• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY RP | It's Not the Destination... | CLOSED

BlossomingRosebud

But setting marshmallows on fire is fun
You really didn't see it coming. You were just one of a normal team of first-years, training to be hunters and huntresses at Beacon Academy, when one of your own goes missing, without a trace. Whatever happened to her? Did she run away? Get kidnapped? Whatever it is, there is one thing you do know: she needs help, and whatever it takes, you have to find her... before it's too late.

--

Or so, that's what they think is going to go down. What happens is a crazy wild goose chase all over the world of Remnant! Starting with these three confused first-years who are determined to find their teammate, they are joined by friends--a team of third-years who are concerned about these guys and tag along solely to make sure they don't die. There can be a few more spots open for someone else who tags along, like another student or an adult huntsman/huntress who tries to help--you choose! Idea is, you're just a group trying to go off and find this girl who went missing. You don't know what actually happened to her (me and TheBlackLion, my co-GM, will know), but you're left to conjecture with your character and follow the trail, while ending up on a bunch of side quests along the way.

The setting of the story is Remnant just a few years before the events of canon, but otherwise the same as canon. So, everything's fine and Beacon is un-exploded and stuff, but we still have things like the White Fang and Schnee Dust Company and class divides and just the whole human-faunus thing in general. My idea is that I would like all these things to have a role in this world and the character interactions, but mostly, it gets to be a more lighthearted 'crazy adventure' kind of storyline, with events that have no impact on the grand broader story of the world. And yes, I meant it about the 'sidequests'. Thought it be fun for our crew to keep getting distracted by this or that person who needs help with something. Because...hunters and huntresses help people, do they not? XD

Anyways, feel free to leave your thoughts and suggestions down below! I'll make a signup thread as soon as we have at least four or five people interested.

Hello! Black here. As Rosebud was saying, this is a pretty casual thing we got going. If you have a character in mind, you can go ahead and reserve a team spot for either the first-years or the third-years, though we can get to the actual character sheets later.

Okay, so that's 6 out of 7 of the main spots. (Unless we have someone who wants to be a reoccurring member yet not one of the main two teams.) One more to go!

Alright, awesome! I'll go ahead and make the CS thread! (Sorry I didn't do this sooner; got busy yesterday)

Anyhow, here's the summary so far, with me the TheBlackLion thrown in there:

QUESTERS:
1st years:
-*reserved for SomebodyElse
-*reserved for Lettuce
-*reserved for TheBlackLion

3rd years:
-*reserved for DarknessSama17
-*reserved for AI10100
-*reserved for BlossomingRosebud
-

Other:
-???

Unspecified:
-BFabulous

---
Again, spots in the 'other' category are open if you want to make them! There can also be spots for key side characters along the way, although those we could possibly fill in as we go along. Anyhow, please let me know if there's any reservations you want to make, drop, or change!

Last edited:
Oh, sorry! She corrected me when I was making description for the thread, but I forgot. I suppose I could just edit that, though...

Yeah, sure! As of now, there's another third-year open for the team; you can also choose to make an adult or other lone student who comes along, if you wish.

Could I have the 3rd year spot?

Last edited:
Alrighty then! Well...The Fabulous Emerald just reserved the last spot on the third-year team, but MattS MattS and BFabulous BFabulous , you can feel free to make a student as well, third year or otherwise! Of course, we might be having to adapt depending on who actually goes through with making signups anyways, but this is kind of what I made the "Other" category for--in case more people wanted to join. You can make your own story for how your character gets roped in, you know? Perhaps they were friends as well, or maybe they just really weren't getting along with their teammates and decided to run off solo, hmm? I'm cool with leaving it open

The character I'm planning to use is kind but she doesn't trust people to stick around because death has claimed those close to her. She's a pessimist with a difficulty showing emotions. We also have sadistic ways its the only time she can genuinely show joy without having to force a smile. It would be nice for her to have a friend she does trust wholeheartedly because of their strength and keep her in line

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how come there aren't 2nd year spots?

MattS MattS Well, you see, that's what I meant the 'other' category to be for. The "third-years" just refers to a specific team that joins the first-year team in the premise, but you can make up reasons for other people to join, as well. Like, DarknessSama's character Akiio would technically be in the 'Other' category now, since she's a student whose teammates got killed, but she would have a close friendship with someone else in this group. ( DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 which certainly sounds fun, by the way!)

So yeah, you could definitely make a second-year, if you want to! Sorry for the confusion!

MattS MattS Well, you see, that's what I meant the 'other' category to be for. The "third-years" just refers to a specific team that joins the first-year team in the premise, but you can make up reasons for other people to join, as well. Like, DarknessSama's character Akiio would technically be in the 'Other' category now, since she's a student whose teammates got killed, but she would have a close friendship with someone else in this group. ( DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 which certainly sounds fun, by the way!)

So yeah, you could definitely make a second-year, if you want to! Sorry for the confusion!

Thank u!

The character I'm planning to use is kind but she doesn't trust people to stick around because death has claimed those close to her. She's a pessimist with a difficulty showing emotions. We also have sadistic ways its the only time she can genuinely show joy without having to force a smile. It would be nice for her to have a friend she does trust wholeheartedly because of their strength and keep her in line
oooh, you could be friends with my character. For the most part his shtick is being really down-to-earth(you'll realize the extent of this pun once I post the CS, or I can send you what I already have and we can work out how our histories meet from there)

oooh, you could be friends with my character. For the most part his shtick is being really down-to-earth(you'll realize the extent of this pun once I post the CS, or I can send you what I already have and we can work out how our histories meet from there)

My inbox is open dude 🙌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back