Ryan Wilson

"It's a name. So what?"

Alter-EgoDeathstroke"You better believe it."Age20"Hardly matters."

ParentsGrant Wilson"That's him, father-dearest."

SexualityHeterosexual"Yes, I bat for the other team. Disappointed?"

Alignment

Neutral Evil / Chaotic Neutral

"I'm as good as they come."

PersonalityRyan has inherited many traits that his father, Grant also possessed, and similarly his grandfather Slade, namely his attitude being one; with a to-the point and blunt manner of speaking, accompanied by often witty and sarcastic, humor; which is usually pretty good - provided he isn't trying to decapitate you - he combines both the mannerisms of his father with his own to create something rather unique; He does in-fact enjoy the sound of his own voice, without the expertise of Deathstroke, or "Ravager", Ryan is not only highly arrogant, but he is lax in his duty - Deathstroke is an assassin, first and foremost, yet Ryan doesn't possess the bloodlust Slade has, and will avoid killing unless necessary - though that isn't to say he is unwilling to kill - he is perfectly willing, despite their differences, he shares the same fierce passion and determination that his father carried and is well-capable of being ruthless to further his own goals. 

Despite his general attitude, he is still a very young adult, he hasn't mastered the Deathstroke persona, meaning he is far below the abilities of his father and further still from his grandfather, unlike Slade and Grant, he does what he does for a thrill, and a personal challenge. As opposed to his father who was on a vengeance crusade, and his Grandfather who saw it as simple 'business'. Ryan would much rather enjoy himself with more petty crimes such as Grand Larceny or a Government Kidnapping."Keep in mind that if you annoy me, I have to kill you."

History
Life for Ryan was a little more complex than most might guess; having been born to Grant Wilson and Carol Sladky before there inevitable break-up - caused early complications in what may have been an ordinary childhood - naturally, when Ryan's father became involved with H.I.V.E, the relationship he shared with Carol began to disintegrate. Soon enough, she left Grant, an event he blamed on the Teen Titans; undergoing a crusade for revenge, the new villain under the guise of "Ravager" received powers identical to his father, Slade Wilson, through bloody experimentation - courtesy of H.I.V.E. Though the fates had crafted another path for Grant. Late one night, under the stars and moon, the once love of his life returned and with her she carried something that would change Grant's life forever. A baby boy, pleading that she couldn't raise the child alone; yet was adamant in her decision to remain independent of Grant meant that he had to bear the responsibility of raising a new child, a son. Whilst he could have given the child away, he did not; and thus Grant replaced his vow of vengeance with a new purpose, his son.

Ryan's early life was insignificant, put simply. As a fervent admirer of his own father, Grant tutored Ryan from as soon as he could walk and talk on the alias' of Deathstroke. Whether out of shame, or regret; never did the child hear of H.I.V.E or Ravager, whilst Grant tutored his son on warfare, combat, and weapons - Ryan received a standard education from a local school - as expected, with a kid who could fight and had natural genetically advantages over his peers, Ryan was supremely arrogant, a bully, and always the best at sports. His arrogance was never put in check, his bullying was never dealt with, and he always remained the top of the class at athletics. Such things became standard life, and shaped viewpoint greatly - he saw himself as "superior" to other people, "Normal" people. 

This self-belief, and arrogance only festered the older he got - since with age came greater trials, when Ryan was no longer a child, what started as simple demonstration-like training became gruelling physical combat, and harsh - borderline sadistic - treatment. Grant held love for his son, but prioritised the goal of "perfecting" his heir. His admiration for Slade was such that he would rather his son hate him and be strong, than love him and be weak. Ryan did not have the luxury of secondary school, instead his lessons were surviving in arctic-wastes, enduring daunting mountains, and being beaten daily with all manner of weapon until he could no longer walk. To the average person this may seem cruel, and whilst Ryan despised Grant for it - he also revelled in the overcoming of insurmountable challenges, and the rapid advancement of his skills and abilities. Eventually, when Ryan was eighteen years of age - the lessons ended - Grant had no more to teach, and even with a physical advantage it soon became clear the older male was strained to keep up with his younger son. 

Having reached his goal of crafting an heir worthy of continuing the Wilson name, Grant left Ryan with a final parting gift - the legendary equipment of Slade Wilson - Deathstroke - the idle both Ryan and Grant had shared; how Grant came to inherit or obtain Slade's gear is unknown to Ryan, but he didn't question it - didn't care too - instead he accepted... no, embraced his new role in Gotham with open arms.

At first, his progress was slow - but utilising his physiology and intense training under Grant, Ryan was able to quickly make an impression on the city through a series of devious, yet well-crafted crimes; each one leaving an adrenaline rush that Ryan craved ever-so-more, he didn't care for the money nor the villainy. All that mattered was the thrill; his reign of villainy was hardly challenged, with the heroes reeling from a massive defeat at the hands of Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Assassins - an event soon known as Alcatraz - for it's significance in shaping the future, due to a policy of trying to keep a low profile, Ryan actively avoided the League and it's associates, and wasn't involved in the Alcatraz incident himself; with the local authorities and JLU tied down by escaped convicts and the League of Assassins; for two years Ryan has been on a run of terror through Gotham with relatively free-reign. Thus far he has refrained from crimes of open publicity and violence, yet has been an enormous thorn in the side of Gotham due to his lack of visibility on the radar - however with the JLU under new leadership, and a renewed purpose; Gotham is for all intents and purposes, tightly locked-down; Whilst that would surely be a challenge worthy of Deathstroke, Ryan is more keen on remaining Off-the-Grid, and so has turned his attention away from Gotham - namely to the luxuriously corrupt Star City.

"I lived such a happy life, as you can tell."

AbilitiesPowers-Slightly Enhanced Strength -Slightly Enhanced Speed-Slightly Enhanced Reflexes-Slightly Enhanced Intelligence-Minor Healing Factor "All results of my awesome genes. Courtesy of father dearest - who cares if it's not as much? It's better than you."Skills+Brilliant Hand to Hand Combatant: Ever seen someone take out a cop patrol with both hands tied behind his back?+Great Swordsmanship: The League of Assassins? Pfft+Weapons Expert: Swords? Mastered... Guns? Mastered... Crowbars? Those too.+Marksman: Deadshot? Ha, Badshot, more like."See, I'm in my prime, and have two eyes. If you thought my grandfather was bad... You're dead already."

Weaknesses

Arrogant: Ryan often underestimates his opponents because he believes he is better than them.... Because he is better than them. Still, it's a weakness!

Human: Bullets? They hurt. Blades? Those too. Blunt objects? Ouch. Mountain-breaking super-punches and magical fireballs? They REALLY hurt.

Moral Compass: Ryan is a villain. But he does have remorse, lacking the killer instinct Slade and Grant possessed can leave him indecisive or, God forbid, merciful.

Foolhardy: Where Slade was smart and calculating, Ryan is bold and brash, he will often take the direct approach even after thinking up better, often smarter, approaches. A trait inherited directly from Grant, who lacked the smarts of Slade.

"Weaknesses? I have no weaknesses."

Weapons (Simplified)

-His Suit (Armoured fists hurt)

-Abundance of Gadgets; Mainly related to quick getaways and movement

-Duel Swords

-Multiple Firearms; Duel Handguns, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle

"I have enough firepower to blow your life up eight times over."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread