• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY Saga: Vacuo [Arc 2 IC]

Onyx Belladonna

She felt a small grin form as Tsana spoke. I mean, she wasn't wrong, but she wasn't just going to assume she would rule, right? "First of all, Tsana, I have a name. It's Onyx, got it? Second of all, no that isn't such a bad thing to ask for, but, in the grand scheme of saving Vale, it can wait. We can figure out the peace between our two sides later, for now, let's just get the damn flower." She said, looking everyone over. "No objections, anyway, because we should leave as soon as possible."

Croc and Bruno

Nearby: The other at the landing area
@Tags: LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 IG42 IG42 xAlter xAlter
"I already figured it is mostly populated by Faunus, though knowing the place has a very large desert is good to know" Croc comment.

"Oh, I see. I guess I would a be odd sight there. But I'm looking forward to all the same to go. New experiences are what makes us stronger and better in the end" Bruno said confidently that thing would go well.

After saying that Tsana showed up and discuss shifted to talks about the White Fang, a topic Croc didn't care about and one that Bruno didn't feel the right to add anything. While Croc was a Faunus and new about the organization history, what it did was something he never took the interest of. Croc and Bruno look to Onyx as seemed to get a little mad. "Right behind ya." Croc said following right behind Onyx, with Bruno following behind him.

Cherry, Forest

Nearby: Akashi, Slate, Zenith
@Tags: Hibiscus Hibiscus The Prophet The Prophet
"Truly. The world would be such a dark place without you beside us Akashi." Forest teased back. He watched the "janitor" closely seeing where he would go. As he watched the man head into the ship bound for Mistral with the only two of the Beacon students to follow being Saffron and Iris, he began to second guess his choice. While the rest of the students weren't above suspicion for being a traitor, Saffron especially was one of those he had suspicions of. After all, he was one of those few conveniently not at the Rose Twins party when The Executioner attacked along with Skyler Sharp who disappeared on some secret mission a month ago, and Cherry and Slate of BRSS. At least he could keep an eye on these two.

"We're going after a plant that spits poison turns you into a zombie. You know, easy peasy for a team of expert Huntsmen like ourselves. Provided of course nothing else goes wrong." Cherry replied giving a pointed look at Slate. "So, is this everyone?"

Saffron

Nearby: Culpeo, Onyx, Tsana, Iris, Jester
@Tags: IG42 IG42 ChazGhost ChazGhost Hibiscus Hibiscus
"Yeah, I'll come with you to Menagerie" Saffron replied to Culpeo. As he watched where everyone was going he realized there was a problem. None of the students were going to Mistral, not a one. The only one that actually got on that ship was Jester. He made is way back to Culpeo. Not wanting to interrupt the tense moment he gave it a moment before talking to his teammate "Hey. We've got a problem. The clown is the only one going to Mistral. I'm gonna take Iris and go to Mistral instead just so we have someone we can actually trust to get the ingredients. Stay safe Cul, it's bad enough the team is scattered to the four winds. I don't wanna come back here and have one of them tell me you got yourself killed. I'm rather tired of losing teammates. C'mon Iris"

Saffron waited for a moment for Culpeo's response before getting on the ship bound for Mistral. He sat down across from the "janitor". "I see you've finally realized Halloween is over clown. So what's your angle for this one? Wait for the cure to be finished, steal it then sell to the highest bidder?"

Rose Twins & Bora
"I can't believe we really gave grandpa the slip," Summer laughed, feeling back to normal again. It was hard to just up and leave in the middle of the night but they were both on edge to get back to the others. Ruby wanted to make sure we stayed safe and away from everything as she had us shipped back to Grandpa Tai. The twins felt like they were prisoners in their own home, always training until they made the plan to just go.

Phoenix was still on the mindset to go look for Ophelia but Summer was able to knock some sense into him a bit. They both we in their new combat outfits after landing in the desert kingdom of Vacuo. Summer was actually enjoying the new look as Phoenix was just grumpy of the hear, still wanting to wear black. Phoenix was walking beside Summer, Thorn on his back, as he laughed, "I wonder what his reaction would have been."

Summer was happy to see Phoenix back to his usual self around her again. She looked over her shoulder toward the purple haired girl who they picked up along the way, "How are you holding up, Bora? Those heels look like they must be killer on your feet." She motioned to the stiletto style heels which gave her a few four inches to her small height. Bora gave her a sly grin as she commented, "I have worn worse on the dance floor. I'm kind of used to it by now."

"Heads up, you two," Phoenix called out over his shoulder, "I see the others up ahead." The three continued to close the distance to the other students as they heard Cherry call out to the group. Summer to up the opportunity to announce their arrival, "I hope you guys aren't leaving without us!" Bora and Phoenix flanked Summer as they looked around at the group that was still gathered around.

Phoenix was only able to make out Iris among them. Summer noticed Onyx, talking to Tsana, and she smiled going straight over to her. Bora bowed her head ashamed of running off at the first opportunity to check on her parents, instead of sticking with her team. That must have been such a great first impression she had with them. Walking over to Cherry and Slate she stated, "I'm sorry about running off on you, Cherry. Especially when you needed me the most..."

I'm back! Also, someone give me the link to the discord XD
Summer's outfit
952f18fcbdc02526b6e5ed4aea6af50b.jpg

Phoenix's outfit
9263593b645afb06d7183f57911a4841.jpg

Bora's outfit
a09d16fd63d2431707bed09e0aa11ebc.jpg

Jester

Nearby: Saffron and Iris
@Tags: Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus
Jester laid back in his seat looking at his watch wondering if anyone else was going to show up when a little birdy and bat walked onto the plane. "Got a new girlfriend little birdy?" Jester said as Saffron got on board with Iris. After that was said Saffron came back with his own comments and questions. "I planning to put my costume back on once we get to Mistral, the contacts I know there only know the mask kiddo. And Halloween is never over" Jester said tapping a large duffle bag he had next to him. "Also you want to know my angle for this? Well, it's simple, I help you guys, I don't go intimately go to jail, and stop the whole world from being turn into Grimm."

"You see kid, I'm a merc. A slightly crazy one who take whatever job seems the most fun. But even I have enough sense to know that if the world goes bust, I no longer get paid or get to have fun doing my job. Instead, I'll have to run from Grimm and possibly end up getting eaten by one. So while we both would love to kick the other off the plane, the thing is we both have the same goal right now, to get the herb for the cure and stop the Grimm." Jester said answering Saffron's questions. "Is that a good enough angle for ya?"

Tsana Luna Khan

Nearby: No Idea
@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Tsana smiled at the Belladonna heir, and walked to go find a seat so she could finally rest. It felt like ages since she slept, but now, now sleep was trying to claim her once more. Hearing voices, Tsana turned to find Phoenix, Summer, and Bora, running towards them. They looked different, different clothes, and older too. She smiled to herself, and let out a cry of joy. Tsana turned to Summer and pounced at the Rose girl, enveloping her in a hug. "Summer!!!" she cried out in both happiness and relief. "I was so worried about you. You left after Vale, and I didn't know what happened. And I was so scared. And then we got here and Ashe left, and I was by myself for a bit, and I didn't know what to do, and I..." Tsana rambled on and on.

Rose Twins & Bora

Interating: Everyone
@Tags: Brinni Brinni xAlter xAlter LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Bora returned Cherry's hug as she felt a bit relieved from it but then her mood feel when she recalled her attempt to look for her parents, "I tried to look for my parents, but they seemed to seal off the club. I was unable to get in or get a note through. I'm not entirely sure what happened to them. I left Vale soon after that. I just got on the road and ended up running into the twins along the way." Bora pulled away from the hug as Cherry turned her attention to Phoenix next. The redhead was glancing over to Summer as she got hugged by Tsana but turned his attention to her and answered, "My mother had other plans for us. And by that I mean she wanted us to be locked and watched over by our grandpa, back home on Patch. I overheard him talking to my mother about what you guys were doing. We didn't last a few days before we decided to give him the slip and head over here."

Summer gave Tsana a bone-crushing hug back as she twirled them around, "I'm sorry! After we tried to go for the airship, my mother stopped us and sent us back to Patch for grandpa Tai to look after us. I'm sorry I left without a word. How are you feeling now? Have you gotten better night sleeps?" Summer let go of her before turning to Onyx and gave her smile, "Hey Onyx, How have you been holding up?"

Culpeo Albain

@Tags: LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 xAlter xAlter KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Brinni Brinni
Breathing a sigh of relief as it became clear that the two girls weren't going to be arguing further for the moment Culpeo turned his attention to Saffron as his teammate declared that he would be going to Mistral instead. "I understand...I'm sorry I can't go with you." Feeling a twinge of guilt at the mention of their teammates who had left on their own business his ears drooped, placing a hand on Saffron's shoulder he tried to look confident. "I'm sure we'll see each other again, you just focus on staying safe alright?" Even if he wasn't riding with the potential enemy in their midst Mistral's underworld could easily be more dangerous than Menagerie in it's own way.

Watching his last remaining teammate leave it took a moment for his ears to prick up at an unexpected familiar voice, looking around he spotted the three prodigals. Culpeo hadn't really spoken with any of them except for Summer but he was still pleased to see someone return instead of leaving for a change, seeing Summer approaching he was about to greet her when Tsana jumped her instead. Listening in he frowned at hearing of what Summer's family had done, his own father worried about his safety a lot especially since he had already lost his brother and Culpeo's mother but Corsac had never coddled him that much. "In any case it's good to have the three of you back." He said to Summer with a calm smile when he felt he could get a word in.

Saffron, Cherry, Forest

Nearby: Everyone not going to Menagerie
@Tags: The Prophet The Prophet KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus ChazGhost ChazGhost
"Oh, ok. Well I'm sure they're fine. Your folks seemed like they could handle themselves" Cherry said to Bora. She noticed that Bora hadn't mentioned anything about Cherry's parents, though she couldn't be sure if it was because her teammate forgot to look like she had promised or if she found them and just didn't want to share the bad news right now. She tried not to worry about it too much as she listened to Phoenix's explanation, though she couldn't help but notice that their cousin Titan wasn't among them. "Well, we're happy to have you all along. All things considered."

"Indeed. Though I suppose I should key you in to the situation in a bit more depth. We are going after a plant that can spews toxins and can essentially, as Miss Caramel said, turn one into a zombie. However, myself and a few others suspect that Miss Sakra, or the Executioner as she called herself, is not only here in Vacuo, but received the information about all the ingredients for the cure and presumably distributed that information to her benefactor or allies. Which only makes our jobs more difficult if it was in fact her, though I know of no way we can prove it without at least one of us getting seriously hurt. That all said, if your sister is joining us as opposed to going to Menagerie with the only member of her team here I would prefer we get going as soon as possible to try and make things easier on us" Forest said, at length.

Saffron shook his head in disgust. "No, actually. She's not my girlfriend. She's an actual ally unlike you. As for your reason being good enough? It isn't. You want to help? Fine, but you're going to either stay here or go to Menagerie. I refuse to have someone who puts children in danger because it seems "fun" come into my mountains, my home. Which reminds me, I hope that little girl didn't suffer too much after one of your bombs blew up the truck you were all in. You really should keep better track of explosives. Then again, if the explosion didn't kill her the poison might have. Sky's daggers are nasty pieces of work" He pointed his thumb at the door they walked through. "I've been nice to you so far. I didn't out you in front of everyone, and I'm giving you a chance not only to live, but to help like you want. Just not with me, and not in my home. You have until that closes. Because once we take off, your life is forfeit. You'll die before we even land in Mistral, even if the ship has to go down to do it. Or I will and you'll be arrested on the spot when we land. We're in close quarters, explosives are a terrible idea here once we take off because you'll suffer just as much, and there are no civilians here for you to leverage against me this time around. See, I think the world will be safer without someone like you in it, and I'm not even a professional Huntsman yet. I'm expendable. Others can get the ingredients and there are always more ships."

Saffron leaned back, shifting his gaze between the door, the clown, and Iris to see how she'd respond

Jester

Nearby: Saffron and Iris
@Tags: (Tag people you are talking to or want to interact with)
At first, Jester was annoyed and angry at Saffron but then I thought about what he said for a moment he began to laugh and laugh... and laugh. "You know bird brain you piss me off but can't lie, it's hilarious how little you value your and friend's lives," Jester said as he began to stop laughing. "Or just value your life very little and don't even think about the others around you. Like your example if I blew up the plane you and me would die but so would your friend and the pilot. Are the lives mean less to you? Or did you lack the foresight to think things through here?" Jester continued with a grin on his face.

"Heres a few more things kids, I've been to Mistral before and have contacts there. So if you are worried about me messing up your home, that already happened before I was even around kid. Next, if you think so little of yourself and you don't want to work with me, then how about you get off the plane instead. I pretty sure I can handle getting the herb. But you may not be mental there enough to do this. Because they I'm seeing it so far is that your suicidal and think that your life means nothing. That doesn't sound like a Huntsman or even a huntsman in training, it sounds like someone who needs mental help." Jester said continuing his rant.

"How about this, if you and your friend here can tell me truthfully that you can get this mission done without either of you dying. But if you have any doubt, I'm staying and making sure the mission gets done. Because unlike what you may think, we may not have time to send another group of people out to get the herb just because you got yourself and your team killed." Jester finished, now waiting for a response.

Rose Twins & Bora

@Tags: Brinni Brinni IG42 IG42 ChazGhost ChazGhost
"It's good to be back, Culpeo," Summer smiled over to him once she heard him, "I was never the type to just sit around and let others have all the fun."

Phoenix rolled his eyes at the reminder of all the times his sister had dragged him out with her, "From what you guys are saying, we should start heading out as soon as possible. What's the game plan with how the party is getting split or are we sticking together?" He looked over to Cherry and Forest as they seemed to be the ones that have a plan in mind for the mission. Bora stepped off to the side allowing Cherry to speak up. She had the twins cover the spaces she missed when she had met up with them, but the only thing they knew was that they were all here in Vacuo to talk to a professor in Shade on how to cure the people of Vale.

"We only got to hear that you guys had left to Vacuo days before we got the news," Summer announced tot he group, "So what was it that you guys learned from this Professor you went to talk to?"

Iris
Brinni Brinni KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint ChazGhost ChazGhost

For most on the airships a mixture of rage, resolve, and fortitude towards the cause fueled the students. Not long ago all of the people on the airships, the warriors to 'save the world', were just students. It seemed the pressure of a lack of knowledge and experience for the war to come only rested on Iris' shoulder, the embodiment of anxiety was reaching the full extent of her fears. Moving to Beacon was a first step for a social inept, but Iris had put herself in a whole different level of stress that could not continue to be squelched by the tiniest fire of fight inside of her. However, Saffron could see what Iris couldn't; using the journey as a time to describe to her the world. Most of the details from the world came from Saffron, who in their childhood found any reason to talk. Iris focused on both the scenery being provided to her as well as the nostalgia it brought with it to make it through the ride.

Not being able to see had advantages, which Iris used often. The most obvious was despite being a huntress in training, most didn't look for too much from her and Iris expected the same from herself. Thus she stayed silent during the meeting, the who says, and the mission assignments. It wasn't a question of the mission as to where Saffron was going and I think everyone around her had gathered that as well; how each determined her worth on the mission she could only imagine. Once again though Saffron brought Iris to a more comfortable place, the ship heading for their home. Even with the Clown, heading to home gave Iris the reprieve to straighten herself for the walk over to the ship. "Ok." Iris would bow to Culpeo before following Saffron, her heels making a noticeable click as they move across the landing zone.

As they did a voice called out, new figures joining the group with embraces. Iris couldn't make out their exact features from this distance, but couldn't miss the weapon folded on one of their backs. Raising her hand, Iris stalled on calling out to Phoenix, but hope he saw the wave. And that it was Phoenix, that would also help. Following a few moments behind Saffron, she joined in the seat next to him in time for the janitor to probe with a snide question. Iris didn't hide the blush forming on her fair skin, her leg bouncing from nerves and a need to see closer. More details filled in about the appearances shown by the two, Iris filling in her picture of the man as he described himself. Both in sync created quite the thoughts about the stranger in front of them, Iris most likely finding him guilty of many worse things than he's done; the void of her consciousness for him allowing her to fill the questions about him.

While the man in front of them dripped dread and a lack of fear due to embodying it, Saffron answered with equal amounts of confidence and power. Iris felt underwhelmed compared to the two, her body showing this as she crossed her arms as the two debated. However as Saffron delivered his promise, Iris clumsily placed her hand on her hilts. A mean face is a bit overstating it, but Iris kept her eyes on his vibrations as well as waiting for Saffron to move. As he leaned back with control of the situation, it only made Iris the closest to the stranger and only tenser. Even so Iris felt the eyes of Saffron on him, studying his vibrations a moment before nodding in assurance.

The threat wasn't enough to convince him to leave, Iris' intimidation probably not to help of that. Even so, the deal was almost a worse outcome for the two. In a fight Saffron could beat the stranger here with no issue, especially with her summons. However even blind Iris understood this question was more so to her over Saffron. "Um," Iris kept her hands on her hilts, even if the grip left much to be desired. Slipping her thumb into her fist Iris took a deep breath before laying her hands on her thighs, looking to the janitor. "Whether you're worried about the mission or the payment from it," Iris nodded, "We don't need you in Mistral." The composure was an obvious facade, but she kept her body rigged and upright. Both hands sat in a fist, the knuckles white as the tension to be a voice here spreading throughout. That was all Iris could get out with the stranger there, waiting for him to leave before dropping her stance.

Culpeo Albain

@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 xAlter xAlter ChazGhost ChazGhost

Flushing a tiny a bit Culpeo returned Summer's smile with a bright one of his own. "Well if everyone stayed safe all the time nothing would ever get done." Turning his attention to Phoenix's question he took on a more serious tone. "The professor told us that he had devised a cure that will return those transformed into Grimm to normal that can even weaken normal Grimm, problem is there are three different ingredients located in different parts of Remnant, one on the western part of Vacuo, one in Mistral and the last in Menagerie." He waved a hand toward the motley group they had formed before the twins arrival. "We were planning on heading to Menagerie together."

Slate
Brinni Brinni ChazGhost ChazGhost The Prophet The Prophet

Slate waited on the tarmac next to Cherry, the groups still dividing themselves into teams. Summer, Phoenix, and Bora showing up made that process a bit more emotional; the realization of fresh welcomes about to be eclipsed by the departures soon to come. Slate nodded to Bora, but knew any interaction he'd have wouldn't be as desired as Cherry's. Team BASL joined them at their ship, Akashi rocking it as he jumped into the back seats. Slate stepped out and to the back of the large group, allowing Cherry to deal with the rest of the mission members. She seemed happy to see Akashi, a useful distraction from being disappointed in him. With the moment Slate moved over to the large group heading to Menagerie and turned his brother away from the group, "Hey, before you go,"

Slate took a case out of his bag, a metal case about the size of a large book. "Dust from my rounds, in case you need more on the mission. You were always more creative with it anyways." Holding it out Slate added a roll of loose bills on top of it, as if to tempt the croc to take both without arguing. "Just in case you find a pocket you can't reach." Slate tried to grin, but the bags under his eyes and horrible dialogue left his mind elsewhere.

Saffron, Cherry Forest

Nearby: Everyone (hence the tags)
@Tags: ChazGhost ChazGhost The Prophet The Prophet xAlter xAlter Hibiscus Hibiscus KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint IG42 IG42 LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87
Saffron put a hand on Iris's shoulder to steady her as she spoke. He knew she wasn't like him, able to put the fears and doubts aside for the sake of a brave face. Which is exactly what he did when speaking with Jester. Contrary to the words and his demeanor, Saffron had no desire to die on this trip nor bring down the ship. But his years being trained to be a village headman, on top of his time in the Trials in Mistral had taught him how to embody what he was saying, even if he didn't believe it. Something he begrudgingly, and silently thanked and cursed Tyrian for teaching him. By the Twins I hate that man. "You've heard her. Out. And for what it's worth, good luck on whichever other ingredient you want to go for." As he watched Jester get off the ship he let go of the tension he wasn't aware he was holding. He gave Iris's shoulder a squeeze "Well done, Echo. We'll make a proper Huntress out of you yet" he teased lightly.

Forest watched the students gathering and chatting. He noted that Cherry seemed fond of Akashi and that it seemed to be reciprocated. He also noticed the jealous flash that crossed Slate's face when he noticed it too. Interesting. Something to watch out for on the road. It might cause trouble. "I think we should get going sooner rather than later. I would actually love to go back to school" he said, probably a bit louder than necessary, his voice carrying across the tarmac. Every second we waste is another second our enemies can get the drop on us.

Cherry, agreeing with Forest that it was time to head out, hopped into the vehicle and took the seat next to Akashi. Slate's twinge of jealousy went unnoticed by her as she did so, but every so often her eyes would flick back to him in an attempt to silently urge him to warn their group of the other dangers they might face besides the plant and whatever the Executioner may or may not have in store if it was actually him/her that walked into the professor's laboratory. "Hey Akashi...I've only ever heard Orion refer to you as "Snake" and when the year started people really seemed to hate you because of who your dad was, not that I really know much about all that. I was raised mostly ignorant of what happened a few decades ago. Even now some of our classmates give you looks like it'd be better if you jumped out of an airship without a parachute. But you seem as unbothered as you can be with all that. How does that not bother you? Sorry if it's rude...I just...can't imagine what it'd be like in your position, but not be bothered by it."

Rose Twins & Bora

@Tags: Brinni Brinni IG42 IG42 ChazGhost ChazGhost Hibiscus Hibiscus IG42 IG42 xAlter xAlter

"Guess that's all we are getting," Summer joked, smiling at the rest of the group. Phoenix's lip turned up slightly but returned to his normal look as he nodded, "I'll head over to Menagerie." Bora was already walking over to the vehicle with her team and settling on the first open seat she saw. She looks over to the twins and smile, "Thanks for dragging me along when you guys found me. I would have still been going crazy looking for any signs of my family in Vale." Summer's smile grew broader as she called out, "Don't mention it. As for you." Summer linked her arms with her twin as she began to drag him toward the airship to Mistral, "You are sticking with me and Iris. It seems like she is expecting to see you."

Phoenix looked over to the airship to notice Iris' hand before she quickly entered it. "Alright," he smirked, "Let's go and do this before mom gets to us first." Summer's smile faltered at the thought of an angry Ruby as she began to pick up her pace to get inside the airship where she could essentially hide. Phoenix looked back to everyone that was still on the landing bay for a moment before turning back to follow his twin into the airship, bound to Mistral. The twins paused at the entrance as they head the last bit of the conversation that happened during our way over. Phoenix tried to not show anything, but he was clearly not happy to see Jester even here. Then again the last and first time he saw him he was going off what Skylar had told him.

Summer stepped forward cautiously and asked, "Everything okay in here?" Phoenix pulled her back to him as he whispered to her, "Best you just stay out of this. This is Saffron's business more than ours." Looking up at her brother and raising an eyebrow at him, he didn't answer her silent question on how he would even know that but just decided to nod. Summer knew where to overstep her boundaries and sometimes she needed to be leashed from crossing them.

Onyx Belladonna
Vacuo

Onyx had once more zoned out, not fully paying attention to the world around her as she got lost in her thoughts, snapping out of it after the Rose twins left for the Mistral ship. "Ahm..." She said at first, getting her bearings. "Right. Is everyone here? Good to go for Menagerie?" She asked, stamping her staff to the ground with a thump to get the attention of her group.

Jester

Nearby: Saffron, Iris, and the Rose Twins
@Tags: Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Jester gave a sigh as he got his answer. He of course still doubt the kids before could get the job done but he said he'd leave if they could say they wouldn't die without him. Though as grabbed his bags he realized the bird himself didn't answer the question. But Jester just shrugged off the thought for the moment be fore heading off the plane. On his way out he encountered two red-haired the kids, the Rose twins if he remembered correctly. "I wish you fire flowers the best of the luck with the self-denial suicidal bird," Jester commented as he walked past the twins.

Once off the plane, he looked at the other teams forming. Neither seemed promising. One side was to stay in the kingdom with a man who could read Jester's thoughts, something he preferred not to happen or go Menagerie, a kingdom he didn't care much for and more preferred to stay away from. So Jester looked back to the ship he got off and thought for a moment. "They idiot didn't say he wouldn't get himself killed himself, didn't he..." Jester said smirking as he began sneaking his way to the back of the plane where cargo was getting loaded on. Once the men where almost done Jester snuck into the cargo hold and hid behind crates. "At least I have some friends in Mistral to get me out of a jam if things turn bad" Jester said set up a paint bomb close to him that was connected to a dead man switch. So if he needed to he could bluff his way out.

Croc

Nearby: Slate
@Tags: Hibiscus Hibiscus
Bruno had already gotten on the plane, while Croc was waiting for the other to get on as well. He considered joining in the conversation but decided the others were handling things just fine. Then Croc brother, Slate came over and took Croc to side. He was handed a metal case with dust rounds inside and some money on top. "Thank you for the case and for admitting that I am..." Croc said before getting a good look at his brother. "...Are you going to be okay? You like you in a pretty bad shape man." Croc said concerned for his brother. "Looks if you want, you can join us on a mission. I'll have your back and Bruno is trustworthy as you get in a friend and teammate." Croc asked his brother worried it would okay to go on a possibly dangerous mission like these.

Saffron

Nearby: Rose Twins, Iris
@Tags: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Hibiscus Hibiscus

Saffron sighed inwardly. You'd think a supposed mercenary would know there's never a 100% guarantee on a mission. Whatever. At least he's gone. He looked up as he heard footsteps on the walkway. Looking up he saw the two Rose twins. He nodded at Phoenix. While he didn't know the man he respected him. His martial skill was impressive and Saffron still didn't know what Phoenix's Semblance was. Keeps his cards to his chest. Smart.

The fairer of the twins, Saffron knew what Summer could do, he'd experience her Semblance first hand. Saffron thought of when he'd first learned of her Semblance. It had been the night of that party that BRSS had put on. Before everything went to hell He hadn't really talked much with her since their dance a few months ago, the first time he let his facade slip. Shaking the thoughts away he shrugged. "Getting rid of some unwanted and unnecessary baggage" he replied simply.

Akashi Taurus
Nearby: everyone
@Tags: not working add later
Akashi watched as everyone welcomed back the twins, even offering his own greeting in the form of a dramatic wave before watching the group's interactions as they slowly got to their transport. It was pretty nice like this; like they were simply going on a training mission and not a deadly venture across Remnant to secure ingredients needed to save a whole Kingdom. But I guess you can't leave easy mode on the whole time. "Well, I'm pretty sure we'll be driving a while, so I guess I'll get comfortable." Akashi saying as he sat back down, stretching a little. Smiling as Cherry came to sit, offering a " ‘Elo!".

"Why?" Akashi asked himself in response to Cherry's question; he never expected someone would ask him a question he'd asked himself so many times before. " Orion doesn't mean too much behind snake anymore, it's fine. And well I guess it's because I deserve it. Like, you think about it, my dad done a lot of shit. Killed, maimed, robbed, and so much more I'd be talking for ages. So much most of the world hates him. So when the direct ascendant comes knocking, it's like passing on the torch. To be fair, I was kind of an ass when I came here. Had a god complex and everything. Obviously not now, but now I have to deal with the consequences of that. So I just let people treat me how they want. It sucks, but here's hoping That I can do enough good to eventually balance out my father's bad and my past enough that people at least find me acceptable. Until then I just have to redeem and repent." He spilled, looking a little lighter with it out in the air. Looking around, he tacked on, "But obviously I won't let it get me down! You guys would be so lost without me!" Akashi laughed, smiling. Stuff like this is why he was glad he wasn't with his dad still. He was so much better off here with the few he could consider friends.

Slate/Zenith
ChazGhost ChazGhost Brinni Brinni

I should tell him. Arm still outstretched Slate caught his group as they finished loading up into the vehicle, the rest of the teams beginning to head into their various rides. At this point he could see his group waiting, Zenith not hiding his distaste of the situation with a glare; but his eyes softened after a moment of watching the exchange. Slate's eyes moved back to Croc as he took the items from his hands. "I'm fine, just missing a few hours of sleep is all." Slate assured Croc, tucking his hand after a dismissive wave. The worry Croc showed made Slate hurt, his purple eye losing its color and fading to grey as he spoke. "No, I should stay here." He paused, a tired grin forming as he teased, "Plus I think you can handle one mission without me."

Slate chuckled loosely, but let it die relatively quickly. Standing straight, the elder brother did his best to hide both his exhaustion and worry that played on his face. "Be smart and be careful," Slate nodded, taking one more look of his brother top to bottom. The whole moment was emotional for Slate, both the distance between the two when they both left for their missions, but as well as how unfair it was to have Croc as a brother. The lively pickpocket was a welcome constant in an otherwise cruel process, one that he'd been participating in longer than his company was around. Slate had lied to a lot of people about pretty much anything, as per his previous occupation. Croc wasn't an exception, Slate hiding more about their participation in Mercury's plans and how much blood shed is truthfully shared between the two.

"Just be smart and be careful." Slate paused before giving his brother a small hug, "We need to talk after this. After the missions, okay? It's important, but it can wait." Slate released the hug, only gripping his brother by his shoulders. After a light squeeze and another nod, Slate found himself walking back to the vehicle with mixed emotions. Taking his seat in the back on the opposite side of Cherry, Slate leaned back with intent to escape into his cushioned seat. A deep breath and Slate finally met one of Cherry's knowing glances, "I'll tell them when we get on the road a bit." Slate knocked against the panel, their driver beginning their drive.

Zenith joined the group inside the vehicle, finding seats for him and Forrest opposite of Akashi and Cherry. The whole process was reminiscent of kindergartners trying to go on a field trip with multiple buses, each student embodying an annoying toddler for Zenith. Not just in the time it took to get everyone into their rides, but the twins coming back meant things got emotional fast. Zenith threw his head against the rest behind him, shooting daggers at those that were holding up his ride. However Zenith couldn't hold his grimace against Slate as he would have done the same had it been his brother. With those thoughts Zenith layed his head back and listened to the exchange in the vehicle.

Akashi's answer drew the attention of Zenith, his eye opening just enough to watch the snake as he elaborated. The only other sound was Slate walking to his seat and the subsequent sounds from their transport. It was surprisingly honest, Zenith closing his mouth from a smart retort he had for him. Instead crossing his arms and attempting to get comfy within his seat, he'd let the snake have this one.

Culpeo Albain

@Tags: xAlter xAlter ChazGhost ChazGhost LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Standing in the doorway of the airship Culpeo shuffled impatiently, as much as he had been genuinely pleased to have three more people show up out of the blue he felt there had been enough delays and nodded quickly when Onyx prompted them to get moving. "Ready." He said tersely and took one last look around nodding approvingly to himself when he caught sight of the clown getting off of the airship Saffron was on, that was one less thing to worry about.

Taking a seat he settled in for the long flight and tried to find the most comfortable position to nap in once they were safely in the air. Listening out he could hear that Croc was still talking to his supposed brother, he wasn't sure how that worked but he supposed it wouldn't be fair to judge. "Anything to declare?" He joked to no one in particular

Kaitlyn Carmine, Professor Carmine and Introducing Mrs. Carmine
MAYU.%28VOCALOID%29.full.1497178.jpg
As the car door opened Kaitlyn looked up, expecting her father, only to see some of the Beacon students come in. "Excuse me?" Kaitlyn said a bit unnerved as the first student came in and sat in, then without a word another did too. Who the hell do these kids think they are?! Growling in annoyance as more and more and more arrived. Pounding her fist against the seat angrily she called out. "HEY!!" Looking at all of them she glared at these intruders. "Why are you Beacon kids getting into my car?!"

"Alright is everyone here?" Hearing his daugher call out he turned around and smiled at the kids in the back, "Oh didn't I say? They are coming with us to the house! And you'll be helping them with their mission." He said with a warm chuckle.

"What?! NO! I didn't agree to that!" Kaitlyn said completely ignoring the others around her.

"Come now darling, no one knows the deserts of Vacuo like you." He said as he started the car.

"Actually, yes! Opal and her sister know them way better. I don't want to waste my weekend with these losers! There's no way they'll keep up." She said glaring a bit harder, just thinking about having to deal with these losers who can't even get their school safe.

"I though Opal was volunteering with the rest of your team." He replied tilting his head a bit confused.

"Yeah, but..." Kaitlyn started, but was quickly cut off by her father.

"Consider this your volunteer work. Besides I'm sure Ivy would think you're pretty cool if you helped save the world." He said giving another warm laugh as he looked out and watched the other students leave to their respective airships.

"I- grrr..." Kaitlyn blushed a bright red and sighed falling back into her seat. "Fine. But you'll owe me dad." Crossing her arms and legs angrily she tossed her hair and looked out the window, ignoring the other students. Looking down at her phone she sent off a message to someone on her scroll.
Trainer
them
Going 2 head back now. See you @ home
them
Be Rdy to train
them
Your ass is mine
me
Got it see u there
me
As if! /(>×<)\
me
Hey I can't train over the weekend
me
Some loser beacon kids are here and I'm supposed to keep them from dying in the desert. ╮( ̄~ ̄)╭
them
Ok. I'm skipping dinner then.
them
C u after
me
Good luck
them
U 2

G-XqDQUTjo7OaVWVNNRb9GVmgDv9Outket1a00jksww.png
It took around a hour and a half for the ride through the wide desert expanse of Vacuo. The dusk sky was illuminated with varying shades of orange, with the sun shining as a golden beacon. Even nearing the cool night, the scenery rippled from the waves of heat emanating in their surroundings. The inside of car was a cool contrast to the heat outside. Air conditioned and spacious the Jeep was wide able to hold every student comfortably along with a refrigerator and shelf that holds various refreshments for the hour long journey. Their destination was the Carmine estate, a vast mansion surrounded by the desert. With rich wood beams, plastered walls, beautiful chandeliers, and arched windows give the home a distinctly Spanish feel. A two-way fireplace is the focal point of the spacious great room, while soaring windows give way to views that take your breath away. Abundant patios, a greenhouse and a secluded hot spring area shaded by fruit trees are perfect for relaxation, while a media room, two wet bars, and game room allow for entertainment and health. With of course the Professor's own laboratory for his work and research.

During the entirety of this journey Kaitlyn ignored the others and only moved once to pull out a bottle of water from the refrigerator. The rest of her time was reserved for staring out at the expanse and sneering ever so slightly as the others students spoke. However, as they arrived at the mansion Kaitlyn locked the car doors and faced the group. "Listen to me clearly. Do not interact with Ivy. If you do, I will leave you all to die in the desert." With that she unlocked the doors and stepped out of the car and made her way into the mansion. When the door opened a strange sensation would hit any student who's semblance was always in use.

Professor Carmine watched his daughter step out of the car and then the rest of the students. Giving them a warm smile he waved to them, "You all will rest here for the evening, I'll prepare you all with the necessary gear you'll need on your trip by tomorrow morning. Feel free to enjoy the whole mansion. We have a eight free guest bedrooms at the moment, but they are very spacious and well furnished. I'm sorry I can't accommodate you all any further, but feel free to make yourselves comfortable this evening." The front door opened and a glamorous blonde woman with violet eyes in a elegant black and grey evening gown stepped out.

"Darling is that you? I saw Kaitlyn arrive..." The instant the door to the mansion was opened again and the woman stepped out, all semblances of everyone in the area were instantly terminated. The woman walked over to her husband and smiled at the group of students. "Oh, are these the students from Beacon?" Giving them a polite bow she introduced herself, "I'm Summer Carmine, Victor's wife and Kaitlyn's step-mother. It's nice to meet you all." Looking over to her husband she placed a hand on his chest. "I made arrangements for the spare beds to be brought up. I think there will be enough for everyone in the guest bedrooms on the third floor."

"Excellent! Then the third floor is all yours." Professor Carmine said with a nod.

The woman nodded along with her husband and added, "there's fresh clothes and if you'd like I can have what you're wearing be laundered by tomorrow morning. Dinner will be ready in a hour. It will be a buffet style! I should go check on the state of the roasts and desserts. If you'd excuse me." With that Mrs. Carmine turned and hopped up the stairs leading to the mansion, her curls and ruffles jumping along with her as she rushed into the mansion and to a right towards the kitchen.

Professor Carmine watched her go, turning back to the students he waved them onward, "Please come on in. It's going to get very cold soon." before taking a few steps of his own.

xAlter xAlter KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint IG42 IG42 ChazGhost ChazGhost LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 The Prophet The Prophet Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus Chak Chak IneedHealing IneedHealing

Last edited:
Akashi Taurus

blazblue-alter-memory-08-031.jpg
Nearby: Vacuo Team
@Tags: Brinni Brinni Hibiscus Hibiscus KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint (hope i didn't miss anyone)
Akashi was awake for most the ride, engaging In conversation where they popped up. Outside of Zenith, Forest, and Cherry, they were joined by two people. Bora Shu Mun and Slate Black seemed cool enough, maybe he could add them to his honorary list of cool people. Only person on this ride he couldn't really get a handle on was the blonde in the front. It was kind of clear she didn't like what was going on, and frankly, he wouldn't like having to suddenly help a group of foreign students on a perilous mission either. I mean, he would, because it sounds fun, but the initial suprise would annoy him. But what can you do? We're saving a Kingdom and restoring inter-kingdom communication. And to do that we need some plants, both of which is found here. Most he could offer was he'd try not to get on her nerves.

When they eventually stopped, he couldn't help but draw similarities to his dad's house. It looked around the same, just add some high walls, guards, and the dreary atmosphere. His father got a place like this to deflect attention, as rich people's houses weren't uncommon in that area of the country. Akashi reached for his bag then went for the door when he heard the click of the door lock. "How am I supposed to not interact with Ivy if I don't know who that is?" He asked out loud after she left the car. Hopping out, Akashi let out a yawn as he stretched out his long sitting body. "Well, I don't care. If I do, I do. How else am I gonna let everyone i meet get a first hand experience of the...Candy King Swordsman? Oh god i like that. You hear that Zenith!? I'm the Candy King Swordsman now, don't forget it!" He joked, laughing in an exaggerated manner.

He was going to continue when he heard the master and mistress of the house greeted them all. "My, they're nice." He remarked, genuinely suprised that people like that could have such a cold daughter. But i guess everybody gets one. Speaking of everybody, "did everyone got their stuff? I've never really been in a desert outside of now, but i do know i won't be outside when it gets cold. I am a snake after all."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back