Rundown Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her eyes widened a bit as she watched him fix the benches with a wave of his hand. She gave a nod to him, unable to say much. It was true their were all sorts of people in this world, magic being one thing that fascinated her a lot. She watched as he walked away as she took a seat on the now new looking bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kai walked up to Karson "Sir, is there anything else that could use fixing here while y'all are staying here?" He smiled kindly

She smiled, "I can do that." She turned and grabbed the water slowly pouring it into the mix. She moved the pot over to the fire and watched it cook. Her mind drifted to another place and time. "Meera it my turn this time, I wanna make it..." her younger brother whined, she smiled, "Okay silly..." sjeoved away letting him pour the water into the pot. A tear slid down her face and she snapped out of the past. She quickly wiped away the tear and turned back towards Larson with a small smile, "Anything else?" she asked.

There is a place nobody knows its in the sky, its in the ocean its in every reflection, but on this day it is in the sky and here there is a group of 8 circled around one man. This man's name is Merlin you may have heard of him from the legends all though they say he is dead this is all but true. What he is though isn't that surprising. He is the most powerful in this group. He may be the strongest but against them all he is weak. Their goal is to vanquish the land and start a new.

"No. I won't allow it you don't know humans. You haven't been one in thousands of years! You forget that humans can change. They can become good again. Give them the chance to prove themselves."

All eight speak at once "We are tired of waiting. But if you Merlin can prove to us that there is still some good left in this world than we will spare the rest of the humans we give you 1 year to prove to us or we will purge the world of its illnesses"

"But that isn't enough ti--"

Before he had the chance to finish speaking the 8 cast him down encased in fire and lightning. everyone in the church could hear a loud fiery ball come flying towards the church and as it got closer they could feel their hairs start to lift towards the ball as the sound of static also filled the air.

Karson raised a brow as he looked up at Kai, giving a small smirk he shook his head. "Nah, we'll only be staying here tonight. Thanks for the offer though." Turning his attention towards Meera, he easily saw the tears stream down her cheek. Standing up, he reached into his back pocket and grabbed a handkerchief. He placed a hand on her shoulder and handed her the cloth. "Scars remain and I know it's hard to get over, but life gets better. Memories remain." His voice was a mere whisper, he gave her arm a pat and went to grab the cut up meat and add it to the veggies on the fire.

Peering out the window Katherine felt a chill run up her spine, like an electrical shock had hit her. Standing to her feet and walking to the window, she gazed up into the sky and thats when she saw what seemed to be a person falling down from the sky. Gasping she grasped the window sill and soon bolted towards the door. Karson felt something strange too and as soon as he saw Katherine run out he knew something was up. The sound of the crash startled him and within seconds he left everyone and chased after his sister. Katherine witnessed the crash and started to head straight towards it, her heart racing as she felt like she needed to help this person.

@Keto_Uskai @RacingBloodWolf @Dexus

"Sometimes its the memories that haunt you..." she whispered but took the handkerchief gladly. She wiped at the tears forcing them to stop. She looked up as Kathrine ran for the door, what had she seen.

Karson looked over his shoulder at Meera and yelled out. "Katherine never gets like this, so something must be wrong. Keep an eye on that stew or we'll all be hungry!" He rushed out of the church and quickly followed Katherine, him jumping into the air as his body shifted into that of a raven, him flying over Katherine to keep his eye on her.

Meera focused on the stew that they were making, she was rather hungry and didn't want the food to be ruined. She glanced over to the other man, "So...what's your name??" She asked curious.

@Keto_Uskai

Kai bowed to Meet a "My name is Kai Uskai ma'am, it's nice meet you. What is your name?" Kai smiled gently

Katherine finally reached were the person in the sky crashed, it was in a small clearing to the west of the church. Taking a deep breath she looked into the small crater and she wasn't imagining things, it really was a man. Peering down at him for a moment she hesitated. She wasn't sure what to do, but than she thought that he could be hurt. Sliding down she stumbled to him and lightly shoot him. "A..are you alright?"

Eyeing his sister from above he was about to drop down that is until Meera's word from earlier echoed in his mind. Thinking it over for awhile, he played his pros and cons for leaving his sister in his head. The crash wasn't far from the church at all, so if anything did happen to his sister, he could reach her quickly. Circling above he crowed a few times, letting his sister know that he'll be close. Once she waved up to him in assurance, he quickly fly back to the church. He shifted back once he landed and headed back inside rubbing the back lf his neck. "Thanks Meera for watching the food, so where did you guys come from and why so curious about me and my sister? You two seem to be different just as we are." He took a seat next to the fire as he looked at both Meera and Kai.

Kai looked at karson "I am merely a wanderer, I really have no home or family" he looked down his eyes filled sadness "I am just looking for somewhere I belong."

Karson looked down into the fire and scoffed out a small chuckle. "Me and my sister are the same as you Kai. We had our parents, but they disappeared a long time ago and we have no home, hint as to why we're camping out here." He gestured around with his hand and shrugged to the situation him and his sister were in. "We've gotten used yo it though and we've met some interesting people on our wandering about."

Kai looked at Karson "My mother is dead, my father no where to be found. I just wander around and try to fit in places and never have."

Karson thought for a moment and made a serious face as he stared into the flames and occasionaly stired the stew, watching it thicken. It was like he was having an argument with himself inside his head. After a few minutes go by Karson looks over to Kai, a tight lipped expression on his face as he spoke. "Your welcome to travel with me and my sister, until you find a place you truly want to be at."

Karson couldn't help, but laugh at Kai's expression. He simple gave Kai a nod and composed himself before he made Kai feel bad. "Yeah, I'm sure. Me and Katherine don't meet nice people too often and as far as I can tell your a nice guy Kai. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

She was in the midst of stirring the food when the images filled her head, she dropped the spoon. "I...I must leave...I should have never came here or met any of you I'm so sorry..." she turned and headed for the doors. What had she been thinking it would all end the same those she got close to would be killed.

In the middle of his and Kai's conversation he saw the change of expression on Meera's face. Standing up quickly he moved to block Meera's way with his large frame,  him grabbing her wrist to stop her. "What are you talking about Meera,what's wrong?"

Kai smiled at Karson then walked after Meera "Ma'am no one deserves to be alone no matter what they think, I will go with you if you chose to leave" Kai had sadness in his eyes but a reasurring smile on his face 

She shook her head, "No...I won't ask that of either of you, especially you, you have your sister to protect...I'm sorry but I may have put you guys in danger as it is...I can't believe I wasn't thinking..." she tried to pull free of Karson's grip, "I won't have anyone else die in my place..."

Karson grabbed a hold of Meera's other wrist and than raised his voice at her in a protective way. "Shut it Meera! I make my own decisions and who say I can't protect another person, I'm not some weak fool!" His eyes had a seriousness behind them as he held onto Meera. 

"Y-you don't understand...he killed my whole village...by himself... You all seem wonderful...I can't have anything happening to you guys that would kill me on the inside." She shook her head, if Karson had been a normal human she'd have been free already. "Please...Karson...Kai..." her eyes were pleading for him to let her go so she could keep them safe.

Karson gave her a reassuring smile and pulled her into a hug, him rubbing the back of her head with one hand. Bending down he whispered into her ear softly. "Meera, I'm someone that wants to protect you. That's the type of person I am, please trust me a bit." He pulled back and gave her a bigger smile. "I promise you I won't die, none of us will."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread