• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Rwby: Wendigo Hunters

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
(Now that I have time to run this, and have finished things such as character sheets)

1606446397390.png

The town of Jubilee, in the north of Anima under Mistra, was an outskirts town like many other. It had its own unlicensed hunters, and if one was to grow up there, one was expected to be tough. Even the shopkeepers were known to have a list of killed Grimm, and Grimm masks adorned every public building around. The Grimm weren't feared, and ironically because they weren't feared, they would rarely come or be attracted to the village.

The town was founded on a floating gravity dust island in the far north, making it both cold and hard to get to. But such was life. And life was good. Until about 5 years ago.

Wendigo was its name. And it was a Grimm like no one in the town had ever fought before. Large as several buildings put together, it was a fearsome sight. It's black skin was stretched over white bone so tightly the bones protruded through in several places. Its awful wail could wake the dead.

It took everything the village had to kill it. Several homes were smashed, and the glutton ate about 20 villagers before a hole to the chest killed it, causing it to collapse. Yet something was odd. It wasn't disappearing. Coughing up bones, it stood again. And rampaged.

This occurred twice more before the villagers fled. Few made it out alive. Those that did were indeed bitter about it, and swore and oath of blood to hunt down the Wendigo that had ruined their homes. They formed a tight knit hunter group, the Wendigo Hunters. Some called them mercenaries, and they were happy to get paid for their services, but they had something more on their mind.

Every Spring they would emerge out of the frozen floating isles, and join the communities of Anima. Laugh, drink, kill Grimm. They'd even challenge a local smaller academy to a few games, show they what real huntsmen are like. They were constantly picking up new huntsman from the seniors who wanted to be like them. But they had one condition. No 'ace students'. "We're all on a death march... we'll take the worst you got."

To a failing student, it was often a last chance. Whoever joined the Wendigo Hunters WOULD become a huntsman, but the hunt was tough, and many wouldn't make it... but for the chance to live their dreams, many took it.

Then winter began, every year, the Wendigo Hunters, would walk into the first blizzard of winter, and start their hunt again.

Sometimes they fought the Wendigo. Sometimes they failed. But it refuses to go down. And likewise, the Wendigo hunters refuse to stop hunting it....

Winter is coming.

------------------------------
1606449077054.png
Character Sheet:
Code:
[h]Name (Side note, if you can touch a color in anyway, would be nice.)[/h]
[CENTER]
(Character Img)
[blockquote=charactername]Put something your character would say here[/blockquote][/CENTER]

[tabs]
[tab=Personal Information]

Team:  (Fill out later)

Quirks: (Weird/Noticeable things about your character. Just small list of 3-5 things)

Personality: (At least two paragraphs)

History: (At least three paragraphs)

Theme: (Optional, but fun)

[/tab]
[tab=Stats]

[h]Stats[/h]
[spoiler=stats]
[table]
[tr]
   [th]CQC[/th]
   [th]Weapon Mastery[/th]
   [th]Dust [/th]
   [th]Semblence[/th]
   [th]Aura Regeneration[/th]
[th]Total[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
   [th]Attributes[/th]
   [td]-[/td]
   [td]-[/td]
   [td]-[/td]
   [td]-[/td]
   [td]-[/td]
   [td]25[/td]
[/tr]

------------Delete this:
Ranking (per skill category)
1-9 Academy student, most untaught people with powers
10-19 - Huntsman level
30-39 - Elite Huntsman level (Ace Ops level)
40+ - Legendary level (people around the world know about you. Qrow/Tyrian/etc)

Points: (Every 10 points, its costs an extra point to increase a skill. Costs 1 pt to go from 9->10, but costs 2 pts to go 10->11.)

[/table]
[/spoiler]

[/tab]
[tab=Combat Information]
[accordion=bleft|75%]
{slide=CQC |center}
[I]Closer Quarter Combat. How well does your character do in melee range with an opponent? Some huntsmen prefer to get up and personal with the Grimm they fight, using nothing but their fists, or simple weapons. Such tactics require years of training.[/I]
[B]Combat Style:[/B] (How do you fight upclose? Fists? Heavy weapon attacks? Using the environment?)

[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Weaponry|center}
[I]Creating weapons in and of itself is an art. While some huntsmen are only able to carry around a simple melee weapon, other's prefer to design their own weapon, enhancing it's power, and relying on it's power to defeat Grimm. [/I]

[B]Name:

Overview:[/B]
[accordion=bleft|75%]
{slide=Form1|center}
[B]Weapon Description:[/B]
{/slide}
{slide=Form2|center}
[B]Weapon Description:[/B]
{/slide}
[/accordion]
{/slide}

{slide=Dust|center}
[I]Raw, primal power. Dust is said to have been the turning point against the fight with the Grimm, and today powers much of the world with it's power. However, Dust is dangerous, and untrained use with it can lead to... catastrophic results.[/I]

[B]Favored Dust: [/B] {Fire/Lightning/Ice/Earth/Gravity}
[B]Usage:[/B] (How do you incorporate dust into your fighting style? Special bullet casings? Stabbing yourself with it? Loading a weapon? Licking it?)

{/slide}
{slide=Semblance|center}

[I]A personal manifestation of the soul, each person has one unique to them. Each semblance can only be active while Aura is available.  Some huntsmen rely heavily on their semblance to battle the Grimm, as a unique advantage to them. Others find their semblance less useful in combat, and more useful out of combat.[/I]
[B]Name: [/B]  (Name of the Semblance)
[B]Description: [/B]  (Overall description of the emblance)
[B](Technique 1): [/B] (Description of any special techniques.)

{/slide}
{slide=Aura Regeneration|center}
[I]A protective aura that huntsmen have found uses for both defensively and offensively. During any given fight, a huntsman is likely to take damage,  and use their Aura to block incoming strikes. The art of refilling it can make the difference between a glancing blow, and a fatal one.[/I]
{/slide}[/I]
[/accordion]
[/tab]
[/tabs]

Attachments

• 1606447028528.png
    1606447028528.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
And yes, I'm being the jerk by instead of accepting "The best academy students", I am literally accepting the worst. It's that or random untrained villagers as players.
Open to all questions!

I have no idea what I'll be running, or if I want to just be pure DM for the first bit. Do kind of want to run someone with just a plain western style rifle.

This is a bit of an adventure RP as well, so exploring's a huge thing.

Small notes. This is an AU, no canon characters. Also, not touching god of Light/Dark, or Maiden powers, etc.

Last edited:
Fists, grit and handgun is what I do.

bear man time.

We have an OOC! And a character dump:

Got 2 character sheets up so far, still accepting! Know a 3rd is on the way, and I can make my own coming up, so that'd be one full team.

Come one, come all!

Eyyo folks we damn well near got our first squad come one come all and get your heads in the door~!

or i'll chase yea in with a damn rake.

Eyyo folks we damn well near got our first squad come one come all and get your heads in the door~!

or i'll chase yea in with a damn rake.

... Does your gun have a rake mode? I'm now terrified. Make a dust trap with a rake on the ground.

Sweet. By the way, just making something clear cause I think I described it badly on the sheet:

CQC is how well you fight up close, it includes swinging your weapon for the most part. Its how good at plain fighting you are. Nora would have high CQC. She hits stuff. With her hammer. But it's her swinging it up close that's the factor. She could use a watermelon and be just as effective.

Weaponry is how good your weapon is on it's own. Generally, its how good the bullets are, how complicated/weird the forms are, add ons to the weapon, etc. Penny would have high weaponry stat, but low CQC, she uses her weapon to do everything.

Just trying to make clear.

Last edited:
Come one come all we got the first team semi made lets see if we can do more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back