Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Rules update:

4. User names - To make it easier to tag and type usernames, we are now only allowing the following characters in usernames:

• All alphanumerics (A-Z, a-z, 0-9), in both upper and lower case
  • Periods ( . ), colons ( : ), semi-colons ( ; ), underscores ( _ ), hyphens ( - ), and spaces

Users whose usernames which currently contain characters not in the above list will be asked to change their username. This change does not use up their one allowed username change. If you see someone with a symbol please report them (this will not cause them to be in trouble) so that we can reach out to them sooner to have their name updated.

Future registrations of accounts will not allow anything not listed above.

Apart from making it easier to tag and type usernames, this coincides with our mission of being an English-only writing/roleplaying community with minimal noise in posts.

If you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :).

Bout time, makes my life a whole lot easier, now what about user names using a different alphabet? I mean I haven't seen any lately it I have seen em

Bout time, makes my life a whole lot easier, now what about user names using a different alphabet? I mean I haven't seen any lately it I have seen em
If they aren't English-alphabet characters (a-z), they won't be allowed.

English letters only. So no Russian, Spanish accents, etc. Nothing that makes it difficult to tag users.

KnbJfUd.png

Like this, but for PMs

When posting in a conversation

Hmm. I'll make a suggestion to the software creators since that seems to be like that out of the box. Tagging doesn't work in Pms due to the fact that once you reply, everyone in the PM gets an alert.

Hmm. I'll make a suggestion to the software creators since that seems to be like that out of the box. Tagging doesn't work in Pms due to the fact that once you reply, everyone in the PM gets an alert.

You can tag people in a PM, you just don't get the prompt. Also, I realize that we have a list of names on the side to copy and paste from, so it's not a huge deal. The only reason I even tag is when it's a highly active conversation with 10+ people and someone might like to be able to F3 their username to find people talking to them, especially if they haven't been able to log on for a while. So, yes, highly niche case.

You can tag people in a PM, you just don't get the prompt. Also, I realize that we have a list of names on the side to copy and paste from, so it's not a huge deal. The only reason I even tag is when it's a highly active conversation with 10+ people and someone might like to be able to F3 their username to find people talking to them, especially if they haven't been able to log on for a while. So, yes, highly niche case.

I mean yes the technical tag does work, I meant that it doesn't send out an alert for tagging them in a PM, hence why I think it doesn't allow the popup to begin with. Will still look into it for you though :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread