She pleaded with Cade, keeping her voice low so only he would hear. Though with the hum of conversation going on around them, she knew it wouldn't be a problem. He looked annoyed, but ultimately, she knew the second he'd given in to her request. Her eyes lit up and she grabbed his hand, practically dragging her behind him as she followed the others to the elevator. They were joined by Samara, Jack and Riley, and Lyla cast the latter two an excited wave. Finn punched the code in for the elevator to take them up, up, up and then they were out. Free. Well, almost. It was still the most freedom Lyla had felt in quite some time, and she couldn't help the bright smile that graced her features as she felt the night air on her face.

"I love this!" She exclaimed excitedly, stepping into the street and spinning around in a few circles. This caused her to become dizzy, and she let out a loud laugh as she stopped spinning, trying to keep herself upright. A pair of hands came down onto her shoulders, keeping her steady, and she shot Cade a grateful smile. "I'm okay." She told him, to which he only nodded before he let her go. Hearing Finn's comment about the alcohol, Lyla slid her gaze over to him. "Sounds good to me." She chirped, hurrying a little to catch up. Her dress was flowy but too long, and while it had worked for the ceremony, now it was just getting in the way. Pausing again, she grabbed the bottom of the skirt. Suddenly, a tearing noise cut through the air as she ripped the skirt up to her thighs, then around. It was a messy tear, but she eventually got the material off, leaving her in a much shorter skirt than before. "What?" She noticed Cade's look in her direction, but he just shook his head in response. "That's what I thought."

coded by natasha.

mood
annoyed
outfit
interactions
everyone rn
Cade Rivers
Lyla should have known better than to think Cade didn't know her, or wasn't able to read her whispers into Finn's ear. He immediately put his foot down to say she wasn't going. Did she even know what kind of trouble she'd get into if she got caught? Absolutely not. He wanted to know whose idea it was, but never in a million years did he expect all three of the other girls coming to Lyla's aid. He narrowed his eyes in particular at Ruby, ready to step closer to her when Sam spoke, distracting him. He sighed in annoyance, but they all started to move then and he knew he had a choice to make. It was only made easier yet harder at the same time by Lyla's quiet pleading.

"Fine." He muttered in response, saying nothing else as she grabbed his hand and led him to the elevator with the others. To his further annoyance, Sam returned with Riley of all people, and Jack. Thankfully, Cade got along with the latter, though with both Riley and Ruby on this "field trip" Cade already knew he wasn't going to have a good time. Keeping his feelings inside, as he always did, he stepped outside with everyone else when the elevator reached the top. A few seconds later, they were leaving through a door and they were actually outside. Though they weren't on a mission this time, and that only made Cade hyper aware of everything going on around him. Lyla's loud voice drew his attention to her, and when she stopped spinning and grew dizzy, he was behind her in seconds to make sure she stayed upright.

He gave her a soft nod when she told him she was okay, and he let her go. Glancing over his shoulder, Cade found that no one had followed them. It was likely no one even knew they were gone. But Cade knew, and he couldn't shake the feeling they were doing the wrong thing here. A sudden tearing sound distracted him from his thoughts, and his head whipped around to see Lyla tearing her dress, making it into a mini skirt. He fixed her with a flat expression, just rolling his eyes in response to her question. She still clutched the fabric of her ruined skirt as she bounded to follow the others, and Cade just reached up to rub his temples. This had been a mistake, but it was too late for him to change his mind. Bringing up the rear of their little group, Cade just crossed his arms over his chest as Finn led the way to his apartment.

coded by natasha.

mood
Excited
interactions
The Group
outfit
Ghost
In the couple years since joining S.I.N. - if one could count waking up in a strange room and deciding to live rather than die “joining”- Ghost had never broken the rules like this. Outside of missions or chaperoned trips, she’d never ventured into the real world. She didn’t have any ties to it like others did, at least not that she could remember, and only had a month or so of “freedom” that she could recall to begin with. That month hadn’t given her any reason to pine for her life before S.I.N., so it had been relatively easy to turn a blind eye to the world she could never return to.

Why she suddenly had the urge to sample a taste of rebellion tonight, she wasn’t certain. Perhaps seeing the new recruits and wondering what they were all leaving behind made her curious. Or perhaps it was simply because Samara had suggested it. Whatever the catalyst, Ghost’s heart beat a little quicker as she stepped into the elevator with the others and Finn used his Level One access to break them out. The aqua haired young woman had rounded up two more guys to join the party, making the elevator a tighter squeeze, but no one seemed to mind getting close if it meant escaping for a bit. Though Sam had initially opted to see what Lyla and Ruby were up to over Riley and Jack, Ghost wasn’t terribly surprised the latter pair made the cut in the end. Jack looked a little peeved about something, but obviously not peeved enough to stop him from looking for a fun end to what started as a dull night.

When Finn finally opened the last door out of the compound, crisp night air greeted them and Ghost couldn’t help but close her eyes for a moment as she literally took a breath of fresh air. It was so much sweeter when it wasn’t associated with a mission to assassinate someone. Imagine that. Finn held the door open for everyone, before stumbling over his words as they walked towards his apartment. I think I-I still have the al-alcohol from the last time y-y-you all were over. Ghost tilted her head a little, glancing over at the leader’s son. “How often do you throw these little parties?” She asked, surprised to hear this wasn’t the first time Finn was jailbreaking operatives. No wonder Lyla knew to come to him.

Ghost’s attention turned to Lyla as she celebrated her freedom, spinning around a bit before ripping most of the fabric off her dress. The platinum blonde laughed a little, choosing just to hold her own dress up in her hands to prevent it from dragging on the ground. It would be a dead giveaway if she returned to the compound with dirt and grime on her crisp white gown. Whoever was responsible for dry cleaning it certainly would be suspicious.

A flask was held out in front of Ghost, and she glanced down at it before following the arm which held it til she met Jack’s gaze. Take some, pass it around… He grinned, his peevish mood already remedied. There’s not much left, but I’ll share til it’s gone. Blue eyes shifted back to the flask as Jack shook it a little, and Ghost smiled as she accepted it. Her smile quickly turned to a grimace though when she took a swig, the amber liquid burning her throat and making her eyes water. “Thanks…” She coughed, holding the flask out to the others for whoever wanted it next.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
mood
Peeved but getting over it
interactions
The Group
outfit
Jack Griffin
Agreeing with Riley's decision to stay together, and perhaps even his comment that the metal bender would look more trustworthy compared to the human voodoo doll, Jack strolled over to the buffet table where their prey awaited. Free of the stage, the girls' expressions revealed a little more of the fear they'd been hiding while under the gaze of an audience. A more sympathetic soul might have taken pity upon them, relating to what they must be feeling, but Riley and Jack instead used their vulnerability to their advantage. They would be comforting companions so long as it ended in the comfort of their beds. Hey there. Name's Riley. This is my pal Jack. We figured that you girls wanted someone to show you around? Riley was smooth with his introduction, his lack of propriety hidden beneath his charm. It was probably for the best that he'd broken the ice, because Jack's approach was usually a little more gruff.

Watching the girls process Riley's words individually, before turning to each other, the corner of Jack's mouth quirked up as he opened it to go in for the kill. Unfortunately, a woman's voice interrupted, cutting him off. There you two are, don't you know it's time for your medications? Those rashes won't go away on their own. Before turning around Jack knew who the voice belonged to, and he let out an annoyed grunt at Samara's cockblock as she came to a stop between him and Riley, hooking her arms in theirs. Her eyes widened and Jack shook his head, having a bad feeling about the next words that were going to come out of her mouth as she appraised the girls. "Don't..." He warned. But she did. Steer clear ladies, these two can be contagious. Jack scowled darkly at the acqua haired woman, before back up to where the two women were. Or, where they used to be. The blonde and brunette had quickly began their escape and were making their way down the buffet table. "She only knows that because we got the rash from her..." He called to the girls, figuring if they were a lost cause he might as well take Sam down with them.

"What the fuck?" Jack asked, glancing back to Sam as she unhooked her arms. The young woman let out a laugh, which drastically contrasted the mood she'd put Jack in. Alright, now that they're gone, we're heading over to Finn's for a bit of an after-party. You two in? The brunette's scowl only slightly lessened at the news that an after-party was in the works, and he shrugged his affirmative reply. "Yeah, my calendar suddenly cleared up..." He said sarcastically, following after the woman as she led the way back to the other group. "Didn't need to ruin our future fun with the rash story though." He grumbled, stuffing his hands in his pocket, wanting to finish off his flask right then and there.

Soon enough, Jack found himself squeezed into an elevator with seven other people as Finn snuck them out of the compound. He decided he'd give himself the amount of time it took them to taste freedom to be peeved at Samara, and then he'd put it behind him so he could enjoy the rest of the night. Sure enough, once the group made it out to the street, Jack felt a fuck ton better and broke out the flask freely, no longer needing to hide it. Lyla was making quick work of enjoying her freedom, and Jack watched with interest as she tore her dress to her thighs. "Think you could have gone a little shorter, Pinkie..." He smirked, taking a drink of his flask before handing it to the closest person. At the moment that was Ghost, who looked a little hesitant at first to take the metal canister. "Take some, pass it around. There's not much left but I'll share til it's gone." The blonde took the flask, failing, or not even trying to hide, her distaste for its contents. Thanks... She replied, coughing as she passed it off. With Finn's comment about having booze at his apartment after the last party, Jack was in a generous mood and wanted the other sober party guests to catch up as quickly as possible. He had a buzz going already for his contraband libations during the gala.

"So Finny," Jack grinned, weaving his way over to the young man. "Usually I'm the one who convinces you to spring us from the compound... You come up with this plan on your own tonight?" He asked, a little devilish pride glinting in his eyes if Finn had. Though the two men were almost complete opposites, Jack quite liked Finnegan. Not finding his nearly as stuck up as the leader's son could be. In fact, Finn was rather humble about his parentage and standing in S.I.N.. Sometimes too humble, and Jack liked to push him to take advantage of his opportunities a little more. "And Cade," He began, looking over at the blonde man beside Lyla. "Couldn't you have come and gotten us? Samara cost us two pretty little things..."

coded by natasha.

mood
elevated
outfit
interactions
Lyla, Cade ( apolla apolla ); Ghost, Jack ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ); Sam, Finn ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )
Ruby Spark

The event was a killer and definitely not in any positive sense. Ruby felt her own brain dying just listening to monotonous boring words coming out of Henry’s mouth and she was the happiest when Lyla finally appeared. As the best person Ruby had in her life now, it was a real lifesaver. Ever since she was offered the choice between red and blue pill, Ruby was trying hard to get in lines, to fit in. And while many of the other trainees were only getting on her nerves, riling her up or bringing out that fire in her, Lyla was the perfect opposite. Calm to Ruby’s storm, extinguisher to Ruby’s fire. The night could have gone in several different ways but quite frankly, when Ghost and Samara joined the girls with an idea of throwing their own little party, Ruby didn’t protest, quite the contrary, followed Lyla immediately as she set off to find Finn and ask him to lend a hand here.

Henry’s son soon came to their line of sight but it was not just him which made Ruby groan. As expected, Cade decided to be a buzzkill and his reaction made Ruby wonder how old he actually was. Maybe that was his superpower. He was an eighty-year-old fart in the body of a young man and so he was determined to snuff out all the fun. Thankfully, Ruby was not the only one to explain why he was wrong. Ghost and Lyla joined her and once Sammy rejoined them, bringing two more boys with her, the small group sneaked out from the main room, following Finn who held the keys from the castle as the only Level 1 agent in the group. A small wrinkle appeared on Ruby’s forehead when she realized that. Level 1 seemed like something incredibly far away. She herself was Level 4 and there was no telling when or if she would reach Finn’s level. If they were smart, they were not going to let her that far. And maybe those were just her bitter thoughts of an animal in the cage, unable to move freely as she wanted.

Cold nocturnal air soon touched her face and Ruby inhaled deeply. There was a question somewhere in the back of her mind how safe this was, having a bunch of gifted youngsters out there with no restraint. Without any further hesitation, she reached in her clutch and pulled out a pack of menthol cigarettes, placing one between her lips. With a small snap, she created a small flame between her fingers and brought it to the cigarette, lighting it up. Those were all routine moves, practiced and honed to perfection. “Cigarette, anyone?” she asked, more than willing to share her bad habit. Ghost held out a small flask which Ruby grabbed almost greedily, knowing there was a liquid treasure inside. Alcohol burned her throat as she took two generous sips and handed the flask to the next person. Nicotine was filling her lungs, satisfying her need for drugs and a smile curled on her lips, feeling her freedom again. The train of her gown swept the street but she could care less, not following Lyla’s example. “Neat.” she smirked, falling in step with her friend, wrapping an arm around her waist as they walked. “This is random as fuck but we should all gop get tattoos.” she laughed over her own idea. But a neon sign on the other side of the road told her about a small tattoo studio and really, wouldn’t that be fun?

coded by natasha.

mood
having fun
outfit
interactions
Riley Gallagher

It was finally the best part of the night. The speech was over, the new recruits left the stage and the hunt was free to begin. Riley was barely able to hide his grin and held it, suppress it not to be too obvious and hungry. His green eyes already found the one he wanted to own for tonight and he was set out to get that girl to his room no matter the cost. The girl was gorgeous and her body promised treasures untold, Riley already knew. After a certain amount of time, one might obtain this special power of knowing what a girl could do and Riley had it, even prided himself on that, often being called a dick by the female agents. Well, he knew, okay? At least he had that kind of self reflexion, if you asked him.

He and Jack approached the girls and Riley made the introductions, mentally patting his back for being so smooth. Works like a charm, every time, he smirked and was ready to continue when another voice joined them from behind. But the more Sammy spoke, the more color vanished from Riley’s face. “Sam…” he groaned and his face was twisted in a painful grimace. The girls looked at him and Jack, taking a step back and Riley knew it was over. There was no way to salvage that. Especially after Sam added how contagious they could be. That truly sent the girls packing and the two players remained alone with Sam having an apparent blast. “You owe me a date, Seabrook.” Riley sighed, hanging his head down in frustration. He only perked up when she mentioned a party. “I’m in.” he told her with a grin. “But really, Sammy. You gonna fix that up, right? You gonna tell them it’s not true? The rash I mean?” he asked her hastily. “Or else we’ll never score again. Then you’ll have to be my date for everything. I wouldn’t complain but…you know.” he winked, slinging his arm around her shoulder as they walked.

Soon they joined the group and Finn led them outside. Riley was still cranky about the rash situation but the idea of a party with his friends. They quickly walked as far from the headquarters as possible and Jack’s flask went around. As Ruby was done with it, Riley took it from her, sending the redhead a small flirty smirk to which she just raised her eyebrows and looked away. Riley only took a small sip since he had his part before and handed it to Samara. “Want some, my lovely date?” he asked her with a little teasing undertone just as Griffin spoke to Cade, making Riley laugh. “Dude! He’d scare the girls away more permanently than Sammy’s rash story with that growl and stare. You’d be prettier if you smiled, big guy. Show off those pearly whites, come on! Maybe we can even get you a date tonight, eh?” he laughed, poking Cade on purpose. He was well aware the tall blonde was not exactly fond of him but when did that ever stop the metal bender?

coded by natasha.

mentions
None.
interactions
Jack ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ), Riley ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ).
outfit
Samara Seabrook.
The S.I.N. corporation was an interesting place for a self-identified introvert like Samara. While she was a thrill-seeker and independent in nature, getting along with people wasn't exactly her cup of tea. Throughout her childhood, she was usually alone. She was an only child, homeschooled by her mother. She was Sam's best friend. But when her mother got sick and passed away, she wanted nothing more than to explore and meet more kids her age. But her father had other ideas. Instead, he locked her away in the basement, experimenting and testing on her. For a while, he was her only source of social interaction, and it was torture every time. When Samara escaped, she spent several years alone even after that. It wasn't until the higher-ups of S.I.N. found her that the aqua-haired woman had any sort of true human interaction. Maybe that was why Remmy had been so important to her. He had been like the older brother she never had growing up, the one that she had wanted. Maybe then, she wouldn't have had the childhood she did.

Either way, maybe her choice of words wasn't the best when approaching the guys. But she did enjoy the look of annoyance on their faces when the recruit women walked away. Samara had had the pleasure of working with both men in the past. There were all three adventurous types, reckless in some senses and constantly in search of adrenaline. She met both shortly after joining S.I.N. Jack was recruited with her, and for a while, he didn't take the whole thing seriously. But when Sam was finally promoted to level 4, that seemed to kick his butt into gear. From that moment on, it was constant competition. Riley, however, was a bit of the opposite. He was her best friend, her partner in crime, the Hawkeye to her Black Widow. They always had each other's backs, could finish each other sentences, and even know what the other was thinking without words. That was why they were partners more often than with anyone else.

The audible groans brought a smile to Samara's lips. "C'mon, you guys. You know a party at Finn's wouldn't be the same without the two of you. Besides, there's plenty of time to get with some recruits. It's not like they're going anywhere. And the rash will only make it more of a challenge. I know how you boys love a challenge," she responded with a shrug, hands resting on her hips. Her green eyes flicked over to Riley, rolling them in response to his comment. "In your dreams, Gallagher," she answered with a teasing tone, winking at the brunette metal-bender. They took off towards the secret escape door, the way that Finn had told them about to get off base whenever they were heading to his place. She sighed and nodded. "Fine, I'll fix it up. But only because I don't want you annoying me all the time," Sam responded, bumping her shoulder against his. It wasn't long until they reached Finn's apartment, and the party could truly begin.

Finn's apartment was about what one would expect for the quiet leader's son. Decked out to the nines in luxury, leaving no want or need unmet. But impersonal in some ways. Sure, there were several books covering a variety of topics lying around. But no personal photos of touches. Almost like a hotel room. Sam walked in alongside Riley, having seen the apartment a few times before. She reached for the flask, taking a small drink before passing it on to the next. The bitter liquid hidden away in the metal was one thing, but Finn was quick to pull out the variously filled bottles that they had drank at their previous party. Sam scanned the bottles but kept her distance. A small sip here and there wouldn't harm her. But she knew what some of the others thought, what she thought of herself. She had to stay in control. And so, instead of taking any, Sam moved on to the bookshelves on the far wall, idly scanning the titles.
coded by natasha.

mentions
Lyla, Cade ( apolla apolla ), Riley ( _amaranth_ _amaranth_ ), Sam.
interactions
Ghost, Jack ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ).
outfit
Finnegan Payne.
The fresh air outside of the compound was a welcome change from the stale, slightly locker room smelling odor that filled those four walls. When there were several young people constantly sparring and training, and the air was recycled through a circulation system, there was little that could be done about the scent. But outside, despite the pollution from the cars and people in the city, the air was much more refreshing. The light, chilled breeze swept across his skin and through his hair, and for a slight moment, Finnegan felt relaxed. But that was short-lived as the sounds of material ripping filled the air. The brunette technokinetic glanced over to find Lyla tearing the majority of her skirt, revealing a lot of skin. He immediately felt his cheeks begin to heat up, turning a deep tomato red. No matter how hard he tried, Finnegan was never able to move past the constant embarrassment and nervousness he felt when he was around a woman. What it stemmed from, he wasn't entirely sure. But if he didn't find a way out of it, he would be alone forever.

Finn quickly averted his gaze, thankful that Ghost asked the question that she did to distract him. "Not too terribly often. Only when one of them t-t-t-talks me into it," he responded sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy their little get-togethers in his apartment. It was a nice change of pace from the usual grind within the compound. But the constant anxiety of breaking the rules still got to him, like a cluster of butterflies swimming around in his stomach. He was afraid of the consequences, afraid of what his father might say or worse, do. But his need to be liked, to feel like he wasn't a burden sometimes outweighed that anxiety and he gave in to the wishes of his friends. And that was how they all entered the apartment building, climbed the stairs to the apartment, and stopped just outside the beige front door. With shaking hands because he was constantly a nervous wreck, Finnegan fished the golden keys from his pocket, unlocked the door, and stepped inside.

"Make yourself at home." The words were automatic but sincere. Finn led the way in, slipping around one corner into the kitchen area. His apartment was him in some ways and ambiguous in others. It was outfitted with the latest decor and designs, the newest appliances and electronics. S.I.N. promised only the best for its highest-ranked soldiers. That, and he was the leader's son, though that rarely earned him the privilege. Because, despite what a lot of the other soldiers thought, Finn did work incredibly hard to get to Level One. Sure, he wasn't the best in hand-to-hand combat, and his aim with weapons wasn't ideal. But he had his skills, things that were useful in the field. He was able to dismantle or control electronics with a single thought, could read a book on something, and immediately be proficient in it. Suddenly need to know Russian? Done. A computer or database that needs to be hacked? Easy. Even though he didn't always think highly of himself, he was useful to the organization.

Pulling open the fridge and cabinet alongside it, Finnegan took out the array of half-empty bottles from previous parties and sat them out on the counter alongside some glasses. He looked up at Jack, seeing the look in his eyes. "No, it wasn't my idea," he answered, eyes flicking over to Lyla and then Sam by the bookshelf. "Actually, the g-g-girls came up with it." It dawned on him that he currently had four beautiful women in his apartment, and his cheeks immediately flared bright red once more. No, push those thoughts away. He didn't need to catch an earful from Jack, encouraging him to try and talk to the girls, or even Riley, who had taken it upon himself to try a teach the shy brunette a thing or two about dating. At least Cade usually kept out of that conversation, seemingly avoiding the topic of women altogether when he was around Finn. Now all he needed was something to deter that conversation. "Have you all been assigned your next mission yet?"
coded by natasha.

mood
thrilled
outfit
interactions
everyone rn
Lyla Braye
Lyla appreciated Cade and everything he did for her, same with her other friends. But she wasn't a child, and she didn't need to be told how to live. SIN already did that enough, and with this little taste of freedom they were getting thanks to Finn, Lyla planned on having some fun. She tore the dress without regard to what the others would think, and she smiled when she heard Ghost's laugh, before she caught sight of Cade's face. But he just shook his head and kept walking, and then Lyla heard Jack's comment. Her face tinged pink but she grinned anyway. "Yeah? You think?" She paused, looking down, then felt Cade's hand on her back pushing her forward. "Don't even think about it." He muttered.

A flask was being passed around, but Lyla didn't even notice, too interested in her surroundings. At some point, Ruby came to walk beside her, and Ly turned her gaze towards the brightly lit tattoo shop. "Oh! We should!" She exclaimed, but to her disappointment, they kept going. Oh, well, they could always hit it on the way back or something. Picking up the pace, they eventually reached Finn's apartment, and Lyla's eyes were still wide with excitement as she looked around at everything. It wasn't her first time here, but as with every other time, she loved looking around. It was so different than their rooms at SIN, where they weren't allowed to have pretty much anything. Unless they were trusted, in which case their options were still limited. It was more like a prison than a home, but here, at least Finn had options.

Not that he utilized those options. "We still need to decorate in here." She mused, turning to Finn as he pulled the bottles from the fridge. She looked at the options before she wrapped her delicate fingers around the neck of a tequila bottle, ignoring Cade's comment at her choice. Twisting the cap off, she set the bottle down long enough to find some shot glasses. "Who's doing tequila shots with me?" She asked, pouring herself one and looking around at the others. Jack had asked who came up with the idea of their little excursion, and Lyla tilted the tequila bottle in his direction, offering a wink with it. "You're welcome." She chirped, before she poured a few more tequila shots for anyone who may want to join her. "So, we're getting tattoos on the way back, right?"

coded by natasha.

mood
annoyed
outfit
interactions
everyone rn
Cade Rivers
It didn't escape Cade's notice that he was apparently the only one with a brain here. But with that being said, he was also going along on the trip to Finn's apartment, and it wasn't the first time he'd done so. So did that mean he had a brain? Maybe he didn't. He could say that he was going to protect Lyla all he wanted, but the truth was, it was nice getting outside of SIN while not being on assignment. The others could think what they wanted, but Cade wasn't a cold blooded killer who killed just for the fun of it. He did what he had to do to survive, same as most of the others. There were some hardened figures lurking around SIN, and he could be one of them, but to him it was just a necessity.

If someone from SIN found out they left, they were all dead. Yet here they were, gallivanting down the streets in formal wear. Cade tried to keep his eye from twitching, especially at Griffin's comment towards Lyla after she ripped her dress. She stopped, looking down and Cade knew she would tear it more if given the chance. So he placed his hand on her back, nudging her forward while trying not to tear into Jack. "Don't even think about it." Only when he was sure she wouldn't, he released her. He noticed the flask going around as well, but to his disappointment, it didn't reach him before they got to Finn's apartment. Not one to beg, he just leaned against the counter once inside the place, waiting for the alcohol bottles to appear as Finn placed them on the counter.

Ly went right for the tequila, and Cade wrinkled his nose. "Absolutely not." He pushed off the counter, grabbing for the bourbon to make himself a drink. "Not too many." He advised the pink haired girl, who clearly acted like she hadn't heard him. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes, still annoyed from the whole thing. Not only that, but he'd wanted to punch Riley square in the nose at his comments, and he was resisting the urge to do that too. Downing some of the bourbon, he felt calmer, but he also knew if he drank too much his inhibitions would be lowered and Riley might earn that punch. So he set the glass back down, looking between the others. That is, until Lyla brought up getting tattoos. "No." He shook his head, considering the matter to be closed.

coded by natasha.

mood
Curious
interactions
The Group
outfit
Ghost
Finn's sheepish reply that he'd had a few parties at his place when egged on by his friends helped push away any remaining concern Ghost had about the leader's son. She'd always been rather intimidated by him due to his standing and parentage, but now that they were in a more casual setting her feelings seemed rather misplaced. "Well, thank you for hosting us tonight as well then..." She replied, still a little formally, before her attention was diverted by the flask that was being passed around. Soon enough though, they'd arrived at Finn's apartment and he was welcoming the small group inside.

Compared to the plain and impersonal rooms the operatives dwelled in at the base, Finn's apartment was heaven. While the idea was foreign to her, Ghost had heard of the term "homey" and she wondered if this apartment fell into that category. It at least had to be homier than her room. While their host went to work gathering alcohol, the white clad woman slowly moved about the room to peer at the decorations and personal touches here and there. Only when Lyla asked if anyone wanted shots, did Ghost end her tour to rejoin the party.

Though she preferred gin over any other alcohol, no one was pouring a collection of gin shots to do as a group. In an effort to prevent herself from fading into the background like she was often apt to do, Ghost walked over to Lyla and accepted one of the shots. Waiting for others to join in, Lyla suggested they all get tattoos on the way back. The platinum blonde laughed at the idea, recalling Ruby's earlier suggestion on the way to Finn's. Leave it to these two girls to take an adventure to the next level. Before she could even ponder the suggestion though, Cade tried to put a stop to it with a simple, and resolute, no.

"I'm starting to think that no, don't and absolutely not are the only phrases you know tonight Cade..." Ghost teased the serious blonde softly. Her tone was casual, and her aim wasn't to rile him up, but rather gently suggest he loosen up... a little. She and Cade were not close by any means, but there was an unsaid understanding between them. Neither were the most emotive or talkative, and Ghost appreciated that about him, especially when most of the others were rather outgoing. Right now however, she toed the line of her usual respectful nature. If she could let down her hair for a night so to speak, so could he. Offering an apologetic smile for what she was about to do, she turned away from him to glance back at Lyla. "I would get one..." She said, deciding to join in on the fun for once rather than watch it from the outside.

What Ghost would get inked, she wasn't sure, but it would be nice to have a tattoo that she actually got to choose. Or at least, would remember choosing. The large ghost that was permanently etched into the center of her back might have been the source of her name, but she still had no idea what it meant or why it was tattooed on her. For all she knew, it could have been a dare from a life she didn't remember... and part of her almost hoped it was. At least that would mean that she'd been fun and spontaneous in a past life. Something she aspired to now, but couldn't quite make herself attain. Tonight was a step in the right direction though.

"You two going to get matching friendship tattoos?" Ghost asked Sam and Riley, joking to hide her envy of their close bond. For some reason watching the pair together always made her feel just a little bit more alone in the world. It would be easier if she hated the pair, but she decidedly liked both quite a bit and had long ago accepted the unfortunate side effect of their friendship.

coded by natasha.

mood
Trouble
interactions
The Group
outfit
Jack Griffin
To say that Jack was pleased to be away from the gala and the base would be an understatement. He hadn't realized how cooped up he'd been feeling lately until they were out in the fresh air and making their way to Finn's for a small party. Yeah his flask of booze had brought him some solace during the speeches, but the bottles that awaited him would bring even more... plus a little extra fun! Momentarily forgetting to tread carefully with Lyla when around Cade, Jack nearly got himself in trouble with his dress length comment and made sure to give the blonde man extra berth until they made it back to Finn's. It was too bad though, because the light blush on Lyla's cheeks had been just enough encouragement to make the human voodoo doll temporarily forget the girl he'd left behind at the party. Which was largely thanks to Sam, who would now likely be fending off Riley for the rest of the night as retribution.

Luckily, it didn't take the group too long before they arrived at their destination, and Jack stuck close to Finn while the latter fished out the bottles of booze. He was a little disappointed to learn that the Level One operative hadn't come up with tonight's plan on his own, but it wasn't that surprising. You're welcome, came Lyla's voice, steering Jack's gaze in her direction for a moment as she pointed the tequila bottle at him. He grinned, opening his mouth with a sly retort on his tongue, before catching Cade out of the corner of his eye and thinking better of it. "Much obliged..." He said instead, reaching over and taking two shot glasses- one for himself and one for his friend that was turning redder by the minute.

Chuckling a little, Jack handed Finn the tequila. "A little liquid courage..." He whispered, giving him a wink as he cocked his head in the direction of the girls encouragingly. The techno-kinetic tried to redirect the conversation by asking if anyone had gotten their next mission yet, but the only answer came in the form of Lyla suggesting they get tattoos afterwards. "Sounds like our next mission is to get inked, pal." Jack smirked, shooting back his tequila after growing tired of waiting. It went down like water, and the dark haired boy leaned over with his empty glass to have Lyla pour him some more. "Oops, must have a hole in it..." He mused.

While Jack could be nearly as surly as Cade sometimes, his buzz had him in a good mood. The only thing that would put him in an even better one would be if there were a few more girls at the party to flirt with. He knew Sam too well, and Riley was punishment enough for her... Lyla was under the ever watchful eye of Cade, much to his chagrin... He'd crassly hit on Ghost once and had found out the hard way what her powers entailed when she transformed into him after an unwanted kiss... And he and Ruby had only a slightly better relationship that Cade and Ruby did. The options weren't very promising for himself unless someone managed to distract the guard dog for a while, or he tried to play nice with the red head. He glanced at Ruby, trying to discern how long he'd last before he got his eyebrows burned off. Probably not very long.

Of course, if he wasn't going to score tonight, then perhaps his talents were better put to use as a wingman for Finn? God knew Finn could use a little attention from a woman in his life. If that attention didn't have him hyperventilating... Breaking himself out of his thoughts, Jack raised his glass to start off the toast once everyone who was taking a shot had one. "To the next mission..." He grinned, tossing back his second shot.

coded by natasha.

mood
a little more relaxed
outfit
interactions
Lyla ( apolla apolla ); Ghost, Jack ( Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom ); Finn ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )
Ruby Spark

The evening certainly didn’t go the way Ruby had expected and thank god it was that way. She needed a little more freedom and ever since the organization sunk their claws in her, she was under constant monitoring, never alone, always being watched. For a girl who used to pass her time as a vigilante when not selling her baked goodies, this was a rapid change of lifestyle and she was still having difficulties to adapt. In this group, she was the only S.I.N. agent with the status of Level 4, which meant she was the least reliable out of them all. Her thoughts were whirling around in her head and she wondered if these people around her even realized that. It was easier than easy to go to the bathroom and slip out of the front door. But something was telling her it was also easier said than done. Plus, Finn was a nice guy, the nicest one out of the male part of this group for sure. But he was also Henry’s son and Ruby didn’t know what she could expect there.

Henry was someone Ruby passionately despised. She was hiding it but inside, she hated the man like he was her mortal enemy. Ever since the very first day she was brought to the headquarters, the two kept growling at each other. His was the first face she saw when waking up in the S.I.N. and she almost attacked him. The only thing that stopped her were the leather wraps hugging her ankles, waist and wrists. Her powers were not working as a result of whatever they did to her but Ruby had never felt weaker in her life. Swear words spewed from her lips as she was brought in front of Henry later that day and she sent him to hell after he offered her the choice to stay. That was, of course, before he told her it was a do or die situation. And Ruby wanted to live. She had to live to find and avenge her parents. However, it never changed her attitude towards Henry which cost her dearly numerous times.

Finn seemed nothing like his father but was it really true? Was it the real him or just some decoy to lul her, to calm her down and make her trust him? That wasn’t easy. Ruby didn’t trust anyone at this point. At least not fully. There were people she let closer to her, she opened up to them a little. But trust? That was a precious thing to offer for the redhead.

“I don’t think they’re letting me out any time soon.” she answered Finn’s question about missions. “Apparently, I am not to be trusted.” she added, making air quotes with her fingers, accompanied by a slight eye roll. “Not that I want to anyway…” Lyla offered shots and Ruby waved at her. She also bit a few words back after hearing Ghost’s words to Cade. No one needed any sort of battle between the two so she just reached for her shot and raised it in the air to toast. “Keep ‘em coming, Ly. God knows when we will have another chance to actually party away from the compound.”

coded by natasha.

mood
having fun
outfit
interactions
Riley Gallagher

Before S.I.N., Riley could say he had a lot of friends but quite frankly, none of them was a friend that Riley would catch a grenade for. Those were mostly mutually beneficial friendships. I’ll scratch yours if you scratch mine. Riley never knew the taste of real true selfless friendship. He had to die for it to happen. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Once he joined the organization, he was dead to the outside world but to Riley, it kind of felt like he was born again. It was a fresh start. Naturally, the boy was not excited about all the rules and restrictions but he met a few people who instantly grew on him and for the first time in his life, he found someone who was worth even dying for. Sammy Seabrooke. She became his partner in crime, the same kind of adrenaline junkie he was. She never said no to any idea, no matter how crazy he was. It was what Riley admired about her. She was just one courageous shapeshifter.

Not that she couldn’t be a pain in the ass sometimes and Riley never failed to tell her but they both knew it was all in good fun. Sam was actually one of the very few who could get under Riley’s skin and it was simply because she knew him like the back of her hand. Joking between the two almost never stopped and even now as they entered Finn’s place, they kept exchanging witte remarks. Riley’s love making filled night was already the matter of the past and he knew that he was not gonna have any luck with the ladies here but fine, he would have to get over it somehow. Maybe he could try and annoy the shit out of Cade, see how far he could push him this time. That shit never got old and Riley simply loved poking the big old grump, knowing very well that he could earn a punch or seven.

“Finn, my boy, forget the missions, that’s work. Relax, loosen up.” he grinned, slapping Finn’s back a few times. “Have a few shots with me, eh? That won’t hurt that big smart brain of yours.” he laughed, reaching for two shot glasses Lyla had already poured. He downed one and handed one to his friend. His thoughts were running along the same lines as Jack’s when it came to Finn, he just didn’t know it. And he also wouldn’t do anything unless he had a certain level of alcohol in his blood. Handing his empty glass back to Lyla for a refill, he offered her a flirty wink and would continue with some smart comment as well but Ghost's words grabbed his attention. “I’m down for matching tattoos! You could get my name in an arrow heart, Sammy, how about that?” he laughed, knowing well how ridiculous it was and that Samara would never do that. Moreover, there was a remark coming his way and Riley felt it. “But for real, we might just get some ink, you know. All of us. Even something tiny. It’s not like they’re gonna examine our bodies with a fucking magnifying glass. Or are they, Finn? Yeah, didn’t think so.” Riley shrugged and tossed back his next shot before letting Finn’s shoulders go. Then he approached the stereo system and played with it for a moment, plugging his phone in to play his music.

coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back