• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pumpkid

~Vibing along the cosmos~
Welcome to Beacon Academy

Episode2_00005.png
A brand new year, a brand new month, and the start of the most prestigious school, Beacon Academy, welcomes its newcomers arriving on airships. Kids from different backgrounds, worldwide ride Vale's personal airships as the only source of transportation, for where they're going only a floating ship may reach the school.

Once the ships drop off their passengers, they head off for a second round trip. Those that have disembarked, are able to see a fantastic view from below, and in the center of the area stands the famous academy itself surrounded by acres of luscious land designed especially for schooling purposes. Rookies of every age explore the campus while some search for a reunion with friends. Saphiria and Atomic, however, have just stepped out of the airship onto the landing platform.

Their luggage in hand with Atomic begrudgingly carrying most of his sister's belongings. The white-haired girl stretches as if freed from the confines of her imprisonment. "Finally, we're here. It felt like hours, doncha think?" The Faunus shifts to his sister, "if you lived remotely in the middle of nowhere, I would assume anything would be considered far." He retorted. "Lighten up, Atomic. I was just trying to start a conversation. No need for the stick up your-hey look!" Her eyes light up at the display in architecture standing in front of them. "That's Beacon academy. I can't wait to see what sorts of things await us." She squealed. "Me either, that way I can toss all your junk in a room and be on my way." He starts walking down the wide, open lane whilst his darling sister complained like a backseat driver. As per usual, he gave zero shits as to whatever she was nagging. At some point, her attention drifted to a random thing causing a great headache for the boy and a heavy sigh off his lips that is covered by his mask. "Stars, end me." He mumbled.

Beaconhallwayconcept.png

Walking through the corridors of Beacon, there were groups of students loitering here and there. Some newbies passed by while others were befriending one another. Saph quietly followed her twin wondering about an important detail. "Hey, do you think we'll be split up if we were to be chosen for teams?" The question seemed harmless for Atomic to respond casually, "Yeah, why?" The answer was somewhat a stab to her chest. To think her brother would be okay to split after years. The idea alone gave her an unsettling feeling. "You'd be okay with being apart?" She queried. "Yes, I think it's something to be expected if we're going to be a master Huntsman or Huntress." Saph halts in her tracks filled with despair. "I'm not okay with the idea. I'll probably be the black sheep and looked at weird because I'm always hanging around my brother."

"Which is exactly why splitting up is not such a bad idea. I want my space to start fresh." He argued. "Well, I don't!" She stomps her foot down creating a small scene. "What is your deal? Why are you so upset about this?" Saph looks up at him with tears in her eyes. "You may be okay with being alone, but I'm scared to be alone. I don't want the same thing to happen to me as it did to father." It's at that moment that Atomic understood her displeasure in being apart, even though she was being selfish. Like a spoiled brat, Saph runs ahead leaving Atomic to carry the load. "Saph, wait! Damn, what the hell am I supposed to do with this? Shit just escalated quickly with no warning." He drops the bags on the side for a quick breather. Meanwhile, Saph found herself at a random bench near the water trail pond to contemplate her out-of-character outburst. She hangs her head staring deeply into the reflection of the water.
"I'm such an idiot."

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Pao Pao Karcen Karcen EldridSmith EldridSmith Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage Flintstone Flintstone Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Last edited:
17569_JLtuBS8S.png
"If you die, does that mean I inherit Daedulus?"

Noir Schmidt had never been one for nicities, least of all when it came to his childhood friend of nearly two decades, so when he opened up his video call to Ichor with such a question, the best she could do was suppress a soft put-upon sigh. It was better than the screaming match they had had the previous weekend at the very least, anyway.

So, she forced an awkward smile, gathered what courage she could, and further hid herself in the shade of the tree she had found herself under, her eyes casting out a cursory look as she stopped, and leaned against the trunk, the spot gave a relatively good view of the main opening courtyard of Beacon Academy, and a pretty impressive view of the school itself, one she was sure would be present in some random photographers wet dream.

It didn't settle the nerves in her stomach whatsoever, though.

"You get the mock-ups for Aegis and Umber, maybe," she responded easily enough, and she could see Noir twitch slightly as he forced himself to ignore the strain in her voice, "Da's already claimed Daedulus in the event of my untimely demise, and Cyan pretty much said she'd loot my corpse for Helios if it came down to it, so you're fresh out of luck there."

Noir clicked his tongue in annoyance, eyes straying to glare at something outside of the camera frame, "Well, I suppose it's not the end of the world, anyhow. Did you arrive safely?"

"Well enough," she replied, the tension in her smile easing a bit, she twitch when she heard someone pass by the tree, luckily choosing not to stop, "I kept Helios on hand in case of anything, but my quiver and dust rounds had to be left with the rest of my luggage, so, really, I'd just have a pair of hatchets if it came down to it."

"Don't undersell yourself Ichor!" Noir snapped, "We both know that'd you'd be able to kick ass with or without mechashift, besides I know for a fact that Robin LeFevrè is still fucking terrified of anything small, blond, and cute."

"Thanks, I think," she ventured, eyebrow arching a bit at the outburst, "anyway, how was initation at Atlas? You wouldn't be calling me if it hadn't ended."

There was a bit of shuffling, muffled cursing, and a sharp little shriek as well as a dull thud off camera.

"Week long survival excercise," he began to explain several moments later, glaring at something, or maybe someone, off camera, "we ended up being paired with the person we made first contact with, teams are being assigned first thing tomorrow morning."

"Wait, you have a partner?"

"More like an annoyance, remember Ivory Vesper?"

"I remember the explosions, yes, mostly, maybe. I know she punched Soleil Xerx in the face."

"Yeah, well, now I'm stuck with her for the next four years of my life."

"...my condolences?"

“So sis, why we waitin?” Tanner said mildly frustrated. Today was his big day, yet here they were stuck in port. Bonaventure Charlie bobbed up and down on her mooring lines, the airship itself seemingly impatient. The youth is dressed in his standard black leather and white cotton. Good for the higher altitude, blocking out the freezing cutting winds. It’s less practical down here in the warmth, so for now he kept the jacket unzipped, content with just a thin undershirt.

“Ah the crane’s knocked oot. Not to worry! I smell a business opportunity, and a good way for you to get te know yer classmates! Just be a dear and post this out on the docks real quick?” his sister replied. Leeslie gave him a slightly worrisome grin. Tanner rated it as dangerous as a confetti cannon. Whatever she planned might be amusing, but it might be annoying to wash out of his clothes later. In her hands, the slightly taller pinkette held out a handmade sign.

“To Beacon, 250 Lien, single trip only, leaves at 1300.” Tanner read out loud. He crooked his head.

“Don’t they have a regular boat o’er?” he asked, then stopped himself. “Though, ang on. With the crane out… they cannea load that freighter. Which means that there won’t be a berth to dock at.”

His sister gave him one of her smuggest grins.

“Aye, which leaves us the only ship that’ll ply that route today. Guess how many students are currently millin aboot panicking that they’ll miss their first day at Beacon?” she said.

Tanner matched her grin and hefted the sign over his shoulder.

“Well let’s go play gardian angel.” he said.

----

“LAST CALL! LAST CALL!” Tanner bellowed out from the docks, ushering a few latecomers up the gangplank. He practically threw the wooden construct on deck, then made for the bow of the ship. His father, Dara Mannerheim, stood on the bridge wing, flashing him a thumbs up. No words needed to be exchanged between the two of them. His father would simply glance at Tanner when the mooring lines needed to be cut, and Tanner just had to yell a short ‘Loose!’ each time. When the last line came free from the dock, Tanner simply held on, scampering up the rope to get on board. The gravity dust held in the keel audibly thrummed as it pushed several thousand tons of airship skywards. With a practiced hand Tanner started to roll up the mooring lines. The song burst from his lips, unbidden.

“Oh Santiana gained the day
Away Santianna
New Bill the Strong o’ the west they say
Along the plains of Vacuo
Well heave her up and away we'll go
Away Santiana~”

Gods above, he’d miss this.

Heave her up and away we'll go
She's a fast clipper ship and a bully good crew
Away Santiana
And an old salty Mantla for a captain too

The fresh air, the indescribable feeling of freedom as they lurched skyward on the thermals, the view. Especially the view.

Away Santiana
Santiana fought for gold
Away Santiana
Around Mount Morn’ through the ice and snow
Away Santiana

With the ropes and fenders secure, he could tend to the sails. Port side, one of the last 'fins' failed to deploy properly. Mam should get that looked at, Tanner mused as he readied his climbing anchors.

'Twas on the field of Molly-Del-Rey
Away Santiana
Well both his legs got blown away
Away Santiana

Some people got unnerved by a mere three meter drop. Tanner barely paid any attention to the eighty odd meters below the keel as he ambled onto the port mast, and rappelled down to the errant bit of fabric and thin wood.

It was a fierce and bitter strife

A good old fashioned kick got the last of the latches off, briefly launching him away from the sail as well.

Away Santiana
The Grey clad Army took his life

There, he fixed it.

Away Santiana

Dangling upside down on his rope, he felt along the bottom of the sail to figure out where it got caught.

Probably somewhere between latch eight and nine. With all that sorted, he clambered back on board.

Santiana now we mourn
Away Santiana
We left him buried off Mount Morn

Tanner vaulted over the railing. Some of the other students stared at him.

"Wha?" Tanner said, confused as he rolled up his climbing anchors.

39b889b3122a210295be0e941bdce525.jpg
Xander was up hours before the sun, as his parents came to say goodbye and give him a few gifts before they started their seasonal rounds in the forest and mountains. His grandparents then helped pack up enough items for him to live in a small apartment alone for months on end. The pack ended up coming down to his knees, being twice as thick as his chest, and as broad as his shoulders. By all means he was carrying too much for a normal person, and the bag was oversized even for him, still he carried on as the weight didn't bother him.

Eventually he loaded up into paternal his grandparents truck as they hauled him off to the airport a few hours away. He looked over the scenery and took it all in one last time as it would be a while before he returned. The golden planes where grain grew which slowly rose to rolling hills covered in lush forests before the mountains cut through them and it's beautifully barren peaks circled by clouds. Time seemed to slow as he gazed upon his home, but when they arrived the goodbyes and the flight seemed to pass in seconds. Next he knew, he was at beacon being gawked at for being so large and carrying such a huge backpack.

On his way towards the school he was filled with excitement as he made his way to the main hall where he had been told the entrance ceremony would be after they completed their tests. He decided to put his stuff down in a spot by the wall and offer to help others who had assistance packing but no assistance unloading, which was how he spent his time until he happened upon Atomic who seemed to be in a similar situation. "Do you need a hand with those?" He inquired as he looked down upon the man and the pile of bags dropped around him.
Pumpkid Pumpkid

Nula Dopplers

SN.png

It was a start of a new day and it was a day like no other. A new adventure awaits a young girl. Rising as the sun itself, she too rose out of her own bed awakened by the sunlight's rays. It was early, leaving her bedroom with half-awakened and a mess of her hair. Passing three white doors before all aligned in one side of the hall, she came down the only stairs to prepare for the day. It didn't take long before she donned a black hoodie and pleated skirt. The bags of all her belongings that she prepared the previous night, sitting still on the dining chairs. She sat down on a dining chair to at least wake herself a little more after getting dressed. The silence of the dimly lit home allowed her a moment of peace to think, backfiring for she has fallen asleep again out of the dwelling drowsiness. Her arms became her pillows for a brief 7-minute nap, waking up to the smell of toast burning in the kitchen.

"Huh? What's sme-- No! No! Nononononono!"

Jolting herself out of the dining table and off to the kitchen at double time. There she is greeted with a dreaded smell of burnt toast. Continuing her muffled panic as she puts one hand on her mouth and picked out two pieces of burnt bread with her other. Sighing at the sight of the coal-colored toast, she looked at the clock and realized she wasted a few minutes causing her to make various noises downstairs. metal banging pots, screeching adjusted chairs and rapid tapping footsteps are heard.

"Alright, everything is ready. But just to make sure... Extra clothes, water bottle, IDs, my extra bag, phone... Weapons... My weapons! They were supposed to be here with the bags!"

After listing her items, she went into a frantic panic again to search for one of her most valuable items, her weapons. Another round of noisiness ensues, looking every nook and cranny in the house except for her Aunt's room. a dangerous dungeon to step foot on but she's confident that her Grimm slaying tools lies behind the huge white door on the staircase. Slowly opening the unlocked bedroom door. There it is, her EX-1 Plasma pistol and SPK Quarterstaff, conveniently alight with the sun outside the bedroom wind. She is to tread carefully into the creaky floor but with her impatience, she speeds up the process by sneaking faster towards the poorly lit bedroom, inches away from a sleeping woman with similar hair color.

Bang! there goes her left toe, unforeseen collision with a darkened furniture that is the drawer she tried to brush by. Luckily, she is wearing her fluffy knee socks which suppresses every sound she made. Hopping around like a human pogo stuck at the pain of stubbing one's toe hard that she could have sworn she felt her aura was used. Muffling her mouth to avoid any more unnecessary noises. Taking the weapons from the top of a drawer next to the sleeping woman.

I cleaned your handgun for you. don't forget to clean it okay? Love you, good luck on your first day at Beacon, hon.

Auntie ~<3

A note that she read as fast as she left, before leaving the room. A small peck on the forehead for her aunt. Strapping her weapons at ready and she left the house door hopping trying to insert her left shoe to fit whilst making small hop advances to get to school on time. She rand own the sidewalks now bustling with cars people and electronics. flowing through the city streets like an electric current, she appears to be looking for a clearing to make a portal. Luckily she found a street with no people at the moment, only a mutt eating trash that she scared across the street after she produces a flat gas-like warp hole leading to who knows who.

She is found again later on in an airport leading to a prestigious school that is Beacon academy, as a school for huntsmen and huntresses, just like her. Where the airship is about to leave for it's first trip. She hurried faster, crossing the streets with portals to cut time.

"W-wait for me! Please!"

Her cries weren't heard as she was still far from the airship making its leave in a few seconds. Students were already boarding. The trolley bag she is pulling was rolling at fast speeds as she is now running, making it bounce aggressively.

"An opening!"

Noticing the Airship's ramp is still open and she can see the interior of the ship. Slashing a portal five feet in front of her she sped towards the portal and made it to the ship on time, surprising the one calling for the airship. Next stop, Beacon academy. Taking a brief relaxation she needed a breather.

"I hope i'm not late..."

She looked outside the window flying high above the city. Leaving the familiar environment.

"I'm going to miss home... But becoming a Huntress means to leave home! I can do this! I can do this! Deep breaths..."

"I have a weapon, I can use them. I have my semblance which i learned how to use now... Is my training enough? What if everything I have learned so far won't even suffice!? Nooo... I will become a Huntress, just like them! I just need to work harder!"

Speaking to herself in an isolated corner of the airship. Spending most of her flight in the same spot. The airship decreases in speed and begins to drop vertically to a landing bay. There the students rolled out of the ship to be greeted with a grandiose school architecture. A place where huntsmen and huntresses are trained. Beacon academy took her and other students in awe, she basically had to stop at the school's main entrance where people would just pass around her.

"Oh my... This... Is nothing like Signal... And it's more impressive in actuality than the pictures in the brochure."

She mumbled to herself. Her jaw drops and the feeling of intimidation sets in. Completely overwhelmed by the atmosphere around her, she had no other choice but to move forward as she sees the airship leave. Tightening a light pink shoulder bag around her shoulder. She proceeds to move forward, dragging her rolling bag behind her with a similar color. Her eyes were everywhere except in front of her, analyzing the whole place. She'd soon find herself lost inside the school campus as she realized people were not going on a linear path or at least her year batch. She found herself in a forking road between buildings inside the campus.

"Oh no... Where am I? I zoned out for a minute! No... Now what? I'm gonna be late!"

Her small face became visibly upset. Now trying to familiarize her location, to save herself from the embarrassment of panicking in public, she commits to eating her burnt toasted sandwich that she pulled out of her bag. It was bitter and very audibly crunchy but better than nothing. She began power walking towards a four-way intersection where she could see a playing field of sorts.

Last edited:
Atomic Blackwell
Interactions: Xander EldridSmith EldridSmith / Location: Corridors of the Entrance hall
21cdfa8d08e4ee2031412db942e712cc.jpg The first thing Atomic did once Saphiria ran off was take a load off. He was used to labor but he wasn't expecting his sister's luggage to be carrying pounds of what felt like rocks. He leaned against the wall letting out a heavy sigh. His thoughts swirled to earlier events wondering what he could say to comfort the girl should he encounter her. He had no idea she would be opposed, yet there was a definite possibility he didn't wish to account for. Sure it's fine to be attached to the bubbly girl, but constantly having her as a companion could be considered a bore. He wanted a chance to reinvent himself and space himself from his sibling. Was it really so wrong to ask for a breath of fresh air? The wolf Faunus runs a hand through his hair in distress. The entire ordeal felt like a selfish desire to depend on one another's survival. While it's true it's a key component in being a Huntsman in a world full of Grimm, being with the same person he grew up with for the entirety of his life can be strenuous.

The longer he contemplated, the less his ideas made sense. Luckily, he didn't have to think for long as a bulging, teen approached Atomic raising enough to question if the lad was indeed part giant. Atomic switched between the bags and the boy. "No, thanks I'm fine. I'm just holding it for someone." He shoots him a ghost of a smile hoping the stranger would be off instead of following up with small talk. The last thing the Faunus wanted was to be buddy-buddy with anyone other than his future teammates. The only needed conversation should be the topic of school or combat. Anything else is considered a waste of time.

0F5C1EF3-BE57-452D-8232-DF369E9FCB52.jpeg

Asher Cobalt
interaction: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
form the airship offloading ramps was first a rather large rolling object it seemed to be almost a small closet with verious things hanging off it almost like a mobile forge of some kind, hanging of the front where two more notible things one huge sword made of some blackish crystal it looked expertly crashed and polished infact it seemed as if it was made of one whole peice. the other was some sorta oversized cannon sword hybrid it didn't seem fiesable for a person to carry it well a normal person at least. once pushed out the rather abnormal figure whom could wield such large weapons was reveled a fanus who had one horn and one damage horn upon his head. the male had a jacket hanging on them and a sort of bodysuit exaggerating there toned muscular figure. most staggeringly was how huge the boy was.. over 2 meters tall.. rather imposing, the sigil on the side of the big storage trunk was a sort of cobalt blue. indicating the male was likly of the patly name cobalt family and thusly cobalt custom manufacturing. this was asher. "hu wow this place is really big i like it" he'd comment casually to no one with a lazy smile upon his face as he seemed to be pushing the heavy load rather easily or maybe it just had alot of wheels, whistling as he went earning a few stares form passers by one poor guy running into a pole in a commedic sort of way "oh you ok there dude?" asher asked them casually the boy saying they where fine before moving on asher getting to a intersection of sort.. he really needed to find somwhere to put his things. these thoughts where interupted as he'd end up spotting a girl powerwalking with great determination she'd basically run into the trunk asher was rolling so pushing it across the crossing it ended up with asher steping out and the girl running into him already off balance the male fell over. "oof yeah im good.. sorry about that you where gonna run into my stuff" asher said despite being flat on the dirt he seemed rather calm with all of it.

Nula Dopplers

Location: school road intersection, near location 29 (Play field)

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Asher)

1638398044197.png

In the rush of searching. She has been preoccupied with her own thoughts, taking notes of the intersection and the building she just passed by. Following random students was not the ideal move, everyone was going everywhere. Which made her ask the question.

"Where am I suppose to go? I haven't heard from anyone where I am suppose to be going! I knew I arrived in time! So where!?"

Speaking to herself in a panicked voice. Despite the passing students she failed to speak to one. The wandering lost kid was put into tango with another aspiring student of Beacon.

A sudden head on collision made her flinch and let her glasses dangle in her face.

"Kyah!"

She screamed. Taking a few steps back after feeling something solid and warm from her cheek. She turned to face the source of her powerwalk stopper. Adjusting her glasses back properly. She dropped her hand held bag to the ground cover her mouth with both hands. The one she bumped into was a large boy pushing a box of who knows what's in there. She instantly recognized him as a faunus for his one horn. Isn't there usually two? It is rude to ask and not the main point. This boy was twice bigger than him, yet he's the one the ground. His physique is nothing like she's seen. Even on the ground it doesn't take a measure tape to tell how tall he is, plus his outfit puts an emphasis on his well built body. She stared to him as he appears to look like a capable huntsman with his appearance alone, he looks he can snap an Ursa in two with his bare hands and he's on the floor while she remains standing upright.

"Yeah! A-are... Okay? I'm s-sorrie!"

Her voice trembling to apologize to the boy. She mistook his calmness as some sort of calm anger. Her hands trying their best not to shake in fear out of what they might say next.

"It was... My fault. I'm stupid..."
She mumbled her last two words. She couldn't even look at him directly in the eyes. Her right hand starts stroking her left arm, her toes now facing each other while she just noticed she was littering the school with her burnt breakfast, now on the grass. She just looks like she bracing for impact to what the tall guy would say or do next.

Last edited:
Lapis Pauk
Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid

q51bTLs.jpg

Lapis had come to this school a few days ago before the new batch of first years with the headmaster, who she still had a hard time believing was a full grown man. The place was fancy and it was bigger than any settlement of her home land, but it had been rather boring, there were no Grimm to fight, no places that were not already on a map. She did hope the rest of the kingdom of vale was not like this, though what exactly a kingdom was Lapis was still unsure of as it looked from what she had seen to just be a very big city. Really this place was far to different for Lapis to be comfortable , with lights that didn't burn, to the magic of the scroll it was all to much, she had even been told the scroll was not magic but it seemed like magic to her. Her idea of the school was also different, for one she didn't quite understand why it was needed her people just learned on their own why didn't these people? Lapis had truly expected the school to teach by throwing them at grimm making them fight them constantly and getting rid of those to weak to fight. that was what happened at home if you were weak or unlucky a grimm got you.

Lapis had decided she wanted to watch the other new students arrive, but had quickly gotten bored of that as she saw people who should know how to fight not children that needed to learn. She also a lack of struggle in them a lack of fire that was in her home here they did not have the heart that burned to survive that was present in even the youngest of children in darkwell. Lapis really didn't get how people could look so very soft like the grimm didn't bother them. They had come here to learn to fight grimm when the grimm didn't attack? The headmaster had told her the place was peaceful, but she had never thought it possible that peaceful meant anything but a short term reprieve from attacks. The idea that grimm were not a threat to every man woman and child at every hour of the day was to far beyond her scope of understanding and her idea of the world. Soft people should not survive , they did not survive , that was a simple truth of the world of her world and here that simple truth was challenged.

Lapis had retreated form the student to the pond and up into one of the trees planted there. She coudl have gone to her room, but the beds were to soft and the pace was to enclosed it was hard to sleep. Lapis liked this better, she liked the trees she was at home in them in nature. Lapis had spent plenty of nights sleeping in trees or other places when she had gone to watch grimm in the north and well a tree was as close as she would get to that. It was as Lapis was relaxing having removed her shoes, she still didn't know why she needed them if anything they hindered her, and decided to try to stay out of sight until the others had come and gone, they were likely to soft to know ot look for threats everywhere and would not find her.

It was as Lapis relaxed on a high up branch she heard sounds from below and looking down she saw some girl sit on the bench below the tree. The girl didn't seem to notice lapis above her as she stared into the water and called herself an idiot. Lapis would have to agree Grimm came when you felt bad so she was calling them , though Grimm attacking would be fun and fun didn't happen here. Still what could a soft girl like this have to feel stupid for?

Lapis moved and slowly lowered herself down hanging upside down by her threads as she moved herself in front of the girl " You do not look dead so how are you an idiot?" Lapis asked idiots died the smart and strong lived and this girl was not dead so she could not be an idiot.

Lucoco

Lucoco's luck was never that good to begin with, but it seemed she underestimated on how much money she would spent. She hadn't even going into Beacon and she only had 100 lien left, not only that but there's only one more ship that would go to the school so she had no choice but to use some trick. Nothing harmful, she simply made that 100 lien looks like 250 with her semblance. Just enough so she would be able to board the ship. She would also pay the rest later when she finally got more money from her hunter job, promise, probably, maybe.

Her bad luck hadn't end there though. The shaking of the ship during the trip was more than enough to force her to unload her breakfast onto the ground far beneath them. At least she already expected this one and made some preparations, so after she emptied her stomach she decided to stay on the deck and wrapped her entire body in several thick blankets, making her looks like a bundle of clothes with only a pair of rabbit ears sticking out of it. It was a rudiculous method she discovered herself but it works wonder. She practically shut almost all her senses, only picking sounds with her rabbit ears which made her able to feel like she wasn't on an airship but a flying car. With nothing to do but enduring the journey, Lucoco spent her time overhearing a lot things. Some fellow Beacon students talked about school rumours, the ship staff singing a Vacuan shanty, the rumbling and rattling of the machine somewhere below... at one point the faunus started to doze off inside her blankets.

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka

1638511739986.png
Asher Cobalt
Asher sat up on the ground looking at the girl as he dusted himself off. he'd look at the small rather worried girl with a sheepish grin. "yeah yeah I'm ok how about you? sorry, i my stuff was gonna hit you and i paused it out of the way" Asher would chuckle a little bit. "turns out i ended up in the way and you ran into me instead" Asher would reply with a small grin as the girl seemed to be rather scared. "like i said its really not an issue.. oh im assure by the way" he'd say with a grin extending his hand for a handshake seeing as he was sitting on the ground the boy was about the bespecled girls height.

Nula Dopplers

1638706907130.png

Wait he's not mad? Finally taking eye contact with the huge Faunus boy. He appears to be unfazed to a minor inconvenience, she didn't caught his bad side, luckily.

She remained bashful towards the huge one, looking around to check for witnesses, none so far. Still keeping distance with him, although still arm length for him. She picked up her bag that she dropped and stood it upright, when she turned around. She was greeted with a handshake gesture. What did he say his name was? Too late to ask now. This guy is strangely tall. Even at a sitting position he still stand tall, or sit rather. He appeared friendly enough, despite his nonchalant reaction.

Slowly she extends her left hand, a bit shaky out of reasonable nervousness while her other fist keeps close to her lips.

"I'm... I-i..."

Struggling to say the right words. She clears her throat immediately. He might feel her hand tugging as if trying to pull him up in futile effort.

"I'm sorry..."

"Nula, I'm Nula... I want to... A... Huntress..."

She stops tugging and started to shake his hand slowly to save herself from the embarrassment of attempting to lift a guy 3 times her size. Judging by their hand size, her small soft hand were engulfed by a hardworking hand. It's usually warm, as in like a heating hot bag of water. Removing her hand almost instantly from the surprising increasing heat.

"I got L...ost. I'm looking to where to go next."

She looks at the ground with a discouraged look of sadness. Holding both hands tight to her pink shoulder bag whilst her right shoe twists itself side to side. Despite her looks she is however strapped with weapons, specifically a two metallic baton of sorts, magnetized behind her back. Serves as a dual wielding weapon while a plasma pistol of with a mag under the front barrel dangles from the holster belt of her red pleated skirt.

Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

(Open for interactions)

Last edited:
The Bonaventure Charlie bled off speed, coasting up against the wind on the final approach. Beacon drifted slowly closer below them. Tanner hung off to the side of the ship again, next to the wayward port sail as a precaution. Next to him the old automatic winch whined and pulled the fin like sails slowly shut. Tanner kept half an ear on the familiar creak and rattle of rope and canvas, while his eyes roamed the school. He could see the bollards by the skydock where they’d pull in, filled mostly with fancier steel ships. Fast clippers, good for going around town, but they guzzled fuel like a Mistrali noble. His gaze shifted to other students. Some fancy looking big bloke sprawled about with a tiny slip of a girl. Bundle of others. For half a second he spotted what looked like another sailor, some girl dangling up from a tree. Alas, before he could go take a closer look, his Dad called out.

“All hands, all hands, prepare for docking! Passenger gatter at the rear cargo door. Tanner, Chinney, moiring lines.” the man called out over the speakers.

Tanner ran up the side of the ship and landed on deck with a twirl.

“Ahoy Chinny! Yer up for handling the front mooring lines yerself by now right?” he called out to his younger sister. She nodded, determined eyes shining out from under her leather flight helmet.

“Good! I’ll handle the knotting, you handle the winches!” he said with a thumbs up. Slightly more confident than he actually felt.

The front mooring lines, the most important lines for a safe landing, were now in her hands. She’d done it before, but still, that was always with someone else around. When the lines went taut, that meant they just took on the full weight of the ship. A pair of winches would slowly unroll more rope, acting as a final set of brakes. Even at the slow speed, a single mistake with the winches would throw the ship around like a kite in a storm, snap a line with enough strength to rip someone in half, aura be damned, or tear a multi ton dollard out from the ground like an errant weed.

All this in the hands of a fourteen year old.

Eh, she needed to do this by herself at some point. Now would be as good a time as any. Tanner slid down easily and swung the loops around their assigned stubby little posts. Overhead, Bonaventure Charlie came to a stately halt as Chinny delicately turned on some dials on her scroll. Tanner’s heart briefly stopped when he heard a faint rumble and the ship actually visibly rolled a little. Just a false alert, thank the gods, just a little bit of rocking, all well within the ordinary. Chinny held the ship well in hand, tongue poking out just a little in concentration.

Other than that little heart stopper, they landed with a minimum of fuss. Rigging temporarily stowed, lines secured and with the ramp lowered for passengers, Tanner quickly swung round to the bridge.

Tanner didn’t quite know what to say, and now, at the moment of truth, he even found it difficult to look his family in the eye. His father, Dara, stood as the very model of a calm and controlled captain. His bigger sister Liz quietly counted out the money before she put it in their safe behind him. His mother clambered up from the lower decks and fondly stroked his cheek once. Then, one bone crushing hug later, she pulled back with a shuddering breath.

His father stared out, hands steady on the ship’s helm, and finally broke the silence.

“Be hard without ye lad, but we’ll havta manage.” the man mused.

“Aye.” Tanner replied awkwardly.

His mother wiped a tear from her eye and nodded.

“Love ye. Now go.” she said softly. A thought struck Tanner.

“Don worry, Leeslie has eye on a strappin fahrmer lad down in Patch, ye’ll be fine.” he said with a sly grin.

“TANNER!” said sister said outraged. Dara slowly rotated around to face her with the inevitability of a battleship turret.

“Explain.” he said calmly.

“Oh look at that time bye dah!” Tanner fired off as he darted for the door.

“I WILL SKIN YOU!” Leeslie shouted after him.

“Love you too sis byeeee!” Tanner yelled back. He darted out over the decks. Chinney sat near the cargo crane, tending to her grappling hooks. Tanner slowed down as she looked up.

“Gonna miss ye.” he said simply. She nodded, quiet much like mum.

“Take pictures okay?” she simply asked, then gave him a bone crushing hug.

“Will do!” Tanner said as he returned the hug briefly. He checked around, sure enough they still needed to unload the luggage, and some passengers still needed to get off. Right then, one final part of the job. He unceremoniously tossed a pile of blankets on the cargo pallet.

Wait a minute, did that pile of blankets have ears? Why was it squishy?

Mentioned: Karcen Karcen Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Interacted: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:
Weldon had arrived several hours ahead of the majority of his peers, having hitched a ride with his uncle as the older man made a routine shipping delivery to Vale. "Make me and your parents proud boy," He had said with the same strain in his voice that was always there when he talked about Weldon's parents, "And maybe don't scare all the girls off with your incessant flirting. You and I both know your father wanted you to continue the Earl bloodline."

Weldon has simply chuckled and said, "How can I continue the bloodline if I don't flirt?"

Lapis Valentine had responded with a smack to the back of his nephew's head and a, "Don't be a smartass. I'd better get these crates delivered, take care and call me to let me know you survived initiation."

"Aye-aye."

So here Weldon was exploring the campus for what felt like the hundredth time. Thankfully this time he was talking on the scroll with a couple of his friends back in Atlas. "Congrats again to the both of you on getting through your initiation. Maybe send me some of your luck, huh?"

"And how do you suggest we do that exactly?" A female voice responded. "From you, Sylvia blowing a kiss might work," Weldon shot back with an easy smile on his face. He could practically feel her eye roll through the phone and he could hear the groan of the girl's male companion. "Weldon please stop provoking her she might take it out on me since you're not here," said male companion nervously stated.

As the blue-haired young man continued wandering the campus he noticed a blonde girl sitting under a tree. "Sorry, Rusty just one more time. Hey Sylvia this might be your last chance to get together with me, I've already seen several attractive girls here and I think I found the first one I'm gonna talk to."

"You're incorrigible Weldon, maybe if you were irresistible I might be interested," Sylvia responded. "Okay gonna talk to another cute blonde then. Bye." "Weldon Earl don't you dare hang up on u-"

As he hung up he thought he might have heard a feminine scream of frustration on the wind. It was so easy to mess with those two and gods was he going to miss them. Now, where was he? Right, talking to the cute blonde under a tree.

As he approached the girl he overheard part of the conversation she was having with another young man. "Excuse me, miss, I hate to interrupt your conversation with your...boyfriend here. But could you perhaps keep a poor boy company?" He requested with his most winning smile.

Interactions: Prodigious Mage Prodigious Mage

1638902084889.png
Buc Iron
Buc had been sitting at a bench he had chosen at random minding his own business when things began to pick up aground him. First a spider girl of some sort scrambled up the nearby tree, having not apparently noticed the boy that sat and stared like a very realistic statue. Then came the other girl who looked to be a rather large mess that he, quite frankly, wanted no part of. But if he moved now, both of the two that had chosen to ignore him would be forced to acknowledge him. And who knew what they would do after that? One seemed to noisy, and the other seemed like a country bumkin from some far flung place. He was a country bumkin to, but at least he didn't climb trees for the hell of it.

Moving ever so slowly, he pulled an opened bag of chips from one of his pockets. And oh so slowly and oh so carefully, he grabbed a particularly large chip and brought it to his mouth. The obnoxiously large crunch that followed announced his presence to the other two, who he waved to before continuing to oh so slowly and oh so carefully crunch on his bag of chips.

1638511739986.png

Asher Cobalt
asher listen to the girl carefully she seemed so darn skittish introducing herself as Nula at least that what it sounded like the girl appeared to be incredibly intimidated by Asher causing the boy to frown just a little bit. "hey its ok no need to be so worried course your here to be a huntress i mean i wouldn't be here if i didnt want to be one" asher paused realising the silliness of his own point and chuckling a bit. "hunter i mean gosh that was poorly worded" he'd chuckle a bit more. "but hi im asher cobalt" he'd say calmly as the girl tried to pull him up asher getting up carefully as the girl did try. sorta looking over her as he looked at her gear. "Hmm nice equipment there seems to suit you well as for where to go i was wondering the same thing" he'd say before reaching over to grab his stuff.

Saphiria Blackwell
Interactions: Lapis Karcen Karcen /Location: Pond/ Mentions: Buc Soviet Panda Soviet Panda
0433924596ea4f100d0a3a2d3173032a.jpg After a long, pensive state, Saphira managed to collect herself but the uneasy feeling remained still unable to accept the fact that what Atomic said would be a high possibility. Beacon Academy isn't a sleep-away camp to build relationships as she studied, she is there to hone her skills to the utmost best of her capabilities. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to have a familiar face on the team, right? She sighed heavily frustrated with the various scenarios. She was getting worked up over nothing. A feminine voice breaks the solitude, and as though it's been expected, Saph replies, "that's true. If I were dumb, I could be in a worse situation with a Grimm, but this kind of feeling has to do with being childish over something that hasn't happened."

As the white-haired girl raises her head where she comes face to face with a creepy, crawly spider Faunus. The girl grows pale frozen by their presence for a moment before taking a deep breath and shooting to their feet and stumbling backward while screaming. "Wh-what are you? I-I mean how did you-" she points to the tree above then back to the Faunus. "-Did you descend from the tree?" At the same time, she had yet to notice another Faunus, although they stuck out like a sore thumb with their antlers, eating chips in the art of invisibility.

Lapis Pauk
Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

q51bTLs.jpg

A crunch alerted Lapis that there was more than her and this girl here, the statue had come to life. Well he wasn't really a statue and Lapis just had not been in the mood to notice people when she had decided to relax. It was only now that he was eating that Lapis remembered he existed. Well he wasn't hurting anyone and if anything his ability to remain that still and calm might help against grimm. They liked it when people got excited and active it called to them, thus remaining sunny was a good way to hide from them or just remaining calm. The girl seemed to get some of what Lapis said, though not in the way someone from home would understand and Lapis understood she didn't know what the girl was feeling dumb over. Lapis had kind of thought she felt dumb in general, maybe someone had countered higher than her or had thought up a trick she hadn't, that was what would make lapis feel dumb. Still to feel dumb over what had not happened how could one do that? Lapis didn't really think to much ahead beyond fights and some situations, it was like that at home where living to tomorrow was a hope not a guarantee. People lived day to day, a few planned ahead but there was no time to worry about what had yet to happen.

What happened next surprised Lapis as the girl started screaming, for no reason. There were no threats, no great grimm coming, no one had died, those were things to fear and none were here. It was only when the girl started asking very obvious questions that Lapis realized the girl was for some reason scared by her. That was odd, Lapis didn't think of herself as very scary to others, she had even found pretty stones and had them made in jewelry for her head to look pretty. Then she asked the obvious about the tree as if she could not see the threads that lapis held onto and lapis wondered if this girl could not climb a tree.

" If i didn't come down from the tree i would not be hanging here" Lapis said as her arms moved and she quickly turned herself right side up and lowered herself to the ground. " Still you are much more strange than someone in a tree feeling bad over something that has yet to happen. You shouldn't bother to worry i mean you could die at any time so why worry" Lapis shrugged " Well I mean I guess not here, this place is to boring for that "

Lapis looked to the guy eating chips it was a bit cheap to call in someone to help make your point, but well he didn't seem to be doing anything important. " You agree right? It is silly to worry about latter when it might not happen? " Lapis asked as it dawned more on her that others might not think like her in terms of what was important.

Saphiria Blackwell
Interactions: Lapis Karcen Karcen & Buc Soviet Panda Soviet Panda / Location: Pond
0433924596ea4f100d0a3a2d3173032a.jpg The answer Lapis gave made it incredibly obvious how she's keeping herself off the ground and a perfectly clear view of them latched onto what appears to be a string of sorts. As the strange girl sets her feet on ground level, Saph found herself flustered and ashamed for discriminating against the young girl. It was a mere reaction, having never witnessed anyone like her. "I'm sorry! You took me by surprise and I'm not used to seeing...someone as unique." She explained. "I shouldn't have said those awful things. Your jewels are pretty." Finally calming down, Saph takes a better look at the possible Faunus. Her arms were nothing human-like giving the impression of being something different. She continued to speak, calling the huntress "strange" over her earlier response. It's true that Saph was previously worrying over something insignificant over a dire situation, but it didn't make her feel any better. There were different topics, and whether or not the stranger understood is subjective. "I-I know, but it's a personal matter that I can't help shake." She said.

She quirked a brow when they mentioned Beacon being boring. How could a famous city that worked so hard to prosper be boring? If anything, it would progress in reviving humanity. She supposed a different upbringing made for a different perspective. "This place is safe." She corrected, now staring off into the horizon. "People here have a chance to make a choice, to live a life of peace. Isn't that what we're trying to accomplish?" She queried. As if steered off, the Faunus turns to someone from behind for backup. Another Faunus with antlers quietly eating chips. How Saph never noticed them is beyond her. She puffs her cheeks, disheartened by their tactic. It was rude to be ganged on, but it's different to have different views. It was as though the spider Faunus was trying to drag the truth out.

Nula Dopplers
Location: Intersection near Playfield #29, relocating to Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka & Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread 's location
Interaction: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Remaining her worried look. Hopefully, she'll lighten up. This towering fellow was also a student just like her. To her surprise she was confused. She could have easily mistaken him as a visiting huntsman or even a teaching staff. His towering appearance can make the lamp-post down the path look like his weapon. Exaggerated imagination aside. She looked over her shoulder to check why Asher is keeping focused on them. It was her weapons. A stark contrast in the color scheme. The girl began to twiddle her thumbs and try to avoid eye contact with Asher.

"Thank you... I-i made it myself... Y-you have nice equipment."

"We need to find where to go next."

Hesitating to say that her Auntie also helped her work with it to avoid the embarrassment and fake a little more confidence. Looking around she notices her perfectly burnt toast still on the floor, ants rushing together to just even get a crumb. A giant hand already beating them to the chase. Nula picked the toast off the grass and tossed it overhead to the nearest trashcan, ignoring whether or not the Faunus was watching. Pulling her bag to roll against the concrete. She walked down the cross-path just two to six steps away. Not wanting to waste any more time looking to where luggage should be dropped, her awkward sudden fast walking speed should be enough to know that she's in a hurry. Finding herself to a should be familiar location but from where came, it looked completely new. There was a nearby airship unloading students and luggage. The flow of people made her ease down for a moment, realizing she didn't dwell too far off from the crowd flow.

39b889b3122a210295be0e941bdce525.jpg
Seeing as his offer was refused he felt it best to move on and help someone else with their bags lest he get into an awkward conversation, he wasn't very socially equipped compared to most people as he lived in a rural town where everyone knew everyone. He knew it would take time to adjust to his new surroundings but he was feeling it especially right now as he was surrounded by strangers who weren't part of a slow paced community where everyone was able to stop and talk to someone else about their day. "Well have a nice day then." Xander declared before moving towards the loading area.

On the way he noticed a group off students, who of which were talking. He wanted to say hello and be friendly but he also wasn't sure what to do in the situation, so he awkwardly stood nearby trying to think of how to approach the group. The more he looked the more he realized both of the girls were very attactive, one who had her arms in her sleeves was cute and the other was another brand that reminded him of his mother, though she seemed nervous. In the end he slowly approached them. "Hello... may I ask what's going on over here, she seems to be... uncomfortable? Nervous..? " He asked politely inquired trying to not give away he had no idea what he was doing nor that he was nervous.

Pumpkid Pumpkid Karcen Karcen Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Sorry it's short I'll have more next time)

Lapis Pauk
Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid Soviet Panda Soviet Panda EldridSmith EldridSmith

q51bTLs.jpg

Lapis mostly just tilted her head and looked confused by what the girl was saying stammering out apologies. Lapis didn't know why she was, she hadn't really said anything bad as Lapis had surprised her. The idea that people might not like her kind didn't even cross her mind as it was not a thing back home, when everything outside was trying to kill you people tended to get over differences. With the pressure and generations of mixing there was no difference between faunus and human treatment in her home. Lapis did smile when her jewels were complemented it took a lot of work and many grimm kills to find the stones.

When the girl spoke of this place being safe that reminded Lapis why she was bored of it, she lived with constant danger, her life hung by a thread at almost all times. This place where people could relax and grow soft was just not something she got. The concept that there was anything beyond hunting that killing to just survive and protect those around you was something no one back home would think of. They barely held on they had no time for lofty goals and ideals. Grimm were things to kill or be killed by and Lapis only sought to kill and somewhat understand them.

" I am here because the headmaster said hunters killed grimm. I came because i kill grimm as well" Lapis explained her reasoning simple her " It is kill or be killed with them so i kill them" It was not some grand ideal Lapis worked for or even to be rid of grimm she just killed them to live.

The another person showed up and asked if everything was okay " I don't know I think i just spooked her a bit" again not seeing the idea that someone might insult a faunus for being a faunus and coming to the only conclusion her mind allowed.

Lucoco

Lucoco woke up when she suddenly felts like she's being thrown around. Oh, no. The ship must be doing some acrobatic again. She thought, but when the sensation quickly stopped she realized that wasn't the case. The faunus slowly peeked out of her blankets and noticed that she's currently on top of a cargo piles on a pellet being unloaded onto the school ground.

"I guess this is what I get for the dicounted ticket." She said to herself.

The moment the pellet finally landed on the ground Lucoco immediately rolled down the cargo pile while still keeping her blankets intact, transforming her into a moving ball of clothes. Students and staffs alike stepped out of her way as she continued rolling for a few more meters before the momentum gradually stopped in front of a girl with glasses and a towering faunus beside her. The rabbit ears came out first before Lucoco's head poked out of the blankets, upside down. She turned her head around to look at her surrounding before her gaze locked with Nula's and Asher's.

"Hello, good day. I am not a suspicious person at all... Also, can I get some help with the blankets? Please? Feels like they're tangling my legs and hands a bit too much." The blankets ball swing left and right as the girl inside try to move her body but it only made her looks more like a turtle that had been toppled.

Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

1638511739986.png

Asher Cobalt
interaction: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
Asher simply smiled the awkward girl avoiding eye contact with him was kind of expected he was a bit intimidating… ok scratch that he was actually rather intimidating. Ashers eyes seemed to light up with a spark of excitement. “Oh really you made it yourself nicely done for an armature, but I think their could be a few improvements I … ok I should really stop myself from geeking out sorry.” Asher said with a small awkward smile Looking around to see Nula had already walked off to look for were they where supposed to go. “Yeah we probs should“ he Added on returning to pushing the oversized luggage case. Of course it was mostly spare bits he through he might need to help work on other peoples weapons Or just his own. His gaze staring at the airships docking and one that kinda looked more like a trade vessel? Odd maybe one of the students here was gonna be the kid of an airship captain? Asher didn’t really know but it was an interesting prospect.

Thoughts quickly ripped away when some rolling ball of cloth barreling towards himself and Nula. “Oh thats probably not very good“ asher commented watching the blanket ball eventually stopped Rabbit ears popping out first from the ball like some kinda blanket bunny only for the rest of the faunus’s head to poke out of the blanket ball claiming she was totally not suspicious whatsoever. “Oh hi miss“ Asher gave a small wave at staring down at the rabbit Faunus. Who then asked if she could get some help pulling her out of the blankets. “Ok sure you ok though? Seems a little rough of a landing” Asher asked curiously, picking up the blanket balled girl whom would probably already feel the heat radiating from Asher As he pulled away the material trapping the girl so he was just kinda awkwardly holding her in the air before putting her down. “Better now? Miss?“

Nula Dopplers
Mention: Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka
Interaction: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

1639359360708.png

Out of the airship, multiple cargo continues on unloading. She noticed something odd about the airship, going so far as to squint her glasses midway into the docks. It looked different from the other airships to Beacon. Is this what the airships look like before? Why does this one feel off? Trying to find peace within her mind, later interrupted by a barreling ball of whatever cloth is rolling into her peripheral vision and towards her. Flinching at the sight of it, she stood frozen in place. Luckily the ball of clothing was slowing down its momentum. Coming to a complete stop between her and Asher who she did not notice was tagged along with her. She observed the cloth ball carefully, trying to figure out why it rolled its way out of the airship and into her feet. Two pairs of rabbit ears emerged out of the ball.

"Eh!?"

She jumped back, not expecting a pair of rabbit ears to pop out. It later grew out a head, a girl's head to be more specific. All grinning as if it was all planned. The first words that came out of her mouth were "Hello", followed by a statement that she is not suspicious at all. Nula's face obviously looked confused, trying to figure out what she just witnessed. Stepping aside for Asher as he came to rescue the Faunus girl out of her soft fabric containment sphere. He picked up the rabbit girl like he just dug her out of a hole before putting her down to the ground. Is she a student too? Why did she roll out like that? More questions flood her brain. Looking down to the now untangled clothing scattered across the floor. She picked up one of the clothing realized its shape and size size.

"...T-this is a blanket...?"

Spreading up with both of her arms trying to show its size. Which also doubled as a curtain for her as she saw a few students looking in their direction trying to see the outcome of the rolling ball of cloth. A blanket from the airship? Who does this even belong to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back