• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages IC

Zai smiled, "Quite. That is why our desserts are to-go. Plus, we'll have chocolate!"

The waitress returned then with the desserts and Zai's card. He signed a slip of paper, leaving a generous tip for her.

"Thank you very much, Mr. Binx!" She absolutely lit up. "You folks have a wonderful night."

After excusing herself, Zai stood from the table as the waitress left. "Well then, shall we?" He asked, and made his way out the door, team in tow.

Using his semblance, Zai pulled his car around for them, and as a courtesy he opened the doors. "Pile in, our drive will be a bit longer than our cruise here."

After everyone was settled in, Zai pulled off. "Now, my dear leader, where are we going?"

“Thanks for the food Zai. Ihad a lot of fun, hopefully we can do this again after a mission.” As Lancelot was saying this he climbed into the car. After settling in he starts playing on his scroll trying to beat Zai again.

“A shower sounds great. Maybe after we’re all done we can go exploring around the school to familiarize ourselves with it so we know where to go.”

Carmine had two places he wanted to go. One was a lumber yard type place where you could have custom order jobs done, and the other was a furniture store. Once at the lumber yard Carmine had a conversation with one of the staff there. The conversation had been relatively short as he had already had the wood he would need for the project he had in mind pre-treated and knew exactly what he wanted to do with it. Now that he had seen where he would be living at Beacon Academy he had the measurements he needed and left them with the lumber yard employees with directions for delivery and assistance with installation.

The Furniture store came next, and this visit was unusually short as Carmine had been checking the store catalog since he and his team had left the restaurant. In fact, Carmine had realized how shamefully he had acted upon reaching the restaurant as they were leaving, and communicating only to point the way to his intended destinations while burying himself in the online catalog of the furniture store allowed him to better manage his embarrassed feelings by focusing his attention elsewhere while waiting for them to pass.

Carmine left an order for a couch, two arm chairs, a circular coffee table, two end tables, and asked that they all be delivered to his room at Beacon Academy the same as he had done with his lumber order. After finishing he returned to his teammates and gave a single nod. "That's everything. My orders should be getting delivered shortly after which I'll be overseeing the placement of things for our living quarters. Beacon Academy may provide the essentials, it lacks both style and a feeling of comfort, both of which are important."

Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Once these errands of Carmine's were finished, away they went back to the school, though taking the long way. Zai showed off a few of his car's abilities while the game they were all playing was passed around.

Once they were safely back, they found their dorm to be as drab as they feared.

But at least the beds provided were comfy, as Zai found out when he flopped down on one.

No sooner had Zai flopped onto a bed than the deliveries Carmine asked for arrived all at once. He motioned for Zai to move as those contracted to help with assembling the pieces Carmine had ordered began work on one of the empty beds as they fit the completed wooden frame into place and put a thin layer of wood covering onto the exterior of the bed frames with a strong, fast-acting adhesive that would finish setting within minutes.

Last edited:
Myst sat in the car and slowly got better at the game when she wasn't playing she was looking out the window letting the wind blow in her hair when she gets to the room she stands there "Can I help do anything?" She looks to Carmine.

After getting to the room Lancelot notices a few packages that Carmine ordered had arrived, “Carmine will you need additional help?” After saying that he walks over to a bed and flops onto the top of it while waiting for an answer.

Zai moved, observing for a moment before grasping a box and used his claws to cut into it delicately. Swiftly and and with deft hands Zai began to work, assembling what appeared to be an end table section for a wrap-around corner desk. He found the instructions as he worked, and after a moment looking at them he tossed them over his shoulder.

After finishing the table with no help from the instructions, he moved on to another box and found another desk section. Zai promptly began working again, this time more concerned with the wiring that needed to be done through out it.

Zai's brow furrowed as he searched for the wiring that needed placed. "Did this not come with the electronic wiring required?"

Carmine had figured the others would want to continue looking around the school and leave handling things in the room for later, so when Myst and Lance both offered to help and Zai got up from the bed to put a desk together he couldn't help but give an appreciative smile. He gave a silent nod in response to the offers of help and pointed out which areas to start in. When Zai asked about the wiring for the desks he chuckled and shook his head in wonder. "I'm afraid I'm a bit more old-fashion than that...most of the time. The wiring should be in a separate smaller box towards the bottom of the one you got the desk pieces from."

Between the four of them and the people that had been tasked with delivering and assembling the different pieces needed for the remodeling and repositioning of things in the room the task was finished in a surprisingly short amount of time. The delivery men left and Carmine sat down with a contented sigh in the couch near one of the beds. Instead of having for parallel beds with the headboards facing the door there were now two bunk beds with four poster hangings affixed to the sides to both provide privacy and block out the light, and the beds were now against the back wall with the headboards facing each other. In addition to the four poster hangings for both the top and bottom beds the bed frame now had a warmly colored wood paneling exterior instead of the harsh white color from before.

The beds weren't the only thing that were different about the dorm room now. An assortment of furniture had been added to the room, and while the amount of visible floor space was diminished one couldn't say the room felt uncomfortable. The top of the wall was lined with cabinets which sat atop shelves that were mounted to the wall and encircled the room save for an empty space where the door and window were each positioned. On the left side of the room was a couch with its back to the side wall with two arm chairs facing it from across an oval coffee table, amd would serve as a perfect place for study, light snacking, relaxation, or team meetings. The right side was lined had a wall lined with desk space that would serve as a decent place for the kind of work Zai would get up to when left to his own devices, and under which everyone's baggage was currently stowed. The space between the two bunk bed frames were occupied by a single short nightstand with the top of it resting at the same height as the bottom of the window frame. Carmine smiled broadly as he took in the room now that all of the work had been finished and said, "Much better. Now this place actually feels like it could be a home."

Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream Gamefreak5590 Gamefreak5590

Myst looks around smiling happy tears were forming at her eyes before she wiped them away she looked towards her teammates "Which beds does everyone want?"

Zai jumped backwards, pivoting his body to flop across one of the upper beds. "This will do nicely for me." He said, and closed his eyes. "Alarm goes off at eight in the morning. Might we go to bed to be up on time?"

Carmine was quieter about claiming his own bunk bed. He simply took his bag and tossed it on the remaining upper bunk before grabbing a pair of pajamas and heading off to shower before returning to remove his bag and go to bed.

Last edited:
Morning came with little fanfare, unless you counted the alarm on Zai's scroll. Loud and obnoxious, it stirred Zai from slumber. He sat up, groaning. "I do not want to go to class this early."

Zai hopped from his bed, grabbing his uniform and a towel to take a shower. "Hey, guys, its time to wake up..."

Myst was already in the bathroom looking at herself in the mirror she was already dressed in the school uniform as she grabbed her grey hair and started to fix it into the usual pigtails she smiled at Zai in the mirror "Good morning sleeping beauty" she giggled as she poked some fun at Zai "I couldn't really sleep I was so excited so I decided to wake up early and get a super duper head start on everything"

"Don't remind me." Zai commented. "Classes aren't the issue, it's this damn tie we have to wear." Zai held up the red cloth tie, eyeing it with extreme distaste. "Stupid things are always choking me. Dad is always making me wear these dumb things at company socials." Shrugging, Zai proceeded to the showers. He quickly showered, dressed, and made his way back to the room. "Classes start in an hour, anyone else showering beforehand?"

Carmine had awoken early as well, although he had chosen for a quieter and stealthier routine than his cohorts. He awoke at 5 to grab his weapons along with a change of clothes before quietly exiting the room via the window and silently closing it behind him before descending to the ground to vanish in the pre-dawn morning stillness. With the aid of his semblance it didn't take him long to reach the emerald forest where, after setting his change of clothing aside, he got some early morning training in. He was careful not to tax himself too heavily so early in the day, and so mainly kept his targets to Beowolves with an Ursa or two to make for a sort of final boss before using his semblance to vanish as quickly as he had come.

Carmine grabbed his change of clothing on his way back to the school and stole through the halls with the same noiseless movements gained from years of training both at academies and with his estranged father. Upon reaching the locker room he immediately stowed his weapon in his locker before heading to the showers to get himself cleaned up. Upon finishing he retired to his team's dorm room and busied himself with some needle work while his hair finished drying, pausing every now and then to run his comb through his hair as it dried to ensure neat and tidy appearance. He had just put his hat and began rummaging through one of his bags when Zai's alarm went off. Carmine squinted in annoyance but said nothing about the alarm as Zai and Myst began having their morning conversation.

Carmine chuckled inwardly at Zai's distaste for ties and lack of willingness to wear one under normal circumstances. While Zai was showering Carmine took out a tea pot from one of his bags along with some tea bags and sweetener before getting some water from somewhere. By the time Zai had returned there was a pot of hot tea and Carmine sipping some tea from a cup he had pulled out. When Zai asked if anyone else was showering Carmine gave him a quizzical look before gesturing to the tea, as if silently asking if Zai or anyone else wanted a cup while it was still hot. Carmine was already in his school uniform and ready to go, and he had his bowler hat and gloves on as well.

Myst shakes her head no to bother the shower and tea "I already took one so I'm good and why don't you just have the tie not so tight silly~"

"And I'll not look sloppy. Professional hazard, as it were. Sloppy gets no customers coming back. And sloppy gets you and others killed." Zai let out an exasperated sigh. "I sound like my own dad..." he groaned as he did up his tie. "I don't want to grow up yet," he whined jokingly.

Lance smirked. "Really? We've been through enough to be adults, by my reckoning."

"Lance? Shut up. You're not helping. We're still kids -students, even- and you know it." Zai said with a smile.

Last edited:
Seeing that no one expressed any interest in having some tea Carmine chose to pull out a Thermos and pour the rest of the tea into it. After sealing the Thermos he took a moment to finish his cup of tea and place the empty cup and saucer on the table before getting up from the couch to head for the door. "If everyone's ready to go, shall we see to breakfast before today's classes start?" Carmine opened the door and headed out leaving it up to the others whether they would follow or not. For Carmine's part he would head to the dining hall to enjoy the school's breakfast offerings, which included an array of food ranging from pancakes, french toast, and waffles, to a number of egg dishes with sides of sausage or bacon, to several different kinds of fresh fruits. Carmine chose to indulge in what looked like a scrambled omelette along with some bacon and buttered toast in addition to a small amount of several different fruits cut to bite size pieces.

Inufandom Inufandom CorgiDream CorgiDream

Myst followed along skipping and smiling smelling the good and almost drooling everything smelled so good so I get it tasted amazing she grabbed a plate and studied everything "Oh my this is going to be a hard decision everything looks so good"

Zai had followed, his nose sniffing out a good many different meats. Identification was easy, the spices gave their origins away. A good many exotic fruits were in abundance.

"Oh my... I can smell so many things. Why are there so many foods from the world over?"

"Less talking and more eating. Our first class is in half an hour and I want us all to be present and on time." Carmine was already taking a seat nearby and eating his breakfast.

Zai shrugged. "I suppose he does have a point."

Placing his oen tray down, Zai began popping some cherries he knew came from Menagerie once he bit into one. The cherries grown on Menagerie were quite the treat, they being something of an infamously dangerous crop as Ursa tended to be drawn to cherries in general, and on Menagerie the cherries were especially tasty, with the oddity of a soft pit in the center.

Still, the taste was amazing. Zai found himself wishing he'd grabbed more as he found them to be quickly disappearing. "These cherries are seriously good. I never would have expected a fruit from Menagerie!" He exclaimed. He popped another into his mouth, and smiled. "Its hard to believe Beacon gets these regularly."

Myst quickly put a bunch of different stuff on her plate not really paying attention to what any of it was she quickly stuffed her mouth to not wanting to be late for her first class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back