Rundown Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elven.Beauty

Elder Member
Sitting upon the rundown podium that stood in the old church was a young woman, her body leaned far back on it as her hands held the sides to keep her balance, her head was tilted up towards the half broken ceiling that let in beams of light from the sun. Her somewhat long black hair tied up in a braid as her icy hues zoned out to the sky above. She wasn't particularly staring at anything, she just wasn't really paying attention at all, that is until the church door or what was left of it was kicked open. The heavy stomps of feet could be heard drawing closer to her until it stopped. Sitting up her eyes met that of her older brothers,a look of irritation on his face as he crossed his arms. She simply tilted her head as she winced out a sentence.

"Whaaaaaat? Don't give me such a look.. it's sooo serious." She whined as she hopped off the podium and dusted her back side off.

The male in question just let out a rough sigh as he shook his head, even though he seemed to be crude, he actually was a very caring older brother. It had only been him and her for so many years, it was their job to take care of one another and in this particular moment in time it was his sisters turn to take care of them. Gazing down at her as he stood in front of her he began to speak.

"Damnit Kathrine it's your turn to get dinner, head down the hill and get your ass to the merchants! We already agreed you get the food and I cook." His lips clenched together while looking rather bothered that she hadn't left yet.

"Yeah I know.. going now meanie Karson!" She walked around him as she stuck her tongue out and rushed out of the church. Around the church was once a pretty nice town, but sadly it was just burnt up ruins now. Thankfully the people who lived there rebuilt there town down the slope. Trailing along it only took about 10 minutes for Katherine to make her way into the town. Tugging her beanie down she tried not to draw attenion to herself, she didn't really like being around people and getting overly stressed wasn't a good thing for her, she had the nasty habit of shifting into a wolf when stressed out too much. Swiftly dodging people in the road she walked her way up the a merchant food stand and began to gaze upon the wares.

"What to get.. what to get?" She mumbled to herself.

PicsArt_12-02-09_43_42.thumb.jpg.2afe7333812bb18b0a2337292a333530.jpgPicsArt_12-02-09_46_46.thumb.jpg.2859b5ece6f515e343476ce16e10bccd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A young man entered the small town. He made his way towards the shops to get some supplies for a mission he picked up from a family outside of town in the country. They had a few bandits to worry about and he said he would take care of them. He had light pale skin with bright blue eyes. He also had silver like hair that was short but long enough to go cover his ears..

He made his way standing in one of the weapon merchants grabbing some new kunai's. He had on his black hood with a black sleeveless undershirt with black pants and black shoes. He didn't wear his normal shinobi clothes anymore since he figure he blend in when on assassination missions. He grabbed the Kunai and started to head out of the merchant sho

64a55038b9ec23d5c1c33922664cba7b.jpg

Relaxing back at the rundown church Karson was busy setting up a make shift fire, walking about to grab some broken pieces of stone that he would wrap around the fire. He had also gone outside to retrieve some wood, not only for the cooking, but also to keep them warm tonight. They could just shift into animals to stay warm, but that usually always got them trouble since his sister liked being a wolf so much. If anybody found them, they'd usually tried to kill her for their own safety. Coming back inside he set everything up and pulled a small box of matches from his poket lighting up the fire. Dusting his hands and placing the matches back into his pocket. He sighed and removed the beanie he wore and ran his hand through his shaggy black hair. "This'll have to do for now.." His voice trailed as he stepped fowards the door and looked down at the city.

Down at the merchant stands his sister was at work collecting food for tonights dinner and some extra for when they decided to head out back onto the road. Opening up the coin purse and staring at the prices of food she made her desision on fish tonight, she also got some bread, spices, fruits/veggies, and dried meat. It was placed in a few bags for her and as she started to leave the merchant strip, her nose caught some sweet. Looking around she followed her nose and came to a bakery and what she smelt was freshly made cream pastries. Grinning big she went inside and purchased two,leaving the building with her's in mouth. She was surprise they let her in with her looking so grungy. Her clothes were dirty, the loose gray shirt she wore was covered in dirt, her black shorts weren't much better and her dark tights had holes all throughout them. All in all she was happy and it was great that she didn't get stressed out and cause trouble for her brother.

Riku made his purchases and put the kunai's in his back pack. He then turned and headed deeper into the market to get some snacks. He made his way passed the girl. He sensed something odd about her. As he walked by her. He made it seem like he didn't notice a thing and he looked at his watch on his left wrist to see the time. It was still early in the day and decided to go ahead and follow her once she got some distance outside of the town. 

He first went to the market and bought him some easy to carry snacks then placed them in his backpack. He started to smile calmly knowing today was going to be an easy day. He then started to follow where the girl went following her energy signature.. He stayed just far enough where she couldn't sense his own presence

A young vampire wandered into town aimlessly wandering around, he was looking curiously around at all the merchants. This was all new and strange to him, he say sat on the edge of a busy street in awe of all the people. View attachment 204902

As Katherine began to walk out of the markwt area, she smelt a few odd odors in the air, them both being close by. She didn't want to seem too bothered by them, but she and her brother have had problems with people that had similar smells like the ones she smelt now.Taking a deep breath, she finished eating the sweet roll she bought and made a steady stride through town. One of the smells was slowly fading, but the other stayed strong. This began to worry her and worrying was not the best thing for her, if she grew more nervous she have an unwilling transformation into a small wolf. Walking a bit faster, she thought the safest thing for her to do was shift anyway and head straight for the rundown church. She wanted her brother to be close in case anything happened. Spotting a narrow alleyway, she quickly ducked down in it and shifted, her human form shrinking into that of a small female wolf, the dark black fur had streaks of gray. The bags simply laid on the ground and with a swift scoop of her mouth she picked it up and booked it to the church.

Leaning in the doorway of the church, Karson glared down towards the town, he eyed the area seriously. A protective gleam in his eye as he stared cautiously. Soon the wolf came into his site, cursing he rushed outside and make quick pace towards the running wolf that held bags in its mouth. "Damnit Katherine... if people see a wolf running around town they're gonna freak!" Reaching the edge of the hill he looked down and saw something unsettling. It seemed hiss sister was being followed, clenching his fists he walked down the hill slowly, her narrowed eyes glaring fully at the male in dark clothes that followed her. He soon stopped once his sister came troting up and wimpered at the the sight of him.

"Get to the church now..." Karson said in a most unsettling serious tone. He stood there waiting to see if this male woukd do anything.

Riku continued to follow keeping his distance. He then sensed that she stopped. He started to increase his pace a bit catching a glimpse of the small wolf coming out of the alley with the same bags. He tilted his head to the right. He followed the small wolf seeing someone talking to the wolf realizing the wolf was her. 

He walked up closer coming out of the tree line. He looked up at the man ahead of him the look in his eyes was very protective of the girl. He stopped and smiled calmly " strange your just like her.. Why are you two in hiding for? " he crossed his arms looking at him

Katherine wasn't at all sure why her brother was so tense, but she did as he said without looking back as she scurried to the church. She supposed it had to do why the smell that seemed to be following her, maybe it was a person tracking her, if so what for? Once inside the church she quickly set down the bags and shifted back to her human appearance. It was than that she rushed towards the doorway and peeked out towards her brother, her eyes went wide as she saw that there was a man following her after all. Gnawing her lower lip she prayed nothing bad would happen, she couldn't bare if another issue was caused by her.

Standing there on guard, Karson examined the male closely his eyes cold as he crossed his arms over his broad chest. "More important than that, why exactly were you stalking my sister..? Maybe that'll answer the fact of why I'm like her." His voice was rough sounding, he had already come to not like this male since he was following a female all shady like and not just any female, his younger sister at that. Even with the male not acting hostile at that moment, Karson couldn't exactly trust him and was on full guard if he decided to try anything.

Riku smiled and nodded " yes I was stalking her but I wasn't going to harm her or anyone " he said looking at him. He was tense knowing that they had to had it rough especially with they their clothing looked " i just felt a strange energy come off of her peaked my curiosity so I followed. You two are not the only ones with special gifts. " he smiled as lightning began to form his hand. The sound was a bit loudly and of it were to hit a normal human it would stop their heart.

He then made the bright lightning disappear and smiled " I'm not here to hurt you or your sister.. My name is Riku.. I was a Shinobi of the shadow clan, but I left them all a long time ago.  Now I'm just a traveller " he smiled " what's yours and your sister's names

Listening to the male explain himself didn't really bring his mind at ease, there's been many times they've been fooled by strangers, it's why for the last 70 years they've stayed to themselves. Still standing there, his expression relaxing a bit, he watched as the lightning stirred in the others hand, but he didn't look surprised at all by such an ability. His sister on the other hand had her mouth gaped open in astonishment. She seen many didn't people with different abilities, the control of lightning was new to her. After he made the lightning disappear, she scurried towards the two and hid behind her brother as she peeked around him at the male. "Karson, maybe there's nothing to fear from this Riku guy."

Her brother looked down at her and than side, his body relaxing instantly while he patted the top of her head softly. "Fine, but just be caustious that's all I ask." He whispered to her softly as his attention returned to Riku. "My name is Karson and this is my younger sister Katherine." She peeked her head out from behind her brother and waved her hand a bit at Riku, but didn't speak. She was shy arou d strangers and would act this way for awhile.

Kai got up looking around around and saw a small trail leading out of of town, he bored so he took it. Upon traveling it he saw Riku, Karson and Kathrine. He slowly approached them bowing slightly "H-H-Hello" he spoke nervously "My name is Kai, I was just curious followed at trail and now I'm here" 

Katherine peeked her head out from behind looking at the new male and sniffed the air, he also smelt strange. She hide her face a bit, but waved her hand at him and spoke softly. "He..hello Kai." Karson glared at Kai and pushed Katherine back behind him. "Seems we just have a lot of curious faces here today.." His tone was unsettling and had a hint of annoyance to it.

@Keto_Uskai

Kai bowed slightly to Katherine then looked at Karso "Sir, I mean no harm nor be a bother, I'm just a traveler and wanderer" He smiled softly at them both "I apologize if I am intruding and unwelcome, I will leave if you wish" 

Meera watched things unfold from a distance. The man kept pushing the girl away from the others and being rather rude. She decided to step out staying in her kitsune form, "You know if you keep her hidden and trapped she may come to hate you..." she said coming up from behind the brother and sister. She shifted to her human form with a smile, "A brother being over protective as per usual."

20161209_232737-BlendCollage.jpg

Katherine made a face up at her brother as she hopped out from behind him, she stood there quietly as she rubbed her arm shyly. Karson sighed and gave her a pat to the head and just gave her a subtle nod, like he was answering a silent question from his sister. Peering to the side he saw the kitsune approach, her comment slightly ticked him off. He couldn't dny the fact that he was overprotective of his sister, but he had his reasons, many of times they've been fooled by people and on a few of those occasions he almost lost his dear sister. He had very bad trust issues with people and wouldn't ever let situations like that happen again.

Stepping forward and waving her hands at the kitsune female she shook her head, not even surprised when the woman shifted into human appearance. "No no, I could never come to hate my brother, overprotective or not.. you've got to understand we've been through a lot and it's rude to state things such as you did miss." Katherine frowned seeming rather upset about what the female said to her brother. Turning to look at these 3 people that seemed curious of her and her brother, she gave a small polite small. Her hands shaking from nervousness as she was typically introverted around others, she spoke softly. "Please, don't think ill of my brother, he's all I have, if you all would like, please join us for dinner. Maybe as we eat we can come to know one another?" Her smile grew a bit as she still blushed with shyness.

Sighing a bit, Karson patted his sisters shoulder and nodded his head towards the church. "You are welcome to join us." He placed his hands in his pockets and began to walk awaytowards the church. Katherine smiled at her brother and waved everyone to follow.

She nodded, "Sorry I guess I shouldn't assume things." She smiled slightly, "Well if you don't mind I haven't eaten in a while, my name is Meera. It's nice to meet you all." She sighed inwardly, she shouldn't assume things like that. Just from her past experiences with guys didn't mean he was the same...

Riku looked at them then suddenly saw two more arrive to same location. He recognized Kai. Kind of curious when he was out here too. He looked back at the two and smiled " Karson.. Katherine it was a pleasure meeting you. I have a mission and it's kind of far from here. If you need anything tell Kai he can contact me. " he said as he waved his goodbyes and headed off by turning around where he vs me from and headed back towards the town.

Karson gave a nod to Riku as he looked over his shoulder. After he did that, he pushed open the broken door to the church and went to rummage through the stuff his sister had gotten in the market place. Katherine took a slower pace walking with Kai and Meera, she even managed to wave goodbye to Riku. Giving Meera a small smile she shook her head. "No need to apologize, it's understandable you would come up with that assumption, but please know my brother is really quite nice, it'll just take time for him to get used to you." She rubbed her arm and walked a bit faster, she still felt awkward talking so much to new people. Her hands began to shake as she calmed herself down and lead them into the rundown church, her brother already starting to prepare the food.

Kai waived at Riku smiling "I didn't realize that was Riku, he is a great friend of my fathers" Kai smiled at Karso Karso and Katherine "Thank y'all for inviting me in, I'm sorry you all have had problems in the past with strangers."

Kai waived at Riku smiling "I didn't realize that was Riku, he is a great friend of my fathers" Kai smiled at Karso Karso and Katherine "Thank y'all for inviting me in, I'm sorry you all have had problems in the past with strangers."

She walked in glancing at the other man, she went over to Larson, "Hey I really am sorry about what I said...just as you have had bad experiences...I have as well." She paused her orange eyes filled with sadness before she shook her head, "Can I help with the food???"

Katherine gave a small smile towards Kai and shrugged. "Everyone has bad experienced bad things... err well anyway enjoy the meal." She rushed off to the side and sat on some broken benches and she looked at the at the ground nervously. Karson stood up from placing cut up veggies in a copper pot as he looked down at Meera. He could see the pain in her eyes and couldn't help, but click his tongue and look away as he gave the top of her head a firm pat. "Come on now don't look sad, dont worry about it. Everyone deserves to speak their mind and besides you were right about me being over protective." Removing his hand from her head, he pointed over to his sister. "As you can see, she has a hard time being around people.." Bending back down Karson handed Meera a water bottle. "Pour that into the pot with the veggies and than place it on the fire for me." 

Leaning back she stared at him upside down and grimaced for a moment. "Mmm.. we won't be staying here long, so there's no point to fix them." She averted her eyes from him shyly.

Kai smiled kindly waiving his hands fixing the benches using magic "Well I went ahead and done it miss, might as well if you will be using them right?" he smiled walking away looking around the church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread