• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY RP anybody? (CLOSED)

Foster

Inheritor
Hey all, I'm still new around here but after binging the latest season of RWBY I can't help but crave a little RP in the world of Remnant. I have no story set in stone just yet but I'm after three like minded individuals to craft one with. I do have some plot lines and ideas but I'll get to that after I see if anybody else is interested. We'll most likely spend at least the start of the RP in beacon and move on from that later, just like in the show. Anyway cheers for giving this a read, feel free to show your interest if this seems like something you'd be into. :)

Just throwing my OC's bio in here so people have an idea of what you'd be roleplaying with.

Name: Foster Lloyd

Height: 5ft 10

Aura colour: Grey.

Kingdom of origin: Atlas.

Physical appearance: Foster is a stocky individual whose frame supports a solid amount of muscle (As is par for the course with any would be huntsman) that makes up for his very average height. He sports a somewhat scruffy hairstyle, his dark brown hair is parted to the left and roughly swept in the same direction. His eyes are a steely grey (Note grey, not silver) and have twin dark rings beneath them, a clear giveaway that he struggles to maintain a solid sleeping pattern. His eyebrows are dark and clearly defined, giving him a somewhat serious looking resting face. Both the young man’s ears and nose are relatively small and unremarkable. A short and neat beard lines his jawline, primarily dark brown but with flecks of ginger here and there. The only scar that’s visible is a small one that takes a chunk out of the arch on his right eyebrow, not a huge amount but it is noticeable to anybody who takes a moment to look at him directly.

Attire: Foster takes a leaf out of the standard RWBY character’s book when it comes to attire, wearing a combination of combat and casual gear. His favourite jacket is a dark navy blue of the aviator variety, complete with a black fur collar. Beneath this he wears a plain black t shirt and a pair of dark grey jeans. On his feet he usually dons a pair of black combat boots with grey laces. To complete his outfit is a grey baseball cap that sport his personal emblem on the front (I’ll have to draw it but it’s essentially a spiked ball with a devilish face on it.). Metal plates are implemented into this outfit on the shoulders of his jacket, his elbows, and knees of his jeans. His hat also conceals a polarised gold visor that can slide down to protect the wearers eyes when be.

Personality: Foster is an antisocial lad who is brimming with sarcasm and stubbornness. It isn’t necessarily that he dislikes people, it’s just that he has no idea how to initiate a friendship and is easily overwhelmed by high energy individuals at first. He enjoys having time to himself and staying out of the limelight, but is down to enjoy himself with those he considers friends. Never afraid to speak his mind, Foster often finds himself at the centre of a conflict that could have been avoided if only he had a little more tact. He builds strong bonds with small circle of individuals he grows close to and is fiercely loyal. Although he may come across as quite cynical at times he is genuinely a nice guy and tries to follow what he considers a good set of morals whenever possible. Some of the better aspects of his personality are his ability to keep a level head in times of stress, his patience and how quick he is to think on his feet. On the other hand he has been known to bottle up emotions and put too much weight on his own shoulders instead of confiding in others.

History: Born in the isolated town of Stonehill on the borders of the great Atlas Empire to Alice and Drake Lloyd, Foster was placed on the path of a huntsman from a very early age. In fact he was often told it was his destiny. Whilst that was up for debate it was certainly in his bloodline. His mother’s side of family had been the resident Huntsman of Stonehill for generations, the only defence the rural town had against the semi frequent Grimm attacks that plagued it. His father was a little less inclined towards the slaughtering of Grimm, in fact he made a living by studying the beasts and writing his findings down in a kind of Grimm pocket-guide. Alice and Drake actually met because Drake hired his wife to be as protection whilst out on one of his research expeditions. Since the age of 4 Foster and his younger sister Lumous have been raised by their grandfather as their parents left on a gruelling trip to navigate the globe and document every kind of Grimm they can find. Their Grandfather (Asher Lloyd) was a stern but fair guardian to the kids and raised them as his own, moulding them into the future warriors that Stonehill would require when he finally retired. Foster and Asher would begin to clash more and more frequently as he got older, particularly about the subject of Foster remaining at Stonehill. He had aspirations of leaving this place behind and making a difference across Remnant. Despite their disputes Asher respected his grandson’s resolve and eventually cave, allowing him to attend Beacon Academy when he came of age.

Weapon: Scarlet Basilisk and Greyscale. Scarlet Basilisk is Foster’s primary weapon, a mace, flail, flamethrower, grappling hook combo. Yeah I know that’s a mouthful. Its standard form is that of a mace, tipped with a spiked ball. The handle of the weapon is about 12 inches long. The spikes on the head of the weapon are actually hollow and are capable of producing powerful flames when the wielder pulls a trigger on the handle. The head of Scarlet Basilisk can also extend out on a chain like extension that has surprising reach, easily about 10 meters (Just gonna use RWBY weapon logic to explain that one XD ) which effectively turns the weapon into a flaming flail. With one last trick up its sleeve the Basilisk’s head can open up into 4 claw like sections and double as a grappling hook. Greyscale is the name of the relatively small shield that is mounted to Foster’s forearm when he goes into battle. A snake scale pattern has been lovingly etched into the shield which is also his main ranged firearm. Where the shield reaches its smallest point (Its kite shipped with the smallest section pointing towards the wrist) 2 barrels protrude slightly, revealing that this kit isn’t entirely defensive in nature. It can fire in semi or fully automatic and launches hard hitting medium calibre rounds.

Semblance: Fortitude- Foster can temporarily supercharge his defences and weight. He takes on a silvery metallic hue and becomes incredibly heavy and resilient to attack. The downside to this is that his agility takes a heavy hit whilst his semblance is active.

Family: Alice Lloyd (Huntress, Mother, Alive), Drake Lloyd (Grimm researcher, Father, Alive), Asher Lloyd (Huntsman, Grandfather, Alive) and Lumous Lloyd (Student, Younger sister, Alive).

BrokenRemedy BrokenRemedy (Here you go, as I said it aint much yet but I have high hopes :) )

Obviously I'm interested. If you need any help leading the roleplay, let me know. I'm sure you have amazing ideas as well. I'm 100% here for this, and I hope you get interest!

I'm casually interested. I assume that this is going to be a balance of combat and character development?

Why not? Love a good RWBY roleplay. If you need help with the story or putting the lot together, let me know, i've got ideas.

Well I'm a little new and a little late so I understand if I'm unwanted here but I'm quite interested. I have an old character that I was planning to use on another forum a year ago but ended up scrapping, mainly because of stat overload needed to create a single character, but I still have him ready if you accept me.

Right this blew up faster than I had expected XD

To answer vode635 vode635 's question yes they'll hopefully be a nice even distribution of content with time for character development as well as Grimm slaying.

In regards to everyone else I'll be operating on a first come, first serve kind of basis primarily with 8 total spots up for grabs (Two teams sounds fine to me). You'll have to excuse this next part I'm not terribly used to this website yet, so instead of me creating a separate thread for such things I'd appreciate it if you'd post your character drafts in here so I can get a feel for how experienced you all are :)

The only rules I have for character creation are that we try to have no overlap when it comes to weapons, semblances or colours. Obviously there might be some and there's no reason two people can't have swords for example as long as they each have something that makes them a little special. It might sound like I'm being a little picky but I've seen RWBY rps where this is a real issue in the past XD For colours I'm less concerned, different variations of the same colour is perfectly fine. Oh and you don't have to base your character off a fairytale, that's entirely up to you.

I think that's everything I need to say there... once we get character drafts up I'll move discussion to a discord server if everyone is fine with that? Anyway cheers for sticking with this unnecessarily long response, I look forward to seeing your characters!

Alright sounds good! Just for clarity, you get one of the 8 spots by posting a character bio, right? Or did I misread that?

IRIS VIOLETTA
V04kepS.png

• Name: Iris Violetta
    Race: Grey cat Faunus
    Height: 5'3"
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Aura Colour: (Lilac) Purple
    Nationality: Originally Mistral, but has been living in Vale for 7 years.

Last edited:
Don't mind me... I'm just here.. grabbing pieces of information that I think is important to make a character sheet...

Name: Phoenix Roule
Species: Human
Semblance: Blood Manipulation, phoenix can manipulate the blood inside her body at will, forming it into objects at the cost of hurting herself. This can be a useful diverse ability but is a very limited and risky ability, she can generally create objects like walls or projectiles out of her blood, while also forming extra limb-like appendages. However using this semblance costs the blood used, which means it's very limited.
Appearance:
Phoenix.jpg
Weapon Name: Sorrow
Phoenix carries a knife that can transform into a pistol. Capable of firing both dust rounds or regular bullets. While not the flashiest or most powerful weapon offensively, it is both light and effective, being a simplistic weapon means it is no pain to carry around and is reliable.

Fighting Style: Phoenix is a very efficient fighter, with a very militaristic fighting style of grapples, parrys, and takedowns while throwing punches and aiming down enemies with her pistol. She often does things like combat rolls or leg takedowns. Unlike most fighters who prefer flashyness or high mobility or pure destructive behaviors, Phoenix prefers to end fights as quickly as possible with minimum risk involved. This leads her to be a very deadly and effective fighter.

Backstory: Phoenix grew up in the criminal underworld of vale, due to her father being a crimelord, she generally served as his partner and apprentice, often carrying out heists or assaults on her own. At age 11, her father had grown sick of cancer and shortly after died, leaving a hole inside the criminal world. This resulted in her crime organization falling apart despite tries to organize and keep things together. She spent a while moving from place to place, visiting different kingdoms and eventually deciding to join a combat school after deciding that remaining a criminal wasn't a great idea.
At age 15 she has graduated her combat school and aims to be join a huntsman academy and eventually becoming a huntress.

Name: Amaranth "Amy" Piekna

Height: 5'3

Aura Color: Light Pink

Kingdom of Origin: Atlas but moved to Vale when she was young

Physical Appearance:
amy.png

Attire: Combat-
amy123.jpg

Personality: Amy is friendly and kind to everyone regardless of who they are, she dislikes seeing someone in pain or upset and will go out of her way to get to know them better. Beneath kindness however is a hidden anxiety and sadness, after talking with someone she has a tendency to replay the conversation on repeat while stressing over all the mistakes she made. Amy makes an effort to be upbeat and positive with other people to try and keep away her own weariness. She has a hard time waking up in the morning and requires copious amounts of caffeine throughout the day. Despite her best efforts she still sometimes has depressive episodes where she holes up in her room.

History: Amy was born in Atlas, the youngest of four girls, to a wealthy family. When she was a child she wanted for nothing, or perhaps the one thing she craved was for her parents affection but her sisters did their best to fill that void. Things followed a certain rhythm for most of her childhood, however that all changed when it was revealed her mother was having an affair with a faunas from the a poorer district. While it wasn't the fact she was having an affair that angered her father, what enraged him was the fact it was with a female faunas. Needless to say Amy's parents got a divorce and when it came to where the girls would go her oldest sister made the ultimate decision. They would go and live with their mother, their father decided to cut his losses and publicly renounce his children and even went so far as to claim they were not his. Amy's mother and new step-mother took them to Vale where they set to make a new life, her oldest sister abandoned school in order to also get a job and between the three of them pulling in income the odd family carved out a nice life for them all. Amy will never say it out loud but she actually loves the way things turned out, she knows everyone has to work harder but everything feels warmer somehow. Her family knows all about her episodes and it was actually her step mother that taught her how to ride out the episodes as painlessly as possible.

Weapons: A spear taller than her that has a cartridge in the staff to add dust into, the dust goes the length of the staff and goes mostly to the blade. It also acts as a sniper rifle.

Semblance: Nap Time- When activated anybody/grimm Amy is touching will become sedated and sluggish, if the contact is left long enough it will go completely still. It will still be sedated for several moments after contact is broken. However the more worked up the thing is the harder it is to sedate it, the more she sedated Amy becomes. If she does it to many times to a great degree Amy will become unable to move.

Inspired by: sleeping beauty

Attachments

• amy.png
    amy.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I think in retrospect I should have tried to cut out more from my bio... that was maybe a bit too long...probably.

anyways Foster Foster what times would we be doing this/ we should probably sort out timezones because that whole thing can get real complicated, real quick

Well that depends...what timezones are you all in? If they are incredibly conflicting we will just have to go in sequence. That'll limit pace but if that's the case so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back