• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom S.E. Hinton's 'The Outsiders' anyone? ((no longer accepting))

fruit soup

make a move, reindeer games
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! My name is MK, and welcome to my thread!

A little bit about myself:
I’m looking for a roleplay partner! A couple things about me and my schedule: I’m in my junior year in highschool and I’m quite involved in band and in knowledge bowl. I’m also quite knee-deep in homework from four college classes and a level 4 foreign language class, amongst a few other responsibilities. I may not be able to respond very frequently, sometimes my responses may be spaced out to every other day, and for that, I apologize. I know people quite like speedy responses, but frankly my schedule may not allow for that. But, I’ll try to keep you updated if I may be busy for a couple days. On the topic of my age, I would really prefer it if my roleplay partners weren’t too much older than me. Maybe within 6 years of my age or so. I also request that we stick to the rules of RPN forums, i.e., no super explicit scenes. I’m also super LGBT friendly, and I’m down for any sort of pairing!

I’m in a college composition and language course, so I think my writing is at least half decent and I use (mostly) proper grammar and whatnot, so while I may use text speech in casual conversation, my responses will be more in depth and correct in both syntax and diction. My responses will vary from a full sized paragraph per character to a few rather fleshed out paragraphs depending on where we are in the roleplay! I really like to double with my roleplay partners, as I think it helps give equal fulfillment to a roleplay for both parties. If you ever get bored please tell me! We can figure something out to make it more interesting or drop it completely and go on about our separate ways. I’m a rather agreeable person, I think, so if you want to drop a roleplay my feelings won’t be hurt. : )

Okay, so, I already have a thread up and posted on the 1x1 Interest Check page with my fandoms listed, and The Outsiders is one of them. However, I don't have The Outsiders stated right then and there on the thread, but it is a title that I am d y i n g to roleplay with someone. I hope it doesn't seem pretentious that I've posted two separate threads in the past 24 hours. Truth is, I've loved the book and the movie since the 8th grade and most my good roleplay buddies aren't into it as much as I am. Recently, I've heavily rekindled my love for the Greasers and Socs of Tulsa, and was wondering if anyone on this site was in the fandom as well! I've got no particular ideas in mind, but I'm very much into the whole 50s-60s Slice of Life prospects that The Outsiders presents, and I'm fine with basing the roleplay strictly on the book, loosely around it or before or after the timeline of the book, literally anything except modern! greasers (my mind just can't translate these characters into 2019 teen/young adult culture). I'm looking for someone to play Darry or Dally (though Darry is preferred), and I can play almost anyone else for you except for Ponyboy (being that he's 14). I really hope someone's interest is peaked by this thread, I'm really into this idea and would truly love it if I am able to pick up a roleplay for this title!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back