• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Rune Factory•Stardew Valley•Harvest Moon Canon Character Roleplay! (Saltspill Village)

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
Screenshot_20220810-133218.png

Intro
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝
Greetings RPN! Been a while, huh?

Well, a friend recently got me back into the Rune Factory series, and after a rousing conversation about Harvest Moon and other similar games, we decided to make a crossover RP of sorts!

This will be a VERY casual RP, in fact this be half RP, half just a place to chill, hangout, etc. No worries about making posts on time or making them overly long, just keep everyone updated and have fun! We will also have a few channels for non-canon RP that's just for people who wanna write a certain character with other characters that you can't do at the moment for story reasons, but is otherwise completely optional.

To be clear, this is NOT a Discord only RP. There is a server with non canon RP, but the character sheets and main in character thread will be on site!

Concept
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝
Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, Stardew Valley--you can claim any characters from these series, and a series that fits the genre if you make a good case for it. This
is a crossover rp where we can choose a character from a canon and add whatever headcanons and recon whatever you'd like, as long as they still resemble their canon selves to some degree. If you liked the concept or even just the design of the character and not the execution, this is the rp for you. Welcome aboard!

Claim a character below along the title of the game it was from and we'll put you under the list. You are free to have a character be on the side as well that's not necessary to include in every single scene. The only obligations is that you don't take too many fan-favorite characters and leave some for others.

Be free to also take your characters' family members so that way you can keep your characters' agency and nobody else can claim them. We'll put the character under parentheses so that way nobody will think that's your main character!

Now, onto the story!

Story
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

This is set, obviously, in a fusion of the Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory setting. No worrying about isekai, it's as if the universe has always been like this. Technology is similar to Stardew Valley, in that it's modern, but also somewhat like Rune Factory in that there's also magic, the same monsters and magical technology.

The setting of this little story is the town of Saltspill! Founded centuries ago after the discovery of a nearby salt mine, it has the dubious honor of possibly being the world's most unlucky town. You could fill an entire book just listing every bad thing that's happened to this little place. Fires, floods, earthquakes, despite there being no fault lines, and yet none of it can compare to the most recent tragedy.

A month ago, an event of such magnitude, such horror occurred, that it could only be divine punishment.

The Locustnado.

It's…about what you'd expect. A tornado made of locusts. Or maybe just a tornado with locusts in it? Who cares. Regardless, the crops were ruined, buildings for torn apart, bugs got EVERYWHERE, things aren't great. And to top it off, monsters, who are usually not very hostile unless provoked, were not too happy about the sin of nature that was the Locustnado, and have become much more aggressive. Because seeing a tornado with bugs in it isn't something that makes you very happy.

Our characters, consisting mainly of canon characters from the included series are townsfolk who are tired of watching the town constantly being torn down and rebuild. To avoid this, and to help around, they have formed the Helper's Guild, which…does what it says. It helps around town, whether that be cooking, cleaning, gathering ingredients, or fighting monsters.

The problem? It's split into two teams and…sometimes the friendly part of "friendly rivalry" gets thrown out.

Also, before I forget! As a quick reminder, There's a LOT of games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, etc. So if you want to play a character from a different but fitting series, let us know and we'll probably let you play them! Again, this is more about the friendship aspect of RPing rather than the writing aspect.

So feel free to join in! We promise we aren't too weird. All evidence to the contrary aside.

Rules
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝
LGBTQ+ Friendly. If you have an issue with that, this isn't the RP for you.

As mentioned, this is half rp, half hangout space. Meaning no pressure to rush out your posts right away!

Because this is also a hang out space and a rp where we will probably swear, I ask that you be 18 and older. Also just for the sake that we want to hang out with people who are our age or older and it would make any romances in the RP HEAVILY uncomfortable. Thank you for understanding!

Be respectful. If there's a debate, be respectful during said debate. If there's an argument, please handle it outside of the server and be respectful. Don't be afraid to contact one of the admins if it gets out of hand!

Spoilers under tags! If you want to talk about a spoiler in a franchise or add something to a character that spoils the main game, please put that detail under a spoiler tag.

The character sheet will be up when it's up. Until then, be free to claim a character below!

Claimed Characters
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝
-Claimed Rune Factory Characters-
Jake(Egan), Gaius, Karina(Hazel), Russel

-Claimed Stardew Valley Characters-
Harvey, Leah, Sam

-Claimed Harvest Moon Characters-
Calvin, Soseki, Kai, Gray, Ann, Elli

-Claimed Story of Seasons Characters-​

Last edited:
Two questions,just out of curiosity.

This will be carried out mainly or entirely on Discord?

And if this setting includes Rune Factory,then perhaps characters from something like the Atelier series would fit as well?

Two questions,just out of curiosity.

This will be carried out mainly or entirely on Discord?

And if this setting includes Rune Factory,then perhaps characters from something like the Atelier series would fit as well?
First answer is yes! I've found Discord is my preferred place to RP

Second answer is...well, another question. What's the world of Atelier like?

Well,each Atelier game/trilogy has a different setting,but I'd say all in all it's fairly close to Rune Factory. Fantasy with some anachronistic technology,overall steampunk or magitek themed. You can look it up.

There are a few different types of magic in Atelier but the focus is alchemy which involves using one's innate magic to activate the properties of natural materials to create something that's greater than the sum of its parts. Creating things like potions,foods,equipment,or machines with special powers.

Well,each Atelier game/trilogy has a different setting,but I'd say all in all it's fairly close to Rune Factory. Fantasy with some anachronistic technology,overall steampunk or magitek themed. You can look it up.

There are a few different types of magic in Atelier but the focus is alchemy which involves using one's innate magic to activate the properties of natural materials to create something that's greater than the sum of its parts. Creating things like potions,foods,equipment,or machines with special powers.
I'd say that fits! As long as the characters are balanced, welcome aboard! I'll message ya with the server in a bit, we're still getting it ready

Hi there! This sounds interesting.

I would like to play Russell from Rune Factory if that's alright. (I'm also fine if someone else later on wants to play his daughter Cecilia. I'm really only familiar with her child version anyways.)

After much time, the CS is up!

Can you be any character from any of those series? Or is it from one specific runefactory or harvest moon game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back