• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Into the Vale IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Argent Iuris (Student/Hunter)

Interactions: Gran Mora Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
A little bit of time had passed and the rocking of the Airship started to lull Argent to sleep.
"Are those heavy?"

Opening his eyes and looking in the direction of who spoke. Argent saw a fellow student gesturing to his quills. A flicker of motion drew his eyes downward and he saw this friendly fellow had a fuzzy tail.
Smiling, Argent replied "A smidgeon I be reckonin. Though I've lived my entire life with em So I'm reckonin I'm not the best judge of that. Truth be told though the hardest part is when they get caught on something."

Before he could say anything else another broadcast came across the ship, given how everyone quieted down he deemed this one was probably important. After the Headmaster had given everyone their orders everyone immediately began to move. With this he turned to Gran Mora. "Sounds like this here flight was shorter than anticipated, I should go change and get ready for the initiation. Name's Argent. Hope to see you around!" He said as the crowd of students around them began to shuffle this way and that.

Argent walked down the ramp "What a nice guy!" he said to himself "Oh cow pies! I forgot to ask his name! Oh well, I am certain I'll be seeing him around. Now Where are the locker rooms?"

Argent eventually found himself in the Locker rooms. He was able stuff his duffle and backpack into the locker. While there he took off his binding vest and put on his open backed vest. "THERE WE GOO! WOO WEEE!" he shouted now that his quills could freely breath. He got a couple of glares from the students around him, but he didn't mind it's all dust on the trail now! Argent slipped Arbitrator through a metal ring on his back of his vest so it wasn't mounted to his waist. Argent pulled a couple Bolas and boomerangs out of his bag and tucked them in to several straps all across his body. This was the last of the things he needed to prep, with that out of the way the hour was almost up.

Interactions: Everyone is is here right?
This time unlike the plane Argent wasn't late to the game. Slowly one by one students began to filter in. Argent began to look around and saw several platforms along the cliff side that they were gathering at. As time passed he began looking around seeing some familiar faces from the plane trip over. He attempted to make his way over to them but the Head master and two professors appeared and began to talk to the crowd. "In a short while you are all going to be launched into the forest. You will be using your own landing strategy. You will be heading towards a maze centered in the forest. You will encounter many Grimm along the way. Beowolves, Ursa, Deathstalkers even. Once you arrive at the Maze, you will look for a dust shard scattered across the maze. There are three of them guarded by a Nevermore, a King Taijitu and a Manticore. You and three others will each attempt to obtain one of the three shards. Are there any questions?"

Blazin saddles thought Argent, I expected no less from them to throw us in the quick sand this early and see who sinks and who has enough sense to float! I've never really needed a landing strategy before, Several thoughts began to cross his mind on what to do. Then a voice broke through the silence. "You said we're forming teams, right? How are we doing that by chance? As, I don't think you want us battling these Grimm as a group of twelve..."

That's actually a really good question Argent thought. As he said this he began to look at the platform beneath his feet... The steers began to run in his head. We are going to be launched then that means these platforms are... Oh no!

main-qimg-d46053f959bf5d8bb4644ed44c82fb33

Gran Mora
Male, Faunus (Monkey)
Student/Hunter
Interaction: Dtheraider Dtheraider SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Mineczka Mineczka

Looking at the quills, getting those caught on something probably would be a hassle and a half. Better him than me, though, Gran thought as Argent introduced himself before running off. And he had a funny accent to him. "Gran," but Argent had already started moving and was out of earshot before Gran realized an announcement had been made. "Of course," he shook his head, "Because I just can't get anywhere early enough to have a conversation."

At the launch-site, once luggage had been deposited in the safe area and Gran could retrieve his weapon, Gran was in a pretty good mood. Getting launched into the woods? He would have no problem at all with that. One girl talking drew his attention with a question, though. "You said we're forming teams, right? How are we doing that by chance? As, I don't think you want us battling these Grimm as a group of twelve..."

"Speak for yourself," Gran grinned, stretching his arms above his head to pop joints back to life. Sitting around didn't suit him very much, despite Gran putting the "pro" in "procrastinate" most of the time. "Take it easy, bud, we've got Aura for a reason" he gave Argent a pat on the shoulder, and then put on a pair of aviators on. "This is gonna be fun!" He was already expecting something to the effect of fighting Grimm for the initiation, why anything else for an academy of Grimm Hunters?

Gran knew landing wouldn't be a problem for him. He had at least six ways to stop himself from splatting, off of the top of his head, now he was just trying to figure out which one would be the most fun for the adrenalin junkie monkey. "By the way," he remembered a bit late, "Name's Gran, Gran Mora." He extended a hand to shake towards the porcupine faunus. He looked Argent up and down. "You got a weapon, or do you just shoot quills at your problems?" He could see gauntlets and bolas, and other seemingly one-use only weapons on the man, but considering how fights with Grimm tended to drag on with groups of them, he couldn't imagine Argent had much going for him outside of being incredibly pointy in all directions once those ran out. Maybe he was planning to rely on his team once he reached that point?

For his own weapon, Gran reached back and pulled his war pike off of his back, unfolding it into its primary form. Doing some flips with the chain in the shaft seemed like it would be the most entertaining to him. "Let's make it happen, cap'n!"

(Remaining text)

Yuki Ming

A mass produced weapon? Now that she thought about it there was a girl in her first year course who used something similar to what Geist had, although she switched to another weapon by the time her second year came around. As far as weapons went it was rather simplistic, but that was probably the point. The longer range allowed for a person to keep their distance from their foe, allowing them to control the pace of the battle and change their method of attack if need be. There appeared to be a handguard a little bit down from the axe portion, which could allow for a person to block strikes without risking their hand, but judging from the fact that it was produced for huntsmen there was probably some form of mecha-shifting that could happen.

The bullhead shook a small amount sending a quick wave of dread over Yuki, but that quickly dissipated once Geist announced that they had finally arrived. "Thank the brothers, I never thought I could miss the ground so much." She returned Geist's bow with a quick wave before hurrying off of the bullhead. She had to resist the urge to get down and kiss the ground as she moved with the crowd, hopefully she wouldn't have to get on another bullhead for a long time. An hour to prepare, she should use this time to make sure she had everything prepared. Finding a quietish place to sit down she ran a quick check on all of her equipment. Twilight Piercer was first, inspecting the bow from top to bottom she noted no noticeable defects. Next were her quiver and the arrows. Laying them all out she made a mental note of how many arrows she had, as well as what type they were. Forty arrows in total, twenty-six normal arrows and fourteen dust arrows, seven yellow and the other seven light blue. Her quiver was still intact, hopefully she wouldn't have to rely on it for more arrows, but she had no idea how many she would use, or if she would be able to recover any.

An hour had passed since they had landed, following the large group up to the top of the large cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest. According to the headmaster they were going to be flung into the forest and attempt to find a dust crystal inside some sort of maze. In addition to more common grimm, they'd have to face off against some of the larger ones if they wanted to pass. Yuki hoped that she didn't end up against the taijitu, in addition to being a fast moving ground target having to watch out for attacks from behind would severely limit her options. Hopefully she could get paired with someone more comfortable with melee combat before it came to that. Looking around the crowd Yuki caught sight of Geist, the girl she was talking to on the bullhead. She seemed like she'd make a good partner, although the whole staring bit still kind of creeped her out. There was also that other red head from before, although she didn't really know anything about her.

"Guess I'll have to hope for the best." Taking a position on one of the launch pads Yuki drew her bow and made a quick check to make sure everything was secure. Once she was convinced that everything was in place she drew a single arrow from the quiver and took a deep breath. All she had to do was trust in her training, her skills, and everything that brought her here.

Argent Iuris
Interactions: Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer
& (anyone)

After the initial realization that he was currently standing on a launch pad had taken hold, a familiar voice reached his ears "Take it easy, bud, we've got Aura for a reason" followed by a pat on the shoulder. It was that Friendly Faunus from the plane! "This is gonna be fun!" he exclaimed as he put on pair of sunglasses with decently sized lenses, Argent could see some excitement rising inside of him for the trial to come.

Aura had saved Argent from injuries more times than he could count and knew it wouldn't fail him now. The only fear he had was being the White steer of the crowd if his plan for landing didn't go off right. After all Argent was sure there'd be judgment passed not only on if he completed the initiation, but also how he completed it. Argent began to furrow his brow more thinking of the best way to buck off the competition and he had a pretty good plan on how!

Suddenly a voice brought him back to the present. "By the way, Name's Gran, Gran Mora" He said extending his hand eyeing him up and down, this made Argent feel a little uneasy being sized up so early on. Argent decided then that sometimes you gotta be the biggest bull to lead the herd. "Argent" he replied as he reach out and shook his hand pouring an excess amount of strength, upon hands making contact Argent couldn't help himself and siphoned a little aura. With it came a feeling of excitement and content but something felt tense just beneath the surface. All in all Gran would be an excellent person to ride the trails with.

"You got a weapon, or do you just shoot quills at your problems?" Asked Gran. With this he reached back and pulled a spear with a long blade off of his back, suddenly out of the butt came a chain covered in blades. With this Gran began to twirl his weapon in several smooth arcs putting on a small show not intended to impress but rather to entertain and pass the time. "Who needs a weapon when you've got guns like these!" Argent began to flex showing off his biceps and attempted to ruffle his quills. Argent held it briefly before breaking into laughter. "Nah Gran, in all seriousness I've spent a fair degree of my life wrestlin and tying down Grimm and cattle alike with a rope and lasso. For the most part what you see is what you get!" With this Argent opened his arms showing off his collection of boomerangs, a few bolas at his belt and the palms of his gauntlets. Argent did a little twirl to also show off Arbitrator as well. Arbitrator compared to Gran's weapon was a simple piece of steel but it did exactly what it needed to.

Now in an attempt to follow up with showing off his weapons he grabbed three boomerangs in one hand, spread them slightly and threw them out off the cliff. They flew outward rising up some, appeared to slow down, then began to return. Unfortunately argent forgot he only had two hands to catch with. He's juggled boomerangs in the air before, but that's a little easier to do with staggered throws and using his gravarangs. Argent caught one and two no problem but realized too late the problem was number three... "CATCH!" he yelled into the crowd hoping someone would, but also certain might nail an unsuspecting classmate. All Argent could do was smile awkwardly at Gran and wonder whether he should feign not throwing it or own up to it and come clean to who ever came forward.

(Anyone feel free to have a boomerang drop in!)

"You will all be forming teams with the first person you land with. You'll make your way to one of the shards with another individual." Merlin responded. Most of the students either seemed ready or simply had the same question about teams.
"With that being said, I'm afraid we're running out of time here, so please brace yourself for launch. We will be monitoring you all as you complete your task."
Merlin pulled out a scroll and began sequencing the land pads. Each student began being launched right after another, being launched into the forest.

Korin prepared herself for her own launch and when she did she was thrown into the forest. She flew across the trees with Red Valkyrie in DMR mode on her back before beginning to fall closer towards the ground. Grabbing Red Valkyrie from her back she switched it into Naginata mode and threw it down onto the forest floor. Using her semblance she safely teleported to the spear before pulling it up and switching it back to a DMR, moving on tactically while keeping her weapon ready to fire.

Groups:
Gran Mora and Aurelian Maximus

Isern Ellengaest and North Starr

Allium Clematis and Fang Hua Lian

Arséne Arcueid and Yuki Meng

Korin Redstar and Argent Luris

Geist Grauwolke and Eis Sturm

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer Mineczka Mineczka YeetBooi YeetBooi
@Arcus simj26 simj26 Keidivh Keidivh @RayneIlStorm Soviet Panda Soviet Panda leonhardt231 leonhardt231 @Endless_Stars Dtheraider Dtheraider Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

1604066020258.png
Gran Mora
Male, Faunus (Monkey)
Student/Hunter
Interaction/Mention: Dtheraider Dtheraider SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

"Oh, that ain't good," Gran whirled around as the boomerang flew around, "Duck," he pointed the butt of he spear and aimed, firing the chain out to catch and pull the boomerang back before it hurt someone. He was probably going to get yelled at for that, but what was more important? Being on the launchpad when he was flung into the woods to determine if he was qualified for his future plans, or not getting shouted at for discharging his weapon to save another student from Argent's lack of foresight in that instance. "You gotta be careful, man," he said, handing the boomerang back to the porcupine faunus. "If you're gonna show off, make sure in advance you can actually pull off what you're trying to do."

Satisfied that a potential crisis had been averted, Gran only caught the tale end of the headmistress's explanation. Something something, eye contact, something, something teams, something something artifact, something something launch. "Bring it," he adjusted his shades and rolled his shoulders. Once the lock on his platform disengaged and catapulted Gran into the sky over the woods, Gran gave a loud "WHOO!", and rode the wave of adrenalin until he reached the apex of his launch. As he approached the peak, he was transforming Bleeding Maelstrom into its secondary form, the twin scythes, before tucking his limbs in to reduce drag like a falcon as he dove out of the air into the woods. With a swing of his weapons, he hooked one of his scythes on a tree limb and used his foot on the other to keep a grip and swung to redirect his fall, doing a flip as he landed on another tree limb near the top of the canopy and retracted his weapon.

Now he just had to find someone, find the doohickey, and get to the exit. Couldn't be too hard, right?

Eis Sturm

1604075657874.png
Interactions: simj26 simj26

The flight towards Beacon had not been a smooth ride so far for Eis, who spent much of her time playing on her ukulele. Meeting new people was difficult enough in usual circumstances, an issue that was only compounded when she found herself stuck in an airship filled to the brim with all manner of strangers. In some ways it was more terrifying than dealing with Grimm, or even her mentor. Alright, he's still a bit scarier than this. Eis chuckled to herself as she continued to play, hoping this journey would end soon. The fox had already tried to make some new friends, and so far it hadn't gone quite as well as she had hoped. In fact it went quite worse than she had anticipated.

Being a ship filled with prospective Huntsmen, it was no surprise to find that everyone was quite preoccupied with showing off their various weapons, modifications, semblances and so on. Naturally Eis couldn't contain her enthusiasm and quickly joined in. While not skilled in the arts of socialization, she certainly had an enthusiasm for it. Rushing forward to an unsuspecting group, she proudly and loudly showed off her own beauties, the Wütend Krallen. It went fairly well at first, everyone quite impressed by the craftsmanship of the gauntlets, it wasn't often someone brought a hand-me-down weapon of such exquisite make. This awe quickly turned to annoyance as Eis decided it would be a good idea to show just how sharp they are, slicing them through a nearby pole. It cut clean through. It also cut clean through the thermos of the guy standing on the other side of it. With the glares of the now more soggy students following her, and a few lien lighter, Eis slunk away to a secluded corner of the ship. At least Schatten wasn't here to see this.

Her strumming only stopped for a moment when her ears picked up the news about recent Dust robberies in the Kingdom. The sudden spike in criminal activity had been a growing concern as of late it seemed, as Schatten had been spending a great deal more time in the city itself rather than the outskirts. Naturally he didn't share anything with his ward, never being one to disclose a secret. Or anything for that matter. He's been my mentor for years now and he still won't tell me his last name!

Little time was given to this concern however as the airship had finally landed. Within the blink of an eye the wolf was gone, creating a gust to follow her that nearly swept a few students of their feet. "Oh thank Essence, people really aren't meant to fly. I mean if we were, we'd have wings right?" She said to no one in particular before realizing who she was in the presence of, the Headmaster herself. Just don't dump soup on her, you can manage that! She gave herself a reassuring nod, although she felt a shiver run up her spine when a student with a thermos stood next to her. Her dread was interrupted thankfully by a wild boomerang that flew past her head, a small yelp emitting from the fox.

Finally though she had made it, without being knocked unconscious or spilling yet further soup. Initiation. Butterflies raged in her stomach as they began their approach to the Emerald Forest, it felt as if she had floated over towards the cliff. This was what all these years of training had been leading up to. The opportunity to stand upon the edge of this cliff, to prove herself worthy of being a Huntress. "I'm ready... Wait, what does she mean by lau-AHHHHHHHHH!"

This screaming lasted for some time as Eis found herself being hurtled through the air. "Schatten, you said we were going to jump! DECEIVER!" Of course it was to be expected with him, Schatten never liked to make things easy. "An easy life does not a Huntress make." Giggling to herself, Eis unleased her Wütend Krallen once more, diving headlong into the forest with incredible speed. The laughs of the fox could be heard the whole way down, relishing in the feeling of the air rushing around her as she plummeted. This was so much better than just jumping off! As she neared the ground Eis' semblance manifested, a sudden gust allowing her to blunt her impact as she rolled onto the ground. Popping up she couldn't help but give a small whoop of excitement. Now all's she had to do was find a partner!

"... Ugh, I hope they don't have a thermos." With that, Eis began rushing through the woods at breakneck speed, her excitement unable to be brought down even at the thought of having a teammate to get along with. Ah come on Eis, you've already made a fool of yourself once today, what're the odds of that happening again?

Attachments

• 1604075657449.png
    1604075657449.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Argent Iuris; Student

Interaction: Korin ( SomebodyElse SomebodyElse )
Fortunately for Argent Gran had been able to cover for his mistake. Argent felt overwhelmingly embarrassed, but all in all thankful that his slip up didn't cause any harm. He watched as it almost hit another Faunus who seemed to be quite timid of the crowd as it was pulled from the air last second. Once Gran had returned the boomerang to him with some wise words of advice, "If you're gonna show off, make sure in advance you can actually pull off what you're trying to do." These words hit Argent a little harder than he liked. In an attempt to try and push through his feelings of self doubt he decided that he was gonna show everyone what he could pull off!

Once they were given the green light to launch, student after student readied themselves and were catapulted to the forest. Argent wasn't the first, but he was definitely up there. He readied himself on the pad waiting for it to spring into action like a bull fresh out the gates, then it went! He felt a sudden jerking motion launching him skyward, much further than any horse has ever bucked him before. He felt... Free! the air rustling through his quills and the sight of the forest far beneath him. He quickly began to pull out all the gravarangs he could in each hand. By this point he had reached the height of the launch and was now feeling the old saying, what goes up, must come down. At this point he chucked all the Gravarangs forward as hard as he could. He then activated the gravity dust in his gauntlets tethering himself to each one. Argent quickly became like one of those flying city bots with little helicopter blades flying through the air. Argent began singing "Ride of the Valkyries" as he soared through the air.

While Argent's vertical velocity had slowed immensely, he failed to notice that his horizontal velocity was rapidly increasing. Once Argent got within feet of the tree tops he fully recalled the gravarangs to his hands and attempted to land on his feet. Argents feet hit the ground and at that second he immediately went head over heals. Suddenly realizing his mistake argent did the one defensive maneuver that has saved him more times than he can remember... He curled into the fetal position!

Argent immediately turned into a prickly tumble weed rolling through the forest. It was almost impossible to tell where he was going as he rolled. He suddenly heard a series of growls immediately followed several thumps and bursts of dust as Argent rolled through a small pack of Beowulfs. Argent rolled a little longer before he saw two things. First was a flash of bright vibrant red hair. The second was a tree.

Argent collided with the tree with enough force to cause the tree to lean a few degrees. Argent was now splayed with his head resting on the ground and his legs going up the tree's trunk. From his upside down view of the world he could see the vibrant red that contrasted the forest greens so well. "Howdy Miss! The cavalry has arrived!" With this he pushed off the tree with his legs doing a flip so he could stand up right. Facing the tree once he got on his feet he quickly tried to regain his balance since things still seemed to be spinning to him. Once he felt like he wasn't gonna hurl. He turned around and offered this fiery red head a hand "Names Argent." At this point he began to reach out with his semblance just to see what kind of person he had rolled into.

Geist shifted her head to one side ever so slightly, letting the boomerang slice through the air beside her. A rather dangerous practice, this was, hurling weapons across other potential teammates like this. Its owner had probably never heard of friendly fire, which Geist was entirely sure was anything but friendly. “Hm.” She turned her attention away from the offending party, choosing to ignore his outburst. Time will tell if he was worth his words. For the time being, she ought to plan out her progress through the forest. She studied the landscape, searching for a potential landing spot, as well as a potential location for one of those shards. She tapped her foot on the launch pad experimentally. “Hm,” she said again, and arranged herself accordingly. Just in time, too, as the headmaster ordered them to brace for launch. A smile crept to her face, and, just like that, she was sent to the sky.

The rush of wind on her face, the emptiness of the sky, the sight of the forest and the sky creating a panorama of viridian, cerulean, and white, all filled her with a strange feeling. She was excited, thrilled to be given a task again. Anything to feel the actual thrill of swinging a weapon. However, that joy was intertwined with something else, something ill. She was alone. She had no one to depend on, and no one to depend on her. It was a strange feeling. She was free, but the cuffs had left their mark on her, and the weight of another on her shoulders had given her some comfort that someone was always watching her back. Her body arced through the air, turning in mid air. She gazed up into the skies beyond her, then flipped over backwards, turning to face the ground beneath her, as she reached the peak of her parabola. She hung in the air for just a moment, before she dropped. Around her, she could see the others begin their descent as well. She recognised a couple of them from the flight over, but she soon lost sight of them as they disappeared into the green carpet below, and she followed suit.

Her halberd glimmered around her, slicing through stray branches that would impede her descent. Focusing her Aura around her body, she poised for landing, and hit the ground noiselessly, scattering only the fallen leaves in her vicinity. She hadn’t taken a leap quite as high as that for a long time, though she couldn’t complain. Most of it had been under her control. Jumping from a moving vehicle had been a fair bit more challenging, especially when faced with the need to land in a specific spot. She straightened up, and gathered her bearings. She heard noises, and some voices in the distance. Drawing her hood over her head, she leapt atop a tree, and listened once more. Someone small and light was passing by just some metres ahead, and fast. Did they know where they were heading? Hm. It didn’t matter. The sooner she joined up with someone, the better, for both of their sakes. She redistributed her Aura, and chased after the sound from atop her trees. If she headed in this way, at this speed, she would link up with the would-be Hunter, provided they kept on their path.

She was proven right, rather quickly. A Faunus with snow-white hair darted across the forest floor, her movement seemingly unimpeded by the uneven ground. Someone who was accustomed to such an environment was a boon. Geist, herself, preferred the trees. Much more stable ground, so to speak. As she chased the girl, she put her fingers to her lips, and let out a shrill whistle to attract the Faunus’ attention. “Don’t stop moving! I’ll follow!” she called to the Faunus girl as she continued to make a path through the forest.
Keidivh Keidivh

Isern did not have much time to prepare for the flight. And as such, when he was unceremoniously launched into the air he was launched head over heals. Though he did manage to quickly orient himself so he was at least the right way around. Though while others may have been more concerned with slowing down their fall and/or landing on their feet, Isern was more concerned with speed. The more speed he picked up, the more energy he would impart on whatever he hit, and due to the laws of physics that thing would hit him just as hard. Free energy for him to store.

As he began his quick decent, he spotted what would bring his journey to an abrupt end. A tree, a big tree, a big and thick tree that looked like it didn't give a damn about the little boy that was hurtling right towards it. He had to time this right, otherwise he'd be nothing more than a smear on that big tree. With the wind stinging his eyes and whipping his hair, he screeched towards the target. Closer, closer. When he could almost get no closer he activated his Semblance. For a brief second, he turned a steely grey, then he was engulfed by the tree. The sound of splintering and cracking wood filled the air as the Faunus tunneled his way through the tree, his momentum forcing him through, until he was on the other side.

The tree had done much to slow his fall to non lethal speeds, but it didn't stop him. And so he came sailing out the other side to ungracefully smash into another tree. Now a smoldering heap on the ground, he took this time to recompose himself before beginning his trek through these Grimm infested woods.

Arséne Arcueid
Interaction: Yuki Meng Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Arséne held his hat down as he flew through the air. The wind flew past him as he ascended into the sky. He smiled at the brief few moments of true freedom that only being suspended in the air can give you. But sadly the moment was cut short because as he began to slow down, so was his ascension and the ground was more than happy to welcome him. He looked down at his surroundings. The trees were a beautiful sight from this height, but they would be an even more pleasant sight when they prevented his death. As he reached the apex of his launch and fell towards the forest, he unhooked Ouroboros and released it at a tree with the chain following. Immediately a snakehead flew and sunk its fangs into the branch of a tree and with Arséne connected. Then he began to retract the train while swinging below the branch and eventually wrapping over it until he came to a stop. While standing on top of the branch he looked around for any sign of his partner. After a few seconds in the distance, he saw a feminine figure land alone. Assuming that this was to be his new partner he leaped off of his branch and quickly ran to meet with his companion.

Avenger.(Edmond.Dantès).full.2071294.jpg

Last edited:
YUKI MING

The launch pad that Yuki stood on let out a soft grinding of gears before launching her into the forest like a human trebuchet. Even with her previous preparations she found herself starting to tumble forward as she climbed higher and higher into the sky. Tucking her legs into her chest she willingly rolled into it before throwing out her body to be as large as possible to stop it from continuing as she righted herself. Air whipping at her eyes like tiny daggers, she squinted and attempted to pinpoint where Geist would be landing. She was the only person who she at least somewhat knew, and from the looks of her weapon she would be able to handle most of the grimm that got into close combat range. Spotting her just as they begun to descend Yuki made a mental note of where she seemed to be falling towards before focusing on her own landing strategy.

Descending towards the treeline she knocked an arrow and scanned for a suitable target. Her eyes settled on a tree that was a good bit taller than the other's around it as she shifted her body into a shooting position. Drawing back the bowstring she took and held a breath as she hurtled towards the are besides the tree, hair whipping wildly behind her. Breathing out, her eyes flashed red as the arrow cut through the air with four razor thin red lines trailing behind it. Embedding itself into one of the thicker branches the threads behind it suddenly went taught, bending the branch just enough so that it was sagging down just enough for her to grab onto it. Pushing her aura into her free hand and shoulder she grabbed onto the branch for just long enough to break off some of her speed before letting go, using the branch as an athletic bar to fling herself at the forest below. Repeating this process with the next tree she managed to bleed off enough speed so that she would land on the ground and not immediately break her legs.

Landing in a crouch Yuki quickly scanned her surroundings, and after determining that she was alone let out a sigh as she straightened herself out. "Right, need to hurry and try and find Geist. If I'm lucky I ca-" Her thoughts were interrupted as a rustling sound came from behind her. Leaping away from the sound she knocked another arrow and waited, fingers straining as she waited to see what would emerge from the brush. What emerged wasn't a bloodthirsty grimm, but a giant of a man who looked more at home at a formal event than out here in the middle of grimm infested woods. Easily over six feet, the guy towered over Yuki, although most people already do so but that was besides the point. He was also wearing an actual cape, not a cloak like Giest was wearing, but a full on cape like he was coming out of a play. Lowering her bow Yuki let out a small curse before relaxing herself.

"Well, I guess this means that we're partners. The name's Yuki Ming, and you"

Mentioned: leonhardt231 leonhardt231 , simj26 simj26
Interacted: leonhardt231 leonhardt231

Arséne Arcueid
Interaction: Yuki Ming
Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Arséne walked through the bushes into the clearing with not a single branch or leaf on him. He had hoped to find his new partner but instead found an arrow pointed at him. Thinking that an assassin may have followed him to Beacon, he unhooked his blades from his wrist and prepared to deflect the incoming projectile and counter-attack. Arséne was prepared to take a life, but after looking at his attacker he realized that she was no assassin. She looked familiar, one of the other students on the cliff if he had to guess. It seems that she had come to the same realization as she slowly lowered her bow.

"Well, I guess this means that we're partners. The name's Yuki Ming, and you"

Now that he was closer, he was able to get a good look at his new partner Yuki Ming. She was short, surprisingly short. And not by just his standards, from most people's perspectives she would seem a few years younger than what was required at Beacon. In her hands was the bow that she had previously aimed at himself. An effective weapon for her size and stature if not just a bit outdated. Her outfit was rather ordinary but the green baubles in her hair caught his attention. He had never seen anything like them before, perhaps they were foreign? Or simply a new fashion among the commoners.

Either way, if she is to be his partner for the next 4 years then his introductions should be proper and polite. A first impression was a lasting one after all.
"My name is Arséne Arcueid" he answered in a smooth voice while tipping his hat. "It is a pleasure, Miss Ming, I look forward to seeing what you can do." When he finished he flashed her a smile. A smile that conveyed joy and the promise of a welcoming attitude. A smile that he has practiced for years, critiqued by several tutors, and beaten into perfection.

Violette De Cabana

~Back on the ship~

Different. If there was one word to describe his time so far as a Beacon applicant so far, it would be described as different. With packed suitcases and an optimistic outlook, he expected to see a great deal of excitement and different culture and got just that. Laying on his largest suitcase, Violette had taken to drawing the diverse group of people and their strikingly different sense of fashion and weaponry as a sort of inspiration. Maybe he could find something to incorporate in a new painting given how colorful everyone was. One of the people that kept to himself surprisingly, Violette took to drawing people all the way until they touched down and was near immediately taken to initiation. Violette didn't mind a test as much as he didn't like leaving his things to strangers, but he was hardly in a position to say no.

~Present Time~

The launch pads were…. unexpected, but what did he expect? Not many would expect a free fall at this time of day, and certainly not for an initiation. Listening to the headmistress revealed a simple premise. "Fly down, meet person, get shard, and get back. Simple, yet oddly exhilarating! Love it." People started their takeoff before him, usually getting their weapon prepped and steeling themselves, but the young artist simply laughed as he turned around on his pad. "I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to do this! But I'm sure it'll be-" Violette cut off abruptly as he was shot into the sky like a trebuchet, wind howling along with the boy as Violette stared openly at the sky above. "-Perfectly fine!!" the artist finished. It was a good idea to turn away from the incoming winds by turning around; and let him stare at the beautiful sky that didn't beat down on him like Vacuo skies did. Despite living in Vale for a few years now, he still felt out of place as he flipped over to stare idly at the cascade of lush colors. While much less vibrant than the few remaining patches of vegetated beauty in his homeland, the sheer quantity still made him stare on in awe. "If only I could stay like this…. I don't think I'd mind that much, being an avian. Oh, here comes reality."

'Reality' being the rapidly approaching ground, Violette put a hand on his paintbrush, rolling forward mid-air to simultaneously draw the rapier and load a wind dust cartridge into the pommel and cock the scabbard-shotgun into his elbow, pointing at the massive tree obstructing Violette from the safety of earth. Falling ever closer Violette smiled widely, playing chicken with the inanimate tree and only blasting a hole into it via shotgun shell at the very last second. The loud discharge of the shell was met with the even louder splintering of wood as he slipped right through to mere feet above solid ground. With a swing of his reindeer and use of the dust cartridge embedded, Violette canceled most if not all momentum with a strong gust of wind before touching down and sheathing his instrument in a fluid and elegant motion.

"Hey, I did it! Now, where is my prize? I can't imagine the shards are far off, but I'd like to secure mine before anyone else does. Be a real shame if I couldn't pick a color I liked." Violette mused, making his way forward casually. "I wonder who I'll be partnered with….It would probably be tough on the teachers if someone somehow manages not to meet anyone and still completes the initiation. Should I close my eyes and try? It can't hurt. Actually it might. " He ranted off, happily strolling through the trees heedless of the Grimm that likely called tis forest home. What were they going to do, eat him?

(EDIT: Forgot to tag Mineczka Mineczka cuz partners)

Last edited:
Kazama.Asuka.full.1286512.jpg
Fang Hua Lian

Watching the pandemonium, several students chatting amongst themselves, with others attempting to meet each other before flying off into lower orbit from how the platforms felt. As Fang Hua's name came up, she listened for her partner's name, Violette was the name she heard after her own, while the full name of the person she was to pair with was irrelevant, there was only so many people, and that meant it was a quick process of elimination to find a girl named Violette. Quickly gazing around while the brawler reached the platforms, Fang Hua watched three other students to her left be propelled out into the field, 'Okay, so we're getting launched that way, hm?' Her mind raced, has her legs braced for the launch, feeling the plate below her shift slightly for launch, her mind soon vacated, there was a superimposed zen feeling in her. Her heart rate accelerated, aura shifted drastically to repair the damages her own body was to do to itself. In what felt to be several moments, the three seconds passed, the plate launched her forward at an intense speed.

At first, the world seemed to pass by quickly, as she leapt in tandem with the platform, to get as much distance as she could out of this free movement. The world seemed to pass by quickly for but a moment, as her eyes quickly began to catch up with the movements, as she began to process her rough trajectory, feeling the force driving her forward begin to move more towards a downward arc. Right into the tree line. Reaching for Dancing Lotus, her arms soon shimmered from the metal guards that extended just past her fist, all the way past her elbow. Bringing up her legs, Fang Hua ducked her head under her arms, now brought into a defensive position, then, came the first branch, which she smashed through, akin only to a human-sized cannonball. Then, another, and another, breaking twigs and branches in her path, before her arms extended. Her palms reaching for a limb, catching it briefly, her fall became more looking to an acrobatics routine, before finally ending on another branch, followed by a laugh, a heroic landing thwarted by her own amusement. However, this laugh quickly subsided...

Next, came finding her partner, Violette. That was the hard part, especially when Fang Hua had no idea who this girl was, let alone her face... Had she only a few more moments, likely Fang Hua would have seen something. No matter how desperate this search was to become, dropping from her perch, Fang Hua rolled forward from the impact, and began to sally forth at a run. A brisk pace kept her going, as Fang Hua kept her eyes darting from bush to tree, dipping and shifting between them, taking what paths the forest would give her, tonfas in hand for what may arise.

Then, a colour caught her attention for a moment, an unnatural one to say the least. Skidding to a halt, Fang Hua looked over at the odd colouration, a purple-ish cloak. Maybe that was her partner? Changing directions, Fang Hua took a couple of steps before leaping over the brush, landing heavily just behind the violet cloak, taking an extra step, Fang Hua looked to the figure, who was... Masculine? "O-Oh! Sorry! I might've mixed you up with someone else..." Her first remark was casual, though she had to ask the question on her mind, "You wouldn't happen to know a girl named Violette? I was supposed to find her and... Well... I've no idea of their looks..." After speaking, a light laugh came with her breath, gods she felt like the biggest idiot in the world right now... Unknowing to the truth that stared her in the face.

The Prophet The Prophet

Violette De Cabana
276a4b81c46d9a61dfa7d9271d7f5ee3.jpg

"The shards were in a maze, right? I wonder how difficult it'll be? It might be initiation, but this is still our first assignment. I imagine it can't be hard at all." Casually trekking about the woodlands, Violette contemplated his next steps. Being all alone in a dangerous forest wasn't something he wanted to do for much longer, but it rose the question of how dangerous the mazes were. If anything the mazes would be something he couldn't possibly complete by myself, to force the acquisition of a partner, maybe even a team. Or if Beacon was more spartan, weeding out the weak ones. In any case, he hardly planned on failing his first assignment in Beacon. Hardly makes for a good first impression.

Suddenly, a heavy thump forced Violette to the present as he wheeled around to face the intrusion to his thoughts. He already knew it wasn't a Grimm; if a monster could get this close unheard, it would have attacked him already and not land behind him and stand still. He was met with the face of a girl, likely another participant. Well, looks like he'd met his partner. About to raise a greeting the girl spoke first, asking something that made his violet-yellow eyes twitch in irritation. How many times had someone mistaken him for a girl from his name? Much too often if you asked him.

"You wouldn't happen to know a girl named Violette? I was supposed to find her and... Well... I've no idea of their looks..."

He couldn't say he could blame her; his name was feminine and he knew that fact well. Violette smiled, pretending to recognize the name. Harmless slip-up aside, at least the case of mistaken identity would allow him mess around. Putting on a look of slight confusion, Violette tilted his head slightly and began to speak. "Violette? You mean the one about this high, uses a rapier like this, wears earrings and has long hair split into two colors? Hmmmm I know I've seen them before……" he trailed off after describing himself, tapping a finger to his jawline. After a moment he feigned a gasp in realization, and smiled again as he nodded. "Mhmm, I know Violette. I mean, of course I would know them, It's me after all." One short bow accented his greeting, winking as he drew back to his full height. "Violette De Cabana, a pleasure. You'll have to forgive me for not being a girl, I get it a lot, and I understand why you thought so all things considered." He greeted, holding out his hand for her to shake.

Mineczka Mineczka

Last edited:
Korin hadn't expected to run into someone so soon. It wasn't the most extravagant entrance she had ever witnessed. Infact it really didn't impress Korin at all. When Argent came tumbling through the forest into a tree right next to her, she rolled her eyes. It was a shame yet another person was simply destined to die the fate of many huntsmen and huntresses. The depressing nature of it was simply something she had gotten used to at this point, but it didn't lessen the sadness.

She simply stared at his outreached hand for a moment before simply shaking her head.
"You should be more careful, that was a terribly landing strategy." She said emptily gazing at him.

"By this however this means we are now teammates. We should make a move on for one of the shards she said before walking off, keeping her gun trained forward through the forest.
They walked on as they made their way through the forest before being met with two other huntresses. Korin didn't recognize them but one of them seemed to be a faunus. The other seemed to be heading closer towards the other...

Dtheraider Dtheraider simj26 simj26 Keidivh Keidivh

~Haruna Yamashita~
-- The more things change, the more they stay the same --

Starting Status
Condition:
Nominal
Wearing: Green jacket, black pants, green boots, black fingerless gloves, black hair bow with thin white stripe
Carrying: MABB Kofude-R (5/5 ammo), Utility Belt

~~~~

EARLIER

~~~~

Within the open viewing gallery of the ship a lone girl stood, fixated on the image of Beacon academy as it came to prominence through the large glass panes before her. "So there it is," Haruna Yamashita said quietly to the air as if conversing with a spirit, "Beacon Academy: where everything began." Whether she was referring to the well-documented historical events that occurred under the leadership of Professors Ozpin and later Goodwitch, or to her own personal interests concerning her ancestors was left to be seen, but either way the statement stood alone much as she did. Quietly, she glanced over to her side to observe the other passengers on the ship. From what she could gather, a small number of them had taken to making introductions and breaking the ice by showing off their personal weapons; truth be told, Haru was interested in some of the designs that were on display, but at the moment she was still preoccupied with attempting to emulate her predecessor's actions on the flight over. Her number one priority was being able to demonstrate that progenitor of this branch was just as much a Huntress as any with the Yamashita name, so she planned to follow in her footsteps as much as possible.

She looked down to the small compacted device hanging at her left hip, swaying slightly on the belt she wore low from the airship's rhythmic motion. An MABB was admittedly a fairly simple design: a gun and a sword, neither a particular unique choice of weapon, nor was having the barrel act as the spine of the blade a revolutionary design in hunter weapons. But even at this point in time, there was something to be said about the classics, and if anything, Kofude was definitely a classic. Kofude-R, she reminded herself; after all, from what research she had managed to scrounge up, the original Kofude had been repeatedly altered and improved over her ancestor's years at the Academy (and elsewhere due to the events which had befallen the school). It's not exactly the same... some of the components she used were outdated even in her own time, but I think it's a close enough replica to prove the point.

The sudden flash of the wall-mounted TV springing to life caught Haruna by surprise, and as she quickly turned to see what prompted the sudden report, Kofude-R's exposed grip banged against the railing she had been leaning against moments prior, sending a ringing tone through the galley and inducing a roll of the eyes from the young girl. Great... I haven't even made it to Beacon and I'm already trying to prove the clan's accusations of incompetence. She stood quietly as the report rattled off the details of the recent robberies, her arms crossed and a slight scowl on her face. "Wonderful, that's going to set everyone at ease." Well, if rumors were true, she was certain that somehow she'd inevitably be dragged up in whatever situation was causing such an outbreak of crime; one doesn't simply run a school full of armed teenagers without occasionally turning them loose for combat training of a slightly different variety than their normal Grimm hunts.

A small chime indicated that they were finalizing their landing, and that students should prepare to disembark. Reaching down to lift up her enormous, but solitary suitcase, she braced herself for what lay in store at her time at Beacon.

~~~

CURRENT TIME

Emerald Forest cliff, near Beacon Academy

~~~

Well now, she wasn't expecting this. Her records showed that Beacon previously had previously separated the arrival from the entrance trial by a day. Apparently optimizations to the schedule have occurred over the last 250 years. Who would have thought. No matter, there wasn't much she needed to retrieve from her suitcase to attain combat-readiness, mostly just extra ammunition and a few small maintenance tools for Kofude-R in case something malfunctioned, though given its simplicity, she suspected any jam or stuck parts could be brought back into line simply by taking it by the barrel and whacking it against a tree. With her utility belt full, she lined up on one of the plaques, already quite aware of what lay in store concerning their presence. As Merlin rattled off her instructions at an impressive clip, Haru lowered her stance, placing one foot in front of the other and bringing her hands up in a fighting stance. It was just as well, as not soon after, the headmaster brought her speech to and end and fired the initiates off rapidly one after another.

The exhilaration of flying was certainly nothing to be disregarded, the feeling of complete freedom from one's earthly bonds drawing a wide grin upon Haruna's face as she soared through the air. However, quickly gravity began to take its toll on her, arresting her upwards escape and bringing the reality of the situation back to the forefront of her mind at a rapid clip. Okay, stick to the plan, she intently told herself, three shots into a tree, grab hold of the treetop, and ride it down to the forest floor, just like she did. Trees haven't changed in 250 years, right? She would have to aim quickly given the time of flight, or else she risked plummeting into the heavy forest canopy and from there straight to terra firma. One concern was that she wouldn't be able to simply wing her shots like her ancestor could; however, Haruna had planned for this and had a few tricks of her own up her sleeve.

As she began to descend towards the trees below, she deployed her weapon in rifle form, the compact device unfolding and telescoping out into the bolt action rifle she'd become quite familiar with over the last few month. As she eagerly shoved the stock into her shoulder and lined up her sights, she squinted slightly and began to concentrate, and all about her, time began to slow: the trees reverting from their blur of emerald to individual forms, and her sights going from blurry from the buffeting effects of the wind to slightly shaking about in her hands. She brought the firearm to bear on a large sturdy tree that stood before her and lined up her aim with a satisfied smile, whispering "Bingo" as she began to pull the trigger.

And that was when the steely form of another student barreling through the air blocked her sight-line from below and demolished the very tree she was aiming at, blowing it to smithereens and completely throwing her landing strategy in the trash. "You have to be joking me!" she cried in disbelief as her Focus broke, the absurdity of witnessing such a spectacle and having it simultaneously destroy her plans throwing her for a mental loop. Time rapidly jumped back to normal, sending her careening forward at breakneck speeds. Plan B PLAN B!

Sadly she had not actually prepared a backup plan, so confident was she in her ancestor's reasoning, but the adrenaline rush of now having to manage her survival on the fly kicked her Focus back into gear, and not a moment to soon. Switching Kofude-R over to blade form, she stuck her blade out sideways to her and pulled the trigger, the recoil spinning her along her long axis and turning her into a fan blade of destruction. Downward she fell into the canopy, tearing leaf and branch asunder as she descended with great aplomb. The push-back from such violent removal of the local flora was slowing her forward velocity to survivable speeds, but the issue of height still loomed precarious, and would have to be dealt with separately.

Feeling her aura beginning to run a bit ragged from the sudden burst of effort, she spotted a still standing tree trunk that would suit her purposes and windmilled her way towards it. Just as she seemed to run out of rotational force, now left free falling in open space, she stabbed out at the trunk, the tip of the blade lodging in the thick wood and slowing her fall. Disabling her semblance, she rode the blade downwards until it could cut no more, coming to a jarring halt still well above the ground. She took a few moments to hang in place, regaining her breath as adrenaline continued to course through her veins from the maneuvers she'd pulled just moments ago. When her breathing finally calmed, she clambered onto a nearby branch and retracted Kofude-R from the tree it had now been firmly wedged in. From there, it was as simple as sequentially leaping down to each successively lower branch, and before long she found herself on the forest floor, exhausted but unharmed.

"Well, I can see I'm already breaking from established tradition... which seems to in fact be our family line's tradition," the off-shot Yamashita wryly noted aloud as she removed from her person a variety of leaves she had collected in her plummet. Looking upwards, she could still see the smashed tree trunk from her earlier near-miss with another student. Did that boy from earlier seriously go RIGHT THROUGH that thing? How in the world is he not in about a million pieces on the forest floor? Curiosity getting the better of her, she followed his presumed path forwards, silently wishing she had the ability to track trajectories, but nonetheless being able to follow the trail of destruction to its terminus. "By the myriad gods," Haru exclaimed as she came upon the smoldering heap on the ground that was presumably a fellow student. "Are you okay?"

---

Ending Status
Condition:
Exhausted (aura low)
Wearing: Green jacket, black pants, green boots, black fingerless gloves, black hair bow with thin white stripe
Carrying: MABB Kofude-R (4/5 ammo), Utility Belt

Interaction: Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Last edited:

main-qimg-d46053f959bf5d8bb4644ed44c82fb33

Gran Mora
Male, Faunus (Monkey)
Student/ Hunter
Interaction/Mention: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Soviet Panda Soviet Panda YeetBooi YeetBooi

Going by tree, Gran was easily able to avoid the worst of the Grimm as he made his way to what the vantage point in the trees said was the direction of the goal, the maze with the artifacts. Once it was visible, the faunus chained his way up to the highest point he could reach, planning out his route. Finding what he perceived to be the best and least dangerous route, he started towards it, until he came to a tree with a massive hole in it's trunk.

"The hell happened here?", Gran crouched in the hole and followed the angle with his eyes down to where whatever did it had smacked into another tree, and then down to the ground. it couldn't hurt to follow, if someone had done that he could definitely do to partner with someone that durable. "Is anyone alive down there?", he called as he started down to that area.

(Remaining text)

Yuki Ming

The large man introduced himself as Arsen Arcueid, tipping his hat and flashing a smile that was a little too perfect to be natural. From where Yuki was standing it looked more like a beast bearing over their prey than anything else, but that may have just been the height difference. "Right. Guess we should get moving then. hopefully we can find the relic before the grimm find us." Turning away and trusting in him to follow she began to make her way towards the direction that Geist had flown towards. She might not have been able to get the girl as her partner, but at the very least she could find her and try to stick together. Safety in numbers or something like that, whatever excuse would allow her to surround herself with others who could handle any grimm who got too close.

She lead the way in silence, ears straining to hear any sort of disturbance that would identify anything moving through the woods. The occasional snapping of branches or rustling of bushed had her pausing with held breath, only to release when it turned out to be a small critter or a dead branch impacting the ground. There was surprisingly little sounds of battle, no cracks of gunshots or roars of grimm charging at their prey. It may have been due to the sheer size of the forest, or maybe the grimm population was a lot smaller than they were lead to believe. "So, why did you want to become a huntsman?" She asked while ducking under a fallen tree instead of going over it. "You don't exactly strike me as someone who would get their hands dirty." She paused for a second before adding "No offense that is."

Coming towards a clearing in the brush Yuki could slightly make out the sound of people talking. "Great, hopefully it's Geist. Maybe she already got her partner too." Turning her head back to her partner she gave a quick nudge towards the noise and jogged through the brush. On the other side was not Geist and her partner like she had hoped, but a girl with short brown hair and a guy with hair that hung down past their shoulders. She couldn't help but let a scowl creep onto her face as she mentally cursed the forest. Were they even going in the right direction anymore, or did all of the trees mess that up? Clearing her throat, she strode forward to the duo, stopping a short distance away from them. "Yo, you guys looking for a crystal too?"

Interacted: The Prophet The Prophet Mineczka Mineczka leonhardt231 leonhardt231

Argent Iuris; Student
Interactions: SomebodyElse SomebodyElse simj26 simj26 Keidivh Keidivh

Argent watched as the other student looked at his hand and while shaking their head stated, "You should be more careful, that was a terribly landing strategy. By this however this means we are now teammates. We should make a move on for one of the shards," she said before walking off. Argent could feel a emotionally numb feeling mixed with sadness even with out the use of his semblance. Several thoughts began to spin through his head, first was that she definitely was right Argent never really need a landing strategy for something more than being bucked 10 feet off a bronco, second someone feeling this way at that age meant that they had some serious experiences to form that kind of emotional shell, and thirdly what was her name? Maybe I'll just call her blaze on account of her vibrant hair he thought to himself.

They advanced through the forest at a slow pace. Argent followed trying to walk alongside his partner but decided that he didn't want to infringe on their territory and decided just to tail in their trail. She seemed to move with tactical precision always scanning the tree lines with their SMG tucked at the ready to their shoulder. Argent never liked guns cause they'd often startle cattle and lead to a slicker slope of a grimm storm. Then between the trees he caught glimpses of another huntress wearing white and wielding what appeared to be claws being quickly followed by another wearing a black cloak and wielding a halberd fully drawn. Argent Instinctively raised his gauntlets into a ready position and drew a pair of Bolas in one hand at the sudden introduction of another party. Eyes scanning the forest and even glancing behind to assess all aspects of the situation. Aside from the Beowulfs Argent had dusted in landing Argent and Blaze had been more quiet as not to attract attention, but if these two were running then they may have attracted some unwanted attention. "Okay Blaze, I see one student being chased by another with their weapon drawn, what's the riding plan?"

Arséne Arcueid
Interaction: Yuki Ming, Fang Hua Lian, Violette De Cabana

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Mineczka Mineczka The Prophet The Prophet

"Agreed, the faster we complete this initiation the better," Yuki stated, then turned around and walked away. If she wanted to lead the way then it was fine with Arséne. After all, they were both lost in the forest, as long they weren't headed in the direction they came from then he was content. He followed Yuki, staying at her side and paying close attention to the direction they were going in, and for any Grimm. Besides the odd noise of the forest, they walked in silence, the atmosphere was still somewhat awkward seeing how they had just met. Arséne was surprised at the lack of any Grimm in the area. You would think that they littered the area, with the beast hoping to test the students properly. But it seems either someone had cleared them out already or that the test had yet to actually begin. Arséne continued to think about the nature of the test before his thoughts were interrupted by his new partner.

"So, why did you want to become a huntsman?" She asked while ducking under a fallen tree instead of going over it. "You don't exactly strike me as someone who would get their hands dirty." She paused for a second before adding "No offense that is."

"No offense taken, it's a valid question" He replied as he also ducked under the tree, however not as graceful as his companion. He'll raise a hand to his chin and think for a moment. "Honestly there are several reasons why I wish to be a huntsman and attend Beacon. But I suppose I can summarize it best by saying that I want to improve my skills and that I have something to prove to my family. How about you?"

As the two discussed their ambitions and purpose, Arséne could hear voices in an upcoming clearing. They obviously weren't Grimm so it was probably best to approach, but you can never be too careful. It seems Yuki had the same idea as she stopped and looked at him. She nudged towards the voices behind a brush, Arséne nodded and followed behind her as she went into the clearing. The voices belonged to a pair much like theirs, a man and women both equipped for battle.

"Yo, you guys looking for a crystal too?" Arséne will let Yuki do the questioning as she met them first. Instead, he simply nods and tip his hat at the two and flash a small smile. "Greetings you two."

He felt hot. No, actually, he distinctly felt like he was on fire. The sheer amount of force he had stored was burning him up from the inside. He had never stored this much energy before, and he felt like he was about to explode. It was an amazing feeling. He had to act quickly, though, before he did actually explode, or burst into flame, he wasn't quite sure what would happen but didn't want to find out. Rolling over and getting on all four, Isern saw two other students, both of whom were asking if he was okay.

"Peachy," he grunted through gritted teeth. "I'd get back if I were you," he continued as he shakily stood up and placed a hand on the tree that had cushioned his fall. Giving them a second to do just that, he pulls back a fist and slams it into the tree. All of the thermal energy that he had stored rushed through his fist and into the tree, resulting in an explosion that traveled through the trunk and out the other side. After the charred hole was made into the tree, it slowly began to list over, collapsing under it's own weight. And concerned for his safety, Isern quickly backed up from it.

Turning around to look at the other two, he sees that one of them was a faunus, and the other an oddly familiar looking girl that he was certain he had never met before. "I can store kinetic energy as thermal and use it," he said matter of factly, quickly explaining what had all just happened. "So which one of you is my partner?"
PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

204d2c478280ebd81125785ca89ef10c.jpg
Fang Hua Lian

Looking at the man Fang Hua confronted, he seemed off, as his eye twitched from what she could guess was agitation, at what though, was a mystery to the young brawler, whose amber eyes met the violet eyes of his. Oh... It came across her mind, maybe, just maybe, Fang Hua found her partner, Violette. Though it was strange, she wasn't going to judge much on it, instead, she wanted to find a nickname in her mind for this Violette, as it can be quite difficult to get their name shouted in a tense combat situation, though the thought was broken, as the man spoke, his words, sounding confused at first,

"Violette? You mean the one about this high, uses a rapier like this, wears earrings and has long hair split into two colors? Hmmmm I know I've seen them before…… Mhmm, I know Violette. I mean, of course I would know them, It's me after all." After which, he bowed for but a moment before greeting the now vexed Fang Hua, as nice as she was, she still wasn't too fond of a smart-ass. That being said, a deep breath came from Fang Hua, who looked past her vexation on Violette's response, now introducing herself to her partner, though with less flair that he presented,

"Fang Hua Lian. A pleasure." Deep down, Fang Hua felt the need to apologize for mistaking Violette's gender, after his words reached her paired with an outstretched hand, which Fang Hua took firmly, and a response was given, "And I'll apologize for mixing your gender up." Following those words, was a calmed smile, exuding the confidence she always shows, though her eyes flicked over to the weapon of Violette, she wasn't too familiar with every weapon, nor did she know of his style of fighting. Keeping her confidence running, she spoke once again, "Might I ask, what is your weapon, by chance?"

Yet, before she could get her answer, a rustling sound came from behind her, turning to see what approached, it was a girl, much smaller than Fang Hua, with long, bright pink hair, her face wore a scowl at the predicament she was in, especially as she looked at Fang Hua and Violette. Then, lumbering after her, was a much taller than Fang Hua, and dressed like he was going into a social outing along the town, rather than a grimm-infested forest. They were an odd duo to say the least, as Fang Hua slowly curled her fingers around her weapons, Dancing Lotus, ready for what these two may have brought, instead, the short, scowling one spoke, only a few feet away from them,

"Yo, you guys looking for a crystal too?" Those words were followed by a quieter greeting from the taller man, and prompted a response from Fang Hua, with a little kinder of a face, in comparison to the short, pink-haired woman,

"Yeah? I thought we all were...?" Her words were clear, as she slowly closed the distance between the two, now realizing she was about half a foot taller than the pink haired woman, yet she reached out gently, offering a handshake, "You wanna come with? I'm Fang Hua, by the way."

Interact: The Prophet The Prophet leonhardt231 leonhardt231 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin (Still love that username.)

~Haruna Yamashita~
-- New Companions --

Starting Status
Condition:
Nominal
Wearing: Color-coord outfit 1
Carrying: MABB Kofude-R, Utility Belt

---

"Is anyone alive down there?"

Haruna's head turned as she heard a voice behind and above her, her gaze eventually picking out a boy with a simian tail balanced high above her in the bough of a tree. "Hey! I think he's-"

"Peachy," the other boy grunted through gritted teeth. "I'd get back if I were you."

Never one to argue with someone who looked like they'd just stepped out of a fireplace, Haru took two large steps backwards from whence she'd came, quickly becoming glad at her choice as moments later as he tore a hole through yet another tree with his bare fist. Her eyes went wide as she lifted a finger towards the newest addition (or perhaps more accurately, reduction) to the Emerald Forest. "Did you just..."

"I can store kinetic energy as thermal and use it," he said matter-of-factly, quickly explaining what had all just happened. "So which one of you is my partner?"

Well now that's an understatement, Haru wryly thought, again looking over the destruction this single boy (by the looks of him, another Faunus) had wrought on the plant life in this region. "I see, that's... good to know." She cleared her throat, bringing a hand to her throat as she attempting to regain some level of stability from all these recent reveals. "As for your second question, from what the headmaster said before we were tossed in here, I believe that would be me, but honestly we should probably all stick together considering." She motioned for the Faunus above to come down so that she would not have to continually raise her voice to converse. "And for what it is worth, I am Haruna Yamashita, from Sanctum Academy in Mistral."

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back