• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Suuuper tempted for array 3 for the meme... But I think I'm settled on warlock for my class w/ pact of the chain (or however i get a familiar lol) Gonna do some reading

What you going to be having Athaclenna doing?
I have an idea that Athaclenna has been called to go and proselytize about her god (to be named as soon as I pick him/her), sharing the good word of the god with other elves, and along the way, share my talents as a healer with the people I come across that need my aid. She is rather naive and is too trusting of those of her religion, and could use someone a bit more worldly to help keep her safe.

I have an idea that Athaclenna has been called to go and proselytize about her god (to be named as soon as I pick him/her), sharing the good word of the god with other elves, and along the way, share my talents as a healer with the people I come across that need my aid. She is rather naive and is too trusting of those of her religion, and could use someone a bit more worldly to help keep her safe.

Well you happen to be in luck because pirates just so happen to be the worldliest lot there is! No better a person to blindly and naively trust than a pirate! And a gnoll one to boot. He hasn't even tried to eat her, so it's obvious he has ascended above his feral instincts and is ready for conversion.

Well you happen to be in luck because pirates just so happen to be the worldliest lot there is! No better a person to blindly and naively trust than a pirate! And a gnoll one to boot. He hasn't even tried to eat her, so it's obvious he has ascended above his feral instincts and is ready for conversion.

I'm so glad that pirates are as trustworthy , if not more trustworthy, in this world as in the real world. Everyone can learn something from a pirate! It's a marvel that kings do not take on pirates as advisors.

D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie
Well at 131 years, Athaclenna's probably going to be way too old for my character, so best wishes to you two.

She is essentially 23-25 by elf standards. Sure, she ages slowly, but that is not to say that you can't live a fine life with an wonderful elf. Just become a druid and dedicate yourself to nature forever and you can last as long as she can with Timeless Body for the bargain price of taking eighteen levels of Druid!

D. Rex D. Rex Psychie Psychie
Well at 131 years, Athaclenna's probably going to be way too old for my character, so best wishes to you two.

Are you playing am aaracokra?

If so... Gnolls sadly have about the same life span. 30ish years.

I'm so glad that pirates are as trustworthy , if not more trustworthy, in this world as in the real world. Everyone can learn something from a pirate! It's a marvel that kings do not take on pirates as advisors.

She is essentially 23-25 by elf standards. Sure, she ages slowly, but that is not to say that you can't live a fine life with an wonderful elf. Just become a druid and dedicate yourself to nature forever and you can last as long as she can with Timeless Body for the bargain price of taking eighteen levels of Druid!

They really should! They should hire me immediately. Think of the novelty of having a gnoll advisor! It would be the talk of the town to have one that even bathed. And a pirate too? Well, that speaks for itself. A jester, advisor, and enforcer all rolled into one.

You would set a fashion trend that would make every royalty wanting its own gnoll or pirate pet. I mean advisor.

Also... Toryk doesn't want to die. 30 years is too soon. 10 or 15 years is all he has left. 20 at the absolute most.

That would be a blink of an eye to an elf.

No. I'm playing a human.
Gotcha! Maybe that was Felis then. Getting confused, just woke up.

In that case! Feel long lived! You, to me, will be like Athaclenna to you!

But if she's too old for you, heck. That goes triple for me.

But obviously that won't stop a good pirate gnoll from trying.

Gotcha! Maybe that was Felis then. Getting confused, just woke up.

In that case! Feel long lived! You, to me, will be like Athaclenna to you!

But if she's too old for you, heck. That goes triple for me.

But obviously that won't stop a good pirate gnoll from trying.

You are going to love this session's events then, I think. =P Have you considered a life as a lich or vamp? Immortality is a thing of beauty if you do not mind the side effects.

They really should! They should hire me immediately. Think of the novelty of having a gnoll advisor! It would be the talk of the town to have one that even bathed. And a pirate too? Well, that speaks for itself. A jester, advisor, and enforcer all rolled into one.

You would set a fashion trend that would make every royalty wanting its own gnoll or pirate pet. I mean advisor.

The novelty would be of the highest order! He seems plenty intelligent, wise, and charismatic even for a human, but the bath and piracy sells him as a high commodity. Truly, all royals should have a Toryk and all gnolls should aspire to be a Toryk. Then again, there can be only one, Highlander-style.

I forgot to say earlier, but when/if you have completed your character sheet please let me know and I will be happy to discuss possible story beat ideas and plot hooks with you individually via PM. You will not know everything -- I intend to surprise you somehow -- but I want to make this a more personal journey for your characters than "lol collect some stuff for gold you'll be fine."

Furthermore, if you are having issues with building your sheets, let me know and I can help. So far everyone is doing amazing.

You are going to love this session's events then, I think. =P Have you considered a life as a lich or vamp? Immortality is a thing of beauty if you do not mind the side effects.

The novelty would be of the highest order! He seems plenty intelligent, wise, and charismatic even for a human, but the bath and piracy sells him as a high commodity. Truly, all royals should have a Toryk and all gnolls should aspire to be a Toryk. Then again, there can be only one, Highlander-style.

When you have so little time, eternity sounds all the more appealing! Cost or no. When all your friends get to see the world for ages, but you don't, its hard to not want to see it with them. Whats a little undeath at that point? Or grinding out druid levels? (Gnolls would make a pretty good Circle of Spores druid after all)

As for being the Royal Gnoll, I may have to take you up on that. After all, it would have been pretty easy for one to have just fished him out of the water. A legendary hyenafish. Advising the king on shady tactics folk do, flirting with the queen, dueling with knights and princes and making the princesses swoon. With the bar set so low, he can impress every time.

Last edited:
I forgot to say earlier, but when/if you have completed your character sheet please let me know and I will be happy to discuss possible story beat ideas and plot hooks with you individually via PM. You will not know everything -- I intend to surprise you somehow -- but I want to make this a more personal journey for your characters than "lol collect some stuff for gold you'll be fine."

Furthermore, if you are having issues with building your sheets, let me know and I can help. So far everyone is doing amazing.
And I'm definitely looking forward to this! I love this sort of discussion. And I certainly love making plots more personal. Throw me your surprises! Be they good or bad!

I now have ammunition for potential futures I may or may not fire at you in-game. :evilteeth: *rubs hands together furtively*. This kind of stuff augments story beats and potential run-ins. I will see if I can send a PM soon.

All, I will get an in-character thread drafted up and will submit it when I get four character sheets approved. Just so you know, again there is no rush. I am eager and excited to meet your characters and look forward to seeing the different styles everyone has.

I now have ammunition for potential futures I may or may not fire at you in-game. :evilteeth: *rubs hands together furtively*. This kind of stuff augments story beats and potential run-ins. I will see if I can send a PM soon.

Do your worst! Or best!

I'm going to skip using a character builder because the two I've tried don't have the patron I want... wish me luck....

Expect questions but i'll at least try to compile them in a list

The character builder is very useful even if not everything is available. It can give you the basics at the very least, though porting the information is difficult unless you have two screens. I will have to admit that much time was spent for me regarding blasted inventory, considering I buy a lot of ranged weaponry. One campaign I swapped an uncommon magic item for ten or twenty nets. Then the DM made every enemy 3 squares wide so that I cannot use them effectively when I threw nets everywhere. =P I wish you luck in the process, however. I'm rooting for you!

The character builder is very useful even if not everything is available. It can give you the basics at the very least, though porting the information is difficult unless you have two screens. I will have to admit that much time was spent for me regarding blasted inventory, considering I buy a lot of ranged weaponry. One campaign I swapped an uncommon magic item for ten or twenty nets. Then the DM made every enemy 3 squares wide so that I cannot use them effectively when I threw nets everywhere. =P I wish you luck in the process, however. I'm rooting for you!

Not having much problem there! Thankfully I dont need very much.

A few caltrops and ball bearings and a grappling hook can go a long way in making trouble. Biggest problem is just typing it all down and keeping track if the selling and buying.

Deciding on magic items wasn't easy.

Not much magical light armor. Though the Glamoured studded leather was very tempting. Even if it was only a +1.

However! Right now i just got me a +1 rapier, and a Cloak of Protection for a +1 ac and +1 to all saving throws.

That said, getting on of the rare magical weapons with the magic effects would be really awesome. Could make for some fun story beats and plot hooks to how they got such a thing.

As far as the mechanics go, I do believe that Brazamal is ready to be reviewed. His backstory is going to be fairly vanilla; he's a nobleman's son that had a calling to join the holy order and train to go forth and stomp out evil where he can find it.

Yeah, I should probably get my character finished as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back