• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Rumors and Gossip / Manchester Academy Plotting + Chatting

@/PaperGhosts I love her!!! Could I make a character specifically to be her soulmate? Maybe a blind one -- they can bond over their disabilities and work together to become unstoppable!! Or, one who constantly gets injured and does reckless things all the time as a way of seeking attention because they never got any of it at home 👀

mikayre mikayre Sure! I'm so glad you like her. 😊 how would you feel about a poly relationship? I'm hoping to do one of the following:
Trinity x past soulmate that shares black thread

Or

Trinity x new soulmate of some kind x soulmate with black thread

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts I'm all for poly relationships!! I'm currently in one at the moment so it'll be nice to get some rep 😃
Oooh I think I wanna be the one w/black thread I have some ideas for that

maybe they cut ties because something dangerous was going to happen to trinity/trinity was planning to do something dangerous and they thought it was for the best in the moment to cut the string

or

it was an accidental cut of the string 👀

mikayre mikayre Awesome! 😀 it could be a wait and see approach if they fall for another character, or if anyone else wants to preplan a relationship with them I'm down for that, too.

Yeeeesss! That's exactly what I was thinking. Either one or both did something in their past lives that inadvertently caused the string to be cut. Maybe their hands were tied, and they were coerced?

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts What if one is watching the other from a distance after realizing the other was their soulmate -- and watches them fall in love before trying to stop it from happening and that's how the poly relationship was formed !!

yess!! i could totally make a human from Trin's parallel earth and in their past lives they could've been forced to cut the string

mikayre mikayre I love it so much! I can't wait to see where you take the character.

Is anyone else interested in being a part of this trio? ;)

Also, just realized we have a lot of loner/depressed characters up in here. I'm starting to think our generation needs therapy. 😂 Also, no one will talk to anyone lol

Last edited:
hmmm i could make another character. i'm currently unbalanced in terms of my own characters' gender ratio

edit; but first.. Soulmates.

So do we have any concrete pairings?

oh no! i was talking about my own characters. I have 3 males and 2 females.. It's uneven lol i'm weirdly annoyed by that so whenever i join threads i always make like 1 male and 1 female or 2 and 2, etc.

Ooooh! lol I see what you mean! I would also prefer to have equal amounts for each gender. If I do make another, it would have to be male.

gonna be adding a google doc up to the main post of this thread. It'll be a master list of Characters, roommates, and soulmates

Edit; It's up

Sweet! So only two more males to even the roommate situation out? I probably will end up making that character if no one else makes a male.

I did the thing anyway because I'm impatient lol

Who wants a piece of Jin-bo?

lol

Hmm Maybe Selene? Or i could make a girl to throw at him not literally just YEET them at him but ya get me

LMAO just pelt him with all the ladies!

I could see Jin and Selene getting along! He'll definitely drag her on some wild adventures.😉

Last edited:
I'm good with our love triangle being concrete if everyone else is? We haven't talked about what color threads they would have though, so does either of you have an opinion on that?

Edit: Also, I'm working on a post that has all of my charrie's opinions

Oooh, good idea! I'll start typing up possible relationship ideas for my characters, too.

Kiri1109 Kiri1109 Should I change Jin to not be a seer? I forgot it was rare for them to have soulmates. It wouldn't really change her character much if it's needed.

Jasper could honestly fit a red, white or blue thread. But, i think the most fitting for him would be Blue or red with Addy. and the other thread we don't end up using for Jasper + Addy with Ares? I don't know. However, that is dependent on Jasper being the one with 2 soulmates (aka, he'd end up having to choose between Addy or Ares). If he isn't, i'd say probably Red with Addy or blue with Ares depending on who's the one with the 2 (or, i suppose, they could all be tied together with Addie being tied to both and Ares being tied to jasper and her or Jasper being tied to Ares and Addie.

Since he's only had 2 prior lives, i don't think Addy would fit the general vibe of his only former soulmate. Maybe the white witch Jasper had first fallen for in his very first life, if nothing else. But yeah, not really sure a White thread would be fitting for Jasper in any case.

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts
It's fine! I imagine it's rare outside the school as in a general thing, but because the school brings together Seers and regular persons it's more likely for the Seer to actually locate their soulmate. Or who knows, maybe a teacher is here playing matchmaker

mikayre mikayre Aww, he's such a wallflower. I love him! The only things that might be a bit off would be Trin having a disability in her past life. Her curse was enacted by the string being cut in her past life. However, him also having a curse is really interesting! Also, just wanted to make sure, all of that happened in his past life, but his parents in his current life sent him to Manchester?

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts OHH gotcha I'll fix that in a sec

Yes his parents in his current life sent him to Manchester — if it doesnt say that I'll shove it in somewhere lol

Viola Brock - Jin hasn't interacted with her at all, really. He sees her as uninteresting. Not that he dislikes, just that from his perspective there is nothing to gain from social interaction with her, mostly because she is so kept to herself. He literally knows nothing about her, and very neutral.

Hayden Kolt - He's a chill dude. Jin doesn't bother hanging with him in his spare time, since he probably wouldn't approve of Jin's extracurriculars. Nevertheless, he enjoys interacting with the guy in class, and they always share a good laugh together.

Levi Holt - This is jin's man. He mostly likes him for his snake, but Levi's pretty awesome, too. He's always trying to find out things about Levi's past and trying to drag the demon into his craziness outside of class.

Selene Hallows - Jin would consider Selene to be of the popular crowd, because she seems so distant and unattainable. Beautiful? Check. Intelligent? Check. Mature? Check. He's inexplicably drawn to her, and has the strongest urge to crack her composure, maybe taint her perfectly pristine reputation up there on the pedestal. Just to bring her down to a human level so she can experience life, or at least what Jin feels is true living.

Jasper Whittaker - Jin likes to hang out with this naughty cat between classes. He always finds him to be so amusing.

Leah Colt-Vettel - Cool girl, a little shy, but Jin enjoys talking to her about racing. He was never into it, but he thinks it's delightful that she is so forward and passionate when she talks about it.He has a "go get 'em" attitude towards her, and hopes she will grow to be that confident in all areas of her life, including finding her soulmate.

Alexis Lykan - Jin tends to feel uncomfortable around Alexis. He tried speaking to her a few times since her arrival, but he always get this sense of coldness, so he stopped trying.

Aberdeen Locke - Interesting girl, wouldn't mind making friends with her if she ever feels like it.

Hazel Rochure - He enjoys chatting with Hazel. She has the kind of bubbly personality that is sometimes a breath of fresh air. He is always intrigued by her view on love and dating, and likes to question her a lot on her serial dating habits for the sake of playing devil's advocate.

Julian Grey - A quiet sort. Jin hasn't had much of a chance to get to know him. But he's recently caught the boy eyeing his past soulmate, Trinity. Seeing the black thread between them always brings a scowl to his face. She has no idea, or doesn't care, much to Jin distaste. He has sympathy for Julian. One day or lifetime from now, Jin could be watching his lost soulmate from afar, alone and longing for what should have been.

Ares Lýkos - Another fun classmate. Jin enjoys Ares flirty shenanigans. Jin sees him as someone to have a good time with, for sure.

Nessie and Samuel - Jin has no problems with them. He talks to Nessie more, but holds back some because of the protective nature he sees in Samuel. Jin doesn't want to step on toes unless it's necessary.

Addy and Elliot Harper - Loves to try and get a rise out of Addy. Enjoys her brother's presence even more. He's a sweet kid, but Jin can tell there's an unhealthy jitteriness under the surface. He's hoping he can one day convince Elliot to smoke some indica with him and bring that energy down a notch.

Saira Valentine - Gorgeous underclassman! Seems very unapproachable to Jin, though.

Viola Brock - Trinity has never approached Viola, but she assumes they have a lot of similarities. Viola is the kind of person she keeps an eye, in case the girl ever needing an ally.

Hayden Kolt - Trin finds the redhead to be utterly adorable, but would never bring it up. In fact, she barely speaks to him, but often times she catches herself ogling him like a movie star due to his stunning and proportionate features. It's almost infuriating to her, but she does find it inspires her to draw realism. His magic is also something she envies, if not despises. If he were to approach her, she'd probably stay quiet out of sheer bashfulness. Perhaps she views him like an idol?

Levi Holt - She isn't too sure how to feel about Levi. He comes across as a gentleman, but something about him rubs her the wrong way. Maybe it's the demon thing?

Selene Hallows - Trinity doesn't mind Selene. She doesn't know the girl too well, but she isn't afraid to reach out to her during class for group assignments. She is also better in Trinity's weaker subjects, so she'll seek her out for assistance in those classes. Overall, she finds her pleasant and quiet enough.

Jasper Whittaker - Surprisingly, he likes Jasper. She'll even talk to him outside of class if the opportunity arises. She hates his looking tricks and scares, though. They make her face red with frustration. Despite that, she finds him to actually be refreshing. She always preferred cats.

Leah Colt-Vettel - Another girl that Trin doesn't mind, but really only talks to in class. She can't understand much about her hobbies (What is she talking about anyway? Most of the words regarding racing or hard for her to pick out with lip reading). She tries to stick to academics with Leah.

Alexis Lykan - More or less a stranger to Trin, she doesn't interacted at all with the girl. Although, she has often caught her drawing privately, and that shared interest has softened her view of Alexis.

Aberdeen Alexis - Another person that Trinity relates to. She can't say they formed a friendship, but she does sometimes approach during free period to ask about her writing or art. She also is jealous that Dean has no need for a soulmate.

Hazel Rochure - Not a big fan of her. She grates on Trinity's nerves sometimes, though she would never say that to her face. She seems like the irresponsible, carefree type. The opposite of Trinity, really.

Julian Grey - She hadn't paid much mind to Julian. He seemed like just another person from a distance. When they had their first class together, the closer he was, the more familiar he felt. She gets a nostalgic array of emotions that are hard to pinpoint, thus she avoids him. Lately she's felt eyes on her and looked up to meet his. This always sends her heart running for a mysterious reason, and she dislikes the feeling so she's been trying hard not to look his way as of late. Unfortunately, she has no clue about their black thread, but even if she did she would despise it nonetheless. After all, it's the reason she is cursed.

Ares Lýkos -

Nessie and Samuel Kita - I think she'd actually be rather friendly with the twins. She'd find their gifts and home world interesting.

Addy and Elliot Harper - They are younger than Trin, so she doesn't have a lot of opportunities to interact with them. She's pretty neutral about Addy, but Elliot seems nice enough.

Saiara Valentine - Another underclassman. Trin finds the girl to be both terrifying and terrifyingly beautiful. It's rather intimidating to a plain Jane like Trinity, but she definitely can't deny the pull Saia has on people.

I believe I have about five more characters to write about, but I'll finish this in a bit!

Done! Let me know if anyone has more ideas for relationships.

Last edited:
Viola Brock - Jin hasn't interacted with her at all, really. He sees her as uninteresting. Not that he dislikes, just that from his perspective there is nothing to gain from social interaction with her, mostly because she is so kept to herself. He literally knows nothing about her, and very neutral.

Hayden Kolt - He's a chill dude. Jin doesn't bother hanging with him in his spare time, since he probably wouldn't approve of Jin's extracurriculars. Nevertheless, he enjoys interacting with the guy in class, and they always share a good laugh together.

Levi Holt - This is jin's man. He mostly likes him for his snake, but Levi's pretty awesome, too. He's always trying to find out things about Levi's past and trying to drag the demon into his craziness outside of class.

Selene Hallows - Jin would consider Selene to be of the popular crowd, because she seems so distant and unattainable. Beautiful? Check. Intelligent? Check. Mature? Check. He's inexplicably drawn to her, and has the strongest urge to crack her composure, maybe taint her perfectly pristine reputation up there on the pedestal. Just to bring her down to a human level so she can experience life, or at least what Jin feels is true living.

Jasper Whittaker - Jin likes to hang out with this naughty cat between classes. He always finds him to be so amusing.

Leah Colt-Vettel - Cool girl, a little shy, but Jin enjoys talking to her about racing. He was never into it, but he thinks it's delightful that she is so forward and passionate when she talks about it.He has a "go get 'em" attitude towards her, and hopes she will grow to be that confident in all areas of her life, including finding her soulmate.

Alexis Lykan - Jin tends to feel uncomfortable around Alexis. He tried speaking to her a few times since her arrival, but he always get this sense of coldness, so he stopped trying.

Aberdeen Locke - Interesting girl, wouldn't mind making friends with her if she ever feels like it.

Hazel Rochure - He enjoys chatting with Hazel. She has the kind of bubbly personality that is sometimes a breath of fresh air. He is always intrigued by her view on love and dating, and likes to question her a lot on her serial dating habits for the sake of playing devil's advocate.

Julian Grey - A quiet sort. Jin hasn't had much of a chance to get to know him. But he's recently caught the boy eyeing his past soulmate, Trinity. Seeing the black thread between them always brings a scowl to his face. She has no idea, or doesn't care, much to Jin distaste. He has sympathy for Julian. One day or lifetime from now, Jin could be watching his lost soulmate from afar, alone and longing for what should have been.

Nessie and Samuel - Jin has no problems with them. He talks to Nessie more, but holds back some because of the protective nature he sees in Samuel. Jin doesn't want to step on toes unless it's necessary.

Addy and Elliot Harper - Loves to try and get a rise out of Addy. Enjoys her brother's presence even more. He's a sweet kid, but Jin can tell there's an unhealthy jitteriness under the surface. He's hoping he can one day convince Elliot to smoke some indica with him and bring that energy down a notch.

Saira Valentine - Gorgeous underclassman! Seems very unapproachable to Jin, though.

Viola Brock - Trinity has never approached Viola, but she assumes they have a lot of similarities. Viola is the kind of person she keeps an eye, in case the girl ever needing an ally.

Hayden Kolt - Trin finds the redhead to be utterly adorable, but would never bring it up. In fact, she barely speaks to him, but often times she catches herself ogling him like a movie star due to his stunning and proportionate features. It's almost infuriating to her, but she does find it inspires her to draw realism. His magic is also something she envies, if not despises. If he were to approach her, she'd probably stay quiet out of sheer bashfulness. Perhaps she views him like an idol?

Levi Holt - She isn't too sure how to feel about Levi. He comes across as a gentleman, but something about him rubs her the wrong way. Maybe it's the demon thing?

Selene Hallows - Trinity doesn't mind Selene. She doesn't know the girl too well, but she isn't afraid to reach out to her during class for group assignments. She is also better in Trinity's weaker subjects, so she'll seek her out for assistance in those classes. Overall, she finds her pleasant and quiet enough.

Jasper Whittaker - Surprisingly, he likes Jasper. She'll even talk to him outside of class if the opportunity arises. She hates his looking tricks and scares, though. They make her face red with frustration. Despite that, she finds him to actually be refreshing. She always preferred cats.

Leah Colt-Vettel - Another girl that Trin doesn't mind, but really only talks to in class. She can't understand much about her hobbies (What is she talking about anyway? Most of the words regarding racing or hard for her to pick out with lip reading). She tries to stick to academics with Leah.

Alexis Lykan - More or less a stranger to Trin, she doesn't interacted at all with the girl. Although, she has often caught her drawing privately, and that shared interest has softened her view of Alexis.

Aberdeen Alexis - Another person that Trinity relates to. She can't say they formed a friendship, but she does sometimes approach during free period to ask about her writing or art. She also is jealous that Dean has no need for a soulmate.

Hazel Rochure - Not a big fan of her. She grates on Trinity's nerves sometimes, though she would never say that to her face. She seems like the irresponsible, carefree type. The opposite of Trinity, really.

Julian Grey - She hadn't paid much mind to Julian. He seemed like just another person from a distance. When they had their first class together, the closer he was, the more familiar he felt. She gets a nostalgic array of emotions that are hard to pinpoint, thus she avoids him. Lately she's felt eyes on her and looked up to meet his. This always sends her heart running for a mysterious reason, and she dislikes the feeling so she's been trying hard not to look his way as of late. Unfortunately, she has no clue about their black thread, but even if she did she would despise it nonetheless. After all, it's the reason she is cursed.

Nessie and Samuel Kita - I think she'd actually be rather friendly with the twins. She'd find their gifts and home world interesting.

Addy and Elliot Harper - They are younger than Trin, so she doesn't have a lot of opportunities to interact with them. She's pretty neutral about Addy, but Elliot seems nice enough.

Saiara Valentine - Another underclassman. Trin finds the girl to be both terrifying and terrifyingly beautiful. It's rather intimidating to a plain Jane like Trinity, but she definitely can't deny the pull Saia has on people.

I believe I have about five more characters to write about, but I'll finish this in a bit!

Done! Let me know if anyone has more ideas for relationships.
My big pup child was left out lol

oh goodness. Trin drawing Hayden sounds adorable. Imagine if Hayden found out ?

Okay so *clears throat* official business!

gonna work on the updated soulmates list so nows the time to get things settled when it comes to soulmate-pairings/groupings that are in the works and what-not. Cus after that's organized, i'll be putting the roleplay thread up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back