• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Rules of Engagement: Section I

HighSanguinaryPriest

Scifi Commando
⦁ In the year 2058, Humanity found alien ruins deep under the ice of Antarctica containing advanced technology, that rapidly advanced them 120 hundred years.
⦁ In the year 2063, Humanity made contact with an Alien Empire known as the Inanis Confederacy.
⦁ In 2071, Humanity with the help of the Inanis Confederacy had terraformed and colonized Mars, turning the red planet into a multicultural paradise.
⦁ In 2117, Humanity had finally united under a single government known as the UTF, or United Terran Federation, and quickly joined the Confederacy, experiencing a militaristic and technological boom.
⦁ In the year 2142, the Military Republic of Lunari and the UTF encountered an extra-galactic empire known now currently known as the Talakan Conclave, and both fleets were destroyed.

The year is 2156, and the Talakan Conclave has pushed the Inanis Confederacy from the Outer regions of the Perseus Arm, killing indiscriminately. Worse yet, they are activating and collecting artifacts from an ancient galaxy spanning empire known as the Shiv, whom had inhabited worlds such as Terra, Mars, Lunarum, and more. What these invaders seek to gain from these artifacts is currently unknown, but with the fanaticism and zeal they fight for them, explains enough. We are losing, and if the Inaris Confederacy is to survive along with the rest of the galaxy, they will need a trump card. That Trump card happens to be the PALADIN PROJECT. An elite group of genetically modified and augmented soldiers, clad in the mightiest armour and armed with the most advanced weapons and tactics available.

Year 2156, Pegasus Cluster, Hades system, Onboard the the MRLN Spirit of Vengeance, 0900 hours, in orbit above Noctis.

The void rippled with energy as space itself was torn asunder, leaving a large tear in the fabric between dimensions. Moments later, the Confederate ship The Spirit of Vengeance emerged from the tear, rocketing towards the colony world of Noctis. Above the world, several Talakan Conclave frigates and a single cruiser were parked over the northern pole of the planet. Whatever Friendly forces are left have either been captured, or have engaged in a guerrilla warfare.

Klaxons blared as naval and combat personnel dashed about, getting to their stations. After a week of slipspace travel, the Spirit of Vengeance had arrived above the UTF colony of Noctis, carrying it's precious cargo of infantry, armor, and of course, Paladins. The Confederacy had only just received a message from the world of a Telakan invasion. With the Spirit of Vengeance being the closed to the cluster, Command had dispatched it along with Paladin Squad Sigma.

Marius and his brothers and sisters were already being prepped in the drop bay, going over final preparations before being sent feet first from orbit into the thick of combat. The sound of armour being donned by JST's and magazines slapping home into their weapons filled the bay, joining the alarm klaxon in the overture of the symphony known as battle. Standing around a crate of ammo, Major Marius Arulious, began briefing his squad. Pulling out a small holo projector, An image of to region blinked into existence.

"Conclave forces have taken over one of our military installations on this colony. Now intel show that there are Shiv Ruins 30 klicks northeast of the installation. What they want with those ruins, or what they hope to find is unknown, but if it's got them invading, it must be important. Now our primary objective is to aid friendly forces in recapturing the base. From there we will be sent in to infiltrate the ruins and find out what the hell has them so interested, killing any and all hostiles. Once we find out what they're after, we are to secure the area until reinforcements arrive." He explained as several areas lit up on the holographic projection. "We will be dropping in under enemy AA, so air support will be limited until we take those guns out, so no Albatross Dropship. We, along with a platoon of JSTs will be dropped here, here and here." He said pointing out the highlighted areas. "I know for some of you, this will be your first combat mission. Remember your training, trust in your brothers and sisters, and you will survive. Any questions?" The Illustrati veteran asked, slapping a mag into his GSM-40. It had been a month since their last real victory, and moral was slowly starting to decline. The Inaris Confederacy needs this to be a success.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

The Feline-looking Splicer checked the medical kit he was to bring into battle, always wondering if it would be enough for whatever wounds would be sustained by those around him. Then the Major started his briefing, Riktor going into his fifth check of the medical gear, still listening in over the noises of preparation. And as it neared its end, one question popped into his head. "Major Marius, do we know if the Talakan have base defenses re-wired to work for them, or if they simply disabled them?" As one of the Medics and perhaps the sole one that knew his station properly, it was his duty to understand what casualties might come to surface to allow for quick treatments and the right tools to be used in the thick of battle as one man could always make the difference between the success or failure of such a mission.
And as the thought popped into his head he glanced around at the other troops and Paladins, a human, another splicer, an Illustrati, a Liberis, and a Tymerian. He had trained with the other Paladins in his squad for a while, lived with them, kind of like a new family, and surely they were more prepared for this battle than he was.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

The Sergeant Major joined the audience of Paladins as the Major started with his brief... briefing. He made a couple mental notes on what was important and kept the rest out of his head. Every mission was rinse and repeat. It was always just picking a high-valued target and making sure the expensive goods ended up being a bad batch.

As the young'n brought up his question, the Sergeant Major 'playfully' punched him on the shoulder. "Ain't a need to worry your little head. A couple of carefully placed remote plastic charges can cripple their defence network with ease. Trust me, I'm a scientist."

Lebowski's visor was raised, exposing a mildly scarred face accompanied with some chiselled features, bearing a greying bearded nicely trimmed away. "Besides, I'm sure the Major won't lead our little charge straight into the line o' fire. Not like this is 1916, anyway."

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Last edited:
Zurgus looked up briefly when the hologram flicked on before turning his attention back to his M233-Devastator that sat in several pieces on a creme and gold sheet laying over an explosive ordnance crate. While the briefing was undoubtedly important he could listen without looking, and he had a very important ceremony to perform. It is custom for Tymerians before battle to clean and assemble their Armour and weapons. IIn the ancient days this meant cleaning and sharpening blades but these days it means taking apart reassembling weapons. Checking and double checking that they work and will continue to work for the battle.
Zurgus slammed the heavy clip of slugs into the base of the gun just as the Major asked for questions. "Other than the AA guns are there any primary targets on the ground we need to look out for?" he asked as he twisted the creme and gold sheet and tied it around his waist.

Marius looked to the three, before answering each in order. "The Conclave destroyed our defenses in the initial attack, they would sooner throw rocks at us than use our own technology against us. Which is kinda sad, since we use theirs." He replied before nodding towards Lebowski in agreement. Focusing his attention on Zurgus, he nodded. "Priority targets are as per usual. Zealots, and Priests. Intel shows there is a high priestess scouring the ruins. If she is found, she is to be captured if possible. Otherwise, use your imagination. I'm sure you and Lebowski can come up with something entertaining." The major smirked, his mercury colored eyes sparkling with humor.

Tapping the image of the Ruins, a holographic schematic filled the space in between the government sanctioned sociopaths.
"The main entrance is heavily fortified, too much for our squad to handle. We will enter through the caves to the east, and remove any hostiles within. From there, we will secure the area for our forces to regroup before pushing further in. While this is happening, the remainder of our ground forces will hammer the enemy at the main entrance, drawing away as much of the bastards inside for us to complete our mission."

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Reese inspected her sidearm before holstering it and turning her attention instead to her set of Photonic Coalescence Emitter Blades. The elegant handles of her knives were flawless, an impression confirmed when her diagnostic came back with all checks passed. Her sword similarly passed its inspection. Then it was just a matter of syncing with the HK-74 Einharjar Powered Combat Skin. For armor, it was incredibly complex and Reese took a moment for its protocols and hers to 'handshake' and learn their way around each other. Thankfully, the Skin had been designed to feed data, even into the minds of organics.

For a machine like herself, data feeds were more natural than breathing.

She glanced up at Marius' request for questions, then cocked an ear as several of her new teammates spoke up. For her part, Reese carried the memories of numerous engagements with the enemies in the form of audiovisual recordings as well as telemetry data compiled by the Liberis for use in combat operations like this one. The world was different, the operational resources were different but those were only variations on a tune the Liberis had heard before, a tune she'd been built to sing.

When Marius went over their strategy for insertion, Reese studied the map with silent fascination, committing it to memory. Then she grinned.

"Sounds good, sir. My only question is, what will be our in-flight music this evening?" Reese tilted her head at the drop pods being prepped. "I'd like to request "Con te partirò" by Francesco Sartori. Seems fitting, you know?" Weapons secured, the Terran-seeming Liberis leaned back in her seat, palms clasped behind her head and looked eager to get this party started.

The Private flinched slightly as he was punched in the shoulder by Lebowski and he commented on his question, ironically his job was essentially to worry about his fellow squad members and allied combatants. "Well, if I stopped worrying my little head, somebody who could have been saved would be getting sent home in a body bag... Or worse." He said before messing with his hair a bit as the Major answered his question and gave a nod in agreement to Lebowski's comment of him not leading them right up the line of fire. And Riktor believed that thoroughly, after all he didn't dare question Marius's leadership capabilities, plus being the 'little kid' of this family you had to have a strong faith in your family members.

Now back to the medkit, he decided to skip the sixth check as he wasn't sure he'd have time for a seventh, and five was a good number to stop on. And now was the part where he tried to keep from becoming excited, sure it was his first mission but the fact was that he was a bit happy to be getting out there, a boyish smile stretching on his face as he closed the medkit and sat on one of the containers, gun on his back and medkit in his lap, legs kicking as he heard the last of the plan for getting into the ruins. Then came Rose's question, this made his ears flick and become alert, that actually sounded like an interesting idea.

Zurgus slung the Devastator over his shoulder and pulled his visor down covering the top half of his face. His HUD came to life giving him basic maps Armour readouts and diagnostics. Also on his HUD very small and in the top corner was a still image taken by his suit cam on Arcturas V. The image was blurry but a shape could be made out from the scene. Humanoid but covered enough that it was un-identifiable. He had seen it on the battlefield right before he got hit and went down. When he woke in the med tent he scanned through all his suits data but got nothing. No similar reports were made by other Paladins so he kept it to himself this image the only proof he had that something was there. He pushed it to the back of his mind and tried to focus on the here and now.

"Yes sir I'm sure the Sargent Major and I can anything they throw at us." He bellowed before lowering his voice to a whisper so only Lebowski and the rookie could he him. "That is if you can keep up with me old man." His smile the only thing visible under his visor he turned to the rookie and gave him a thumbs up. "Just stick with the group and watch out for your squad and you'll do fine."

Lebowski slammed his visor into place. The greying veteran's face was now hidden behind a cocktail of wiring, fibres, metals, and anything else to out some distance between his skull and a gun barrel. The HUD suggested that everything was good to go. The HUD better be right.

When the Sergeant bellowed his cocky little remark, the ranking superior couldn't help but give way to a chuckle. He leaned near his ear, and the helmet's audio device tried their best to make sense of his words. "Never knew somebody who was so eager to jump into the line of fire."

Pavan Pavan

"If
its all the same to you I'd prefer to avoid the line of fire as much as possible. This is an infiltration mission after all." Zurgus smiled again then became a bit more serious. He brought up the map of the area on his HUD and shared his view to Lebowskis HUD. "We've got a fair amount of high that we can drop to cover a retreat if we need it but we need to be careful when we enter the ruins as they will likely be unstable. I doubt the zealots were keeping workplace safety standards in mind when they took the place. I don't know how many doors will still be up and sealed but I've packed corrosive just in case. Anything to add?"
Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

James loaded his rifle, smiling at the mere thought of killing some of the Conclave. He put on his helmet and sealed it, turning the HUD on as it checked everything off. He listened to the briefing, nodding. "Take the base, infiltrate some dusty old ruins, and kill any ducked that gets in our way. Got it," he thought, waiting for them to go planetside. He was giddy as a drunk. He was finally going to be the hunter, and slaughter the Conclave like the prey they are.
Epiphany Epiphany

As the squad talked among themselves, The palm sized holo-projector changed to that of the Ship's AI, Malevolent Intent, Her lithe form standing before them. Any conversation was quickly quelled by here appearance. "Major Arulious, Squad Sigma, the Spirit of Vengeance shall be arriving in T-minus two minutes. I suggest we get strapped in." The AI said with a sadistic smile plastered across her digital features, before winking out of existence. This got a smirk out of the CO, before nodding to the others.

"You her, Lock and load, and strap in, we're going in hot. Who ever kills the most, gets a drink on me." Marius said with a smirk before sliding his helmet on with a pressurized hiss. Data scrolled across his HUD, along with a window in the left hand bottom corner showing Malevolent Intent. Without another word, he silently stepped into his pod, and quickly strapped himself in. Once secured, the Illustrati began going over his squad's vitals, a couple of them having elevated heart rates.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

The Staff sergeant had been quiet which was rare to her, in all honesty she was simply tired and decided not to chime in onto the briefing discussion, she had been through enough briefings to know how the average shindig started. It wasnt unti the AI came up to inform everyone did she started opening her mouth again. "Well you you all don't get in my way" She slowly gestured to everyone as walked over to her pod and slipped in. "then we know whose going to win that bet" she smirked then put on her helmet with the familiar HUD coming to life right in front of her. First she checked the maintenance of of her weapons to see if everything was alright then added in "we dont want the boots to get too cocky now!" Of course that last comment was for the her brothers of the first generation of paladins

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Last edited:
The Sergeant Major strapped in, awaiting the moment where gravity would seem to disappear before ultimately leading to a finale of being jerked as if he was a goldfish sentenced to death by a 5-year-old. Lebowski looked to his left, and then to his right. Some faces were more familiar than others. Years of combat scenarios left a permanent print in his mind of the team's original cast, before bringing in some new blood to spill.

"I shoulda snuck in a granola bar." Quite a random thing to say out of the blue, of course. "You're never gonna know what's going to be your last meal, and I want the taste of granola goodness stuck in my mouth when my rule is finally toppled."

Well, at least they all seemed to be ready for this, save him. Getting a few last words of advice before the AI popped into the bay and told them they were close, well time to suck it up and get in. He grabbed the goggles from the top of his head and slipped them on, looking to Lebowski and Zurgus, vital signs appeared in green beside them, the same happening at all the others he looked at. Then he moved to his pod and got strapped in, fixing his medkit to his body along with his gun before strapping in, his heart pounding in his chest as he heard the comments of others chuckling at Lebowski's. "Anyone want to tell me that this will be like the simulations? That'd do wonders for my nerves." He said with another chuckle squirming a bit in his pod. "If not that, then tell it to me straight, shaky hands on a medic do no-one good."
Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Petroshka Petroshka HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Fanaa Fanaa
While the others talked tactics, Reese reclined with her hands folded behind her head, smiling outwardly as her interior circuits crunched the available tactical data to draw her own conclusions. Then Kyda shut down her music suggestion, leading the Liberis to glance at the other woman and make a theatrically exaggerated sad face. Rather like a sad puppy.

Then Malevolent Intent spoke up and Reese perked right up in response. To the rest of her team, she said "Is it just me or does that AI seem a little too eager to throw us at the enemy?"

When Marius spoke up, though, the Liberis went right back to business, nodding at the instruction and promptly strapping herself in. "And the medic gets a drink on me," she added once safe and secure. "No way a medic's getting a large body count and we have to keep them happy or else."

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman
The Sergeant Major's quip about granola raised Reese's eyebrows. "I haven't had granola! Too late to try it now. I guess we'll both have to just live through this so you can introduce me to your favorite."

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu
When the medic admitted to nerves, Reese chuckled and nodded agreeably. "You and me both, buddy. Let's stick together and get through this, okay? Can't buy a thank-you drink if you don't and you don't want to disappoint a girl, do you?"

Lucienne looked over to their medic still with a smirk under her helmet, and added to the conversation "depends if you like getting shot at by things that actually want to kill you," She leaned back onto the pod's chair and looked up at the top of it. "if you stay alive and get through this i'll get you some catnip" she said with a small chuckle following. "i just had a thought. How ARE we gonna count how many we killed?" Her head recoiled to the general direction of Marius with curiousity and slight anger cause he could definitely screw her over with it. Then she looked over to the robot after hearing her choice of words about the ai. "dont sweat it, she, uh." Luci paused for a second remembering her previous interactions with ai "they, get that way sometimes..." of course that wasnt entirely truthful, each ai was different and they had their own special quirks and not just their appearance.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Epiphany Epiphany

Minutes pass agonizingly slow, as the tension built. The excitement and bloodlust could be felt by the Paladins as they awaited the all too familiar feeling of weightlessness, followed by the increase of G's. Marius slowly counted down the time, when his pod was launched with a loud BANG! His body strained against the restraints, as he accelerate through the vacuum of space, and rapidly into the upper atmosphere of Noctis. Looking out the reinforced glass viewing port, he could see the others burning through the sky along with the platoon of Juggernaut Shock Troopers following behind in a veritable rain of steel and fire, as plasma and antimatter lasers streaked by lighting up the night sky. Seconds ticked by, when he and the the 57 pods jolted from the rapid deceleration, before smashing into the planet.

Smashing his armoured fist into the door release hatch, the front of the pod exploded outward, launching the ton of steel and tungsten into an unlucky group of Talakan fanatics. Stepping out from his insertion vehicle the Major hefted his GSM-40 and fired a burst into the birdlike brainpan of another fanatic, splattering the ground in black ichor. The air filled with the sound of battle as the JSTs roared for blood, charging into the fray. "Squad Sigma, rally on me. Leave none alive." He barked into his coms unit, driving the bayonet of his GSM into the sternum of another fanatic, lifting it clear off the ground. It's beak opened up in a silent scream as the light quickly left all three sets of eyes, before hitting the ground with a sickening crunch as it's chitinous armour struck the earth, black ichor pooling from beneath it. The Battle for Noctis had begun.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Petroshka Petroshka

Zurgus slammed his shoulder into the door and hefted it forwards like a shield. He Propped his shotgun on top of his shield and fired into the chest off a charging fanatic dropping him instantly. A group of three fanatics pushed up the side towards the squad and raised rifles. Zurgus slung his shotgun and charged forward blocking shots with the armoured drop pod door before slamming into the left most fanatic. He felt the impact and pushed the door forward tripping the enemy and dropping the hunk of steel on top of him. He quickly turned and shoulder charged the other two knocking them into each other and down. "Sigma Five copy. Ill push on the left." Zurgus said into the radio as he brought his shotgun around and fired twice into the downed enemies. Zurgus pushed forwards towards the entrenched enemy ahead firing his devastator at any enemy foolish enough to leave cover.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Fanaa Fanaa Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Petroshka Petroshka HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Lucienne was about to mouth off at another granola loving haggard but she was quickly cut off by her pod being launched through the atmosphere without warning. She immediately jolted back onto her seat with only one thing going through her mind, "fuuucck!" She could feel the air and the pod go from a smooth abit fast descent into messy uncontrolled turbulent wind that was the atmosphere, looking out the window she could see the blackness of space being filled up with a rainbow of cluttered fire and as she descended, blackness slowly turned into blue. With that deceleration protocols kicked in and lucienne was jolted again into her seat until finally she hit ground.

Groaning she got up from her seat and kicked the reinforced door down and staggered out of the pod, to her surprise she landed inside a building that was occupied by the birdbrains. there was a fireteam of 5 and the two peoples stared at each other for a second dazed and confused until there was a loud hissing followed by Lucienne pointing her left forearm at them. The followed by raising their weapons however before they could pull their triggers there was a small click and an screeching of air right after. Plasma scorched their forms into nothing but black ash the temperatures from her X-PT-1 caused a chain reaction and engulfed the entire room she was in in flames. outside it would seem like an explosion happened with flames jetting out of the windows and doors.

Walking out she radioed in "What if we find any not-birdbrains?" looking around it seemed like she was in a woodlands area, and the building her pod slammed into was a private home of some unfortunate civilian who was probably long dead. She probably should scanned her sorroundings a bit more before firing off line that now that she though about it. "Sigma Six! coming to your location if i can!" Checking her hud she noticed she was quite a ways away from Marius but long hulls werent too much of a problem. So she began to make her way toward the major.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Fanaa Fanaa Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Pavan Pavan

Well, he did at least ask for it straight, but now he knew what he was in for with the drop. Then came Lucienne's words, and the mention of catnip, this made his ears perk, and that fluffy tail of his flick about. "Getting shot at is something I can handle no problem, but if you and me make it through this, you better stick true to that promise of catnip." He smiled and got comfortable, hearing Reese's words last, making him grin a bit. "Disappoint a girl? Oh, I'll make it through alright and I'll be sure you do-" And before he finished the pod set itself on its course planetward, other than the shock of being weightless, it was pretty fun, the sight of pitch black mixed with the shots fired from below, then the change of sights as they got through the atmosphere. And the rapid deceleration, followed shortly by impact of the landing, and silence for a few moments as the Private pushed the glass off and brought his gun to height, looking around through the sights as Marius came in over the comms.
"Sigma 4 reading loud and clear." He said in a near whisper, his ears alert, flicking at the sound of distant gunfire, before he heard the discharge of a weapon behind him, rolling quickly to the side and coming up kneeling, firing into the two fanatics who thought they could get a lucky shot, leaving them pooling in black ichor moments later. Then he looked at them, kind of looked a bit like birds due to some features, oh this made it far easier. Checking the readouts on his goggles he looked for Marius's signal, spotting it below, if asked, he would have admitted the view was nice from his rocky landing spot, but this was a battle, views could wait. But he did get a shot of it before he headed off, it'd be a nice reminder of his first foray into combat.

James smiled, pulling the restraints down as he closed his eyes, keeping his rifle close as he felt that signature weightlessness from the pod launching, nearly losing his rifle from the deceleration before catching it. He grunted a little as they hit the surface, almost laughing as he undid his restraints and loaded his rifle one more time. The second the door opened, he pointed hid rifle at a fanatic, a loud boom going off as the mag-assisted slug shot out of the barrel and right into the skull of a Conclave soldier, it's head exploding in a shower of bone and brain matter. He smiled, saying, "You are the first of many who will die by my hands, scum."

When the doors opened, it was time for action. Lebowski brought the Reaper's sights to about where his eye would be, before laying down the surprises I've fire necessary for a successful advancement. Those daring enough to remain out in the open soon founding themselves collapsing under the own weight as the life was host straight out of their bodies. The rest chose to remain behind the scraps of cover that littered th landscape of the battlefield.

"Sigma 3, laying down that suppressive fire. Y'know, as being half of my job." Lebowski was cut short when a daring scumbag tried to take his head off with a lucky shot just before heading back into cover. The shot left behind a charred stain on his fresh helmet. Cleaning this stuff wasn't cheap time-wise, and Lebowski wasn't going to let some nob fuck it up. He reached for his belt, whipping out some sort of capsule before releasing a pin and giving it a good lob. 5 seconds later exactly, and the mangled remains of whoever thought it would be funny to shoot at him along with their buddies took to the skies.

The sounds of death and destruction filled the air, as the platoon of JST's pressed their advance on the first of the AA Guns, Meanwhile Paladin Squad Sigma proceeded to cut a bloody swath through the defending invaders. Marius was a whirlwind of death, cutting down any Talakan soldier that was unfortunate to get too close and blasting any that were foolish enough to pop up from the safety of cover. Black Ichor stained the rocky soil, as disfigured and dismembered bodies of the alien juggernaut laid strewn about, marking the Major's path. It was almost too easy.
But like all good things, the gods of war had to mix things up a bit. Plasma fire lit up the air before the the seasoned veteran, scorching his armour, and delivering second degree burns to his left shoulder where it hit. Realizing the threat, Marius dove for cover, as more plasma was launched from the Intimidating figure 17 yards from him, Filling the air with amaranth light. "Sigma, be advised, enemy Deacons in the area." He said over his comms unit, checking his wounded shoulder. The Titanium alloy, had burned away some revealing the protective gel layer and some of his burnt flesh. Biting his lip in frustration, the Major slapped in a new mag, and deftly dove from cover, spraying the Offending Deacon with a full auto barrage of fletchetes.
Rolling to his feet Marius' anger only grew as he saw the Deacon was not only alive and unharmed, but was sporting a Point defense gauntlet, the plasma shimmering before the alien.
"Bastards have shields! Lebowski, Takahn, Get your ass over here asap and blast this fucker of the face of this world!"

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford - Petroshka Petroshka Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Pavan Pavan

Last edited:
Zurgus ran out from cover and shouted "LEBOWSKI HAMMER AND ANVIL!" The manoeuvre they had used before required both demo-men to work in tandem. One would run in a arced flank around the target and fire into the shield. If the solider could avoid getting shot and aimed well he could force the target to turn his shield towards him ,the hammer, and away from the other who would run up behind the target and nail him with explosives, the anvil. And this time it was Zurgus playing the role of hammer. He broke into a full sprint over the burned and uneven terrain. He racked his shotgun and fired into the shield. First high then low. The blasts slamming into the energy shield did little damage but the ripples on the shield made it difficult for the user to see clear enough to fire accurately. At least he hoped it would. The Deacon slowely turned on the spot to keep the shield between him and Zurgus unknowingly leaving himself open. The Deacon hefted his weapon over the shield and fired.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Petroshka Petroshka Fanaa Fanaa Epiphany Epiphany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back