• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY (OOC, closed)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
@All: As several people have stated already, the notifications appear to not really work that well all the time 😅 maybe everyone can just throw in a look here/in the RP thread from time to time.

Also, if you know in advance that you will not be able to post for some time, please just quickly tell us here in OOC so that the rest does not have to wait and maybe can also pull your char with them ^^

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 : Interesting thing with the semblance! So Spinel randomly hears the thoughts of people around him, or how does that work exactly? o:

Less so what people think, but rather every possible future in which people decide to speak aloud.

Am I allowed to say your semblance is crazy strong, cause it's crazy strong.

It would be, if I hadn't specifically designed it with distinct roadblocks that would otherwise allow it to be. See, his precognition only stretches to ten seconds at most without dedicated focus and dust--expensive dust. As far as manipulating time in the world around him, he is limited to only slowing down time in localized areas. He has the potential to do more, but that isn't without very expensive dust (hard-light dust).

Hmm true enough.
How slow is it though? Is it like Marrow's semblance slow?

Not that far into the canon, unfortunately. What I will give is an example. At his peak, which is not often. Spinel can see all possible futures within ten seconds of him; however, as infinite as that is, he'd have plenty of trouble sifting through the haze of information. Three seconds out, he's narrowed down the possible futures to a common thread. He is shot in the arm. Fixating on that, he manages to avoid it, only to have found that one second and a half after, he is to be shot in the leg. I guess what I'm trying to say is that his cognitive abilities don't extend to the abilities of his semblance. His biggest downfall is the inability to fully utilize his semblance because of the natural limitations of his brain. He can hyperfocus on avoiding one omen, only to be blindsided by the next. If someone is fast enough, they can put out more attacks than he can make preparations for. The best analogy I can think of is in the case of fighting games; you send out your assist, they attack low and you jump in for an overhead. In this situation, no matter where your opponent blocks, they still get hit, because you've covered all their options.

I think you might need to reword the "Complete dominion over time" that statement is very misleading.
Now i'm envisioning a similar scenario to a fight in one of my favourite animes between Raine and Spinel, that could be fun.

By any chance is that power actually what the kid from Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront has? Thats the appearance you've used.

I suppose it might be. Really, my reason for having worded it like that is to allow for the growth of his abilities. It distinctly says 'near supreme', and is immediately followed up with a phrase that distinctly creates a contradiction. Also I'm just being lazy rn.

As for that Kekkai Sensen remark. Leonardo Watch--the main character and the face claim in question--doesn't really see into the future. He does see a lot though, they're called the 'All-Seeing Eyes of the Gods'.

Actually, I did not find your depiction of the semblance to be incredibly OP so far. I especially like that at least in the ballroom scene, it does seem as if hearing all the voices in his head is a hindrance for Spinel rather than helpful if it even prevents him from sleeping.

Regarding HerculePyro's question, without wanting to
there is a char in RWBY who can "freeze" enemies in his sight if they are bunched up, not with ice, but rather prevent them from moving (a bit like in those impro theaters when somebody says freeze and everybody stops moving). For that canon char, his weakness is that he has to point at the target(s), so if he is attacked from several directions, he constantly has to switch back and forth between pointing at the enemies which drains his aura quickly.

It is something of a side character, so i don't think reading it will give away anything important, but it is up to you to read it (: Just breaking it down: Can Spinel completely "remove" someone from the fight by bringing time to a halt around them?

He can, for about 10 seconds. See, he creates spheres in which time is slowed. They're of a fair size, about two people could get caught on occasion; however, it doesn't last long.

Is Ragtime similar to Bayonetta's Witchtime? Sounds like it (such a cool feature^^)
And I think Shulk is able to do something similar with the Monado, but there it's just a definite and single future.

Is Ragtime similar to Bayonetta's Witchtime? Sounds like it (such a cool feature^^)
And I think Shulk is able to do something similar with the Monado, but there it's just a definite and single future.

It's like Witch Time, but he can trigger it from afar and appears as a very definite sphere in the air (for those outside it). If you're inside it, you'll have never known. Because time inside the sphere is slowed, so is the perception of time for those inside it. If you get caught inside, it'll feel less like you slowed down and more like everything else has sped up.

Also, now I'm starting to feel like I'm not the only one playing Xenoblade DE right now.

Y'know, I posted that, then realized I forgot to put his actual weakness in there.

So, the threshold of his abilities is directly linked to his current aura levels, as most semblances are. So, if you managed to get a few unavoidable potshots in, his future vision becomes super blurry and hard to decipher. It doesn't help that has a naturally low aura cap.

Well then, been a while since I checked here, I'm gonna guess that the notifications are being problematic atm

Oooooo, Yakov011001 Yakov011001 I like that semblance weakness, it's interesting and makes sense! Despite Spinal having a super powerful ability, there's so many caveats that it isn't so overpowered in the end. Well done!

Are semblances really affected by how much aura someone has left?
I feel like thats something thats been said by fans but I don't recall it ever coming up in the actual show.

It was neither confirmed nor denied in the show, actually. If I recall it was basically left open to interpretation?

Personally I believe it's a combination of the two. Like how some Semblances are passive and others active, others can rely on aura levels and such.

Are semblances really affected by how much aura someone has left?
I feel like thats something thats been said by fans but I don't recall it ever coming up in the actual show.

Yeah, what Puppernickel Puppernickel said. Mostly on account that some semblances use aura as a power source. Spinel being among the few cases where--despite not using aura for activation--his semblance is affected by his aura levels.

Yeah, what Puppernickel Puppernickel said. Mostly on account that some semblances use aura as a power source. Spinel being among the few cases where--despite not using aura for activation--his semblance is affected by his aura levels.
This actually makes really sense! Qrow's semblance works quite similar! Misfortune is active at all times without draining aura, but according to one of the writers, he can use aura to amplify it.
Also, yes, generally speaking, semblances do use aura. Not sure what you mean by "affected by how much aura someone has left", though, HerculePyro HerculePyro . Do you mean the "strength" of the semblance? I am not sure about that tbh. I always imagined the aura being a fuel tank of sorts. If you have aura left, you can use your semblance, if you haven't, you can't. Even though I imagine some semblances might actually lose potency with decreasing aura levels; I imagine Nora would only be able to absorb weak lightning attacks if she is low on aura, for example 🤔

I have also sent PNs to all players who have not been active for a while and received answers from most (as you can also see in the main thread xD). Yuri has not answered so far, and I only wrote to Toothless today; hopefully they will be active again soon (:

This actually makes really sense! Qrow's semblance works quite similar! Misfortune is active at all times without draining aura, but according to one of the writers, he can use aura to amplify it.
Also, yes, generally speaking, semblances do use aura. Not sure what you mean by "affected by how much aura someone has left", though, HerculePyro HerculePyro . Do you mean the "strength" of the semblance? I am not sure about that tbh. I always imagined the aura being a fuel tank of sorts. If you have aura left, you can use your semblance, if you haven't, you can't. Even though I imagine some semblances might actually lose potency with decreasing aura levels; I imagine Nora would only be able to absorb weak lightning attacks if she is low on aura, for example 🤔

I have also sent PNs to all players who have not been active for a while and received answers from most (as you can also see in the main thread xD). Yuri has not answered so far, and I only wrote to Toothless today; hopefully they will be active again soon (:

I'd hope, it seems like the second I show back up everyone else wants to disappear.

I was already wondering if anybody would actually start an interaction. I think so far everbody is just waiting for everyone else to do that 😅

c29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back