• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY (OOC, closed)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Tbh, I legitimately thought I'd forgotten about this roleplay and checked my notifications and the thread, and then realized I hadn't forgotten. There just wasn't anything happening, and I'm still waiting for a reply . . . .

The way his distortion fields effect him is entirely up to him, as well as his weapons. Though, the same cannot be said for anything else. The reason being because his weapons are infused with a special kind of dust. If that same dust combination were applied to something else, it'd be the same, otherwise, he can only slow things down inside.

I thought his powers were just slowing time in areas and seeing the future... being able to climb them implies they're corporeal.

Well, they're not, but there's a lot more that goes into it than that.

His control of his own body within a sphere allows him to do more than just slow himself inside one, he can also completely freeze himself inside. Knowing this, he makes it so that entering one would freeze him, but since when he makes contact it instantly freezes that part, the rest of the body can't follow. This way, he can stand directly on top of one of his bubbles.

He can do something similar to this with other people, but since he can't completely freeze others like he can himself, in this case they'd slowly sink into it like quicksand.

Quickly wanted to mention that the boss fights are supposed to be very challenging for everyone (; Ignore this if you were either way going to write your chars getting more exhausted and stressed over the process of the fight, but if not, please do; after all, our chars are not even Beacon students yet!

Alright, a short update: I have specifically written to Tessa Heronstairs Tessa Heronstairs who will either upload a post until next Sunday or be kicked out of the RP. I also would like to introduce an official minimum of 1 post per week for everyone. If, after next Sunday, someone does not manage to post something the whole week and also fails to notify me in time, I will also kick that person. I hope you can understand this; I have some ideas for the future of this RP and do not feel in the slightest like letting it die because people are not capable of finding a couple of minutes per week for it. Please tell me if you are not okay with this and want to leave so that I can find replacements; I do hope however that all of you find this measure acceptable; I certainly like our little group of chars.
PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Puppernickel Puppernickel Aleph Null Aleph Null Tessa Heronstairs Tessa Heronstairs HerculePyro HerculePyro

Personally I dont mind such a rule, I think that posting at least once a week makes sense. However, I'm not entirely sure if I'm staying with this RP at this point. I've suddenly gotten a lot of stuff dropped in my lap, and life's gotten a bit more hectic. I'm gonna try and stay here because I am enjoying it, but I will warn that I may end up dropping out in the forceable future due to IRL stuff that's going on.

That is a real pity, but thanks for telling me! If this is the case for anybody else, please do also contact me!

So, as much a pity as it is, I will upload a post inplay to get rid of Clementine. Also as a reminder, from now on, I expect everyone to upload one post per week and to inform me if you cannot do so for once (or rather, I expected this from the beginning, but now I am officially stating this as a rule). And as I already mentioned, please contact me as soon as you know you cannot participate anymore so I can find someone to fill in!
On the other hand, Xcelgamer will be taking Tessa's spot in the RP; I already had a look at Ebony Araignée and liked the char very much!
@former team CISO: If all of you are fine with this, I would switch the position of team leader to my character (I know that I have no intentions of leaving the RP any time soon). I suggest forming team OSEI (Oceanos, Sumire, Ebony, Isern) = Odyssey. Please tell me your opinion on this. Also, Pixel and Panda, in your next post, while you can certainly get some action into the fight, please don't kill the Grimm off just yet to give Ebony an opportunity to also participate and to allow the team in general to get somewhat used to each other.

@team SSCR: Another quick reminder, don't finish your Grimm horde too easily; it should be a visible strain for all applicants! I will also see how your chars deal with the battle as a team; I might redecide on which character to put as your team leader as well if you don't mind (:

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Puppernickel Puppernickel Aleph Null Aleph Null Tessa Heronstairs Tessa Heronstairs HerculePyro HerculePyro Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

My deepest of apologies for not posting at all and holding you back! I've been very busy for a while now and my time has been rather cramped. For that fact, I've talked with Oz a while back and I'm backing out of this game. I just really dont have the time to actually play it.

Being honest, I've been trying to get out a post that takes Sable out of the game for a week now. I'm getting there and should have it by the end of today, but I'm busy enough that I'm not posting once a week. While I really wish I could stay, I simply dont have the time. Barely have the time to properly leave xDD but that's life.

Oh, no, that's sad to hear! Still, personal matters always come first, so I wish you the best of luck with things!

Yeahh, it sucks, but it cant really be helped. If I had the time I would love to stay, but I simply don't ;-; all the same, at least Sable went out with a bang! Do hope that Sumi gets the memento as well....

I did try for the dramatic, I will say. Sable went out giving his team one final show, and helping them take out several Grimm in the process.

Dramatic it was! As a side note, if someone's aura is broken (i.e. they get hurt in combat/bleed), usually this means they cannot use their semblance anymore. This is not to nitpick on Puppernickel's post, btw, just for everybody else to keep in mind for future posts (:

I will reopen the recruitment thread to find a replacement. I also hope that Yakov011001 Yakov011001 posts soon, I would prefer not to have even more people drop out. Of course, on the other side, it might allow for some interesting development of the two teams!

/Edit: At my team, I am waiting for Xcelgamer Xcelgamer 's first post before uploading my own next post (: Also Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Aleph Null Aleph Null HerculePyro HerculePyro as long as you don't run off with your posts and finish the Grimm horde and the whole initiation withing you next posts, you don't have to stop posting because of the missing player! As mentioned, I will see that I find someone, but in the meantime, feel free to go on posting normally! (:

Last edited:
Pretty sure the no aura= no semblance is just an assumption people make. Don't think it's actually confirmed.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 That is not a problem! Just please remember in the future to send me a short message so I don't have to guess who is still active and who isn't ^^

HerculePyro HerculePyro It actually was confirmed in a tumblr post (and I think it makes sense as semblances are fuelled by aura). I will show myself out now; I know I am a nerd :*D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back