• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MissMoon

stressed; slow
Literacy: Advanced Literate to Novella

Roles: 3-4 Females, 3-4 Males

Setting: Starts in Georgia, but moves across the country
basics
Genres:
Adventure

Sub-Genres:
Drama, Slice-of-Life, Romance
tags
TL;DR
You and your friends have all runaway together because you saw something that you shouldn't have (a murder) and now those responsible for said crime have made it impossible to continue living in your town, threatening your very lives.
tl;dr
RUNAWAYS
"I just wanna go someplace where nobody knows my name"
Toccoa, Georgia. the place to be. Though

that only seemed to be said by tourists.

one hospital, one cinema, one grocery

store, one elementary/middle/high school.

everyone knows everyone. A group of

unknowing teens all attend the same party

one hot Friday summer night. They all grow

closer as the night progresses, sticking

together. As the night slowly came to an

end, the group decides to make one more

stop before they go back home. A decision

they’ll grow to regret. They go to the

nearest alleyway to clear their minds, but

they aren’t alone. They peek around the

corner at the perfect time, the same time

a murder was being committed. Not

knowing how to react, they stood there in

shock for longer than they should’ve. The

three shadowed men see them, the group

sees the men. They quickly leave

and try to forget what they just saw. As

they discuss their options and keep

walking into the darkness and away

from the crime scene, it seems they had

been followed by the same people, but

this time they were joined by 5 more

shadowed men. Panicked, they start to

sprint away from the mob of men,

finding themselves at a junkyard. Then, an

idea struck them. What does every witness

or criminal do in this situation? Flee. Not

that they were criminals, but that seemed

to be the only option for them. Some

argued they should wait until the next day,

but some argued that that gave the gang more

time to plan their next move. So they grab

their stuff, hijack an old van from the

junkyard and head across the country.

Perfect strangers, running from the

certainty of their endangered lives.

what could go wrong?

Character Sheets --- OOC Thread --- RP Thread
code by valen t.

Last edited:
MissMoon MissMoon
Interested, but would it be possible to play one of the guys shadowing the kids?

I was thinking a jaded contract killer, or something of the sort.

Potentially interested!~ Might join depending if the other interest checks I'm taking a look at take off or not ^-^

MissMoon MissMoon
Interested, but would it be possible to play one of the guys shadowing the kids?

I was thinking a jaded contract killer, or something of the sort.
Oh, that's a very interesting angle! How would you ensure that you interact often enough in the story for them to be a major role? What did you have in mind, any ideas? I'm already forming a few, but I'd love to hear if you have any! This character could be a good driving force that reminds them why they can't stop running, and why they can't get too comfortable in any one place. I really like this idea!

Potentially interested!~ Might join depending if the other interest checks I'm taking a look at take off or not ^-^
Well, I hope you decide to join! This would be a ton of fun to do with a large number of people! I want there to be plenty of opportunities for drama, suspense, and intrigue, as well as potential friendship or romance in the midst of danger!

Oh, that's a very interesting angle! How would you ensure that you interact often enough in the story for them to be a major role? What did you have in mind, any ideas? I'm already forming a few, but I'd love to hear if you have any! This character could be a good driving force that reminds them why they can't stop running, and why they can't get too comfortable in any one place. I really like this idea!
I think he'd be a force that appeared once the characters got a little too comfortable, forcing them to always be on their toes. Potentially he either feels bad for them and is opting to give them a headstart, or alternatively he doesn't want to hunt the kids, and is being forced to by whichever gang enacted the killings. I'm leaning towards the first option, with him feeling guilt and constantly trying to justify why he's going after what amount to a bunch of children, perhaps sabotaging his fellow hitmans efforts in an effort to 'make it fair'?

But I'd be interested in whatever you have to say/your ideas, I imagine they're a fair bit more thought out then mine. :v

I think he'd be a force that appeared once the characters got a little too comfortable, forcing them to always be on their toes. Potentially he either feels bad for them and is opting to give them a headstart, or alternatively he doesn't want to hunt the kids, and is being forced to by whichever gang enacted the killings. I'm leaning towards the first option, with him feeling guilt and constantly trying to justify why he's going after what amount to a bunch of children, perhaps sabotaging his fellow hitmans efforts in an effort to 'make it fair'?

But I'd be interested in whatever you have to say/your ideas, I imagine they're a fair bit more thought out then mine. :v
Actually, I hadn't even considered those ideas, but they are really good! I like the idea of him sabotaging to try to level the playing field -- or battleground depending how you view it. My ideas were more along the lines of infiltration, perhaps they picked him up as a supposed hitch-hiker where he tries to lure them into a sense of ease since he's an adult figure that they can maybe look to for guidance or protection, or maybe he was more like a literal shadow in that they saw him lurking everywhere they went, slowly fueling their paranoia and fear. There's honestly several ideas in which you could play him out, but it depends on how bad of a bad guy you want him to be, or how sympathetic you want him to be towards, essentially, children being dragged into the dangerous world of gangs and killers.

Actually, I hadn't even considered those ideas, but they are really good! I like the idea of him sabotaging to try to level the playing field -- or battleground depending how you view it. My ideas were more along the lines of infiltration, perhaps they picked him up as a supposed hitch-hiker where he tries to lure them into a sense of ease since he's an adult figure that they can maybe look to for guidance or protection, or maybe he was more like a literal shadow in that they saw him lurking everywhere they went, slowly fueling their paranoia and fear. There's honestly several ideas in which you could play him out, but it depends on how bad of a bad guy you want him to be, or how sympathetic you want him to be towards, essentially, children being dragged into the dangerous world of gangs and killers.
Oooh, I like the shadow idea. Perhaps the climax is him posing as a delivery man and striking when he thinks the time is right?

The infiltration idea is especially devious.

Oooh, I like the shadow idea. Perhaps the climax is him posing as a delivery man and striking when he thinks the time is right?

The infiltration idea is especially devious.
Right?! Gosh, these all sound like so much fun! Perhaps we could even do some sort of mash-up of the ideas? Take various elements that we've already discussed to make a more complex character with opportunities for growth, redemption, conflicted with oneself, etc. We could make him a far more interesting character than just the shadowy hitman that reminds them of what they witnessed. But I may be getting ahead of myself! I just really loved your ideas!

Ahhh, I am loving these ideas! I'm a huge sucker for these tropes cx
Is it alright if I add a section for what my character brought with him for future reference?

Ahhh, I am loving these ideas! I'm a huge sucker for these tropes cx
Is it alright if I add a section for what my character brought with him for future reference?
Absolutely! That's actually a very good idea, and something I didn't think to add to the character sheet!
And I love exchanging ideas! Its so fun to work together to make the story more interesting and fun!

How many people are we looking for to start? ^-^
I'm aiming for about 8 people, including myself. So I need about 4 more people to join. I'd really like to get two more male character and two more females if possible (I like symmetry), but just 4 more characters in general would be nice. If not, I hope for at least two more before we begin. If anyone else joins after we've started, I'll just say we picked them up as hitch hikers along the way.

When would we be starting??
As soon as I have enough people! I'd like to get at least one more female role! But as soon as that happens, I'll start the RP. I'm gonna be making the thread here soon, and posting my starter to give you guys something to work with!

Hey! Is there any room for another character here by chance?
There is! I'm looking for one more female character for now! I plan to open this up for new characters in the future, under the pretense of picking up hitch hikers or making new allies as they travel.

There is! I'm looking for one more female character for now! I plan to open this up for new characters in the future, under the pretense of picking up hitch hikers or making new allies as they travel.
Oh, my character would be male, is that alright? Or would you rather I wait with a male character to be a hitch hiker/new ally?

Oh, my character would be male, is that alright? Or would you rather I wait with a male character to be a hitch hiker/new ally?
Go ahead and apply with your character. The only reason I was looking for a female was to keep the genders balanced (cause I'm a little OCD about that, I like symmetry), but we can always get more female roles to balance later. I want to get this started soon, like sometime this weekend, or the start of next week at the latest before people lose interest. Just a note though, don't give me your character's full history and try to keep the form on the briefer, more concise side so that more can be revealed through the story (makes it more shocking or interesting or exciting that way!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back