• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
So in terms of characters, what is everyone planning to make? I'm generally happy to do whatever, as long as I don't end up seriously overlapping with anyone else.

Thanks you two.

And just to check, how are we handling stats? Are we rolling for them?

Yes. Three sets of attributes, using 4d6, take the top three dice.

Yeah, I'll do that as well, now that I know what you both mean.

Array 3

10, 10, 17, 12, 11, 11

Last edited:
I'm thinking I might try for my knightly aaracokra rogue or thuggish Tabaxi monk. Leaning towards the monk.

Though of course depending on my rolls i might even try something completely different.

Currently leaning towards a fighter myself, using my first array. I'll explain the 7 in Int as my character taking a bad knock on the head during an earlier battle.

Hi everyone, finally made my way to the OOC as well!

Let's see if I can remember how to use the RPNation dice...

Array 1: 17, 17, 12, 12, 16, 15 (if I'm not mistaken)

And finally, array 3: 15, 12, 11, 13, 10, 14

As I said, I was thinking about making an Eldritch Knight or a bard (probably human or half-elf because I'm boring), but I've noticed we might have a fighter and (multiclassed) bard already, so I can do something else, too. I've been toying with concepts for an Owlfolk or Genasi Storm Sorcerer, but I'm not sure if those character races fall under the ones not accepted.

Last edited:
As I said, I was thinking about making an Eldritch Knight or a bard (probably human or half-elf because I'm boring), but I've noticed we might have a fighter and (multiclassed) bard already, so I can do something else, too. I've been toying with concepts for an Owlfolk or Genasi Storm Sorcerer, but I'm not sure if those character races fall under the ones not accepted.

I'm thinking of going with a Battlemaster, in case you're worried about overlap in that regard.

Also, quick question for Thanny Thanny , but are variant humans going to be allowed here?

It seems that so far, everyone's first die roll set has been their best.

How much for a Ring of Protection?

Normally they have a face value of 2500-5000 gp in my games, depending on the scarcity of gold in-game (sometimes they were 500 gp with gold being ten times as valuable). I'll go with 2500 gp this time. Now, mind you, it is a rare item by many sources due to rebalance, even though in 3e and 3.5e they were as common as the need to breathe. I suppose it is supply and demand over the thousands of years after the golden age of magic.

I'm thinking I might try for my knightly aaracokra rogue or thuggish Tabaxi monk. Leaning towards the monk.

Though of course depending on my rolls i might even try something completely different.

I forgot to mention that I will accept you as well, D. Rex. I'm pushing the envelope a little bit and hopefully Sherwood won't leave because of it, but I think with 6-7 characters there is marginal difference for a DM. I'll just toss in a CR19 leviathan to balance the difference. I will cap it at 7 players unless someone regrettably drops, then it is back down to 6 players.

I'm thinking of going with a Battlemaster, in case you're worried about overlap in that regard.

Also, quick question for Thanny Thanny , but are variant humans going to be allowed here?

Variant humans are allowable here, same with variant tieflings and, hmm, well, whatever other variants there are out there.

It seems that so far, everyone's first die roll set has been their best.

Laughably this is so! Very interesting.

And finally, array 3: 15, 12, 11, 13, 10, 14

I missed this. No worries about making an Owlfolk or Genasi, these UAs are allowed by me and flavour things nicely. It seems that we are going with an exotic crew when it comes to races, which I adore. Classes too. I have never seen a Storm Sorcerer in action, though I have been contemplating a Storm Sorcerer / Tempest Cleric kobold (I love kobolds) in a one-shot.

Normally they have a face value of 2500-5000 gp in my games, depending on the scarcity of gold in-game (sometimes they were 500 gp with gold being ten times as valuable). I'll go with 2500 gp this time. Now, mind you, it is a rare item by many sources due to rebalance, even though in 3e and 3.5e they were as common as the need to breathe. I suppose it is supply and demand over the thousands of years after the golden age of magic.

I forgot to mention that I will accept you as well, D. Rex. I'm pushing the envelope a little bit and hopefully Sherwood won't leave because of it, but I think with 6-7 characters there is marginal difference for a DM. I'll just toss in a CR19 leviathan to balance the difference. I will cap it at 7 players unless someone regrettably drops, then it is back down to 6 players.

Variant humans are allowable here, same with variant tieflings and, hmm, well, whatever other variants there are out there.

Laughably this is so! Very interesting.
Yo! If I'm one too many, I can back out until later. Its not too late, I haven't even rolled yet. I don't mind. Would hate to be the straw that broke the camels back.

*holds you at knifepoint*, join me or die! But seriously, I have handled nine players before. What's a seventh? I would be more than happy to accept you.

I'm guessing that a Cloak of Protection would also be beyond my 1,000 gp range. What about a Bag of Holding? Those things are almost a required item in an adventurer's gear.

Thanny Thanny Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Uncommon magic items are generally going to be the 500 gp cost. If so, I have a few items that are on my list of things to ponder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back