• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY Saga: Vacuo [Arc 2 IC]

Interacting: Akashi and Kailyn
Mentioned: Ivy
Tags: Brinni Brinni The Prophet The Prophet Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Bora Shu MunNot even a few minutes in the vehicle and Bora was regretting coming with her team. She had to deal with a lot of bitchy people and having to stick closely to Kaitlyn will end up getting on Bora's nerve. That's saying a lot since she's all about being optimistic and at most times, zen. Clearly annoyed she looked out the window from her seat in the vehicle. To some miracle, the ride was much quicker than she imagined.

Bora looked over to the house that they had made it to and liked it. It felt so homey and welcoming, which definitely did not reflect on the attitude from Kaitlyn as she had to make another bitchy remark. "Sad you have to threat others to try to get a girl..." Bora commented under her breath as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. Being raised at the club, she learned to flirt but it was rare for her to actually go hunting for someone to flirt with.

Her attention was quickly turned to Akashi as he made his comment about being the Candy King Swordsman, only making Bora giggle at the excitement. Bora seemed to straighten up at the arrival of another person, as they welcomed us to their home. Taking the small pack and slinging over her shoulder she smiled over to Akashi, "I only got this small thing. As for being in the desert, I have to say it's my first time ever being out of Vale, but I think Black is not going to work on my favor." She motioned to her huntress outfit that was mainly a dark purple that seemed to almost look back in the dark.

Akashi Taurus

Nearby: Vacuo Team

@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Now that that the professor's wife had been gone for a little bit and he had calmed down a bit, he felt something returning to him. It felt weird, like a big part of his power was taken away while she was there, and now that she was gone is rushing back into him. Akashi silently reminded himself not to get on her bad side, because he just might have trouble winning.

"Tell me about it, I'm used to greenery and cities, not all this dumb sand." Akashi said, making a point to kick away some sand. Looking back up, Akashi laughed when he scanned over Bora's clothing, dark purple and is gonna suck ass tomorrow in that heat. "You can say that again. I'll freeze to death out here at night, being a snake and all. But you're gonna be hot as hell daytime." He remarked, then nodding towards Kaitlyn, who had gone past her parents to enter her home, maybe heading toward her room or to whoever this "Ivy" was. "Though i feel like the temperature won't be our biggest problem on this mission. Way too bitchy. I get suddenly having to help us, but way too much.". Akashi had two bags, one for his actual gear and another for his candy. But with these conditions, he was scared he wasn't gonna have enough for this mission, which was at least two days it took getting to the black caves where these plants were found. Akashi shivered at the thought.

Zenith
Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint @TheSuspiciousEye Brinni Brinni The Prophet The Prophet

Idle chit chat and a new change of scenery to look at gave most something to do during the ride to the mansion. Some stuffed their face into scrolls or cushions, but most were busy by the talkative Akashi, Bora, Forrest, and Cherry who kept the dialogue alive. Zenith would have loved to be the first one asleep to avoid the snake's random questions, but after a few times of Akashi waking him up for another off-the-wall inquiry; Zenith decided he'd be best to stay up now and sleep later. A few rounds of eye spy, twenty questions, Akashi telling a few funny stories, and a very short lived attempt at karaoke was luckily enough time to reach the mansion. Zenith followed the snake out, stretching out as he called for him.

"Candy-King-Swordsman." He paused between each word as his spine cracked against the arched back. "Killed by Cavities, the catch phrases write themselves." Zenith rolled his eyes, but couldn't help the grin and small chuckle that Akashi was getting used to drawing out of him. They all followed Akashi's eyes as the front doors of the house opened, Mrs. Carmine introducing herself and the home. Zenith gave a nod to the Professor and his wife as they welcomed them into their home, careful to learn where he'd sleep and how long til he ate.

Zenith tightened the straps on his pack, his few worldly possessions and a bit of scraps rations for the worse comes worse. After making sure he had his sword and stuff, as well as a small eye to make sure his teammates didn't leave anything. However just a few moments outside the air conditioned comfort made Zenith remove his usual jacket, tying the sleeves around his waist. Zenith opened his mouth to comment on their guide for tomorrow, but bit his tongue. While he agreed she'd been a bit cruel, Zenith most likely would have done the same in her situation. Instead he shrugged it off and opted to head inside.

--------------------------------------

Slate
Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint @TheSuspiciousEye Brinni Brinni The Prophet The Prophet

While many things to entertain Slate on the ride over, his most pressing was telling the group of students that their mission to save the world had another obstacle in its path. How Mercury planned to do it was a guessing game, but Slate had played it enough to have a few top guesses. Given that he had to have some tail on the group or someone inside the refugee camp meant they probably knew where they were headed, but not why. Given that and the nature of their closed off mission, as long as the group didn't head to any big cities they likely wouldn't be found out. Knowing that and the other chaos happening in the world, Slate felt relatively safe as their vehicle headed off into the desert. As more and more civilization faded in their rear window, Slate felt comfortable enough to rest in his seat. After a few minutes he was sound asleep, his head every so often slumping onto Zenith's shoulder. He was quick to put it back.

An hour into the drive was when Slate woke with an odd sensation, almost like he'd gotten sand in his eyes. Slate did his best to get the irritation out, however with each minute on the road the feeling got worse. Acute eyes in the vehicle would notice as both of his eyes had drained of their usual color, the usual color fading to leave his eyes a dull grey. As the car made its way to the mansion Slate did his best to pay attention, but found the sensation in his eyes was more than a mild irritation. It wasn't until everyone had exited the vehicle and Slate was able to make his way outside that it made sense. Looking up to the door of a mansion with indiscriminate features was what he assumed Professor Carmine and his wife, however the fuzzy figure was difficult to make out.

"Is anyone else feeling that?" Slate finally attempted to look through the walls of the mansion, the almost milky white eyes swirling to no avail. "I can't use my semblance." Slate couldn't see if anyone was trying theirs, but his many attempts gave him no results. The feeling was unnatural and unnerving, every detail he couldn't see another oddity for his mind to fill in. His eyes turned to the ground, trying to measure out the distance he could see. Fifteen feet was the farthest he had as a reference point, a cactus or green fence post at the distance becoming fuzzy when he looked in its direction.

Screen-shot-2014-08-25-at-7.17.34-PM.png
The Carmine MansionStepping into the mansion the first thing for everyone to see is the massive 2-story foyer that features marble floors. Neatly polished to mirror like pristine the eyes would follow up to the grand double staircase, and crystal chandelier. Above the chandelier was a stained glass dome, hand-painted ceiling and a wrap-around mezzanine with wrought iron balustrades. To the right was the large open space leading to the kitchen, sitting room, path to greenhouse and the stairs to the second and third floor guest rooms.To the Left was a small desk where a young woman was gently moving Kaitlyn's backpack from the counter and setting it in the back where another man took it and went up the servant's stairs to place it in her room. Meanwhile another woman beside her ad a series of backpacks in front of her on the counter and looked up at the group as they came in. Giving them a momentary stare, she called out their clothing sizes to the staff in the back.

Professor Carmine waved to the staff who greeted him as he entered and looked down at his scroll as the soft ring of a message called to him. Pulling out the scroll he gave a worried sigh and turned back to the students. "Please make yourselves at home, I'd show you the tour but there's something I must attend to. If there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask our staff or my wife. They're very friendly and happy to answer any question you have." With a smile and a nod he walked off down the left hallway as he dialed his phone and pressed it to his ear to place the call. "Are you certain about this? So soon? Yes I understand, well you won't need to skip dinner for the..." His voice grew fainter as he walked through the massive house until it was incomprehensible.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-1.25.53-AM.png
Meanwhile behind the staircases was the living room and large patio and path to the secluded hot springs. Wandering in the living room Kaitlyn called out "IIIIvvvvyyyyy!" Her voice grew fainter as she moved further left towards the game room, bars and pool areas. "Ivy where are you? Are you hiding?" Making her way into the game room and near the theater she walked further off. As she did there was soft giggling coming from the living room.

To the right in the kitchen Mrs. Carmine was with seven other servants and three men in high quality suits sitting on the island watching them work and laughing to themselves with a drink in their hand. Upon further inspection, it appeared that the group of men were a CEO of a press company, a congressman and a generneral for the Vacuo military. Mrs. Carmine was chatting with the men as she was icing the cake for this evening.

Last edited:
Forest and Cherry

Nearby: Lots of people and places apparently
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Forest took in the sights as they rode in the Jeep. While the landscape didn't offer much, the students did. He was always looking to learn something new, which is why he felt like his Semblance was a perfect match and why he was glad not to have inherited either of his parent's. He couldn't fault the blonde girl for being annoyed, after all her vacation was just interrupted and she was being forced to help a group of total strangers. But he was just as interested in his traveling companions. He didn't know Bora particularly well, and there was something going on between Slate and Cherry. He noticed she often gave her team leader looks, as if trying to urge him on with. However, he chose not to persue it. Thinking that secrets come out in their own time and it wasn't his place to move it along. Despite his choices earlier and his threat towards the Janitor, Forest did not enjoy using his Semblance and tried to avoid doing so. He found it useless. It had it's uses to be sure, but not many as a Huntsman. Grimm were rarely intelligent enough to set a trap, so learning a location's memory didn't help. And in combat he wasn't likely to be able to ask questions to help him survive. He laid back, opting to sleep the rest of the way.

As they arrived he was one of the first to get out and stretched. Hearing his teammates he smiled. "Well, Candy King Swordsman is certainly better than some of the other names you've come up with. Now, let's get moving Your Highness before you start to melt." He made his way into the palatial building after the welcome speech, though he checked himself slightly at Slate's comment about not being able to use his Semblance. Well now...that's interesting. I wonder, is it the woman or something in the building? If it had been the professor or his daughter we would have known back in the Jeep. "Thank you for having us" he said to his host and hostess before they walked off. "I suppose we should go and lock down what rooms we're taking." He made his way towards the stairs, making his way up and picking a room.

Cherry was an avid converser on the way to the Carmine estate. Talking with pretty much everyone. When they arrived she opened her umbrella as she got out. "I knew an parasol was the right way to go." Hearing Slate mention that he couldn't use his Semblance she tried her own, the intent to make her bounce around. but it too failed. "Nope, can't use mine either. Strange."

Bringing her suitcase with her into the house she set it down inside the door. "WOW THIS PLACE IS HUGE" she said, fairly impressed. She began to walk towards teh kitchen, intent on helping out their hostess with dinner, but seeing that Ms Carmine was busy decided against it. Hearing the giggling she was going to call to Kaitlyn, suggesting that this Ivy person wasn't that way before she remembered the girl's attitude. Instead, Cherry made her way into the living room looking for the source of the giggling. Finding it she squatted down with her elbows on her knees and chin in her hands. "Well hello there, are you this Ivy I've heard so much about?"

Location: Secret Hiding spot #5 in the Carmine Mansion Living Room
Nearby: Cherry
@Tags: Brinni Brinni
Ivy CarmineThe small girl sat in the hidden between a small space between one of the chairs and a bookshelf, a bit hidden behind a potted plant. Shuffling her feet a bit she lost her footing and fell back against the wall. Hearing footsteps coming closer she couldn't hold back her excitement as she began to giggle happily. It's been so long since she's seen her sister and wanted to surprise her and show her, her new dolly. Lifting the small dol to her mouth she stifled her voice as her big sister came in looking for her. As she heard her sister's voice calling for her, Ivy wanted to peak out and scare her, but then she moved out of the room.

Giggling a bit louder as she decided to wait and see who'd find her, she was so excited. Rubbing her face against her dolly's soft yellow hair she giggled even more. Hearing new voices she was curious as who it could be, hearing voices come closer her smile widened as she noticed a pair of women legs come up towards her. Her ruby eyes sparkled as the woman crouched down and smiled at her.

"Well hello there, are you this Ivy I've heard so much about?"

Her voice was so soft and sweet that Ivy couldn't help but blossom with excitement. "Wes! Youb found me!" Steppin out of her hiding spot her foot caught on the side of the plant and she fell flat onto her face. Flinching a bit from the impact her head lifted up as she grinned at the woman. Inspecting her up and down her eyes sparkled, "Oh wow! Urb so pretty!!" Reaching up to touch the woman's hair she smiled at the colorful pink it was. "It's pink! Like cotton candy!"

Wobbly getting up she straightened out her dress and picked up her small doll. Beaming brightly she smiled, as her golden hair bounced like her mother's. "I'm Ivy! It's nice to meet youv. Are you a new guest of Mama's?"

Akashi Taurus

Ragna.the.Bloodedge.full.625930.jpg
Mentions: Forest, Zenith
@Tags:

Akashi strolled through the door, and looked around, about to make a joke when his scroll rang, forcing him to step away for a second to answer it. "What's going on, how's the lame kingdom? My bad, I was busy doing nothing. You need something? Consider my curiosity piqued. Yeah. 50 pounds? ooh, interesting!". Quickly sending a few texts, he got back k to his call. "pounds of illegal high grade ice dust, on the way. Just a lil' extra because I'm interested as to what you'll do with it. It'll be in your room in half an hour. You don't mind if he let's himself into your room right? Of course not. An app? Alright, but it better be fun." Came his replies, then hearing the ding of a notification he continued. "Okay, got it. I'll download it after the call. Alright. Now go fuck off and be edgy as usual. See ya." And he hung up. "Oooooooh Forest, Zenith! Orion is gonna do something fun, and I enabled him! I even made it more grand!" He cheered, shuddering in excitement as to what on earth he could be doing with so much dust.

Deciding to just take a room after everyone else had, Akashi giddily explored the confines of the manor. He made random comments here and there, accidentally stumbling into the kitchen humming a cheery tune. "Oh, greetings Miss Carmine! What'cha working on? Oooh, cake! Mind if I help? Don't worry, I'm crazy good when it comes to cake." He greeted, glancing at the three men at the island. Funny, my dad went on and on about wanting those exact people dead. They don't look too bad though. Besides, this cake is a much more pressing matter.

Dining Room #1
Screen-shot-2014-08-25-at-7.18.06-PM.png

Main Kitchen
82129aca9548bccbbecbdb517bd2d13d.jpg

Breakfast Room
Screen-shot-2014-08-25-at-7.20.01-PM.png

Guest Bathrooms
Screen-shot-2014-08-25-at-7.18.13-PM.png

Guest Bedrooms
fascinating-find-this-pin-and-more-on-luxury-master-bedrooms-big-master-bedroom-suite-home-design-by.jpg

Nearby: Lovely Guests
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet
Mrs. Carmine & Guests"And then he said that it was a pumpkin, when it actually was the boy's rubber ball." The older the congressman said ending with a hardy laugh, that the others joined in on.

Giggling softly Mrs. Carmine added, "your grandson is quite the odd chef, congressman."

"More like a space cadet!" He replied giving another hardy laugh, "I was sick for a week after that!"

As Akashi spoke up Mrs. Carmine's attention shifted to the new voice. Turning her head around her hair bounced about as she looked over at the source of the friendly voice. "Ah! Good evening!" Beaming with a kind warmth, she'd have to admit she was a bit embarrassed that she didn't know his name. She made a mental note to learn the new guests name. Listening to him offer his help with the cake she looked a bit worried, "are you sure dear? I don't want you to trouble yourself on my account." Noticing him take a glance at her other guests she gave a soft smile and nodded.

"Well if you'd like to help I'd be happy to accept!" Stepping over to a rack she pulled down a pink apron and walked over to Akashi and placed it in his hands. "Put this on and go wash your hands in the sink. Then you can help me with adding the icing onto this last cake." She said waving her hand over to the last unfinished cake. It's light orange marmalade filling a glistening golden midsection against the light. As Akashi went to wash his hand a pair of footsteps came down the long staircase of the second floor guest rooms and a tall man with dark brown, almost black hair and golden eyes stepped in.

large.jpg
"Ah, Jack good to see you joining the land of the living." The general said as he raised his hand to greet the man.

The man passed by the trio of elders and walked over to Mrs. Carmine, speaking in a strange dialect. "Hommik, millal on hommikusöök?"

Without missing a beat Mrs. Carmine responded. "Jack on juba õhtul, aga õhtusöök toimub tunni pärast."

Letting out a annoyed sigh he asked "Liiga pikk. Kas on suupisteid?"

Looking a bit confused she asked him, "Kas teie toas pole ühtegi?"

Jack shook his head and glanced over at Akashi disinterested. "No poiss ei võtnud neid."

Giggling a bit she nodded and pointed over to a large white pantry. "Okei siis nad on sahveris."

Making his way over to the the pantry he gave a calm wave as he passed her. "Tänan."

As Jack rummaged through the pantry for more snacks the general let out a hearty chuckle. "That boy. He's always been such a layabout on his off time. Never speaks english either. I'd scold him if he wasn't one of the best soldiers I ever had."

The CEO spoke up a bit curious, "Mrs. Carmine, where did you learn that strange language?"

Her cheeks flushing ever so slightly, she smiled, "well I studied quite a few languages in my younger years. Troatati is just one of the many I learned. Though I have to say it's been quite a while. To find someone who speaks it natively these days is extremely rare, so I'm happy to converse with him. Oh!" She turned around and called out to him, "Jack! Ma tegin mõned ploomi riisipallid. Nad on loenduril." Pointing over to the counter in the breakfast room there sat a elegant plate of onigiri.

His eyes glistening with hunger he pulled out a series of bags of junk food and walked over to the breakfast room. "Tänan!" Grabbing the plate he sat into one of the chairs and began to eat happily.

Smiling as he left Mrs. Carmine turned her attention back to Akashi. "Now. Let's get started on this cake." Leading him over to the cake she slid over a the white fondant, rollers, knives, smoother and the other equipment. Humming happily as she carinly moved each and every item closer to him. Once she was done she gave a satisfied nod and looked up at the young boy. "Do you know what to do or would you like me to take you through the process?"

Last edited:
Cherry

Nearby: Ivy
@Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
She moved to help Ivy up as she tripped but the girl seemed to be ok as she got up, like she tripped often enough that it didn't really bother her that much. Cherry stood still as Ivy touched her hair and smiled at the compliment. She adored children. They were adorable, usually friendly, and very rarely had a sense of dishonesty or guile. They just said what they were thinking.

"Thank you so much! And yes, I suppose I am a guest of your mother's, at least for a little while. And who is this?" she asked, motioning towards the doll. She reached into her pocket as the child answered. "Say, I have an idea.Why don't you come with me to drop my stuff off in one of the rooms and then you can give me a tour? I bet you know all the best spots in the house, and in the meantime...here" she pulled a lollipop out of her pocket, one of the ones Akashi had given her. The purple wrapper marked it as a grape flavor.

Forest

Nearby: Who knows?

Forest climbed the stairs, marveling at the size of the place. It was absolutely massive. "I wonder what Ms Carmine must do for them to afford a place like this. After all, I doubt a professor's salary could pay for something like this, even at a Huntsman academy and being a scientist as he is" he wondered aloud. While he did want to pick himself a room, the other reason Forest left the group to pick a room was to get some time by himself. The last two months had been insanely and he just wanted a moment to himself.

Orion must be rubbing off on me he thought with a chuckle. A frown quickly crossed his face thinking of his teammate He had been trying with his new team, and seemed to have made some progress with Akashi, but it seemed like the Schnee had no real interest in his teammates aside from Akashi. And even then, to Forest it seemed more like an acknowledgement of what they had gone through together than an actual interest. It was at the point where Forest didn't think it was going to change. Then again, not every Huntsman actually wants allies. He sighed heavily before finally picking an empty room there and dumping his belongings unceremoniously next to the bed nearest the window. He laid down on the bed, wondering what was going to come next.

Interacting: Anyone around to hear her
Mentioned: N/A
Tags: Brinni Brinni The Prophet The Prophet Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Bora Shu MunAfter hearing the claims about semblances acting up, Bora tried to activate he own which came as a faint flicker before it dissolved so quickly. The euphoric feeling that came with her semblance was lackluster and downright disappointing to say the least. She hung back, keeping her comments to herself, observing the grand mansion that belonged to the Carmines. The place was so white, almost sterile looking which only put Bora on edge. It's like I am in a Doctor's OCD Fantasy. So entranced with her own off-putting thoughts, she noticed that plenty of the others had gone off to where ever they decided to go to.

"If anyone needs me I'm going to go wash off this sand..." Bora announced to anyone that can hear her before she began to climb the stairs to the third floor. As she made her way through the halls, she continued to get more on edge as she continued to see white and more white in every corner of the house. "I think I might go crazy here..." she whispered to herself, "Where's the color? The reds, golds, greens?" She was mainly basing the mansion on her own home back in Vale which was more Mistral inspired than anything else.

Bora made it to one of the vacant rooms which was very grand. With a sigh, she walked over to the bathroom to only groan at the white on white interior. "Yup..." she announced, "I'm going to go insane..." She noticed the large bathtub and paused. "Can they make it even fancier? Whatever, a bath is a bath I guess," she commented. Bora began to run hot water in the large tub before turning to close the door and dropping her bag beside it. Undressed and with her hair up in a messy bun, she sank into the warm water. The warmth was welcoming on her tense muscles.

Alone she began to focus on her semblance once more. She must be away from the cause of the block since it was slightly stronger than down at the entrance. I wonder what's the cause for it to be acting up like this... Bora sighed before sinking a bit further in the tub, trying to relax. Closing her eyes she allowed herself to meditate, removing all of her negative thoughts on her own without her semblance. She had done so all her life as she kept to herself most of the time growing up. Being alone was something she knew, and it helped her think at times like these. To keep a leveled head.

Nearby: Cherry
@Tags: Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Ivy CarmineIvy's entire head followed Cherry's finger as she pointed to her doll. Her face lighting up in excitement she lifted up her doll and bounced in excitement. "This is Poppy! Mama hab her mood too look like big sis and Miko's dollies. I like her a whole lot!" Pulling the doll close to her chest she swung it around, her body teetering as she moved side to side.

Mind deep in cuddling her doll she stopped and looked up at Cherry as she mentioned something else. Her eyes were wide and sparkling with eager curiosity. Excited to provide a tour her whole body lit up when Cherry pulled out a lollipop for her. "Ahhh! Wow!" Taking the grape lollipop with her free hand her eyes glistened as she looked down at the kind gift. Lifting her head up her golden hair bounced as she beamed at the woman. "Thank you so much, miss!"

"I'd wuv to give yov a tour!" Walking past Cherry Ivy happily swung her lollipop and doll by her side. Looking back over her shoulder to the woman Ivy chimed, "Mama told the staff yurb on the third floor. Here I'll sho- oof!" Tripping over her feet she fell onto the hard floor again, the lollipop sliding away on the floor. Twitching a bit and giving a soft sniffle she picked herself up again. Reaching for the lollipop she beamed and turned around to Cherry. "I'll show you! Thib way!" Beaming at the woman she bounced off towards the stairs to the third floor. Hopping up on the first step she bounced with excitement. "Bis way! Up! Up!" Quickly bouncing up the stairs she periodically looked back to look at her guest.

c1059a4add58703518a64c60e97c3482279306df_00.jpg
The StaffDiligent and hardworking members the staff had already prepared fresh towels, clothing, and pajamas for their new guest. However it was part of their job to make sure the guest had everything they desired while staying here. Under orders to answer any questions they guest may have regarding the home, they are a fount of information and skill. Noticing the new guests begin to head up to the third floor guest rooms they began to make their rounds to the rooms to make sure that their guests are perfectly settled in. A female staff member with short brown hair and emerald eyes knocked on Forest's door. "Excuse me, sir. I was wondering if you required anything or had any questions before dinner this evening."

A few doors over a man knocked on Bora's door and asked the same question.

Interacting: Staff
Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Bora Shu MunHead back on the cold porcelain tub, Bora was breathing in and out in a set rhythm that kept her under her meditative trance. The water was still warm as she relaxed her muscles. I wonder how the twins are doing. A smile slipped onto her calm face as she recalled the small scuffles they had gone through on their way to Vacuo. Both her own and Phoenix's semblance had allowed them to slip past plenty of obstacles, which made those occasions much easier than she expected them to be.

The sudden knock at her door snapped Bora out of her thoughts violently, as she slightly slipped under the water. Sitting up quickly, she took a gasp of air before coughing a few times. Glancing around the bathroom she noticed she was missing a few things. "Oh," she called out, "I would really appreciate a few towels. It seems I came into the tup without some on hand." Bora clung to the tub's side, trying to cover up as best as she could, not really sure how things would work here.

"I actually have a question," Bora called out again as a thought came to mind, "Is there any dress code we need to follow for dinner, I wouldn't want to offend our hosts." Bora went through what she had on her pack and recalled the small line up of outfits that she had. They weren't professional for this household. Then again she was raised at a night club, so those clothes were as professional as they would get.

The StaffThe man let out a soft laugh at the innocence of the girl and nodded from behind the front door. Never one to enter without a invitation he spoke a bit louder for the miss to hear. "Of course miss. In the dresser to the left of the tub are a full set of towels, cloths and fresh clothing. If you require more then provided. I'd be happy to deliver some." The mansion was vast, and glamorous but worked similarly to a hotel with all the amenities already prepared.

His smile widened as the woman asked about the dress code. One of the very often questions he got when newer guests arrived. "Though our mistress enjoys elegant evening wear there is no dress code for dinner. Please dress as comfortably as you please." Pausing for a moment he continued. "If there is nothing else I can help you with at this time, I shall leave you to your comfort and take my leave."
KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Akashi Taurus

1762f29ee0f8f6c701a968a5913492bb.jpg
Mentions:
"Alrighty!" Akashi said in a cheery mood, taking the apron and putting it on his head as he thoroughly washed his hands. It was weird, being the same students who not 48 hours ago were stuck in a camp of survivors from when the entire kingdom of Vale was destroyed, and was now preparing to finish off a cake, to which he assumed they'd be able to eat later today. Such a peculiar turn of events. As much as he enjoyed the downtime right now, somewhere in his life he felt like getting this zombie plant would be a very annoying venture. But then again, he gets to do this with people that he can consider friends, so It can be all that bad. Drying his hands, he slipped on the pink apron and rolled up his sleeves, ready to help out Ms. Carmine.

"Ah no, you just want it Iced right? I think I can manage without instruction. Unless you wanted it done a specific way? I've made a few cakes back at beacon, and I haven't gotten any complaints yet. But if you want the icing in a specific design I can do that." Akashi answered looking down at her and at the Marmalade she had made. It certainly looked very good, he'd certainly have to do his best to not take away from the cake itself. "Um, excuse me for asking, but who was that and what language was that? I'm guessing his name was Jack off of what you said, but that language was pretty exotic; never heard it in my life." He asked, after he stayed quiet throughout their conversation, but said persons look kind of put him off. It was pretty cool for someone so disinterested.

monday-buffet-photo.png

Nearby: Lovely Guests
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus
Mrs. Carmine and GuestSmiling at him with a friendly warmth, she gave a kind laugh and shook her head. "I don't have a specific design in mind. Please be as creative as you like. I'm looking forward to see what you'll come up with." Picking up a knife she took a few steps over to her own station, adding over her shoulder. "If there's anything you need please let me or the others know." Raising a peeled potato she began to style it into a flower, it was something nice she did for her daughters whenever she got the chance. Humming happily she looked up as Akashi brought something up.

Tilting her head her cheeks warmed a bit as she laughed, "Oh yes! His name is Jack. He's a guest of the house like yourselves. We have quite a few guests here this season. Maybe twenty or thirty people in the house this evening. I suppose with you students here, it's closer to thirty now. Most like to keep to themselves around here, you may see some unfamiliar faces at dinner this evening but rest assured every one is a guest." Looking back to her work she continued carving the flowers as she spoke. "As for the language it's Troatati a old dialect for a tribe of people who've almost vanished to time. Legends of them said they had the unusual ability to adapt instantly to any situation and environment. They were peaceful, but their ability terrified other tribes. For fear of the small tribe taking over, many other tribes attacked them and tore apart what remains. It's quite a sad story."

Finishing her flower she looked over to the breakfast room and gave a sad smile. "It's honestly amazing to find someone else from that tribe."

"Jack's a good man. Better soldier. If those legends are true I understand that ability of theirs. Man can adapt to any scenario on the fly and dependable to a fault, even with the attitude." The old general said speaking up from the table. "Hell even the heat doesn't seem to get to him! He's been wearing black this whole time!" He said loudly bursting out into laughter.

The other man chimed in as the kitchen staff began to move the completed meals out into the dining hall. Mrs. Carmine finished her flower carvings, quickly seasoned them and placed them into the oven. "There. Hopefully Kaitlyn will enjoy it."
----------------------

T-T-T-Timeskip!!With the final preparations done Mrs. Carmine went over to a wall tablet and pressed a button. There was a small chime in every room as a automated voice spoke out, "Dinner is ready in the Dining Hall. Dinner is ready in the Dining Hall." As it finished Mrs. Carmine turned to those in the Kitchen. "Now then shall we head to the Dining Hall?" Giving them a warm smile she made her way out the kitchen and towards the Dining Hall.

The area was buffet style, there was a long row of all sorts of food that wrapped around the dining hall and laid on the long dining table. Making a plate of grilled salmon and a salad she sat down in the middle of the long table and smiled at the guests who were already at the table eating. Jack balanced a series of plates on his arms with ease as he sat down near the end of the table. There were a few other unfamiliar faces already sitting and starting their meals, eyes down or in their own conversations they didn't really interact with the new arrivals.

Ten minutes later Kaitlyn walked in and looked around at the extravagant buffet, her eyes landing on her stepmother she gave her a deadly glare and went to prepare her plate. Sitting across from where her father would sit one of the staff came in and placed the flower potato, Mrs. Carmine made onto Kaitlyn's plate. Looking from the flower to her step mother Kaitlyn picked up her fork and destroyed the flower. Looking back to her plate she began to eat only stopping as she heard the quick patter of small feet onto the floor.

There coming down the hallway was a small blonde girl carrying a six of strange looking stuffed rabbits and bears along with a golden haired doll in her small arms. All the doll were of similar design, but one violet rabbit may look very familiar to Slate and Cherry from their sleepover, as it is Iola's rabbit doll. Although a bit cleaner almost as if it was new. "Biggg Sissss!! Oof!" Ivy said as she fell onto the floor yet again, however this time a plethora of stuffed animals blocked her fall. Stumbling up to her feet she adjusted her arms and smiled as she bounced over to her older sister. "Big sis. Look! Poppy mattcheese them!!"

Mrs. Carmine looking a bit worried got up from her seat. "Ivy dear. I bought you Poppy so you wouldn't go taking Kaitlyn's dolls."

"It's fine." Kaitlyn said as she looked over to Ivy and patted the small girl's head. Beaming with absolute love for her little sister "I think Poppy looks really happy with them. They'll be good friends right?"

"Right! Dob wurry big sis I'll take good carbe of them!" Ivy said beaming as her sister patted her head.

Mrs. Carmine looked at them with apprehension, "if you're sure... Then here dear let me help you get a plate." Stepping away from her seat Mrs. Carmine began to prepare a plate for Ivy and her husband, as Kaitlyn and the staff sat Ivy in her own chair.

Ivy placed the stuffed dolls onto a chair beside her and shined as her plate was brought before her. "It looks yummy mommy! Thank you!!" Another staff member placed a potato flower on her plate and Ivy's eyes lit up as she saw it. "Woooow!! Amazing!!" Poking it with her fork she picked it up and ate it happily. Placing a hand to her cheek as her legs swung in joy she exclaimed. "It's so yummy!!" Everyone giggling at the child's joy the mood at the table lightened up when Mr. Carmine came in.

"Ah. It seems I'm a bit late." He said giving a bashful smile as he scratched his head and looked around.

"You're fashionably late, love." Mrs. Carmine said as she walked over to her husband and kissed his cheek. Handing him his plate she added, "I made you a plate." She gave him a loving look as she walked with him to his seat.

Taking a seat Mr. Carmine waved to the others who'd looked at him, "please continue enjoying your meals everyone."

"And feel free to go for seconds or thirds or even foruths if you'd like." Mrs. Carmine added.

Zenith
Nearby: Errybody

Everyone took the time in the bedrooms alone, including Zenith. With Akashi gravitating towards socialization in the kitchen and Forrest taking his tour of the mansion, Zenith sought out a bed fairly quickly. Maybe it was the fact that alone time was impossible to find at the camp, but no one had the time to process what was happening. At least, that was what Zenith figured everyone did with the closed doors was doing in their suites. Quickly dismissing the staff when they came to his door with a sock draped on the knob for the coitus he would have with his favorite partner, Zenith had all the privacy he wanted. 'What do you think about it all?' His own thoughts broke his concentration, the lazy voice dismissive that the answer would be sufficient, and his own voice proved himself right. "Don't have to worry about what I think, just that I have to do it." It was enough of a reply, his brain accepting it and slipping into the comfort of a nap.

The dreams consisted of the same things they did every night; family and friends. Forrest, Akashi, and even glimpses of the foreign Orion were in his head, doing what his mind associated them most with. Then his family at home, mission, or something mundane. It always turned to nightmares, deaths from Grimm or something grim in nature taking center in his mind. By the time the electronic dinner was rung Zenith had beads of sweat rolling down his forehead, his breath shallow as he jolted upright. Like usual, and potentially dangerous, he woke with his sword already grasped in his hand to his side. Catching his breath he took the sword with him, taking a quick shower and putting on fresh clothes before heading to the dinner table.

Long sleeve grey shirt and baggy grey pants that were either lazy fitness wear or very comfy pajama pants made his attire as he joined the table. He was one of the first down from their group, making three trips to grab what he wanted before the ravenous snake came. One was plate was meat, another vegetables, and the third the sweets; the one he was most worried about the CKS swiping through. Zenith ate the meat slowly, waiting for his team to come down. Once they did and everyone found their seats he began to eat with fully heart, not realizing how hungry he truly was. The only time he broke through his eating was during the exchange between Kaitlyn and the titular Ivy, laughing as Mrs. Carmine spoke of Kaitlyn's dolls.

'I wonder if she's as bitchy to them as she is to us.' Zenith looked to Kaitlyn, allowing her to see the smug grin he wore. As much as he would have loved to say it out loud, Zenith chose to keep it to himself. The parents weren't to blame for the stick stuck in their daughter.

-------------------------------------------------------

Slate
Nearby: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye The Prophet The Prophet Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Even though Slate left many things in his past with the help of his teammates, the skills he learned and good habits stayed. Slate got a room and took apart of his belongings, trying to take inventory of all he had. It wasn't much. A hundred rounds for his pistols, his knives, and three changes of clothes. There was a few odd dust infused bullets, enough for two full chambers, but he decided to put them into his belt instead of a speed mag. It took more time than it should of, the fuzzy feeling throughout his body that was affecting his semblance muddling his vision entirely. After figuring out his possessions, Slate did more testing. The exact distance was fourteen feet, fourteen feet before things lost focus. Past that and it was a guess of what he was looking at. 'Bless my semblance, otherwise I'd need trifocals.' He tried to chuckle at the thought, but find it more of a breath outward.

The complex in it's entirety with a desert, wall, and security team would be plenty to stave off any pursuers. They could follow Slate's tracks, but they wouldn't get near the complex without a team to do it. No, knowing Mercury it was Laurel or Tar, but nothing too big. Disappointment would turn to anger which would turn into spite. The more days in between him and the incident meant less punishment for him and more for those around him. However the given the location, professor's status, and the force needed for the building; they would wait for the desert. 'As long as I can see by then, no one will sneak up on us in the dunes.'

It was enough to allow a short shower, nap, and a change of clothes before Slate joined everyone at the table. Proteins and carbs for the journey was the main course on his plate, despite the large selection of desert none was placed. Given his sight didn't improve at the dinner table Slate nearly missed Ivy and Kaitlyn's antics, but a familiar toy caught his eye when it finally got close enough. Squinting to make certain, he looked to Cherry for confirmation. "Is that Iola's?" Slate asked with confusion lacing his furrowing brow, "I still can't see well, could be nothing."

Cherry

Nearby: Team Vacuo, Carmines, Assorted other guests
@Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Hibiscus Hibiscus
Making her way to the buffet table she grabbed a couple of plates. Salad, salmon, and potatoes all found their way to one plate while a slice of cake found it's way to another. She took at a seat at the table and began to eat. Cherry was happily digging in to dinner when she heard the scurry of Ivy's feet. "Hello again! And thank you for the tour!" Ivy had shown Cherry all of her favorite spots in the mansion as well some of her toys.

But as she heard Slate, she looked up at the toy that she might have missed seeing the little girl take. It was an exact replica of the one she had tried to bring to Iola back in the psych facility before the doctor said she wasn't allowed to have any material things. A small frown of concern crossed her face at the idea of someone going through her belongings, especially given that Slate's father had put a bounty on her head. "I...I don't think so? But I'm not sure." She turned towards the little girl. "Ivy, hun, that didn't come from my things did it? I have one exactly like it ."

Forest

Nearby: Team Vacuo
After a brief nap, Forest had chosen to wander the grounds. He was trying to figure out what could possibly be blocking Semblances in the place, but didn't see any sort of generators or something. None of the servants seemed to have the answers he was searching for, or they weren't being honest. Forest had no way of knowing which was the case without use of his Semblance. It's interesting being in this position. This must be what regular people feel like, knowing they can't figure it out if someone is being dishonest with them.

He had just finished touring the gardens when he sighed. "Nothing here either. So then, either it's coming from a person, one of the rooms occupied by the other guests, or perhaps a basement. I'll go find ask the good doctor I guess." As he finished his statement to himself, the announcement for dinner came. It was then he realized how hungry he was. "After dinner." He made his way inside, filled his plate and sat down. At Slate's question to Cherry he looked up, eyes narrowed. How would something of Io's get here. I suppose it could have come from her sister? But they don't seem to get along well based on the attitudes they've shown. Both Iola and the Executioner have personalities that would clash or grate with the sister we met here....if it was a sister.

MAYU-mayu-vocaloid-3-35018720-821-1016.png

Nearby: Everyone
@tags: The Prophet The Prophet KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus
The Carmine Family and House Guests...introducing Jeremy Knowles and Claire HarperKaitlyn noticed Zenith's smug look as they brought up her dolls and gave him a disinterested glare. She wasn't ashamed in the slightest from those dolls and wouldn't let him even consider that it would. Turning her attention to the only important thing she patted Ivy's head. Meeting the young girl's beaming innocent smile, with a smile of her own. However, it faded as she looked over to Slate as he leaned over and looked at the doll. Her face shifting ever so slightly as Iola's name was mentioned.

Ivy noticed this tall pretty silver haired stranger lean over to inspect the chair full of dolls. "Aren't theb sue cute!" Ivy reached out and patted the large bear's white head happily. Looking up at Cherry as she asked about another doll that Cherry had and shook her head with a smile. "Big sis made them!"

"My mother made them. I just use her patterns to replace the ones the set was missing." Kaitlyn said her voice a bit less hostile then before. Her eyes rested on the animal plushies and a small hint of sadness flickered across her face before she looked over at the others. Resting her elbows onto the table she leaned in pensive as she spoke. "So Iola had the violet rabbit? Hmm, that's very interesting." Her gaze passed by her father, meeting his eyes she let out a sigh and sat back in her seat. "Whatever. A lot of my mother's dolls were often given as gifts. Who knows where they've ended up." Picking her fork back up she stabbed at piece of meat and stuffed it into her mouth. Her eyes rested on Cherry, "You should leave the doll here. I'm more likely to get it back to its owner before you can."

Mrs. Carmine looked between Kaitlyn and her husband as they talked. It was a bit uncomfortable for the woman when they talked about Mr. Carmine's first wife, however she did her best not to let it show. Turning her attention over to Slate she spoke calmly. "Are you alright dear? You seem to be having trouble seeing. If you require some glasses we can make some for you, in no time?"

large.jpg
"I'm telling you, Jeremy we don't have time for this. It's big news!" A brunette woman, Claire, said as she spoke over to a clean cut man in a suit.

"There's always time for dinner." The man said sternly as he picked up two plates and began stacking food.

"This is a Atlas's Atlesian Council member being arrested for treason! Come on you have to be excited that you're a prosecutor on this!" Claire said with a huff as she watched him calmly picking food for the two of them. The woman turned her attention over to Mrs. Carmine and walked over to her. "Summer, you know what's going on right? You have to. Can't you push him to be interested in this?"

Mrs. Carmine looked over at Claire giving a calm smile as she ran her finger through her hair. Supposing that it's close to being made public if Jeremy isn't keeping her quiet. "Well I do, but I think it's better to be calm and impartial in this. Jeremy is a excellent lawyer I'm sure that both you and he will uncover the truth."

"Well you're right about that! Which is why we should be investigating not eating dinner." Claire said excitedly only to be stopped as Jeremy took his seat and placed her plate in a empty chair. Meeting his eyes she sighed and made her way over to the table.

Mrs. Carmine laughed and spoke up as Clare made her way to her seat. "I think both Jeremy and I agree that a good meal is the starting point of any endeavor."

Taking her seat Claire took a bite of some steak and her eyes lit up in surprise as she spoke out. "Oh wow! This is delicious!!" Taking a few more bites she looked back to Mrs. Carmine. "You're going to be a the hearing, right Summer?"

"Oh no. It's not a international matter, so I haven't been called in just informed. Just in case." She said with a friendly smile.

"What's this hear say about Ironwood, the man's a great leader. I wouldn't think he'd ever commit treason." The older general would say.

"It's regarding his daughter and the knowledge that she was in truth a vessel for Salem. If he knowingly withheld this then it's treason." Jeremy said a bit coldly as he ate, looking over to Mrs. Carmine he added, "you'll likely be called for the court session Summer. So you should be ready."

"Oh do you think so? I suppose we can make something work, but I do hope it doesn't come to such a thing. If I'm involved it can't look good." Mrs. Carmine said a bit worried.

Resting a hand over his wife Mr. Carmine gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure it will be alright. And if it comes to it we'll make it work. Though if you have to go, I will miss having you and Ivy here." He said looking over to Kaitlyn and Ivy smiling as Ivy was still talking with Slate.

"Youb hair is so pretty! Like mutal but suber shiny!" Reaching out to Slate's head as she spoke. "Are yob a rubebot? Most peeple don't habe mutal hair. Plus you're really pretty like a doll"

Akashi Taurus

Nearby: everybody
Mentions: Vacuo team
@Tags: Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Working on the cake was really fun; he really wanted his team and friends to like it. He toiled and toiled, using what was available to get what he believed to be a pretty cute cake. After showing off his wonderful creation to Ms. Carmine, he cleaned up and stood around, joking around with some of the servants and generally helping out until dinner time. These guys were really fun to be around, it made him want to stick around and chat for hours. It didn't help that he was not only in the presence of all these illustrious desert foods, but the people there seemed to genuinely enjoy his comedic nature.

Eventually dinner was finished, and he helped the servants carry out the dishes and lay them out for dinner. He could hardly contain his excitement at the sheer amount of food present, and even more so at the fact he'd obviously force Zenith, Forest, Cherry, and maybe even Bora and Slate, since they were his newly minted friends, and he didn't yet have a handle on their reactions towards his antics. But no matter, Akashi was pretty sure they'd at least try it. It'd be mean if they didn't.

Akashi watched as people began wading in, waving as each of them came in. When everyone he knew was there he gleefully grabbed a few slices on separate plates and glided over to where they sat, giving the same speech to each person. "You should totally eat this, I helped make it. I'll get you if you don't eat it though". Though he did try to nick a sweet or two off of Zenith, as a "service fee". Though, to no avail.

With that out of the way, he grabbed two plates of meat and made his way to a vacant chair near his group, forgoing to stock up on sweets as a way of letting everyone get some before he singlehandedly cleans it out. A mercy play, if you will. Boy, was he hungry. You cant expect to have Akashi of all people be in a kitchen with a ton of food and not want to eat a ton of it up. He watched Cherry and Slate remark on the child's doll with mild interest, it had some cool mystery vibes to it. Having a sip of his drink, he proceeded to say, "Ooooh, sounds like a mystery~", and act deep in thought.

Last edited:
Cherry

Nearby: People
Cherry set her utensils down and lowered her eyes after Kaitlyn's question. "Your mother's patterns are very good though. She had real talent. And I appreciate the offer Kaitlyn, but I'm going to hang on to it." Her voice grew quieter, hardly above a whisper. "Besides, I'm not sure if the girl it was given to is still alive." Cherry pushed her seat back and stood up. "Excuse me." She took her plates into the kitchen and placed them in the sink before heading up to her room.

Closing the door behind her she went to her bag and pulled out the stuffed violet rabbit. She clutched it close to her and whispered "I miss you..."

Forest

Nearby: People
@Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye The Prophet The Prophet KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Forest dug in heartily to his dinner as conversation continued, taking in as much information as possible. He watched the interaction between Kaitlyn and Cherry but quickly lost interest. He did glance briefly at Akashi as Cherry left the table to see what he would do before turning back to the conversation.

At the news of General Ironwood, Forest's head snapped to the conversation. He had met the man once, but the vibe he got was one of man of honor. "I hate to interrupt, they never really gave us much information about what happened at Beacon." His eyes briefly slid to Slate before looking back, remembering that Silver had once been on Slate's team before falling in to some kind of coma. "Silver was some kind of vessel? I had just been under the impression that Salem had enacted some sort of spell and didn't fully die all those years ago."

Anime-No-More-Heroes-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0-637294.jpeg

@tags: The Prophet The Prophet KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus
The Carmine Family and House Guests...introducing Jeremy Knowles and Claire HarperListening to Cherry Kaitlyn felt a bit strange. It was hard to listen to a compliment by a total stranger, especially one she didn't like. However, she couldn't treat anyone who compliments her mother's work as poorly as the others. A bit perplexed she spoke up as the girl stood up."Oh well if you're certain...thank you I suppose? "Iris watched Cherry as she walked off her eyes narrowing, she had to get her hand on that doll if Iola ever figured out what was inside... It wasn't a possibility, it won't be one.

A plate of marmalade cake was sat in front of her by one of the staff. Looking up at them she noticed it was their usual pastry server. They weren't chefs but they did often bake the sweets around. She looked back at the cake and cut into it with her fork. Taking a bite her face brightened as she bit in. "Wow this is actually really good. The design is quite impressive too."

"Oh for beacon. Not much is for certain, that's what the trail is for." Mrs. Carmine said a bit bashfully. She didn't know what much to say about the whole situation, especially in front of the kids. Sure they were huntsmen in training and were strong in their right, but this stuff isn't for them. She truly wished they would change the subject.

"Oh come now it's all out there. Maybe not for the kids, but they should know what happened." Claire said and turned her attention to Forest. "So the water was poisoned by the Shayama heir. There's no doubt of it. There's video evidence of that. The body of her mother was found in the charred remains of the house. It seems she killed her mother and went to poison the water with some strange chemical." She said raising a finger in avid intrigue.

"It's quite hard to discern the properties of the chemical. I've only figured out the cure for this through extensive trials." Dr. Carmine added.

Claire nodded and continued. "The chemical moved fast through the city. However the amount affected people is quite low. The real threat was Salem."

"The grimm she rose turned a mild outbreak into a catastrophe. We don't know how or why this happened but there's clear evidence that Ironwood's daughter now hosts Salem. If Ironwood knew that would be the case is what the hearing is about." Mrs. Carmine said as she looked around them. "I'm sure that this is just a mistake. Ironwood is a good man. Sure he's made mistakes, but who among us haven't?"

"I heard there's going to be a dark magic expert speaking." Jermey said before taking a bite of the steak in front of him.

"That actually exists?! Do you know who it is?" Claire said looking at Jeremy with astonishment.

"I can answer that question" A tall slender woman with platinum blonde hair walked in and smiled at the group as they turned to see her. This woman, for those who haven't glanced at a magazine ever in their life, was the glamours model turned television influencer Adularia Stone. Having spent eight years as a model and twelve as tv star she's been everywhere and is known for her attractive ageless appearance and talent in getting her guests to spill secrets on television. Giving a smug smile she walked over to Mrs. Carmine and gave her a hug before moving to the table and taking one of the few empty seats. Crossing her legs she tossed her hair as she looked at them. "But I think I'll keep it secret, until the episode comes out."

Looking at the woman in astonishment Claire leaned over to Jeremy and tugged on his shoulder. Whispering quite loudly, "Oh my God! Jeremy that's Adularia Stone!! Did you know she was here?!" Jeremy unamused, didn't say anything, but just agave a disinterested shrug.

"Are you not going to eat anything, Adularia?" Mrs. Carmine said a bit worriedly.

"No worries dear. I'm not too hungry." Mrs. Stone said. Her eyes looking around the others she rested them on Slate and smiled at him. "Well not for food."

Interacting: Everyone
Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus The Prophet The Prophet
Bora Shu Mun
The entire dinner, Bora kept to herself as she pushed her food around the plate. She was never comfortable eating in front of many people that she didn't know. It didn't help that the Carmines had other guests in the house, which only made it hard for her to even attempt a bite. Her eyes followed the conversation as it bounces from every individual that spoke up, but it stopped when Slate made his comment about not able to see properly. From the time she had known him, he was always sharp when it comes to what he can see, but now it seemed like it had been stripped out of him. Like how her semblance had been stripped from her since she arrived at Carmine's home.

Her suspicion didn't settle for a moment. No, they only added to them upon hearing Mrs. Carmine's comment. Something about this home, beside the need of a new interior designer, was off-putting to her. When the conversation returned to whatever they were talking about before, which she was not entirely paying attention, she continued to mover her food around and her eyes to everyone as they talked. She was engrossed in trying to figure out what was the actual cause of the strange feeling that she didn't catch Cherry's word as she left the room. She kept her eyes on Cherry as she leaves, wanting to follow after her. Looking over to Slate as he kept struggling with his sight, she decided against following after Cherry and to stay with Slate in case he needed her.

When the cake came out and her dinner removed, she excepted the offered dessert as she returned to her previous state of pushing her food around and shifting her eyes from person to person. She finally going to give in to eating the cake when a new voice came to the fray. Bora's eyes fell on the very famous Adularia Stone as she came over tot he dining room and taking a seat like it was her own home. Maybe it was, but it only added to her suspicion going around the room. Having enough with tonight, she got up from her seat, excusing her like Cherry had and exited the room.

The walk to her room was agonizingly long as she tried to tap into her semblance to only not respond. The white interior was ever so annoying as she walked down the halls. Once she had arrived at her room, Bora walked over to the window and looked out to the desert outside. With a deep sigh, she took a seat on the floor and got into a comfortable position before falling into a meditative trance. It was an old habit that she developed growing up, but she was grateful for it now.

Akashi Taurus

Nearby: IDK
Mentions: Vacuo team
@Tags: Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

“Hey! Come on, I know you guys aren’t seriously gonna go without eating the cake i painstakingly decorated! You guys aren’t any fun.” Akashi whined as he watched the people around him eat actual food before touching the cake he was so proud of. Scoffing and exaggerating his irritation, He shot looks at Zenith, Forest, Bora and Slate, as if trying to force them to eat it with the power of his mind. Now obviously it didn’t work, but he sure was determined to annoy them into eating it if anything. He went at it all the way up until both Bora and Cherry left, the former after a very off putting Ms. Stone came onto the scene. While she wasn’t bad, it’s just the way she talked was weird. Felt like a high class cougar. He was content with ignoring her until Cherry left abruptly, after convening with the adorable little girl with the doll. Must be Ms. Carmine’s younger daughter. Obviously being the great friend he is, Akashi fluidly rose with his one slice of cake, slid over to grab another slice of cake, and placed the plate of cake on his head. While he was perfectly capable of keeping the plate balanced on his head, the fork caused him to shift suddenly every now and then to keep it in place. “Excuse me miss, I have to get by to find my friend.” Akashi said the the small girl, maneuvering his way around her and throughout the mansion and around staff in search of the missing party member.

Eventually, he found that he should probably look for Cherry in her room, and not almost everywhere else first. So as he stepped up to the door, plate in hand and on head like a sugar crazed idiot, knocked on the door with his free hand, then took what free time he had before the door opened to put up the act of a serious butler in attempt to humor one who was probably was in a bad mood.

Cherry

Nearby:Akashi
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet
Sitting on the bed Cherry was a little upset. Not just the conversation with Kaitlyn, but at herself for leaving the table, especially without dessert. "I'm not supposed to be the broody one. That's Slate's job" she chuckled somberly. She drew her knees up to her chin and just rested her head there for a minute.

She had just closed her eyes when she heard a knock at the door. She debated for a moment about whether to answer before sighing. Pretending she wasn't here wouldn't do any good. "Come in. It's open" she called. She had assumed it would be Slate or perhaps even Bora checking in on her. She was surprised to see it was Akashi instead

6f9363a9d183445ebaa3e9b2924723f6.jpg

fc0b8135c885401a6057a13ba953d608.jpg
Breakfast Room
Screen-shot-2014-08-25-at-7.20.01-PM.png

88cfb952818c2e54eba1153356140824.jpg
The Carmine FamilyMrs. Carmine noticed that two girls, both Bora and Cherry excused themselves early. She wondered if they weren't feeling well, or were just uncomfortable eating in such a large group. Deciding to make a mental note, she would do something nice for them later this evening if they were still hungry. Sitting there beside her husband she wondered how the others students were doing. It was a strange conversation for them to all be having in front of the kids. Deciding if there's any other topic she could bring up to give the room a lighter tone. Adularia was doing an excellent job of changing the subject, though maybe equally inappropriate.

Furrowing her brow ever so slightly as she got a bad feeling about where this was going. About to make a complaint she was cut off as a staff woman came in and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Mrs. Carmine your brother in law is on the phone."

Looking up at her a bit surprised she tilted her head in confusion "Dante? He rarely ever calls. Did he say what he wanted."

"It seems as if young master Carter has run off again." The female staff member had said.

"Blue?" Her nephew was quite the excitable teen who often liked to run away from home. He would often spend weeks or months wandering around only to end up at their home. He was a good kid just overzealous under her somewhat overbearing brother in law. Placing a finger to her cheek she thought aloud. "Well I guess he'll be arriving here sometime soon. I'll take the call." She stood up and pushed her seat back in. "Make sure to set up a room for Blue. Oh and probably leave the window open. That boy loves to sneak in." Shaking her head she walked out of the dining room. "I have no idea why we have an unlocked front door."

As Mrs. Carmine left the table Mr. Carmine watched her leave and felt his scroll buzz in his pocket. Pulling it out his brow furrowed slightly, before letting out a sight. "Well I must excuse myself. I still have some work to finish up today."

"Really dad?" Kaitlyn said a bit perturbed.

"Come now. It's not too complex it's only brain surgery." He said with a chuckle at the little joke. "I'll be done before my sweet girls gets tuckered out." He added glancing at the still very energetic Ivy as she laughed and played with her food. Getting up he excused himself and left back towards the east wing.

Other guest began to finish their meals and leave to their respective rooms. With the exception of Jack who was on his fifteenth plate and going strong. Kaitlyn looked at the excitable face of her baby sister as she was happily eating some of Akashi's cake. Her soft eyes sharpened as she looked at the students who stayed through till the end. "You all are pretty smart not skipping out. You're not gonna eat this well out in the desert. However, unlike myself you all aren't used to traversing the desert. You should head to bed and get some sleep now while you still can."

TIMESKIP: All Sunshine Makes a DesertAs the morning light shrieked onto the golden sand of the desert the white walls of the carmine home illuminated with the refraction of the shimmering light of the pool and greenhouse surrounding the building. The light danced as if they were underwater in the cool home. A soft pinging sound rang in each resident's room promptly at 7 am. Some were already awake while others were just waking up. Yet the gentle chime rang for them all as a warm bubbly voice of Mrs. Carmine sang into the the invisible intercom. "Breakfast is ready! Those heading out into the desert should come down now. You only have a hour before you head out!" After the message faded a series of knocks touched the door of the Beacon students as a staff member went to awake them. They provided them with their personalized pack for the trip.

Downstairs Mrs. Carmine was beaming happily at the counter of the breakfast room. Sitting in a high chair there was little Ivy eating rabbit shaped pancakes with a fruit bow. Looking over at the newcomers she brightened, "ah! Good Morning! Breakfast is ready for you all." She said motioning over the the breakfast spread waiting on the counters for them to pick and choose what they liked. "I'm also making pancakes per request!" She added, the batter beside her as she stood in front of a long heated griddle.

As the others arrived Jack slowly turned his eyes over to the kids biting into a panda pancake he looked the kids up and down. Finishing the sweet cake he let out a sigh and looked over to Mrs. Carmine. Speaking in a deep, aged yet smooth voice he spoke his first english words since he's been here. "I'm going to set up the car."

"Alright. Thank you Jack." Looking over to the others she explained. "Jack will be accompanying you on your journey. He's a seasoned soldier and a good leader. He'll take good care of you all."

Kaitlyn waked in. She was dressed in a dark lolita mourning dress and looked at the group up and down before rolling her eyes. "So Jack is joining us? .......Alright." Moving over to Ivy she smiled and kissed her head "Good morning sweet vine." Tickling with her she smiled as Ivy warmly laughed and highly giggled soft protests.

Mrs. Carmine held a solemn, hurt look on her face for a moment before taking it all in and putting a smile on her face. "Kaitlyn would you like a pancake." Mrs. Carmine said slowly handing her a smiling pancake with fruit hair.

Kaitlyn looked at the plate and then to her step mother. "I'd rather just get a croissant." Kissing Ivy's head she glared at her step mother and grabbed a croissant. Sitting beside her sister she watched her eat, wishing that she didn't have to help these strangers.

[Yall get one post then you're all going to the car. Make em long, make em count.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back