Anime & Manga RWBY Topic: Jaune Arc-Best or Worst Character? (Spoilers Ahead)

Sugary_Paragraphs

Dope with a Sugar Problem
A few years ago, when I had gotten into RWBY, I found it to be the best thing in the freaking world. Not only did it have weapons that could transform into guns at any given moments and that animation that, although 3d, still had that cutesy feel to it once ya got use to it, but it also had visually appealing and funny characters with interesting abilities, personality, and development through the series. But the one character I loved out of everyone was Jaune Arc.

I'll admit, he seemed like your typical 'Make everyone else look good' character. But as the series grew on, I couldn't help but get into his character more and more, ya know? Even for a guy that's part of a famous war family and had, like, seven sisters, he still was the most relateable character in that show. I have more reasons, but instead of going into a five minute rant about it, I wanna ask ya'll:

Do you like Jaune Arc? Do you hate him? Or are you just neutral about it? If so on one of these three, why? And what do you think they need to do to make him more interesting to you?

I have a mild fetish (not like that you fucking pervert) for young dudes who're just boring average dudes who aren't totally perfect but still do the right thing and use really simple movesets and combat styles that're later modified to be a bit more 'speshul' but still simple. I haven't watched since like season 2 at most but I like what I'm hearing about him.

Also, sword sword. Compare and contrast.
tumblr_okxc8tBvxd1syu71fo1_500.gif

tumblr_nz3edkIGH41tkhcnpo1_r1_540.gif

Jaune Arc is bloodborne protaganist ocnfirme

I have a mild fetish (not like that you fucking pervert) for young dudes who're just boring average dudes who aren't totally perfect but still do the right thing and use really simple movesets and combat styles that're later modified to be a bit more 'speshul' but still simple. I haven't watched since like season 2 at most but I like what I'm hearing about him.

Also, sword sword. Compare and contrast.
tumblr_okxc8tBvxd1syu71fo1_500.gif

tumblr_nz3edkIGH41tkhcnpo1_r1_540.gif

Jaune Arc is bloodborne protaganist ocnfirme
XD Yeah. I think at this point, most people but Jaune and some others would be confused at the concept of a sword being 'Just a sword'.

A few years ago, when I had gotten into RWBY, I found it to be the best thing in the freaking world. Not only did it have weapons that could transform into guns at any given moments and that animation that, although 3d, still had that cutesy feel to it once ya got use to it, but it also had visually appealing and funny characters with interesting abilities, personality, and development through the series. But the one character I loved out of everyone was Jaune Arc.

I'll admit, he seemed like your typical 'Make everyone else look good' character. But as the series grew on, I couldn't help but get into his character more and more, ya know? Even for a guy that's part of a famous war family and had, like, seven sisters, he still was the most relateable character in that show. I have more reasons, but instead of going into a five minute rant about it, I wanna ask ya'll:

Do you like Jaune Arc? Do you hate him? Or are you just neutral about it? If so on one of these three, why? And what do you think they need to do to make him more interesting to you?

Personally I like Jaune, heck he even labels his shoes Left and Right. At first I though he was just a character to boost Ruby's status by being shipped with him in Volume 1 but as it went on I realized he's his own character with his own ambitions. Through Volume 2 I noticed we didn't get a lot of Jaune time as more of the season focusing on team RWBY. Now Volume 3 however was just like -WHOOSH IM GONNA BE A MAN FOR THE FESTIVAL BUT NOT TOO MAN CAUSE IM A CINNAMIN ROLL- . Volume 4 was also like - LOOKS LIKE A CINNAMON ROLL BUT COULD ACTUALLY KILL YOU- kind of whoosh. He pulls through in the end and takes into the fact that even though his canon pairing partner (shot through the heaaarrt) Pyrrha isn't with us he can still be strong.

All in all I'd give Jaune's character a least an icing covered cinnamon roll.

246.png

Jaune Arc; rolls off the tongue.

30a520b18477c7ab6bf3e62dee4a84e99e41d06e_hq.jpg

Jeune was the only one that was taken to academy because of his potential was there and no other reason (each other character had potential ofcourse but they were already had experience to some degree as well). In a way he was the character that got into an academy for level 10 PC's while he was being a level 1 NPC and on the long route he was the one that grow most. I think after main four Jeune is my favorite character along with Sun Wukong (son goku :P) Pyra and Penny were interesting characters but they were not at the level of blondes .P

Jeune was the only one that was taken to academy because of his potential was there and no other reason (each other character had potential ofcourse but they were already had experience to some degree as well). In a way he was the character that got into an academy for level 10 PC's while he was being a level 1 NPC and on the long route he was the one that grow most. I think after main four Jeune is my favorite character along with Sun Wukong (son goku :P) Pyra and Penny were interesting characters but they were not at the level of blondes .P

hqdefault.jpg

It's not Jaune that I dislike, I more dislike how Ruby was shoved aside in Season 4 and Jaune kinda filled her role of the main character. I don't even remember if the show addressed the nightmares Ruby had about Pyrrha's death, and I know for sure they didn't address how her death affected Nora or Lie Ren beyond "Oh they were Pyrrha's teammates so they're probably sad about it." All things about Pyrrha's death were focused solely on Jaune and that really irks me since he wasn't the only one that was close to Pyrrha.

Honestly, I have a lot of issues with Season 4, which is why I consider it to be the weakest volume of RWBY so far.

It's not Jaune that I dislike, I more dislike how Ruby was shoved aside in Season 4 and Jaune kinda filled her role of the main character. I don't even remember if the show addressed the nightmares Ruby had about Pyrrha's death, and I know for sure they didn't address how her death affected Nora or Lie Ren beyond "Oh they were Pyrrha's teammates so they're probably sad about it." All things about Pyrrha's death were focused solely on Jaune and that really irks me since he wasn't the only one that was close to Pyrrha.

Honestly, I have a lot of issues with Season 4, which is why I consider it to be the weakest volume of RWBY so far.

P-Money
aa0b5c2b-d1df-4512-a887-232b9a1be471_zps2yn52uyu.jpg

It's not Jaune that I dislike, I more dislike how Ruby was shoved aside in Season 4 and Jaune kinda filled her role of the main character. I don't even remember if the showed addressed the nightmares Ruby had about Pyrrha's death, and I know for sure they didn't address how her death affected Nora or Lie Ren beyond "Oh they were Pyrrha's teammates so they're probably sad about it." All things about Pyrrha's death were focused solely on Jaune and that really irks me since he wasn't the only one that was close to Pyrrha.

>3> I'd say how I think Volume 4 was actually good, but seeing as how I basically have the preference of a yes man, I don't think it'd mean much coming from me. I also think the reason why they shoved Ruby out of the way a bit was to focus on introducing more characters and locations to the expanding plot, as well as showing just how big the results of the attack on Vale and the closing of the communication towers were.

And besides, she can't be super awesome again until she at least gets one member of her team back XD What's the point of being a special snow-flake alone when you have a team literally named after you?

I have to say that Juane Arc may not be my favorite character from RWBY but he is one of the character's that I do deeply respect. I like him because of how very charming he is and how he reacts to all different types of situations.

thoughtless thoughtless

As far as we know the dreams Ruby was having about Pyrrha were affected by Jaune watching tapes of Pyrrha while he trained himself after he thought everyone was sleeping.
I do agree that V4 was the weakest of the volumes, but it was more-so that it wasn't paced similar to the rest of the volumes... The whole pacing was actually really weird. For example, this is what we accomplished this volume:
Yang put on an Arm
Ruby took a whole volume to get to Mistral (over a month or so, presumably) while Yang rode there in one episode
Blake took a boat to her home and sulked with Sun for a while
Weiss spent almost the whole volume in her manor trying to escape

...That's about it. We got rid of some backstory and fights... characters developed... but we could have done this while getting actual work done, too.
So I do agree with V4 being the weakest.

Anyway...
Sugary_Paragraphs Sugary_Paragraphs

I like Jaune. He's not exactly amazing and he's not one of my favorites, but I have an appreciation for him. He's understandable, dorky and clumsy, and not extremely versatile, but he tries to move past all that.
Him basically becoming a tactician for Team RNJR proves that he's smarter than he lets on, and he has proven time and time again he's more than capable of handling situations of the need arises.
I may just be wrong though 'cause I don't pay too much attention to him coz almost the whole cast is great anyway (I hate Adam though, only hateable and irredeemable character imo).

I adore Jaune and was happy with him getting the spotlight in volume 4 since I find Ruby absolutely insufferable and could care less about her development.
I thought the scenes showing him grieving over Pyrrha were well done and I loved seeing him grow as a team leader, really looking forward to where they take him next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back